Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was a little surprised that Kelly, who wouldn't let her daughter wear leggings, allowed her to wear what she had on in this picture.  I wouldn't let a teen her age dress like that .  

lol, I've seen pics of Lola that are even more daring than that.  She is so buxom, lol, but yet flaunts them and I think she's only 16?  I'm quite surprised, knowing how 'traditional' Mark is, that he would not object to his 16 year old's cleavage so front and center.  

Anyway, listening to Kelly talk Mark Cuban's ear off while she tried desperately to get through that story about the Jonas bros. at her house, her girlfriend and her not showering, Lola being a fan, one of the Jonas bros. holding a baby, Mark holding a baby, her girlfriend and her coming down in full make-up.............what the heck was she talking about?!?!  For the love of all that is holy, someone give this girl some lessons on how to speak without stuttering, without 'ummm' ing every story to death.  The look on Cuban's face was priceless!!  His eyes glazed over after the gazillionth 'ummmmmm.'  I still don't know the point of the story--was it that the two old bags were trying to impress the Jonas Brothers?  Was it that Lola is not impressed anymore that the Jonas brothers visit?  Does Mark want another baby?  What the heck was the point of that story??

omg, she's still so terrible after all these years, lol.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, finnzup said:

lol, I've seen pics of Lola that are even more daring than that.  She is so buxom, lol, but yet flaunts them and I think she's only 16?  I'm quite surprised, knowing how 'traditional' Mark is, that he would not object to his 16 year old's cleavage so front and center.  

Anyway, listening to Kelly talk Mark Cuban's ear off while she tried desperately to get through that story about the Jonas bros. at her house, her girlfriend and her not showering, Lola being a fan, one of the Jonas bros. holding a baby, Mark holding a baby, her girlfriend and her coming down in full make-up.............what the heck was she talking about?!?!  For the love of all that is holy, someone give this girl some lessons on how to speak without stuttering, without 'ummm' ing every story to death.  The look on Cuban's face was priceless!!  His eyes glazed over after the gazillionth 'ummmmmm.'  I still don't know the point of the story--was it that the two old bags were trying to impress the Jonas Brothers?  Was it that Lola is not impressed anymore that the Jonas brothers visit?  Does Mark want another baby?  What the heck was the point of that story??

omg, she's still so terrible after all these years, lol.

I was thinking the same thing & feeling really sorry for Mark Cuban.  Gawd, that woman is never going to change.  I changed the channel before they finished "host chat".  I've gotten to the point, the mere sound of her chipmunk voice is really getting on my nerves.

• Love 5

Whomever decided that a powdery white look on Kelly is a good idea should be summarily fired.  She's skeletal enough as it is!  She needs a healthy patina to her skin!

My favorite moment was after she was complaining about the dry ice getting on her hair and face, she turned to the audience clearly hinting she wanted a negative response to, "Do you like (the new prop guns)?"  The crowd was completely flummoxed.  They understood her cue, but they saw Cuban loving life while shooting them off.  So, we got more applause than Kelly wanted, but a whole lot of awkward, too.  Beautiful.

• Love 4

Whomever decided that a powdery white look on Kelly is a good idea should be summarily fired.  She's skeletal enough as it is!  She needs a healthy patina to her skin!

You're right!  That's what looked so different.  I thought she looked awfully drained and not her usual self.  I think it makes her eyes look very tired.  I thought they were very, very heavy with her eye shadow in that dark brown and against the paler white make-up it just didn't compliment her, imo.

I also wondered why they didn't cover their coffee mugs with all that falling chemical snow.  

I'm beginning to think they are never getting a new co-host and Kelly will absorb the extra cash in her next contract negotiations.  

On another note, did you see Regis will be a guest co-host on Home and Family over at Hallmark?  

• Love 1

Chris Hardwick again?  I'm thinking that ABC synergy is at it again.  Isn't he the new host of "The Wall" and isn't it on ABC?  

I like him on Talking Dead, I like him on Live!, just don't like him with Kelly....I think he's better than her.  Always love his 'kissing pics' with his wife, just stunning locations.

I was thinking the sane thing,  finzup, abt Chris Hardwick,  being too good for Kellmee. I like him for being smart,  funny, vand clever. ..and don't want him to lower himself to Kell's same old stories or limp humor. She's beyond relevant now, just another rich celebrity with nothing new to offer,  except trying to capotalize on current trends as though she has a clue abt real lives of people. Kell needs to go away.  

Also,  she had been flailing  her forearms about quite a bit the past two days.  Who talks like that?  

Edited by Tosia
Spelling is important.
  • Love 2

What has happened to Kelly? I haven't tuned in a lot, but she just looks different somehow.   First of all, her hair is really thin, it looks like her hairline is receding.    Then her face, which always looked nice, even when she is at her thinnest, looks very white, and very fake looking, and  drawn.  I wonder if she's been hitting the botox a little too often.  

She looked creepy skinny during the boxing segment.  

Beyond all of that, her fake persona, and her kissing up to celebrities is just so boring.    She overdoes it all the time.    S

I see the ratings are not as high as when Michael was on,  Ellen is beating Kelly in the ratings now.   She was down to #20 in December. I wonder if  Disney will just let her get her way and not hire a co-host, since they are saving a lot of money, and just let this sad show die a slow death.

It's sad it has morphed into  Kelly sitting around discussing life with her rich friends, so so boring and unrelatable.

I agree that when I tune into any other talk show with women hosts,  like Ellen, Hoda and Kathie Lee,   or even Rachael Ray, they all do not come across like Kelly who is trying way too hard, and is so phony.  

I caught Fashion Finder online, and Kelly is even worse than she is on the air.   Her posing and modeling is nauseating. She reminds me of some of the moms of my friends when I was in high school who just needed to always act and look like teenagers.    

• Love 8
On 1/5/2017 at 6:46 AM, finnzup said:

Chris Hardwick again?  I'm thinking that ABC synergy is at it again.  Isn't he the new host of "The Wall" and isn't it on ABC?  

The Wall airs on NBC.

I think the show flows better when the guest co-host lingers for a 2-4 day stint.  A daily revolving door can get annoying.

• Love 2

Wow, this supposed co-host search is never ending , and think that Kelly's wonderful treatment of her previous  hosts might be part of the reason .

Regis was interviewed on an evening entertainment show last night and it was interesting. He is cohosting Home and Family on Hallmark this week , so they spoke to him about that . Regis was then questioned as to whether he would ever cohost with Kelly again. He was very nice , but actually said thAt he thought she got mad at him because he left , so he didn't think that he'd host . The topic of Michael was also brought up , and how Kelly is also angry with him. She hasn't spoken to Regis since she left , and  she treated like crap in the air when he was leaving , just as she did to Michael .

Kelly may put on the sweet phony act , gushing over her guest cohosts  , complimenting them and fawning over them , but I think she really is quite a spoiled, entitled , and childish person to work with if she isn't the center of attention , or doesn't get her  way. This seems to be a person who is very spoiled since she fell into roles and this gig from a young age .

Yesterday I caught the host chat with Jerry O"Connell.  First of all, she interrupted him right off to make his story all about her, ask usual . Then came the story about Lola and the cell phone .  

I feel bad for Lola sometimes . Some of Kelly's  stories are  funny and cute, but some of it is just plain weird for a mom to say on national tv about her daughter, or any child . If she feels Lola is superficial or attention seeking , maybe she needs to look in the mirror and realize that she is her role model .  

Right now it seems like Kelly's nice and gushing act is as fake as her bleached hair and overly tightened and botoxed face .

Kelly's constant pretend self -deprecating comments are nauseating. Today she once again had to tell us how everyone thinks she's a boy . Well, it's not like she didn't ever look female . Before she starved herself below 100 lbs, she looked fit, but healthy . Now she looks like a wooden plank with desjgner clothing .

It is so true about fashion finder . Kelly who pretends to be so modest is always posing, staring at herself in the mirror , and dong her fake cigarette act  in the latest  video.

i do think that all of her fake,   cute , and nice act is getting old since she is now close to 50, and  publicly  putting down her employer and co workers will someday come back to bite her . She's no longer the hip kid . She's an aging , very plastic looking middle aged woman who  has stepped in on a lot of toes, and in the entertainment industry she is a dime a dozen.

Edited by larsonb
  • Love 12

I hate that a television legend like Regis has to feel that way and be asked about that show to this day. If it weren't for Regis Philbin agreeing to work with her and making it work Kelly would just be an average actress with no talent in a mundane career. Instead she has made millions on a talk show that she doesn't deserve. 

If she criticizes her daughter for being superficial and attention seeking that's because she was exposed to it her whole life. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree so to speak.

• Love 7

I've always just checked out who the guests are and DVR'd accordingly.  This week I'm only taping today's show with Andrew Garfield.  I'll skip through host chat and stick around for the interview with AG.  I know it's an unpopular opinion but I like Kelly as an interviewer.

UGH- Kelly's constant pretend putting herself down is beyond sickening .

Her way of getting compliments is to totally gush over the co-host, and say how  old and not pretty she is, until finally the co-host fells her how great she looks .   So fake and so insecure.

Yesterday, what was that stupid thing about her friend wanting 10 thousand Instagram followers? It sounds like something a high school girl would do . 

Kelly does constantly mock Lola and her mom.  Little does she know, but when she imitates what her daughter does, it sounds like a young version of her .

• Love 1

Doing a drive-by check of Our Gal Kelly. She is just as bad as ever. She does her little dance intro, and the guest co-host compliments her dancing. She shimmies in her seat, and explains, "I'm wearing tights," as if THAT explains it?? She then assures us she is NOT sexy - a LOT of things, but NOT sexy. THEN, she launches into THE most ridiculous thing she has uttered (then again, I haven't watched much, so I'm sure I missed many other gems) - I suppose one calls it her "humor." She says that she did something last night she hasn't done "in twenty-seven, eight, or maybe twenty-nine years." DO TELL with such a build up!! She wore - get this, hold on - RED LIPSTICK. If THAT wasn't DUMB enough (Halloween Shows much??) she shows us the hilarious "pout" she sported ALL-NIGHT because she was wearing red lipstick. How long did it take for her to come up with this brilliant tale??

John L. had a decent remark - "So it looked like a frozen botox face all night?"

Why yes. All night, and all the next day. Rinse, lather, repeat.

It goes on from there - something about how her parents now OWE HER $10,000 because she eloped??

This is The Talent??? YMMV

Edited by Jeanius
Her jaw line is sharp enough to slice her morning avocado
  • Love 6

Does Kelly not realize how petty she looks when she says her parents owe her $10,000 since she never went to college or had an "official" wedding? I can see joking about it once, but she's referred to it multiple times the last few weeks.

Used to like Jerry O'Connell but he's crossed into the "so desperate for this job" category with his over the top zany personality.

• Love 4

It didn't seem like a joke when  Kelly seriously looked into the camera and told her parents they owe her $10,000 because she didn't go to college and have a wedding.  I was beyond appalled.  My husband and I aren't even in the same universe as her 20+ million salary not to mention her husband's salary and yet we would never expect our parents to reimburse us for our expenses and loans.   It was our choice.    What kind of person does that !!!!!!!!   That is just sick.

• Love 6

Kelly is now so out of touch with realty of normal people's lives, that she constantly makes stupid comments about money, as if we don't know she makes 20 million year .

Then she acts like she would love to be a nanny for the rich couple who is traveling the world, like she wanted to do, and live on 1300 a month, as if it would be so exciting ? And she could never do it without being with that family. That is until she tells us that she and Mark were thinking of quitting their jobs when the children were young, and traveling the world!  So relatable ! 

We know all talk show hosts have money, but I don't see any who are so  disingenuous like Kelly, or so seem so much into making sure that they are celebrity name dropping and butt kissing , and pretending they are struggling! 

During one of latest her self- adoration sessions , called Fashon Finder, Kelly continued her  conversation about how she could eat or drink all night because she has red lipstick on for the show she went to the other night ! (As If we are to believe she would ever be eating anything at party )

Oh and did you know that Kelly accidentally ended up on a red carpet going into the show with her red lipstick!  Yes, she has NO IDEA she was on the red carpet ! Gosh golly! She just had to pose , but she happened to end up there ! I guess all of the photographers and crowd didn't clue her in ! She so naive !   It's seriously nauseating watching her fake display of how "real" she is, while she puts herself down, so she can get compliments.

it's too bad that she can't grow up a bit, and get outside of herself long enough to be just a bit more real. 

• Love 4
On 1/12/2017 at 3:11 PM, Balboa said:

Used to like Jerry O'Connell but he's crossed into the "so desperate for this job" category with his over the top zany personality.

I have watched "Live" since the late 1980s (well, ok, just the host chats).  If the producer hire Jerry O as the co-host, I am done.  I have never gotten the fascination with him and his JimCarrey-like goofiness is borderline sad and pathetic.

On 1/13/2017 at 9:13 AM, MerBearHou said:

How many times do we have to hear about her short arms?  Good grief, Kelly, you are so repetitive with your BS.

Probably as often as we had to hear about Notre Dame.  Or Joey Bishop.  Or the Yankees.  

Check back in 25 years, and the mentions of alligator arms will be up to about half as many as those Regis Golden Oldies Moments.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

Golden Oldie Moments:

Regis talks about Joey Bishop

Kelly talks about her short arms

Regis talks about Notre Dame

Kelly talks about how her parents owe her the tuition money

Regis talks about the Yankees

Kelly talks about wearing red lipstick

Edited by Jeanius
  • Love 2

I happened to catch Valerie Bertinelli on the Kids Bakery on Championship on food network.  She is nice, funny and real. She's the same way on her cooking show.

When I think back to how Regis wanted Valerie instead of Kelly, now I can see why . One is natural and  seems nice and real . The other,Kelly , pretends to be so real , but her fake personally, and the fact that she has conflict with anyone who is her permanent co-host,  makes me think her sweet personality is only sweet if she gets her way .

• Love 5
On 1/16/2017 at 7:13 PM, seacliffsal said:

I actually like it when Mark co-hosts.  They interact really well and it's like we get real stories (exaggerated, but nevertheless), and they give each other a hard time in a fun way.  

I often think Kelly is making up the stories but then Mark confirms them & has his funny take on them. She's a billionaire who came from humble beginnings. I'm sure it had to change her. How couldn't it?! I do prefer her when she first started with Regis. She had just come off AMC (one year doing both) and, actually did hard work on the soap with the hours & daytime pay (it wasn't like she was poor but it wasn't FRIENDS money). She just seemed more relatable. Now, with her NYC mansion, Hampton hideaway & Colorado getaway and rich friends she isn't little Kelly Ripa from the "soap". I miss those days.  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, mtlchick said:

That moment when Kelly and Anderson re-visit the time that Trump was on the show and the musical guest was Three Doors Down means...I can blame her for his election win, right?

Interesting...I thought I heard they performed at the inauguration. 

I like Anderson, but he would be crazy to cohost with Kelly, based on her record with turning her previous cohosts into villains , and not speaking to them when they leave .

Oh and Kelly can't even get the Bush story right! Does she read the crap they put in front of her ? Barbara left the hospital, George just got out of ICU.

i couldn't get through host chat . Her overdone fake emoting , and her inability to just be natural and tell a story is boring and nauseating at the same time .

The show has dropped to 18 and never wins the top talk show anymore . Maybe they're trying to make it a natural ending of the show by letting Kelly ruin the ratings on her own.

• Love 3
On 1/16/2017 at 7:13 PM, seacliffsal said:

I actually like it when Mark co-hosts.  They interact really well and it's like we get real stories (exaggerated, but nevertheless), and they give each other a hard time in a fun way.  

I often think Kelly is making up the stories but then Mark confirms them & has his funny take on them. She's a billionaire who came from humble beginnings. I'm sure it had to change her. How couldn't it?! I do prefer her when she first started with Regis. She had just come off AMC (one year doing both) and, actually did hard work on the soap with the hours & daytime pay (it wasn't like she was poor but it wasn't FRIENDS money). She just seemed more relatable. Now, with her NYC mansion, Hampton hideaway & Colorado getaway and rich friends she isn't little Kelly Ripa from the "soap". I miss those days.  

• Love 1
On 1/28/2017 at 8:12 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I love how in the reporting of one Kelly (Megyn) there is a focus on the decline of our Kelly (Ripa).  It is almost unimaginable to me as a decades-long viewer that LIVE has been overtaken by Today.

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/27/today-staffers-fearful-amid-megyn-kelly-shakeup/?_ga=1.12079540.1493149276.1389666711

I think it's also telling that Live with Kelly is advertising that there are seats available for the next day's show . I remember tying to get tickets when Regis was there, and then Michael was there , we could only get tickets for weeks in advance, when we couldn't be in NYC.

All of the spin in the world can't change the fact that this show is  down in ratings, and even the studio audience is not filling up.

Is it true that Kelly is behind the decision not to hire a co-host? If she is, she is ruining a show that was a good show. She needs a permanent, real, down to earth co-host to counter her overdone, phony , and boring stories and her fake personality.

She ran the ratings into the ground when Regis left, now she has improved, but she's still not able to carry the show alone .

This show always depended on spontaneous, real and sometimes over the top host chat . Now it could be taped two weeks in advance and no one would know the difference.  She reads silly clips and recycles the same stories over and over .

It would be nice is they for a good cohost to save the show

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 1

Maybe, just maybe Disney is giving Kelly what she wants for a few reasons, she first of all acted like a victimized employee, and was very public pretending her tantrum was to open a dialogue about 'respect in the workplace".  (gag me), so maybe the don't need her being a brat if she doesn't get her way again. Or, maybe they are saving money, and don't care if the show goes down the tubes.  One of the rumors before was that they wanted the show to die, so they could expand GMA, so maybe they're letting it die a natural death.  They have now seen Kelly act like a spoiled child when two co-hosts left. She speaks to neither of them, and they probably don't need the public drama.  I personally feel sorry for anyone who permanently hosts with Kelly. She acted nasty with both Michael and Regis when she found out they were leaving.

Right now, the show stinks.  It's all about Kelly either chatting with her celebrity buddies about their little parties or get togethers.  It's at times a bit much when  they call each other nicknames, and speak about their vacations to islands.  

Then we have the other extreme kissing up to celebrities who are not her friends, and it's nauseating.    The gushing over Leslie Mann was pathetic.   Everyone is Kelly's 'favorite', which she makes up these fake stories about loving them so much!! blech

It's no wonder they are advertising free tickets on their page for the next day!

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, rcc said:

Apparently now Kelly has a producer's credit. Insane decision IMO.

It really is insane.   But I think that Kelly's little tantrum came around contract negotiations, and they wanted to stop the nonsense.

She can't even read the articles in front of her nose, let alone produce a show.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 4

Today I actually watched host chat. 

Talk about painfully dull. Watching Kelly have girl talk with other celebrities is quite a snore .

Kelly's fake reaction because Carol Burnett said she'd be watching and Thad she said she loved her was so phony and overdone . It's not like Carol never was on the show and didn't say she watched he show . Poor modest Kelly didn't know how to even hold her hands she was so overwhelmed! 

Busy Phillip's blouse looked ridiculous, and her nasal voice s is annoying.

I am also very glad to hear how to survive a bear attack! 

No wonder they are not selling out their free tickets  

So, the whole bear attack routine was quite incorrect.  It depends on what kind of bear it is, and then you should have a different response.  But it was super fun to watch Kelly make herself big.

Kelly got "Executive Producer" status after her meltdown and to settle her down after Strahan saw the light and fled to GMA.  The suits thought that would calm her down a bit.  I wonder if she sits in on the production meetings?  lol  She has to be the luckiest person in show business.

• Love 3

Did you know that Busy Phillips has Kelly's favorite face? At least since she's co-hosting , she's her favorite!  

It's priceless waddling someone who stares as herself during the show and during Fashion Finder, put herself down and pretend she is so modest . Lol

Oh and her excitement ad the thought of the fat being sucked out of her was so hilarious!  So excited to get even skinnier ! Very healthy !

I'm thinking Disney will not forget Kelly's little   tantrum ,  and someday it wil come back to bite her.

Edited by larsonb
  • Love 5

I wonder if they had to shield Kelly's eyes from Michael bringing out the trophy at the end of the Super Bowl!  She is such a spoiled brat.    I can't imagine anyone cohosting with her and having it end nicely.  Maybe this time they'll pick someone younger, and she will be at the other end of someone else treating her like she treated Regis and Michael.

• Love 4

I DVR'd Monday's show because I adore David Oyelowo, and trust me, he did not disappoint.  Tracee Ellis Ross stayed for his interview and the rest was talk show bliss with DO giving his rendition of an old school Shakespearean actor giving a bow!  I watched it this morning twice!

I tried to watch the last two days because I was working from home and I liked some of the guests .

Looks like Kelly is doing the "I'm so dumb about sports" routine, just like she used to do her "I know nothing about computers routine", which is as so over the top fake .

First she said that she had no idea that the Patriots won the Super Bowl because she was watching TV in another room. Really? Maybe for s few minutes , but I'm sure that people watching the game did or said something when they won .

It was funny seeing her getting caught  telling her usual fake story when she then described Giselle Bunchen's reactions when her husband  Tom Brady won the super bowl ! Even though she had no idea they  won ! It's a little thing, but it just shows how fake she is . It's funny to watch her  realize she's just told a different story and try to make it seem real !

I think Mark is a good co-host compared to the boring  parade of celebrities .

Kelly's fake gushing over her cohosts is nauseating. 

It would be hillarious to see Kelly with a permanent female cohost ! I can not imagine her sharing attention with another female would would have her own fans and take attention away from her !

• Love 3