Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

One of our friends upthread posted a question that went something like this: What if Yolanda were really ill and could change public opinion about herself?  I wanted to comment.  It's an interesting premise to think that Yolanda could change the opinions of that many people.  I don't think she could ever do it.

Let us say that Yolanda were able to prove without a doubt that she's suffered from Lyme for all these years.  If she found out just before announcing it, I would ask why she has declared it to be Lyme when she didn't know for sure, and why has she sworn that she and her daughters were all suffering from Lyme when there was no firm diagnosis.  If, on the other hand, Yolanda knew for some time before announcing it, I would ask why she kept it to herself, pretending to be searching for "answers" and "hope" for so long.  Either way, I would accuse her of manipulation of the worst kind, all for the sake of attention.

I would love to be able to tap into my old days as a newspaper reporter and editor and interview one person: David Foster.  David knows far more than anyone what's going on with Yolanda and what's been going on with her for years.  I think that part of his silence is a gentleman's silence and the rest is because he wants to avoid all of the lies she's been telling.  And there is one other reason.  David went on the show with Yolanda and pretended that everything was lovey-dovey when, in reality, they had decided during their second year of marriage that the marriage was over. For whatever reason, he deceived people, and I doubt that he would be believed no matter what he said.  Therefore, Yolanda's ability to turn the entire population around seems nil to me.  I firmly believe that (IMHO) there will always be people who doubt Yolanda and all of her stories.  She has preoccupied too many minds with her pitiful hocus-pocus, and she's doomed for life to live with her statements and proclamations, true or not true.  Anyone who casts that many shadows doesn't walk out from under them too easily.

I don't think anyone questioned her being sick until she made a big deal out of it and started making contradictory statements and of course now the no make up thing for sympathy.  Had she simply said she was no feeling well and her Lyme Disease causes her to have periods of bed rest.  Instead it was about brain fog in the midst of a discussion.  She caused people to have doubts. 

My thing in the past four years she has been hospitalized once-for "side effects" for treatment but managed to swan on to WWHL and fill in for an absent Kim Richards and once for explanting.  One would think if she was having all these horrific days she would be in the hospital, not lounging around in third world clinics with an IV full of herbs. 

• Love 8

One of the posters in the Facebook link posted that Yoyo was getting exactly the reaction that she wanted.

Yoyo in essence might be using the old adage even bad publicity is still publicity.

Perhaps, she is taking a page out of the managing style of the polarizing and wildly successful PMK.

I heard on the radio that Americans knew the name of all the k. but could not named 7 politicians....

Anyways, as a jaded individual, I will always side eye her but some more giving, generous individuals might want to believe her bologna.

The links that NC social worker posted were eye opening..

Thanks a million.

Both are assholes, IMO.

• Love 3

Does it really matter if she is sick or not? She is still an asshole regardless. Since her first season she has been a bitch, sometimes more covert than others but ultimately a condescending woman who changes her opinion to suit her own needs. She is now just using a disease to be more openly patronizing under the guise of Lyme brain.

I am so glad that the public is speaking out on Facebook. Just this week on Amy Phillips'(bravo impressions gal) sirius show on "radio Andy", someone called in to say how they felt it was unfair since yo is sick, Amy and her guests all agreed and were sympathetic still with yo. Sooner Bravo understands we are not all drinking the Lyme flavored kool aid the better.

• Love 11

Does it really matter if she is sick or not? She is still an asshole regardless. Since her first season she has been a bitch, sometimes more covert than others but ultimately a condescending woman who changes her opinion to suit her own needs. She is now just using a disease to be more openly patronizing under the guise of Lyme brain.

I am so glad that the public is speaking out on Facebook. Just this week on Amy Phillips'(bravo impressions gal) sirius show on "radio Andy", someone called in to say how they felt it was unfair since yo is sick, Amy and her guests all agreed and were sympathetic still with yo. Sooner Bravo understands we are not all drinking the Lyme flavored kool aid the better.

IMO, NO ONE (press/tabloids/actors/radio personal) wants to call her out on her BS stories/lies, no one, for fear of the backlash that will follow.

• Love 6

Did not know David and Phil were friends. Excellent. I wonder if Dr Phil helped him understand what was going on with Yo to confirm that his plan to divorce was a good one. And not a cad for leaving a desperately ill wife.

Full disclosure. I am sure David Foster is an a**hole of the highest denomination, but in hindsight I cant help feeling the ever so slightest bit of reservation when he said I didn't sign up for this. Maybe this is the reason Mo had (pun intended) no problem passing the buck on to chuck. Heck, how many men u know have no problem passing along a former intimate partner like a bong at a frat party? I think that move itself spoke volumes about each "charcter" involved, the only different being this is real life not a soap opera.Smh.

Edited by SparkleznConfetti
  • Love 6

IMO, NO ONE (press/tabloids/actors/radio personal) wants to call her out on her BS stories/lies, no one, for fear of the backlash that will follow.

At least TrashTalkTV, TamarraTattles, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, many comments on Disqus (sp?) and many of us here have called her out and exposed some of her lies.

Yolanda is not psychotic.

but she MAY have somatic delusions (delusions maybe a characteristic of psychosis but I don't think she has psychosis)

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 7

At least TrashTalkTV, TamarraTattles, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, many comments on Disqus (sp?) and many of us here have called her out and exposed some of her lies.

but she MAY have somatic delusions (delusions maybe a characteristic of psychosis but I don't think she has psychosis)

I think Yolanda's greed prove maybe you cant have it all or at least not at the same time.Ymmv.

• Love 4

I wish E would do to her what they did to Brooks but they never will because she is a woman and the mom of 2 successful models. AND she knows it! JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

I may be in the minority, but I'm not having any trouble figuring Yolanda out.  My impression of her from the very beginning, the pre-Lyme days, was exactly the same as it is now.  She thinks she's superior to everyone, she's a manipulator, she's more concerned with image than reality, and her goal is to become famous.  As each season has unfolded, that's become increasingly apparent to me.  The only thing that's changed, IMO, is that initially I thought she had some degree of intelligence, and now I really think she's just not bright at all.

This. So much. I feel like the majority of mass media and even people on this board have been pussyfooting around this for way too long. I am here, myself, because I finally found a place that I felt was being honest. She's an asshole and she only cares about herself. I completely understand when people are hesitant to say that they believe that her entire disease story is fake. I may end up on the wrong side of history. I'll take that. For now, though, I believe in science and she is not working with scientists.. Her story has changed so many times that I can't decipher what her claims are anymore. I think she's lying and I think she's faking her symptoms. She's already been busted it on so many lies regarding her timeline of events. The entire story about her children is crazy. If it were true, wouldn't there be actual scientific investigation going on regarding this anomaly? By the CDC? 

• Love 15

Gigi is very fortunate to have taken off-but is it now more about the model than the product?  She is young but man she has zip going for her in the way of a personality.  I mean of interest-not that she has a bad personality.  Like Kendall Jenner. 

I thought the same thing last year when I watched Gigi's appearance as a guest on some TV talk show - I forget now which one.  She giggled a lot in response to questions and showed her extremely limited vocabulary and conversational skills.  The whole thing was extremely disappointing.  She seems like she'd be intelligent enough for college, but I guess looking pretty and photographing well is all this girl needs to accomplish -- besides tracking down a super-mega-wealthy husband, of course.  Plenty of time left for her to slowly-but-surely become as insecure and annoying as her mother.

• Love 7

I thought Gigi had a pretty great personality and seemed rather smart, based on her appearances on RHOBH.  Talk shows aren't everyone's forte. 

I also think Yolanda's problems stem from some sort of mental/ emotional illness, not something physical.  That said, it kind of troubles me how much everyone criticizes her.  It seems rather merciless.  She's messed up, yes, it's pretty lame how her insecurity plays as superiority, she's a sad and lonely woman.  But after we've identified that she's messed up, why do we love to keep picking at her and hating on her?  You know, who isn't a little messed up, after all?  Why do we get off on picking her apart?  Seems like a weird kind of emotional blood sport.   Which I partly get, have definitely participated in, but now I'm questioning it.  

It has seemed to me that Gigi broke the door down into the modeling business, and Bella walked right in behind her.  It's almost like Gigi was the trail blazer and Bella the follower.  I'm glad, though, that however it happened, they both got their chance to succeed.  I think Bella is pretty, but Gigi's looks are more interesting to me.

• Love 2

I thought Gigi had a pretty great personality and seemed rather smart, based on her appearances on RHOBH.  Talk shows aren't everyone's forte. 

I also think Yolanda's problems stem from some sort of mental/ emotional illness, not something physical.  That said, it kind of troubles me how much everyone criticizes her.  It seems rather merciless.  She's messed up, yes, it's pretty lame how her insecurity plays as superiority, she's a sad and lonely woman.  But after we've identified that she's messed up, why do we love to keep picking at her and hating on her?  You know, who isn't a little messed up, after all?  Why do we get off on picking her apart?  Seems like a weird kind of emotional blood sport.   Which I partly get, have definitely participated in, but now I'm questioning it.  

Personally, my biggest problem with her is that she's spreading false information, potentially harming people. I want her to knock that off. I want her to be called out on it so gullible people aren't swindled and the swindlers stop making money off of the deception.

• Love 15

Why does Yo always look dirty? Is she going for a feverish look?

Maybe she is fending off soap like she is makeup and hair dye.

Was it Yo's first season that she had the dinner party from hell? She had the placecards for her "Dream Team" and the rest had to fend for themselves. And when people started to sing along with David, he turned into the devil, with Yo as his Devil Mistress.

• Love 8

Maybe she is fending off soap like she is makeup and hair dye.

Was it Yo's first season that she had the dinner party from hell? She had the placecards for her "Dream Team" and the rest had to fend for themselves. And when people started to sing along with David, he turned into the devil, with Yo as his Devil Mistress.

The placecards were Season 4.  The no sing along, sing along was Season 3.

• Love 4

I bet Yo uses emotional blackmail on her children. Saying things like " Mommy broke her back giving birth to you" "I chased away a burglar while naked and breastfeeding you" "I worked so hard modeling so you could become a model"

Edited by Dblue705
  • Love 12

Yolanda knows all the popular buzz words for Lyme and she uses them regularly.  She could  have easily gotten them from the internet.   I don't know if she has it or not.  IMHO  I think she would feel a lot better if she actually ate a proper diet instead of taking all those pills on a daily basis.  If she takes them then she doesn't have to actually eat and heavens forbid gain any weight.   (chew that almond slowly)

From experience, your friends reach a point where they are concerned, show their concern, and the chronic sufferer will either ask for more than others are capable of giving, or you will buckle up and realize your friends also have needs.  Stop whining and celebrate the good days.  

I am beyond caring about her.  She points fingers at everyone yet fails to note that she does the same thing.  Do as I say not as I do.  She is not the sort of person I would want to associate with especially if she drags the drunks and EJ with her.  I firmly believe the only reason she is on this show is because Andy and the producers know she will spill the beans if they let her go.  Hopefully the powers that be will soon realize she is more of a liability to keep than to let go.

Edited by Blondie
  • Love 8

'Did' Yo have Lyme?  I don't know at this point but in the past I've given her the benefit of the doubt.  At this point, I would like it if Yo posted her Lyme titer results.  After all, she had no problem posting her heavy metal results.... even though she actually posted that she thought mercury was only in thermometers.  And how dumb is that?

Bottom line...nothing about Yo's illnesses make any logical sense.... 

• Love 9

'Did' Yo have Lyme?  I don't know at this point but in the past I've given her the benefit of the doubt.  At this point, I would like it if Yo posted her Lyme titer results.  After all, she had no problem posting her heavy metal results.... even though she actually posted that she thought mercury was only in thermometers.  And how dumb is that?

Bottom line...nothing about Yo's illnesses make any logical sense.... 

With the name of the Lab clearly stated on the lab results. I want to see if the lab is "in house" or a standard/accredited medical lab. Oh, and the TYPE of test done to determine LD......I know, I am asking for a lot but at this point, I am suspicious of her claims.

• Love 7

Personally, my biggest problem with her is that she's spreading false information, potentially harming people. I want her to knock that off. I want her to be called out on it so gullible people aren't swindled and the swindlers stop making money off of the deception.

Exactly.  She is very well aware of what she's doing, and yet she continues to do it.  Because it's all about her, and the impact it has on other people is meaningless to her.  While pretending to be some kind of tireless advocate, she actually hasn't shared even one bit of basic useful information, and instead is a danger to people who believe and trust her.

Being the face of LD or anything else is a huge responsibility.  She has no business speaking publicly about it at all.

• Love 16

With the name of the Lab clearly stated on the lab results. I want to see if the lab is "in house" or a standard/accredited medical lab. Oh, and the TYPE of test done to determine LD......I know, I am asking for a lot but at this point, I am suspicious of her claims.

The problem with Lyme disease blood tests is that they aren't that accurate, so negative results don't necessarily rule out a Lyme diagnosis, and for a disease as rare in California as Lyme, the actual true positive results are likely outnumbered by false positives for patients with similar symptoms, and that's for a test that's only gives false positives at a rate of 2%. If you tested 1,000,000 Californians for Lyme, statistically you'd get 1 real positive result, and about 20,000 false positives.
  • Love 6

Gigi seems like a nice girl, but I never got the impression that she had a great personality or that she's particularly bright. I can't think of one thing she's ever said that wasn't pretty shallow. But we really haven't seen her say or do very much.

As for Yolanda, I have no problem criticizing her because I don't think her problem is a mental health disorder that's out of her control. I think she's a manipulative woman who is deliberately being deceitful. Even before this whole LD nonsense, she was never a nice person. Quite mean, in fact. Very self-involved, entitled, and judgmental. I don't know if she's sad and lonely or not, but I tend to think that it's her own fault if she is. Maybe she would have friends if she WAS a friend. All we've ever seen her do re friendship is demand constant displays of loyalty and proof that people are truly her friends, and very often we see that they have not lived up to her expectations (for stupid, petty reasons). She certainly seems to put no effort into being a friend to anyone else. Screw them, it's all about her. From the very beginning, she's always wanted to be constantly admired. That's clearly what she expects, and she's done everything she could to keep herself front & center. People who put themselves up on pedestals tend to not have a lot of friends. It's pretty lonely up there, but that's where she wants to be. So it's her choice.

I worked in the mental health field for many years, and I am more than sympathetic to people with any kind of mental illness. I have a disorder myself, and I have several family members with other issues, and I think that mental health is a huge issue in this country because it's still not taken seriously by many and because there's still a great stigma attached to it. But I really do think that the large majority of what we're seeing with Yolanda is deliberate. She wants the fame and the adoration that she believes she deserves, and she'll do pretty much anything to get it. Including lying, exaggerating, and misrepresenting. We've seen that time and time again.

I can just speak for myself, but I certainly don't "get off" on picking her apart. I just express my opinions, and I feel strongly about this one. As I posted upthread, my opinion about Yolanda has always been the same, long before she ever talked about LD, and other than being more long-suffering now, I don't think she's changed that much. She's very fake in lots of ways and she's been caught in lie after lie, but her sense of superiority is so extreme that she still thinks she can outsmart everyone else. I had a bit of sympathy for her when she first said she was ill - because even mean bitches deserve get well wishes and I wouldn't wish illness of any kind on anyone. But all of that sympathy is gone because I'm completely done with her sense of entitlement and I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth (and with good reason, IMO). I don't wish anything bad for her. I just really, really want her to go away. Now that would be something I could really "get off" on!

Gigi is a twenty years old girl.

What are people expecting from her????

And furthermore, what were those who were girls themselves were saying and doing at her age?????

Come on now, not everyone is Mensa material nor is everyone an accomplished speaker at that time of their lives.

Public speaking is a learned skill that many never manage to master.

She is great at what she does, which is modeling, IMO.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 10

Bravo!!!! ITA and the Academy Award for I couldnt have said it better myself goes to DM4. Once again, I originally was one of Yolanda's biggest fans when she first made her appearance. What pisses me off about Yolanda is how she inadvertently dissmisses those who are genuinely suffering through her behavior solely through the use of social media itself.This upgraded corner wench frolicks and galavants around the world with nary a care in the world including her credibility. Yolanda fucks it up for someone like my self who has to work 2 jobs and is the sole caretaker an ailing elderly parent.All the while as SSD wants to know how can I do all of this I claim to be sick? Cuz for as long as ya'll continue to deny my claims, i aint got no choice,Bitch.Thats why.Smh just cuz its not fair.

• Love 12

Speaking of the dinner party where David played, that is one of my top, all-time favorite scenes.  I keep thinking that Taylor Armstrong did something that totally cracked me up, but I don't remember what it was.  Was she just sloshed out of her gourd, or was there more to it?  Thanks!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

Gigi is a twenty years old girl.

What are people expecting from her????

And furthermore, what were those who were girls themselves were saying and doing at her age?????

Come on now, not everyone is Mensa material nor is everyone an accomplished speaker at that time of their lives.

Public speaking is a learned skill that many never manage to master.

She is great at what she does, which is modeling, IMO.

Jennifer Lawrence was 21 when she won an Oscar for Best Actress.  I don't think it is about age.  Granted she did not have the walk down as well as Gigi.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE3MQOH8cv4  I really wish people would stop posting on Bella's site she looks just like Jennifer Lawrence.  She just doesn't.

Any sighting of Gigi being intelligent was lost when she was excited to be around Brandi at the Season 4 dinner with the Fosters.

• Love 6

Speaking of the dinner party where David played, that is one of my top, all-time favorite scenes.  I keep thinking that Taylor Armstrong did something that totally cracked me up, but I don't remember what it was.  Was she just sloshed out of her gourd, or was there more to it?  Thanks!

David and Chris kept playing funeral music shortly after Russell's suicide .  Dr. Paul explained the situation and David and Yolanda kicked the whole crew out to the tune of "When The Saints Come Marching In, more funeral music.  I am telling you the most unaware people in the world.  Also Taylor was BFFs with David's third wife, Linda Thompson, and David blew her off as if he had never met her.  Here is the clip:   http://www.hulu.com/watch/424017

Running in contention for "nothing more ugly than a drunk woman," would be really bad extensions.

• Love 9

Jennifer Lawrence was 21 when she won an Oscar for Best Actress.  I don't think it is about age.  Granted she did not have the walk down as well as Gigi.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE3MQOH8cv4  I really wish people would stop posting on Bella's site she looks just like Jennifer Lawrence.  She just doesn't.

Any sighting of Gigi being intelligent was lost when she was excited to be around Brandi at the Season 4 dinner with the Fosters.

J-Law is a decent actress. Nothing more, nothing less.... Lol

And of course, the two of them are conventionally good looking women.

• Love 2

Growing up, I'd watch my mom scurry about the kitchen trying to get all the family fed and after everyone ate, she would sit down for a bowl/plate of whatever she had fixed up. At first, I thought it was because of the size of her kitchen - but then I realized that mom wouldn't sit down to eat until we were all 'taken care of'..IT was at that point I realized what it is 'mom's do' - they take care of their kids BEFORE they care for themselves?

Following that basic premise, yoyo is a FN fraud. Seriously? You'd figure that she'd care MORE ABOUT HER KIDS and finding a cure for them BEFORE she'd be walking the planet looking for a cure for herself? Just an observation..

• Love 10

I also think Yolanda's problems stem from some sort of mental/ emotional illness, not something physical.  That said, it kind of troubles me how much everyone criticizes her.  It seems rather merciless.  She's messed up, yes, it's pretty lame how her insecurity plays as superiority, she's a sad and onely woman.  But after we've identified that she's messed up, why do we love to keep picking at her and hating on her?  You know, who isn't a little messed up, after all?  Why do we get off on picking her apart?  Seems like a weird kind of emotional blood sport.   Which I partly get, have definitely participated in, but now I'm questioning it.  

Co-Sign!!

I always find it interesting how quick and easy it seems to be to get so vicious with the ones that, at the very least, have understandable reasons for what we see:

Kim: Battling addiction. Obvious behavior issues will stem from it
Yolanda: Health Issues, Marriage issues, Life changing events. Definite drama
Brandi: Bitter divorce, cheated on, single mom two children, financial issues. Definitely gonna have a bite to her.

To name a couple of examples for my point.

I mean I don’t excuse a bulk of the nasty behavior but when there’s is obvious emotional distress and multiple life altering issues circling some of the women I can at least understand why lashing out or bad decisions happens within the course of filming and why they find themselves falling out of favor with the others but I’m never interested in the complete visceral attacks that end up happening season after season. It not only the “offending” parties that engage in the ugly behavior and yet it’s the one’s that, who I think,  already have exacerbating situations existing in their lives that are crucified way more than the ones that don’t really have anything too critical affecting their ability to maneuver through a season.  Not that the other women “don’t” have problems in their lives. We all do but today my biggest immediate problem is getting back into a size 8 before summer while a friend of mine who has two children won’t have a place to live come May. Under these conditions I’m not really going to expect her agitation level over her life’s plight to be as manageable as my life’s plight at the moment. I would expect missteps. Now, if for some reason we were to get into it about whatever I’d be more inclined to just ease off and let it be.  If that makes any sense? I know that this is reality TV and all that but some of the tactics they use to steam forward with a storyline, no  holds barred approach, and from the women who “don’t really have anything keeping them up at night” Leaves me quite cold.

So you see it’s always quite intriguing to see the expectations of behavior they have of each other and the leverage some of them get depending on this circumstance or that circumstance and what conversation is in question while dissecting word for word how certain things went down. It’s like, what gets factored into the perceptions they have of each others behaviors, to me, hardly represent a completely rounded assessment about who they are, what they are battling in that moment , why and who the negative contributors are in the whole scheme of things.  Sometimes, even if things don’t balance out quite right, letting things go or not exacerbating them by way of allowing some grievances to fall to the way side unmentioned would make sense just for the sake of not kicking someone when their down. But then that’s not what gets ratings up so I do find myself upset that the women do allow themselves to take such ugly paths in the name of reality TV and the one’s who I find more despicable in this area are not the obvious choices but the one’s that choose to unnecessarily insert themselves and engage with the one’s at the center of it all who are stupidly flailing about unable to manage their own terrible chaotic existences.

They are the fodder for the one’s more in control and I really do find that to be an off putting recipe. However, it does seem that for the most part, hot mess or not, being incapable of dealing with harsh realities and very real struggles during filming is more punishable in public opinion, than the more structured and composed cast members preying on them for no other reason than to move a storyline forward and to hold on to their position within the show. That’s such an ugly trade these women make and… yet no harm no foul.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 4

Co-Sign!!

I always find it interesting how quick and easy it seems to be to get so vicious with the ones that, at the very least, have understandable reasons for what we see:

Kim: Battling addiction. Obvious behavior issues will stem from it

Yolanda: Health Issues, Marriage issues, Life changing events. Definite drama

Brandi: Bitter divorce, cheated on, single mom two children, financial issues. Definitely gonna have a bite to her.

To name a couple of examples for my point.

I mean I don’t excuse a bulk of the nasty behavior but when there’s is obvious emotional distress and multiple life altering issues circling some of the women I can at least understand why lashing out or bad decisions happens within the course of filming and why they find themselves falling out of favor with the others but I’m never interested in the complete visceral attacks that end up happening season after season. It not only the “offending” parties that engage in the ugly behavior and yet it’s the one’s that, who I think, already have exacerbating situations existing in their lives that are crucified way more than the ones that don’t really have anything too critical affecting their ability to maneuver through a season. Not that the other women “don’t” have problems in their lives. We all do but today my biggest immediate problem is getting back into a size 8 before summer while a friend of mine who has two children won’t have a place to live come May. Under these conditions I’m not really going to expect her agitation level over her life’s plight to be as manageable as my life’s plight at the moment. I would expect missteps. Now, if for some reason we were to get into it about whatever I’d be more inclined to just ease off and let it be. If that makes any sense? I know that this is reality TV and all that but some of the tactics they use to steam forward with a storyline, no holds barred approach, and from the women who “don’t really have anything keeping them up at night” Leaves me quite cold.

So you see it’s always quite intriguing to see the expectations of behavior they have of each other and the leverage some of them get depending on this circumstance or that circumstance and what conversation is in question while dissecting word for word how certain things went down. It’s like, what gets factored into the perceptions they have of each others behaviors, to me, hardly represent a completely rounded assessment about who they are, what they are battling in that moment , why and who the negative contributors are in the whole scheme of things. Sometimes, even if things don’t balance out quite right, letting things go or not exacerbating them by way of allowing some grievances to fall to the way side unmentioned would make sense just for the sake of not kicking someone when their down. But then that’s not what gets ratings up so I do find myself upset that the women do allow themselves to take such ugly paths in the name of reality TV and the one’s who I find more despicable in this area are not the obvious choices but the one’s that choose to unnecessarily insert themselves and engage with the one’s at the center of it all who are stupidly flailing about unable to manage their own terrible chaotic existences.

They are the fodder for the one’s more in control and I really do find that to be an off putting recipe. However, it does seem that for the most part, hot mess or not, being incapable of dealing with harsh realities and very real struggles during filming is more punishable in public opinion, than the more structured and composed cast members preying on them for no other reason than to move a storyline forward and to hold on to their position within the show. That’s such an ugly trade these women make and… yet no harm no foul.

I agree 100 %.

Their dysfunctional behavior and maladaptive coping behaviors, the things that people call the "bad" housewives assholes for, the things people don't like, are the symptoms of their mental illnesses. It's the unpleasant reality of mental illness, relationships deteriorate.

• Love 3

I agree 100 %.

Their dysfunctional behavior and maladaptive coping behaviors, the things that people call the "bad" housewives assholes for, the things people don't like, are the symptoms of their mental illnesses. It's the unpleasant reality of mental illness, relationships deteriorate.

Did Yolanda come out and say that she has a mental illness?

Remember that one can be both an asshole and have a mental illness.

• Love 6

Did Yolanda come out and say that she has a mental illness?

Remember that one can be both an asshole and have a mental illness.

Sometimes on these shows the blatant lack of compassion or understanding brings out the asshole in those with mental illness because who doesn't want to be an asshole to an unsympathetic shit stirrer? I know I would after a while. That's what I see more often than not on these Housewives shows actually.

• Love 4

Sometimes on these shows the blatant lack of compassion or understanding brings out the asshole in those with mental illness because who doesn't want to be an asshole to an unsympathetic shit stirrer? I know I would after a while. That's what I see more often than not on these Housewives shows actually.

That is true, however yoyo has to realize that being an asshole is not going to win her friends nor allies.

• Love 2

No one is mentally ill.  Drama is required so production pushes them to engage in conflict.  That is pretty much all there is to it.

Well, delusional disorder is an option and definitely not exclusive to the BH wives. :)

• Love 7

Sometimes on these shows the blatant lack of compassion or understanding brings out the asshole in those with mental illness because who doesn't want to be an asshole to an unsympathetic shit stirrer? I know I would after a while. That's what I see more often than not on these Housewives shows actually.

There is NO WAY anyone here can determine that ANY HW suffers from a "mental illness" outside of Kim's addictions and Kim's, Kyle's and Brandi's claims of Anxiety. Every single HW on this show has something going on in their lives that is very stressful, be it their own personal health problems, their husbands health problems, business stress, marriage stressors......whatever, so are we to ignore their questionable behaviors as well? The reality is, Yolanda signed up for this show of her own free will and puts out ever conflicting/shifting stories, which causes confusion with the other HWs and with the viewing audience. JMO

• Love 14

^^

They are characters in a soap opera.

Are you mad at real life people commenting on characters or are you mad that the characters are engaged in emotional warfare, Or both?

This soap opera is labeled reality tv and we do know that this is real stuff happening in their real lives. The "soap opera" aspect of it are the mechanics used to draw the drama but the drama itself is really affecting real lives. Some have figured out how it can affect them less while others have been destroyed by the endeavor.

My sympathy's don't lessen because "it's a show" because real lives are ultimately affected and we are seeing true footage of people's lives so I don't personally partake in that balm. Some do manage to navigate the maze unscathed, some with only a few bumps and others end up like Jack Nicholas at the end of the shining. Season after season it is packaged more and more as a soap opera but I never let myself forget that production or no production, at the end of the day, these are real people with real lives that are showing themselves on my TV.  I shake my head more and more at the one's who join knowing their parts are meant to be damaging. I mean, it's all well and good if you going on a set as a villian and creating a work of fiction but to do so in a real capacity? To affect real lives? That's what's really unnerving to me. Lisa R is one of the biggest culprits I think.

• Love 3

There is NO WAY anyone here can determine that ANY HW suffers from a "mental illness" outside of Kim's addictions and Kim's, Kyle's and Brandi's claims of Anxiety. Every single HW on this show has something going on in their lives that is very stressful, be it their own personal health problems, their husbands health problems, business stress, marriage stressors......whatever, so are we to ignore their questionable behaviors as well? The reality is, Yolanda signed up for this show of her own free will and puts out ever conflicting/shifting stories, which causes confusion with the other HWs and with the viewing audience. JMO

There's a ratio that is usually very hard for most to apply in the game of life. My need to get into a size 8 which is very important to me, enough that I do cry once in a while would never ever, in my mind justify a harsh or dismissive response to my friend who is facing homelessness, if we were to be at odds about something. That's the point I was trying to convey with my previous posts.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 2