Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

This is a "quote" of Lisa's purported tweet:

“I suggest you go back and review past seasons,” the person replied back to Vanderpump, who promptly replied, “none of us ever talked or thought about it, however Max starts to have question.. you will see, all is good tho.”

Makes me think the whole thing was just a storyline maybe about Max figuring out his adoption stuff.  Either a way for Max to have a storyline or a way for Lisa to have a storyline separate from the other women.  If that was a real tweet that is.

• Love 1

This is a "quote" of Lisa's purported tweet:

Makes me think the whole thing was just a storyline maybe about Max figuring out his adoption stuff.  Either a way for Max to have a storyline or a way for Lisa to have a storyline separate from the other women.  If that was a real tweet that is.

Although I do not read all of her tweets, I do check everyday and I have not seen any tweets about last weeks show and Max/adoption. Now, she could have deleted the said tweets before I saw them but it could also be that she never made them. I find it suspect when an article claims tweets were made but then they can not produce said tweets!

• Love 2

Although I do not read all of her tweets, I do check everyday and I have not seen any tweets about last weeks show and Max/adoption. Now, she could have deleted the said tweets before I saw them but it could also be that she never made them. I find it suspect when an article claims tweets were made but then they can not produce said tweets!

I do think it is a bit suspect that they didn't produce the Tweets.  If she was misquoted, or the tweets didn't happen, I will expect for Lisa to say so.  She is generally right out in front of setting incorrect stories straight. 

It bugged me that when Lisa was shown on the phone with Max, she asked him, "Did you get the check?" To me, it was to drive home the point that he was getting money from his parents. Why not just say, "Did you get what I sent you?" or something like that. She has no qualms about throwing him under the bus, if you ask me. Not nice. 

• Love 2

Just watched Episode 9, and I am officially a Lisa hater.

As an adopted person, I've always reserved my "like" for Lisa, as her bullshit has been peeking, for me, since season 1. But after watching this!? What a bitch! She is the WORST type of adoptive parent. She totally makes a distinction between her kids -- which is awful. JUST AWFUL! What a terrible woman she is.

• Love 4

Lisa getting slapped around by that little ungrateful snot Stassi-befriends Brandi.  http://www.wetpaint.com/stassi-schroeder/articles/2015-01-19-lisa-vanderpump-moody-brandi-glanville?postId=603824&socialTitle=&utm_campaign=vrl&utm_medium=tw-wetpainttv&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=1421707887857044

I have to say Lisa needs to engage and get in the game we are past half time and Lisa has yet to run with the ball.  Scenes with Ken and the dogs are a snore.  

• Love 5

Lisa getting slapped around by that little ungrateful snot Stassi-befriends Brandi.  http://www.wetpaint.com/stassi-schroeder/articles/2015-01-19-lisa-vanderpump-moody-brandi-glanville?postId=603824&socialTitle=&utm_campaign=vrl&utm_medium=tw-wetpainttv&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=1421707887857044

I have to say Lisa needs to engage and get in the game we are past half time and Lisa has yet to run with the ball.  Scenes with Ken and the dogs are a snore.  

I agree, but then Lisa has to put away the rolodex of grievances.    If she can't manage anything beyond showing up here and there  for polite chit chat with the others, her scenes are going to remain pretty dull.   Eileen and Lisa R are in the mix and bringing it  (I would say how much I like Eileen, but I am afraid she might call me out for being a crazy fan girl), the Richards sisters are a big story, Yolo has one foot out the door IMO (I don't think she and Lisa like each other at all, anyway), and Brandi is dead to her.  That leaves Lisa doing nothing but flouncing around her pretty pink snow globe of a home, postulating about the sex life of her swans and dressing up her dogs in doll clothes.  Cue Vicki G --snnnnnnnn.....

• Love 7

I agree, but then Lisa has to put away the rolodex of grievances.    If she can't manage anything beyond showing up here and there  for polite chit chat with the others, her scenes are going to remain pretty dull.   Eileen and Lisa R are in the mix and bringing it  (I would say how much I like Eileen, but I am afraid she might call me out for being a crazy fan girl), the Richards sisters are a big story, Yolo has one foot out the door IMO (I don't think she and Lisa like each other at all, anyway), and Brandi is dead to her.  That leaves Lisa doing nothing but flouncing around her pretty pink snow globe of a home, postulating about the sex life of her swans and dressing up her dogs in doll clothes.  Cue Vicki G --snnnnnnnn.....

I think Lisa stretching out the lunch with Brandi for eight episodes was a bit over the top and worked in reverse-it gave Brandi all sorts of extra screen time.  Her on going issue with Yolanda makes no sense as they had the moving on luncheon.  Whether it is a good edit or just refreshing to see two new RH who don't buy into preconceived notions. Eileen and Lisa have been great.  Add a couple of nice looking husbands and win-win. Now Lisa has to get Ken around the men when his sundowners is not setting in.  I guess a group trip with the husbands is out this year.

• Love 4

I think Lisa stretching out the lunch with Brandi for eight episodes was a bit over the top and worked in reverse-it gave Brandi all sorts of extra screen time.  Her on going issue with Yolanda makes no sense as they had the moving on luncheon.  Whether it is a good edit or just refreshing to see two new RH who don't buy into preconceived notions. Eileen and Lisa have been great.  Add a couple of nice looking husbands and win-win. Now Lisa has to get Ken around the men when his sundowners is not setting in.  I guess a group trip with the husbands is out this year.

Maybe that is what's going on with Ken-- he  certainly seems much more grouchy, frustrated and impatient this season.   Being deliberately rude to some of his restaurant patrons could be consistent with age-related changes in behavior. 

It seemed that Ken had a genuine friendship with Mauricio, but that doesn't seem to be so prominent this season.  It may be that Lisa's  "jokes" about Mauricio's lack of ethics, her claim that he faked having a friendship with them and others, simply as a way to get business,  and her instigation of the infidelity story,  did have a chilling effect on the friendship between those two men, even if they aren't fully aware of it.  

Ken doesn't appear to know any of the other husbands all that well, so I don't see a whole lot of camaraderie developing with him and the guys, especially if Ken goes to every social event grudgingly--I think people often can pick that up and maybe figure he's not that interested/interesting. The other guys-- David F, VVP and Mauricio all seem to click..... 

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 4

Maybe that is what's going on with Ken-- he certainly seems much more grouchy, frustrated and impatient this season. Being deliberately rude to some of his restaurant patrons could be consistent with age-related changes in behavior.

It seemed that Ken had a genuine friendship with Mauricio, but that doesn't seem to be so prominent this season. It may be that Lisa's "jokes" about Mauricio's lack of ethics, her claim that he faked having a friendship with them and others, simply as a way to get business, and her instigation of the infidelity story, did have a chilling effect on the friendship between those two men, even if they aren't fully aware of it.

Ken doesn't appear to know any of the other husbands all that well, so I don't see a whole lot of camaraderie developing with him and the guys, especially if Ken goes to every social event grudgingly--I think people often can pick that up and maybe figure he's not that interested/interesting. The other guys-- David F, VVP and Mauricio all seem to click.....

I have to wonder if part of Ken problem this season is Yolanda's lie that her hit her or what ever she claimed. Yolanda has made no attempt to apologize, that we have seen.

On top of that Ken seems very protective of Lisa so last season was more than likely a lot for him. And feels done with the show.

He didn't go to Yo's party with Lisa.

• Love 4

I have to wonder if part of Ken problem this season is Yolanda's lie that her hit her or what ever she claimed. Yolanda has made no attempt to apologize, that we have seen.

On top of that Ken seems very protective of Lisa so last season was more than likely a lot for him. And feels done with the show.

He didn't go to Yo's party with Lisa.

Lisa claims it is because Yolanda said David didn't want them at their house.  I think when Ken asked Yolanda where her husband was Yolanda said he doesn't want to be around you.  Ken has been an ass bite at Yolanda's house but it was primarily because of his defense  of Brandi.  I guarantee you Foster does not have near the negative feelings Yolanda does towards Joyce and Michael.  Michael and David are both producers and travel in the same circles.  I am just shocked Mohamed hasn't tried to broker a truce.  Although Lisa and Ken have a certain celebrity, David rubs elbows with the really big names.

I swear Ken is just a cranky dog/purse carrier for Lisa this year.  She has to find a new sidekick.  She should be taking applications.

• Love 1
I swear Ken is just a cranky dog/purse carrier for Lisa this year.  She has to find a new sidekick.  She should be taking applications.

One of my favorite lines ever about Ken was when some brilliant person from TWoP said that he/she was starting to think that Ken carrying Giggy around all of the time was evidence that Giggy was actually some sort of cleverly disguised colostomy bag.

• Love 11

A poster made a comment the other day, teasing that Lisa is gleefully awaiting Ken's death, so she can date other men, and have fun.  Someone also made the comment that Ken would happily jump from a tall building if Lisa commanded it.  I certainly don't think it's as extreme as that, but I think Lisa definitely followed the motto to marry someone who loves you more than you love them.  It's all about the power.

I think Lisa does love Ken and feels affection for him, but she's also impatient with him, and loves to target him as the butt of her jokes.  Since the first season, Lisa has constantly joked about not wanting to have sex with Ken, or even giving him sex once or twice a year on his birthday or a special occasion.  I've noticed that Ken has never implied in any way, that Lisa isn't the most beautiful, intelligent, desirable, perfect woman, in the entire history of the world.  No slight to Lisa goes unnoticed by Ken, and he does not forgive them.

What really stuck out to me was that dinner in Puerto Rico.  I watched the scene several times because it interested me.  When Kim called Ken, a "stubborn old man", Lisa didn't flinch, frown, look concerned, look to Ken to see if he was upset, defend him, say you can't speak to my husband that way, say we're leaving since you're treating him this way, ask Ken if he was okay, comfort him, kiss him, reassure him, pat his hand - nothing, zilch, nada.  It's all about The Lisa in that household.  Lisa really doesn't even seem upset about Yolanda's accusation about Ken.  Clearly Ken is upset about it, but Lisa just continued on faking it, because the accusation wasn't against Lisa.

• Love 7

Lisa claims it is because Yolanda said David didn't want them at their house. I think when Ken asked Yolanda where her husband was Yolanda said he doesn't want to be around you. Ken has been an ass bite at Yolanda's house but it was primarily because of his defense of Brandi. I guarantee you Foster does not have near the negative feelings Yolanda does towards Joyce and Michael. Michael and David are both producers and travel in the same circles. I am just shocked Mohamed hasn't tried to broker a truce. Although Lisa and Ken have a certain celebrity, David rubs elbows with the really big names.

I swear Ken is just a cranky dog/purse carrier for Lisa this year. She has to find a new sidekick. She should be taking applications.

I thought Lisa said Ken was not comfortable going to Yo's.

But, I don't read interviews about Lisa (I find her kind of boring). That is what I thought she said on the show.

Yo and her King have nerve, if they said that. It was shown that Ken did not do what ever Yo was implying.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

A poster made a comment the other day, teasing that Lisa is gleefully awaiting Ken's death, so she can date other men, and have fun.  Someone also made the comment that Ken would happily jump from a tall building if Lisa commanded it.  

Are you sure it wasn't Brandi? I can see her saying something this disgusting.

• Love 4

One of my favorite lines ever about Ken was when some brilliant person from TWoP said that he/she was starting to think that Ken carrying Giggy around all of the time was evidence that Giggy was actually some sort of cleverly disguised colostomy bag.

I don't think Giggy is big enough to encompass how big a shit I find Ken.

• Love 5

IIRC Brandi did make a tasteless comment about Ken dying to Lisa I just can't recall the context.

I think it was at the vow renewal. Brandi said something like, Lisa better hurry up because Ken may die soon.

• Love 4

Lisa claims it is because Yolanda said David didn't want them at their house.  I think when Ken asked Yolanda where her husband was Yolanda said he doesn't want to be around you.  Ken has been an ass bite at Yolanda's house but it was primarily because of his defense  of Brandi.  I guarantee you Foster does not have near the negative feelings Yolanda does towards Joyce and Michael.  Michael and David are both producers and travel in the same circles.  I am just shocked Mohamed hasn't tried to broker a truce.  Although Lisa and Ken have a certain celebrity, David rubs elbows with the really big names.

I agree, but I think they should all go back a few steps with this. In PR, Ken called Yolanda "so stupid" (well, he said that about all of them, except Lisa and Joyce. ) Yolo definitely took offense  --  insulting her intelligence looks like a sore spot for her,  IMO. Then, at that last social event (Chamber of Commerce Party?), Yolo and Ken tangle again. She calls him out for meddling in women's business when he tries to get in on her discussion with Lisa, and Ken says something to the effect that he is going to get in their business if they are talking to his wife-- where is YOUR husband, Yolanda?  Maybe if David showed up once in a while....well, you know that is going to burn her ass.  Yolo follows that insult by saying David wouldn't want to be around someone like YOU,  Ken.

In the midst of this came the false assertion by Yolanda that Ken grabbed her arm. At the time, it looked to me like Ken reached for her arm, but she swatted him away. In any event, there were plenty of insults between Yolo and Ken.   

Ken did apologize to Yolanda for the "so stupid" statement but not for the rest.  I don't remember Yolanda apologizing to Ken for anything, but she did have the "let's move on" pact with Lisa.  Under the circumstances, it is kind of a stretch if Lisa and Ken are holding on to that one statement by Yolanda as proof that they are not welcome at the Fosters. If Ken and Lisa don't like the Fosters and don't want to be around them, fine. If you can't or won't move on, so be it.  Just say that.

• Love 4

I think it was at the vow renewal. Brandi said something like, Lisa better hurry up because Ken may die soon.

Yeah, but back then, Brandi was her protégé and every outrageous and disgusting statement Brandi make was OK with Lisa!

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 6

If Ken and Lisa don't like the Fosters and don't want to be around them, fine. If you can't or won't move on, so be it.  Just say that.

Lisa did say something along those lines in her blog concerning Ken not wanting to be around Yolanda/David. Lisa agreed to move on with Yolanda concerning what happened between the 2 of them, not anyone else. Ken has not seen or talked to Yolanda and, IMO, it is not Lisa's decision to make, that decision is his and his alone.  Why hasn't Yolanda reached out to Ken himself? She would demand a face to face apology to David, on camera, had Lisa done that to the "King". JS

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

I think Ken is like a wounded little sparrow.  Lisa holds grudges but so does Ken, probably even more so.  All we see are scenes of him playing mother hen to the dogs and being grouchy about everything else.  Despite the Yolanda incident at the Chamber of Commerce, Ken has looked pretty bad in some ways.  He vehemently defended Barndi with Mauricio and was wrong.  He called the women 'stupid' which IMO was uncalled for.  He sulks with Lisa.  I never really cared for Ken so I don't mind him not being at any of the events.

• Love 3

He apologized for calling them stupid and have admitted to being wrong to defend Brandi as staunchly as he did. He and Lisa have paid for that oversight.

Him not wanting to go to the Foster's gathering is not holding a grudge. First of, Yolanda has yet to even admit to wrongly accusing the man of assault, let alone apologize. He has decided to distant himself from all the drama. 

If they weren't so thirsty for fame and fortune, all these ho's should make that decision after everything that has gone down. At a certain point, you have to disengage and be polite when the occasion calls for it. It is not a sign of holding a grudge, it about learning life lesson and not being a glutton for punishment.  It is the healthy way to live life. 

• Love 4

He apologized for calling them stupid and have admitted to being wrong to defend Brandi as staunchly as he did. He and Lisa have paid for that oversight.

Him not wanting to go to the Foster's gathering is not holding a grudge. First of, Yolanda has yet to even admit to wrongly accusing the man of assault, let alone apologize. He has decided to distant himself from all the drama. 

If they weren't so thirsty for fame and fortune, all these ho's should make that decision after everything that has gone down. At a certain point, you have to disengage and be polite when the occasion calls for it. It is not a sign of holding a grudge, it about learning life lesson and not being a glutton for punishment.  It is the healthy way to live life. 

You can apologize and still hold a grudge.  I think Lisa and Ken are no less hungry for fame and fortune than anyone else on this show.  They're no more 'healthy' than anyone else.  I also don't think that Ken and Lisa defending Brandi was an oversight.  It was a strategic error.

• Love 5

Hey, I agree to some extent. Yolo should apologize.  But let's all remember that, on the show, Lisa said something in a TH about Ken not wanting to go to the Fosters, and then there was a flashback clip to the "Don't touch me, Ken!" statement by Yolo.  Bravo's editors put that clip there following Lisa's statement--she didn't connect those two things, at least not there, at that moment.  Maybe that is the reason Ken stays away from Yolo, which I would totally get. But what I heard here was Ken feels he is not welcome at the Foster's because Yolo said something about David not wanting Ken around.  Different thing, IMO.  That, to me, is pinning your own anger on someone else. That, to me, is just throwing out an excuse to stay away. And my point was, if you don't want to be there, just say that-- stop pretending Ken is being excluded. That is the victim thing Ken and Lisa are selling this season and I find it annoying and boring.

• Love 3

Hey, I agree to some extent. Yolo should apologize.  But let's all remember that, on the show, Lisa said something in a TH about Ken not wanting to go to the Fosters, and then there was a flashback clip to the "Don't touch me, Ken!" statement by Yolo.  Bravo's editors put that clip there following Lisa's statement--she didn't connect those two things, at least not there, at that moment.  Maybe that is the reason Ken stays away from Yolo, which I would totally get. But what I heard here was Ken feels he is not welcome at the Foster's because Yolo said something about David not wanting Ken around.  Different thing, IMO.  That, to me, is pinning your own anger on someone else. That, to me, is just throwing out an excuse to stay away. And my point was, if you don't want to be there, just say that-- stop pretending Ken is being excluded. That is the victim thing Ken and Lisa are selling this season and I find it annoying and boring.

I haven't seen Lisa or Ken claim "victim" status at all this season. She has reminded us, the viewers, in her TH why she doesn't invite Yolanda, or any of the others, places but I do not consider that crying victim at all. Yolanda is the one that keeps bringing up Lisa not inviting her, during the show itself in scenes with Lisa, as well as in her TH. For all that some think Lisa holds on a grudge/hurt, Yolanda makes Lisa look like an armature in that field and Brandi out strips both IMO. LOL

• Love 3

If I found one of my husband's workmates insufferable, I'd not attend a party at their house either.  If work politics made it necessary for him to go, he'd go.  I'd stay home.

Regardless of who is at fault, if Yolanda and Ken don't like each other, they should stay away from each other. Life is short.  One party and sing-a-long at the Foster's would be enough for me.  Ken has been there, done that.

• Love 7

No, no, no, there will be NO sing along!!!

I could change my mind IF:  none of the other Hos were invited but Mary J. Blige, Rod Stewart and Babs were.

Just can't imagine them being forced to sit around in a big, awkward circle singing songs about fingers.  And banging.  I think the Fosters have probably hosted some fabulous parties in their fabulous house by the sea.  I just haven't seen one yet.

• Love 4

Oh almost forgot, my daughter and I watched the opening of the Miss Universe pageant last night. Don't judge me!! We wanted to see Miss Kazakhstan as that is my daughters homeland. Well who was one of the judges? None other than our own Lisa Vanderpump! I don't know if she spoke at all as we turned it off after the opening.

• Love 2

Let's face it Lisa is paid to move on, Ken is not.

I think that for Ken, the lure of Reality TV has pretty much worn off. The level of scrutiny it has brought to them might not be worth it. They were rich before and they will be rich after, so who needs it? 

The judgment against them in the amount of $100K happened either right before, or right after they started filming (I am not clear on exactly when they began filming). This was a huge deal - much bigger than any of the trivial crap that happens on the show. The allegations against Ken in particular are ugly, primarily that he either participated in, or was aware that video evidence was destroyed that could have hurt them in the case. Whether true or not, the jury felt like Lisa and Ken were responsible for what happened to that girl. As I have come to see Ken on the show - sometimes being shockingly condescending - it is not hard for me to believe he refused the gals simple request to have her shift changed so that she didn't have to work with the creep again (according to the testimony that decision was made by Pandora and Ken). It is just not hard for me to believe that they really did say something like "if she doesn't like working here she should go somewhere else" instead of trying to protect her. 

At the end of the day, I think that it is stuff like this that has gotten to Ken. He has far bigger issues to worry about. 

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/06/17/villa-blanca-hit-with-large-punitive-damages-in-bustillos-case/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

One thing that always made this franchise interesting was the involvement of the husbands.  With Ken sitting at dinner at the Fosters he is creating a precedent for he and Lisa.   At this point I am feeling sorry for Lisa having to deal with sour puss Ken.  I don't know if they are together constantly but the guy is a downer.  I didn't appreciate Lisa feigning having to sneak by Ken to meet Kyle for the moving on lunch.  Lisa sure didn't have to sneak past Ken to spend two days with Kyle and one day with Yolanda and Kim filming the Lady Gaga video.

If Ken wanted to smooth things over with the Yolanda he should have approached her at the BBQ-perfect time to illustrate why she wasn't invited to Palm Springs for the event.  or better yet invite Mohamed and Shiva and ask them to include Yolanda.

I have found Ken to be an insufferable ass since her decided that Lisa needed to "teach Kyle a lesson" and continued being a pompous ass towards the Umanskys in favor of Brandi.  Sometimes there aren't apologies that will cover such betrayal and if it all stems from the Bobby Fisher and manipulative comments I think Kyle has proven her point. 

My issues with Lisa is we are in the middle of third quarter and she really hasn't gotten off the bench.  Even her tea-she couldn't be bother to do the follow up filming when the ladies when they went to dinner.  She goes to Cabo and it is all about Giggy.  I know the entertainer in Lisa has it in her to reengage.  If it is Ken holding her back-shame on him.  She needs to start combing efforts with Kyle and seize the day.  At this point she is boring and dare say unnecessary.  From someone who thought this show could not go on without Lisa she is making it easy to prove it can and from the looks of the ratings thrive.  

• Love 3

Ken's age combined with his hip surgery could be related to cognitive decline.  It's really a thing.  Cognitive decline could be the reason he's crankier, slower, makes questionable decisions, etc.  I find it hard to bag on him.  I'm dealing with old people in my own life right now and it's distressing how quickly they can change (behaviorally) after surgery.  It's been 2 years since my dad's hip replacement.  He's a different (grouchier) man. Like Ken, he doesn't want to do anything anymore except hang with his dog.  Some days I can't say I blame him. LOL

ETA:  zoeysmom, I meant to comment way upthread about Ken and sundowners.  I think you're onto something there.  When was the last time we've seen Ken anywhere after 5?

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

I think that for Ken, the lure of Reality TV has pretty much worn off. The level of scrutiny it has brought to them might not be worth it. They were rich before and they will be rich after, so who needs it? 

The judgment against them in the amount of $100K happened either right before, or right after they started filming (I am not clear on exactly when they began filming). This was a huge deal - much bigger than any of the trivial crap that happens on the show. The allegations against Ken in particular are ugly, primarily that he either participated in, or was aware that video evidence was destroyed that could have hurt them in the case. Whether true or not, the jury felt like Lisa and Ken were responsible for what happened to that girl. As I have come to see Ken on the show - sometimes being shockingly condescending - it is not hard for me to believe he refused the gals simple request to have her shift changed so that she didn't have to work with the creep again (according to the testimony that decision was made by Pandora and Ken). It is just not hard for me to believe that they really did say something like "if she doesn't like working here she should go somewhere else" instead of trying to protect her. 

At the end of the day, I think that it is stuff like this that has gotten to Ken. He has far bigger issues to worry about. 

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/06/17/villa-blanca-hit-with-large-punitive-damages-in-bustillos-case/

When Lisa was doing the "pity for Lisa" post Season 4 tour, she had a full on one hour interview with Giuliana Rancic.  It was a huge fluff piece.  One thing the Todd/Vanderpumps tend to do his make it sound as if they are presently running/owning 27 restaurants.  As far as I can tell they own 2 and have a half ownership in another.  When Ken was on the show he was asked something to the effect on why he kept opening restaurants and he claimed they keep spending all  the money they make.  As far as I can tell the last big sale Ken and Lisa had happened about 12 years ago.  Since then they obviously made money off their real estate (thank you Mauricio) and probably have other investments but it just seems they dump an awful lot of cash into their ventures. 

I do watch Lisa on Vanderpump Rules and she tends to cook the books right on TV.  Her restaurants don't really accommodate 500-700 diners a night.  When I heard a Vail say 138 I thought -oh that is more realistic. 

The other issue with Ken and Lisa -initially they did have a pass because the punitive damages were assigned to Villa Blanca and not Ken and Lisa personally.  When the plaintiff asked for a rehearing on the matter Ken and Lisa were a nightmare on the stand.  Piercing the corporate veil was a walk in the park,  When asked rudimentary questions about corporate meetings Lisa would say stupid things like they had them in the bedroom.  Technically-Lisa and Ken could have bankrupted Villa Blanca and escaped the judgment altogether-which is one reason why one incorporates.  Instead they got cute and ended up taking the hit personally.  It seems like a $100,000.00 judgment should not be that big of a deal as the are the Vanderfabulous but add their attorneys fees and the plaintiffs and they are probably closer to $300,000.00.  My thing with Ken is -instead of mocking Mauricio he should have listened to him when it comes to American litigation.  This is Great Britain, they no longer have a yacht or horses and further bragging and misstatements only brings out the anger in people.  With over 200 employees it doesn't take much to set a lawsuit in motion.

Ken's age combined with his hip surgery could be related to cognitive decline.  It's really a thing.  Cognitive decline could be the reason he's crankier, slower, makes questionable decisions, etc.  I find it hard to bag on him.  I'm dealing with old people in my own life right now and it's distressing how quickly they can change (behaviorally) after surgery.  It's been 2 years since my dad's hip replacement.  He's a different (grouchier) man. Like Ken, he doesn't want to do anything anymore except hang with his dog.  Some days I can't say I blame him. LOL

ETA:  zoeysmom, I meant to comment way upthread about Ken and sundowners.  I think you're onto something there.  When was the last time we've seen Ken anywhere after 5?

The reason I made the comment and it is a little tacky, is Ken was at Lisa Rinna's party and looked like he seemed unfamiliar with the group and the party was at his restaurant .  So me being me and exercising my right to an opinion I am wondering if that is why Ken avoided Fosters. 

• Love 4

The reason I made the comment and it is a little tacky, is Ken was at Lisa Rinna's party and looked like he seemed unfamiliar with the group and the party was at his restaurant .  So me being me and exercising my right to an opinion I am wondering if that is why Ken avoided Fosters. 

It could certainly be part of why he didn't want to go.  (I still think part of it is his old-school Rolling Stones coolness.  I fantasize Ken laughing and pointing at Yo and The King's sing-a-longs.)

He's in the age bracket for dementia.  A lot of us, these past 2 seasons have commented on his surly, doddering ways.  If that's the reason he's not playing anymore, it's sad.  Like Yolanda, if he's got health issues that he and Lisa would rather remain unseen and not speculated about, I'd vote them off the island.  The only difference between Yo and Ken, though, is that Yolanda wants her issues seen.  Well and often.

• Love 2

Instead they got cute and ended up taking the hit personally.  It seems like a $100,000.00 judgment should not be that big of a deal as the are the Vanderfabulous but add their attorneys fees and the plaintiffs and they are probably closer to $300,000.00.  My thing with Ken is -instead of mocking Mauricio he should have listened to him when it comes to American litigation.  This is Great Britain, they no longer have a yacht or horses and further bragging and misstatements only brings out the anger in people.  With over 200 employees it doesn't take much to set a lawsuit in motion.

You're right that Lisa and Ken are on the hook for Karina Bustillos' legal fees, her legal fees were ~$1.5 million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2839473/Real-Housewives-Beverly-Hills-star-Lisa-Vanderpump-hit-1-5-million-legal-fees-payout-former-employee-sued-sexual-harassment.html

http://www.wehoville.com/2014/11/19/vanderpump-hit-1-5-million-legal-fees-sexual-harassment-case/

One thing that always made this franchise interesting was the involvement of the husbands.  With Ken sitting at dinner at the Fosters he is creating a precedent for he and Lisa.   At this point I am feeling sorry for Lisa having to deal with sour puss Ken.  I don't know if they are together constantly but the guy is a downer.  I didn't appreciate Lisa feigning having to sneak by Ken to meet Kyle for the moving on lunch.  Lisa sure didn't have to sneak past Ken to spend two days with Kyle and one day with Yolanda and Kim filming the Lady Gaga video.

If Ken wanted to smooth things over with the Yolanda he should have approached her at the BBQ-perfect time to illustrate why she wasn't invited to Palm Springs for the event.  or better yet invite Mohamed and Shiva and ask them to include Yolanda.

I have found Ken to be an insufferable ass since her decided that Lisa needed to "teach Kyle a lesson" and continued being a pompous ass towards the Umanskys in favor of Brandi.  Sometimes there aren't apologies that will cover such betrayal and if it all stems from the Bobby Fisher and manipulative comments I think Kyle has proven her point. 

My issues with Lisa is we are in the middle of third quarter and she really hasn't gotten off the bench.  Even her tea-she couldn't be bother to do the follow up filming when the ladies when they went to dinner.  She goes to Cabo and it is all about Giggy.  I know the entertainer in Lisa has it in her to reengage.  If it is Ken holding her back-shame on him.  She needs to start combing efforts with Kyle and seize the day.  At this point she is boring and dare say unnecessary.  From someone who thought this show could not go on without Lisa she is making it easy to prove it can and from the looks of the ratings thrive.  

Ken did not falsely accuse Yolanda of assaulting him, so why should he have to reach out to her? She made the nasty and false accusation against him and it is up to her to apologize for it. As I said just a few posts before, had Lisa said/done this to Foster, Yolanda would have made Lisa apologize on camera, in her TH, on WWHL, in the newspapers and hire a skywriter to write one in the sky over Malibu.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6

Ken did not falsely accuse Yolanda of assaulting him, so why should he have to reach out to her? She made the nasty and false accusation against him and it is up to her to apologize for it. As I said just a few posts before, had Lisa said/done this to Foster, Yolanda would have made Lisa apologize on camera, in her TH, on WWHL, in the newspapers and hire a skywriter to write one in the sky over Malibu.

If I felt I had been unjustly accused I would simply say to Yolanda-I  think we need to clear the air-I am still taken back that you thought and said I touched you.  If Yolanda doesn't respond move on.  I do not see Yolanda as all that dramatic in drawing out an apology. When she and Taylor had their moment-basically Taylor swallowed her words and other than calling Taylor as asshole-Yolanda moved on. 

To me if I feel an apology is due, I will bring it up and if one is not forthcoming, it is on them.  My issue with Ken is he is now putting himself outside the circle of husbands and in doing so leaves Lisa as one of the single girls.  I think after 30 years of marriage she deserves more.

If I felt I had been unjustly accused I would simply say to Yolanda-I  think we need to clear the air-I am still taken back that you thought and said I touched you.  If Yolanda doesn't respond move on.  I do not see Yolanda as all that dramatic in drawing out an apology. When she and Taylor had their moment-basically Taylor swallowed her words and other than calling Taylor as asshole-Yolanda moved on. 

To me if I feel an apology is due, I will bring it up and if one is not forthcoming, it is on them.  My issue with Ken is he is now putting himself outside the circle of husbands and in doing so leaves Lisa as one of the single girls.  I think after 30 years of marriage she deserves more.

He did bring it up at the reunion and she stuck by her story even though everyone else said she was wrong. Yolanda will never apologize to Ken because he had the audacity, the audacity I tell you LOL, to ask if she was stupid and then call her stupid and the utter audacity to point out that King David is rarely around, the nerve of him to do that to her and THE King. Even though Ken apologized for the "stupid" comments, she persists in her allegation that he "assaulted" her! I am not sure if he can get past this now, too much time has gone by to give any apology worth consideration/merit/forgiveness IMO.

I do not like that he has removed himself either but if it is ok for King David, it is ok for Ken to do as well.

• Love 5

He did bring it up at the reunion and she stuck by her story even though everyone else said she was wrong. Yolanda will never apologize to Ken because he had the audacity, the audacity I tell you LOL, to ask if she was stupid and then call her stupid and the utter audacity to point out that King David is rarely around, the nerve of him to do that to her and THE King. Even though Ken apologized for the "stupid" comments, she persists in her allegation that he "assaulted" her! I am not sure if he can get past this now, too much time has gone by to give any apology worth consideration/merit/forgiveness IMO.

I do not like that he has removed himself either but if it is ok for King David, it is ok for Ken to do as well.

This is one of those times that I honestly cannot pick a side. I think both Yo and Ken tend to be ridiculous. Yo with all of her "what are you doing getting involved in a conversation among women" stuff that she threw at Ken more than once was really irritating to me. On the other hand, Ken always acts so entitled. Calling her stupid, which was out of hand, and then the stuff about David not being with her, which was said simply to cut her down and of course brings up her big vulnerability with regard to her King. She should have never said he touched her, when clearly he didn't. I think more than anything that Yo doesn't pretend to think that Ken is wonderful, as most of the other gals do. Everyone tends to fawn all over Ken as if he is something special, when in reality he is nothing more than a tool to carry around that sad sack of a dog. Yo doesn't do it, which probably drives him crazy. Still, I get that he would be pissed as hell about the accusation that he touched her.  Lisa can forgive her if she wants, but I can understand Ken not wanting to. 

• Love 5

This is one of those times that I honestly cannot pick a side. I think both Yo and Ken tend to be ridiculous. Yo with all of her "what are you doing getting involved in a conversation among women" stuff that she threw at Ken more than once was really irritating to me. On the other hand, Ken always acts so entitled. Calling her stupid, which was out of hand, and then the stuff about David not being with her, which was said simply to cut her down and of course brings up her big vulnerability with regard to her King. She should have never said he touched her, when clearly he didn't. I think more than anything that Yo doesn't pretend to think that Ken is wonderful, as most of the other gals do. Everyone tends to fawn all over Ken as if he is something special, when in reality he is nothing more than a tool to carry around that sad sack of a dog. Yo doesn't do it, which probably drives him crazy. Still, I get that he would be pissed as hell about the accusation that he touched her.  Lisa can forgive her if she wants, but I can understand Ken not wanting to. 

I don't know why Yolanda persisted with the touching comments unless she was honestly touched or maybe she should watch the episodes before she comments on them but I do know one thing-call someone stupid and it is forever.  Brandi at poker night calling Kyle and "everybody" stupid-no quicker way to truly offend someone then play the stupid card.  Both Ken and Brandi used it in highly sensitive situations and the receivers of the message Yolanda, Lisa R and Kyle were truly hurt.

I think any party to a conversation should be able to speak to the situation.  Yolanda and much of the cast of RHOA make me nuts over that assertion that it is between the women.  Ken does not get a pass from me because he thought it was all wrong of Michael to speak out to Brandi when she was verbally attacking his wife.  Ken doesn't get to rewrite the rules when his wife is involved.  All in all 2014 was a really bad year for Ken and it was the year he turned 70.

• Love 4

And yet in a recent episode, we saw Ken struggling with Lisa's two suitcases, down the stairs for heaven's sake, and Lisa sashays in front of him (empty handed) and laughing at his complaints.  Wait, Lisa may have been holding Giggy, since it would have been difficult for Ken to balance the dog on his head.

• Love 3

Yes, Lisa reminded me in that scene of my mother who is in denial about my dad's decline.  Walking out to the mailbox on an icy driveway? She'll still send my dad.  She's impatient with his forgetfulness, sudden bursts of anger and lack of motivation.  All my sibs are sad about our dad and a little pissed off at our mother.  But none of us have been married 50 years so I'm sure it is hard to let go of what was. 

Ken is nowhere as bad as my dad is, but my dad was like Ken less than 2 years ago.

I watched some old Vanderpump Rules today.  What a contrast to see how much livelier and happier Ken was in the first season. The shuffling of his feet is so much more pronounced.

• Love 4