Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

WTF is THIS . LOL This is so bad and so hilarious. OMG

Like is it intentionally supposed to be this bad?

LOL.  I'm particularly amused that Misha apparently had Jared Padalecki's hair long before Supernatural was on the air.

8 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

LOL.  I'm particularly amused that Misha apparently had Jared Padalecki's hair long before Supernatural was on the air.

Oh yeah. Misha had long hair when he was IN "24" back in like 2001 or 2002. Look

It was practically Sam s8 hair.

Misha-Collins-Castiel-supernatural-24551

Edited by catrox14
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen and Misha both had Jared/Sam hair before Jared/Sam had it.

d9e990fc472668cb60af126c8095cecb.jpg

If I were in charge of this show, we would have had a Flock of Seagulls episode by now.  That is what you do when given hair opportunities.  Actually, let's have a very weird Walking Dead and Supernatural cross over where Darryl and Sam learn the downside of floppy hair. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm loving Black Mirror.  Really makes you think.

TV in the UK is NEVER afraid to go there.  

Apparently you're not the only SPN fan who thinks so. :)

(So it's not technically 'cast in other roles', but it's cast-adjacent who'd like to be in another role. :P)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen and Misha both had Jared/Sam hair before Jared/Sam had it.

I think we all have to remember that hair is a CRITICAL component in the success of a TV series.  Receding hairlines would have led to cancellation no matter how brilliant the acting.  I'm not kidding!

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Apparently you're not the only SPN fan who thinks so. :)

(So it's not technically 'cast in other roles', but it's cast-adjacent who'd like to be in another role. :P)

Hmm , I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some kind thought in Kripkes head to make his own version of Black Mirror.

16 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think we all have to remember that hair is a CRITICAL component in the success of a TV series.  Receding hairlines would have led to cancellation no matter how brilliant the acting.  I'm not kidding!

That is just beyond sad considering I couldn't care less about said hair and have constantly wished Dean would shave Sam's stupid (IMO) hair so it would stay out of his face.

• Love 3

I'm rewatching "Alias", which is just a fantastic show, and I loved watching it live. What a great binge with the weekly cliffhangers too, Mark Rolston aka Alastair 1.0, pops up as a creepy handler of Sydney's. 

• Love 2

That is so weird. I was just thinking about Donnelly Rhodes this weekend because I was remembering the show Double Truoble for some reason.  It was the episode Clip Show where he played a priest.

Last night I saw an episode of Blue Bloods with AJ Buckley (Ed of Ghostfacers).  He was so un-Ed like. I understand he was on CSI or something, where I'll also assume he was un-Ed like, but I don't watch that show, so until last night, I've only seen him on SPN and an terrible, horrible, awful cheesy Christmas movie. And this from someone who likes cheesy Christmas movies.  Anyway, it was nice to see him in a more serious role. I thought he did a really good job with it.

21 minutes ago, Katy M said:

That is so weird. I was just thinking about Donnelly Rhodes this weekend because I was remembering the show Double Truoble for some reason.  It was the episode Clip Show where he played a priest.

Last night I saw an episode of Blue Bloods with AJ Buckley (Ed of Ghostfacers).  He was so un-Ed like. I understand he was on CSI or something, where I'll also assume he was un-Ed like, but I don't watch that show, so until last night, I've only seen him on SPN and an terrible, horrible, awful cheesy Christmas movie. And this from someone who likes cheesy Christmas movies.  Anyway, it was nice to see him in a more serious role. I thought he did a really good job with it.

AJ's character on CSI: NY was so unlike Ed that I literally did not recognize him on SPN (I watched CSI: NY first).

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

His work on Justified is very different than Ed too.

• Love 1

While watching Citizen Fang, yesterday, I saw the name Jon Gries in the credits. I knew I had seen the name somewhere, but I couldn't figure out where. 

He was Uncle Rico in the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Even knowing that, he still doesn't look like him. 

Robert Wisdom (Uriel the angel) has a role in the new TNT series "The Alienist".  It looks like a recurring part but not a big one (he's the manservant/ bodyguard to the lead) and only popped up a few times in the first episode.  Maybe he'll get more screen time as the series continues...

EDITED TO ADD:  Devin Ratray (he was the one who role-played as Dean in "The Real Ghostbusters") is in HBO's new series "Mosaic", AND the actor who played Archangel Raphael is in the miniseries "Waco".

Edited by patty1h

I sometimes don't know if a post belongs in You Watch Too Much Supernatural or the Cast in Other Rolls thread.  Probably both.  Anyway...

I am currently watching an old episode of Psych.  "Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers".

Sarah Shahi is in this episode. Her character's name is Ruby. Her friend in this episode is named Jessica.  Shawn was trying to convey to Carlton Lassiter - in his own way - that a Winchester was used in the murder. Also this episode was called Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers".  

16 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Sarah Shahi is in this episode. Her character's name is Ruby. Her friend in this episode is named Jessica.  Shawn was trying to convey to Carlton Lassiter - in his own way - that a Winchester was used in the murder. Also this episode was called Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers".  

If they were literally raising Hell, a Winchester probably was involved! ;)

On 1/25/2018 at 2:51 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Set in the real-life Winchester house!

The movie has tweeted about it not including a crossover with the brothers (so clearly they are Supernatural savvy).  But my secret hope of hopes?  That somehow, during the press junket, Helen Mirren mentions the TV show.  Just... just to know she knows who the boys are.  I need that.  It's not rational, but I need that.

In other news....

I just saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, which has Kathyrn Newton in one pivotal scene.  EXCELLENT FILM.  My husband and I kept using the same word: layered.  This was a movie that each scene was very layered.  Having seen both The Post and this film, I have to say, I think Frances McDormand gets the Oscar nod IMO.  As for Kathyrn's role and performance here's what I'd have to say:
- On the surface, it's another "bratty teen" role.  In fact of all the actors, I'd have to say she had the least to work with in terms of dialog.
- There's a moment when she's arguing with her mother (Frances McDormand's character) and her brother uses the "c" word.  Kathryn and Frances turn on his like BAM. Oh no you didn't!  And it actually was an essential moment.  Because in that instance you could see that the daughter and mother were VERY much alike, loved each other alot, and this was a routine argument not something that was meant to define their relationship.  But of course, it is THIS argument that haunts Frances' character.  So, that moment alone, elevates both the scene and her performance because you see more depth to the character.
- Kathryn was NOT one of the 14 actors who got a SAG award when the show won for Best Ensemble for a Drama.  I imagine she was just below the cut line.  
- Because of the nature of the scene, I'd be surprised if it ever gets out on youtube because it's sort of pivotal but not as remarkable as so many others. 

Bottom Line: Two thumbs up for the movie.  Kathryn Newton's role is limited and you won't be all that impressed but the movie itself is damn good IMO. 

• Love 1

Although the movie is all about Kathryn, the actual role is teeny weeny.  I guess the call went out for bratty teen and she must be top of the list. Hope she picked up some pointers from these seasoned actors, because the acting is brilliant. The violence however is over the top. I'm going to Missouri in a few months and hope police officers are more professional than in this film.

1 hour ago, scribe95 said:

Saw an ad last night for a new show called Private Eyes. It has the actress that played Lisa in it. And Jason Priestley, who time has not treated well. 

It's actually pretty good, and is coming back for its third season (in production).

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I actually saw an ad for this past episode of Supernatural while watching "The X-Files". It is the first time I've ever seen an ad for our show on another channel. (Fox - like Mulder ;))

You're in the US right? That's really curious. So an ad for SPN on Fox. Could it be a WB thing I wonder. That's really interesting.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

You're in the US right? That's really curious. So an ad for SPN on Fox. Could it be a WB thing I wonder. That's really interesting.

Yes, the US. Like I said, it is most unusual. My thinking was that a fan of the "X-Files" could also be interested in a show called "Supernatural", and at one time, Kim Manners was a link. Just a thought. But, yeah, I was shocked. LOL

4 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Yes, the US. Like I said, it is most unusual. My thinking was that a fan of the "X-Files" could also be interested in a show called "Supernatural", and at one time, Kim Manners was a link. Just a thought. But, yeah, I was shocked. LOL

That could be. Did it air on the anniversary of Kim Manners death which was Jan 25? Or his birthday which was Jan 13?

Edited by catrox14
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That could be. Did it air on the anniversary of Kim Manners death which was Jan 25? Or his birthday which was Jan 13?

No, it aired on Wednesday, Jan. 31. But it is Kim Manner's month for both of those reasons. Maybe the CW decided to let the moths fly out of their SPN advertisement wallet. LOL. We have seen more media coverage recently than ever before. So who knows why?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

No, it aired on Wednesday, Jan. 31. But it is Kim Manner's month for both of those reasons. Maybe the CW decided to let the moths fly out of their SPN advertisement wallet. LOL. We have seen more media coverage recently than ever before. So who knows why?

True that!

Watching an old episode of ST: Voyager, "Ashes to Ashes," and Ensign Lyndsey Ballard was played by a very young Kim Rhodes.  She spent the first part in heavy alien makeup, but I didn't even recognize her voice; and once she reverted back to "human form," it still took a lot of squinting before I could recognize her from the "current Kim".   (The only reason I knew it was her was because I'd seen an IMDb entry about it not too long ago and so had looked for her when the episode came on.)   :) 

Watched the episode of Criminal minds with Steven Williams (Rufus) as a police commander or chief or something. 

Or it could have actually been Rufus pretending to be the police chief who didn't want the BAU involved because he thought it was a monster killing the homeless and was worried that Sam and Dean might catch wind of it too, so he didn't want their cover to be blown!

ETA: the second part should probably go under "You know you watch too much Supernatural" when you can take the plot of another show with an SPN guest star and make it SPN relevant. :)

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
crossover between threads
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I tried to watch that show and it was just too heavy for me :(.

Yeah, it is definitely a heavy show to watch. I had a pretty rough high school experience myself so I can also relate to quite a bit of it. 

14 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Watching 13 Reasons Why and Mark Pellegrino shows up as the cop father to one of the main characters! 

The kid who plays Clay was in “Family Remains.” Their casting agent must like Supernatural.

I only watched one episode of 13 Reasons Why. I really didn’t like the book, so I don’t know why I even tried with the show.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:59 PM, ahrtee said:

Watching an old episode of ST: Voyager, "Ashes to Ashes," and Ensign Lyndsey Ballard was played by a very young Kim Rhodes.  She spent the first part in heavy alien makeup, but I didn't even recognize her voice; and once she reverted back to "human form," it still took a lot of squinting before I could recognize her from the "current Kim".   (The only reason I knew it was her was because I'd seen an IMDb entry about it not too long ago and so had looked for her when the episode came on.)   :) 

S6 of Voyager seems to have a lot of Supernatural crossovers. Just watched the two-part Exinox and both War (Titus Welliver) and the Alpha Vamp (Rick Worthy) are in it. 

Edited by DittyDotDot