Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, catrox14 said:

HA! I was just watching After School Special and the actress who plays Caroline on the Vampire Diaries was Dean's closet hookup.

I recognized her the next time I watched it right after seeing her in the Vampire Diaries. I'm gonna miss that show. :(

• Love 2

The Power of Two episode of Charmed came up. There were two spirits in the cage at Alcatraz. I had a suspicion about the man. He was Randall in Folsom Prison Blues. Since I was already on IMDB, I looked up the woman. She turned out to be Suzie in The Werther Project. 

I've been watching Big Little Lies, despite Kathryn Newton's (aka Claire Novak's) presence in it (I kid, I kid).

The soundtrack on BLL is wonderful. Lots of rock, VERY well done. Lots of amazing songs -- and lots of amazing covers, believe it or not.

One of my favorite things about SPN is/has been its soundtrack, so of course I'm partial -- but BLL is another show that's worth watching if just for the music (and overall aesthetic) IMO.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed BLL - it surprised me in a number of ways. There was a scene toward the end between Kathryn and Reese Witherspoon where Kathryn wasn't basically playing Claire Novak, and I thought she was quite good. She needs to look for non-angsty-bratty-teen roles, I think.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bethy said:

I really enjoyed BLL - it surprised me in a number of ways. There was a scene toward the end between Kathryn and Reese Witherspoon where Kathryn wasn't basically playing Claire Novak, and I thought she was quite good. She needs to look for non-angsty-bratty-teen roles, I think.

i watched this as well. I felt like I was watching a marginally less angsty Claire.  It will take her doing something totally different to see if she has chops or not. JMHO

On 4/15/2017 at 7:52 AM, Commando Cody said:

Mark Shepphard was on MacGyver last night.  He must have really needed the paycheck.  It wasn't even good casting for the role.   

It was an homage. His father played Dr. Zito on the first series.

• Love 2

Charlie's alive!  Well, Dark Charlie anyway.  Felicia Day is playing Evil Overlord Kinga Forrester in the Netflix reboot of Mystery Science Theater 3000.  I watched the first ep tonight, and it was corny as...well, corn.  But still pretty funny.  And there was a cute song in the middle about monsters around the world - which of course made me wonder if the (fill in name of country) Men of Letters knew about these monsters and perhaps they needed Sam and Dean to come help them out...

Sasquatch is Canadian.  Wait - isn't Supernatural filmed in Vancouver?  ;)

• Love 1

I am watching Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer) as the poor beleaguered boyfriend of a murder victim in the movie The Number 23. It should be a better movie than it is. Sadly, it's just kind of silly.

And earlier tonight, I watched an episode of the Originals, in which Sebastian Roche (Balthazar) plays the worst father of all time. He is TERRIFYING in that role. Mikael is honestly one of the scariest villains I've ever seen on TV. In the episode I was watching, he had this one line, "In times of need, even the devil eats flies." *Shudder* it gives me chills every time I see it.

It's interesting to see Sebastian Roche kill it as a villain on a CW show and then see Mark Pellegrino do his trademark sulky-but-not-at-all-intimidating thing on screen right after.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

And earlier tonight, I watched an episode of the Originals, in which Sebastian Roche (Balthazar) plays the worst father of all time

Taylor Cole (Sarah) is on The Originals this season too. She looks completely different on that show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I started re-watching The Ghost Whisperer this evening.  Season 1, James Patrick Stuart shows up in a small guest role as the husbands jerk best friend. 

The episode after that one, had Sam's imaginary friend and Jenny O'Hara. 

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 1

Sera Gamble's show, The Magicians, is kind of fucking hilarious. 100% recommend. Of course, I'm only on Episode 3, but...

One of the leads is basically Sam Winchester 2.0, too, right down to the hair -- which I also love.

• Love 2
(edited)

This isn't really about Barrowman on SPN but during this panel he was talking about  other roles and he mentioned he'd love to have guest starring role on Supernatural as the human version of the Impala.  OH MY GOD. YES please. That would be AMAZING.  LOL NSFW and spoilers for Arrow. 

It's around the 14 minute mark where he talks about it.  It's just for a minute.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

Didn't Barrowman also once say he'd like to be God on Supernatural? That, of course, was before they confirmed Chuck as God. Anyway, sounds like they should really find something for the guy to do since he really does want to do something on the show. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
Just now, DittyDotDot said:

Didn't Barrowman also once say he'd like to be God on Supernatural? That of, of course, before they confirmed Chuck as God. Anyway, sounds like they should really find something for the guy to do since he really does want to do something on the show. ;)

Maybe they could cast him as Asmodeus. LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

The actor that played Eldon Styne (David Hoflin) just showed up on Supergirl and he's playing F. Scott Fitzgerald in Z: The Beginning of Everything

Edited by catrox14

Leslie Odom, who appeared in "Season 7, Time for a Wedding" has a role in the remake of the Agatha Christie mystery "Murder on the Orient Express.  It is directed by actor Kenneth Branagh.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/1/2017 at 1:03 AM, rue721 said:

Sera Gamble's show, The Magicians, is kind of fucking hilarious. 100% recommend. Of course, I'm only on Episode 3, but...

One of the leads is basically Sam Winchester 2.0, too, right down to the hair -- which I also love.

Sorry to quote myself, but I had to say:

I have been watching (and loving) The Magicians, and Mr. Sam Winchester 2.0, aka Quintin, is my new TV Boyfriend. I love the guy. Huge crush.

Which is hilarious, because he's kind of a loser. But I can't help it, he's a very appealing loser.

And it makes me curious about how I'm going to feel about Sam Winchester Original Flavor tonight. ;)

ETA:  And OK, actually, Quintin is not a loser. He's very sweet. I even like how twitchy and insecure he is. Just seems like a very sensitive person, and I like that.

Edited by rue721
(edited)

I almost missed it too, a very small note in the article.  I hope he gets better fast, love the actor. His last twitter post is April 28th.

Edited by Diane
  • Love 3

The Lifetime channel has produced a movie based on the Menendez brothers, infamous for murdering their parents.  Their father will played by the actor who played Edgar the Leviathan; Courtney Love is playing the mother.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, patty1h said:

The Lifetime channel has produced a movie based on the Menendez brothers, infamous for murdering their parents.  Their father will played by the actor who played Edgar the Leviathan; Courtney Love is playing the mother.

There have already been 5 TV movies about the Menendez brothers.  I had actually only heard of one of them, so I just went to check to see if it was a Lifetime movie, because I thought it had been, but it turned out it was Fox.  But, anyway, where it recommends other titles, there were 4 other Menendez movies.  Seriously.  How many could we possibly need?

OK, one of those 5 is the new one, but still.

Edited by Katy M
7 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Apparently NBC has reversed their decision to cancel Timeless:

That's great for Kripke!

Wow, that's a surprise.  Good for them. I guess. I mean I don't enjoy the show but hey good for Kripke!

10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Apparently NBC has reversed their decision to cancel Timeless:

That's great for Kripke!

This is brilliant news! I was really enjoying it :D . Apparently it is for 10 episodes in Summer 2018 

• Love 1

HBO had SPN folks on two of their shows last night:  1)  Edgar the Leviathan had a small role on "The Leftovers" as a pilot.   2) The actress who played the crossroads demon on "Crossroad Blues" had a quick spot as a newscaster on "Veep".

12 minutes ago, patty1h said:

HBO had SPN folks on two of their shows last night:  1)  Edgar the Leviathan had a small role on "The Leftovers" as a pilot.   2) The actress who played the crossroads demon on "Crossroad Blues" had a quick spot as a newscaster on "Veep".

HA I saw that last night on the Leftovers and was all EDGAR!

(edited)

Faran Tahir, who played Osiris in Defending Your Life is currently on 12 Monkeys, playing Mallick,

Spoiler

the traitor among the Witness group.

Edited by bethy

Just noticed that Sterling K. Brown (aka Gordon Walker) is hanging out with survivalist Bear Grylls.   Bear has another season of his adventure show starting tonight at 10PM on NBC.  From the description:  "Actor Sterling K. Brown joins Bear in the high mountains of Colorado, where they battle plummeting temperatures while descending a sheer rock face, track an elusive deer and rappel down a waterfall".

• Love 1

I have been re-watching Ghost Whisperer. I guess there are five seasons, but I can't stomach watching the last two again. 

So far I have seen Curtis Armstrong as a mortician. Gil Mckinney as a buck naked ghost (Season 2 - episode 19), and Amy Acker as a dead person. 

• Love 1

DJ Qualls had a two-minute cameo on last nights episode of "Fargo" as a fake cop - kind of a 'blink and you miss it' thing.  Even though it was short, it was a cool surprise to see him.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2017 at 10:58 AM, bethy said:

Faran Tahir, who played Osiris in Defending Your Life is currently on 12 Monkeys, playing Mallick,

Reveal hidden contents

the traitor among the Witness group.

I saw him last year in STC's production of Othello, with a friend of mine.  We went just because he was Othello.  And it was WORTH IT!

• Love 1