Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't understand. We get a show from Las Vegas on Monday, a rerun on Tuesday & Wednesday. Not prerecorded, reruns. So, a rerun Friday, show from Vegas Monday (one show?) and a rerun Tues & Weds? During sweeps? Weird. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DuckyinKy said:

I don't understand. We get a show from Las Vegas on Monday, a rerun on Tuesday & Wednesday. Not prerecorded, reruns. So, a rerun Friday, show from Vegas Monday (one show?) and a rerun Tues & Weds? During sweeps? Weird. 

You might be getting reruns, but I'm getting impeachment hearings.

A couple of the newsfolk visited the local Childrens Hospital and in the lobby theres a 'Seacrest Studio'!  Ive never seen that before.  Its an actual woeking radio statio  the plays throughout the hospital.  Its run by the kids, for the kids.  But how cool is that!  I thought that was just such a nice thing to do.  I wonder if he's put them in all the CHs?  But in a time  and day when we are so on edge, well this just warmed my heart.  Ryan took the thing that brings him the most happiness, and shared it with the young'ins, possibly even setting them on their future employment.. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Regis made an appearance on Fresh Off the Boat last week. Since the show was set in the 90’s  and the father on  the show was a contestant on Who wants to be a Millionaire , Regis was hosting.  They dyed his hair a bit, since he had all white hair now. He looked and sounded good .  He did make a joke comparing someone to Kathie Lee. 

How interesting that Live, the show he made famous can’t have him on or mention his name because of Cruela de  Kelly , whose enemy list grows everyday !  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Regis made an appearance on Fresh Off the Boat last week. Since the show was set in the 90’s  and the father on  the show was a contestant on Who wants to be a Millionaire , Regis was hosting.  They dyed his hair a bit, since he had all white hair now. He looked and sounded good .  He did make a joke comparing someone to Kathie Lee. 

How interesting that Live, the show he made famous can’t have him on or mention his name because of Cruela de  Kelly , whose enemy list grows everyday !  

I didn't know that. I know there was an incident with Kelly & Priscilla Presley, so I don't think they will ever have her on again but if I am being honest, Kelly was asking a question and Priscilla was snarky (and I am an Elvis fan but still...) 

On another topic, I wonder what is wrong with Tony Pigg? I think Ryan has pretty much recorded over all of the vacation spots, did they let him go or is he really out sick?

• Love 1
On 12/5/2019 at 10:14 AM, DuckyinKy said:

I didn't know that. I know there was an incident with Kelly & Priscilla Presley, so I don't think they will ever have her on again but if I am being honest, Kelly was asking a question and Priscilla was snarky (and I am an Elvis fan but still...) 

On another topic, I wonder what is wrong with Tony Pigg? I think Ryan has pretty much recorded over all of the vacation spots, did they let him go or is he really out sick?

I remember that! I felt bad for Kelly. 

Kelly's son, Michael, and her hubby, Mark Consuelos! were on to watch Kelly make Christmas cookies.  Michael looks exactly like his Father, Mark.  Michael said he came to the show because his 2 siblings did not want to come, lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

OMG , Kelly must be doing some extra starving so she doesn’t gain an once over Xmas ! She looks scary in a live insta story that Mark posted on the way to work without hair and makeup ! Yikes 

I do find the show must more enjoyable than watching Hoda five life advice or having to hear every minute of her being mom, or the View with non stop political fights!

Kelly can grate in my nerves at times , but overall the show is must better produced and the hosts are way better than any other dayrime talk show .   I also like when Mark or the kids are on . I was at a charity lunch where Mark sat at my table when he and Kelly were on all my children . I found him to be a very nice guy and didn’t respond to the flirty , flaky women at our table . He actually made an effort to talk to people who would normally not be noticed , and he talked about Kelly . I think he and Kelly have raised good kids .

Edited by snowydaze
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Although, Kelly is obnoxiously wealthy & not the best  host I do like when she has her family on. I like when Mark co-host because he always seems to back up her stories which I always think she’s had been making up. LOL!!!! Last week when they their son Michael on he seems like a very nice and normal kid who knows his role in the sibling tree. He sounds exactly like Mark. Today Gelman had his wife Laurie on who’s been on since the beginning along with their two daughters. Both the daughters seemed really nice, too. They’ve also been on the show since they were kids and understand what the gig entails.  They all know each other really well which is expected since Kelly’s been hosting for over 19 years. It’s a well oiled machine and that’s why it’s still on the air. I sort of agree with Andy Cohen when he said of Michael Strahan leaving the show. You don’t leave that show that has your name in the title. It’s easy money and a steady gig. LOL!!!!,

• Love 1

Kelly is so rude during cooking segments! She talks over the recipes and “interviews “ the family members of other staff members while they are trying to cook!

She always makes every interview about her and talks over everyone , but when it’s a cooking segment it’s even more annoying .

Ryan was polite and let her family be the center of attention and show their recipe, but Kelly blabbed over Ryan’s mom and Gelman’s family ! 

5 hours ago, snowydaze said:

OMG , Kelly must be doing some extra starving so she doesn’t gain an once over Xmas ! She looks scary in a live insta story that Mark posted on the way to work without hair and makeup ! Yikes 

She looks creepy and more boney than ever ! How does anyone sleep with a skeleton ? Yuck 

She loathes Thanksgiving because it is about food! She’s wacko wnd seems to have exercise bulimia! I. Now she seems to be living on some kind of medication or tons of caffeine to suppress what little appetite she has ! She is wound up and hyper and doesn’t give anyone a chance to talk !

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Today Gelman had his wife Laurie on who’s been on since the beginning along with their two daughters. Both the daughters seemed really nice, too. They’ve also been on the show since they were kids and understand what the gig entails.  They all know each other really well which is expected since Kelly’s been hosting for over 19 years. 

Do you remember when Laurie was an up and coming host, herself?  She co-hosted a fun and irreverent morning show which had significant interactions with muppets and such.  I loved it.  It was on Fox, but not fully distributed nationally.  This was just before she and Gelman became a thing.

Oh. the male co-host?  Some guy name Tom Bergeron.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Do you remember when Laurie was an up and coming host, herself?  She co-hosted a fun and irreverent morning show which had significant interactions with muppets and such.  I loved it.  It was on Fox, but not fully distributed nationally.  This was just before she and Gelman became a thing.

I think it was called Fox after Breakfast. I would only see it when I traveled to Florida. They weren’t airing it in my area during the time. It was a fun little show and it was all about tv and tv trivia. 

• Love 1
On 12/16/2019 at 9:39 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

YES!  I loved that show, it was great!  Funny as hell, great comedic timing.  Do you remember who the other guy was?  I thought there was one othsr guy.  I dont even remember the name.  I thought i remember them going ro TBS and then were there for a pretty long time.  And eventually she left, might have been pregnant for the first time.  But yeah, that was a great morning program.

• Love 1
On 12/11/2019 at 8:33 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Kelly's son, Michael, and her hubby, Mark Consuelos! were on to watch Kelly make Christmas cookies.  Michael looks exactly like his Father, Mark.  Michael said he came to the show because his 2 siblings did not want to come, lol. 

Pulled the short straw 😏

• LOL 3

Lola is a stone fox, and in a lot of photos she is an eerie combination of Kelly's eyes peering out of Mark's face. (If that makes sense). 

Lola Consuelos is showing off her pipes!

The 18-year-old daughter of Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos took to Instagram on Wednesday to share a video of herself singing Labrinth's 2014 song "Jealous." The teen's soulful voice is on full display in the black-and-white video as she belts out the melancholy track.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/kelly-ripas-daughter-lola-debuts-singing-voice-and-her-mom-couldnt-be-prouder/ar-BBYag0G?li=BBnbfcL

In the collage of images, Ripa's kids pose around Consuelos solo before we see her awkwardly running into the frame, flinging her arms wide, leaping into her hubby's arms and eventually righting herself for a formal group shot. 

"Tripping into 2020 like..." the back of the card reads. 

https://www.etonline.com/kelly-ripas-family-christmas-card-with-mark-consuelos-features-all-her-personalities-137809

(There are two IG photos for the card, I didn't see the arrow at first glance).

Edited by suomi
removed the extra spacing, jeez this site is jittery sometimes!

It sure seems the Ripa/Consuelos publicist has been working overtime to not only provide publicity Kelly and Mark, but also Lola.  Every time Kelly mentions Lola there is a story on every entertainment site, and a picture of Lola. There is not the same reaction to her sons. I wondered why this was happening when it seemed like Lola does not want to even let Kelly show her picture on Live, but it  became obvious when somehow a video Lola post on her Instagram account of herself singing was all over the Internet!

Who would have ever known that Lola posted a video on her Instagram account of herself singing , and  thar Kelly commented if someone didn’t send it to a publicist, and  had publicist send that story to the press, complete with audio of Lola singing ?

Ar first I thought that Kelly played the video on Live, but the when I saw that somehow a private post to her daughter became a news story, and Kelly reposted a message from Lola’s mentor, it sure seems like Lola is getting help with promoting her career through Kelly’s publicity team !

Lola has a decent voice , but I went to a college filled with music and voice majors , and theater was a huge major at the school, many of the graduates ended up in movies and on Broadway . Lola is good, but my goodness , you would think that no one sang as well as she does from the over reaction and fawning !  I have heard  better , and from people whose parents didn’t have the bucks to pay a private teacher for years to prep them to be voice majors when the hit college like Lola has had !

Her mentor called it a “privilege to work with” her for three years ! I am sure it was when he got mega bucks for doing so! 
 So basically rich mommy paid for some top notch vocal coach to prep her spoiled child  to prepare to  her audition to get into NYU as a vocal major .

I was not in in the music or theater department at my college , just in case anyone thinks it is about jealousy, my major was in a totally different area , but did  I see middle class kids who were from homes where their experience was high school musicals and they were naturally  talented kids who worked their butts off to audition to get into college as a vocal or dance major .

I understand using money to help your kids to get your kids education or training ,  it’s just annoying when you see people  with way better voices and talent who never get national publicity, and work their butts  off to get on audition , let alone on broadway.  Lola already has had her online audition ! Someone who is a multimillionaire planting recordings and publicity for her daughter all over the place ,when she already has major advantages is nauseating!

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 5

Well, you know how Kelly had joked that she might not be able to pay for college for her kids !  How could she ever afford it in her 20 million dollar a year salary?😂  

I heard the clip that mysteriously was leaked to the press, even though her daughter only posted it in an account that apparently has a nickname! 

I guess with enhancement, anyone can sound decent.  It was nothing out of the ordinary. But the headlines read line she was a modern day Julie Andrews!  I wonder whose publicist did that ? Hmmm 

Edited by marmalade
  • LOL 2
26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Looks like Mark is a crazy sport parent like lots of other parents. He and Kelly were at Joaquin’s wrestling match and Mark didn’t like what the other 16 or 17 opponent was doing. What was Mark going to do? Beat up a 16 year old kid who’s taller than Mark? LOL!!!! Too funny!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/21/mark-consuelos-heated-son-wrestling-match-kelly-ripa/

I think Mark’s behavior is not typical of most parents who don’t feel their kids deserve to win . That is obnoxious. Sorry , but apparently other parents were yelling to a 40 something year old to get off of the mat? 
Between Kelly pushing putting her freshman daughter’s singing all over the Internet, and Mark exploding because his son had something unfair done to him in a sporting event ,  they are coming off as entitled .

I wonder if Kelly will be pushing Ryan to get Lola connections to record companies.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I think Mark’s behavior is not typical of most parents who don’t feel their kids deserve to win . That is obnoxious. Sorry , but apparently other parents were yelling to a 40 something year old to get off of the mat? 
Between Kelly pushing putting her freshman daughter’s singing all over the Internet, and Mark exploding because his son had something unfair done to him in a sporting event ,  they are coming off as entitled .

I wonder if Kelly will be pushing Ryan to get Lola connections to record companies.

The opponent ripped off Joaquin's headgear. Sorry, I can promise my husband might have done the same thing (and I would have been right behind him.) 

• Love 2

Sadly this incident accomplishes two very negative consequences. Mark made the incident about him and not his kid battling through adversity and when things go bad for the kid, tough guy daddy comes to the rescue to fight his battles.

I think about what the other teams and his own team will have to say when it is over.

Mark and his wife are real POS for letting this happen and forcing the kid to fight through real life consequences to this incident on his own at school.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

The opponent ripped off Joaquin's headgear. Sorry, I can promise my husband might have done the same thing (and I would have been right behind him.) 

I wouldn’t. do that , and I would be embarrassed  if  my husband did that ! Yes, unfair things happen, but an adult does not go on the mat and try to start trouble . If you put your child in sports , you realize that this might happen especially in a contact sport like wrestling .  

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 5

“Daddy”, aka Mark looked like an idiot for not only going on the mat during his son’s wrestling match, but also for needing to be stopped before he went after s high school kid!

Someone actually had to push him back ! He didn’t challenge the referee, he was walking toward his son’s opponent! 
It would have actually been hilarious to see the kid knock him on his butt since he was about a foot taller than Mark!

I think that Mark must actually believe all of the fawning from Kelly and Ryan about him being so macho and tough ! He’s really short and watching him try to challenge a kid was funny and cringeworthy! 

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 5
On 12/21/2019 at 5:31 PM, DuckyinKy said:

An adult going after a kid who is wrestling your son in a match ?  From the video you can see Mark being pushed back by someone ! He wasn’t just there to confront a referee, he was looking at the kid and walking toward him like he wanted to fight him !  Not okay 

Edited by snowydaze
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/21/2019 at 5:52 PM, juno said:

Sadly this incident accomplishes two very negative consequences. Mark made the incident about him and not his kid battling through adversity and when things go bad for the kid, tough guy daddy comes to the rescue to fight his battles.

I think about what the other teams and his own team will have to say when it is over.

Mark and his wife are real POS for letting this happen and forcing the kid to fight through real life consequences to this incident on his own at school.

I have a feeling Kelly was proud of “daddy” for being alpha male and that no one messes with the celebrity family !  
You can hear other parents On the video commenting on how ridiculous Mark was behaving ! Tough guy walking on the mat and staring down some 16 year old !

Whae exactly was his plan ? Was he going to hit the kid ?  
Kelly always acts like her kids are so normal and and not spoiled.  They  appear that way on screen , but the fact that Kelly obviously planted her singing daughter’s recording on every entertainment site , Mark gets caught on tape trying to to after a kid who was wrestling his son, and Kelly thinks her oldest is starving and In poverty, shows how much they do expect their kids to get special treatment !

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/5/2019 at 5:43 AM, marmalade said:

Regis WAS on a Halloween show a few years ago. They even showed bts footage  of him going into the make up room and him and Kelly hugging and kissing and happy to see each other. 

I loved Regis (in spite of his friendship with Trump)but it is not his show anymore and it’s not like his name never comes out if their mouths.  I’m confused as to what people want regarding  Regis? Daily mentions??

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

There should be two threads for LwK&R.  One about the show and one for the Kelly & Mark parenting critiques.  I'm a fan of KR's, I just don't care what happens outside of the show.

When Previously TV became Primetimer, a lot of forums became single threads. Live was one of them. 

• Love 1
On 12/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, snowydaze said:

“Daddy”, aka Mark looked like an idiot for not only going on the mat during his son’s wrestling match, but also for needing to be stopped before he went after s high school kid!

Someone actually had to push him back ! He didn’t challenge the referee, he was walking toward his son’s opponent! 
It would have actually been hilarious to see the kid knock him on his butt since he was about a foot taller than Mark!

I think that Mark must actually believe all of the fawning from Kelly and Ryan about him being so macho and tough ! He’s really short and watching him try to challenge a kid was funny and cringeworthy! 

His motivation might have been protecting the kids head, should the match continue, which of course it didnt.

• Love 1

The show was pre-empted by Impeachment hearings several times during the week they were filming in Las Vegas.  I understood that the episodes that were not shown nationally would be repeated when possible during the rest of the year.  OK.  So today I watched a show from Vegas and Kelly clearly stated that it was December 26, 2019.  I know they did not return to Vegas the day after Christmas.  What gives?

Laurie's show with Tom Bergeron was a very fun show.  It was produced in a studio that was a very large apartment in NYC with various rooms (including a bathroom) and various segments were done in different rooms.  The network was F/X and the show was finally cancelled when F/X changed its format.

For one show, Tom and Laurie (Hibbard) were interviewing Regis.  Of course, in those days, Regis did not do any appearances like that without bringing along his producer, Michael Gelman.  They put Gelman on camera with Regis and he and Laurie started conversing (flirting) ...and the rest is history.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

The show was pre-empted by Impeachment hearings several times during the week they were filming in Las Vegas.  I understood that the episodes that were not shown nationally would be repeated when possible during the rest of the year.  OK.  So today I watched a show from Vegas and Kelly clearly stated that it was December 26, 2019.  I know they did not return to Vegas the day after Christmas.  What gives?

Isn't it possible the Vegas shows were originally meant for the holiday break?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Isn't it possible the Vegas shows were originally meant for the holiday break?

They knew the hearings were going to happen. They probably edited in the date after the fact?

I didn’t watch these episodes bc I don’t typically care for when they’re on location. I really only enjoy the show when it is live.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, snowydaze said:

How is carrot top still popular ?  He was  so lame it was  embarrassing!  Maybe he is able to do more edgy or political  things on stage, but his appearance on Live was so lame. 

Yeah the whole stage setup is kinda weird. I think it plays more to a live audience than to a camera.  Plus it was kinda G-rated.  He can get raunchy sometimes.  Plus K&R were just standing there so awkwardly.  Give them a couple chairs, maybe a lil table.  Something.  Sheesh. It was just weird.  Normally i do like him, glad he's not as pumped up. He looks better, strong but not like he could rip your head off like a PEZ dispenser lol

On 12/27/2019 at 12:16 PM, UncleChuck said:

Laurie's show with Tom Bergeron was a very fun show.  It was produced in a studio that was a very large apartment in NYC with various rooms (including a bathroom) and various segments were done in different rooms.  The network was F/X and the show was finally cancelled when F/X changed its format.

For one show, Tom and Laurie (Hibbard) were interviewing Regis.  Of course, in those days, Regis did not do any appearances like that without bringing along his producer, Michael Gelman.  They put Gelman on camera with Regis and he and Laurie started conversing (flirting) ...and the rest is history.

Wow you just took me flying down memory lane!  I really liked that show.  Why arent they mining it for clips?! Its would be a goldmine for Gelman, and even Laurie clips hehehehs

So it was the annoying Viewer’s choice awards show ! The audience screaming non stop along with idiotic clips made it ffwd time !

And Kelly apparently works out like crazy but she gets out of breath just running out and greeting  the audience ? 

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, marmalade said:

So it was the annoying Viewer’s choice awards show ! The audience screaming non stop along with idiotic clips made it ffwd time !

And Kelly apparently works out like crazy but she gets out of breath just running out and creating the audience ? 

The screaming audience is super annoying ! The categories are ridiculous too ! Just a way to waste time so the two hosts can have another vacation day when they just got back two weeks ago from a break !

i noticed Kelly huffing and puffing and Ryan was not out of breath . For someone who does as much cardio as Kelly that is surprising ! I see Ellen dance through her whole audience and she doesn’t  seem out of breath like that . Then again , just because you starve yourself to a skeleton of  90 something lbs , it doesn’t mean you’re in great shape . I think moderation is healthy  Kelly is a bag of bones who is extreme and afraid of food . .

• Love 1