Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Such a poetic typo... it is a typo, right?

It is a typo an a bad one I meant to say the groom's family as a HOME not hoe in Cabo.

I'm betting that they are thick as thieves again, already. Kim is addicted to substances and Kyle is addicted to Kim. As much and as often as Kyle protests notwithstanding, I think she's addicted to the drahma.

I am guessing Kyle was down there for everyone but Kim.  Did anyone figure out what happened to Kathy and Rick?  Odd they would not attend.

It is a typo an a bad one I meant to say the groom's family as a HOME not hoe in Cabo.

I am guessing Kyle was down there for everyone but Kim.  Did anyone figure out what happened to Kathy and Rick?  Odd they would not attend.

What ever happened did not stop Paris from flying out of the country to Cannes so she could party with friends so I suspect it was all for publicity. She just wanted everyone to think she was taking care of Monty and not acting as a warden with Conrad! LOL

• Love 2

I think we're talking about two separate books here.

Lura is absolutely right about the price of HoH (Oppenheimer.) The going rate for paperback is $65 and up.

http://www.amazon.com/House-Hilton-Jerry-Oppenheimer-ebook/dp/B000MAH7TU/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432606780&sr=1-1&keywords=house+of+hilton

Oddly, the hardback is considerably cheaper than the paperback.

I read it and the Richards half of the book is mainly about Big Kathy and not very much at all about Paris (who serves as the "loss leader" to sell copies.)

The Hilton half of the book is about Conrad Sr., but mostly about Nicky.

It's a good soapy read, but I'm not sure how credible it is.

• Love 4
(edited)

Here is the link to Amazon for the book HoH. It is listed as $20.99 for hard cover, $13.99 for paper back and used for $6+change. I say buy used!

http://www.amazon.com/Hiltons-True-Story-American-Dynasty/dp/1455516694/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432594799&sr=1-2&keywords=house+of+hilton

That's how I started, with the app. My son bought me the Kindle for my birthday.

I still love real books but being house bound the Kindle has become my best friend. I can lie in bed, buy books and read them without leaving my room.

Sorry. I quoted the wrong comment. I should have quoted the one about the app.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

Welcome, grisgris.  

That diamond necklace is enough to make my jaw drop!  Now, that's what I want to see on RHOBH, and that's what I expected to see when I first tuned in.  Bling, bling, bling!  The heck with the fighting, and bring on the goodies.

I thought Monty was a gambler.  Did he win that diamond playing poker, or did he have an occupation?  I know nothing about him as far as background goes.  He surely is missing being with the gang in Cabo.  When do they get back?

It doesn't surprise me that Kim made a beeline to Cannes.  Private yachts, parties, drugs and sex -- they're like flowers to a bee for her.

(edited)

Not to crap on anyone's parade but that diamond Monty is bragging about about is 10 carats of the crappiest quality stone I've seen in a long time. It is included beyond acceptable (all the fuzzy crap all over the stone when you look into it), nearly opaque, and the chain looks like pot metal or cheap silver - not platinum or white gold, and not made just recently for his daughter.  A great stone - that a "millionaire" would gift his wife - should be of the highest clarity without any of the inclusions that made Monty's diamond look muddy and fuzzy. That stone is a dog, and I call bullshit. I know high end bling and that aint it.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 17

Hey, thanks for the tip. I bought my copy of HOH for a couple of bucks plus shipping. I just may list it, sell it and make a profit. Now do I want invest in Vanderpump Sangria, Unfiltered Blond Chardonnay, membership in Wines by Wives, Ramona Pinot Grigio, or one of eleventy!!! varieties of Skinny Girl. The possibilities make my head spin.

• Love 7

I heard a rumor Kathy was pissed that Brooke wanted a second "dream" wedding after she hosted the first wedding at her house, and did everything she could to make it beautiful and perfect. She felt Brooke was acting ungrateful and spoiled. Something like that. :)

• Love 6

Kyle  tons of photos on her Twitter regarding the wedding including Whitney singing-WHitney Davis singing Whitney Houston/Dolly Pardon song.

Don't tell Kim. She'll accuse Kyle of trying to increase her Twitter followers with this.

Minty is posting again.  Kim had her 10 carat wedding ring converted to a necklace for Brooke. https://instagram.com/p/3DL95mQfNd/?taken-by=montybrinson

Sorry, but I think there's something weird about a grown man, a non-celeb with nothing to promote, posting on Instagram. Very Richards and Hiktonesque, though, so at least he fits in with the fam.

• Love 8

It is virtually impossible to analyze any gemstone from a picture. It is even difficult to judge its value in person without a special magnifier. Only then can one tell whether the diamond is hiding a multitude of inclusions and other things that bring the value down. Even an experienced jeweler can tell you nothing from a picture except its approximate size (and even then, it's a guess). The qualities which determine a diamond's value (and the value of most gems) is in person, a judgment as to its brightness, its cut, its clarity, and other considerations. While it could be true that the diamond is far from perfect, it could also be perfect, but you'd never know either from a picture. The lighting in the picture and any camera problems can cause fuzziness and other abnormalities.

• Love 1

Not to crap on anyone's parade but that diamond Monty is bragging about about is 10 carats of the crappiest quality stone I've seen in a long time. It is included beyond acceptable (all the fuzzy crap all over the stone when you look into it), nearly opaque, and the chain looks like pot metal or cheap silver - not platinum or white gold, and not made just recently for his daughter.  A great stone - that a "millionaire" would gift his wife - should be of the highest clarity without any of the inclusions that made Monty's diamond look muddy and fuzzy. That stone is a dog, and I call bullshit. I know high end bling and that aint it.

Hmmm, interesting, thank you. Because I know shit from shinola about quality gems. Re the stone I figured the photography was off somehow, but I definitely thought it was a cheap ass looking chain to be hanging 10 carats from.

• Love 6

I heard a rumor Kathy was pissed that Brooke wanted a second "dream" wedding after she hosted the first wedding at her house, and did everything she could to make it beautiful and perfect. She felt Brooke was acting ungrateful and spoiled. Something like that. :)

Well, she's Kim's daughter.......

• Love 2

So I ended up at urgent care on Sunday (mountain biking accident and my injury required stitches). The doctor finishes up and is going over my aftercare and I ask, "So what can I take for pain?" He tells me that I can take over-the-counter meds. In the spirit of Kim, I almost blurted out, "But I'm in 100% pain!!" I did restrain myself, however.

I'm curious what Kathy's "emergency" was. The Richards sisters are certainly drama queens, aren't they?

So, anybody think Kim is actually going to go to rehab now that "the wedding" is over? I'm not convinced that Kim ever went into rehab this last time (she has given us plenty of material to be skeptical of anything she says/does).

• Love 4

So, anybody think Kim is actually going to go to rehab now that "the wedding" is over? I'm not convinced that Kim ever went into rehab this last time (she has given us plenty of material to be skeptical of anything she says/does).

I'll be surprised if she goes back to rehab, unless it's to fulfill some Bravo demand.  In Kim's mind, the fact that she was able to go to this wedding and appear to function normally will mean she's "cured".

Would love to know what she did behind closed (bathroom) doors, though.

• Love 4

Hmmm, interesting, thank you. Because I know shit from shinola about quality gems. Re the stone I figured the photography was off somehow, but I definitely thought it was a cheap ass looking chain to be hanging 10 carats from.

suomi, glad I could clarify for you and others. As a trained gemologist specializing in diamonds, it's always best to examine a piece in person with a loupe (jeweler's magnifier), but one can clearly see things like inclusions if they are large enough and/or prevalent enough in a close up, which they are in that photo. That stone is so included to the naked eye (inclusions are natural imperfections that create a less-clear/crisp look to a diamond, and affect its clarity, one of the key aspects a stone is graded on to determine it's value), it is apparent that the clarity is off, which I find rather odd if Monty is this high roller. Then again, rich folk can be pretty cheap ass cheap too so...

• Love 8

The "provenance" of the diamond, accoding to House of Hilton was that Monty bought Kim an engagement ring, Big Kathy thought it was too small and Monty was ordered to get a bigger stone.  It is believable to me that he got Kim a bigger stone but that it was not a great quality stone because if he could afford an engagement ring with a large, high quality stone, he would've gotten Kim that kind of ring in the first place.

My take on Monty was that he probably got a decent inheritance, blew through it, although he may still get a stipend, and is an amiable guy who also gets by on the grace and favor of his rich friends.

• Love 10

I believe this. She will never change because she doesn't have to.

We're told Kim was saying horribly nasty things to her daughter, Brooke, right after the wedding. We're told Kim was cursing out the groom's family and was generally belligerent. The bride has vowed she won't speak with her mom again.

As for the sober coach ... we're told she couldn't control Kim and left Mexico immediately after the wedding.

Our sources say Kim is still in Cabo and she's gone radio silent. The rehab facility gave her a pass to attend the wedding but gave her a deadline to return Monday, which she has not done.

How much misery will she inflict on her family before it's all said and done?

• Love 9

I'm so glad you said this. The whole thing looks a mess. The chain appears to be some random base metal the "silver" plate wore off of years ago. I've seen better quality silver for sale by random vendors on the beaches in Mexico. The setting looks like a generic pre-fab of rhodium plate over sterling. It's unfortunate they couldn't set aside a few dollars from all of their trips in the last year for a new chain. If the diamond ever makes another public appearance, I'm thinking it'll have a new chain and setting.

• Love 7

Maybe that was Kathy's emergency.   The tweet from her went out at 12:33am.    Wonder if Kim's sober coach gave her a call.    Kim probably got hammered the night before the wedding, and Kathy was in damage control.    After the wedding is when they probably starting questioning Kim, and that's when she went off!  

• Love 7

I believe this. She will never change because she doesn't have to.

How much misery will she inflict on her family before it's all said and done?

How much misery will the family take before they lay out their consequences to Kim and keep their distance from her? They don't have to tolerate her bullshit.

• Love 11

Was it legal for her to be out of the country while she's out on bail from the arrest?   Seems like she'll have to come back at some point to go to court.

• Love 2

How much misery will the family take before they lay out their consequences to Kim and keep their distance from her? They don't have to tolerate her bullshit.

Exactly. That's why the Dr. Phil show wasn't a real intervention, because the family didn't give Kim any ultimatums, or bottom lines. Kim still wanted to call the shots, and they keep saying ok. They need to cut her out of their lives. That's the only way she'll get serious. And even that's a maybe.

• Love 6

I can't believe Kim had the audacity to get messed up at her daughter's wedding.  IMHO being an addict is not an excuse to use drugs and or alcohol and then make a spectacle of herself on her daughter's big day.  I also can't believe I spent all last season defending her on this board and accepting her word for things.  She is just a massively disappointing human being on just about every level.  Not accepting responsibility for the dog bites, not accepting responsibility for her actions on RHoBH and now being her messy self at her child's wedding.  Awful.  I will never believe another word that comes out of her mouth and because of that I hope she is not signed for another season of RH. 

• Love 8

Was it legal for her to be out of the country while she's out on bail from the arrest?   Seems like she'll have to come back at some point to go to court.

The charges are misdemeanors and if she paid cash bail no one cares as long as her attorney shows up with a waiver in hand come arraignment day.

I can't believe Kim had the audacity to get messed up at her daughter's wedding.  IMHO being an addict is not an excuse to use drugs and or alcohol and then make a spectacle of herself on her daughter's big day.  I also can't believe I spent all last season defending her on this board and accepting her word for things.  She is just a massively disappointing human being on just about every level.  Not accepting responsibility for the dog bites, not accepting responsibility for her actions on RHoBH and now being her messy self at her child's wedding.  Awful.  I will never believe another word that comes out of her mouth and because of that I hope she is not signed for another season of RH. 

It sounds like Kim towed the line from Ken Season 2-"I don't care."   My guess is Brooke and Thayer hoped she wouldn't drink or use and having her absent was too big a sacrifice with Minty being down for the count. 

• Love 2

Oh Kim. Never change.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/26/kim-richards-relapse-drugs-alcohol-wedding-mexico-brooke-rehab/

Who knows if it's true, but is anyone surprised?

Is this even news anymore... we knew she more than likely wasn't in rehab and if there was an open bar there wasnt any stopping her. Im pretty much over it. She'll be an addict whether she choses to accept that reality or not.

Maybe that was Kathy's emergency. The tweet from her went out at 12:33am. Wonder if Kim's sober coach gave her a call. Kim probably got hammered the night before the wedding, and Kathy was in damage control. After the wedding is when they probably starting questioning Kim, and that's when she went off!

Not far fetched and you probably right.

• Love 4

Didn't Kathy tweet out to Kim as well during that "emergency"?

I lost faith in Kim when I read about the dog attack before the season started. I had defended her many times, but when the news came out about the dog attacks, I was done with her. It is not at all surprising she got high and/or drunk at the wedding.

What will be interesting is when Kim is put on probation for her drunken behavior. She won't be able to pull her shit like she does with her family. The courts issue consequences, unlike her family.

• Love 10

Didn't Kathy tweet out to Kim as well during that "emergency"?

I lost faith in Kim when I read about the dog attack before the season started. I had defended her many times, but when the news came out about the dog attacks, I was done with her. It is not at all surprising she got high and/or drunk at the wedding.

What will be interesting is when Kim is put on probation for her drunken behavior. She won't be able to pull her shit like she does with her family. The courts issue consequences, unlike her family.

Kathy did the SOS to all of them.

• Love 1

The charges are misdemeanors and if she paid cash bail no one cares as long as her attorney shows up with a waiver in hand come arraignment day.

It sounds like Kim towed the line from Ken Season 2-"I don't care."   My guess is Brooke and Thayer hoped she wouldn't drink or use and having her absent was too big a sacrifice with Minty being down for the count. 

The impression I got from the Dr. Phil interview with Kim and her kids was that if Kim had said she wasn't coming to the wedding because she needed to get treatment, Brooke would have been fine with it.  Probably Kyle or Kathy could have stepped up and done a fine job supporting Brooke.  I think Brooke, Kimberly and Chad is it?  have had enough of Kim's bad behavior  to last several lifetimes. 

There's still a tiny part of me that hopes this item on TMZ isn't true but they usually get it right.

• Love 5

I forgot to share with you all. I talked to my good friend who watches RHs with me but she doesnt get into blogs and forums talk besides what we talk about and what I have shared with her. She watches for gulity pleasure basically. Anyhow she brought something to my attention the other day when we talked Kyle being at the wedding. She asked, "What if Kim is a lesbian?" I know but hold on. But then she said, "Think about Whitney Houston and how her mom would had disowned for being a lesbian. Or how Meredith Baxter and Jodie Foster have all came out the closet over the last few hand full years and they are not that much older than Kim. Or that Kim has had 3 baby daddies but hasnt had a man since." It got me thinking. I mean Kim doesnt give lesbian vibes (even though her love for Brandi felt like overkill at times) but it's not uncommon for LGBT individuals to get into drugs and alcohol when their families disown them or know they are who they are. It was just a theory she threw out there.

Is this even news anymore... we knew she more than likely wasn't in rehab and if there was an open bar there wasnt any stopping her.

An open bar is irrelevant. She doesn't drink in public. Whatever she did, and it was probably drugs (or huffing!), she did in private. I'm guessing in a bathroom or two.

• Love 6

I don't know why the news about Kim hit me as hard as it did.  I was sure she intended on going to the wedding to prove to the others that she could abstain if she wanted to.  Instead, she shows up and proves to everyone that she is as sick as they've said she is.

I also can't believe that I've been so gullible, believing and hoping that Kim could knock this addiction on her own.  At least, toward the end, I did say that I thought Kim had this planned.  Kim will go for the booze or the pills at every opportunity.  She is truly an addict.  I can't say that I hold out any hope for her  after this escapade.  If what was written on TMZ is true, she has ruined everything!  How could she ever, ever do this to Brooke?  If that family aided and abetted her trip to Mexico, they deserve what they got. 

I can't see any hope for Kim unless the family abandons her.  I want to, but I can't.

• Love 5

I am totally convinced that Kim is on prescription pain pills.  I have an extremely close family member who was addicted for well over a decade and the anger and insulting outbursts seem so familiar.  Kim also looks awful and on something at Brooke's wedding-shouldn't she look cleaner and more clear after a month in rehab?  I feel awful for her children.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am totally convinced that Kim is on prescription pain pills.  I have an extremely close family member who was addicted for well over a decade and the anger and insulting outbursts seem so familiar.  Kim also looks awful and on something at Brooke's wedding-shouldn't she look cleaner and more clear after a month in rehab?  I feel awful for her children.

IMO, Kim was not in "rehab", she never detoxed, never went off any prescription meds she was using or on. She was photo'd out and about the day the Dr Phil episode of her aired and that would be far too soon for someone in serious rehab. She was either in some lax sober living facility relaxing until the wedding or at some friends Malibu home doing the same thing. I do not believe that a facility sent a "sober coach" with her to the wedding, IMO, that was Kathy's doing to keep peace, hence the SOS tweet when all hell broke loose with Kim at the wedding. JMO

ETA, IMO, Alcohol has never been Kim's drug of choice, it is pills/powder/inhalants with a chaser of booze but the alcohol is the lesser/secondary addiction. For whatever reason, alcohol addiction is a lesser evil to that family than drug addiction is and that is why they use alcoholism as her illness publicly. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 16

IMO, Kim was not in "rehab", she never detoxed, never went off any prescription meds she was using or on. She was photo'd out and about the day the Dr Phil episode of her aired and that would be far too soon for someone in serious rehab. She was either in some lax sober living facility relaxing until the wedding or at some friends Malibu home doing the same thing. I do not believe that a facility sent a "sober coach" with her to the wedding, IMO, that was Kathy's doing to keep peace, hence the SOS tweet when all hell broke loose with Kim at the wedding. JMO

ETA, IMO, Alcohol has never been Kim's drug of choice, it is pills/powder/inhalants with a chaser of booze but the alcohol is the lesser/secondary addiction. For whatever reason, alcohol addiction is a lesser evil to that family than drug addiction is and that is why they use alcoholism as her illness publicly. JMO

Don't forget, they also lie and publicly state that Kim drinks because she is alone.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh Kim. Never change.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/26/kim-richards-relapse-drugs-alcohol-wedding-mexico-brooke-rehab/

Who knows if it's true, but is anyone surprised?

My first reaction is this article is not true and they had it written before the wedding.  There is no sane person who has gone through what Kim has gone through and would not be on there very bestest behavior at such a public event.  (I know, what's wrong with me?????)  But this is Rehab Kim 4.0 so anything is possible.  And it would explain the mysterious Kathy SOS where she wanted Kim, Kyle, Paris and Nicki to call her.  Monty seems to be OK.

Does anyone have a feel for how reliable TMZ has been throughout our Kim Crisis?  I (gratefully) read all the links here and I remember that some of them had mistakes and some outright lies that regulars on this board could spot right away.  Was TMZ pretty good in their details or one of the screw ups?

So sad for her kids if it is true.

Edited by rehoboth
  • Love 1

My first reaction is this article is not true and they had it written before the wedding.  There is no sane person who has gone through what Kim has gone through and would not be on there very bestest behavior at such a public event.  (I know, what's wrong with me?????)  But this is Rehab Kim 4.0 so anything is possible.  And it would explain the mysterious Kathy SOS where she wanted Kim, Kyle, Paris and Nicki to call her.  Monty seems to be OK.

Does anyone have a feel for how reliable TMZ has been throughout our Kim Crisis?  I (gratefully) read all the links here and I remember that some of them had mistakes and some outright lies that regulars on this board could spot right away.  Was TMZ pretty good in their details or one of the screw ups?

So sad for her kids if it is true.

I think all of the gossip sites are hit and miss but this report/gossip does not surprise me when you add in the timing of Kathy's SOS tweet. JMO

• Love 4

TMZ has been pretty on the money wrt Kim. It doesn't surprise me at all that she probably made a fool of herself at the wedding. I can only think that she got attitude and felt defensive when some relative asked her if she was okay. That probably kicked it off and the next thing Brooke knows Kim is ranting to anyone who will listen about how so and so should worry about their own life and that she's just trying to enjoy her daughters wedding but other people are making it impossible for her. Ugh. 

I honestly think that a big part of Kim's love for Kingsley is that Kingsley can't judge Kim for taking drugs.

• Love 8

I totally agree!!!  I never bought that crap she was spewing to Andy(2nd season reunion) that she was an alcoholic and that's why she went into rehab. No sober person comes out of "rehab" with prescriptions for Lexapro, Trazadone, Topamax and she must have been  adding more to it with all that "pain" she is complaining about.  IMO, she is a classic Doctor-Hopper/Doctor-Shopper.  Very common out here, very sad 

• Love 7

My first reaction is this article is not true and they had it written before the wedding.  There is no sane person who has gone through what Kim has gone through and would not be on there very bestest behavior at such a public event. 

On the contrary, I think a big event can be a trigger. Think of all the stresses: she probably thinks everyone's watching her, whispering about her, she knows she and her sobriety are in the spotlight, Kyle is there, Alexia and her stitched-up hand is there, there's an open bar and everyone is drinking and having fun, etc...

I think their track record is pretty good. Maybe not 100% accurate, but they've gotten a lot of things right. They were the first to break the story (of Kim's arrest), they got a lot of the police details right, and they also reported on the alleged trigger - Kim watching the reunion at Brooke's house in order to "blog" about it, which all of us laughed at since Kim never blogs, but Lo and behold she repeated that story on Dr. Phil, so...

• Love 9

Wonder who's still in Cabo w/Kim?   And who's paying the bill?    From Kathy's 911 text, you have to think something happened on Friday, somebody called Kathy (probably Brooke).   Then Sat., she goes nuts.   And according the TMZ she starts insulting Thayer's parents.  Oh, I have to think this has got to have something to do with them paying for the wedding, and in reality have the right to ask Kim to either tone it down since this was "their" wedding (Kathy's one the first one), or leave (kind of like the Maitre'd at the Polo Lounge).    Interesting that her son hasn't been heard from - so makes me curious if he's the one left to deal with Kim.

What's next?  Kim Richard arrested in Mexico for refusing to leave hotel?  Rehab turns away Kim Richards for violating terms of agreement?   Wasn't there something recently about her moving?  So, if she doesn't go back to rehab - or if they refuse to have her there - where will she go???   Oh so many question, and no video ;-)  Where were all those people and their phones!!!!  Slackers ;)

• Love 10