Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

‘AJ And The Queen’: Josh Segarra, Michael-Leon Wooley, Katerina Tannenbaum & Tia Carrere Join RuPaul’s Netflix Comedy Series
by Denise Petski   September 21, 2018
https://deadline.com/2018/09/aj-and-the-queen-josh-segarra-michael-leon-wooley-katerina-tannenbaum-tia-carrere-join-rupauls-netflix-comedy-series-1202469032/

Josh Segarra (Arrow), Michael-Leon Wooley (The Princess and the Frog), Katerina Tannenbaum (Sweetbitter), and Tia Carrere (Wayne’s World) have joined the cast of AJ and the Queen, Netflix’s upcoming comedy series starring RuPaul Charles.

Written by Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City) and Charles, the series stars RuPaul as Ruby Red, a bigger-than-life but down-on-her-luck drag queen who travels across America from club to club in a rundown 1990s R/V with her unlikely sidekick AJ, a recently orphaned, tough-talking, scrappy 11-year-old stowaway. As these two misfits, one tall, one small, travel from city to city, Ruby’s message of love and acceptance winds up touching people and changing their lives for the better. Oh, and RuPaul performs a killer musical number in every drag club.

Segarra will play Hector, Wooley is Louis, Tannenbaum will portray Brianna and Carrere will play Lady Danger.
Segarra can also be seen as Jason in the feature remake of Overboard for MGM, as Adrian Chase/Prometheus on the CW’s Arrow and ‘C.O’ Stefanovic on Netflix’s Orange is the New Black. Other recent credits include Judd Apatow’s feature film Trainwreck and USA comedy series Sirens. He’s repped by Abrams Artists Agency and ATA Management.

Edited by tv echo

The 100 adds Teen Wolf actor J.R. Bourne in recurring role in season 6
SHIRLEY LI    September 21, 2018 
https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/21/the-100-jr-bourne-season-6/

J.R. Bourne is about to face a new pack.

The actor and Teen Wolf alum has joined the sixth season of The CW’s sci-fi thriller The 100 in a multi-episode recurring role, EW has exclusively learned. The actor will play Russell, described as “a charismatic leader, a visionary and pioneer who will face the difficult moral choices emblematic of the hard-hitting show.” Russell, who rules over a “peaceful society” will cross paths with Clarke (Eliza Taylor), with whom he’ll develop a — surprise, surprise — “complicated relationship.

Edited by tv echo

Doctor Who’s John Barrowman reflects on being one of the first LGBTQ figures in British television
By NADINE YOUSIF  Sept. 20, 2018
https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/2018/09/20/doctor-whos-john-barrowman-reflects-on-being-one-of-the-first-lgbtq-figures-in-british-television.html

“I remember the first day I walked on the Tardis as Captain Jack ... and I thought, ‘oh my god, this is just amazing.’ I’m part of what I grew up with,” Barrowman said.

He’s excited to spend this upcoming weekend in Edmonton, where he will be meeting with big fans of both the Doctor Who franchise and his more recent TV show Arrow, part of the DC comic universe.

“Every fan base is opinionated and has their own theories, but what I keep reminding people is ‘Remember, it’s a TV show, it’s not real,” he said. “ ... But that’s what’s so great about this genre, people are so passionate about it.”
“Jack was a rogue who really didn’t, to be blunt, give a shit about what other people thought about him, which is kind of the way I live my life in a sense,” Barrowman said.

The character was life-changing for Barrowman, as Captain Jack was a pansexual played by an openly-gay man at a time when representation of LGBTQ characters and actors on British television was minimal.

“To have young people even until this day come up to me and say ‘You’ve changed my life, you helped me realize who I was,’” Barrowan said. “ ... In more ways than one, [Jack] was a game-changer … and it was a joy to play the character.”
Along his role in Arrow, Barrowman co-hosts DC Daily, a show on the DC Universe streaming service that provides news on upcoming projects within the franchise. Barrowman has also returned to his Doctor Who roots by creating a free, online graphic novel that continues the storyline of Captain Jack Harkness.

Barrowman will be at Edmonton Expo along his Doctor Who co-stars Matt Smith and David Tennant, whom he admitted was his favourite Doctor to work with.

“David was the one that I spent the most time with, and Doctor number 10, if I can be so bold to say … we were the golden age of the resurgence of Doctor Who,” he said.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Here's a positive review for Grace...

Review: “Grace” Exceeds Expectations in Every Aspect
Olivia Luisi ’21 / September 26, 2018
http://emertainmentmonthly.com/index.php/review-grace-exceeds-expectations-in-every-aspect/

Grace starring Tate Donovan and Katie Cassidy is a film full of comedic moments dealing with a once upon a time famous writer named Charlie (Donovan) who has writer’s block. To make matters worse, Charlie’s best friend and agent Bernie (Matthew Lillard) has spent all of the money the two made from previous books without Charlie knowing. If Charlie doesn’t write another groundbreaking novel, the two will be in debt forever. In order to save himself, Bernie decides to send in another struggling writer, Dawn (Cassidy) to inspire and help Charlie get back to writing.
Throughout the film, the audience is drawn into Charlie’s rich but broken life. Whenever the audience sees Charlie struggling the coloring is full of dark blues to indicate the stress and depression that Charlie has been going through for most of his life. He lives in the house he grew up in and is consistently reminded of all the turmoil his mother put him through. Luckily, with Dawn helping him he starts to get over the hurdle of his past and start writing again. Dawn continually inspires Charlie to enjoy life again and to not be fearful of the world.

The writing was so brilliant that even when there was no dialogue the actors knew exactly how to capture the audience’s attention. The actors Tate Donovan and Katie Cassidy did an amazing job of reeling the audience into their world of being helpless writers that wouldn’t have been inspired if they hadn’t met each other.  Their dynamic with each other was breathtaking with every scene they were in.
The camera work was absolutely phenomenal. It amazed the audience that a certain movement of the camera angle could tell a story within itself.  One of the most interesting camera angles was when Dawn would move around the glass bunnies. At Dawn’s old home she would move around beer bottles near the front door so then if there was an intruder she would hear the bottles knockdown and be warned. So when she got to Charlie’s fancy house she decided to take the glass bunnies and put those around the door so then she could do the same thing if there happened to be an intruder.

Grace is a film full of breathtaking storylines that so many writers can relate to. Not only was watching the film enjoyable, but also seeing how all the behind-the-scenes crew worked on the film was an amazing experience. Grace is one of the best movies of this year because it includes so much more than what meets the eye.

Overall Grade: B

Edited by tv echo

According to this tweet, both KC and Matthew Lillard missed the Sep. 23rd Grace screening at the Boston Film Festival, so I'm not sure when or where this interview took place...

Katie Cassidy, Tate Donovan bring a little Grace to Boston
By Matt Juul  October 01, 2018 
https://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/katie-cassidy-grace

Both Donovan and Cassidy were thrilled to get the chance to shoot in and around the Hub, although the filming process was a bit harder on the Arrow star. Cassidy had to balance working on the hit CW superhero series with Grace, often flying back and forth between sets in Vancouver and Boston.

"I was literally not sleeping, kind of a mess, but it actually worked. I don’t know how," admits Cassidy. "I think it worked for the character. I’m surprised I didn’t look 20,000 times worse than I felt because it was a lot of work. But it was worth it for me."

Despite the many sleepless nights, Cassidy loved the story of Grace, as it portrays a hard-working, no nonsense woman who's just trying to get her foot in the door.

"She just doesn’t give a f—k," says Cassidy. "She just wants to have her voice be heard."

"[Charlie] heard her and he allowed her to have a voice," she adds. "With this movie, I love that Charlie gives her that. He gives her a voice and listens to her. I think as a woman, sometimes that can be frustrating. We don’t feel heard."

Edited by tv echo

I didn't know that Joe Dinicol was in L.A. Complex...

The L.A. Complex Reboot Eyed at CW
By Vlada Gelman / October 3 2018,
https://tvline.com/2018/10/03/the-la-complex-reboot-the-cw/

The original show — which ran on The CW in the summer of 2012 to a small but impassioned audience — starred Cassie Steele (Degrassi: The Next Generation), Jewel Staite (Firefly), Joe Dinicol (Arrow, Blindspot), Jonathan Patrick Moore (Blindspot) and Andra Fuller (The Game), among others. (The Season 2 ensemble went through something of a shake-up, as characters moved in and out of the complex.)

the-cw-best-shows-the-la-complex.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘DreamWorks Tales Of Arcadia: 3Below’: Glenn Close Among Voice Cast; First-Look Trailer – New York Comic Con
by Denise Petski   October 5, 2018
https://deadline.com/2018/10/dreamworks-tales-of-arcadia-3below-glenn-close-among-voice-cast-first-look-trailer-new-york-comic-con-1202477532/

Guillermo Del Toro unveiled a first look at his DreamWorks Tales of Arcadia: 3Below, the second chapter in the DreamWorks Tales of Arcadia triology Friday afternoon during the show’s panel at New York Comic Con.

3Below creator and executive producer del Toro was joined by voice talent Diego Luna (Narcos: Mexico), and fellow executive producers Rodrigo Blaas, Marc Guggenheim and Chad Hammes. The panel, along with moderator Whitney Matheson, unveiled the all-star voice cast including Glenn Close (The Wife) who made a surprise appearance at the Con.

DreamWorks previously announced the series will feature Luna and Tatiana Maslany in the lead roles of Krel and Aja. Nick Offerman, Andy Garcia, Nick Frost, Alon Aboutboul, Chris Obi, Uzo Aduba, Cheryl Hines, Tom Kenny, Haley Atwell, Danny Trejo, and Ann Dowd will be lending their voices along with returning talent from Trollhunters including Emile Hirsch, Charlie Saxton, Lexi Medrano, Steven Yeun, Cole Sands, Kelsey Grammer and more. Additionally, The Crystal Method created the main title theme that is heard in the opening credits video.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I’m sure she’s probably filming the usual amount. She’s shiiting something with LM tomorrow but it’s a long weekend in Canada so it shouldn’t affect her Arrow filming.   

Looks like EBR is the director of whatever this thing is ... below is a photo from his IG 

CCB4F344-BD63-488C-BC4D-FB39205088A9.jpeg

• Love 3

KC's film Grace is one of the official selections at the FirstGlance Film Fest Philadelphia 21 (indie film festival), but I don't know if KC will be attending...

FIRSTGLANCE FILM FESTIVAL
http://www.mainlinetoday.com/Main-Line-Today/Calendar/index.php/name/FirstGlance-Film-Festival/event/30791/

FirstGlance Film Festival, Philadelphia’s Independent Film Festival since 1996, returns to the Painted Bride Art Center, 230 Vine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 for a weekend of premieres and original indie films from the Philadelphia area and around the world October 12th through 14th, 2018.  Now in its 21st year, the festival includes a red carpet happy hour with appearance by Sharon Pinkenson, press and filmmaker interviews, networking with filmmakers, after parties with cast and crew, beer and wine bar, and a live awards ceremony on closing night.

From action adventure, comedy, drama and sci-fi, this year’s official selections explore themes including love, disabilities, relationships, and triumph over adversity.  Included in the 2018 selections are films starring Tate Donovan, Katie Cassidy, Debby Ryan, Matthew Lillard, Missi Pyle, Mircea Monroe, Joseph Morgan, Persia White, Richard Hatch (in his last performance), Chloe Dykstra, Gigi Edgely, Leah Cairns, Anna Hopkins, and a number of Philadelphia area actors, producers and directors. 

Edited by tv echo

CH plays Jack Lalanne in the film Bigger (being released next weekend)...

Movie Monday: Friday’s Upcoming Movie Releases for 10/12
October 8, 2018 americajr
http://americajr.com/news/2018/10/08/movie-monday-fridays-upcoming-movie-releases-for-10-12/

Bigger” Rated PG-13. 107 minutes. Drama.
-Julianne Hough, Calum Von Moger, Colton Haynes, Tyler Hoechlin; Director: George Gallo.

Official trailer:

(Moviefone)

Edited by tv echo

Anna Hopkins wrote and directed this film...

Austin Film Festival 2018 - The Give and Take
Interview with Writer/Director Anna Hopkins
October 2018
http://www.wearemovingstories.com/we-are-moving-stories-videos/2018/10/21/austin-film-festival-2018-the-give-and-take

When eleven year old Amy finds an old eighties video game magazine she dials the phone number displayed on the back, and in a strange cosmic glitch gets connected to Caesar Spinone, a video game call center employee in the year 1989.
Congratulations! Why did you make your film?
Thank you! I made this film to explore directing. I work primarily as an actor, and have written all my life. So I decided I wanted to take what I've learned over the years and move into a new phase. I had a bunch of story ideas, so I developed one that I felt could be accessible to a first time director like myself - one that was performance heavy, so I could do what I love most - work with actors. That said, I also love visual storytelling, but had much less experience in this. So I used this opportunity (this script was awarded a full production grant by bravoFACT!/Bell Media) to explore my own voice in how I would tell a story through images, and had a lot of fun building references, getting inspired, and collaborating with some incredible people.
How do personal and universal themes work in your film?
This film is a little exploration of the inner workings of serendipity. The core of it being, in my opinion, simple human connection. I think when we take the time to connect, whether it be with a stranger, or someone close to us, it sets us off in a new direction in that moment, and that's what shapes our lives. I guess a personal theme within this film is that sometimes I look back on periods of my life and only in retrospect can see the accumulation of the little things people said or did which were integral to my success - success being subjective of course. 
What’s a key question that will help spark a debate or begin a conversation about this film?
Do you believe in fate?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Sounds like Covert Affairs or even Alias...

ABC Developing Sorority Girl CIA Drama From Wendy Mericle, Ellen Pompeo & Timberman-Beverly
by Nellie Andreeva • November 7, 2018 
https://deadline.com/2018/11/the-sorority-girl-who-saved-your-life-cia-drama-abc-wendy-mericle-ellen-pompeo-sarah-timberman-carl-beverly-1202497189/

ABC has put in development The Sorority Girl Who Saved Your Life, a drama about a sorority girl who joined the CIA, from former Arrow co-showrunner Wendy Mericle, Ellen Pompeo, Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly as well as ABC Studios, where Pompeo’s Calamity Jane and Timberman-Beverly Prods. are based.

Written by Mericle, the project is inspired by The Sorority Girl Who Saved Your Life, the upcoming book by Tracy Walder and Jessica Anya Blau.

The Sorority Girl Who Saved Your Life details the incredible true story of Tracy Walder. Walder happened upon a CIA recruiter at a jobs fair and was recruited by the agency while a USC student and Delta Gamma sorority sister. She would spend the next five years as a covert operative for CIA’s Counterterrorism Center, assuming aliases, thwarting terrorist attacks, and hiding in the trunks of cars on her way to debrief terrorists at black sites. During her time at the CIA, Walder travelled to the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Southeast Asia, receiving awards for her service.

She went on to leave the CIA to join the FBI, one of the few women to ever do so. Walder, who has Master’s in education from Chapman University, is now a mom and teacher of foreign policy at an all-girls boarding school in Dallas, Texas.
This is the first development season for Mericle under an overall deal at ABC Studios where she moved in May after a six-season stint on the CW’s Arrow, the last three as executive producer/co-showrunner. Mericle previously worked on ABC’s Desperate Housewives. 

Edited by tv echo

“Grace”
Samie Hartley Nov 9, 2018
https://napavalleyregister.com/grace/article_bc693db2-e4ac-11e8-84dc-cba52e2106da.html

... Director Devin Adair said she’d revised her script more than 30 times over the course of 20 years, but I was left wanting more from “Grace”. I will say this: Tate Donovan does an amazing job of playing a manboy stunted by his own success and family privilege, and Katie Cassidy is delightful as a gritty ingenue who is seeking her own validation as a writer, but we’ve seen the older man inspired by the younger woman story so many times.

The give-and-take dynamic of the duo feels tired before it even starts. The story is about Charlie and his need to finish his book, but he is whiny and unlikable. He’s not only lost in writer's block, but he’s lost in life and he literally can’t even be bothered to pick up after himself yet he is repulsed by the ants swarming the dirty dishes left in the kitchen. If I could have slipped my hand through the screen, I would have slapped him. Get yourself together, man!

Cassidy’s Dawn is a far more compelling character. She’s flawed, but she wants to improve. Her need for approval masks her better judgement, but at least she can admit her mistakes. There is hope for Dawn. But unfortunately Dawn thinks there is hope for Charlie and we’re lead on a 101 minute journey that skips along at an unsatisfying pace.

I don’t like to pan movies I don’t like in a lot of detail, so I will leave it at that. However, I will compliment Adair because had this been written and directed by a man, I think the story would have ended much differently. Even though I wasn’t fond of the journey, I did appreciate the resolution of the film. I thought it was a nice touch.

Edited by tv echo
10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I need someone to explain that show to me.  I remember when they tried to transplant an American version but as far as I could tell it was just semi celebs not bathing in the woods?

In the Aussie version they throw people in the woods and make them do challenges survivor style.

I think there is also voting off survivor style.

I get the impression it's like D grade survivor.

• Love 1
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

In the Aussie version they throw people in the woods and make them do challenges survivor style.

I think there is also voting off survivor style.

I get the impression it's like D grade survivor.

Well in Austrailia with your critter crawlers it's all a life or death game! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Well in Austrailia with your critter crawlers it's all a life or death game! 

I watched the German version and they  had contestants closed in a casket like room while animals were crawling all over them.

Put their hands in boxes with animals.

Eat testicles of animals, eat all types of animals.

7 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I watched the German version and they  had contestants closed in a casket like room while animals were crawling all over them.

? That’s all very animal oriented.

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

? That’s all very animal oriented.

Well they were dropped off in the Austrian jungle and their base food was rice and beans and they had to play for additional food items through these challenges.

11 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Does anyone else remember Fear Factor?  Sounds about like that (minus the underwater and heights challenges)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Well they were dropped off in the Austrian jungle and their base food was rice and beans and they had to play for additional food items through these challenges.

Austrian jungle? 

39 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Would that be a forest?  What exactly is the criteria for a jungle?  

I meant Australian lol. Yeah we dont have the animals that a jungle has. Bears, foxes, wolfs and boars not scary enough.

• Love 1

The I’m A Celebrity viewing figures have been released – and they’re VERY surprising
David Hollingsworth 10:54am - Mon, November 19
https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/im-celebrity-viewing-figures-released-theyre-surprising-558391/

According to the overnight figures which have just been released, I’m A Celebrity is the most watched show of 2018 so far outside of the World Cup football matches.

A whopping 11 million viewers tuned in to watch the new campmates, including Torchwood actor John Barrowman and The Chase’s Anne Hegerty, in action. ITV says this is 750,000 more than last year – so Dec & Holly did better than Ant & Dec!
The audience peaked at an amazing 11.9 million! This is all means that more people watched the first episode of I’m A Celebrity than the opening of Bodyguard, which has been easily the biggest drama of the year.

Edited by tv echo
19 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Can we vote to keep JB in there long enough so Arrow can't bring Merlyn back this season?

These are the odds for I'm A Celebrity 2018 - and there's a clear favourite
By James Rodger  19 NOV 2018
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/tv/odds-im-celebrity-2018-theres-15433199

I'm A Celebrity viewers have tipped John Barrowman for the win after he sped into the show flossing in a speedboat.
He amused viewers with his exuberance as the show got under way on Sunday night, and many believe he will be crowned King of the Jungle.

"I hadn't realised that John Barrowman flossing on a speedboat was something I needed in my life, but I did #ImACeleb," said one person on Twitter.

"Of course John Barrowman starts with Flossing, he's already my favourite to win," said another.

"John Barrowman is my favourite human ever," posted another.

One tweeted: "There is NO WAY that john barrowman isn't gonna win this year."
However, others thought Barrowman's enthusiasm might get old.

"I can see John Barrowman getting annoying fast," warned one.

"Is it too early to vote John Barrowman out?" quipped another.
I’M A CELEB WINNER ODDS:
3/1 John Barrowman
(Read more)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Interview with David Nykl @VIECC Vienna Comic Con 2018 [HD]
Published on Nov 19, 2018, by nerdkeller.eu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50_U8NfT8w

-- DN is currently filming an HBO mini-series called Oblivious in Prague. It's a six-part series about spies in 1989 just before the Berlin Wall comes down. 

-- DN will also be working on an Amazon series called Carnival Row. He just went for his wardrobe fitting and will be filming in two weeks. He described it as "gas-lit, neo-Victorian... steampunk version." He said that Orlando Bloom is in it.

• Love 1