Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Okay that clip hit too close to home..

as someone who is also an ocean and half away from her family I can heartfully relate to this entire scene.. especially after hearing news from home and just collapsing on the bed crying your eyes out because that latter/phone call made you home sick all of the sudden.

baa the curse of the immigrant.

i'll be off to the side crying, trying to make it better with a cat or two and some hot chocolate.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

Consider me intrigued about 400 Days... Not sure I would see it in the theaters as its not generally the type of movie I pay to see, but it looks like a good rental.

Seriously though Dane Cook is in it? I mean I love Dane Cook's comedy and a lot of comedians have a some inner darkness - so maybe he will be better than I imagine. I just have had to sit through some of his other acting attempts and have not been impressed.

Is it going straight to video?

It looks interesting enough.

Hopefully LoT writers won't get any ideas of pairing Sara and Ray together.

Hee!  I'm rooting the other way.  But eventually, not right away. 

That poster is hilarious.  It looks like a film noire/detective mag from the 30s.

I think I'll wait till it's on TV to see it though. I like Katrina Law and Nick Tarabay but Lochlyn Munro for some reason I have a hard time watching.

Yes. And, after the initial double take, I laughed so hard when I first saw that on tv. Such a cheesy WTF commercial.

I just caught it and actually had to rewind to watch it again.  It was cheesy but, CH looked good and I laughed at the fist bump at the end.  

• Love 1

I just caught it and actually had to rewind to watch it again. It was cheesy but, CH looked good and I laughed at the fist bump at the end.

The fist bump with the old lady was cute, yeah. I find that Colton always just looks good, anyway. I don't think I've ever seen him have a bad picture. His acting, on the other hand... Heh. But, even when he's deliberately trying to look goofy/make funny faces, he still manages to look pretty. Great genes, that one.

Saw David Ramsey over on Blue Bloods as the Mayor tonight.  Didn't know he was still pulling double duty. The fit of his suit jacket bunching in wrinkles over his bicep amuses me. 

Great! I was wondering if he was continuing on BB because he wasn't in the opener and it seemed like the type of episode that would include the mayor. I really like him on Blue Bloods; he and Tom Selleck have pretty good chemistry. And Carter has a certain swagger that Digg doesn't have. 

• Love 1

Great! I was wondering if he was continuing on BB because he wasn't in the opener and it seemed like the type of episode that would include the mayor. I really like him on Blue Bloods; he and Tom Selleck have pretty good chemistry. And Carter has a certain swagger that Digg doesn't have. 

He's up for reelection against Mary Stuart Masterson so I'm not sure if he'll make it to next term. 

DR is a better actor than I knew, it took me a few seconds into his scene before I remembered he was Diggle.  The body language is so different. 

It occurred to me that something like an actor being on two shows on two different networks used to never happen and now, kind of common. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

DR has this great story about filming Blue Bloods on the streets in New York and these older woman were going crazy for Tom Selleck.

LOL! I remember that. I think DR shared that story at a con, about how these older women were all screaming for "Magnum PI" :)

Watched the SA episodes of New Girl, he was rather entertaining. I will say that it's a testament to how much I shipped CeCe & Schmidt, that I barely remembered him in the first episode. And in the second episode I was heavily distracted by Ryan Kwanten the first & second time around, who funnily was named Oliver. Although that episode had some ironic moments in light of SA's recent posts. Otherwise, his character felt like a combination Ollie & his character from HUNG. He can play dumb & douche-bag pretty well, although it is not appealing or attractive. He's not as charming as say Ryan Kwanten who is amazing at playing dumb & douche-bag with both charm and appeal on both New Girl & True Blood.

Sadly, it also reminded me why I stopped watching New Girl last season and likely will not return to it because its lost a lot of the fun as the characters developed into people I just didn't like anymore. 

Also, saw KC's episode - she's decent in it, although not memorable. I think she actually have more lines than SA. I don't think she had work done as someone above (few pgs back) suggested. I think she just lost a decent amount of weight in the past 3 years (probably not necessary) and that is why her face looks different.

Watched the SA episodes of New Girl, he was rather entertaining. I will say that it's a testament to how much I shipped CeCe & Schmidt, that

Also, saw KC's episode - she's decent in it, although not memorable. I think she actually have more lines than SA. I don't think she had work done as someone above (few pgs back) suggested. I think she just lost a decent amount of weight in the past 3 years (probably not necessary) and that is why her face looks different.

Since S2 I thought that she had work done but one of my friends lost a bunch of weight and their face changed exactly as Katies did and they certainly don't have the money for plastics so now I can totally see it just being due to the extreme weight lost she went through between seasons.

• Love 1

Ditto Drunk History is hysterical. Completely forgot there was a new season to watch (mental note to add it to the list). I feel like it used to be a summer or spring show, which I sorta liked better.

David Ramsey is messing with my head. Walked into a patient's room and got all distracted because I looked up to see Mr. DR in a dapper suit on Blue Bloods (which was on the completely wrong night on a random channel gotta love reruns)I know he plays the mayor on that show, which made me wonder 2 things - 1. Do you think SA & him will share notes on how to play a mayor? 2. Does SC need a deputy mayor and if so can Dig plz get the job? Lastly, can the wardrobe dept please get that man into more tailored suits (& not just the black driver kind)... man did he look good.  ;)

• Love 2

Audrey Marie Anderson was on Minority Report last night. I almost didn't recognize her.  She played the mom of a young girl who was the victim seen in the precog's vision that the team wants to save.

Emily is one of those actresses who has a good 'period' look about her.  I don't know how to explain it, but IMO some people 'fit' into the past better than others.  It's weird.  Maybe it's just about their personal style/body/face shape matching the fashions of the time.

And now I want a show with EBR and Hayley Atwell.  Make it happen, universe.

• Love 6

That kind of Sci-fi movie that Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Tom Cavanagh all did together, 400 Days, just saw a interview with the filmmaker.  Apparently, he's from my home state (Minnesota) and is in town for a film festival.  They showed the trailer in the background and as silly as it is, I was so pleased to see their names flash across the screen (not to mention their pretty faces). 

I hope it's a good movie for their sakes.  The filmmaker isn't super experienced I gather since he mentioned how it wasn't that long ago that instead of speaking to upcoming filmmakers, he was the one attending the speeches, lol.   

David Ramsey is messing with my head. Walked into a patient's room and got all distracted because I looked up to see Mr. DR in a dapper suit on Blue Bloods (which was on the completely wrong night on a random channel gotta love reruns)I know he plays the mayor on that show, which made me wonder 2 things - 1. Do you think SA & him will share notes on how to play a mayor? 2. Does SC need a deputy mayor and if so can Dig plz get the job? Lastly, can the wardrobe dept please get that man into more tailored suits (& not just the black driver kind)... man did he look good.  ;)

There's this one episode where's he's wearing this tan coat, scarf, gloves and sunglasses and WOW! David looked so good. 

• Love 1

I didn't realize Colin Donnell was in "the Affair". Is that a new thing for s2 or did I just miss him in s1?

Also heard good things about the show. Has anyone watched it here? Any recommendation?

I didn't realize Colin Donnell was in "the Affair". Is that a new thing for s2 or did I just miss him in s1?

Also heard good things about the show. Has anyone watched it here? Any recommendation?

I hated the show [it was a case of "this is SO not for me"], so I quit midway through S1. But he's in it from the start -- he plays Pacey's brother.

Colin Donnell was in the first season as well, but he doesn't have a very big part.  I watch the show, but I'm currently like four or five episodes behind.  If you're interested in watching just to see Donnell, I'd say skip it.  Things move at a snail's pace at times...obviously there's lots and lots of cheating going on, I know some find that bothersome in a TV show.  I watch mainly because of the quality of actors/actresses (Dominic West, Maura Tierney, Ruth Wilson, Joshua Jackson).  If you're interested in seeing Colin Donnell in something, I know he's going to be playing a doctor on Chicago Med, which premieres November 17th. 

Just back from seeing Brooklyn. What a really lovely little film it is. There's not one single mistep the whole way through and I can see why the Oscar buzz for Saoirse Ronan has really heated up. Emily's in it a little more than I expected although she doesn't have many lines but she was a delight. All the girls in the boarding house felt like real people rather than the stereotypes they could have come across as (overly religious, maneater, bitter divorcee, etc).

• Love 9