Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

There's going to be a spinoff off of Walker.  I don't know if Jared will play a role, but I hope he's cast as an early member of the Walker family.

https://tvline.com/2021/12/08/walker-spinoff-prequel-series-independence-the-cw/

Another Jared Padalecki series is getting a prequel on The CW. The network is reportedly developing Walker: Independence, a spinoff of Walker set in the late 1800s, according to our sister site Deadline.

Isn't it great that Jared's having such a successful post SPN career?

Edited by Mulva
  • Love 4

Lol, I don't think even Jared is conceited enough to cast himself in both of his shows. (Lies. I totally do, but doubt the network would let him.) Wouldn't be surprised Genevieve gets a role though. I'm sure they can find a way to work an #ad into it, lol. 

• Love 4

Considering if it gets picked up, both shows will likely shoot concurrently, it would be completely unfeasible to have one actor in both. No sane company, network or actor would even go for it. Maybe a cameo or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Considering if it gets picked up, both shows will likely shoot concurrently, it would be completely unfeasible to have one actor in both. No sane company, network or actor would even go for it. Maybe a cameo or something.

Knowing the Padalecki predilection, I will be surprised if he doesn't narrate it. 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think Anna and Seamus are developing this prequel with Matt Barr in mind. She had him as her star in Valor. Since the character of Hoyt is the co lead in the series that would be my guess. And I'm so on board with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If anyone hasn't yet tried Peacemaker, I highly recommend it in general. But also, Christopher Heyerdahl shows up in a bit part halfway through and is still an incredibly entertaining sociopath even when he's not a demonic torture master. I was so excited to see him, but couldn't share with my husband because he hasn't watched SPN. So I'm here to share with you. Peacemaker. It's great, and CH is hilarious. 

Edited by Aithne
  • Love 2
On 2/11/2022 at 7:54 AM, Aithne said:

If anyone hasn't yet tried Peacemaker, I highly recommend it in general. But also, Christopher Heyerdahl shows up in a bit part halfway through and is still an incredibly entertaining sociopath even when he's not a demonic torture master. I was so excited to see him, but couldn't share with my husband because he hasn't watched SPN. So I'm here to share with you. Peacemaker. It's great, and CH is hilarious. 

IKR, I always love seeing Heyerdahl show up in anything. Yeah, he often plays the same kind of character, but he really gets to show off his comedic chops in Peacemaker. Terrific show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

IKR, I always love seeing Heyerdahl show up in anything. Yeah, he often plays the same kind of character, but he really gets to show off his comedic chops in Peacemaker. Terrific show.

You know the funny thing is the first thing I remember seeing him in(but I didn't realize it until AFTER SPN) was an episode of The Adventures of Jules Verne, he played D'Artagnan! LOL  He had long hair and cut a rather dashing figure.  And after that(again realized after SPN) I would have seen him in an episode of Stargate SG-1, where he still had long hair and was an upstanding good guy in a town(on another planet of course) where the entire population was implanted with microchips in their brains which they thought just connected them to sort of their version of the internet but unknown to them changed their memories. 

You wouldn't have guessed he'd find his niche playing sociopathic bad, or at least not so good, guys. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

You wouldn't have guessed he'd find his niche playing sociopathic bad, or at least not so good, guys. 

Speaking of playing sociopaths, he played a horrific SOB in "Hell On Wheels". I couldn't wait to see him get what he was due. I saw this series shortly after seeing him in Supernatural, so yes, playing sickos is his thing. 🤨

• Love 1
15 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Speaking of playing sociopaths, he played a horrific SOB in "Hell On Wheels". I couldn't wait to see him get what he was due. I saw this series shortly after seeing him in Supernatural, so yes, playing sickos is his thing. 🤨

He also played Jack the Ripper on that show with Amanda Tapping "Sanctuary". But it was more of a tragic, not-totally-evil character. And of course his hilarious run on Stargate Atlantis. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, FlickChick said:

The Swede right?  I saw some of Hell on Wheels, I keep meaning to go back and watch the whole thing.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

The Swede right?  I saw some of Hell on Wheels, I keep meaning to go back and watch the whole thing.

Correct. What a horrible human being. I loved the series. Definitely worth a complete watch.

• Love 1

Just spotted the actor who played Hendricksen in a Samsung Galaxy phone commercial.  The ad "stars" the comic actor Eric Andre, who ends up handing his phone to Hendricksen at the very end of the ad.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Mulva said:

Walker has been renewed for season three:

https://releasedate.me/walker/#:~:text=Walker Season 3 Release Date%2C Trailer%2C Cast%2C Spoilers and News&text=The CW Network reported about,back on June 16%2C 2022.

Congrats to Jared!  It's great seeing a Supernatural actor being so successful!

It's a safe bet that Walker will get a third season; but there's a lot of wrong information here.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Trini said:

It's a safe bet that Walker will get a third season; but there's a lot of wrong information here.

No kidding. They give a release date for Season 3 in June 2022. That's beyond nonsensical.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2022 at 10:51 AM, Aeryn13 said:

No kidding. They give a release date for Season 3 in June 2022. That's beyond nonsensical.

None of the CW shows have been picked up for next year so far, which is unusual. The sale of the network to an all news talk format is looking more and more likely.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

None of the CW shows have been picked up for next year so far, which is unusual. The sale of the network in an all news talk format is looking more and more likely.

The Flash and Superman & Lois have some kind of confirmation as far as I know. At least they seem to be actively working on new Seasons.

And Penn & Teller as well as 2 other reality shows have been renewed.

But yeah, they would have long done their usual renewal shtick in January, if not for the sale. On the other hand they have to make decisions sometime in May or so on shows, sale or not.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

The Flash and Superman & Lois have some kind of confirmation as far as I know. At least they seem to be actively working on new Seasons.

And Penn & Teller as well as 2 other reality shows have been renewed.

But yeah, they would have long done their usual renewal shtick in January, if not for the sale. On the other hand they have to make decisions sometime in May or so on shows, sale or not.

I think most of those shows will end up on streaming services so they will go ahead with production no matter what happens to the CW  network. Walker and Independence along with The Winchesters will also continue with production but if Nexstar buys the CW  you are going to have to pay for a streaming service to watch them.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think most of those shows will end up on streaming services so they will go ahead with production no matter what happens to the CW  network. Walker and Independence along with The Winchesters will also continue with production but if Nexstar buys the CW  you are going to have to pay for a streaming service to watch them.

Likely HBO Max. Which will not be available in my country until further notice. 

Yep, just came to post the news on Walker S3.  I’m thrilled for J2 — so much work.   I KNEW it in my head that they  SHOULD have a good transition but it’s still nice to watch it play out.  It’s been only 16 months since the finale aired.  Supernatural was #8 on Netflix a week or so ago, TNT still does reruns, Jensen has had Two Batman movies (voiceovers), an Album, a major role in a commercially and critically acclaimed series (The Boys), cast in a movie (not his fault it didn’t go through), producing the Winchesters.  Jared is going into a 3rd season for Walker, has a SPIN-OFF he’s producing, and doing well from what I can see. 

We were blessed to have ‘em and now the world is learning about them. ❤️

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

All the CW shows should count their blessing that they are CW shows. No other network would renew shows with such (relatively) dismal ratings and demo numbers. I hope if the network survives, they give The Winchesters such leeway!

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

All the CW shows should count their blessing that they are CW shows. No other network would renew shows with such (relatively) dismal ratings and demo numbers. I hope if the network survives, they give The Winchesters such leeway!

The CW’s ‘Supernatural’ Prequel Casts Lead Roles – The Hollywood Reporter

I don't.  Sounds like they're completely destroying canon.  John and Mary hunting together.  John finding out all about the MOLs.  Samuel disappearing.

Edited by Katy M
16 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't.  Sounds like they're completely destroying canon.  John and Mary hunting together.  John finding out all about the MOLs.  Samuel disappearing.

And again I say, what canon? John was made aware of the supernatural in canon once already and had his mind wiped.  Why can't it have happened more than once? In canon, God enjoyed screwing with peoples lives for shits and giggles.  This may be the most in canon thing that ever happened. 

Hoping it doesn't even get a chance is unfair to say the least when we're talking about a series that disregarded or retconned its own  canon as necessary at every opportunity. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6

I’m confident in Robbie Thompson and Jensen Ackles’s leadership and vision.  There’s plenty of ways within canon that they can keep the timeline ultimately correct.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Canon was dead in the water as soon as we found out God and the angels had been mindwiping, resurrecting, and just generally screwing around with memories and timelines. Did I prefer the concrete feel of the early seasons, before the powers that be decided to get all meta about the fact that we were watching a story? Sure. But like it or not, that show has been more than ten years gone. This show is doing nothing to "canon" that hasn't been done already. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And again I say, what canon? John was made aware of the supernatural in canon once already and had his mind wiped.  Why can't it have happened more than once? In canon, God enjoyed screwing with peoples lives for shits and giggles.  This may be the most in canon thing that ever happened. 

Hoping it doesn't even get a chance is unfair to say the least when we're talking about a series that disregarded or retconned its own  canon as necessary at every opportunity. 

Exactly. By the end of season 12 canon was a joke and all but a memory by the end of the series. If anything The Winchesters may be pleasant to watch instead of causing all of the internal angst that the Dabb years did for me personally.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm up for amything that isn't the hating-Dean/worshiping-Sam hour. Which this new project has a good chance of not doing. Everyone else already got 15 years of SPN. 

This might be one of those kind of spin-offs that appeals to a different audience than the mother show. Not uncommon.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

I'm up for amything that isn't the hating-Dean/worshiping-Sam hour. Which this new project has a good chance of not doing. Everyone else already got 15 years of SPN. 

Or the Jack show.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Kind of Supernatural related....

Aww...that's cool him and Phil working together again. Hope we get to see the extended versions of some of what they filmed(seeing as it sounds like they were just going to use brief clips in the actual show, as scenes shown on a tv)

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Aww...that's cool him and Phil working together again. Hope we get to see the extended versions of some of what they filmed(seeing as it sounds like they were just going to use brief clips in the actual show, as scenes shown on a tv)

Maybe they'll use things like this for next season's hiatus (like they did the Vought Seven on Seven this year).

• Love 2
21 hours ago, SueB said:

Misha has been tagged for the CW ‘Gotham Knights’ pilot to play Harvey Dent. Excellent role!

https://deadline.com/2022/03/gotham-knights-misha-collins-harvey-dent-cw-pilot-1234984746/

I wonder if it's a regular/semi-regular role. Going by what I understand about the timeline of the show, he would be Two-Face.

1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

Yes, hope it's gonna be shown.

• Love 1

Jensen said in the Supernatural Then and Now Podcast for Faith that he's just finished recording ANOTHER Batman film(I assume his podcast interview was recorded sometime within the last month or so).  Yay!

That means we have TWO full length Batman animated films to look forward to.

• Love 3
On 4/5/2022 at 3:49 PM, Pondlass1 said:

He has the talent to BE Batman on film.  Not just voice him.

But apparently the other guy is very good, although I haven’t seen the movie yet.

A big studio would probably always choose a "name" actor for a tentpole role like that. It's why I was surprised about the choice for Pattinson specifically but not the choice for someone like him. 

Omg!  On this weeks 911 Lone Star I was tickled to see the regular cast member who played the siren in the Sex and Violence episode and the Brit who was in the Most Holy Man episode!

the one that got Sam and Dean to do a bit of “chicanery”. Loved it! 

i wonder if they talked about our boys any. 😛😛

12 hours ago, Dmags21 said:

And now, Samantha Smith is a fire fighter! 

also on 911. 

I watch 911 and never twigged that was Sam. Huh.

Caveat: I mostly watch it while reading/surfing so I didn't notice her, and didn't recognize her voice which might have made me look up, lol.