Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

(edited)

She said:

"Honestly, I was never into going to gyms,” she told Elle. “I just don't like the culture."

She should have just said, "Honestly, I was never into going to gyms."  Period.  She'd sound a lot less dismissive than she does in her original statement. 

"I was never into being a Stay at Home Mom. I just don't like the culture."

"I was never into religion.  I just don't like the culture."

"I was never into May-December relationships. I just don't like the culture."

By adding the second part, she's telling me how much she dislikes a whole group of people, and the lifestyle they enjoy.  It also doesn't help that I find her rude and dismissive to begin with.

In addition, she strikes me as one of those people who love telling people how they eat like crap and never, ever, ever work out. Tee hee. "But look at my FABBBBulous ass."  Joke's on her.  Age and gravity have a way of catching up to even those people.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I wonder if when I say that being a Vegan doesn't appeal to me it is felt as a dig to all the Vegan's in the world?

No. Only if you said it the way she did, would some find it a dig. "I was never into eating vegan.  I just don't like the culture."  

She's got an opinion about gym culture.  And people who enjoy the gym might bristle at her words.  If you don't like the gym probably not so much.  I wouldn't be so offended if you said the above about vegans.  Because I'm not one. 

Now if you said, "I was never into participating on Real Housewives forums.  I just don't like the culture."

It's WAR.

• Love 8
(edited)

Ehhhhhhh. As a gym goer, I'm not all that offended.* I've had two gym memberships in my life, and this current one is the longest I've had (been a member since September 2011). I'm in the gym roughly three times a week (four if I'm being ambitious), and even as a gym goer, there are things about the culture I don't like. As I said earlier, I've been a member at my gym going on six years, and it wasn't until last year spring that I finally made my way over to the free weights area. All the muscle-y dudes and the peacock strutting culture that I thought was happening over had been a turn off and I was never shy about saying that. I also don't like the pressure that personal trainers are under to build clientele, thereby having them periodically ask me if I've ever thought about getting a personal trainer.

If someone is looking to be offended, then offense will be found, I suppose. My best friend calls me granola because I do try to eat well, I mix my own body oil at home with oils that I can actually cook with, I make my own shea butter for my hair, I see a midwife for my well woman despite having never been pregnant (and it works because said midwife is kinda granola as well...like, TMI:

Spoiler

she gives me a handheld mirror during the exam so that I can see my cervix), etc.

My best friend is like, "You too damn granola for me." It isn't anything that I need to become defensive about simply because she has a different view about things I like/do. 

*Last night at the gym, I actually incorporated the plie with something weighted workout that I saw on Carole's IG while commuting to work earlier in the morning: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTCqsj2lw5K/?hl=en

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

By adding the second part, she's telling me how much she dislikes a whole group of people, and the lifestyle they enjoy.  

Exactly, ryebread.

I can just imagine the squawking if a public personality (or Luann!) said "I was never into journalists. I just don't like the culture."

Edited by film noire
Still miss Media Whores Online
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

I wouldn't say rude or elitist, but what idiot doesn't know how to "switches my clothes"???  You put your gym clothes and shoes into a bag and carry it to the gym, simple! 

Her problem is that fucking zipper on the duffel bag.

She just can't figure out how to work it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

No. Only if you said it the way she did, would some find it a dig. "I was never into eating vegan.  I just don't like the culture."  

She's got an opinion about gym culture.  And people who enjoy the gym might bristle at her words.  If you don't like the gym probably not so much.  I wouldn't be so offended if you said the above about vegans.  Because I'm not one. 

Now if you said, "I was never into participating on Real Housewives forums.  I just don't like the culture."

It's WAR.

I would imagine that most people who frequent gyms are use to hearing from others that they don't like them or feel comfortable there. I find it impossible to believe that this would be shocking to most, or that they would feel somehow insulted by it. This is basically how gym memberships work. Get folks on a contract who would like to improve themselves and get into shape, all the while knowing that a high percentage of people won't actually show up on a regular basis because they don't actually like to come to the gym. 

• Love 3

There are entire marketing schemes based around the idea that they're for people who don't like gym culture. Planet Fitness, Curves, and lots of smaller "studios".  Hating gym culture is a big thing and a great way to try to differentiate your, yes, gym.

That said, I find it far more disturbing that the woman finds it so challenging to throw some clothes into a bag and change. 

• Love 6

By adding the second part, she's telling me how much she dislikes a whole group of people, and the lifestyle they enjoy

It sounds like she is talking about something in particular, not saying each and every aspect of the lives of people who go to the gym is something she doesn't care for. Unless all those poor people being offended have nothing going on their lives besides the gym...

If someone is looking to be offended, then offense will be found, I suppose

Exactly.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Otherkate said:

There are entire marketing schemes based around the idea that they're for people who don't like gym culture. Planet Fitness, Curves, and lots of smaller "studios".  Hating gym culture is a big thing and a great way to try to differentiate your, yes, gym.

http://ktla.com/2016/11/04/charges-filed-against-playboy-model-accused-of-secretly-recording-body-shaming-naked-woman-in-l-a-gym-shower/

I'm shocked that anyone might have an issue with gym culture.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I would imagine that most people who frequent gyms are use to hearing from others that they don't like them or feel comfortable there. I find it impossible to believe that this would be shocking to most, or that they would feel somehow insulted by it. This is basically how gym memberships work. Get folks on a contract who would like to improve themselves and get into shape, all the while knowing that a high percentage of people won't actually show up on a regular basis because they don't actually like to come to the gym. 

I work out at home with On Demand but I don't go to the gym b/c I am a fucking KLUTZ & I'd rather not make an ass of myself in front of the general public...believe you me, y'all would be much more offended if I showed up!!!

("if this bitch doesn't stop kicking me in the face while we're doing HAND WEIGHTS....")

• Love 4

I have a feeling Carole's gym may be like the gyms in my area. Everyone is in perfect shape, wears lulu lemon or even more ridiculously priced workout gear, gets a great natural organic grass smoothie does barre, yoga, spin etc.  I think Kelly Bensimon might be there too. That's a gym culture too you know. 

And she may have changed...gravity and time do take their toll on even the finest of asses. 

• Love 12

Is she running the NYC marathon?

How did she qualify?(rhetorical question)

the thing about gyms is that there is a gym for everybody. So her saying, that she does not like the gym culture demonstrates how uninformed she really is.

Of course, she goes to a chichi gym however that is where she belongs.

I would not expect her to go to LIving well ladies. (Dating myself here!)

Good for her for getting fit.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Is she running the NYC marathon?

How did she qualify?(rhetorical question)

the thing about gyms is that there is a gym for everybody. So her saying, that she does not like the gym culture demonstrates how uninformed she really is.

Of course, she goes to a chichi gym however that is where she belongs.

I would not expect her to go to LIving well ladies. (Dating myself here!)

Good for her for getting fit.

I don't know about now, but you used to not have to qualify for the NY marathon. If you register early enough, you can enter. I registered late yet won a spot in the lottery, but got pregnant and my doc nixed it. I don't know if the NY process has changed. Since I couldn't run a full, I did a half marathon in my area (my doc was okay with that since I'd been training) and several years later did the full marathon (not NY).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

I don't know about now, but you used to not have to qualify for the NY marathon. If you register early enough, you can enter. I registered late yet won a spot in the lottery, but got pregnant and my doc nixed it. I don't know if the NY process has changed. Since I couldn't run a full, I did a half marathon in my area (my doc was okay with that since I'd been training) and several years later did the full marathon (not NY).

There is a way to buy your way thru charity which I suspect might have been the way she got on.

In any case, I am not belittling her. The charity wins, she gets a chance to achieve an awesome feat.

Carole while insane is so New York, she cracks me up.

I do believe that she shifted her writing from novels to social media, not a bad way to make a living really...

It is like her life stopped when she lost Anthony, I feel for her.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, jinjer said:

I have a feeling Carole's gym may be like the gyms in my area. Everyone is in perfect shape, wears lulu lemon or even more ridiculously priced workout gear, gets a great natural organic grass smoothie does barre, yoga, spin etc.  I think Kelly Bensimon might be there too. That's a gym culture too you know. 

And she may have changed...gravity and time do take their toll on even the finest of asses. 

This.  

She didn't like the culture of ANY gym -  the musclehead ones, the Lululemon ladies ones,  the middle-aged mom suburban ones, the sweaty yoga wheat grass ones - and I think it was because she fancied herself as so much different, nay better, than anybody who had to belong to one of these forsaken places.  None of that groupthink for free thinking Carrie Bradshaw Carole.  Nuh-uh.

When Carole said she didn't like the culture, she was also all over the place saying she didn't even need to work out.  Or eat anything healthier than pizza. Because she had a god given ass and an off-the-hook metabolism, even though she was a carb junkie.  That's enough right there to make me hate her. LOL

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

This.  

She didn't like the culture of ANY gym -  the musclehead ones, the Lululemon ladies ones,  the middle-aged mom suburban ones, the sweaty yoga wheat grass ones - and I think it was because she fancied herself as so much different, nay better, than anybody who had to belong to one of these forsaken places.  None of that groupthink for free thinking Carrie Bradshaw Carole.  Nuh-uh.

When Carole said she didn't like the culture, she was also all over the place saying she didn't even need to work out.  Or eat anything healthier than pizza. Because she had a god given ass and an off-the-hook metabolism, even though she was a carb junkie.  That's enough right there to make me hate her. LOL

Agree. You have to shop around to different gyms and find one that fits your personality and fitness needs. Not all gyms are made the same. You couldn't pay me to go to Soul Cycle, for example.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ryebread said:

This.  

No shade from me about not liking those types of gyms because I don't like any of those gyms either. If left to my own devices, I'll end up joining the Y in a neighborhood that substantially resembles the neighborhood I grew up in--a fairly diverse neighborhood with a good mix of people of different races and ethnicities where older aunties were doing swim aerobics and going to their favorite Zumba class, but the younger guys were playing basketball and lifting weights. Just a place where more people than not feel comfortable going there on a regular basis.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

No shade from me about not liking those types of gyms because I don't like any of those gyms either. If left to my own devices, I'll end up joining the Y in a neighborhood that substantially resembles the neighborhood I grew up in--a fairly diverse neighborhood with a good mix of people of different races and ethnicities where older aunties were doing swim aerobics and going to their favorite Zumba class, but the younger guys were playing basketball and lifting weights. Just a place where more people than not feel comfortable going there on a regular basis.

The Y is great. Used to belong to one and frankly I met some of the coolest and most diverse people ever.

Plus I got my groove back there after I had a kid who also learned  how to swim there...

I now belong to a well known meat head gym and it truly is a different experience. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I guess Carole has a problem with Yolanda now. If Adam doesn't care I don't know why Carole has to make a big deal about it. But mommies always feel very protective of their baby boys. 

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/05/07/carole-radziwill-calls-out-yolanda-hadid-for-stealing-her-boyfriends-photo/

Sometimes when people love someone they feel protective. And not just about their baby boys. Or maybe she is on LVP's side. 

• Love 2

A bunch of posts were hidden because they veered into personal political beliefs. Please remember the no politics rule here. Thanks. 

• Love 4

Yes, it would have been nice of Yolanda to give Adam credit for the pic. Maybe Adam doesn't care that Yolanda posted the picture and that's why he didn't comment, maybe he was flattered and liked the attention and Carole got jealous.   Or he did care but for whatever reason was too afraid to speak up and had Carole do his dirty work for him.  Either way IMO it makes Carole look like a mommy defending her baby boy and not letting him fight his own battles. If he had a problem then he should speak up and if he didn't have a problem then Carole should shut up.

What does she need to be concerned about? That he likes the attention? It just looks weird that a 30 something yo man would need a 50 something yo to stick up for him. It makes him look like a wimp and her look petty and jealous. He's probably too busy playing with radishes to care and she has nothing else to do except look for problems.

What does she need to be concerned about? That he likes the attention? It just looks weird that a 30 something yo man would need a 50 something yo to stick up for him.

I'm wondering if she took over because it was a Housewife?  That's all I can figure.  It's not like Adam doesn't do social media.

21 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I'm wondering if she took over because it was a Housewife?  That's all I can figure.  It's not like Adam doesn't do social media.

This seems likely. How often do the men attached to these HWs get admonished for inserting themselves into HW drama; that they're looking for their own [insert specific city item the HWs hold in their hands]? For all we know, he said something to Carole about Yolanda swiping and not bothering to repost, and Carole decided to call out Yolanda on his behalf.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

I believe Yolanda and Carole are friends outside the show, wasn't Yolanda in a crossover episode and Carole talked about being friends with Yolanda and David prior to HW's?  Perhaps she mentioned it because it's her friend with Yolanda and her boyfriend, she's the middle man, so it seem appropriate to me.  (no matter how old everyone involved may be...)

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I don't get what the their ages have to with it, or why it makes him look like a wimp. Or why there is the impression that he "needs" her to stick up for him. Isn't that what people sometimes do when they're in a relationship? Would it have been less emasculating had they been closer in age? Then again, I'm not sure why a woman sticking up for her boyfriend is emasculating to begin with.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, shoegal said:

I believe Yolanda and Carole are friends outside the show, wasn't Yolanda in a crossover episode and Carole talked about being friends with Yolanda and David prior to HW's?  Perhaps she mentioned it because it's her friend with Yolanda and her boyfriend, she's the middle man, so it seem appropriate to me.  (no matter how old everyone involved may be...)

Yes, they were "friends" before the show but wouldn't that mean Carole would DM Yolanda about the photo instead of doing it publicly?

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, they were "friends" before the show but wouldn't that mean Carole would DM Yolanda about the photo instead of doing it publicly?

Not necessarily, maybe she was irritated with Yolanda, maybe Yolanda has done this before, or maybe she tried sending her a DM and Yolanda didn't respond.  The possibilities are endless...

• Love 2

Carol was on Andy's WWHL last night.  5 seconds in to the program Andy said that the number one question was 'What's the story on the couch (not sofa, interesting).

She has sent it out to be recovered.  Not in the original expensive fabric.  It was Lee Radziwells. 

Her mom was at the bar and was looking quite smashing.  She cleans up nice.  I'm guessing glam squad because the make up was on point and her hair was nicely fluffed.  And she is still the best thing on RHONY this season.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:55 PM, BBHN said:

Isn't proper social media etiquette to give credit where it's due?

Sure, but how would Yolanda have known he took the photo? 

I'm thinking Adam has himself a new place now. While responding to a post in the episode thread, I was inspired to check out his Instagran stories. The background in the videos is definitely not Carole's place. 

IMG_5586.PNG

IMG_5588.PNG

But isn't the photo of the flower (that Yolanda posted without crediting Adam) pretty unexceptional?

I think someone posted something in the episode thread about whether or not Carole reacted to John F. Kennedy, Jr.'s wife's infidelity the way she's reacting to Tom's cheating, or something in reference to JFK Jr.'s wife stepping out. I googled it because I must have been living under a rock. I had no idea Carolyn Bessette was such a high maintenance person. Does Carole mention her in What Remains? Carole became good friends with Carolyn because Anthony and John were very close, right? No wonder Carole doesn't mind Beth. CB sounded really awful. 

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

But isn't the photo of the flower (that Yolanda posted without crediting Adam) pretty unexceptional?

I think someone posted something in the episode thread about whether or not Carole reacted to John F. Kennedy, Jr.'s wife's infidelity the way she's reacting to Tom's cheating, or something in reference to JFK Jr.'s wife stepping out. I googled it because I must have been living under a rock. I had no idea Carolyn Bessette was such a high maintenance person. Does Carole mention her in What Remains? Carole became good friends with Carolyn because Anthony and John were very close, right? No wonder Carole doesn't mind Beth. CB sounded really awful. 

Carole talks a lot about CB (their friendship) in her book (WR) but never discusses any of CB's bad behavior/dark side.

• Love 1

The source was probably Carole's publicist... and that outfit looks like something my 81 year old mother would wear. But I still offer kadooz for picking a beautiful setting for a vacay. I think the NY ladies know how to travel better than the other franchises.

I'm probably the one who brought CBK. Carole's selective anger/indignation at various scenarios just grates my nerves. Lu/Tom vs JFK Jr/CBK, or even Jason vs CBK, Ramona's politics vs Susan Sarandon's, Beth ripping everyone to shreds vs Ramona saying boo. She's basically the lap dog for whoever her most popular friend is. Although its possible she really wasn't that close to the gal and just needed filler to sell the book. Its a favorite source for the enquirer and similar publications to churn out JFK Jr on drugs or not welcome in Jackie's beach house type stories. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, robroy said:

The source was probably Carole's publicist... and that outfit looks like something my 81 year old mother would wear. But I still offer kadooz for picking a beautiful setting for a vacay. I think the NY ladies know how to travel better than the other franchises.

I'm probably the one who brought CBK. Carole's selective anger/indignation at various scenarios just grates my nerves. Lu/Tom vs JFK Jr/CBK, or even Jason vs CBK, Ramona's politics vs Susan Sarandon's, Beth ripping everyone to shreds vs Ramona saying boo. She's basically the lap dog for whoever her most popular friend is. Although its possible she really wasn't that close to the gal and just needed filler to sell the book. Its a favorite source for the enquirer and similar publications to churn out JFK Jr on drugs or not welcome in Jackie's beach house type stories. 

Oh, well the National Enquirer and similar publications. I had no idea we were talking about such credible news outlets. Clearly, enough said. I am sure they should be believed over others. I mean, CBK's parents were probably in on the game when they asked Carole to read a poem at her funeral. They were probably hoping that some day Carole would write a book where she talked lovingly about their daughter considering the things that the well respected National Enquirer would no doubt uncover. Probably grifters and fakers the whole lot of them, plotting even as they prepared to bury their daughter. 

Of all the conspiracy theories and ponderings, nothing is more interesting to me than the narrative that has existed over here for years that perhaps CBK and Carole weren't really friends. That it was all just a made up pile of BS that Carole used to sell some books. There were pages dedicated to folks trying to find pictures of them together, or not find pictures of them together, to prove their point. You have to really, really dislike a person to want to tear away a relationship that was clearly so incredibly important to someone. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

I mean, CBK's parents were probably in on the game when they asked Carole to read a poem at her funeral. They were probably hoping that some day Carole would write a book where she talked lovingly about their daughter considering the things that the well respected National Enquirer would no doubt uncover. Probably grifters and fakers the whole lot of them, plotting even as they prepared to bury their daughter. 

Carole was CBK's puppet too, otherwise, she would have called CBK out for being an adulterous slut-bag at her own funeral.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, robroy said:

Aren't most friendships like this? Because someone is your friend, you tend to give more leeway and the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their flaws. Does that really make someone a lapdog if they aren't blasting their friend's flaws all over the place (to satisfy whatever or whomever)?

If Carole shat all over CBK or Bethenny or Heather--or picked at every thing they did--would that be indicative of what a great friend Carole is? That would seem to me more a Ramona-Sonja friendship as it stands now where Ramona has seen which way the wind blows re: Sonja and has decided she's going to join in on rolling her eyes at Sonja. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess she's still footing the bills. There is no chance in hell that if she'd been the housekeeper instead of a millionaire guest with connections to help his career they'd be together.

33 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

I'd never heard of CBK cheating. What's the source on that?

I'd heard she'd been hooking up with her previous boyfriend from Baywatch (I think David Charvet) for awhile before her death

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I guess she's still footing the bills. There is no chance in hell that if she'd been the housekeeper instead of a millionaire guest with connections to help his career they'd be together.

I'd heard she'd been hooking up with her previous boyfriend from Baywatch (I think David Charvet) for awhile before her death

I think it was Michael Bergin from Baywatch. He looks a lot like John.  

One article I read said that CBK could be very cruel to John, and even called John a f%g.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
(edited)

Ok, yeah, you're right, that was probably him. And I had heard about the name calling and I heard she was big into coke as well. 

I still haven;t seen any pictures of the two supposed besties together though

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 1