Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

MGs Arrow answer is pretty much the standard no (for Hollywood). They always seem to go for the scheduling excuse.

KC has nothing better to do so that's a total BS excuse. Yikes.

Just now, calliope1975 said:

giphy.gif

I'm more annoyed at GATV wasting a question on KC than anything else. SHE'S NOT COMING BACK. LET IT GO. 

• Love 5

It should be expected honestly. They probably want her for the finale for the flashbacks. 

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

KC has nothing better to do so that's a total BS excuse. Yikes.

I'm more annoyed at GATV wasting a question on KC than anything else. SHE'S NOT COMING BACK. LET IT GO. 

Because she hasn't had work since Arrow? 

I doubt they expect her to come back full time but they still want to see her part time which we'll still be seeing.

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So I guess this is the final confirmation? KC didn't get an LoT appearance and Flash is iffy?

Interesting.  So all the big deal about her being a series regular across all the shows ended up amounting to four appearances on Arrow.  Wow. 

He said this was from a press Q&A. I'm curious if any other sites will report this, and what their spin will be.

• Love 3
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

We went from "she will never step on a Berlanti set" to her showing up so clearly anything is possible. 

With the new BC? I don't think so.

But maybe a flashback or two in the finale isn't out of the question. hardly think she'll have an arc though. After season 5 - she's definitely out. Don't see how they'd string her along considering there won't be much to do with that character anymore.

Just now, Starfish35 said:

Interesting.  So all the big deal about her being a series regular across all the shows ended up amounting to four appearances on Arrow.  Wow. 

He said this was from a press Q&A. I'm curious if any other sites will report this, and what their spin will be.

Clearly Berlanti and co. Played up the contracts for headlines. Everyone has pretty much been wasted. Wentworth will probably get 4/5 appearances and JB, 8?

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

With the new BC? I don't think so.

But maybe a flashback or two in the finale isn't out of the question. hardly think she'll have an arc though. After season 5 - she's definitely out. Don't see how they'd string her along considering there won't be much to do with that character anymore.

I think as ling as Quentin is around, the possibility of Siren coming back is always there. Plus i wouldn't be surprised if they give us a Canary/Siren showdown that will go towards legitimizing DD more.

JB has had a fairly major arc on LoT, he's appearing

in the musical episode on Flash, and he'll be back in Arrow by the end of the season.

So I would say it's justified in his case.

But you're right - I thought WM's deal was going to amount to far more than it has.  So far he's only appeared (I think) once on Flash and once on LoT, and I think he's only supposed to be

in the last couple of episodes of LoT.

So yeah, about four appearances for him too.

Edited by Starfish35
Added spoiler tags, just in case

Answering Arrow Season 5’s Greatest Mystery: Where’s Thea?

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/answering-arrow-season-5s-greatest-mystery-wheres-thea/

“Everyone’s, like, ‘where’s Thea?’ Well, Willa’s [in] 14 out of 23 episodes this year. She’s not in all 23. That’s not her contract. So we’ve had to write around that,” Arrow Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim addressed during a Q&A at the CW headquarters in Burbank this morning. [Editor’s note: Marc didn’t clarify if the crossover episodes were part of that 14]

Usually, series regular contracts, despite being credited for 23 episodes, result in actors appearing less than that, though usually they are guaranteed something between 11-13 episodes per year, with more as the story and actor availability permits. We saw this before when John Barrowmanwould miss episodes of Arrow; you’ll also notice that Paul Blackthorne is not in every episode of the show, and he, too, hadn’t been seen a whole lot for a few weeks before his return in “Bratva.”

This happens on other CW series as well. Fans of Smallville remember those years when Erica Durance wouldn’t appear every week as Lois. On The Vampire Diaries, it worked like clockwork that inevitably, Jeremy, Bonnie, and/or Tyler would “be out of town” for a few weeks in the middle of every season. Sometimes it’s noticeable when an actor is missing; other times, so much is going on in the series that we, the audience, don’t even notice they’re gone on a particular week.

“It’s complicated,” Guggenheim admitted. “We try to make the process invisible in terms of our storytelling, but there are just human realities and contractual realities that not only tie our hands, but tie the hands of everyone running a show these days.”

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Oh, man, Willa totally got sent to rehab, didn't she. That's totally showrunner speak for when an actor is struggling. :/

While incredibly unfortunate, I hope she's seeking help and gets better :/ 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Oh, man, Willa totally got sent to rehab, didn't she. That's totally showrunner speak for when an actor is struggling. :/

That was my first thought. It also makes me wonder if she is getting any better cause that's really blunt. If she is struggling with addiction, the photos she is posting on social media aren't that encouraging.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

She has a history of it, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

It's the first I've heard of it, but considering how young she was when she started out, I don't really find it surprising.

28 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

OK maybe she's not in rehab because she posted a photo of her on the beach with a margarita in Aruba lol

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It's the first I've heard of it, but considering how young she was when she started out, I don't really find it surprising.

I didn't know anything until a couple of years ago. I heard she had a habit during her time on the OC. Of course could all just be rumors

10 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Being in 14, does that equal 14 actual appearances or credited in 14? 

Paid for 14, appears in 14, credited for 23, probably gets her risiduals up. Quarks did a while thing about this not too long ago.

• Love 4

As far as I can tell, she was in all of the first nine episodes, she just hasn't shown up yet post-MSF. Was Thea even name dropped in 511? I know there were mentions in 510 and 512, but I'm drawing a blank with 511.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Clearly Berlanti and co. Played up the contracts for headlines. Everyone has pretty much been wasted. Wentworth will probably get 4/5 appearances and JB, 8?

They were pretty clear she is just a guest star. TV Line and others ran with the headlines and equated it with JB and WM contracts. Its cheaper for them that way, i wouldnt say anybody has been wasted. 

25 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

OK maybe she's not in rehab because she posted a photo of her on the beach with a margarita in Aruba lol

LOL. I figured rehab back when they were shooting the 2 eps she already missed, not right now. 

• Love 2

I think as ling as Quentin is around, the possibility of Siren coming back is always there. Plus i wouldn't be surprised if they give us a Canary/Siren showdown that will go towards legitimizing DD more.

I don't think QL has anything to do with Black Siren. Also I don't think the show will connect them. And I believe that QL should not be connected with BS at all. No offense, but OQ being obsessed over how much LL she was, was already too much for me. I don't need to see it with QL. I have very few positive memories of LL's time on Arrow. But the QL/LL relationship was special, I don't want to see that ruined by BS.

On your other point, I agree with you. I totally see the potential of a Canaries episode Redux. Repeating what they already did is completely on par with Arrow this season. Bring back Black Siren to fight with nu-BC and it's a masquerade of fun & stunts. Those hallucinations were part of their legitimizing BCv2, I could see BS being used for whatever version of BC we are on.

Or they could just bring KC back to Obi Wan Kenobi, the new BC in one of the "epic" episodes to come during sweeps or finales. Which if LL returns is what I think will happen. Likewise if LL ever makes a visit to LoT, I think it will be in a similar fashion. Dead vision giving inspirational speeches.

2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Did he?  I thought the news came out beforehand and she just asked him about it.

Yep. The news was announced at the SDCC panel and Jbuffy had a conversation with MG earlier in the day where he told her. She did this whole blog post right after they spoke. I remember some of us were concerned KC would show up at the panel.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

LOL. I figured rehab back when they were shooting the 2 eps she already missed, not right now. 

That would be some pretty poor rehab if she is drinking on the beach right now.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If she does come back, I figured it'd be to close out the flashbacks and have Oliver creeping on her when he gets back to Starling or something like that.

Creeping while holding onto her photo

Never forget the photo

• Love 9

I don't understand why Willa contracting for less episodes means she's in rehab. I do think MG's quote is a lot of Hollywood mumble jumble and PR. But I think it was a long stretch from that to rehab. Maybe she just doesn't want to spend her free time in a Vancouver trailer waiting for her few minutes of screentime once a week. Honestly, "human realities" could mean anything. I just don't think we should jump to rehab. Here's hoping whatever it is, is going well for her.

TVLine has similar quotes as Craig, but they don't imply the word "yet" after "conversations", and it ends on low key Guggie snark:

“We have an idea for how to see [Katie] again, but we haven’t made a deal with her,” Guggenheim shared. “She’s not a series regular anymore, so we have to make a contract with her, and she’s got to be available. We haven’t had those conversations. But… we know exactly what we do want to do.

“You now know more than Katie does in terms of her involvement at the end of the season,” the EP quipped.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/13/arrow-season-5-katie-cassidy-contract-status-willa-holland/

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

“You now know more than Katie does in terms of her involvement at the end of the season,” the EP quipped.

This reminds me of the EW interview with the LoT cast where MG told CL to get over Laurel's death LOL

Edited by wonderwall

So from that interview, it sounds like MG has an idea to bring Katie on for, like, one or two episodes. It does sound like she's officially done with the show, on both ends. Marc talking about how she needs to be available and she needs to sign another contract definitely makes it sound short term, at best. So yeah, Laurel Lance sounds pretty much done on this show and if Katie does come back, it'll be Black Siren. It also sounds like it won't be this season. 

Also, the "you [the reader] now know more than Katie does in terms of her involvement at the end of the season"? What, is his plan to bring Black Siren in for whatever Final Battle there is in the finale? It's probably some BS vs Dinah/new BC shit, if they can get a contract signed in time. It doesn't sound like it'll happen, especially with the direction they've chosen, but good luck with that. If you can't seemingly get in touch with KC to tell her these things before you do an interview, then it probably won't happen. Not that I want to see KC back, but I'm sure the fans are getting tired of all this back and forth vague interview answers. It sounds like MG is just baiting KC into making the next move, so whatever happens is on her, not on him. "Oh, but we TRIED, you see? We made it known that we have PLANS. PLANS! So don't blame me if it doesn't happen. Blame Katie and whoever makes up the contract to get it to happen." 

Honestly, every time Marc speaks on any platform, it just twinges my hate for him even more. He's just not good in the public eye...at all. He needs to maybe sit down and shut his mouth. 

I do wonder about Willa's contract and if she asked to miss out on nine episodes, or whether her contract was altered to make way for the newbs. There ARE a lot of recurring characters this season, it feels like more than usual, and it does seem like they've been having a hard time budgeting for them all. I mean, Chad Coleman was only in three episodes, Joe DiNicol just left, Madison McLaughlin is gone after ten episodes, Carly Pope pops in every few episodes, Juliana Harkavy just joined halfway through the season, and even Tyler Ritter only managed to be in about five or six episodes before his character was killed off. It feels like they have been trying to spread out their budget on multiple characters, so I have to wonder if Willa's contract was possibly a casualty of it. I don't know enough about the subject, so maybe it was just her choice to appear in less. 

3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Honestly, every time Marc speaks on any platform, it just twinges my hate for him even more. He's just not good in the public eye...at all. He needs to maybe sit down and shut his mouth. 

It's either Wendy or Marc... and quite frankly, I'd much rather have Marc speak lol

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

It's either Wendy or Marc... and quite frankly, I'd much rather have Marc speak lol

Oh that Wendy lady is awful! I saw an interview/blurb with her and they also had Felicity clips. I ended up muting her bits so I could wait for my Felicity snippets without hearing her talk.

It should be expected honestly. They probably want her for the finale for the flashbacks.

They might but i think the finale flashbacks should end where we started the series -- with Oliver getting picked up by the Chinese fishing boat and taking off his fake (surprise!) hair and beard.

I think she'd be better used as the Black Siren or if Tommy really is Prometheus (speculation only), then n one of hs flashbacks.

• Love 1

Also, the "you [the reader] now know more than Katie does in terms of her involvement at the end of the season"? What, is his plan to bring Black Siren in for whatever Final Battle there is in the finale? It's probably some BS vs Dinah/new BC shit, if they can get a contract signed in time

Not at all, seems the most logical reason to bring her back would be for one final flashback to tie S1 to S5. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

That really makes me wonder just what flashbacks would tie S1 to S5. I always kind of figured they were building to Oliver deciding to come home and getting on that boat. What would they flashback to Laurel to bring it to the beginning?

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That really makes me wonder just what flashbacks would tie S1 to S5. I always kind of figured they were building to Oliver deciding to come home and getting on that boat. What would they flashback to Laurel to bring it to the beginning?

They need to wrap up the picture of doom for good, so it would be something like, Oliver glues the beard on his face, then looks at the picture of doom, then has ~a vision~ of St. Laurel -- cut to present time -- and he gives the picture of doom to Lance for ~feels~, or maybe to Tinah for lulz.

• Love 1