Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

How does a sober companion work at an event?  If I was Kim's sober companion (and I never thought I'd be typing those words), I would go to the event with her and say "Go and have a good time.  Just know at the end of the night you will be peeing in a cup for me. And again tomorrow for good measure."  And then I'd go have fun too - dancing with those Richards and Hiltons and Fatburger people.  Does it have to be more complicated than that?

I think the sober companion has to shadow the addict, be by her side at all times (even the bathroom - Kim's favorite hideout!).

I'm still questioning whether Kim's really in rehab. I guess we'll find out if Kim attends the wedding, but Dr. Phil is certainly not footing the bill for a sober companion. That's just another story fabricated by Radar Online.

• Love 4

Shit!  I've missed out on so much!  

Why did I NOT think to look here after news of little Kimmy broke?  Time to read through pages and pages of snark!

I just watched a bit of the Dr. Phil thing--Jesus Christ, her kids are fucking fed up with her shit.  What a selfish bitch.

• Love 7

Well, okay.  I just watched the whole Dr. Phil ep, which...yes, I'm on the slow boat these days.

Kim, you know who you can trust?  Your fucking children who are sitting across from you, watching you lie your ass off AGAIN on camera, giving many fucks about you.  What an insufferable bitch of a woman.  I couldn't believe how she was talking to both her daughters but then again it's Kim, so of course, I can.  I for one am ecstatic that Chad opened his mouth.  

Even if Kim refuses to heal, her children can--by stopping all the secrets and telling the truth.   

• Love 10
(edited)

Sorry, no offense intended, but I just can't go along with the theory that Kim isn't really in rehab.  In the first place, Kim and Kathie are very close sisters, and I think that Kathie wouldn't put up with Kim going on the way she was.  She wouldn't hear of it, not only for Kim's sake but for the sake of Kim's children. 

Secondly, psychoanalyze Kim with me for a moment.  One of Kim's top priorities is getting attention.  We've seen this ourselves on the shows and reunions in the past.  She's proud of her stardom, proud of being famous, and there's little she loves more than being recognized for being Kim Richards.  I think that Kim, after all this hoopla, would be recognized everywhere she tried to go.  There hasn't been a sighting reported, and you know there would be.  The paparazzi are watching for her like hawks.  She's "top of the news."  Right now, she can revel in the fact that she's hiding out in some rehab place that nobody knows, and she's the object of everyone's guesses as to where she is.  She'd like that.  Thirdly, Beverly Hills is a very small area, and word would be out about anyone like Kim , especially if rehab were a lie.  I'm convinced that many people know where she is, but they're not talking out of courtesy to the children and family.  Rehab workers also talk to each other, and if she weren't in a Malibu facility, word would have gotten out by now.

Finally, would her children allow Kim to skip out?  Judging from the way they were on Dr. Phil, especially Chad, I doubt it.  I think they'd hound her clear up to the front door of a facility.  I'm sorry, but that theory doesn't hold water for me.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4

FaithsMum, thank you for your brave attempt to educate us further into the mindset of an addict.  Your story is compelling, and I wish you the very best in healing.  I have a good feeling that one of these days, your daughters will have a mum that they can look up to and admire for her toughness and courage in beating the demons that plague many people.  Best of luck to you.

• Love 12

Radar Online Reports:

KIM RICHARDS WILL LEAVE REHAB FACILITY AND THE COUNTRY FOR DAUGHTER'S WEDDING

According to Radar, Kim made arrangements with the rehab facility before agreeing to enter that she could leave for her daughter's wedding bash.  She reportedly received permission and will attend the event in another country.  A staffer will attend the wedding with Kim to make sure that she doesn't drink or take pills.  Dr. Phil is paying for the staffer's costs to accompany Kim.  Radar's item was semi-critical by asking the question "Is Kim Richards more interested in curing her addiction or attending her daughter's wedding?"  (paraphrased)

I guess the question now is, Will Kim return to the facility after the wedding, or will she decide to stay at home?  Once she's out, will she insist on seeing Kingsley? 

If Kim even lasts in rehab by the date she's scheduled to be released to attend her daughter's so-called wedding I'll be surprised. I don't really believe Kim wants recovery. I think she's playing around. Until she addresses her drug addiction in addition to alcoholism then it's all bs to me. Even if she does address the drug addiction, I will always be sceptical. Whether she returns to rehab after the "wedding" I confess I don't much care. I am pretty compassionate generally and I tend to give people second and third chances, but Kim Richards has turned me stone cold and I don't believe anything that comes out of her lying pie hole. And yes, I am sure Kim will insist on seeing and make every effort to bring Kingsley home, because that's her "son" <eyeroll>.

• Love 8
(edited)

Thank you WireWraps, EVS and Lura for your kind words.

Radar's item was semi-critical by asking the question "Is Kim Richards more interested in curing her addiction or attending her daughter's wedding?" (paraphrased)

I can't really hate on Kim for wanting to attend her daughter's wedding. This is purely hypothetical since its Kim and we all know what she's like but recovering from any addiction is hard fucking work. It is absolutely something you have to actively work at, not just sit around passively hoping everything will fall into place. Having a "break" from it now and again particularly if there are checks to ensure you'll behave yourself (in Kim's case supervision) is a good thing and it reminds you there is life outside whatever facility you're currently in, and can act as a motivation to push harder to rejoin the world.

The thing about treatment is you become obsessed with everything you are missing on the outside - or at least I do. Although the law keeps me where I am so I don't have the luxury of being able to negotiate like Kim apparently can. If the answer is "no" then it's no and there's not a whole lot I can do about it since I legally cannot leave and if the answers "yes" then I don't have the option to not return as they'll quite literally (and have) drag me back kicking and screaming. Anyhow, it's pretty easy to become focused on attending that one thing so for Kim her daughters wedding and it doesn't necessarily mean one isn't trying or doesn't care about her recovery but there's a certain kind of desperation you feel to be part of as much as you can in the lives of your family.

Of course, this is Kim so it's likely she's being the same arsehole she's always been. I feel bad being so mean about an addict when I have a laundry list of problems myself but, Christ, she makes it so difficult for me to empathise or relate. Kim's old enough to be my mother - in fact I think she's the same age as my mother and at 50 years of age has not apparently learned personal responsibility and taking accountability for your actions. Addiction doesn't give you a free pass. Like when she screamed at, was it Lisa R? that she doesn't know what it's like at night for her. Maybe not, addiction is hell particularly if you're trying to drag yourself out of it - but that doesn't give her a pass to abuse those around her. Hey Kim, that's not because you're an alcoholic, that's because you're an arsehole.

Is this real treatment she's in?? I'm in the UK so I'm not privy to housewife gossip the same - plus I'm really, really behind and have only just binge watched the most recent seasons of BH and Atlanta over the last week.

Edited by FaithsMum
  • Love 12

Look, here's the thing, Kim Richards isn't just a substance abuser, she also has a personality disorder. Many have talked about her being a narcissist and I think that is what Dr. Phil was alluding to when he mentioned mental illness disorders and wanting her to go into a dual-diagnosis facility. I think we've all seen that side of her when she is stone cold sober and acts like a viscous pit bull (ah ha, that makes more sense now with her dog, doesn't it? Kingsley acts out how she feels, and does things she wishes she could do, like bite people. And yes, I'm serious!). The way she spoke to her children when she left the interview, we've heard that dagger-like, angry, nasty tone from her behind closed doors before. She is a viscous, mentally ill person.

When you put together a narcissist - which really is the biggest and most destructive sort of fame whore there is when you think about it - and a substance abuser, you get Kim. And without the substance abuse Kim Richards is a has-been nothing. I mean, she is a has-been, but in her pickled and drug-addled mind the substance abuse gets her the fame and headlines she craves so deeply. If she gets sober, truly sober, she wont be in any headlines, nobody will be watching her every move, nobody will care who Kim Richards is nor what she is doing. She will fade into obscurity, and to a narcissist like Kim, fading into the obscurity of an everyday life like the rest of us schmoes is not something she would ever want. So yeah, I don't think sobriety and Kim Richards can co-exist, at least not without substantial, ongoing, deep, deep psychotherapy.  And honestly, I've met some great, amazing therapists over my lifetime, and nearly all of them refuse to treat narcissists because they feel it's a waste of time.  So good luck finding someone willing to treat the most destructive part her problems. I think the substance abuse is a much smaller and more correctable issue, compared to the narcissism, which is nigh on impossible to "fix".

All I know is, get this sick person off my TV screen because watching a mentally ill person isn't what I consider "entertainment". Bravo needs to get its head out of its ass and do the right thing, even if Andy Cohen wont.

• Love 13

$20 says she doesn't go back to rehab after the wedding.   She's going claim that after spending time at Brooke's wedding with her family and the friends that truly care about her, she realized that their love and support is all she needs to heal and be successful in her sobriety. Blah. Blah. Blah.

• Love 15
(edited)

Oh Madame Richards,

Never have I knowingly tuned in to see an alcoholic's denial instead of the sordid admission.  

You have turned the very genre around. 

(I'd feel bad for this whole family, but I think they might be bag-of-hair dumb across the board)

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sounds like Dr Phil is paying for a sober companion to keep an eye on Kim. I dont know if thats gonna work. 

Rightly so, a designated Sober Companion is the mark of all deeply non-committed folks in recovery.  Seriously, every time I hear that a celebrity has some Very Special bodyguard against relapse, it's only a matter of time.  Come on Phil, at this point, you are enabling.  Kim is an ass.  

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sorry, no offense intended, but I just can't go along with the theory that Kim isn't really in rehab. In the first place, Kim and Kathie are very close sisters, and I think that Kathie wouldn't put up with Kim going on the way she was. She wouldn't hear of it, not only for Kim's sake but for the sake of Kim's children.

Secondly, psychoanalyze Kim with me for a moment. One of Kim's top priorities is getting attention. We've seen this ourselves on the shows and reunions in the past. She's proud of her stardom, proud of being famous, and there's little she loves more than being recognized for being Kim Richards. I think that Kim, after all this hoopla, would be recognized everywhere she tried to go. There hasn't been a sighting reported, and you know there would be. The paparazzi are watching for her like hawks. She's "top of the news." Right now, she can revel in the fact that she's hiding out in some rehab place that nobody knows, and she's the object of everyone's guesses as to where she is. She'd like that. Thirdly, Beverly Hills is a very small area, and word would be out about anyone like Kim , especially if rehab were a lie. I'm convinced that many people know where she is, but they're not talking out of courtesy to the children and family. Rehab workers also talk to each other, and if she weren't in a Malibu facility, word would have gotten out by now.

Finally, would her children allow Kim to skip out? Judging from the way they were on Dr. Phil, especially Chad, I doubt it. I think they'd hound her clear up to the front door of a facility. I'm sorry, but that theory doesn't hold water for me.

I guess I don't see Kathy as this "tough love, get help or else" kind of sister. Someone, a lot of someone's has been enabling Kim and that includes Kathy, for many many years

Kathy seems to be a terrible person and her children are shitty people. They have terrible attitudes and all have done things that are right up there with Kim. Being arrested for drugs, violence ect.

This is why I can't believe the statement that, Kathy wouldn't let Kim go on this way. The truth Kim has been like this for years.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13

Trying to do Andy-think here . . . . could the designated Sober Companion be Kim's storyline for next season?  They become friends, they go everywhere together, they giggle, they laugh, they cry.....a re-birth if you will (until it fails).

It would keep Kyle and Kathy happy.

I really believe that Kyle and/or Kathy are pulling the strings on the rehab and Sober Companion stories.  I think the sisters want Kim to stay on the show.  Otherwise guess who will be supporting her.

• Love 2

Radar Online Reports:

KIM RICHARDS WILL LEAVE REHAB FACILITY AND THE COUNTRY FOR DAUGHTER'S WEDDING

According to Radar, Kim made arrangements with the rehab facility before agreeing to enter that she could leave for her daughter's wedding bash.  She reportedly received permission and will attend the event in another country.  A staffer will attend the wedding with Kim to make sure that she doesn't drink or take pills.  Dr. Phil is paying for the staffer's costs to accompany Kim.  Radar's item was semi-critical by asking the question "Is Kim Richards more interested in curing her addiction or attending her daughter's wedding?"  (paraphrased)

I guess the question now is, Will Kim return to the facility after the wedding, or will she decide to stay at home?  Once she's out, will she insist on seeing Kingsley? 

I don't think she will go back in. She will promise to continue to do rehab from home and gradually stop over the course of a few months, like she did the last time 3 years ago.

Thank you WireWraps, EVS and Lura for your kind words.

I can't really hate on Kim for wanting to attend her daughter's wedding. This is purely hypothetical since its Kim and we all know what she's like but recovering from any addiction is hard fucking work. It is absolutely something you have to actively work at, not just sit around passively hoping everything will fall into place. Having a "break" from it now and again particularly if there are checks to ensure you'll behave yourself (in Kim's case supervision) is a good thing and it reminds you there is life outside whatever facility you're currently in, and can act as a motivation to push harder to rejoin the world.

The thing about treatment is you become obsessed with everything you are missing on the outside - or at least I do. Although the law keeps me where I am so I don't have the luxury of being able to negotiate like Kim apparently can. If the answer is "no" then it's no and there's not a whole lot I can do about it since I legally cannot leave and if the answers "yes" then I don't have the option to not return as they'll quite literally (and have) drag me back kicking and screaming. Anyhow, it's pretty easy to become focused on attending that one thing so for Kim her daughters wedding and it doesn't necessarily mean one isn't trying or doesn't care about her recovery but there's a certain kind of desperation you feel to be part of as much as you can in the lives of your family.

Of course, this is Kim so it's likely she's being the same arsehole she's always been. I feel bad being so mean about an addict when I have a laundry list of problems myself but, Christ, she makes it so difficult for me to empathise or relate. Kim's old enough to be my mother - in fact I think she's the same age as my mother and at 50 years of age has not apparently learned personal responsibility and taking accountability for your actions. Addiction doesn't give you a free pass. Like when she screamed at, was it Lisa R? that she doesn't know what it's like at night for her. Maybe not, addiction is hell particularly if you're trying to drag yourself out of it - but that doesn't give her a pass to abuse those around her. Hey Kim, that's not because you're an alcoholic, that's because you're an arsehole.

Is this real treatment she's in?? I'm in the UK so I'm not privy to housewife gossip the same - plus I'm really, really behind and have only just binge watched the most recent seasons of BH and Atlanta over the last week.

Your Welcome.

The problem for me, just me, is that this is a pattern we have seen Kim repeat since the show began. She goes into rehab, leaves early then relapses after a few months and I do not believe that pattern will change this time either.

She refused to go to the facility Dr Phil picked out for her despite the fact it met with her 2 main conditions, it was local and she would get to attend her daughters wedding. At the end of the DP show, he says that he "was told/informed Kim went into rehab" and that he "wished her well", had she gone to the facility he made arrangements for, he would have known for fact that she was there. The way he said it made me think he either questioned the facility's credentials/methods/legitimacy or he has doubts that Kim went into rehab at all.

I call BS on Dr Phil paying for a "sober companion/coach/babysitter" for her, IMO, this is PR spin by Kim's team/manager, to try and get some brownie points back because of the viewer backlash Kim has gotten over how she behaved after she walked out of the interview. They have to make it seem as if DP approves/supports what Kim is doing and I do not believe he does, his attitude was very clear to me, he was/is done with her.

Trying to do Andy-think here . . . . could the designated Sober Companion be Kim's storyline for next season?  They become friends, they go everywhere together, they giggle, they laugh, they cry.....a re-birth if you will (until it fails).

I really believe that Kyle and/or Kathy are pulling the strings on the rehab and Sober Companion stories.  I think the sisters want Kim to stay on the show.  Otherwise guess who will be supporting her.

I am no longer sure that Kyle is a part of this but I agree this has Kathy's hand all over it. I am sure that Kathy is desperate for Kim to keep her HW job, other wise those 4 phone calls a day will increase to about 1,000 a day! LOL

• Love 11

I guess I don't see Kathy as this "tough love, get help or else" kind of sister. Someone, a lot of someone's have been enabling Kim and that includes Kathy, for many many years

And Kathy seems to be a terrible person and her children are shitty people. They have terrible attitudes and all have done things that are right up there with Kim. Being arrested for drugs, violence ect.

This is why I can't believe the statement that, Kathy wouldn't let Kim go on this way. The truth Kim has been like this for years.

I agree. I always believed Kathy raised her kids with nannies anyhow. 3 of 4 children have been arrested either for coke possession, disordely conduct etc. I see why Kim salvas all over Kathy's Prada shoes. Someone here smartly pointed out that Kathy might have been a party girl in her day with Kim and who knows Kathy might have done some drugs too back in the days. We'll never know since Lil Kathy takes a lot after her mother with keeping things low key until one of her rugrats gets busted.

• Love 5

I am no longer sure that Kyle is a part of this but I agree this has Kathy's hand all over it. I am sure that Kathy is desperate for Kim to keep her HW job, other wise those 4 phone calls a day will increase to about 1,000 a day! LOL

• Love 3

Kathy has probably promised Andy and Evolution employees huge discounts anytime they spend time at any Hilton hotel with their employee package.

LOL I can see her promising them this even though they have nothing to do with the Hotel chain! She needs to warn Andy not to use her name as a reference though, they, Kathy/Rich/kids, are not well like among the rest of the Hilton clan! LOL

• Love 3

I'm way behind and just binge watched the entire season over the last few days.

I'm going to preface this rant by saying I'm a recovering addict. Until six months ago I was clean and had been for three years (not Kim clean, actually clean) but in addition to addiction I also have anorexia and my husband had me sectioned under the Mental Health Act. I do not have the right to make medical decisions for myself, at the moment and that includes opiod analgesics which unfortunately are the drugs I abused. Truthfully, I love and loathe it in equal measures. There's still that something in me which likes to be high because it gives me a peace I otherwise don't have but at the same time I am terrified and pissed off that I'm no longer "clean."

I don't understand Kim's mindset on people questioning her sobriety particularly Kyle. As far as I'm concerned, I'm an addict and anorexic so if my husband or my parents etc are concerned that I'm high or not eating then they absolutely have the right to question me about it since I have (and continue to do so with my anorexia) put them through hell. Unlike Kim though I am able to take responsibility for my actions; she loves to claim that questioning her sobriety is likely to make her relapse because then the responsibility is on them, not her, if she does. At least in her mind. Mostly I'm overwhelming grateful that despite the hell I put those around me through they continue to love me still. I do not see that in Kim at all.

Kim is not the only victim of her addiction and it's hugely arrogant and self involved of her to believe so. Her family, especially Kyle and her children, are victims too and when you're an addict, you irreparably damage those who love you. It took a long, long time for my husband to "trust" me; when he would come home from work I could see he was mentally checking for "signs" I had used that day. If I was late back from somewhere he would panic I'd taken a detour to acquire drugs. I don't blame him for that because I did that to him, I made him that insecure.

Kim is never going to recover until she starts owning her shit and acknowledging she's not a victim in her own life, those who love her are. She would also benefit from some brutal honesty although I'm not sure how self aware she is to actually listen and if she'd take it as everyone was picking on her. When I was first sectioned I was furious and fought everyone over everything because I did not want to let the anorexia go (this is the third time I've been sectioned for it) but my friend told me that if I do not recover my three daughters are going to end up exactly like me and in ten years time I will be visiting them in hospital. It broke my heart but it's also the greatest gift anyone could have gave me - because it changed everything and for the first time I wanted recovery more than I wanted my eating disorder.

All this top-toeing around Kim is just enabling her. However, Kim is so self absorbed since everything is always about her she would probably just see something like that as people being mean to poor, addict Kim who's trying so hard.

Thank you Faithsmum for sharing your story on this board & your insight to addiction. You show commitment and determination...which I believe Kim lacks. Sending Hugs your way...I wish you all the best

• Love 8
(edited)

Very ironic that Kim's sober companion gets to go to the second wedding and Kyle doesn't.

Edited by rehoboth
  • Love 7

Very ironic that Kim's sober companion gets to go to the second wedding and Kyle doesn't.

Lol I didn't think of that!

If Kyle is as close to Kim's kids as it sounds, I have a feeling Brooke will make sure Kyle is there. It is her day not Kim's.

• Love 3
(edited)

Lol I didn't think of that!

If Kyle is as close to Kim's kids as it sounds, I have a feeling Brooke will make sure Kyle is there. It is her day not Kim's.

True but Brooke knows her mother is crazy as shit too. She doesnt need her mother to be having a BF on her big day neither and making it about her. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
(edited)

Why would Dr Phil pay for a sober companion for Kim if she didn't go to the facility he arranged? I also call BS on that.

As I have mentioned up thread, there has been no disclosure of a particular facility Kim is allegedly attending, and even Dr Phil couldn't wrap up his interview program with any definitive information about Kim going to rehab or a particular rehab facility. So... Jury is out. I don't believe she is at a rehab facility, although I truly hope she is. Just my opinion.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 5

I really wish Kim would give her kid a break and not insist on attending the wedding.  She's obviously not well enough to attend a big party if she needs a sober companion to babysit her.  Brooke was kind enough to go through with a Bravo wedding to give her mother a storyline and it sounds like this wedding would be more meaningful and enjoyable for her with the people she really wants there and no cameras.  Kim will just be a distraction and a worry.  The best wedding gift Kim could give her daughter would be to stay in rehab and work hard on getting well.

• Love 15
(edited)

Sorry, no offense intended, but I just can't go along with the theory that Kim isn't really in rehab. In the first place, Kim and Kathie are very close sisters, and I think that Kathie wouldn't put up with Kim going on the way she was. She wouldn't hear of it, not only for Kim's sake but for the sake of Kim's children.

Secondly, psychoanalyze Kim with me for a moment. One of Kim's top priorities is getting attention. We've seen this ourselves on the shows and reunions in the past. She's proud of her stardom, proud of being famous, and there's little she loves more than being recognized for being Kim Richards. I think that Kim, after all this hoopla, would be recognized everywhere she tried to go. There hasn't been a sighting reported, and you know there would be. The paparazzi are watching for her like hawks. She's "top of the news." Right now, she can revel in the fact that she's hiding out in some rehab place that nobody knows, and she's the object of everyone's guesses as to where she is. She'd like that. Thirdly, Beverly Hills is a very small area, and word would be out about anyone like Kim , especially if rehab were a lie. I'm convinced that many people know where she is, but they're not talking out of courtesy to the children and family. Rehab workers also talk to each other, and if she weren't in a Malibu facility, word would have gotten out by now.

Finally, would her children allow Kim to skip out? Judging from the way they were on Dr. Phil, especially Chad, I doubt it. I think they'd hound her clear up to the front door of a facility. I'm sorry, but that theory doesn't hold water for me.

I have zero doubt that Kathy loves Kim. I also have zero doubt that she loves her children. Yet the article below shows how her love and support matter not in her ability to control the behavior and decisions of those that she loves. I would assume that if she had any real control to offer that her own child would not be in this situation. This was happening about the same time as Kim would have been reporting to rehab.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3065367/Conrad-Hilton-house-arrest-admitting-smoking-marijuana-violating-terms-100k-bond-case-10-hour-meltdown-LA-flight.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

I have zero doubt that Kathy loves Kim. I also have zero doubt that she loves her children. Yet the article below shows how her love and support matter not in her ability to control the behavior and decisions of those that she loves. I would assume that if she had any real control to offer that her own child would not be in this situation. This was happening about the same time as Kim would have been reporting to rehab.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3065367/Conrad-Hilton-house-arrest-admitting-smoking-marijuana-violating-terms-100k-bond-case-10-hour-meltdown-LA-flight.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

In an ode to Kim .....whew, let's talk about the family!

• Love 2

Don't you love the picture of the family Christmas dinner?  Except for Conrad and his dad, everyone else is glaring at the camera!  LOL  Looks like good times in the Hilton household!

• Love 4

I wonder if that was the family booth Kim spoke of at the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Interesting they go out to eat for Christmas.  Where were Kim and her children and most important Monty?

• Love 1

Dear lord, I HOPE SO!

Andy wishes this was Andy-think. 

I also call BS on Dr Phil paying for a sober companion. What kind of rehab makes deals with addicts entering treatment anyway. I think Dr Phil and a rehab worth their salt would tell Kim that getting clean is the best wedding gift she could give her daughter. The mindset is that the addict is literally fighting for their life. This may very well be true for Kim. Addicts are at particular risk of relapse and even death when leaving rehab.

• Love 4

I also call BS on Dr Phil paying for a sober companion. What kind of rehab makes deals with addicts entering treatment anyway. I think Dr Phil and a rehab worth their salt would tell Kim that getting clean is the best wedding gift she could give her daughter. The mindset is that the addict is literally fighting for their life. This may very well be true for Kim. Addicts are at particular risk of relapse and even death when leaving rehab.

I do find it amazing that, at this late in the game, Kim is still bargaining.  Her life sounds like garbage. Either she doesn't really comprehend how much she's lost as a result of this bullshit (with all the ego-stroking, fame having, reality TV doing, and children carrying) or she's just one of those people that can't be even minimally honest - for whatever reason.  I don't even mean that she's got some Very Interesting personality disorder.  Maybe it is too late and it kind of has been for a long time.  I don't know.  I mean, it's not like she lacks for exposure or resources.  

On the other hand, maybe despite that exposure or a Dr. Phil trip to rehab, Kim really hasn't lost as  much as I think.  It is probably more the case that she hasn't lost enough attention.  Kyle telling her to fuck off is the best favour a sister could do.  

• Love 2

Your Welcome.

The problem for me, just me, is that this is a pattern we have seen Kim repeat since the show began. She goes into rehab, leaves early then relapses after a few months and I do not believe that pattern will change this time either.

She refused to go to the facility Dr Phil picked out for her despite the fact it met with her 2 main conditions, it was local and she would get to attend her daughters wedding. At the end of the DP show, he says that he "was told/informed Kim went into rehab" and that he "wished her well", had she gone to the facility he made arrangements for, he would have known for fact that she was there. The way he said it made me think he either questioned the facility's credentials/methods/legitimacy or he has doubts that Kim went into rehab at all.

I call BS on Dr Phil paying for a "sober companion/coach/babysitter" for her, IMO, this is PR spin by Kim's team/manager, to try and get some brownie points back because of the viewer backlash Kim has gotten over how she behaved after she walked out of the interview. They have to make it seem as if DP approves/supports what Kim is doing and I do not believe he does, his attitude was very clear to me, he was/is done with her.

Oh, I absolutely agree. It is a pretty common pattern with addicts though, no? The difficulty with Kim is is that, well, she's lazy and spoiled - she either doesn't want to or isn't capable of putting in the work or the effort involved. More importantly though, if she did she'd have to stop playing victim and since she genuinely appears to believe she's a victim I don't think we're going to see true recovery for a long time - if ever.

Thanks for the background on the Dr Phil thing, I wasn't aware of that. I need to get Googling! :) It sounds like this rehab thing is purely damage limitations and not a true attempt by Kim to seek help.

I had assumed the wedding was for Whitney but turns out it's for Brooke. Wtf. How many wedding days do these people need? I'm going to give Brooke the benefit of the doubt and go with that her first was purely for Bravo's benefit to drag her mother out of irrelevancy.

• Love 1
(edited)

FaithsMum, I applaud your sobriety and self awareness!  Plus you express yourself beautifully.  All the best to you and your family...xoxo

Edited by IslandGirl
  • Love 4

Oh, I absolutely agree. It is a pretty common pattern with addicts though, no? The difficulty with Kim is is that, well, she's lazy and spoiled - she either doesn't want to or isn't capable of putting in the work or the effort involved. More importantly though, if she did she'd have to stop playing victim and since she genuinely appears to believe she's a victim I don't think we're going to see true recovery for a long time - if ever.

Thanks for the background on the Dr Phil thing, I wasn't aware of that. I need to get Googling! :) It sounds like this rehab thing is purely damage limitations and not a true attempt by Kim to seek help.

I had assumed the wedding was for Whitney but turns out it's for Brooke. Wtf. How many wedding days do these people need? I'm going to give Brooke the benefit of the doubt and go with that her first was purely for Bravo's benefit to drag her mother out of irrelevancy.

I don't think Kim wants to get clean/sober, she likes getting high/drunk and only goes to rehab when forced, so it will never work for her.

The wedding was to be a destination wedding from the beginning but was moved up due to Monty's cancer spreading. It was done so that he could still walk her down the aisle, now that he did, the real wedding plan can happen.

• Love 6

I don't think Kim wants to get clean/sober, she likes getting high/drunk and only goes to rehab when forced, so it will never work for her.

The wedding was to be a destination wedding from the beginning but was moved up due to Monty's cancer spreading. It was done so that he could still walk her down the aisle, now that he did, the real wedding plan can happen.

Not a popular opinion but here goes-Brooke and Thayer had a great wedding.  Sure it was moved up from its original date of February 15, 2015, but it was a nice wedding, one that according to Brandi was very stressful on Kim.  Time goes on and all of sudden in March there is a bachelorette party.  If the reason for having a wedding was so Minty could walk his daughter down then wouldn't it be logical that the destination wedding would take place on schedule?  It just seems like what they want is a big party, which is fine, but really another ceremony?  I am thinking Brooke needs to stop being a bride and maybe settle into being a wife.  It is her money she can do what she wants AND she needs to think about just how important it is to interrupt her mother's latest quest for sobriety.  It sounded to me like the second wedding was being used more as a measure of who mom wants there.    If it is intended as a party to separate the factions then so be it.  All I ask is that I never have to hear or see the F(*&ng wedding on my screen or become part of a storyline.  Especially if Kim was in charge of the guest list.

• Love 8

My problem with Kim being double trouble i.e. having a substance abuse problem and likely a personality disorder is this:  having a mental illness does not excuse assy behavior.  It really doesn't.  You can have some very heavy shit going on, but this does not give you the right to lord it over other people and treat them like your very own personal punching bag.  

I have panic disorder and agoraphobia, and anxiety can make you do some pretty weird stuff.  There is still no way in hell I would ever treat people the way my narcissist mom did, or my alcoholic dad.  It doesn't fly.  I've been in therapy for most of my life, so at least I recognize the pitfalls, but the onus is on the person with the problem to handle that problem as much as they possibly can.  I'm not saying Kim needs to pull herself up by her bootstraps, because I hate that too. Sometimes you can't pull yourself up.  But you can at the very least recognize how your illness affects other people and try not to make them feel fucked up because you yourself feel fucked up.

I'm coming from a place where, in theory, I should be able to empathize with Kim 100%, goddamnit!  But I just can't.  Her toxicity makes it so fucking hard.  When I heard that voice being used on her kids on Dr. Phil?  That sealed my utter dislike for the woman.  

I can't even imagine the hell those kids have been through with this woman for a mother.  Not at all.  And I have the same background, only with added welfare. Seriously, I don't know what's left to salvage in Kim.  

• Love 21

I wonder if that was the family booth Kim spoke of at the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Interesting they go out to eat for Christmas.  Where were Kim and her children and most important Monty?

One imagines such families dining at home on Christmas eve with staff on hand to bring in the pudding flambe. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Where is the wedding going to be? Have seen it said it is out of the country, but where are they doing it?

The wedding is in May but the specific date and location are unknown.

The first thing I thought is that is a passive-aggressive dig at Brandi as she is the one discussing the matter the most.

BTW, in the video accompanying the Joanna Krupa article, is that Mohammed and his hair system at an adjacent table?

Edited by quinn
  • Love 5

The first thing I thought is that is a passive-aggressive dig at Brandi as she is the one discussing the matter the most.

BTW, in the video accompanying the Joanna Krupa article, is that Mohammed and his hair system at an adjacent table?

Yes, that is Mohammed. Joanna said on WWHL (I think) that she/Roman and Mohammed/Shiva (sp) are friends.

• Love 4

I thought the same thing. . . a not so subtle dig towards Brandi, the unofficial spokesperson for Kim Richards. Brandi truly believes she is the bigger person because she is blabs about her goings on with the rich and famous.  Why could she have not just been a good friend and sent Kim best wishes instead of saying when she saw her and when she was going to see her.  Either Brandi didn't see Kim again  or she got the message it is Kim and her children's story to tell not hers.  Agree or disagree with the family it is Kim's call.

Brandi is very quickly realizing without the support of her cast members with filming scheduled in a month or so she just doesn't matter.  Her Podcast was lucky enough to get Kristen Taekman and it seems her fellow Podcasters are now just taking time interviewing each other.  Sounds as if the ship will sail without Kim as well.

Yes, that is Mohammed. Joanna said on WWHL (I think) that she/Roman and Mohammed/Shiva (sp) are friends.

Brandi had an interview recently and was hard on Mohamed.  I am guessing the lawsuit against her is not going well.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Kim wants to get clean/sober, she likes getting high/drunk and only goes to rehab when forced, so it will never work for her.

No, I don't think so either. It's true that it has to absolutely be something you want since it requires such a huge amount of willpower and effort.

For me, my addiction was "easier" than my anorexia - but truthfully I have never lived without either because I just fall back on my anorexia which ultimately isn't all that different to alcohol or drug abuse. I got tired of drugs far sooner and I actively sought help for that. But with my anorexia, I am like Kim. Treatment has always been forced on me when my weight has become so low that my life is at risk. This time is different and much more difficult because I am actually trying. During the previous sections I played the long game so I was largely compliant because in addition to being insane, I'm also a nurse, I know how sections works - once my weight became a certain amount and I'm mostly eating, they would legally have to lift the section whereby I could discharge myself. I'm not proud of it since I lied and manipulated the fuck out of everyone around me - and that isn't who I am - but owning up to my shit (even to strangers on a forum!) matters.

I like being high too. I also really like starving myself down to 56lbs. But neither of those things are worth not seeing my children grow up anymore and this is my last chance; my body can't take the abuse anymore and I'm 27 years old with three little girls who need me and for some reason a husband who despite everything still thinks I'm personally responsible for the sun rising and setting everyday.

I guess Kim isn't there yet, it's still worth it for her. If she wasn't so awful which I don't believe is a result of her alcoholism I would feel very sorry for her because I know what it's like to be there. I don't like to believe that addicts can't somehow be redeemed but maybe Kim is one of them since she is unable to own her shit. I'd put money on it that she genuinely believes everything she spouts and is not lying in bed at night wandering who the fuck she's turned into as I did... And on bad days, sometimes still do.

FaithsMum, I applaud your sobriety and self awareness! Plus you express yourself beautifully. All the best to you and your family...xoxo

Thank you - that's a very sweet thing to say. I was on TWOP but haven't really been here since I made an account after it shut down. I had forgotten how lovely and kind everyone is! xx Edited by FaithsMum
  • Love 23

No, I don't think so either. It's true that it has to absolutely be something you want since it requires such a huge amount of willpower and effort.

For me, my addiction was "easier" than my anorexia - but truthfully I have never lived without either because I just fall back on my anorexia which ultimately isn't all that different to alcohol or drug abuse. I got tired of drugs far sooner and I actively sought help for that. But with my anorexia, I am like Kim. Treatment has always been forced on me when my weight has become so low that my life is at risk. This time is different and much more difficult because I am actually trying. During the previous sections I played the long game so I was largely compliant because in addition to being insane, I'm also a nurse, I know how sections works - once my weight became a certain amount and I'm mostly eating, they would legally have to lift the section whereby I could discharge myself. I'm not proud of it since I lied and manipulated the fuck out of everyone around me - and that isn't who I am - but owning up to my shit (even to strangers on a forum!) matters.

I like being high too. I also really like starving myself down to 56lbs. But neither of those things are worth not seeing my children grow up anymore and this is my last chance; my body can't take the abuse anymore and I'm 27 years old with three little girls who need me and for some reason a husband who despite everything still thinks I'm personally responsible for the sun rising and setting everyday.

I guess Kim isn't there yet, it's still worth it for her. If she wasn't so awful which I don't believe is a result of her alcoholism I would feel very sorry for her because I know what it's like to be there. I don't like to believe that addicts can't somehow be redeemed but maybe Kim is one of them since she is unable to own her shit. I'd put money on it that she genuinely believes everything she spouts and is not lying in bed at night wandering who the fuck she's turned into as I did... And on bad days, sometimes still do.

Thank you - that's a very sweet thing to say. I was on TWOP but haven't really been here since I made an account after it shut down. I had forgotten how lovely and kind everyone is! xx

My heart goes out to you in your struggle and I pray that you continue to see how much your children/husband need/want you in their lives and that they see your strength as you defeat these monsters you now battle. Your life is worth saving! I have no doubt that you would lay your life down to save their lives if need be, but now it is time to save your own life as they do need you in their lives for years to come! May Strength and Love guide you.

• Love 14

FaithsMum the best gift you can EVER give to your three little girls is a healthy Mum. Keep remembering that for motivation! I wish you all the best.

I wish Kim had the same self awareness, but her narcissism won't allow it.

• Love 14