Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Case: Sun, Moon and the Truth

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

They might as well do what they sometimes do with reality shows and list the episode summary as "No description available".

This season is dragging because every episode this season is pretty much the same.  I predict that this will happen in this episode:

• Jane acts suspicious
  • Weller is suspicious of her suspiciousness
  • Tasha is sinister
  • Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio utters some Sinister Dragon Lady pronouncements
  • Reade angsts
  • Patterson and Rich save the day and are totally awesome at it

Please, show, get rid of Reade and Tasha.  Find a way to bring back Mayfair (miss her gravitas) and Luke Mitchell (as a good FBI agent).  A field team of Jane, Weller, Luke Mitchell and Mayfair would be amazing.

• Love 2

MEM: We need a hacker, NOW!

Tasha: We have a great hacker.

MEM: No, we want the best, kill this guy and lets get the best.And did I say it was URGENT!

Tasha: Nobody knows who it is.

MEM:Well, find him, cause like I said, we need him IMMEaDIATELY!!

Tasha: But we just had a guy who could do it in here?!?
MEM:That's to easy, Bwahahahah!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, edhopper said:

MEM: We need a hacker, NOW!

Tasha: We have a great hacker.

MEM: No, we want the best, kill this guy and lets get the best.And did I say it was URGENT!

Tasha: Nobody knows who it is.

MEM:Well, find him, cause like I said, we need him IMMEaDIATELY!!

Tasha: But we just had a guy who could do it in here?!?
MEM:That's to easy, Bwahahahah!!

Yeah it makes no sense when they have a capable hacker already there instead of overcomplicating themselves.

• Love 1

I actually thought this was a pretty good one. Finally, we have Weller vs. Remi. I know this set up has been done before, where the good guy and the bad guy ( or woman, in Jane's case) have to work together, even though the bad one wants the other to die ( or, Remi thinks she does. How can she really be sure at this point?). And I don't mean the plot in general, I mean another show did almost this exact set up, but i just can't remember which one I'm thinking of-- oh, well. Still a fun show for a Friday night.

I will call BS on the FBI secure site having no one at all in the building, with only the guard at the gate and that's it ! And even if no one else was in there, if they do have cameras you'd think someone would be monitoring those and called in the troops when unauthorized people where in the roaming around free as a bird. But that would have spoiled all that came after, I suppose.

I do hope the FBI chief (Weitz ?) isn't really bad pretending to be good. That really has been done to death.

• Love 4

Finally a teeny bit of movement on Remy/Jane. At last, Weller knows that it's all Remy now, but he's going to fight for the Jane inside. Just as Patterson and Rich have found Roman's stash of medical info. Why did Roman go to such lengths to hide this info again?

• Love 3

I liked Weller thinking ahead and attaching the explosives to the bottom of the device. Patterson and Rich were great, as usual. I could do without the Tasha, Reade, sinister wealthy successor to Hank Crawford storyline. 

• Love 4

Weller put it together and caught Remi?  Now he is going down the "stupid" path and believes he can bring Jane back. Poor guy! 

Rich had a lot of free time putting the Book of Secret presentation together! 

Did Weller's neighbors ignore the noisy brawl on their floor and go back to watching tv? 

Did the guards ever wake up to call for backup? This show makes the FBI look like a bunch of fools. Also, how would they allow Rich to demolish a floor.

Whenever Zapata's and Burke's scenes comes on my interest level goes down.

Bye Eve. At least you don't have to worry about paying your debt anymore. 

I get the feeling Weitz is not going to survive this season.

Will the Dabbur Zann be a future foe for our team?

There should be an episode dedicated to showing how Roman created and planted all his clues.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Weller put it together and caught Remi?  Now he is going down the "stupid" path and believes he can bring Jane back. Poor guy! 

The worst part about Weller's quest to bring Jane back is that we've barely seen them as a functional couple:

• Season 1 was about unraveling the mystery and their underlying attraction to each other
  • Season 2 is about Jane trying to regain the FBI's trust, bring down her mother, and reconnect with Roman
  • Season 3 has a time jump. Jane and Weller's nascent relationship has become a marriage, which has fallen apart. Jane has been missing for years. Roman is trying to get revenge. Even when Jane does come back to the FBI and Weller, she lies about cheating on him for half the season and spends the other half pissed that he kept info about her daughter from her.
  • In season 4, Jane has reverted to Remi. She's actively trying to sabotage the FBI.

If this show had any freaking sense, instead of giving the audience shmoopy flashbacks of Weller and Jane that we never saw, they'd give us scenes of Weller and Jane kicking ass. We know the two of them loved being in the field together. It's not hard to believe that it might have been their version of foreplay. Furthermore, it makes it that much more likely that Remi might still have some residual feelings for Weller based on muscle memory from being in a fire fight.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

he kept info about her daughter from her.

Oh yeah. Whatever happened to that daughter? Not that I want her back.

WTHeck about that huge FBI warehouse having just one guy on the gate and no one else anywhere. I guess everyone goes home at night, leaving the sole guard with no coffee pot in his little guard hut.

Got a laugh out of the bad woman doing full makeup, including glitter eye shadow, before heading out to kill people. I always wonder why the bad guy threatens to kill the good guy if he/she doesn't open the safe, take them to the money, give them the combination. I mean, if the good guy is dead, isn't the bad person dead ended anyway?

Do we know what was in the stolen case or is that all a moot point now that it's blown up.

Got a kick out of Weller and Jane/Remi having their discussion about married life while they are trying to survive/thwart a bad-guy plot. Geesh.

And yeah, no one in that office noticed Rich digging through concrete during work hours?

Who knew it was so easy to find a super hacker via the Dark Web. That'd be funny if the super hacker turned out to be Rich.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The worst part about Weller's quest to bring Jane back is that we've barely seen them as a functional couple:

• Season 1 was about unraveling the mystery and their underlying attraction to each other
  • Season 2 is about Jane trying to regain the FBI's trust, bring down her mother, and reconnect with Roman
  • Season 3 has a time jump. Jane and Weller's nascent relationship has become a marriage, which has fallen apart. Jane has been missing for years. Roman is trying to get revenge. Even when Jane does come back to the FBI and Weller, she lies about cheating on him for half the season and spends the other half pissed that he kept info about her daughter from her.
  • In season 4, Jane has reverted to Remi. She's actively trying to sabotage the FBI.

If this show had any freaking sense, instead of giving the audience shmoopy flashbacks of Weller and Jane that we never saw, they'd give us scenes of Weller and Jane kicking ass. We know the two of them loved being in the field together. It's not hard to believe that it might have been their version of foreplay. Furthermore, it makes it that much more likely that Remi might still have some residual feelings for Weller based on muscle memory from being in a fire fight.

Yeah, they keep skipping anything substantial, there's always something: missing memories, a time skip, a secret kid, and now this.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

The actress playing Eve looked so familiar so I had to look her up.  She used to play Ivy back in the day on 90210.  She's still gorgeous as ever!

Thank you so much!!!!! It was killing me trying to remember where I recognized her from! IMDB was no help as they hadn't updated the cast list for last night's episode yet.

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And yeah, no one in that office noticed Rich digging through concrete during work hours?

Ah, but it wasn't during regular work hours. Rich kept talking about how excited he was to be pulling an all-nighter w/ Patterson. (Right there w/ ya, Rich.) So, it's no surprise that nobody on the FBI skeleton crew would have a problem w/ someone drilling and digging into the office floor ... well, actually, even if there was only other person working they'd at least question what Rich was doing. 

• Love 1

I did enjoy Remi saying that the only reason why Weller liked Jane was because he could be the hero and mold her into what he needed... he denied it but that's how I've felt about him and their relationship this entire time. In a way, that's why I enjoyed seeing them cooperate now that the truth is out... he had to stop seeing her as someone who needs his protection and love. There are lots of Jeller fans out there but @HunterHunted stated their issues so well. Plus, I just don't see any chemistry between them. But I'm sure she'll eventually "find" Jane within her and they'll be stronger than ever for it. Maybe they'll be better because she'll still have Remi's roughness.

I hope Weitz isn't seriously considering becoming president of Evil Lady's company. It was one thing to pretend with her but he seemed excited about it when talking with Reade. He just had an episode where he was shocked the FBI team would think he'd sell them out. Unless he's thinking about taking over when she's apprehended and making it a legitimate company...

• Love 1

I thought she meant President of the US? The villains on this show are such megalomaniacs that it sounded reasonable.

This season is really dragging - the one good thing about it is that the show and all its characters have completely forgotten about Jane's daughter. 

• Love 1

I hate quoting myself, but it's probably necessary to illustrate my point.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:22 AM, HunterHunted said:

In hindsight, I realized that Remi and Jane do have a type; it's action guy. Oscar, Remi's former fiance and handler, was the soulful and sensitive action guy. Weller is the angsty action guy. Clem, Jane's Kidnapping and Rescue partner, was the slightly bad boy no baggage action guy. She sleeps with Clem right a K&R job. Jane briefly dates one normal non-action guy and she basically sabotages that almost from the beginning. This why had the flashbacks shown Jane and Weller going on ops and falling into bed, it would have made more sense when Remi would hesitate to kill Weller because that's very much Remi's pattern too. It would also ease the audience into any rehab of Remi as the show will likely try to integrate the two (Remi and Jane) by the end of the season/show.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

Tasha finds out in 2 seconds where the bestest, most sercret dark web hacker in the World is. (I questioned his abilities)

And Burke decides, rather than simply and quickly using a perfectly capable hacker, to fly to Mexico to get in bed with a Drug Cartel. Not knowing if they will release their special hacker.or just kill them both. Cause Drug Lords are so easy.

I can't help it, I like this show. It's not perfect, lots of things don't always add up, but all in all, I like it. I do forget about the things that don't make sense (Rich destroying the floor? Weller escaping the FBI building with no explanation?) and concentrate on the good stuff.

I LOVED that Weller finally knows he's dealing with Remi and not Jane. And I weirdly enjoyed their interactions when they were locked in the FBI safe building thing (can't remember the name of it). Remi hates Weller - or she thinks she does - and Weller is angry at Remi. But they still worked together for a while there, and trusted each other. I don't know, that dysfunctional moment was enjoyable for some reason.

I'm so done with Zapatta working with that evil woman. I roll my eyes at almost all the scenes with both women. It was enjoyable when that plot line started, but now it is just dragging. I want Zapatta to kick this woman's ass, kill her, put her in jail, whatever. I want Zapatta to be out of that situation. Or finally reveal why she is doing all of this. Is she trapped somehow? What does evil woman have over her?

I kinda enjoy Reid and Weitz working together. And I like the ambiguity about Weitz being a good guy or a bad guy. I hope it turns out he is good - enough of the evil FBI bosses being evil!

And Rich Dot Com and Patterson are just the best. Their banter and chemistry is amazing! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

So Weller gets kidnapped and bomb vested and forced to do a break in then when he escapes he goes home? Not to confess or debrief or anything? Just home, to tidy up I guess.

Debriefer:  So, tell me what happened.

Weller:  This girl came to the apartment with a lame story about locking herself out, so we let her in but she was a plant and two thugs and a hottie came in and kidnapped us.  They made us knock out two guards and break into the most unsecured secure FBI facility, and then put on bomb vests to get to get into the inner vault and steal some evidence, but we outfoxed them and disarmed the vests, and then Jane, I mean Remi, turned on me and took the evidence, but I outfoxed her and put a bomb in the box.  She locked me in the building and got away, but I blew up the bomb and killed the thugs and the hottie.

Debriefer:  Okay, that about covers it.  Go on home and get some rest.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

So Weller gets kidnapped and bomb vested and forced to do a break in then when he escapes he goes home? Not to confess or debrief or anything? Just home, to tidy up I guess.

Yes, especially after they broke in, stole evidence, and a van exploded.

• Love 1