Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

Finally watched Deadpool. It's terrific. I know I blather on about Jensen but truly , Jensen would have been an A+ Wade Wilson/Deadpool. IMO a better fit even than for Peter Quill/Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy.

If it's true that Jensen had to turn down a role, that wasn't Deadpool himself, then IMO it was "Ajax".  This is just MY PERSONAL SPEC based on all the characters in the movie not named Deadpool. The actor in the role is British, but I don't think the character is necessarily British. So yeah if all the scuttlebutt is true, I'm pretty fucking sad that they couldn't find a way to give him time to do the role.  

That's funny. I tried to watch Deadpool on the plane today. I quit because the audio wasn't very good.

I also watched watched a show called The Magicians. The first actor walks on screen and I knew who he was, but I didn't know from where. I finally figured it out. It was the alpha vamp. I noticed the show was also produced by Sera Gamble. I couldn't hear very well on that show either. It seemed kind of lame. 

Watching season 2 while packing (long story) today and recognized the guy Dean was supposed to shoot in Croatoan.  Diego Klattenhoff, aka Agent Ressler on The Blacklist.  It was quite odd, seeing him screaming and crying in terror.

8 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

He does. Do we know who's cast for the show?

::snort:: Yeah, the people in that poster. ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I don't know the actor's name, but here's a promo of the show if you haven't seen one yet. I wasn't super-impressed with it, but figured I'd give it a chance. Sometimes you can't judge a show by it's trailer.

Kripke has kind of annoyed me with Revolution and Timeless now.

In Revolution he was totally trying to make the lead another Dean and a bad version of him at that. He tried to recreate Dean and Sam with Miles and his brother and FUCKING HELL it was SO obvious that it actively offended me which is one reason I stopped watching Revolution LOL

(edited)

SPN peeps in ROOTS the miniseries

Shannon Lucio aka April the Reaper who killed Castiel is Tom Lea's wife

Mark Rolston aka Alastair 1.0

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

How did you like ROOTS? I enjoyed it and was moved to tears a few times. I thought Tom's wife looked familiar, but couldn't place her.

I thought the last two episodes were the best. I liked the montages at the end and thought JRM was terrific playing a complete dickbag vile thing.

But I thought it really picked up the pace when it got to Chicken George's story. I thought the actor was terrific and in the shallow end of the pool. Lordy that man is beautiful.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, I've been re-watching the X-files and have spotted many, many Supernatural alums, but crazy Kubrik (Michael Masse) in another crazy religious role took me quite a while to figure out for some reason.

In somewhat related news, Mark Sheppard looks like a baby in his S1 episode! ;)

imageproxy.jpg

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

Funny enough, I met him right around this time at an X-Files convention (1996). Never would have dreamed I'd still be following his career 20 years later (I also love Mark Sheppard in BSG and Firefly... and I think he was in Dollhouse, too?)

* oh!  I have the picture!!  Marvel at me at 14, lol

XF Con Sheppard.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

Fuck yeah! Leslie Odom, Jr aka Guy the demon in Time for a Wedding, won the Tony Award for Lead Actor in the a Musical for Hamilton. Damn that's awesome! 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
(edited)

He means the first movie he ever did. So, the dude who never played baseball is in a baseball movie but the dude who actually played baseball has never been in a baseball movie. Yes someone needs to cast Jensen in a baseball movie to please me.

Also, this is weird because IMDB has it listed as "A Little Inside". Did they rename the film for this new release?

Edited by catrox14

Mark Pellegrino in an episode of Person Of Interest, Season 2, as a rich husband trying to kill his wife at the same time as she's trying to kill him.  Then Reese and Finch act as marriage counselors and get them to fall in love again.  ?  Not one of their best episodes.

The first time I watched that episode, I didn't know who Mark Pellegrino was. I re-watched Person of Interest on Netflix about a year ago and recognized him. 

Every time I re-watch episodes when I didn't know the actor the first time, but recognize now, it makes me think of the Rashoman episode of Leverage. 

• Love 1

I saw Jeffery Dean Morgan on "Angel" recently and thought... damn, why do men get BETTER looking with age. Cause he's so much hotter now than he used to be.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

I saw Jeffery Dean Morgan on "Angel" recently and thought... damn, why do men get BETTER looking with age. Cause he's so much hotter now than he used to be.

Wow, I totally forgot he was on Angel.
I need to do an Angel re-watch actually... :)

I was watching Eureka last night on Netflix. It looks like only season five is on there. I forgot how many people from that show ended up doing appearances on Supernatural.  Christopher Gauthier, Neil Grayston, Felicia Day and Kavan Smith.  Those are just the ones I saw in the two episodes I watched last night. I haven't watched Eureka since it ended. 

Interesting you should mention Eureka. For the GISHWHES thing , Briana, Osric and Colin Ferguson were live streaming and I thought..HMMM maybe Colin Ferguson makes an appearance on SPN soon because I don't think he has yet.

19 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I was watching Eureka last night on Netflix. It looks like only season five is on there. I forgot how many people from that show ended up doing appearances on Supernatural.  Christopher Gauthier, Neil Grayston, Felicia Day and Kavan Smith.  Those are just the ones I saw in the two episodes I watched last night. I haven't watched Eureka since it ended. 

Ugh, I've been supremely annoyed they don't have the earlier seasons of Eureka up! I loved that silly little show, but really liked the first couple seasons of silly.

1 minute ago, Commando Cody said:

I have to wonder how he got involved in the live streaming to begin with. That would be nice to see him on SPN. It would be much better than seeing him as the Maytag repairman. 

I don't know how he got involved with this live stream, but wasn't he in Misha's little TSA web series a couple years back? I think I recall he being a friend of Misha's or something.

I didn't see the series, myself, but remember seeing pictures, so I think so? I remember thinking at the time how many of these actors working on shows shot in Canada all seem to know each other. At some point they've probably done a project together given how much they end up overlapping at times. It's very interesting how small the circle really is.

So, yeah, I think he played Daneel's husband on that one.

They don't have all of Eureka on Netflix any more?!  Gah and bah!  What use is it to have only one season, and just the last one?!

Colin Ferguson played William, one of the big bads on Haven...

3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

He wasn't the husband in the video with Jenson's wife while they were going through airport security, was he?

Oh I do remember that now that you mention it.

I forgot that Erica Cerra was also in one episode. 

You're right though, DittyDotDot, a lot of these shows are made at the film studio in Vancouver. One of the tour guides in Vancouver read a list of a lot of the TV shows made there. It was quite long. 

On 6/1/2016 at 6:02 PM, catrox14 said:

Is it me or does the white dude look a quite a bit like Dean? I mean he's basically wearing Dean's uniform of three layers, similar hairstyle? 

That poster pretty much sums up the tedium of Kripke + NBC. (the "why am I in this?" disbelief face on the left is the capper). He was really lucky to have the cast and crew he had during his SPN run.

8 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

That was a good one. I have it saved on my DVR. 

I think it is the 2nd best Batman movie I've ever seen only The Dark Knight is better IMO. That final scene in Under the Red Hood...well just punch me in my face with pain why don't you.

I wonder if Jensen is really going after a live action Red Hood.

• Love 1

You mean in terms of all the movies - not just the animated ones.

I have watched quite a few of the animated ones now. I have liked all of them. Return of the Dark Knight was pretty well done. Batman Year One was interesting. I thought the voice actors were interesting choices in that Ben McKenzie who plays Commissioner Gordon on Gotham was the voice of Batman. The movie was more about Commissioner Gordon. 

I saw Bruce Greenwood in Dinner For Schmucks the other day. He's not what I imagined the voice of Batman would look like. 

4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Interesting tweet from DC Animated today, re Jensen's work in Batman: Under the Red Hood

The thing I love about that scene is that I definitely hear Jensen's voice at the beginning of it (obviously he's pitched it differently, but the cadence is so him), but by the end of it I absolutely cannot picture anyone but Jason Todd. I'm completely engrossed in the scene.

I also love the line about the crowbar. It causes inappropriate giggles every time.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RandomMe said:

The thing I love about that scene is that I definitely hear Jensen's voice at the beginning of it (obviously he's pitched it differently, but the cadence is so him), but by the end of it I absolutely cannot picture anyone but Jason Todd. I'm completely engrossed in the scene.

Yup. I see a lot of viewers that say Jensen is always the same in all his roles, and my brain just goes NOPE. He becomes his characters.

Alec McDowell is clearly different than Dean. Jason Teague is different than Dean. Jason Todd is different than Dean.  I think Alec is probably most similar to Dean but only for like 5 minutes.

Sigh. Jensen is so dang good.

I was watching some of the trailers being shown at Comic Con, and caught a familiar face during a clip of next seasons "Fear the Walking Dead".  It was the actress who played Ellie, the ranch manager, on "Trial and Error".350px-Ellie.png

I just made the connection tonight that Curtis Armstrong was in Better Off Dead.  I was talking to someone and they triggered my favorite quote and the light bulb went off.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pixelcat said:

I just made the connection tonight that Curtis Armstrong was in Better Off Dead.  I was talking to someone and they triggered my favorite quote and the light bulb went off.

I love that movie