Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Luckily, they confirmed it's fan made. Thank god. I would have lost all faith in the CW art department if this was official. As fanart, it's fine, but as an official poster, just no.

That would explain why Laurel is equivalent to Diggle, and Felicity is a teeny, tiny person, smaller than Malcolm or Thea, off in the far corner.

• Love 4

Yep. Actually I retract my previous statement. He doesn't mind Olicity, he just doesn't like its shippers and how people only seem to talk about Olicity... Which I didn't understand because the people who don't like them as much are welcome to talk about anything else... I've actually gotten into it with him a few times because of some of his comments towards the fandom... Oh well.

(PS. I'm JustGotLittUp there if anyone wants to know :))

• Love 4

On the Team Arrow thread, wonderwall has been comparing Team Arrow to Chuck.

Last fall, Girlwithsixsmiles took that idea and wrote a Felicity Versus series that puts Felicity into a Chuck-like world. She only did five of them, but I think they're worth reading.

I was following the Team Arrow thread too, and thanks for mentioning this story. I don't think I've ever read Arrow fanfiction but the idea of Oliver and Thea as goofy best buds like Chuck and Morgan tickles me half to death. It's why I love that season 1 scene where they were ragging on Moira for bragging about some affluent, accomplished guy they both hated. I might just have to check those stories out. :)

• Love 1

JayKay, that episode was one of the very few times Oliver and Thea were fun to watch playing together. I could have Carter Bowen too.

In the Felicity Versus fics, Felicity takes on the Chuck role so it's Felicity and Thea as best buds. Just wanted to warn you.  Oliver is a stone cold Sarah.

But the fic is still kind of fun.

• Love 1

JayKay, that episode was one of the very few times Oliver and Thea were fun to watch playing together. I could have Carter Bowen too.

In the Felicity Versus fics, Felicity takes on the Chuck role so it's Felicity and Thea as best buds. Just wanted to warn you. Oliver is a stone cold Sarah.

But the fic is still kind of fun.

Ohhh. Ironic A++ for me in reading comprehension. Still sounds worth reading though! Especially as a Chuck fan.

So the official FB page just posted this poster, and I nearly had a heart attack because I disliked it so much.  (I can barely tell who's who, for one thing.)

That is actually a fan site, not the official Arrow FB page. The official page is just Arrow and has the blue checkmark. I've gotten confused a few times as well in the past and eventually just liked the page :)

That is actually a fan site, not the official Arrow FB page. The official page is just Arrow and has the blue checkmark. I've gotten confused a few times as well in the past and eventually just liked the page :)

Thanks for pointing that out! I follow the official account on Twitter, so  I can't believe I didn't catch that before now.

Ohhhhhh! What power ballad do you suggest? 

Pls don't say Love Hurts lmao (although that would be so hilarious)

I personally found myself listening alot to both "Safety" by Anastasia & Dima Blian, and "Be My Only" by a duo called fm-radio, when i am in my Olicity mode.

I'll be the happiest shipper if someone will do a fanvid with those songs for them- i have no time to take the time to learn how to use my imovie to create fanvid, or i would have already done it myself. (just throwing it out there.. *idly whistling*)

the contortionist Laurel part of that fanmade poster makes my neck hurt.

I'm fine with giving props to fans who make stuff - and Photoshop is certainly no picnic to work with at times. 

I saw one Olicity video, months ago, that used the song "Demons" by Imagine Dragons and it didn't hit me until then just how appropriate the lyrics could be for them.

I like a lot of the musical choices to the many fan made videos.

One Chuck-esque one uses the 'Short Skirt, Long Jacket' song. Talk about a Chuck-Arrow mashup...

now it's stuck in my head...

http://youtu.be/6OBMj-2drEQ

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 2

Love Potion Number 9 : Control is everything to Oliver but when a mishap during a mission threatens Oliver's life & more importantly to him, his relationship with Felicity, he can feel that control slipping through his fingers. When keeping Felicity in his life & by his side becomes a matter of life or death for Oliver, just how far will he go to keep her?  (I don't think you need to read the prequel Secret Women Business.  I haven't and was able to jump into this fic without being confused)

Yep. Actually I retract my previous statement. He doesn't mind Olicity, he just doesn't like its shippers and how people only seem to talk about Olicity... Which I didn't understand because the people who don't like them as much are welcome to talk about anything else... I've actually gotten into it with him a few times because of some of his comments towards the fandom... Oh well.

(PS. I'm JustGotLittUp there if anyone wants to know :))

I've been following your conversations.  This explains a lot.

In the fanart, he could have done anything, his imagination is the limit so it's kind of a projective test.  He's put Laurel and Diggle right behind Oliver as the two next important cast members after Oliver, with Laurel as Oliver's right-hand person. It's not because Laurel is the Black Canary because Sara is there just behind Laurel.  It's like he took the s2 art and replaced Felicity with Laurel.  Malcolm and Thea are about the same size, rushing with Oliver, presumably fighting on the same side he is, which is doubtful that they do especially at the start of the season (more wish fulfillment?).  Felicity is the smallest figure there is except for something that looks like it's Brandon Routh watching from the sidelines, and she's the slowest and the farthest away from Oliver.  Roy doesn't appear at all.

I've read what he said at spoilertv but looking at the poster, I'd say he not only doesn't like Olicity, he doesn't like Felicity herself except possibly in a very  minor role. I don't think you're going to be able to convince him either of her role on the show or that Olicity can work.

Edited by statsgirl

She does a really good job of integrating Tommy into the storyline.  I wish he were still around.

I hope it explains a lot in a good way? :p 

Yes. :-D

ETA:  same writer, a different take on Tommy in the present.  Only read if you're okay with threesomes.

The Curse of Cuervo.

Edited by statsgirl

Maybe there was a reason why he wore facepaint for so long. Oliver Queen: Great with weapons, bad with masks. Halloween was a dreaded holiday for one young billionaire.

I still think it's hilarious that in order to avoid that problem Dig and Sara cut the middle part out of the mask. I guess makes sense being they are the ones that have been highly trained in espionage. 

saraanddiggle_zps8c32c681.jpg

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Hee!

You know, I'm ok with Felicity having trouble with her mask but I have to say it concerns me with Oliver just a little bit. 

I don't really see him having an issue..it just required two tugs and it's on, meanwhile none of Felicity's face is exposed and she's still tugging at it.

Those parallels are too cute! With the one with the masks, that was Oliver's first time donning one. I believe that's from The Odyssey? Or maybe the ep before that? The longer scene I think shows him battling with the hood a little bit more.

At the risk of igniting the "too much Olicity" discussion again, here's a promo from a Spanish station promoting arrow. Now, I believe this station cuts its own promo and has nothing to with CW/WB/DC (I could be totally wrong).

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Ha!  I was watching that promo going along thinking, this is good, very action, kind of recap of the whole back half of the season, really well balanced and then POW!  They sure were not going for subtlety. 

• Love 1

Those parallels are too cute! With the one with the masks, that was Oliver's first time donning one. I believe that's from The Odyssey? Or maybe the ep before that? The longer scene I think shows him battling with the hood a little bit more.

At the risk of igniting the "too much Olicity" discussion again, here's a promo from a Spanish station promoting arrow. Now, I believe this station cuts its own promo and has nothing to with CW/WB/DC (I could be totally wrong).

US Promo's are cut by the CW and are not connected to the EPs or WB.  International follows the same format, the International Channel will cut their own promo's.  

Ha!  I was watching that promo going along thinking, this is good, very action, kind of recap of the whole back half of the season, really well balanced and then POW!  They sure were not going for subtlety.

Action, Drama, Romance....LOL  That was actually a pretty good promo, they must really like Colton/Roy over there. :D

Edited by Morrigan2575

Ha!  I was watching that promo going along thinking, this is good, very action, kind of recap of the whole back half of the season, really well balanced and then POW!

It's Spain, land of love and bullfights.

It's a pretty good promo -- lots of action and characters (no Diggle or Thea though) and a mention of Ra's al Ghul but jeez Slade running the CGI sword through Moira looks so fake now that I see it with better light.

Edited by statsgirl

That promo from Spain for S3 is very cool with all the visual emphasis on action. But it's also, probably, one of the most hilarious promos I've seen for Arrow. Because, if my rusty Spanish is correct, that promo is pretty much telling viewers that whatever they may say they watch Arrow for, in public (the action, the fights, the sidekicks, the villains), what they're really excited for is what will happen with Olicity. Heh.

And, so that I'm not entirely off-topic, I finally caught up with the latest chapter of The Ways of the Universe and there is so much about this story that I wish had happened on the show. Particularly, Isabel Rochev's motivation on why she's so intent on destroying the Queens and her intricately-executed plan to takeover QC. :sigh: We could've had it all, show! But, instead, the Arrow writers just had to resort to the tired old trope of jilted, revengeful mistress and the half-baked mess of a make-the-Queens-poor plot of tanking QC shares or whatever that was.

• Love 1

I'm getting such Olicity feels from "Say you love me" by Jessie Ware. In my heart.

I just checked out the lyrics and that seems like the perfect song to play when Olicity call things off in 301, you know, before they've even begun. Le sigh.

• Love 2

Found this on another forum, apparently this is what they're saying in the Spanish channel promo

“You can say whatever you want in public…

That you want to see the Arrow´s new partner in action.

That Slade, the villain, will look like an altar boy compared to Ras Al Ghul.

Say that you love the epic battles and all that.

But… let´s be honest, what you are really excited for is to know what will happen with Olicity.

On October 15th.

Arrow returns to Calle 13”

This post doesn't really count as anything artistic, but I didn't know where else to put it. It's kind of a mildly mean post about KC/Lauriver, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud for about 5 minutes when I read it :p

X

Also this, I didn't notice the pained look on Oliver's face when Laurel hugged him, it's cool to compare his scene with Felicity where he seems softer and more regretful, and his scene with Laurel where he looks like he's in physical pain:

X