Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

There are thousands of professional poker players/games/tournaments all over the world.  There are tournaments on U.S. television where you can watch them play and hear their histories.  A current Big Brother contestant is professional poker player, Vanessa Rousso, who has earned almost $4million in her ten years of playing professionally.

Vince Van Patten is a regular on the Professional Poker Players circuit first as a player than as a commentator. 

• Love 4

Hmmmm, interesting!  I've never paid one iota of attention to poker playing, which is obvious!  lol  I've seen guys playing poker on TV (no women) when my husband has the TV on late.  I got the idea that they were pretty sharp at the game, but I didn't know they were pros.  Thanks for the education!

Lotus Flower, I have to agree with you to some extent.  Monty did enable Kim.  Somehow, though, I have a feeling that he'd OK anything she did because he cares a lot for her.  I can't explain my feelings very well.  Maybe what he did was kind but not wise.

(edited)

Kim out of rehab after 38 days of sobriety??????? http://www.inquisitr.com/2248425/kim-richards-is-out-of-rehab-report/  Wow that is pretty much admitting she was screwed up at her daughter's wedding.  Missed her niece's wedding.  Good luck Kim and relish the premiere of your cameo (among the other twenty) in Sharknado-I smell a comeback.

Not to be mean but there is no way she will be sober/clean 3 months from now, especially if Monty dies during that time. A 30 day rehab is not long enough for a life long alcoholic/drug addict to get truly clean/sober for any length of time. She did a quick fix to influence the courts, Bravo and the general public, NOT to get/stay clean/sober for good. SMDH!

ETA....I am not surprised that she is out though, this has been her pattern with rehab.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

This was like a "Lent" for her. Mexico was her Mardi Gras and  the 38 day rehab stint was her "40 days of Lenten" abstinence. She'll go back to boozing and drinking in no time if she hasn't already.

• Love 10
(edited)

Maybe Kim will try and work with a good out patient program instead of her personal sobriety life coach.  She has no job and no home at the present so out patient seems like a good way to go.  I am curious - where is Kingsley?

Edited by zoeysmom
(edited)

OMG!  So, where is she now? 

I'm beginning to think that her family should give up on her.  Clearly, she doesn't want to get well, and patients who have no desire to fly straight usually don't.  Sooner or later, she'll wind up in jail or Skid Row and decide that anything is better than that, or she'll wind up killing herself.  The family has done everything they can.  I hate saying it, but at the present time, Kim is a lost cause.  Even I, who have never even met her, am tired of the subject.  From now on, I think that Kim's welfare should be up to Kim.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 5

Despite what Monty has said, I don't think she will be welcome at Brooke's house.   Kimberely didn't go to the wedding, and Kim has always relied heavily on her kindness, so I'd bet she went to stay with her.  

• Love 2
(edited)

He's not an asset to Kim, he's an enabler. Keep in mind that he talked this way about her when she was drinking and drugging this past year, and criticized people who were pushing rehab for her. Again, that's called enabling, not supporting.

Yep. Monty's full-time job was, and still is, enabling Kim.

I've never heard of a "professional poker player" before,

Elaine's spouse, Vince, mentioned on that poker night episode about being a professional poker player. Something I already knew about him. Monty plays poker because it is likely a vice.

I don't know, but I think I will have to avoid the freeways. DUI on the loose.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

The idea of Kim being on the road makes me shudder. She should definitely not be allowed to drive. 

I'm sure some part of her is sad that she isn't able to attend but I'd be willing to be that she's loudly saying that she doesn't want to be there anyway to anyone who is still willing to listen to her nonsense. I wonder why Kimberley didn't go? All of the other cousins seem like they were there. Not sure about Chad though. 

• Love 1

Interesting, zoeysmom!  I have a question, though.  If the founding grandfather's name was Brinson, wouldn't he have been Monty's paternal grandfather, not his maternal?  His name was Brinson, and so is Monty's (and, presumably, Monty's father's).  Or am I the one who's confused? 

I was wondering the same thing.

It's possible that he took his mother's maiden name for some reason but that's unusual.

I'm beginning to think that her family should give up on her.  Clearly, she doesn't want to get well, and patients who have no desire to fly straight usually don't.  Sooner or later, she'll wind up in jail or Skid Row and decide that anything is better than that, or she'll wind up killing herself.  The family has done everything they can.  I hate saying it, but at the present time, Kim is a lost cause.  Even I, who have never even met her, am tired of the subject.  From now on, I think that Kim's welfare should be up to Kim.

10 to 1, she is with Monty wherever he is staying this week.

The idea of Kim being on the road makes me shudder. She should definitely not be allowed to drive. 

I'm sure some part of her is sad that she isn't able to attend but I'd be willing to be that she's loudly saying that she doesn't want to be there anyway to anyone who is still willing to listen to her nonsense. I wonder why Kimberley didn't go? All of the other cousins seem like they were there. Not sure about Chad though. 

I suspect that Kim did not go to the wedding so that no one in the family, Kathy/Rich Kyle/Mauricio, would try and stop her. JMO

G Monty Brinson mothers maiden name was Hutchens.    Hutchens founded Food World not a Brinson.  I have no idea what Monty's father did for a living.

OK.........That makes sense.

I was confused because of this post:

George Monty Brinson, maternal grandfather started the stores and one of his uncles remained on after the Harris Teeter merger. 

This is an almost unbelievable turn of events.  The Richards/Hiltons and everyone else associated with Kim are doing a masterful job of keeping silent on her whereabouts unless they don't know where she is.  When you think of all the people who have some kind of contact with Kim (hairdresser, etc.) it's nearly miraculous that word hasn't spilled out about Kim's location.  That leads me to think that she's with one person, and the obvious person seems to be Monty.

I wonder if she pre-planned this exit to occur while the family was in London so they could not get involved  - or, if she is so freaking needy that she decided to try to pull some attention away from the wedding and on to her.

Neither would surprise me.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wonder if she pre-planned this exit to occur while the family was in London so they could not get involved  - or, if she is so freaking needy that she decided to try to pull some attention away from the wedding and on to her.

Neither would surprise me.

IMO, she preplanned this to happen during the wedding so that no one in her family could stop her. She signed herself out in the middle of the night from the reports. I don't think Kimberly or Chad helped but I do suspect that Monty and a friend of his help and that they are staying with that person. I would not be surprised to hear/read that they remarry, despite his claims of only friendship between them. I think/suspect he might feel some responsibility for her life long addiction even though she was doing drugs, by all accounts, before they met. If he didn't before he got sick, I am sure she has him convinced it is all his fault and that he "owes" her by now because she always blames someone else and expects everyone to take care of her.  JMO

ETA: It seems that no one knows if she attended the hearing yesterday or not!   http://www.inquisitr.com/2259858/bravo-star-kim-richards-attended-pre-trial-hearing-after-rehab/

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

I'm not so sure that I'd believe anything in the Star.  The pictures don't look so bad to me.  That empty pool full of odds and ends wasn't very inviting, but guess what?  We don't even know whether it was Kim's pool!  If it was, the picture could have been taken before she even moved in.  In another shot, the pool looked fine, and so did the furniture.  Kim is not living the glam life.  She lives in a rented house in the Valley, and it's not going to look like Beverly Hills.  I think Star was looking for a Kim story, and this is the best they could come up with.  (No offense meant to you, BlackMamba.)

• Love 1

kim%20escape%20caption_zpsllxevhjd.jpg

Great work!!!!

I wonder why Kim would screw up her lease on this house?  It was lovely and now she is back on a house hunt.

• Love 2

Great work!!!!

I wonder why Kim would screw up her lease on this house?  It was lovely and now she is back on a house hunt.

IMO, Kim does not respect anyone or anything that is not "hers", including any rental house. I also really believe that Production/Bravo paid the rent and as she is no longer on the show, her lease is up, the same for Brandi. I think production signed a 1 (Brandi) year and a 2 (Kim) year lease agreement for them, which explains their frequent moves after the season was over. I really don't think either woman could afford to rent homes based on their credit, or lack of, in the areas they lived in while filming. Just a guess though but it is 1 based on the fact that production has paid other HWs rent during filming on other HW shows.

• Love 2

I'm not so sure that I'd believe anything in the Star. The pictures don't look so bad to me. That empty pool full of odds and ends wasn't very inviting, but guess what? We don't even know whether it was Kim's pool! If it was, the picture could have been taken before she even moved in. In another shot, the pool looked fine, and so did the furniture. Kim is not living the glam life. She lives in a rented house in the Valley, and it's not going to look like Beverly Hills. I think Star was looking for a Kim story, and this is the best they could come up with. (No offense meant to you, BlackMamba.)

I think some of the pictures look fine because they're before and after pictures.

• Love 1

Has anyone seen the makeup commercial with Kyle and Tara Reid promoting Sharknado? it seems a little shady that Kim isn't in it since she had the cameo in the movie....not a fan of Kim, but it's a little Mommy Dearest to me.

Has anyone seen the makeup commercial with Kyle and Tara Reid promoting Sharknado? it seems a little shady that Kim isn't in it since she had the cameo in the movie....not a fan of Kim, but it's a little Mommy Dearest to me.

It seems a little Reality Check for me.  The Sharknado producers probably wanted to use Kim in the commercial but did not because a) they were unable to due to Kim's being unavailable due to rehab/court dates or b) they didn't want to due to Kim's bad press this spring.  If they didn't use Kyle, they probably would have used another Real Housewife - so why not Kyle? That's how the industry works; it doesn't wait for Kim.

• Love 1

The movie has a ton of cameos it may have been something contracted way back when the movie was being made.  I would think Kim would be delighted she and Kyle were on the same project.

• Love 1
(edited)

TMZ crashed for me, too.  Before it crashed, I didn't see anything about Kim.  The site gets more frustrating every time I go there.  Do they actually employ a tech?

We've written 99 pages on little Kimmy and her problems, and she STILL hasn't solved them!  C'mon, Kimmy!  Do something great for page 100!!!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4

I thought she looked wasted too.  And any time she starts spouting off how she loves her sobriety I get suspicious.  We've heard it all before.

If she was truly serious about being sober, she would have stayed in rehab or at the very least, continued to attend outpatient meetings. It's not up to Kim to decide when she's ready to leave rehab, it's up to the staff there.

• Love 2

I thought she looked wasted too.  And any time she starts spouting off how she loves her sobriety I get suspicious.  We've heard it all before.

If she was truly serious about being sober, she would have stayed in rehab or at the very least, continued to attend outpatient meetings. It's not up to Kim to decide when she's ready to leave rehab, it's up to the staff there.

Totally agree and can you imagine how her family feels if we feel this way?  I see her out for a nice dinner and I think "You don't deserve to be out on the town" but this is not the right attitude to have either.  When I hear about Kim Richards apologizing to people, then I will know she is on the road to recovery.  I wish the TMZ reporters would ask her if she started making amends yet instead of telling her how great she looked.

• Love 6

Does anyone really say things things like that?  I've never heard anyone talking about how they love their sobriety.  It sounds ridiculous to me.

It reminds me of an infomercial that ran for a while for some exercise equipment where one of the models keeps saying, "I love my abs, I love my abdominals" in that same smarmy tone that Kim uses, though Kim is for sure high when she's saying it.

• Love 3

The guy she was with is Wynn Katz, a high-end "leather goods" designer.   She's been photographed with him before.  I think he's a friend of the family.   E reported that she's living with Kathy & Rick.  Interesting because they are still in Europe.   That house must be a zoo.   Isn't Conrad Hilton under house arrest?  Monty stays there.  Kim's moved in, with no money, no job and no future.  Cripes, if I were Kathy & Rick, I'd stay in Europe.  

That clip TMZ showed, Kim was doing her goofy high voice - not the drunk voice, but the pills have kicked in voice.   She always seemed to think that not drinking means she's sober, and she makes no connection at all the pills, pot or any of her other indulgences.

• Love 5