Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

Still below the most conservative projection (Paramount's $37 Million) about 54% of the 2014 take. It also opened in 40% of the International market to 34 million (including Russia, Mexico and UK in 2014 those 3 combined for accounted for 24 Million if you take in their opening weekend). I've yet to see anything about the foreign number that are remarkable but, we'll see.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I'm curious to see how this will affect Arrow, i.e. does this movie slightly underperforming mean Amell is more likely to sign another contract and make the show last a few more years? It's still doing well and maybe they can squeeze out another sequel, but TMNT doesn't strike me as something that will automatically lead to more roles for Amell. I guess it's a decent way for Megan Fox to be in a popular movie and keep her name out there, but people already know her from Transformers.

(edited)

Personally,  I think this eliminates the rumored Casey Jones spinoff movie which SA talked about  (a lot, early on). I think this puts TMNT3 on shakey ground. It could still happen but, I don't expect them to rush into it like they did with TMNT2 (less then 2 years after the first movie).  I also think this delays SA's chance to jump into movies. If this had been a huge hit, I could see SA getting more offers for big action roles in the immediate wake of release. 

I certainly think the TMNT2 box office results make it more likely that SA will renew his Arrow contract which is supposedly up at the end of S6. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I think SA renewing his contract hinges on just how badly he wants to get into movies, and how willing he is to give up a steady paycheck to take a chance on making his living in features. Right now, he is pretty limited in what he can film, because his availability is basically 2-ish months over the summer. Quitting Arrow certainly would open him up to a whole lot more opportunities, but he won't have anything steady to fall back on if it doesn't work out for him. 

• Love 3
On 04/06/2016 at 6:57 PM, kismet said:

Won't they make back a lot of their money on international box offices?

I do find it odd that they released it in early June, when so many of the target audience is still in school. Maybe they'll just hope it sticks around the theaters and eats up the wallets of parents/caregivers of kids looking for something to do with their kids during a long summer day, esp. with the weather being as unpredictable/bad as it is.

Tbf, it's half term in the UK so all of the kids have been off school for the past week here. Still a stupid move but there probably was a logical reason for it.

(edited)

Summer weekends are booked 2-3 years in advance.  Paramount either already had this weekend booked for something that got bumped/cancelled and just put TMNT2 into the slot. Or they found a weekend that had just been vacated by another studio and grabbed it for TMNT2 

Getting a weekend all to themselves, even in early, June has to be better then going head to head with Angry Birds 2 weeks ago, X-Men last weekend or Finding Dory in 2 weeks. Once July hits you have,  Secret Life of Pets,  Ghostbusters and Ice Age.  Then August has Suicide Squad and Pete's Dragon

This really was the only weekend.  Maybe they could have tried for next weekend against Warcraft but, that would put them very close to Finding Dory.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Rewatching Nikita (don't judge me - 12 Monkeys is requiring as much Aaron Stanford as possible), and Anna Hopkins (baby mama) is playing the ex-wife of a former division agent. 

• Love 1

I wonder if he'll renew his contract but perhaps ask for a lighter load to allow more opportunity to do other projects. I also think he is going to go for a producer credit on his next contract renewal.

I actually think most of his ideas are good. But they get manipulated and ruined by the show runners. Maybe if had more clout the ideas would be executed better.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Password said:

If Oliver fake died I'd be OK.  But not real death. 

I know the ending of The Dark Knight Rises has been floated before, but I don't think that would really work for me. Bruce was being weighed down by his Bruce Wayne persona, so it felt right for him to shed it. Oliver has been on the road to reconcile the two parts of himself for years now and to live fully as Oliver. All Bruce did as Bruce was to distract and draw away attention from himself as Batman. Oliver on the other hand has stepped out as Oliver and publically took the weight of the city on his shoulders. 

So for me as a viewer that wouldn't be a satisfying ending after watching Oliver's journey for years.

• Love 6

I think that I've mentioned this before, but Stephen getting a producer credit is actually a smart idea. Even though sometimes his ideas aren't the greatest, it's mostly been the writers and showrunners that have ruined potential in his ideas. Plus, he's very self-aware of what the fans like and want, so I do think he has been aware of the Baby Mama backlash, at the very least, and is aware that it was not executed properly. Perhaps, by becoming a producer, he'll get more of a say and might be able to soften the blow of what the writers, Guggenheim and Mericle come up with. 

But this probably isn't the right thread to get into this talk, so I'll gladly talk more about this elsewhere! 

• Love 3
(edited)

'Ninja Turtles' debut bad news for Hollywood sequels
by Tre'vell Anderson Jun 6 2016 at 2:23 PM  Updated Jun 6 2016 at 4:20 PM 
http://www.afr.com/news/world/north-america/ninja-turtles-debut-bad-news-for-hollywood-sequels-20160606-gpcj48

Though meeting analyst expectations of $35 million to $40 million, it came in significantly behind its 2014 predecessor, which grossed a strong $65 million in its first three days."Turtles" is the latest example of sequels struggling to measure up to the originals. Though studios have long relied on such retreads to pad their film slates and propel merchandising, this year multiple follow-ups have underwhelmed, including Walt Disney Co's Alice Through the Looking Glass, Universal's Neighbors 2 and The Huntsman: Winter's War and Paramount's Zoolander 2.
Critics and audiences appear split on the picture. While moviegoers gave it an A-minus grade, according to polling firm CinemaScore, only 37 per cent of critics on Rotten Tomatoes rated the film favourably.

Internationally, it brought in an estimated $34 million, but has yet to open in the largest market abroad, China, where Paramount is looking to capitalise on the growth of the international film business. Chinese companies Alibaba Group and Dalian Wanda Group both pledged to invest in the film. It premieres there on July 2.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Nice comment about SA...

Stephen Amell shoots, scores as 'Turtles' hero
 Brian Truitt, USA TODAY 9:14 a.m. EDT June 6, 2016
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/06/06/stephen-amell-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-movie/85366952/

It has also given the athletic actor some perspective going from playing Green Arrow, the main attraction on a CW superhero show, to being a supporting player in a franchise film. “I didn’t realize until I got a different job that I basically had my head down for 69 episodes just doing the same thing,” says Amell, taking a break on the Ninja Turtles set before a stunt scene.
That ongoing battle includes a garage faceoff between Casey and hybrid henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady. With them in hot pursuit, Casey straps wheels to his feet and races for survival as cars explode around him.

On the day the scene is filmed, with motion-capture actors standing in for the animal villains, Amell does take after take without any signs of being winded — a testament to his action-packed day job.

“That guy can fight, he can run, he can do it all,” says producer Andrew Form. “It’s amazing to watch him work. He doesn’t want the (stunt) double even there. He’s like, ‘I’ve got it.’ ”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Well damn, the "rouge detective" is an egotistical monster.  "Never see the light of a courtroom"?  There is no evidence of any moral uncertainty there.  Why the heck is that guy still on the streets?  I pretty much hate that concept and hate that Katrina Law is working for that nut job and spouting the same line.

• Love 1

Caught JB on Reign... he did ok. Weird to see MM dressed in period costume with a brogue, but overall it was decent. Don't think it should impact his ability to star on Arrow in upcoming episodes.

Also for those who hate MM there was a cathartic moment when 

Spoiler

Mary stabs him multiple times and kills the guy. So for those who want to see him get some well deserved punishment, I recommend the episode (or at least the last 20 min or so when it happens.

• Love 1

Its a comedy sketch show with a sorta fake talk show attached to it.  I've been recording it this season to make sure I got her episode.  It's frequently unfunny.  They do try though. 

I treated myself to TMNT2 today with a free movie pass. I had to see SA on the big screen before I never get another chance. And boy did he look good up there ;) His role was not really that special and it was definitely underwritten. There was no sexual chemistry between him & MF, but they did make a good human friend duo across from the turtles. I thought MF had more chemistry with Donnie than SA.

And I might be the minority, but I actually really enjoyed the movie. Let me be clear, it was not a very good movie, but it was adorable and fun. I also went in with very low expectations. It was a movie geared for 5 yrs old to understand the plot, and the kid I was next to, absolutely loved it. And its Michael Bay, not Disney/Pixar so I wasn't expecting them to have the writing layers to write adult humor into a kids movie. Although I did laugh from time to time.

Lastly, I will admit I did get a little misty eyed when they got their keys, but I think that was down to Laura Linney's delivery and maybe a little residual childhood love of the Turtles. Plus who doesn't like a happy ending. Maybe OQ can give the GA a key to the city next season :)

• Love 5

Has anyone ever seen The Pact starring Caity Lotz?

I first watched this a couple of years ago and I remember it being genuinely creepy. So if you like horror movies, I'd check it out. 

4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Has anyone ever seen The Pact starring Caity Lotz?

I first watched this a couple of years ago and I remember it being genuinely creepy. So if you like horror movies, I'd check it out. 

I did, and it really is. Plus it takes a somewhat unexpected route, so that makes it good in my book :)

(edited)

A.V. Club review of the June 24 Comedy Bang! Bang! episode in which EBR appears...

Comedy Bang! Bang! remembers how great nostalgia is
By LaToya Ferguson  Jun 24, 2016  10:30 PM
http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/comedy-bang-bang-remembers-how-great-nostalgia-238778

The greatest disappointment of Ain’t Too Proud To Neg, however, is that it’s the only bit of Arrow’s Emily Bett Rickards that this episode of Comedy Bang! Bang! gives us. But it’s absolutely worth it as she knocks both the deteriorating self-esteem and resulting clinginess out of the park in the brief time she gets to do so. As strange as it may sound, I could watch an entire episode of blond-wigged Scott Aukerman negging Emily Bett Rickards, especially with the the occasional asides from her friends (“He’s not even good-looking!”). This bit is pretty indicative of how this is definitely an episode that clicks in terms of the simple concepts it tackles.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I didn't find that funny tbh but EBR did a good job. It's so nice seeing her in different projects. Woop woop!

12 hours ago, looptab said:

I did, and it really is. Plus it takes a somewhat unexpected route, so that makes it good in my book :)

Agreed. I remember being pleasantly surprised. Definitely recommend a viewing. :)

• Love 3
(edited)

Matt Ryan is currently filming a new ITV eight-part TV series called The Halcyon...

ITV drama series being filmed at Chatham Historic Dockyard
By mrjamierose  |  Posted: June 19, 2016
http://www.maidstoneandmedwaynews.co.uk/itv-drama-series-being-filmed-at-chatham-historic-dockyard/story-29419409-detail/story.html

A TV series is being filmed at Chatham Historic Dockyard today (Sunday), Monday and Tuesday.

Yesterday Medway Council tweeted that ITV is shooting part of a drama series at Anchor Wharf, warning "you could see ash, smoke and fire effects coming from the set".

Starring Steven Mackintosh and Olivia Williams, The Halcyon is a new drama about a bustling and glamorous five-star hotel at the centre of London society during World War Two.

The eight-part series, filmed in London and surrounding areas, will also feature a special guest appearance by Beverley Knight.

Other confirmed cast members include Kara Tointon (Mr Selfridge, Sound Of Music Live), Alex Jennings (The Lady In The Van, The Queen), Matt Ryan (Constantine, Arrow), Hermione Corfield (Knights Of The Roundtable: King Arthur, Pride and Prejudice And Zombies) and Mark Benton (Eddie The Eagle, Waterloo Road).

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

EK is voicing an animated character in a new Disney Channel animated series...

'Elena Of Avalor': Watch Disney Show Opening Intro With Theme Song By Gaby Moreno
By Jessica Lucia Roiz | Jun 29 2016, 04:54PM EDT
http://www.latintimes.com/elena-avalor-watch-disney-show-opening-intro-theme-song-gaby-moreno-392373

Disney's first-ever Latina princess, Elena, and all of her friends are just around the corner. But first, here's a look at the animated show's opening intro featuring Guatemalan singer Gaby Moreno. Billboard announced the exclusive Wednesday, revealing how the Latin Grammy winner was chosen to interpret the theme song. 
The recurring guest stars will include: Constance Marie as Doña Paloma, Magister of the Traders Guild; Lou Diamond Phillips as Victor Delgado, a debonair villain who uses his charisma to deceive the people around him; Justina Machado and Jaime Camil as siblings Carmen and Julio, who run a restaurant in Avalor; Rich Sommer as Captain Daniel Turner, Naomi's father and harbormaster; Tyler Posey as Prince Alonso, a charming prince from the Argentine-inspired Kingdom of Cordoba; Lucas Grabeel as Jiku, the leader of the Noblins; and Echo Kellum as King Joaquín, a monarch from the Caribbean-inspired Kingdom of Cariza, who is a trusted and close friend of Elena.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Holy Crap! I was just over on the IMDb Star Trek Beyond board and someone mentioned Lt. Hawk.

24.png

Bam! ? i just realized that Neal McDonough was in Star Trek First Contract. That was the very first thing I ever saw him in. I can't believe I forgot!

Edited by Morrigan2575

Well I have been marathoning BBCs Merlin for reasons, primarily Bradley James. I was falling asleep (unrelated to the show) and then was awoken by the magnificent voice of Colin Salmon in s2e3. It was lovely to see him again. His role was too small for me. But perhaps he will make a reappearance.

• Love 1

Hey the actor who played the Dodger was also on Merlin. Only this time he was trying to find/steal a Dragon egg. Good times.

There were actually a lot of random quality actors from other BBC projects & series like Harry Potter on Merlin. It was a very well cast show.

• Love 1

Alexander Calvert will be in episodes 2.12 (airing Aug. 16, 2016) and 2.13 (airing TBA) of Scream, the MTV tv show - this Scream poster seems strangely appropriate to his Arrow gig as well....

• Love 1

I saw Susannah Thompson in a High Noon remake with Tom Skerrit while channel surfing yesterday. She was in Grace Kelly's role. I didn't watch it all because it seemed identical to the 1952 version, so I didn't really see the point in it. ST was expectedly solid in the parts I watched.