Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

Sara2009

Seems to me Lea's record label must have been ok with the response since they are backing a  second one. 

And  anyone  even a lesser singer  than Amber or Lea can get a hold of a song  that some how just clicks and become a hit.

Amber had the potential to get glee fans and maybe a wider audience if she move more R&B a audience not tapped really by glee.  Just like Chord would be a fit for country where he could get glee and maybe a wider audience with country.

I think it's also ( though not the only thing)a little of that Glee's decline proved to have a negative burden/ baggage cred for the performers as far as being perceived as horribly auto- tuned joke, well maybe not so much Amber, but still...

I joked they should put out the song under a different name  to see if  got different response.  The irrational hate of non glee fans and some glee fan towards some of the cast is sad really. 

Edited by pete

Oh I don't think it's necessarily all " hatred" as to why the Glee performers albums stalled, more that the dramatic implosion of Glee sales undercut whatever commercial appeal the performers were perceived to have in the recording industry.

In other words as went Glee , went the performers.

Add to that that even established artists are having a hard time getting their record deals renewed or albums released with overall declining record sales.

Edited by caracas1914

Oh I don't think it's necessarily all " hatred" as to why the Glee performers albums stalled, more that the dramatic implosion of Glee sales undercut whatever commercial appeal the performers were perceived to have in the recording industry.

In other words as went Glee , went the performers.

Add to that that even established artists are having a hard time getting their record deals renewed or albums released with overall declining record sales.

Didn't mean to imply that was the only or even the main reason they staled but it as you mentioned it could have been a factor as to green lighting an album.

I hate this, but I think if Amber was the size of Lea or Naya she would've had a record deal.

But she did have a record deal and I am not dismissing this as a very real possibility.  I think for sure if Amber was just trying to get a deal  as a complete unknown I would  tend to think this was the main reason.

But Amber is not a unknown so I have to think there are other reasons (too).  Could be as easy as creative differences, it could be part image too or something else entirely.

When they were first casting it they said it was something like a spiritual sequel to "Dazed and Confused"  (i.e. the same vibe but different characters end up going to college) and that is exactly what it looks like.  I can't wait because I love "Dazed and Confused."  

Also, if the trailer is any indication, Blake is clearly the lead. Since I always thought he was a talented actor I am so glad he has this opportunity to shine.

Edited by camussie

https://www.facebook.com/yellowfevermovie/info/?tab=page_info

"Yellow Fever is a witty coming of age comedy starring Jenna Ushkowitz (Glee) and Scott Patterson (Gilmore Girls) directed by Kat Moon

Starring: Jenna Ushkowitz (Glee), Scott Patterson (Gilmore Girls), Nahanni Johnstone, Michael Lowry (Powers), Matthew Miniero, Christiane Seidel (Boardwalk Empire)"

Edited by caracas1914

So at almost 1 year post Glee now I would say that cast are faring well so far. Almost everybody has found some success in Movies, TV, Theater, Music or Books, and in a lot of cases in multiple of these fields.

I am looking forward to see what next year brings.

I know it's been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I finally got on the "Hamilton" love train and OMG, I wish I'd paid more attention sooner!  I tried to look into getting tickets and they are sold out through October 2016!  Groff isn't in it for that much, but he's completely delightful as King George.   I'm obsessed, Lin Miranda wrote the whole thing (and started off as Hamilton) and he's a lyrical genius, so many little touches that just make it completely awesome, not the least the way King George's songs are composed as opposed to the rest of the songs - if you youtube it you can listen to the complete album before you buy it.   I apologize in advance for all of the feelings that you  might start to have about our founding fathers.

• Love 3

I saw it a few weeks back (bought my tickets in August) and it was amazing. Jonathan is terrific, of course, but the whole show is fantastic. Lin-Manuel truly earned that McCarthy genius award. It takes someone with immense talent, creativity, and intelligence to read that book (which I read years ago) and say this is the basis for a musical. And then to go and write that musical as brilliantly as he did

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

I saw it a few weeks back (bought my tickets in August) and it was amazing.  Jonathan is terrific, of course, but  the whole show is fantastic.  Lin-Manuel truly earned that McCarthy genius award.  It takes someone with an immense of talent and intelligence to read that book (which I read years ago) and say this is the basis for a musical.  and then to go and write that musical.

I was watching the  Kennedy Center Honors last night and Lin Manual was there for Rita Moreno and all I can think is this guy will  probably be honored here someday.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

I am looking forward to seeing him in that role, a hard ass Assistant U.S. Attorney. Sounds different to the roles he's played before.

An apperence on the good wife ( and law & order) is pretty much a requirement for any Broadway principle so it's about time!

Edited by Pink ranger

Sounds interesting. The next potential love interest for Alicia? I could see it if they want to go in that direction.

I feel like all new male characters eventually become love interests for Alicia. Ha ha

The trailer I saw looked good if you like the sort of brashness of Sue Sylvester but for the forces of good. I don't.

If I hadn't see her in Criminal Minds I would think Jane was a one trick pony. I wish someone would actually cast her in a meaty drama, she would kill it.

"Disney and Lucasfilm are inching closer to finding their young Han Solo for the upcoming untitled “Star Wars” spinoff.

Sources tell Variety that after seeing thousands of actors, execs have cut the list down to about a dozen actors with Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Jack Reynor, Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman, “Brooklyn” star Emory Cohen and “Everybody Wants Some” actor Blake Jenner among the names making the cut.

NDAs and test deals are still being worked out, but producer Kathleen Kennedy and directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller will begin testing the new group with a decision expected in the next couple of weeks.

The untitled pic is set to bow on May 25, 2018."

That guy must've made a deal with the devil...

You mean because he's hot, successful and has a hot, successful wife.

Talking of hot and successful. Harry's new show Shadowhunters premieres on Tuesday in the US and will be on Netflix in the rest of the world* on Wednesday.

*as long as your in a country with Netflix.

Despite how badly Ryder was written I always thought Blake was a talented actor.  He was good in the dyslexia scenes with Finn/Cory and he was the only decent part of the scenes where Ryder admitted he was molested by a babysitter.  Because of that I am glad to see his career is going well.  

You mean because he's hot, successful and has a hot, successful wife.

Well, I meant acting-wise. He's been getting quite a lot of attention lately--and now this role?! He would probably make a dashing Han Solo, though (whereas someone like Dave Franco might be edgier).

I wasn't a big fan of Ryder, but I AM a big fan of Blake's shoulders. It'll be interesting to see if he takes off or not. I'll be seeing Everybody Wants Some, as the thought of Tyler Hochelin in short-shorts and tube shocks excites me, so it'll be interesting to see how Blake does as a protagonist in a film.

Edited by methodwriter85

Let's hope the critics treat her better than they did Dianna.

or hope she actually does a good job  so they have no reason to be  critical.   Amber will work the songs no problem there hope she can carry the drama.

Congrats and good luck.

I like Dianna, but with her flat underpowered monotone voice it's hardly surprising she didn't transition spectacularly well to a live stage drama. She seems someone who is best suited on the screen with her exceptional beauty.

If there is one thing no one will question about Amber is her "live" singing voice. " The Wiz" anyone, plus the " Cotton Club" on BW.

Amber is set for a musical with grandiose emotional singing and a character which seems within her ball park. The "Dreamgirls" songs she sang on Glee; "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going", " I am Changing" and the dream sequence where Effie is having a meltdown she more than nailed the emotions of the songs.

• Love 1

https://www.nashvillesymphony.org/tickets#April_2017

Matthew will be performing with the Nashville Symphony orchestra April 6-8 2017.

Surprised that these things are arranged so early in advanced. My first though was that this means that he isn't planning to orginate another Broadway role during the 2016/17 season since these dates are near the Tony nomination eligibility cut off so shows are open by then.

Edited by Pink ranger
(edited)

If/when the right show comes along, I'm sure Matt will do it. But he shouldn't do a show JUST for the sake of being on Broadway.

He could still do readings and workshops during that season.

Edited by Sara2009
  • Love 1