Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

I think this is pretty common knowledge, so not really a spoiler, but just in case for Walking Dead fans 

I love JDM and John Winchester, so I'm terrified of seeing JDM's character on The Walking Dead.  And whomever he's going to inevitably kill.  :(

Please don't let his character make me hate watching him on my screen!  Side note, though: he's going to own this roll.

I got sucked into Criminal Minds. So far, I've seen Jim Beaver as a Montana sheriff and the guy who played Yellow Eyes as a dad whose daughter is abducted; he turns out to be a mobster hitman who's under witness protection.

Oh, you're gonna see both Megs, Lucifer, the Antichrist (maybe his mom, too), Balthasar....  So many I can't even remember them all.

• Love 1

Just saw Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.  Jeffery Dean Morgan played Batman's dad and Lauren Cohen (Bela Talbot) played Batman's mother.  They were tiny roles.  Which surprises me a bit for JDM.  Maybe he'll be in deleted scenes?  IDK.

I was the only one in the theatre who did it, but I laughed when Bruce said that the early Waynes were fur trappers -- "They were hunters," according to his father.  The people around me must have thought I was nuts.

Loved the movie, despite the ridiculous reviews.  :-)

• Love 1

I have absolutely zero gif-making abilities, but if I did I'd definitely be putting together something that combines JDM as Thomas Wayne, Bruce's comment about the Wayne family being hunters, and Dean in BDaBR saying "I'm Batman!".

• Love 1
(edited)

SQUEEEE!!! Batman: Under The Red Hood is available on Demand now on Cox Cable.  Jensen is really great as Jason Todd in this.   I watched it a few years ago online and that was cool. But watching on my TV with proper sound and great picture really highlights the quality of Jensen's voice work here.   He reminded me of Future!Dean whose voice was slightly differently than regular!Dean.

Bruce Greenwood  - Batman / Bruce Wayne (voice)
Jensen Ackles   -- Red Hood(voice)
John DiMaggio  -- Joker (voice)
Neil Patrick Harris  --Nightwing (voice)
Jason Isaacs  ...Ra's al Ghul (voice)
Wade Williams  ... Black Mask (voice)
Gary Cole  ... Bobo / Commissioner Gordon / Shot / Guard (voice)
Kelly Hu  ... Ms. Li (voice)
Jim Piddock  --Alfred Pennyworth (voice)

It's a fucking Batman film. I don't give a shit if it's animated. It's a quality film. I'm not gonna lie. I full on squeed at seeing Jensen's name 2nd billed after Bruce Greenwood(Batman). No matter whatever else happens he was 2nd billed in a Batman film.

Damn. It must be quite a thrill for him too. I still hope one day he gets to be Batman.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I just finished watching it. Fucking hell. Jensen made me cry. That might actually be my favorite Batman movie ever. Not just because of Jensen but because it's well-written, nicely paced and packs an emotional wallop. 

Wow. 

Okay Dark Knight is pretty high on that list.

@CommanderCody it's available HBO OnDemand too

Edited by catrox14

The actress who played the strung-up-in-the-warehouse Djinn victim in "What Is and What Should Never Be" is the lead in a new series on Syfy -- it's called Wynonna Earp.  It looks like a western with supernatural overtones.

So JDM killed it on The Walking Dead.  I think this will become an iconic character for him.

No shit. I don't follow the graphic comics (?), but I had heard that this character is supposed to be the worst possible person. JDM was very convincing as a raging psychopath. I'm almost concerned about what we're going to see him do next. But I agree this will be an iconic role and may even thrust his career to a new level. 

• Love 1

Under the 'not exactly' category, Greg Vaugh (who 15 years later took over Jensen's Days of Our Lives role as Eric Brady), has left Days of Our Lives.  Last episode aired Friday.

So... when Jensen left the character had:

1) become a photographer who did fashion photography for the local "international" fashion magazine.

2) lost his virginity to the girl he "discovered" (Nicole Walker), whom he then proposed to.  She sort of accepted then married someone rich.

3) had a long love story with another girl (Greta) but ended up cheating on her with a married woman (yes, Nicole again)

4) left Salem (Days of Our Life city) is disgrace, having broken a young girl's heart (Greta) by sleeping with a married woman.

So... when Greg left the character had:

1) become a priest after seeing horrible things as a photo journalist in Africa; became the local parish priest

2) took in a mentally distraught Nicole (who had stayed on the show for the intervening years, married a few times, and was just recovering from an abducted baby scandal where she was the one doing the abducting and got caught); gave Nicole a job and let her live in the convent.

3) while Nicole was secretly pining for him (but cleaning up her act), was drugged and raped by a psycho (Kristin DiMera) who wanted revenge against his mother

4) temporarily defrocked from the Church as no one believed he was setup by Kristin and everyone saw the video

5) fell back in love with Nicole, the Nicole and best friend Daniel found evidence to clear his name; Nicole later shredded it because she didn't want to lose Eric

6) did not accept reinstatement from the Church because he hated Nicole so much and thought that it was unworthy of a priest

7) fell for an old flame (Sabrina) who was actually there to get blood diamonds she hid in some of his African artifacts, nearly killed by Sabrina's partner -- has a romantic moment with Nicole (who is now in love with his best friend Daniel)

8) Turns into a bitter alcoholic after Nicole chooses Daniel and Sabrina is killed by an unrelated serial killer

9) kills best friend Daniel while drunk driving, Nicole tells him off and never sees him again

10) has a 1 night stand with fellow addict, gets sentenced to 5 years jail, last seen looking devastated as he rides off in disgrace on the police transport.

Kinda familiar arc (good guy falls into bad over woman & alcohol).  Surprised the one night stand wasn't with Nicole.  Story left open for a third actor to come back in a few years.  Wouldn't be surprised if Ms One-Night-Stand (Jennifer) is preggers... cause it's a SOAP OPERA.

And there... I've saved you all the time of looking up what happened to Jensen's character on Days of Our Lives. 

• Love 1

And there... I've saved you all the time of looking up what happened to Jensen's character on Days of Our Lives.

So they didn't kill off his character altogether?  Please Jensen don't be tempted by all the money in the world to go back to that when SPN is over. LOL

Edited by catrox14

So they didn't kill off his character altogether?  Please Jensen don't be tempted by all the money in the world to go back to that when SPN is over. LOL

I'm sure he never will. Rumor has it (so take with grain of salt) that when Jensen left the show, they said that they would never recast the role. I'm certain that TPTB hoped he would return since his talent was apparent even as a young actor. So they waited...and waited... and waited. I never cared for the actor (Greg Vaugh) who replaced Jensen and am happy to see him leave the show.  Another show with character assassination - from priest to criminal in a couple of years. LOL 

It's 3am and JDM is on TBS in "The Losers" across the room.  So I can't really hear the movie but there's a lotta pretty on the screen (JDM, Chris Evans in a weird beard, Idris Elba, Zoe Saldana).

Kinda familiar arc (good guy falls into bad over woman & alcohol).  Surprised the one night stand wasn't with Nicole.  Story left open for a third actor to come back in a few years.  Wouldn't be surprised if Ms One-Night-Stand (Jennifer) is preggers... cause it's a SOAP OPERA.

Wait, that wouldn't be Jennifer Horton would it? I haven't watched Days in years, stopped not long after Jensen left (not because he left but just couldn't watch daily anymore). I'm pretty sure she was an adult when Eric Brady was born. Of course they did age him to 16 in about 4 years so.. In any case, if it is Jennifer Horton, or whatever her last name is now (I'm using maiden) she should be close to 50 by now. The actress who plays her is 49. But it is a soap so I guess anything is possible.

Yes, Jennifer Horton.  Currently suffering a prescription drug addition issue after she was injured in the same car crash that killed Daniel (caused by Eric).  Because soap opera.

13 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Krissy was on this week's Arrow. Apart from that, was that a weeping angel on an episode that also included Alex Kingston?

Good eye. Although it probably would have made my week if they had both been on Legends of Tomorrow instead. :-)

From Osric Chau.

He was nominated for a Leo for a role on Blood and  different role than Kevin but I thought this was interesting.

tumblr_o6m94d0do71s4je32o2_1280.png

osrictumblesosrictumbles.tumblr.com

From Osric Chau

I'll post and reblog stuff from time to time.

Now I don’t expect anyone to know the Leo Awards, but I thought I would share with you how I came to know them, and why I’m so happy to be a nominee.

The Leo Awards were created to celebrate the film and television industry in British Columbia. The local news in Vancouver always covered it and because of that, I knew what the Leo Awards were, long before I knew what the Oscars were (and if you know even a few of the titles from the list of movies I still haven’t seen that shouldn’t surprise you).

It was 2007, I had just gotten back to Vancouver after finishing a semester of martial arts training at the Beijing Sports University and I had my sights on pursuing a career in stunt work. I remembered vividly reading The Province newspaper over cereal on the kitchen table, passing through an article on the Leo Awards and stopping on it because I recognized a name. One of the nominees was in the same agency that I was in, and she, was a Leo Award nominee. Wow. If you were to rank all the actors at my agency at that time, she was at the top and I was at the bottom, no question about it.
I had been with my agency since I was 9 and it’s small miracle they didn’t drop me over the years, it was a new agency and they kept a large roster of actors. I never applied myself to auditions. It was easier to just say I wanted to be a stunt man so I didn’t care about these dumb actor auditions. I would still go in though, do a “good” take and when I didn’t get it it wouldn’t matter to me cause “I didn’t really try anyways.”
If I was honest with myself, I would know that it was more along the lines of, “I am terrified of giving it a real attempt because if I fail and I am absolutely certain I will, everyone will just know how terrible I am.”
And then there’s the part of me that was terrified that I would succeed. I was comfortable. I knew where the people in my life were, and they knew where I was. If I were to succeed and be on that newspaper feature instead of just reading it, it would send me into another plane of existence that is just so far and away from where I was. The people I knew would no longer recognize me and then I would be alone. That one’s a weird feeling, and I’m failing to articulate it properly so I’ll leave it at that for now, but the long and the short of it was that I was just terrified of change. Leaving preschool sucked, leaving kindergarden sucked, leaving primary school sucked, leaving elementary school sucked, leaving high school sucked, I just didn’t want to leave wherever it was that I was.
So reading that article that day, seeing the familiar name, a familiar face, I had mixed feelings of admiration, jealousy, awe, and guilt all stirring inside me. I hated that feeling. Even more than I hate stretching my hamstrings. I walked around in a daze for a few days after that. And then I did something that really surprised me.
I started trying.
I started applying myself to these auditions that I would go to, and I started getting callbacks. And then I booked a role. I would not hear from a couple of auditions after that, but I kept trying and then I got more callbacks, and then I booked another one. It changed my world to not think of auditions as waiting to see if I won the lottery and to go in as a professional. And I say professional in the sense that I took it seriously, I didn’t have a full toolbox, but I came in with an earnest effort with everything that I had. After doing auditions for over a decade, it felt like I had just started.
Less than a year after I saw that article, my agency did a housecleaning and went from over 100 clients to just 23. And I was one of them.

Today I can say, and truly mean it, that it really doesn’t matter if I win or not. I woke up today to find out I’ve been nominated for a Leo Award. And being able to think back on how far I’ve come with nothing but an honest effort feels better than winning ever did.

Tidbit: The nominee who’s name I saw in the newspaper that day is the lead of Blood and Water, the show from which I was nominated for.

#osric chau

485 notes

3,559 notes

(edited)

Alden Ehrenreich, who played the younger brother in "Wendigo", has been chosen to play young Han Solo in the Star Wars franchise. He even got a shout out from Eric Kripke on twitter, with congratulations.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Alden Ehrenreich, who played the younger brother in "Wendigo", has been chosen to play young Han Solo in the Star Wars franchise. He even got a shout out from Eric Kripke on twitter, with congratulations.

I'm not really feeling the casting on this one. But that's just me

44 minutes ago, MYFAKETVBOYFRIEND said:

Anyone watch Damien? Cassie from Route 666 has a pretty decent size role in it. I was getting bored with it but the finale was pretty good!

Cassie was also Vixen on Arrow. And she was....not good :(

I saw Emily Swallow on an old episode of Flight Of The Concords. I didn't know she was in it until I saw her name in the credits. I rewound to see which one she was. It was the actress I recognized, but didn't know from where. 

(edited)

I really truly did super believe in Tad Cooper :(.  But that does free up Timothy to come back as Cain :)

This is like the Red Wedding of show slaughtering:

Agent Carter
Bordertown
Castle
Containment
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life
CSI: Cyber
The Family
Galavant
Grandfathered
he Grinder
Nashville

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Demented Daisy said:

Well considering that it was supposed to only be a one-and-done miniseries originally, it's pretty remarkable they got two out of the deal. Ya know this only means I have to go watch the second season now. I do love to jump on a dying bandwagon, for some reason.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Well considering that it was supposed to only be a one-and-done miniseries originally, it's pretty remarkable they got two out of the deal. Ya know this only means I have to go watch the second season now. I do love to jump on a dying bandwagon, for some reason.

I'm telling you right now... no way are you disappointed.  The BEARD is back. The running gags are awesome. The songs are great.  *sigh* I envy you watching for the first time.

• Love 2

I started watching Rules of Engagement on Netflix. I'm into season 1 and Russell's bully is this little kid. I thought he looked familiar so I looked up his IMDB page. It was the kid at the motel in Something Wicked.