Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Kim sober is boring, but also another entire "broken record" season storyline of Kim "is she or isn't she drunk and/ or high" is just as boring, tedious,  and is turn the channel worthy.

That's it. Kim, in whatever state, is totally boring. There isn't an interesting thing about her. Everyone else has at least one quality I can relate to. Not Kim. She's just always annoying. 

• Love 3

I think what we are seeing might be Kim's brain damage taking control. It's brutal to watch someone you know succumb to it but it's looking pretty bad to see someone we don't know, fall in.

I honestly don't know if Kim should get any help. She doesn't want it. Maybe at this point, she should just do her thing. Ride the ride until the end and hopefully she doesn't take anyone down with her.

I know that sounds horrible but, damn, at some point you just have to cut your losses. To save your own sanity.

• Love 7
(edited)

At some point the collective Kmi Richards family is going to have to accept that part of alcoholism that includes frequent relapses.  They also will have to accept that Kim can be clean and sober without being in an in patient program. 

Kim sobriety will never be along the lines of the Dr. Drew type sobriety she will always be given to taking antianxiety medicine and if rumors are true an occasional  huff of some inhalant and a few hits off the family bong. 

As far as the show goes she is toast as an example of living a sober life and the last thing I want to hear is Lisar ever talking about addition again. The other RH don't want to hear about it anymore.  We heard it, we have seen active addiction in Kim in every season.  There is no more storyline about whether or not she is sober or should get help.  The story should be here is Kim joining in activities her behavior good or bad should not have even as asterisk as to whether or not she was under the influence.  Monty's terminal illness has run its course as well.  She chose to stay away from him for a significant period of time.

These unconfirmed continuing stories of Kim and her post arrest behavior do nothing but stoke the rumor fire and make Kim seem sympathetic.  Now she will be deemed misunderstood.  Time for Kim to write a long blog, without emojies, or a hundred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or other silly stuff.  She needs to tie up her behavior from last year.  No hiding behind the well-oiled Hilton PR machine.  I would settle for a series of questions from production-like they have done with other RH who seem incapable or unwilling to write a blog.  No special sit down with Andy the impotent interviewer. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Kim's sobriety story may bring initial ratings but before long we will be back to the real Kim who is dreadfully dull and boring.  Remember last year when her entire story line was her dog?  (And that was before he had done anything "interesting"?)  Interest will drop off quickly and people will go to TMZ for Kim news rather than sit through her portions of the show.  She will probably continue to be a royal pain in the ass to the crew and co-stars and that alone could be a major reason to drop her without considering her other liability issues.

I'm not one to say I will never tune in again if she's on or would fast forward through her scenes but I think I would be sick to my stomach if I ever saw her on-screen again proclaiming her love for her children or her care of Monty.  Or all the hard work she has put in on her sobriety.  Disgusting.

At some point the collective Kmi Richards family is going to have to accept that part of alcoholism that includes frequent relapses.  They also will have to accept that Kim can be clean and sober without being in an in patient program. 

Kim sobriety will never be along the lines of the Dr. Drew type sobriety she will always be given to taking antianxiety medicine and if rumors are true an occasional  huff of some inhalant and a few hits off the family bong. 

As far as the show goes she is toast as an example of living a sober life and the last thing I want to hear is Lisar ever talking about addition again. The other RH don't want to hear about it anymore.  We heard it, we have seen active addiction in Kim in every season.  There is no more storyline about whether or not she is sober or should get help.  The story should be here is Kim joining in activities her behavior good or bad should not have even as asterisk as to whether or not she was under the influence.  Monty's terminal illness has run its course as well.  She chose to stay away from him for a significant period of time.

These unconfirmed continuing stories of Kim and her post arrest behavior do nothing but stoke the rumor fire and make Kim seem sympathetic.  Now she will be deemed misunderstood.  Time for Kim to write a long blog, without emojies, or a hundred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or other silly stuff.  She needs to tie up her behavior from last year.  No hiding behind the well-oiled Hilton PR machine.  I would settle for a series of questions from production-like they have done with other RH who seem incapable or unwilling to write a blog.  No special sit down with Andy the impotent interviewer. 

As far as that goes, I'd say LisaR is a plus and Kim is a minus!

• Love 3

I guess I just don't see her "relapsing" per say. I think she's just using and will continue. And it's grabbed a hold of her brain so even if she wanted to stop, she won't. No reason to pretend otherwise, IMO.

Just let her be. It's sad but it's real. It might even be the only "real" thing on this show. That doesn't mean I want to watch it, though.

It's a special dark hell watching an addict slip away from being a fully functional human being. I think we might have already seen that line crossed with Kim. God bless her but....

• Love 3
(edited)

I think it would be in bad faith to claim I actually cared about Kim Richards or her stupid sobriety.  A bigger lie? I think it would be best for RHOBH and their audience if they fired her.  If i cared about Richards, I'd stop posting and do what her shitty family should do: IGNORE.  But while I don't care, I'm deeply invested.  This is easily one of the best "recovery" stories I've ever read/watched. I'm not even sure if Kim Richards is a real person with real children and real consequences.  She's a celeb-rehab hologram living within those parameters.  The only thing I seem to be weirded out by is my own callousness as a poster.  Fuck Kim; what's my bottom? 

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 8

All I have to say is Kyle stick to your guns!

Kyle has done everything she possibly could to aid and recuse Kim and the buck has to stop. Kyle has enabled, protected, cried, begged, lied and loved Kim hard and it has gotten her nowhere. Everyone in the family has. It just ends being more disappointment, let downs, lies, selfishness and excuses. 30 years has been too long or for Kyle 13 years keeping her moms promise to continue. If no one takes Kyle's lead in the family, oh well, she has to do whats best for her and her family now. Shes been weak to Kim for too long she needs to rip the power and strength from her. Kim is her sister but she shouldn't be allowed to see her self destruct or take her abuse any longer. Kim has to save Kim now. If Kim doesnt want to save herself then she will be in sitting in jail or dead.

• Love 7

I know that sounds horrible but, damn, at some point you just have to cut your losses. To save your own sanity.

Which sounds like what Kyle is doing and I don't blame her one bit for stepping away. Kyle and Maurico clearly have been there for Kim in the past, for  emotional and financial support (ie Kyle telling Kim season 1 that Maurico treated her like a second wife). 

But Kyle and Maurico are at a point in their lives where they should be enjoying all their success and what it enables them to do without the weight of Kim hanging over their heads.   There's only so much they can do anyway and so far everything has failed - it doesn't need to be their problem anymore.  And if I were Kyle, I would have no trouble sleeping at night.  None whatsoever.

• Love 4

Funny how it was Kyle and Mauricio who brought her home. Im guessing Kathy must cried a river to Kyle to bring Kim home while in Punta Mita or LA sometime before or after Nicky's bridal shower. Kyle must had said yes but I can promise it must got ugly from the time they "found" Kim onto the plane ride back. Im willing to put top dollar Kim brought up the goddamn house again and attacked both Maurice and Kyle's character about being house thieves and being hurtful. Kyle probably was like enough is enough time for some course of action. Now Kathy and a lesser degree Brandi can really have Kim now.

• Love 4

All I have to say is Kyle stick to your guns!

Kyle has done everything she possibly could to aid and recuse Kim and the buck has to stop. Kyle has enabled, protected, cried, begged, lied and loved Kim hard and it has gotten her nowhere. Everyone in the family has. It just ends being more disappointment, let downs, lies, selfishness and excuses. 30 years has been too long or for Kyle 13 years keeping her moms promise to continue. If no one takes Kyle's lead in the family, oh well, she has to do whats best for her and her family now. Shes been weak to Kim for too long she needs to rip the power and strength from her. Kim is her sister but she shouldn't be allowed to see her self destruct or take her abuse any longer. Kim has to save Kim now. If Kim doesnt want to save herself then she will be in sitting in jail or dead.

This is totally great and spot on, in theory. No offense, please, just passing on my experience. It would be awesome if it worked out like this. I expected my life with my sister to end up this way. It makes the most sense.

It just doesn't always happen like that, though. I've spent 18 days in three different hospitals, in two states, fighting for my toddler's life. That pain can never ever touch the pain I feel over my sister passing from her addiction. Thank God, I've got a 14 year old with two good eyes and a mess of skin grafts. But I also have a box of dust that used to be my sibling.

And two parents that say things like "I don't want you to die, too".

I for real feel for Kyle and Kathy. It's best to just cut Kim off. It's not easy to do, though. And don't even like Kyle. But I can feel for her on this. It's tough.

• Love 11
(edited)

I think between cutting her off and enabling her there is the acceptance phase for the siblings and sadly her children.  I do believe that Kim has suffered some brain impairment and she may just have to live out her life with one of her children paying managing her money and be around her when she chooses not to use.  I would think collectively they would all be there if she truly wanted help.  There is nothing wrong with inviting her out for a bite to eat, dropping by to visit or having her over.  Big events might require some assurances that she be with a sober companion or not attend at all.  Book signings, store openings, baby showers. 

We have a close friend whose father has put them in the acceptance phase.  The years of rehab and detox and minor disagreements with neighbors are a memory and they simply pick and choose when and how they see him.  To me, it took a huge weight off their shoulders, where in the past they were always wondering about Dad's sobriety.  In all candor he is now 85 years old-so that plea of not wanting him to die young has lost a little of its' effectiveness.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Zoeysmom I'm just not interested in a Kim storyline in any way shape or form even if she od's and dies, I don't care, she never has. If they ever run talking heads about her death on RHoBH I'll fast forward. If they have a special memorial episode, I'll watch something else because I just don't care.

I have enjoyed the housewives franchise, most of the cities, but it's sad when you fast forward through most of a new episode and have no desire to re-watch a particular season during a marathon because it has become tedious.

• Love 4

Funny how it was Kyle and Mauricio who brought her home. Im guessing Kathy must cried a river to Kyle to bring Kim home while in Punta Mita or LA sometime before or after Nicky's bridal shower. Kyle must had said yes but I can promise it must got ugly from the time they "found" Kim onto the plane ride back. Im willing to put top dollar Kim brought up the goddamn house again and attacked both Maurice and Kyle's character about being house thieves and being hurtful. Kyle probably was like enough is enough time for some course of action. Now Kathy and a lesser degree Brandi can really have Kim now.

From how I read the TMZ article, it sounded like they weren't with her on the ride home.   They had gone down to Mexico, so probably hired somebody to go get her, drag her drunk ass to the plane, and left it at that, and went about their vacation.    I read somewhere she was staying at a hotel with a friend.   Does Kim have any friends? 

• Love 4

From how I read the TMZ article, it sounded like they weren't with her on the ride home.   They had gone down to Mexico, so probably hired somebody to go get her, drag her drunk ass to the plane, and left it at that, and went about their vacation.    I read somewhere she was staying at a hotel with a friend.   Does Kim have any friends? 

Who knows how long she has known this "friend" she stayed with! This may have been a "friend" to/with her like Ken was, in other words, friend = drug buddy, just a guess though.

• Love 2

Who knows how long she has known this "friend" she stayed with! This may have been a "friend" to/with her like Ken was, in other words, friend = drug buddy, just a guess though.

Remind me, how do we know Ken was a drug buddy?  What was the Ken deal? 

That was the accusation or the assumption of viewers because of the Hawaii trip and that limo ride where Kim was as high as a kite going through the limo garbage. Also, Kim's kids stopped living with her when she moved in with him.

• Love 1

Yes, I didn't get the impression that they interacted with her at all, just as you said, sent someone to get her drunk ass home to the US.  There is a difference between leaving your sister to her own devices in the United States where US laws apply, and leaving her in Mexico, where there's the very real possibility that she might be kidnapped by a drug cartel and held for ransom.  I also need to point out here that I'm slightly paranoid and may watch too much crime TV.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that Kyle and Mauricio are the only ones willing to hold the line.

• Love 4

I read somewhere she was staying at a hotel with a friend. Does Kim have any friends?

Kim has no friends if she does they are the Brandi type enabling friends who wont call her out or try to save her from herself. Remember how she views Brandi as her best friend?

I also need to point out here that I'm slightly paranoid and may watch too much crime TV.

Im the same way. Dont feel guilty.

• Love 5

I believe Kyle has been fully aware that her sister was drinking/using for a long time. When Brandi attacked Kyle for being dismissive when Brandi called her about Kim, I believe that was Kyle putting up the wall and standing firm that she wasn't going down that road with Kim again.

For her kids sake, I hope that Kim can turn it around, but if/when she does, I hope she actually takes some time to make amends with all the people she's hurt. For the past few years, she's reminded others of how she has been hurt, but not once have I heard her mention remorse for how she's hurt others. For me this has proven that she's a complete narcissist and/or that she never really even attempted to sober up.

• Love 4
(edited)
I do believe that Kim has suffered some brain impairment and she may just have to live out her life with one of her children paying managing her money and be around her when she chooses not to use.  I would think collectively they would all be there if she truly wanted help.  There is nothing wrong with inviting her out for a bite to eat, dropping by to visit or having her over.

I agree with you.  A friend took this approach with her alcoholic, narcissistic mother.  She would call daily to speak with her ailing parents, but the moment her mother "started" with any kind of vicious speech, she'd say "okay, gotta go, night, Mom!"  and she'd hang up.  (She had served notice that she would no longer take or listen to abuse directed at others, so her mother knew exactly why she was hanging up).  The hangups got further and further apart, but still happened fairly regularly when he mother's need to unload surpassed her need for contact.  

She did the same on her weekly visits -- as soon as her mother started, it was "okay, gotta go! bye!" and out the door they'd go.  Her parents were really into seeing her dog that she brought with her each time, so they learned to restrain themselves.  Honestly, it was like training a dog.  

The behavior never went away -- my friend just learned to excuse herself from its presence.  Her parents were elderly and dependent, however -- I'm not sure Kim's at that point yet where that approach would work, because she'd chase you out to the driveway and hurl bricks at your car, or show up at your house and do doughnuts around your front lawn while screaming "I won't be IGNORED!"

Which means NO contact is probably best, at least for Kyle.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2

So, she's apparently back in rehab - but not the one she was in before she left (duh, you don't keep up your end of the agreement, they don't have you back).   Well, this way her atty can tell the judge she'd love to be there, but gosh she's in rehab.   Wherever she is, I bet she volunteers for cleaning duty.  There is nothing Kim likes more than a tidy place and cleaning supplies.

• Love 1

The behavior never went away -- my friend just learned to excuse herself from its presence.  Her parents were elderly and dependent, however -- I'm not sure Kim's at that point yet where that approach would work, because she'd chase you out to the driveway and hurl bricks at your car, or show up at your house and do doughnuts around your front lawn while screaming "I won't be IGNORED!"

What do you mean by "do doughnuts?" I have a sneaking suspicion this might mean you're saying Kim would resort to defecating on someone's lawn if they tried to shut her out?

Sadly, I could see that happening.

What do you mean by "do doyourhnuts?" I have a sneaking suspicion this might mean you're saying Kim would resort to defecating on someone's lawn if they tried to shut her out?

Sadly, I could see that happening.

Doing donuts means driving your car in a tight circle as fast as you can, although I like your definition better!

• Love 6

Im reading she too has gone into a less plush rehab. Kim and lawyers knows whats up. Rumor has it there is some type of plea deal. You put her into rehab now and try making an ass out of the judge next week.

So, she's apparently back in rehab - but not the one she was in before she left

Notnowi'mbusy,  Huh???  Where did you read this?  I'm having a "duh" moment.  That hit me out of the blue.  People were talking about how she could wander the streets, etc., and all of a sudden this comes along.   :))

I read either on TMZ or Radar that the "coach" who accompanied Kim to Mexico was her Pilates instructor, but that the two had never met because Kim isn't into Pilates.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that's almost exactly what it said.

On for a moment to Nicky's wedding.  The Orangerie beside Kensington Palace is a surprising spot for a wedding.  I've been in there.  They serve tea in the afternoons, and it's big with tourists.  It's a SMALL, glass structure that is all glass.  Looks like a greenhouse.  It's somewhat long but extremely narrow, with tables down one side of it.  The servers can barely walk down the thing without bumping into  people because it's that close inside.  We were there on a July afternoon when the temperature was 90 degrees.  Inside that place, with no air-conditioning, it had to be 115 degrees!  It was literally stifling!  I couldn't wait to get back outside, and neither could anyone else.  I can't believe anyone would be married there, royal fan or not!  I told my husband about it, and he looked at me like he couldn't believe it either.  That idea seems about as dumb to me as Nicky's childish dress was at her shower.  Maybe they can make it work, but I'm anxious to see how.

Notnowi'mbusy,  Huh???  Where did you read this?  I'm having a "duh" moment.  That hit me out of the blue.  People were talking about how she could wander the streets, etc., and all of a sudden this comes along.   :))

I read either on TMZ or Radar that the "coach" who accompanied Kim to Mexico was her Pilates instructor, but that the two had never met because Kim isn't into Pilates.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that's almost exactly what it said.

On for a moment to Nicky's wedding.  The Orangerie beside Kensington Palace is a surprising spot for a wedding.  I've been in there.  They serve tea in the afternoons, and it's big with tourists.  It's a SMALL, glass structure that is all glass.  Looks like a greenhouse.  It's somewhat long but extremely narrow, with tables down one side of it.  The servers can barely walk down the thing without bumping into  people because it's that close inside.  We were there on a July afternoon when the temperature was 90 degrees.  Inside that place, with no air-conditioning, it had to be 115 degrees!  It was literally stifling!  I couldn't wait to get back outside, and neither could anyone else.  I can't believe anyone would be married there, royal fan or not!  I told my husband about it, and he looked at me like he couldn't believe it either.  That idea seems about as dumb to me as Nicky's childish dress was at her shower.  Maybe they can make it work, but I'm anxious to see how.

I think the wedding itself is in Italy, a least that is what is being reported.

I believe the cover story for the sober companion was that he/she was Kim's pilates instructor and that's why they were there.  I guess Kim and/or Kathy didn't want it widely known that Kim had a babysitter for the wedding.

Kim's sobriety story may bring initial ratings but before long we will be back to the real Kim who is dreadfully dull and boring.  Remember last year when her entire story line was her dog?  (And that was before he had done anything "interesting"?)  Interest will drop off quickly and people will go to TMZ for Kim news rather than sit through her portions of the show.  She will probably continue to be a royal pain in the ass to the crew and co-stars and that alone could be a major reason to drop her without considering her other liability issues.

Exactly - she's just not interesting.  At all. Even her talking heads put me to sleep. 

Who wants to go through another season of Kim "in recovery?"  Might as well just stick in clips of her in previous seasons and call it a day because we've seen it all before.  Oh maybe she and Brandi can wear disguises and hunt down Brandi's BF like that wasn't a snoozefest.

And, if her storyline will be Monty's passing - geez - how depressing is that? 

• Love 5

I told you guys she'd meet someone in Mexico and that they'd move in together. ;-p

• Love 3

Kim has a full on agent-Bette Smith, she is also Kyle and Kathy's agent.  So no real secret where these verified updates are coming from.  Twenty eight days should have her out in plenty of time for the wedding in London.

• Love 1

Kim has a full on agent-Bette Smith, she is also Kyle and Kathy's agent.  So no real secret where these verified updates are coming from.  Twenty eight days should have her out in plenty of time for the wedding in London.

Heh, imagine Kim and Conrad on the same flight.

• Love 8

Kim has a full on agent-Bette Smith, she is also Kyle and Kathy's agent. So no real secret where these verified updates are coming from. Twenty eight days should have her out in plenty of time for the wedding in London.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The minute Kim gets probation shes bailing on rehab.

But I do believe Kathy has probably forwarned her and Conrad they will not embarrass her in front of the billionaire family.

• Love 5

Sounds like that old joke:

my dog never leaves my yard - - >

when my dog leaves my yard he's always under control and on a leash - - >

I don't have a dog

• Love 2

And we're off! If she were a horse in a race I wouldn't lay odds, I'd call the knacker to haul her carcass to the glue factory.

Heh, imagine Kim and Conrad on the same flight.

The pilot would fly low to avoid depressurization so the stewardesses could pop the door and the passengers could toss them out.

• Love 7
(edited)

The minute Kim gets probation shes bailing on rehab.

Probably true unless completing rehab is a condition of her probation.  

If that's the case and she leaves rehab, she'll probably go to jail.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Probably true unless completing rehab is a condition of her probation.  

If that's the case and she leaves rehab, she'll probably go to jail.

Might be the best thing for her.

• Love 6
(edited)

RE: Kim saying that Kingsley "isn't her dog, it's Monty's dog" reminds me of a Peter Sellers movie. Sellers comes across this man and a dog and Sellers asks the man "Does your dog bite?" The man replies "No." Sellers reaches down to pet the dog and the dog ferociously attacks his arm. Sellers says "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!" The man said "Thats not my dog"

Edited by dimo
  • Love 13
(edited)

Just the fact it reads Kim is back in rehab for alcohol tells me it is a PR move of some sort. Chick has bigger issues than just alcohol.

Agreed. Sadly that's the only thing she and her family wants to address. If she cant drink, paint thinners via huffing and/or pills will fill the void.

Ah another day another lawsuit against Kim because of her dog!!!

New twist is that she says Kingsley isn't her dog - it belongs to Monty!!!!!

Kim is a piece of work. If she allows Monty to take responsibility for that dog then what soul would she have left...

This has to be the place - the only 6 bed facility in that area. http://www.bridgestorecovery.com/los-angeles-residential-facilities/

Figures. Shes gonna play by her own rules. The place is beautiful though. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Of course our Kim can't go to just any rehab - or a rehab that would really make a difference .   The latest!   $50K just to get in the door!!!

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/kim-richards-new-rehab/

This has to be the place - the only 6 bed facility in that area.  http://www.bridgestorecovery.com/los-angeles-residential-facilities/

They only treat alcoholism and pot smokers, they do not treat drug abusers like Kim. If this is where she is, I hope they realize that she does drugs, a lot of different drugs including huffing.

• Love 2

Interesting I checked out the site for Bridges and it's interesting that it's main deal isn't alcohol/drug rehab, but "mental issues".  I wonder if the family finally grabbed a clue that it isn't just booze & pills - but Kim is just nuts!!

• Love 5