Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

I need a link. Please and thank you. :-) *you can direct me to the fic thread if you post it*

A couple of Felicity and Tommy fic for Nanrad.:

Smoak and Merlyn   by writewithurheat

In the universe right next door  by redtoes.

I don't know if either of these are the one TanyaKay was referring to but I like them because they have a nice friendship between Felicity and Tommy.

While looking for their urls, I went to an archive of our own and put in Felicity Smoak and Tommy Merlyn.  18 pages came up!  Many of then are group fic, but it appears that quite a few of us with that Tommy and Felicity could have been friends.

Edited by statsgirl

I didn't see this video anywhere in the thread, though I'm sure many of you have already seen it.

I'm really impressed by the editing, it looks like it Oliver & Felicity are really the ones speaking. While I haven't read the books, and don't have any interest in the movie - I love the remixed Beyonce song, & the video is awesome.

• Love 1

Let It Be Me  is now completed.  (Have I mentioned how much I hate starting a WIP only to find that the author lost interest and left it dangling?)

It starts out as a 'drunk and married in Las Vegas'  fic but moves into a really good, realistic study of feelings and how we can screw things up even as we're trying to fix them.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Someone recommended this fic on twitter and it has hilarious Diggle and Roy interaction. The writer calls them Riggle.

There is a gay arms dealer in love with Diggle and Roy is in Cruella deVelle drag.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10632876/1/Love-Potion-Number-9

According to the synopsis, apparently this is a sequel to another fic this person wrote!. Since  I have the time, I think I may start delving into fanfiction today. Wish me luck! :p 

• Love 2

According to the synopsis, apparently this is a sequel to another fic this person wrote!. Since  I have the time, I think I may start delving into fanfiction today. Wish me luck! :p 

I started it without reading the first one and it makes sense to me but I am sure it would be more fun to read it with the right background and context.

That gay arms dealer with Diggle and Roy is hilarious. I only wish they have something half as funny in the show.

• Love 1

The first one...meh. Felicity's pose and location makes her look like a costumed hero...minus the costume. 

Hint: She is a hero ;) Not in an "I'll beat the living hell out of you" way, but in a more "You cross me and I will delete your entire existence with a click of a button" kind of way. I love how she's standing at the top. She looks confident (as she is in her abilities),  strong (which she is, just not physically. But that doesn't discount her mental and emotional strength), and brave (which she also is because she overcomes her fears in order to save Starling). Just because Felicity doesn't hood up, doesn't not make her a hero. She's just as much a hero Diggle is (which I firmly believe is true) because she puts her life on the line for the city as well. If that's not what a hero is, then I don't know what is.

What I also love about the poster is Diggle. I love his pose because it makes him look calm and collected as he usually is in the show. He looks like he won't take any crap from anyone and looks just as strong as Felicity and Oliver.  

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 11

Not quite what I meant..I mean her on top, on a building is more of  a costume's position. 

She's certainly done some heroic things.

Ah, I see. I like it. Felicity's been put in the back and is incidentally the smallest figure, but it's balanced by her strong pose. Digg is in the middle, and his pose is reflective of his character, and obviously, Oliver is in the front, he's the largest figure, and rightfully so. Basically it just shows me that all three of them are on equal standing regardless of where they are in the poster (which was an issue with the actual poster). 

Also, I'd go as far as to say that it sort of reflects how Felicity usually stays off of the field (thus she's the furthest one away) and how John and Oliver are usually in the middle of a scuffle. But alas, I'm taking the analysis too far because I doubt the artist meant all of this :p 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I like the green one a lot - especially how Diggle's tie is inexplicably blowing in an invisible wind. hahahahaha

Seriously, though, it's a very eye catching poster - love all the different shades of green and the noble but totally in their own element members of Team Arrow. Nicely done!

• Love 1

Cool posters. I like the first one, too, even though Digg doesn't look like Digg (kinda looks like the Digg in the Arrow 2.5 comics, the geriatric version). I love the play on the different shades of green. wonderwall, do you know if the artist is on Tumblr?

Cool posters. I like the first one, too, even though Digg doesn't look like Digg (kinda looks like the Digg in the Arrow 2.5 comics, the geriatric version). I love the play on the different shades of green. wonderwall, do you know if the artist is on Tumblr?

I'm not sure. I found it on this site though and it came with a caption "Just done Arrow Poster" so it may be this person but I'm not sure: X

• Love 1

I love that Team Arrow Trio Poster...it's very cool, looks like it could be a really cool comic cover.  The coloring/shading is very reminiscent of Sorrintino's artwork in the GA Comics and the characters look a bit like some anime art you see.

• Love 1

I've been going through Ao3 looking for fanfiction and I have to say, it's really nice seeing a lot of you writing Arrow ff! Congrats on all of your talent guys! :) 

I guess this is a shoutout to apinknightmare, carrieann, Poetgirl925...

Is there anyone else I'm missing? Because I would love to read your stuff! 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Poetgirl925 is there too.   I've been reading through them and just found Blackout, and loved it (good Team adventure and Felicity is a great cyber goth), but it it stopped after three chapters, so if you're reading this, please finish it for Hallowe'en.

Poetgirl925 is there too.   I've been reading through them and just found Blackout, and loved it (good Team adventure and Felicity is a great cyber goth), but it it stopped after three chapters, so if you're reading this, please finish it for Hallowe'en.

I wrote a different name :/ I meant Poetgirl :p

I've been going through Ao3 looking for fanfiction and I have to say, it's really nice seeing a lot of you writing Arrow ff! Congrats on all of your talent guys! :) 

I guess this is a shoutout to apinknightmare, carrieann, Poetgirl925...

Is there anyone else I'm missing? Because I would love to read your stuff! 

Thank you! (CarrieAnn is my fave). :)

• Love 1

@apinknightmare, I specifically loved Between the Shadow and the Soul. You really are talented and you captured what I love most about Oliver and Felicity so well :) I hate you and your talent. But thanks for writing it :p 

• Love 2

Thank you! (CarrieAnn is my fave). :)

You're my fave and you know it. Mutual appreciation society! I loved seeing familiar names over there too.

Anyhoo, I'm just getting into reading other people's stuff so I'm like super slowly reading all these things that are like a year old or more and being like, Oh cool, everything I've ever considered has already been done. But I am not that interested in AU stuff so that actually leaves out a lot of the really popular works. Plus...if something's like over 50K I just can't bring myself to start yet.

• Love 2

@apinknightmare, I specifically loved Between the Shadow and the Soul. You really are talented and you captured what I love most about Oliver and Felicity so well :) I hate you and your talent. But thanks for writing it :p 

Aw, this is such a nice compliment, thank you! I enjoyed writing that story - it was a nice break from my day job!

You're my fave and you know it. Mutual appreciation society! I loved seeing familiar names over there too.

Anyhoo, I'm just getting into reading other people's stuff so I'm like super slowly reading all these things that are like a year old or more and being like, Oh cool, everything I've ever considered has already been done. But I am not that interested in AU stuff so that actually leaves out a lot of the really popular works. Plus...if something's like over 50K I just can't bring myself to start yet.

If a story's over 25K, I have difficulty committing, haha. I love that this fandom is full of one-shots and one-shot collections. And I like the short multi-chaps too.

I love that this fandom is full of one-shots and one-shot collections. And I like the short multi-chaps too.

This is actually a strange pet peeve of mine.  I've been checking the number of stories written for Arrow over the last year (started at 1.7 and is now at 3.5K)  and I know it should be higher on the list but because sooooo many put all their one shots in one post the number of stories actually is massively under represented since that's not what happened in other fandoms. 

Plus, if I'm looking for a specific kind of story, someone's generic multi-post one shot platform is something that I just keep skipping over.   I want people to market each individual story unless there is some kind of through story or concept to connect them. 

Like I said, a strange pet peeve. 

• Love 2

Plus, if I'm looking for a specific kind of story, someone's generic multi-post one shot platform is something that I just keep skipping over.   I want people to market each individual story unless there is some kind of through story or concept to connect them. 

Like I said, a strange pet peeve. 

UGH, I hate this trend too. Especially because AO3 allows you to create collections of individual stories so easily without resorting to this crazy idea.

I totally understand that people wanna collect all one-shots they posted on Tumblr at the same place, but making it a multi-chapter story makes me actually not see it in searches many many times, because it's categorized as a WIP until the person decides to start ANOTHER multi-chapter collection of stories -- and my default search is usually for complete works only, because I don't really read WIPs unless I know the author personally and they've told me it's finished. 

Yeah, the bookmarking and searching is a nightmare, but I just really like the one-shot/drabble trend because I can read a nice little story without having to worry about the author abandoning it halfway through. I mean, fanfic authors write for free and I get that life gets in the way, but I really hate getting hooked on something and never getting any resolution. I could just read completed stories only I guess, but I don't really have that kind of patience!

• Love 1

I have that pet peeve as well.  I keep hoping that AO3 or FF come up with a way to search within those, somehow, or can count the number of One-Shots in a collection.

I haven't forwarded that to anyone at either AO3 of FF, though - I wonder if enough people inquired about it, something could be done to make it a bit easier to search and account.

Hmmm. I know the sys-admin for AO3, I could probably get in touch with them. But the problem, I think, is a multi-chapter fic is not a collection, or a series, for the AO3 platform, so it's a matter of the authors not using it properly. Each one-shot should be posted as a separate fic and labeled as part of a series/collection.

I have no idea if this is happening in other fandoms as well? If it is, it might be that AO3 will have to change entry parameters for this kind of one-shot collection.

Edited by dancingnancy

Yeah, sorry about that. I actually have the last 2 chapters mostly finished, but then I got frustrated with the show in season 2B and quit watching for a while. And I might have been a little burned out on fanfiction in general because I took a break from writing before summer and just never got back to it. I'm not busy this week though, so I'll take a look and see if I can finish it up before Halloween. :)

• Love 6