Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Tried to watch - who is Josh ??? and do we care that he left his ring on the nightstand?? NO ONE is going to try and sleep with him, don't worry Mrs. Josh ... AND Kelly takes over with the over-the-top exclamations about Japanese food!! and SOY SAUCE!!! being the CAUSE of finger swelling - HEY KELLY - it's called SODIUM. To the point of "He's drinking a MUG of SOY SAUCE!! yuck yuck" - this is funny????

Three minutes in and I'm ........ CLICK

(Plus that chest thing started pulsing at me. Skinny-shame, skinny-shame!!)

Couldn't disagree more.  I am not a Josh Gad fan and think he is overrated, but I thought that the Host Chat was surprisingly good for both of his days. I think Host Chats are so much better when the hosts actually talk and don't dive right into the Gelman Clippings.  I have no idea how he did for the rest of the show, since I only record the first dozen minutes of the show.  The last 45 minutes has sucked since the late 80s when Regis and Kathie Lee were in charge.

20 hours ago, finnzup said:

........ is she stumbling over words even more so as of late?  Gosh, she can't get through a sentence without these long pauses........

I think it must be tough to have a different co-host each day and having to have insta-chemistry.  Kathie Lee has been having guest co-hosts on Today Fourth Hour for a couple weeks this month and she has stumbled as well -- even with Aging St Regis by her side.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

OMG  how darn dull can host chat get? Unless Kellme has a good co-host like Anderson, she is horrid. She literally repeats the same old stupid stories about her wedding in Vegas, and all of her other boring stories over and over! 

What happened to picking up a NY newspaper and talking about things around the city, or the country?   Of course, she did try to do that in the past and was a disaster, trying to actually read and be spontaneous!  

They need to hire a good co-host and fast.  Kelly once again is tanking with different co-hosts. I remember when Regis was between co-hosts and he was very good. There is no excuse for someone making 20 million a year to be so bad after all these years.  

Fred Savage IMO is just too silly and desperate.  He tries way to hard and is not very interesting.  I think that Jerry O'Connell was way better, not as desperate for the job.  I think Keegan was also very good.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, orangekit said:

OMG  how darn dull can host chat get? Unless Kellme has a good co-host like Anderson, she is horrid. She literally repeats the same old stupid stories about her wedding in Vegas, and all of her other boring stories over and over! 

What happened to picking up a NY newspaper and talking about things around the city, or the country?   Of course, she did try to do that in the past and was a disaster, trying to actually read and be spontaneous!  

They need to hire a good co-host and fast.  Kelly once again is tanking with different co-hosts. I remember when Regis was between co-hosts and he was very good. There is no excuse for someone making 20 million a year to be so bad after all these years.  

Fred Savage IMO is just too silly and desperate.  He tries way to hard and is not very interesting.  I think that Jerry O'Connell was way better, not as desperate for the job.  I think Keegan was also very good.

Host chat was so boring to hear abt  Josh losing his ring,  Kelly's same old stories,  or her fingernails,  etc.

Josh was good with Brice Howard,  Jonah Hill, and they other guy from his latest movie. I think he had a fun,   newer, little-but younger vibe that leaves Kelly in the dust. She's not relevant to new Hollywood.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

She's not relevant to new Hollywood.

Oh, and what a bitter pill that is to swallow for our gal Kel.

What's that saying?  Karma's a ........................  ;)

• Love 3

I think Nick Lachey checks the most boxes.  Easy on the eyes, definitely male, reasonably legit celebrity background, good understanding of how the industry actually operates/works.  He's very self-assured and confident, but does not give off an arrogant vibe.  He's certainly cool enough (not manic) to be a day-in/day-out presence on our TVs.

He has a consistent and positive history on LIVE.  He gets it (and her).  YMMV

• Love 3

TheWrap is hit-or-miss, but they do a rundown of ratings by guest co-host.  I don't put much stock in that site.  The other major Kelly Ripa story they are hyping is how "co-hosts are being invited back".  Apparently the intern that "wrote" the story isn't aware that we are seeing re-hashed compilation shows (with fresh pre-taped host chats) until the new season starts after Labor Day.

http://www.thewrap.com/kelly-ripas-guest-co-hosts-ranked-by-tv-ratings-from-kimmel-to-cohen-photos/

On August 6, 2016 at 4:46 AM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I think Nick Lachey checks the most boxes.  Easy on the eyes, definitely male, reasonably legit celebrity background, good understanding of how the industry actually operates/works.  He's very self-assured and confident, but does not give off an arrogant vibe.  He's certainly cool enough (not manic) to be a day-in/day-out presence on our TVs.

He has a consistent and positive history on LIVE.  He gets it (and her).  YMMV

Nick also hosted his own talk show, VH1's Morning Buzz (that name may not be exactly right, but it's close), which ended awhile ago. The only stumbling block to getting him possibly is, his wife Vanessa's an actress (Vanessa Lachey) & I think she might have a role in 1 of the new fall shows based in LA (I guess there's always a bicoastal marriage, but they also have a 4-year-old son & an 18-month-old daughter).

I'd been wondering if they were on vacation this week. It was really clear they probably are after seeing today's episode. Ryan Seacrest was the guest Co-Host. He's in Rio right now, hosting the late night Olympic coverage for NBC, & they even talked about him doing that during Host Chat. So today was definitely a repeat of a complete old show or 1 of those "cut & paste" shows where they make an ep out of different segments from old eps & pass it off (or try to) as a "new" ep while they're on vacation.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

TheWrap is hit-or-miss, but they do a rundown of ratings by guest co-host.  I don't put much stock in that site.  The other major Kelly Ripa story they are hyping is how "co-hosts are being invited back".  Apparently the intern that "wrote" the story isn't aware that we are seeing re-hashed compilation shows (with fresh pre-taped host chats) until the new season starts after Labor Day.

http://www.thewrap.com/kelly-ripas-guest-co-hosts-ranked-by-tv-ratings-from-kimmel-to-cohen-photos/

Yeah. Ryan Seacrest was today's Co-Host. Besides the facts that I'm pretty sure he hasn't been cloned & they mentioned he was going to host stuff during the Olympics during Host Chat, I knew it was a repeat/compilation show today just because he was Co-Host. It's pretty hard for him to be in Rio hosting Olympic segments for NBC & in NYC Co-Hosting with Kelly on the same day. Until I saw Ryan in NYC Co-Hosting today, when I knew he's been in Rio doing the Olympics for the last week, I have to admit I wasn't sure if they were on vacation/pretaped shows this week or not (especially since I usually only stick around to hear the guest list & for Host Chat/the trivia & opening dancing stuff).

On 8/13/2016 at 4:36 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

I think all week was "cut and paste", as are the next couple weeks.  I don't think we get fresh shows (and fresh co-host tryouts) until after Labor Day.   

The network requires them to take weeks off each summer prior to the new season....its always been that way. My cousin is a camera man with "The View"....same for him...they are off until after Labor Day.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, autumnh said:

The network requires them to take weeks off each summer prior to the new season....its always been that way. My cousin is a camera man with "The View"....same for him...they are off until after Labor Day.

Any comments from your cousin about the behind the scenes at The View. As in is Whoopi really that bad. Or anything he heard about Kelly. Is she really that bad. If you can share that is. Would be most appreciated.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, rcc said:

Any comments from your cousin about the behind the scenes at The View. As in is Whoopi really that bad. Or anything he heard about Kelly. Is she really that bad. If you can share that is. Would be most appreciated.

He will never discuss anything about it.....I am pretty sure they sign a disclosure to keep quiet.

• Love 2

Heard Kelly's retread story about her and her mom shopping in the early years.........seeing the 'nude' woman across the store, realizing the 'nude' woman was Kellmee herself.........she kept saying 'nude' and then clarifying 'in my bra'.....that's not nude Kelly, just so you know.

• Love 1

I used to look forward to the live shows, now they could be doing a raped show all the time and it wouldn't matter . They never look at a news paper and talk about the news of the day Kelly repeats all of the same stories over and over.  She is boring and irrelevant now. It's weird seeing someone who mocked Regis  who was almost 80 when he left, stammer over her words and be unable to remember that she is repeating herself, and unable to make the show feel "live".

• Love 2

I can't with Fred Savage...just can't.  He's a very, very nice guy but his energy is too much for me.  And I have to say, his dorkiness is annoying.  I sincerely hope he isn't the choice for Kelly's new co-host.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Katy-lied said:

On August 22, Deadline announced Fred was in the cast of a new series for Netflix, co-starring Cobie Smulders & Keegan-Michael Key, among others.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/keegan-michael-key-cobie-smulders-annie-parisse-fred-savage-cast-friends-from-college-nick-stoller-netflix-comedy-series-1201806715/

19 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

He said "he" was moving to NY - not the family?  Maybe he is coming just to do the series, not to be cohost.

We can only hope. I don't think the producers will make up their minds until later this fall and have the new co-host ready for January 2017.

I think Fred has a 20% chance, since they likely want to add someone a bit younger than Kelly. I would put the "Andys" at another 20%.  I can't imagine Andy Cohen leaving his Bravo perch and I think the producers/principals realize that Cooper has logistic issues, especially if he wants to continue doing long form pieces for 60 Minutes (which likely wants him fulltime). But I also think that if Kelly insists and one of them truly wants it, it's a done deal.

The wild card could be Alec Baldwin, who would bring a "name".  He seems to be playing nice with ABC ("Match Game") and seems to have reached a point in his life where just hanging in NYC with his new family suits him.  Not sure that there are lots of movie deals headed his way and he seems to have calmed his outspoken political rants.

4 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

We can only hope. I don't think the producers will make up their minds until later this fall and have the new co-host ready for January 2017.

I think Fred has a 20% chance, since they likely want to add someone a bit younger than Kelly. I would put the "Andys" at another 20%.  I can't imagine Andy Cohen leaving his Bravo perch and I think the producers/principals realize that Cooper has logistic issues, especially if he wants to continue doing long form pieces for 60 Minutes (which likely wants him fulltime). But I also think that if Kelly insists and one of them truly wants it, it's a done deal.

The wild card could be Alec Baldwin, who would bring a "name".  He seems to be playing nice with ABC ("Match Game") and seems to have reached a point in his life where just hanging in NYC with his new family suits him.  Not sure that there are lots of movie deals headed his way and he seems to have calmed his outspoken political rants.

All good possibilities for sure. I heard Andy Cohen on his radio show talking about the rumors and of course he could be spreading another rumor but he said as much as he loves Kelly he has a contract with Bravo and likes what he does. So maybe a smokescreen or maybe true. Time will tell.  Personally I would be surprised if he takes it. He does so many things at odd hours and odd times I don't know how he could fit this in so early in the am

Wondered why it took this long.......just read today that Kellmee is now an Executive Producer of the show, lol.  According to sources, it came on the heels of her being disrespected with the whole Strahan kerfluffle and ABC wanting to make nice with her.  

I was hoping they'd have shown her the door, but I guess the network isn't ready for Live! with Andy & Anderson, lol.

• Love 5

It took less than 2 minutes for Kelly to prompt applause for the new set design, which y'all know good and darn well she mandated as one of her first EP edicts!  I do like the background.  It is very evocative of Fall in NYC as I saw it from a different corner of the building they tape that show in.  Classy.  Classic.  The new chairs for host chat are horrible.  They are as thrones.

Hmmmm.

On September 7, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

It took less than 2 minutes for Kelly to prompt applause for the new set design, which y'all know good and darn well she mandated as one of her first EP edicts!  I do like the background.  It is very evocative of Fall in NYC as I saw it from a different corner of the building they tape that show in.  Classy.  Classic.  The new chairs for host chat are horrible.  They are as thrones.

Hmmmm.

I have watched this since Day 1 and I can honestly say I don't see a difference in the set. It looks exactly the same. Even the color yellow/brownish is the same. Maybe, I need my eyes checked.

Now, back to the show. Kelly and Anderson were funny as usual today. I do wonder once the election is over if Anderson would want the gig full time. I know he wanted it last time and then started his own show with cancelled shortly thereafter. I'm sure Kelly wants him to. I guess we will know by November sweeps when the announcement is made. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. He does a good job. He's a little nutty and has way too many hang ups but overall he's has "it". Meg Ryan looked okay. She didn't look as weird as she did earlier in the year. She obviously had work done and the part of her mouth looks hard. That said, she didn't look totally bizarre and looks basically like every other over 40 celebrity who's has work done. I've been watching her since ATWT and will always be a fan of hers. 

Anderson would be good, but Kelly's track record with being jealous and petty with cohosts  might end their friendship. I think she is very insecure and gets jealous easily. Now Anderson is fine with her, she is the star. But what will happen if he gets the gig and has a lot fans ?  When Kelly gets her little feelings hurt, she is a super bitch, and holds a grudge. Maybe it might be best not to hire anyone  she is friends with.

Maybe if Mark's  sitcom is a hit Kelly will want to move to LA! I think of they could get a good cohost and then replace Kelly of she left , that might be the best thing.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 2

Regarding Mark and his current employment I see them as forever New Yorker's.  She makes an obscene amount of money for sitting for an hour not to mention Michael is at NYU and the other two kids are in the NY school.   I see Mark racking up the frequent flyer miles and Kelly continuing doing what she's been doing, lol.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, finnzup said:

fl2dc, I know her dad has mentioned it on social media and I seem to think that she herself mentioned it awhile back.  

Thanks, finnzup. After I posted, I googled a bit and found a Page Six article confirming that he does go to NYU! 

New page!!! This thread is dead. Kelly has been bashed to death, no has heard much from ol' Reege, does anyone really care about the new co-host? I've seen Kelly's name pop up lately - one of those "Who wants to co-host with Kelly?" deals. "You think it's so easy," says Kelly.  Oh, you mean you work HARD at your job????? All that research, botox, exercise, and nibbling on goldfish??

And another item about how some Mr. Big Cheese was "sorry" for how the whole Strahan thingie went down. Yeah, okay. It was her reaction that some folks also objected to. Whatever. So what? Who cares? I came here to see all the "buzz" since Kelly is trying to get her name back in the news. We are all supposed to be on pins and needles to see who will sit Next. To. Kelly. OMG!!!!!

Will it be Fred?? Andy?? Seth?? Anderson?? Kermit?? Bozo??

Gawd, I can't wait.

• Love 3

WTF was Kelly wearing today?  It was super ugly. I am sure wearing mismatched patterns is some kind of fashion statement, but it was just an ugly look. And what's with the braids in her hair?   Not a great look either!

Whenever I see Kelly "dancing" on the opening, or if you see any instagram videos of her dancing before she walks out, it's just embarrassing.  I don't get how she gets up on dance floors and goes crazy all night, it's like Elaine on Seinfeld, so awkward!

• Love 5

Strahan looks out of his league over at GMA when they are discussing politics or news. Big mistake for ABC to place him over there. Entertainment news and/or sports would be more up his alley.

Kelly might as well have the occasional guest host and be her own host/producer. She wants all the attention anyway!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Strahan looks out of his league over at GMA when they are discussing politics or news. Big mistake for ABC to place him over there. Entertainment news and/or sports would be more up his alley.

Kelly might as well have the occasional guest host and be her own host/producer. She wants all the attention anyway!

Well I see I am not alone!  I kind of liked him at the beginning of his stint at Live but as time went on to me, he seemed to think that he was "all that".  I was glad to see him go, and now, he seems out of his element on GMA.

• Love 4

I can't bring myself to watch the whole show cuz of Kelly's poor over-acting.  Ever notice how when a guest says something--anything--Kell responds by saying the same thing happened to her?  She doesn't followup with further questions, or validation of laughing and saying what a great story. ..she makes it about her.     Everything that guest or co host had done or had happen. ...Kell had it happen to her or her family as well.  

Terrible conversationalist and interviewer. I 'm done. 

Her face is looking awfully tight as well. 

Edited by Tosia
gave is not a face.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

I can't bring myself to watch the whole show cuz of Kelly's poor over-acting.  Ever notice how when a guest says something--anything--Kell responds by saying the same thing happened to her?  She doesn't followup with further questions, or validation of laughing and saying what a great story. ..she makes it about her.     Everything that guest or co host had done or had happen. ...Kell had it happen to her or her family as well.  

Terrible conversationalist and interviewer. I 'm done. 

Her gave is looking awfully tight as well. 

My bold.  Huh???

• Love 1

I thought she was doing the Elaine dance because one of her very first co-hosts after Regis left was Jerry Seinfeld. But a friend said that if you look at her arm movements that she is doing a version of the Mummer's Strut because of her Philly connection. I am sure she doesn't dance like that when she goes out - can you imagine how mortified her daughter would be especially when she makes those weird facial expressions which is a cross between sucking a lemon and constipation.

Speaking of weird facial expressions, why does she always have her mouth wide opened in such surprise when there is nothing special that the other person is saying.. She also sticks her tongue out between her teeth.. On a positive note, she has stopped scratching her arms incessantly.. Now if we can only have her stop "fake smoking.". Not sure why she associates glamorous things with smoking.  I am surprised Disney hasn't asked her to refrain from this since there are people that watch this show that have and are struggling with this addiction.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, 3pwood said:

I don't care enough to watch this show, but I wonder whether Kelly Ripa has said anything about the fact that Agnes Nixon died yesterday? 

She made a point of it not to go to Travel Trivia until she gave a brief memoriam to AN.  She was very generous and did not overstate things, thus cheapening the effort.  Well done, Kelly.

• Love 6