Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

I haven't heard of Crackle before.  Are they anyone people pay attention to?  

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That looks nothing like Katrina Law.

Agreed. I'm not sure it IS her.  

31 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I haven't heard of Crackle before.  Are they anyone people pay attention to?  

It's online streaming, original content movies and tv shows along with licensed of both. I pay attention to it, but I have the app on my Playstation. Sony owns Crackle.

• Love 1
Just now, statsgirl said:

The nose looks like her, and around the eyes.  Mega photoshop though.

Which means someone actually thought she looks better this way.  Do not get.  

• Love 2

I'm happy for Katrina that she's starting to score more leading roles, but it saddens me that the Flarrowverse producers continue to underrate her. Nyssa would be a wonderful addition to LOT and I will never understand why they seemingly never considered the idea of transfering her to that show. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, shadow2008 said:

I'm happy for Katrina that she's starting to score more leading roles, but it saddens me that the Flarrowverse producers continue to underrate her. Nyssa would be a wonderful addition to LOT and I will never understand why they seemingly never considered the idea of transfering her to that show. 

I think part of it is if you added Nyssa, you would have TWO nonpowered females.  And Legends likes it's powered people.  AND has never been balanced with its female vs male cast.  

Edited by BkWurm1
7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I think it's also partly because if they added Nyssa, the fans would expect them to pair Nyssa and Sara up, and I'm not sure they're interested in doing that. 

No that would limit Sara's ability to Kirk it through out time. Not to mention more importantly for the writers, limit Nyssa's ability to be LL's new BFF (when she was alive) and make jokes about Oliver being her husband. That said she could have had her on that show for more than one FB scene, Ra's spent more time with Sara on LOT. But good on KL for getting a leading role. If wonder if it's more likely Nyssa will be a casualty now?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

Another glammed-up Crackle pic of Katrina Law for The Oath...

They keep photoshopping away my favorite parts of her face, the quirks that make KL look like KL.

(edited)

More on KL's new series, The Oath...

Arrow Alum Katrina Law Cops Role in Crackle Drama The Oath
By Vlada Gelman / July 7 2017, 3:57 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/07/07/katrina-law-cast-the-oath-crackle-drama-series/

Executive-produced by rapper Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, the show explores a world of gangs made up of police officers. Game of Thrones vet Sean Bean stars as hard-charging cop Tom Hammond, who used to be the ruthless leader of a prominent gang of those who are sworn to protect and serve.

Law — whose TV credits also include CBS’ cancelled Training Day and Spartacus: War of the Damned — will play tomboy police officer Karen Beach, the sole female in the Ravens cop gang. Karen gets involved in a forbidden affair with a member of a rival group.
The ensemble also includes True Blood‘s Ryan Kwanten, Lincoln Heights‘ Cory Hardrict and The Magicians‘ Arlen Escarpeta.

The Oath is slated to premiere on the streaming network in 2018.

Edited by tv echo

Law — whose TV credits also include CBS’ cancelled Training Day and Spartacus: War of the Damned — will play tomboy police officer Karen Beach,

I see the promo photos reflect the show. ?

• Love 3

So I tuned into the new episode of Suits (I'm a glutton for punishment) and got slapped in the face with a Susan sighting in the PreviouslyOns.  Sigh.  How did I forget she was on that?  And that she broke Louis's heart. Ok, he mostly deserved it but still!

(edited)

You never know it could make the academy. The performances were strong and it was an interesting concept. 

Best of of luck to them anyway

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2
(edited)

Remember KC's movie, Wolves at the Door? I recently came across this review of that movie (warning: spoilers - and the review is negative)...

Home Entertainment Review: Wolves at the Door
By Kat Hughes -  Jul 27, 2017
http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2017/07/27/home-entertainment-review-wolves-door/

FYI, this movie was released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital HD on April 18, 2017...
http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/news/834715-wolves-at-the-door-comes-home#/slide/1

You can read other critics reviews and audience reviews at RottenTomatoes:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wolves_at_the_door/

Official Trailer:

WATD-01905r_preview-rev-1.png

Edited by tv echo

My first clue about the quality of the film set in 1969 would have been KC's character wearing that very 2017 cold shoulder dress.

Channel flipping this afternoon, I came across Anna Hopkins (Samantha) playing one of the evil stepsisters in a Cinderella/As You Like It update called After The Ball.  Starring Portia Doubleday with supporting actors Chris Noth, Colin Mockrie and Laurel Holly.

Better than the usual fare, partly due to a script by Jason Sherman (ReGenesis, Bloodletting and Other Miraculous Cures) but also because it's a tribute to Ann Silverstone, who owned The Little Shop, a well-known vintage shop in Montreal from her daughter, the CEO of Le Chateau who provided the clothes.

I

Arrow’s J.R. Ramirez Joins Jessica Jones Season Two
July 31, 2017 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas
https://411mania.com/movies/j-r-ramirez-joins-jessica-jones-season-two/

J.R. Ramirez is going from the streets of Star City to the streets of New York. Marvel has announced that the actor, who played Wildcat in Arrow on The CW, will appear as a recurring guest star in Marvel’s Jessica Jones season two. Ramirez will play Oscar, a devoted single father who moves into Jessica’s building as the new superintendent. While his young son becomes enamored with Jessica and her powers, Oscar keeps his distance, worrying about the trouble that follows people like her.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:42 AM, statsgirl said:

My first clue about the quality of the film set in 1969 would have been KC's character wearing that very 2017 cold shoulder dress.I

hehe I thought it was a modern day movie because of the dress! Had no idea it was set in 1969 until you said so! 

Great pregnancy dress though!

• Love 1

Josh Segarra is part of the cast of the new Overboard movie (shooting began in Vancouver in May, scheduled release date is April 20, 2018)...

Comedians Omar Chaparro And Adrián Uribe Join MGM/Pantelion’s ‘Overboard’
by Anita Busch  June 19, 2017 12:59pm
http://deadline.com/2017/06/mexican-comedians-omar-chaparro-adrian-uribe-overboard-movie-remake-1202116110/

Mexican comedy stars Omar Chaparro (No Manches Frida) and Adrián Uribe (Suave Patria) have joined Eugenio Derbez, Anna Faris and Eva Longoria in the comedy remake Overboard. Chaparro and Uribe are currently touring the U.S. and Mexico with their live comedy show Imparables.

Production is underway in Vancouver on Overboard, the re-imagining of the 1987 Goldie Hawn-Kurt Russell screwball romantic comedy turns the premise on its head by reversing the lead roles and features a diverse cast including Latino actors also including Mel Rodriguez (Last Man on Earth), Cecilia Suarez (Elvira, Te daría mi vida…), Mariana Treviño (Club de Cuervos), Fernando Luján (Ingobernable), Jesus Ochoa (Man on Fire) and Josh Segarra (Arrow).
The remake focuses on Leonardo (Derbez), a spoiled playboy from one of Mexico’s wealthiest families, who falls overboard from his yacht only to be stricken with amnesia and convinced by Kate (Faris), a working-class single mom, that he is her husband.
Longoria plays Theresa, Kate’s employer at a pizza restaurant as well as her closest family friend and trusted confidante. Rodriguez plays Bobby, Theresa’s husband. Suarez and Treviño play Magdalena and Sofia, Leo’s respective older and younger sisters. Luján plays Leonardo Sr., aka Papi, Leo’s ailing father and the richest man in Mexico. Ochoa plays Vito, Leonardo’s friend and co-worker. Segarra will play Jason, Bobby’s nephew. Chapparro plays Burrito, a member of Bobby’s crew. Uribe plays Burro, Burrito’s little brother and also a member of Bobby’s crew.

Edited by tv echo

Who is Celina Jade? How the Hong Kong actress became China’s box-office queen
BY VIVIAN CHEN    8 AUG 2017
http://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/news-trends/article/2105919/who-celina-jade-and-how-hong-kong-actress-became-chinas

Celina Jade has been making the headlines this week. The Hong Kong actress’ latest work, Wolf Warrior 2, just became China’s biggest ever box-office hit.

After 12 days of screening, the film grossed a whopping 3.4 billion yuan (HK$4 billion) on the mainland by the end of Monday, dethroning Stephen Chow’s fantasy film The Mermaid (2016) as the biggest mainland box-office hit.
“It’s an incredible project because even though it’s a Chinese-invested movie, we’ve got Hollywood quality action and production,” says Jade, citing the film’s action director Sam Hargrave of Captain America-saga fame. “It’s a totally different kind of configuration from the past.”
Prior to Wolf Warrior sequel, she’s best known for her role in The CW’s superhero TV series titled Arrow. She has been working with Wolf Warrior 2 co-star Wu Jing since 2008. They both starred in the action flick Legendary Assassin.
After being on Arrow’s permanent cast for three years (2013-2016), Jade, who is also a singer, wants to focus on films this year. She will be starring in Jesse Johnson’s crime thriller Triple Threat.

“Again although it’s a Hollywood movie, it features three Asian lead actors,” Jade says. “It’s a really fun action movie. You’d really be rooting for the underdogs in this film.”

Even though more film projects are coming her way, Jade says she won’t necessarily turn down TV offers.

“It really comes down to the stories and the characters,” she says. “I’m not really interested in playing decorative Asian roles.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

I guess we won't be seeing Anarky back on Arrow any time soon...

Supernatural: Alexander Calvert upped to series regular for season 13
Samantha Highfill   August 9, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/09/supernatural-alexander-calvert-series-regular-season-13/

EW can exclusively reveal that Alexander Calvert, who appeared briefly in the season 12 finale, will be a series regular for the show’s upcoming thirteenth season, in which he’ll reprise his role as Jack (better known as Lucifer’s son). But don’t expect Jack to be a younger version of Lucifer — he might be half angel, but he’s also half human.
As for Calvert, fans might recognize him from his stint playing Anarky on Arrow or, even more recently, as Nick in the 2016 film Edge of Seventeen....

I've started watching Timeless and I swear, it's like Moira Queen has been resurrected. It's only episode 2 

Spoiler

and already ST's character is revealed to have been lying to her about her parentage her whole life.

Does she get even more Moira-like as the show gets on? I'm getting Arrow vibes as is, what with the main trio, a shady organisation drawing strings to who knows what purpose, and a woman getting erased from existance because of time travelling shenanigans. Only here it matters a whole lot, as it rightfully should. #foreverbitter

4 hours ago, bijoux said:

Does she get even more Moira-like as the show gets on?

She disappears for most of the series, I believe.  But there is a very Moira-twist in the season finale.

Brian Markinson aka Adam Hunt was in Salvation last night playing either the President or the Secretary of Defense.  I couldn't quite make out which.

I am shockingly enjoying Madison McLaughlin on the second season of Major Crimes.  She plays a normal teenage girl and has limited screentime.  Maybe that's the way to do it..

• Love 1

In season 2 she played a classmate of Rusty's named Kris who was working on projects with him and developed a crush on him not knowing that he's gay.  She was in five episodes.

At one point Kris invites Rusty to a family dinner where he is honest about why he's under police protection and Kris' parents react badly, making Sharon angry and giving her to opportunity to give the mother one of those awesome Sharon Raydor putdowns.

Removed first part of post for inaccuracies based on faulty memory

9 hours ago, bijoux said:

I've started watching Timeless and I swear, it's like Moira Queen has been resurrected. It's only episode 2 

Reveal hidden contents

and already ST's character is revealed to have been lying to her about her parentage her whole life.

Does she get even more Moira-like as the show gets on? I'm getting Arrow vibes as is, what with the main trio, a shady organisation drawing strings to who knows what purpose, and a woman getting erased from existance because of time travelling shenanigans. Only here it matters a whole lot, as it rightfully should. #foreverbitter

I feel like I remember reading somewhere that she will have a larger role in s2. While not a huge presence in s1, I'll take her in any quantity they are willing to give. I find the actress to be very compelling. Count me in the #foreverbitter group that we lost her from Arrow!

Edited by kismet