Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

On 11/18/2017 at 4:36 PM, Katy M said:

I saw Murder on the Orient Express last night. The CRD from Time for a Wedding plays a British doctor.

He also just sang with Sesame Street in The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Well. boo.

Kendrick Sampson aka Max one of the Hunter Twins was just cast in The Flash as Brainstorm.

It's a multi episode arc so that really makes me wonder what's going to happen with Max and Alicia. :/

http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-flash-kendrick-sampson-cast-brainstorm-the-cw-series-1202216806/

Good for him! I really enjoyed him on How To Get Away With Murder & as Max Banes. It’s nice to see his career flourishing.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Good for him! I really enjoyed him on How To Get Away With Murder & as Max Banes. It’s nice to see his career flourishing.

No I don't mean it's bad for him. Selfishly I want him back as Max

10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Well. boo.

Kendrick Sampson aka Max one of the Hunter Twins was just cast in The Flash as Brainstorm.

It's a multi episode arc so that really makes me wonder what's going to happen with Max and Alicia. :/

http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-flash-kendrick-sampson-cast-brainstorm-the-cw-series-1202216806/

Good for him! A multi-episode arc beats a once season at best appearances on supernatural :) 

2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Good for him! A multi-episode arc beats a once season at best appearances on supernatural :) 

Oh my Gods. I am not saying it's bad for him. My other comment two posts up clarifies my thoughts.

I thought I read somewhere that the actress portraying Claire has been cast in another role, which might take her out of the Wayward Wonders spinoff.  Not intending to be mean (but being mean anyway) I have to admit I'm surprised at this actress's success.  I've seen her in a variety of roles, a movie also, and she's always the same.  Same moody attitude, same moody expressions and body language and actually not very good IMO.  Casting directors must see more to her than I.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I thought I read somewhere that the actress portraying Claire has been cast in another role, which might take her out of the Wayward Wonders spinoff.

She's definitely in the backdoor pilot whether she continues if the show is picked up might be questionable. However, it depends what it is she's cast in. A movie wouldn't put her out of the running necessarily, but another series might.

• Love 1
On 12/2/2017 at 8:13 AM, Pondlass1 said:

I thought I read somewhere that the actress portraying Claire has been cast in another role, which might take her out of the Wayward Wonders spinoff.  Not intending to be mean (but being mean anyway) I have to admit I'm surprised at this actress's success.  I've seen her in a variety of roles, a movie also, and she's always the same.  Same moody attitude, same moody expressions and body language and actually not very good IMO.  Casting directors must see more to her than I.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/big-little-lies-kathryn-newton-legendarys-pokemon-pic-1202626091/

Big Little Lies’ Actress Kathryn Newton to Star in Live-Action Pokemon Movie

Upcoming projects include the role of Amy March in the BBC’s “Little Women” miniseries, the CW/WB’s Supernatural spinoff “Wayward Sisters,” the Universal comedy “Blockers” for Point Grey Pictures, and “Ben Is Back” opposite Julia Roberts and Lucas Hedges.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Diane said:

Upcoming projects include the role of Amy March in the BBC’s “Little Women” miniseries

I can not picture this.  But, Amy's pretty young at the beginning of the book, so I don't think she's going to be in the whole miniseries, assuming they're just doing the book and not going off on a tangent.

1 hour ago, auntvi said:

She's "in negotiations" for the Pokemon movie, but it still looks like she's plenty busy with Little Women, Wayward Sisters, and two (2) movie roles!

35 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I can not picture this.  But, Amy's pretty young at the beginning of the book, so I don't think she's going to be in the whole miniseries, assuming they're just doing the book and not going off on a tangent.

Do you guys think they will kill off Claire if Kathryn is getting so much work?, Ike could she be what motivates Alex and Kaia to hunt? I mean if it gets picked up to series how is that gonna work for her. unless it doesn't go until the end 2018.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Do you guys think they will kill off Claire if Kathryn is getting so much work?, Ike could she be what motivates Alex and Kaia to hunt? I mean if it gets picked up to series how is that gonna work for her. unless it doesn't go until the end 2018.

Well, she could be just a recurring character like Cass is for Supernatural. Which would leave her open to work on these other things on the side.

I suspect the motivation will be that there is an open rift in their town and they can't just ignore it. I don't think they'll be hunting like Sam and Dean do but just cleaning up mess after mess, so to speak.

• Love 2

Unfortunately, this:

On 12/2/2017 at 9:13 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Same moody attitude, same moody expressions and body language

is why I can totally see her in this:

3 hours ago, Diane said:

Upcoming projects include the role of Amy March in the BBC’s “Little Women” miniseries

But I might be biased, because I couldn't stand Amy. #teamjoforlife

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, bethy said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here’s the AVClub Random Roles article for Jim Beaver. 

https://tv.avclub.com/jim-beaver-on-supernatural-david-milch-and-how-going-1820151940

I didn't have time to read it all, but very nice things to say about Supernatural:

Considering that I came to it directly from Deadwood, I would have to say that, in terms of powerful dramatic scenes and really engaging material for an actor to do, I’ve had more of that stuff on Supernatural than on any show I’ve ever worked on. Any specific moment I might prefer to be remembered most for one show or another, but in terms of consistent great stuff to play, Supernatural has been a goldmine for me. I really feel like an actor on this show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bethy said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here’s the AVClub Random Roles article for Jim Beaver. 

https://tv.avclub.com/jim-beaver-on-supernatural-david-milch-and-how-going-1820151940

Thanks so much for posting this link. That was a great interview! I forget how many good things Jim Beaver has done - Deadwood, Justified, even Breaking Bad. Long may he live & act! And TPTB better give him something good during the last season!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Timothy Omundson (Cain) will be reprising his role of Carlton Lassiter on "Psych - the Movie" this Thursday evening Dec. 7 on the USA channel.

I'm so glad that could find a way to make it for Tim. Psych fans will be so happy!

4 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Sorry, apparently Tim's presence will only be "to a degree" according to TV Line's article today. So I wouldn't expect much there. :(

Yeah, he was recovering from a stroke when they filmed the main part of the episode. But, they made sure to accommodate him and shoot some stuff with him later. Soo, it's not full on Lassie, but at least we'll get some Lassie anyway. It sounds like if this movie does well they want to do a series of movies like this, so fingers crossed they can get Tim in one more in the future.

• Love 2

Kathryn Newton, who appeared in HBO's Big Little Lies, has nabbed the female lead for Legendary’s live-action movie adaptation of Pokemon. 

Will this impact her role on the spinoff, if it does get picked up?

It was a Supernatural night!  Two different shows, two different years, two different Supernatural guest stars: first I watched the pilot of iZombie and saw Benny (Ty Olsen).  I kept expecting him to talk with his Benny accent though,so when he didn't, it took me out of the story a bit.  ;)  Then I watched an old ep of Criminal Minds and Meg 1.0 (Nicki Aycox).  I'm pretty sure she was still playing a demon, though.  They just don't come out and say it on CM.  ;)

I know there's not a lot of Claire love around these parts, but for those who might be interested, here's a first look at Masterpiece's Little Women:

I swear I watched it twice and couldn't pick her out.  I guess that's a good thing that she doesn't look too much like 'Claire'.

Also, trailer for Timothy Omundson's live action Woody Woodpecker film coming on DVD in Feb 2018:

Heh.  He says "demon."

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I know.  Kathryn plays Claire again. Morose rebel teen.

(OT - what a weird movie?)

OT- Yes it was, it was good up until the ending. (I mean what the heck was that, just strange way to end it.)

• Love 1

Kathryn must have the best agent in the world.  She keeps, being cast in these  high profile award winning  works with big name stars playing a Claire type character and IMO she's not that good. I can't fathom what she will be like in Little Women.

• Love 3

If you haven't seen the 1994 version of Little Women, you should. It's so charming. 

ETA: Supernatural Cast in Other Roles connection: Jay Brazeau (Dr. Corman from My Bloody Valentine and Librarian in Provenance) plays Dashwood.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 3

I've been watching Damnation on the recommendation of a friend, and have spotted three Supernatural alums:

- Garth's werefather-in-law, as the town newspaper owner/manager
- Head ghoulpire aka "Deputy Dumbass", as a farm striker/cousin of Sam Riley
- Alastair 2.0, as the local sheriff

It airs on USA in the US, but sounds like Netflix is/will be carrying it for the rest of the world.  The show takes place in Iowa in 1932 and revolves around a farmer's strike, where they are refusing to sell their goods at prices so low they won't be able to afford the mortgage on their farms.  7 episodes so far, next one is this week!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Black Mirror.  (which is a great and supremely jacked up show you should all watch it LOL).

I'm loving Black Mirror.  Really makes you think.

TV in the UK is NEVER afraid to go there.