Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I pity American viewers because they've got one hell of a cliffhanger. That spoiler I mentioned earlier broke at the end of today's episode. Jack is going to explain to Phyllis that there's a second Jack in tomorrow's episode.

Yes. Thank god we see tomorrow's show in Canada. What a cliffhanger. He finally tells her. Glory hallelujah. And it doesn't seem to be a trick, like Jack will say "I've been TWO people blah blah." Phyllis's weeping, horrified reaction in the preview when she says "You mean when I came out of the bath--" and Jack says "There was someone else" made it clear she's getting the story.

I can't quite tell why it had to happen in Istanbul or after a few days and not in the hospital though. I don't mean Jack needed time emotionally. I mean for story purposes. I'm thinking to give Victor time to have scenes with his useless stupid gross children before Phyllis launches at him.

Apparently on Monday's CDN "Phyllis and Victor have an ugly encounter." So they zip back from Turkey as quickly as they zipped over. Amazing when evenings last two weeks in GC.

Poor Jack. Having to hear about all the awesome sex and good times Phyllis and Marco had. :( And poor Phyllis who will be skeeved by this same fact shortly. 

• Love 10

Wanted to add LOVED Phyllis's dress in Istanbul. It suited her figure perfectly and was lovely.

She is really short though. lol. When she was talking to Jack in her bathrobe, clearly barefoot, he towered over her. Boy they must wear sky high stilettos.

• Love 2
Now if they would only start referring to Summer as Dummer. Too much to ask?

Or Kyle "Gnomie." I would fucking die. I also wish Camryn Grimes would join this board. As Mariah, in character. 

• Love 12

Wanted to add LOVED Phyllis's dress in Istanbul. It suited her figure perfectly and was lovely.

She is really short though. lol. When she was talking to Jack in her bathrobe, clearly barefoot, he towered over her. Boy they must wear sky high stilettos.

A few days ago Chelsea was in her apartment and I saw her shoes. They were black heels. I swear, I never notice the actors' footwear. Yet for some reason when I saw what MCE had on I was stunned. It made me actually wonder if she was comfortable. 

• Love 2

Or Kyle "Gnomie." I would fucking die. I also wish Camryn Grimes would join this board. As Mariah, in character. 

LOLOL  well, i know when i communicate with yr/cbs etc, i always refer to them by dummer and the garden gnome, but maybe gnomie would be better..

LOL  i once reply tweeted yrinsider about dummer and gnomie when gnomie wrote about taking dummer on a date.  i replied, he wants to date his sister? ewwwwwww.   and the actor was not happy and made it known DUMMER is not his sister and then someone else concurred.  oh well, they still make me wanna puke....

• Love 6
(edited)
LOL  i once reply tweeted yrinsider about dummer and gnomie when gnomie wrote about taking dummer on a date.  i replied, he wants to date his sister? ewwwwwww.   and the actor was not happy and made it known DUMMER is not his sister and then someone else concurred.  oh well, they still make me wanna puke....

Awesome. She was his "blood sister" for a year and now she is his step-sister. Yeah, they are siblings. And they are gross.

A few days ago Chelsea was in her apartment and I saw her shoes. They were black heels. I swear, I never notice the actors' footwear. Yet for some reason when I saw what MCE had on I was stunned. It made me actually wonder if she was comfortable.

I noticed them too. The shoes these women wear are crazy high. I was shocked at how much taller PB is than GT when she is barefoot. I remember seeing a shot on Twitter from some GCAC event and MTS was in the picture with a script in hand wearing fluffy slippers (though she was all made up and decked out otherwise). Pretty sad when they just tolerate the shoes to shoot the scene. Ouch.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 3

Well good for ol' Sagey. She really hit the jack(ass)pot. I'm shopping online NOW to get this fine couple the perfect wedding present. Does anyone know of a reputable place that would let me pre-pay for a vasectomy? The sites I've found thus far seem a little shady.

Hopefully Nick will lend his unique perspective to the wedding planning, whether it be hiring a Donkey Kong impersonator to perform the ceremony or choosing the ideal hotel for a honeymoon (the classy kind, the type with vibrating beds and laminated bedspreads). The reception, held at the Underground, will offer apathetic guests champagne from a pissing man punchbowl and bananas in a hammock, a unique twist on the classic pigs in a blanket, which is coincidentally what some anonymous internet poster has nicknamed the Sage/Nick wedding night.

Hilarity and high drama ensue when Nick wonders if etiquette prevents him from impregnating Noah's fox of a date. He then wonders what etiquette is exactly and how does he know that word? In a shocking twist that wins Pratt a loyal following, the Underground collapses again just as Victor begins a toast to the newlyweds.

• Love 13

The Marco story is so ridiculous I don't even know wtf to say . LOL I felt bad for PB today.. the shit they had jack spewing was just downright embarrassing. I laughed out loud and not in a good way.  I did like when Jack said that he thought he killed Smelly and she said *GOOD*. I think that was the only good part..

CG looked uncomfortable in the pool scene.

• Love 6

Well good for ol' Sagey. She really hit the jack(ass)pot. I'm shopping online NOW to get this fine couple the perfect wedding present. Does anyone know of a reputable place that would let me pre-pay for a vasectomy? The sites I've found thus far seem a little shady.

Hopefully Nick will lend his unique perspective to the wedding planning, whether it be hiring a Donkey Kong impersonator to perform the ceremony or choosing the ideal hotel for a honeymoon (the classy kind, the type with vibrating beds and laminated bedspreads). The reception, held at the Underground, will offer apathetic guests champagne from a pissing man punchbowl and bananas in a hammock, a unique twist on the classic pigs in a blanket, which is coincidentally what some anonymous internet poster has nicknamed the Sage/Nick wedding night.

Hilarity and high drama ensue when Nick wonders if etiquette prevents him from impregnating Noah's fox of a date. He then wonders what etiquette is exactly and how does he know that word? In a shocking twist that wins Pratt a loyal following, the Underground collapses again just as Victor begins a toast to the newlyweds.

Well, we've been talking fashion, on and off here, NP, so I'd like to kick in the visceral effect that Sage's snot-green frock had on me today. I missed a lot of the episode for reasons that remain unspoken or unwritten--well, like Boes, I'm rarely at a loss for verbiage, although usually less amusing than B--I'd like to say I'm tapering off, like some of you, but come 4:30PM me and the Kangaroo Blanc still got a date...

Okay, c'mon, who bought Nickus and Sage, and the soap-trope haul-out of the ring box? Not I.

But then, oh, lordy, was I required by some malign deity to watch Abby say stupid shit to her mother? Yes, I was. Because then I saw Ashley deny her submission to Victor. While Abby did the same crap that Summer was about to put forth with Kevin and Mariah. "Oh, my father/Victor wouldn't ever do that/oh, you've always admitted your deep connection to my father..." I actually used to like this version of Abby, and now she's running on a parallel track with Summer. On the train to Idiotville.

Then...Jack's confession...and Phyllis' rush to hit Victor...and then...

• Love 6

The Marco story is so ridiculous I don't even know wtf to say . LOL I felt bad for PB today.. the shit they had jack spewing was just downright embarrassing. I laughed out loud and not in a good way.  I did like when Jack said that he thought he killed Smelly and she said *GOOD*. I think that was the only good part..

CG looked uncomfortable in the pool scene.

I want to know how they're going to make this work. I'm glad Phyllis finally knows. But the way things are unfolding makes me wonder if the writers actually know how to write for a soap.

I remember when I tried to defend the nonsense that appeared on my screen. Somehow, now, a part of me wants to take back what I said. Regarding Jack/Marco, I like the story, but I have misgivings about how it's being told. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 4

So Jack told Phyllis about Marco. Thank god. But it didn't sit well with me. She was very freaked out and upset about how she was violated and how Marco must have "laughed at her" etc. It was a very long time IMO before she asked Jack what happened to him. (If my husband said "I was taken and replaced..." I would stop right there and say "taken WHERE?") And even then he glossed over it. This is rewrite territory. Marco and Phyllis was played for laughs for months. We all saw it as vile on the level of "this is a sexual violation" but that's now how it was presented. Jack and Kelly OTOH was a horror show. Yet today Jack said he woke up chained to a bed (which didn't cause Phyllis to bat an eye as far as I could tell) was drugged and thought Phyllis was dead and that was that. huh? She beat him, starved him, tortured him. It was not a vacation while Phyllis was being raped. Sorry. That's not what I saw on my screen. Phyllis did assure him he is a victim and not responsible for killing the people on the boat -- when he clearly felt terrible about it -- but even then it just felt off. She started questioning Marisa's agenda when Jack said she's the reason he's alive.

And when he explained why he doesn't want to out Victor yet she was pissed that he's letting Victor get away with what he did to HER. Um, huh? She said he should have told her right away (okay, I can see that point) but when he said he was trying to protect her, she actually said "You are three months too late." Holy fuck. Granted she immediately said "I don't blame you." but she was still mad as hell -- it just seemed far too selfish. Is she not interested in the details of THREE MONTHS OF TORTURE HE EXPERIENCED???? And that maybe he is a bit messed up?

This is kind of bullshit. She didn't blame him but she made it ALL about her. And it simply wasn't. It isn't. 

Boy, another disappointment. This better change fast or I'm out.

Only Jack Abbott could get tortured for months, shot and then get accused of failing to protect his wife, by his wife. This fucking show.

• Love 15

Hey all!

Well I gave up this show as soon as Jack was kidnapped and tortured and the hideousness that is Nick and Sage began.  I decided to come back and now I find out Sharon is pregnant with Dylan's baby...ok, so that isn't so bad...but then I find out Adam is still stuck with that mutilated eyebrow Chelsea and he's going to lose again to Victor, have that old nutsack Billy on his behind and Victoria is still a hormonal hag,  I've got to still look at Dummer and her Gnome acting like they're the best thing in the world, while Jack is still being tortured because Victor is roaming free and his wife is upset because she didn't know her husband was kidnapped and tortured and all she cares about is that she was stuck with Marco who was awesome in bed.    WTF with Neil?   this man is vile and where is Drucilla when you need her to slap him silly?  Cane/Lily = zzzz and why is Mario Cantone still on the show?  Please free Lauren already.   I won't blame her this time if she finds a new bartender to hump 7 days a week.    All in all this show is a D- but I missed you all. 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 9

Hey all!

Well I gave up this show as soon as Jack was kidnapped and tortured and the hideousness that is Nick and Sage began. I decided to come back and now I find out Sharon is pregnant with Dylan's baby...ok, so that isn't so bad...but then I find out Adam is still stuck with that mutilated eyebrow Chelsea and he's going to lose again to Victor, have that old nutsack Billy on his behind and Victoria is still a hormonal hag, I've got to still look at Dummer and her Gnome acting like they're the best thing in the world, while Jack is still being tortured because Victor is roaming free and his wife is upset because she didn't know her husband was kidnapped and tortured and all she cares about is that she was stuck with Marco who was awesome in bed. WTF with Neil? this man is vile and where is Drucilla when you need her to slap him silly? Cane/Lily = zzzz and why is Mario Cantone still on the show? Please free Lauren already. I won't blame her this time if she finds a new bartender to hump 7 days a week. All in all this show is a D- but I missed you all.

Welcome back!!!! Missed you!
  • Love 5

miamama, I was reading your reaction to today's episode and wanted to add something, but I can't. I could've sworn today during Jack and Phyllis' scenes, there were certain things that were said that were actually wrong. The exact dialogue slips my mind. Still, for some reason I could've sworn certain things were stated as fact that were incorrect.

Where are they going with Marisa's description of Marco? The girl lied to the police, but there's no point. The writers are trying to be all innovative and defy soap opera norms, and it's not making sense. I think this is something that they need to learn. It's easier for viewers to trust writers if it seems like their craziness is leading somewhere. The more things drag on, the less sense they make. 

And therein lies the problem. This part of the story shouldn't be dragging like this. Or, if it must, just...Something needs to be different in order for me to appreciate the way things are unfolding.

Also I have a question: Who is this sweet little old man that Summer thinks is her grandfather? The way she was all,"My grandpappy would never..." during her meeting with her fellow Scoobies was annoying.

I think nearly every bit of hope I had in this show died over the past few episodes. I'm so glad I found those pics of Harding earlier. I'm gonna go look at 'em and pretend everything's ok. ;)

Edited by C76
  • Love 8

Welcome back!!!! Missed you!

Thanks ((H))  I missed all of you guys and the delicious snark!   I just did not have the stomach to watch and knew if I even lurked here I would be dragged in.  I can honestly say I did not miss this show.  It appears to be in worse shape than I thought.  I won't be surprised if Pratt is fired and Phelps decides she wants that no talent RC that just got canned at YR.   Then we'll really be in trouble. 

• Love 6

I'm with you Psych. If I'm on here I have to watch. If I quit, it will have to be cold. And after today, I don't know how much more I can take. I watched the Jack-Phyllis scenes again in case I missed some compassion on Phyllis's side. Nope. In fact, if you hadn't watched for awhile you would have thought Phyllis was the one who had been abducted, tortured, pistol whipped, put up for auction and shot and Jack was lying on a beach somewhere for the last three months sipping Rum and Cokes. He was just the guy who had to break the news to her that she'd been tortured.

Absolute shit writing. 

The writers are trying to be all innovative and defy soap opera norms, and it's not making sense.

THIS. And not only does it make ZERO sense it has killed ALL THE EMOTION that was built by the deception and suffering caused by the doppelgänger. I felt zero compassion for Phyllis because I was so shocked she didn't seem to give a crap Jack had been "chained to a bed". She didn't even fucking ask him anything. No "What did she do to you?" No OMG? She only reacted to the fact Kelly wanted to be his "new wife" and this seemed to irritate her.

You can't have a scene on a soap where one character is explaining to the other character about a doppelgänger. You cannot. It is suicide. It reveals HOW STUPID the entire notion is. Once you're in you gotta go in. Have the big whole cast scene or the scene with two Jacks and Phyllis not knowing which one to shoot. Or Jack and Marco duking it out and one of them coming up alive. This is not the time for a conversation

I love GT and PB but even they failed to move me because I was totally outside of this idiotic scene. And the writing?? Phyllis saying "why would I think it wasn't YOU." Um. Sheila Carter made herself look EXACTLY like YOU. And you mentioned Patty and Emily a few months ago. FFS. I felt like screaming STOP TALKING. You can't have a sensible conversation about a nonsensical soap device.

You know, I've said this before I'll say it again. This Phyllis was "violated" stuff was written in late as a reaction to fans and soap press saying "Phyllis was raped by Marco." They can't even fucking get that right. PB and GT could have pulled off a hugely moving scene of the horror and pain and confusion that both of them have experienced AFTER a big blowout reveal scene. Not having Jack explain what happened and then ignoring what Jack's been through because Pratt is stupid and didn't realize it was a bad idea to have a doppelgänger banging Phyllis for three months.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12

Poor CG sitting beside Abby the beanpole and I agree Crosby she looked uncomfortable.  CG is a bigger girl but she is also a much bigger actress!  The camera was not kind to her with a direct shot almost on her bare white legs and it might be a good idea to do some spray tanning!  They certainly know how to dress Abby, that was a beautiful outfit and then when she added the white jacket, wow, classy.  

I was disappointed in PB being Jack again with Phyllis, he seemed so wimpy, not angry at all.  He should have felt her anger and it should have fueled both of them to get revenge yet he looked scared and vulnerable.  Hard to swallow that is Jack.  Jack is a hothead and plans with his feelings and doesn't run back to his corner and put a bag over his head.  

Randoms:

FF'd Sage and Nick, no can do!  Johnny is adorable!!  I like the length of MTS's hair but the style could be better or something.  KSJ has lost weight no doubt because of his son. I am loving Ashley cutting to the chase, she ain't buying no shit now...from anyone!  Has anyone ever counted the number of times that same waiter crosses the room in the GCAC during scenes?  No JH today with his rapid fire dialogue, man he talks fast.  Joe is wasted on Lily.     

• Love 8

Hey all!

Well I gave up this show as soon as Jack was kidnapped and tortured and the hideousness that is Nick and Sage began.  I decided to come back and now I find out Sharon is pregnant with Dylan's baby...ok, so that isn't so bad...but then I find out Adam is still stuck with that mutilated eyebrow Chelsea and he's going to lose again to Victor, have that old nutsack Billy on his behind and Victoria is still a hormonal hag,  I've got to still look at Dummer and her Gnome acting like they're the best thing in the world, while Jack is still being tortured because Victor is roaming free and his wife is upset because she didn't know her husband was kidnapped and tortured and all she cares about is that she was stuck with Marco who was awesome in bed.    WTF with Neil?   this man is vile and where is Drucilla when you need her to slap him silly?  Cane/Lily = zzzz and why is Mario Cantone still on the show?  Please free Lauren already.   I won't blame her this time if she finds a new bartender to hump 7 days a week.    All in all this show is a D- but I missed you all. 

So good to have you back Psych!! (: 

• Love 3

Actually, I loved the whole set for this "Istanbul" scene. Someone needs to put a bug in the set decorator's ear, though, to tell him/her that they don't generally decorate with a lot of Budda wall décor in Turkey.

• Love 8

Poor CG sitting beside Abby the beanpole and I agree Crosby she looked uncomfortable.  CG is a bigger girl but she is also a much bigger actress!  The camera was not kind to her with a direct shot almost on her bare white legs and it might be a good idea to do some spray tanning!

I felt bad for her. It was not a good shot of her at all and beside the bean pole it was really bad. She does need to do some spray tanning if they have her beside that pool again. I also agree she is a great actress but they sure are not giving her anything to do that shows us this. I think Cassie was my fave child character ever.. she was so good.. 

I was disappointed in PB being Jack again with Phyllis, he seemed so wimpy, not angry at all.  He should have felt her anger and it should have fueled both of them to get revenge yet he looked scared and vulnerable.  Hard to swallow that is Jack.

I WAS TOO!!! He was horrible and wimpy in those scenes. Not the pay off I have been waiting for. He should be furious.

• Love 5

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm thrilled that Jack FINALLY told Phyllis.  I simply didn't understand why he wasn't yelling from the rooftops what happened to him.  That same judge Jack used to help Adam weasel out of his charges is the same judge he could have used to weasel out of his own charges, if it came to that.  Which I doubt there would even be charges, considering EVERYTHING Jack did while on the island and on the boat was due to him being under duress, and kidnapped....but whatever.

As for Phyllis' reaction, seems like classic Phyllis to me....and this is coming from someone who has always rooted for the character even when the much hated Michelle Stafford played the part.  I can totally see her being all me, me, me in the moment.  Not sure what's going on with Jack and why he seems scared, other than maybe he has PTSD?  I mean, I'm sure the writers wouldn't bother going down that route, but considering the shit Jack went through over the last couple of months, it would totally be justified if he was suffering from it.

And LOL at the writers supposedly letting Phyllis say something to the effect of "this just doesn't happen".  Umm, in GC, yes it sure as hell does.  Phyllis herself was a victim of a doppleganger.  And so was Lauren right?  Then there is Patty, Emily, and just RECENTLY  Cassie and Mariah.  

• Love 9
And LOL at the writers supposedly letting Phyllis say something to the effect of "this just doesn't happen".  Umm, in GC, yes it sure as hell does.  Phyllis herself was a victim of a doppleganger.  And so was Lauren right?  Then there is Patty, Emily, and just RECENTLY  Cassie and Mariah.

I don't watch the show but if I did, I think that comment would have had my eyes rolling right out of their sockets. It's dialogue like that, that shows how awful the writing has become and that these writers think their audience are brain dead idiots who just nod along while stuffing another bon bon into their mouths.

What Phyllis should have said was " Oh God, not again!" They could have had some interesting dialogue talking about how this has happened before and the shock and horror of it happening to them again.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 10

I was thinking the same thing when Phyllis said that dopplegangers just don't happen - lol. Yes Phyllis, it has happened many times, and to you too!  At this point anyone in GC who has not been dopplegangered (is that a word?) should feel left out. And of course Gabriel Bingham is another current DGer.  I thought GT did a pretty good job with the material she was given. She did manage to do the normal Phyllis thing and make it all about her. However since she is a much better actor that MS she was able to get through the dialogue without repeating everyone sentence two or three times in a row. Two or three times. In a row.

• Love 12
As for Phyllis' reaction, seems like classic Phyllis to me....and this is coming from someone who has always rooted for the character even when the much hated Michelle Stafford played the part.  I can totally see her being all me, me, me in the moment.  Not sure what's going on with Jack and why he seems scared, other than maybe he has PTSD?  I mean, I'm sure the writers wouldn't bother going down that route, but considering the shit Jack went through over the last couple of months, it would totally be justified if he was suffering from it.

It was very classic Phyllis. True. As for Jack, I do hope it's a delayed trauma reaction because he actually sat there and said to Phyllis "Did he hurt you?" despite her not minutes ago raving about the awesome sex she had with him (when she thought it was Jack) and she didn't correspondingly think to ask if the woman who drugged and chained him "hurt him."

This week's SOD apparently says "Jack puts his own emotional torment on the back burner to help his wife" -- so that gives me hope they will acknowledge his pain as well eventually. Though he may just have to suck it up. Since only Newman males can have pain.

• Love 5

Yest. 8:03 pm

I'm with you Psych. If I'm on here I have to watch. If I quit, it will have to be cold. And after today, I don't know how much more I can take. I watched the Jack-Phyllis scenes again in case I missed some compassion on Phyllis's side. Nope. In fact, if you hadn't watched for awhile you would have thought Phyllis was the one who had been abducted, tortured, pistol whipped, put up for auction and shot and Jack was lying on a beach somewhere for the last three months sipping Rum and Cokes. He was just the guy who had to break the news to her that she'd been tortured.

I, on the other hand have no problem - I read the day ahead (thanks, ehh) and delete it without a second thought, hoping I'm not helping the ratings. I watch  about an ep every few months. You guys - I'd miss. Otherwise - I rewrite the episodes in my head, patch all the problems...less rape, more romance and mystery.

Like I said, now it's L&O SVU without the L&O. or the cops

Edited by crowswork
  • Love 5

And LOL at the writers supposedly letting Phyllis say something to the effect of "this just doesn't happen".  Umm, in GC, yes it sure as hell does.  Phyllis herself was a victim of a doppleganger.  And so was Lauren right?  Then there is Patty, Emily, and just RECENTLY  Cassie and Mariah.  

Which leaves me thinking of the folks who haven't been doppleganged.....Dullan doesn't really count, after all, there are all those trees who could stand in for him....Paulie!  I guess even the Doppelganger Gang balks at some things.  Probably there's no lookalike in the Tightpocket category that is willing to wear pants 4 sizes too small for that length of time.......and Cane and Lily - I guess even Doppelgangers have standards.

• Love 6

furious styles quote

I simply didn't understand why he wasn't yelling from the rooftops what happened to him.  That same judge Jack used to help Adam weasel out of his charges is the same judge he could have used to weasel out of his own charges, if it came to that.  Which I doubt there would even be charges, considering EVERYTHING Jack did while on the island and on the boat was due to him being under duress, and kidnapped....but whatever.

What I don't understand is how Victurd is holding this over him-threatening him with prosecution and what not.  Several legal terms:

jurisdiction (yes, I remember the incredible Wisconsin trial of Sharon for an alleged crime in Hawaii), but International waters?  really?  Victurd will get this tried in GC?

intent.  Jack didn't nap hisself there to find some random people pirates to kill.

victim.  This isn't even 'stand your ground' territory re: Kelly.  He was kidnapped and tortured!

proof.  I'm really missing what Thedevil'sgoat (nobody wants a goat) has in the way of evidence.  (he'd have to testify what he did/set in motion to prove anything happened at all.)

defense.  Victurd shot first!  Doesn't matter if he thought Jack was going to kill him, he brought his own gun.  Fcuking leave!  Note to Turd:  don't go to a duel-somebody usually gets shot.

insanity plea.  We are all guilty by reason of mental defect for buying this shit.

Edited by MollyB
  • Love 17
What I don't understand is how Victurd is holding this over him-threatening him with prosecution and what not.

This is quite possibly the stupidest part of this stupid story. (More implausible IMO than Jack having a Hispanic doppelgänger). I don't get why the show plays this so nonsensically. Who on earth with half a brain could think Jack would be held accountable for anything? 

I could have bought Jack being post-coma confused and/or wracked with PTSD and terrified of being sent back to his island hell. But Phyllis didn't look at him and say THIS IS IS IDIOTIC. YOU CANNOT BE CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. So we are to assume the writers believe -- or expect us to believe -- it is plausible he could be convicted of mass murder. 

So, according to the show, moron Jack and moron Phyllis (and moron us) think Jack's "criminal" actions could land him in jail. But at the same time Victor scopes out a Jack lookalike in Peruvian prison and manages to get him out of the country and "trained" to be Jack, owns all cops on St. Bart's as well as hotel staff (because Jack was abducted without anything being captured on security cameras), gets a GC cop to PLANT A GUN in someone's home (while himself being in custody), solves crimes the FBI cannot begin to figure out.

OMFG. This is stupider than MAB. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 13

Oh shit....I totally forgot about twin Cane. That whole storyline was crap from start to finish. But was it the same actor playing both parts or was it some other person playing his twin? I seem to remember some guy that showed up to blackmail Cane over some money and made him steal some dead guy's identity so that he could work at jabot or some crap like that. Who the hell was *that* guy?

miamama quote

I could have bought Jack being post-coma confused and/or wracked with PTSD and terrified of being sent back to his island hell.

Me, too.  He could have waked up telling his incredible story and they would have all said, 'there, there..' and made the twirly-fingers- he's-nuts sign, until someone hears that faint glimmer of truth/logic in what he says (cue Phyllis, Mariah and Kevin) and begin to investigate, put together other unexplained happenings and start giving Grampire the side-eye.   Marisa would be a great help but they have (inexplicably) paired her with GayPirateNoah.  And the whole 'Hispanic Drug Lord who looks like Jack whom Turd has been grooming for five years but Turd has only known about Paragon (his raison d'etre for 'protecting his fambly') for a year" story line pretty much sums up how incompetent the writers are to construct an exciting/unusual story that has enough credibility to be entertaining.

• Love 7

Did Faith get a brain transplant? Smiling and happy Nick's engaged? Huh.

So that's how things went down? I missed Faith's reaction.

One thing I did catch though was her comments to her mommy about knowing that Sage's baby might not be hers. I was utterly disgusted.

I know that kids are exposed to all sorts of nastiness and adult information these days. However something about what Faith told Sharon screamed "inappropriate" to me.

Also, I see that as of the end of today's episode Phyllis is at home with Marco and she knows it...

right when GC is about to be faced with another Super Storm

. How's that supposed to work? I mean really. How could Marco think that he could just come home as Jack without anyone noticing anything? Shouldn't he have made sure that Jack was tied up in a closet somewhere?

Dammit. I guess I'm going to have to watch tomorrow to see what sort of explanation is given. I'm actually a bit ticked to see that Pratt got me again.

• Love 7
Dammit. I guess I'm going to have to watch tomorrow to see what sort of explanation is given. I'm actually a bit ticked to see that Pratt got me again.

I know, right? Although I seriously just skim through to see Jack/Phyllis and now Marco.

Phyllis is back to being insufferable. "Victor has to pay for what he did to MEEEEE." "You don't know what I went through for MONTHS" (she says to JACK!). Apparently this entire doppelgänger, kidnapping and torture of Jack and stealing Jabot was to victimize Phyllis and Phyllis alone. No one (cough, Jack, cough) else suffered.

And she had no "ugly scenes" with Victor. She didn't say a thing. She snarked like an idiot to Nikki -- and I say like an idiot because Nikki didn't know WTF she was talking about so what really was the point? 

What Phyllis went through was rape but it is complicated. That's why it's particularly horrific and a mind fuck. She would be confused with guilt and horror because she trusted and ENJOYED having sex with this man. They are acting as though she was the one tied up and tortured and Jack went through nothing. She yells at Jack and is impatient for him to avenge her. Not himself. She doesn't even bother saying "what Victor did to US". It's all about the crimes perpetrated against her.

So all that horror we watched against Jack was just, what, pure fun and entertainment? 

They did the same thing with Avery and Joe. After Dylan tied up and beat up Joe, she held him at gunpoint, shot in the air, forced him to confess or be shot in the face but when he said he was "victimized" she called him a "jackass" and said I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS RAPED. Why are these writers so tone deaf with rape? Just because women get raped doesn't mean men cannot suffer. 

And if they believe men can't suffer, why show so much suffering? I just don't fucking get it. They could have had Jack drugged and dopey but more or less treated kindly for three months. They didn't have to have him so badly brutalized. 

Pratt really gets off on it. I suggested it before but I think for sure now handsome men getting smacked around is some kind of fetish for him.

• Love 13
Pratt really gets off on it. I suggested it before but I think for sure now handsome men getting smacked around is some kind of fetish for him.

well, pratt is lacking in the looks / body dept. so this could be his way of getting revenge all in the name of "art"..

he also gets off on the wimmens being victimized/raped/going crazy/losing everything cause maybe the wimmens he would like to be with don't want to.

• Love 10

Phyllis is back to being insufferable. "Victor has to pay for what he did to MEEEEE." "You don't know what I went through for MONTHS" (she says to JACK!). Apparently this entire doppelgänger, kidnapping and torture of Jack and stealing Jabot was to victimize Phyllis and Phyllis alone. No one (cough, Jack, cough) else suffered.

And she had no "ugly scenes" with Victor. She didn't say a thing. She snarked like an idiot to Nikki -- and I say like an idiot because Nikki didn't know WTF she was talking about so what really was the point? 

What Phyllis went through was rape but it is complicated. That's why it's particularly horrific and a mind fuck. She would be confused with guilt and horror because she trusted and ENJOYED having sex with this man. They are acting as though she was the one tied up and tortured and Jack went through nothing. She yells at Jack and is impatient for him to avenge her. Not himself. She doesn't even bother saying "what Victor did to US". It's all about the crimes perpetrated against her.

So all that horror we watched against Jack was just, what, pure fun and entertainment? 

They did the same thing with Avery and Joe. After Dylan tied up and beat up Joe, she held him at gunpoint, shot in the air, forced him to confess or be shot in the face but when he said he was "victimized" she called him a "jackass" and said I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS RAPED. Why are these writers so tone deaf with rape? Just because women get raped doesn't mean men cannot suffer. 

Actually Phyllis did say us.  She expressly stated that "Victor violated BOTH of us".  Frankly, after reading the comments here and on another board about the way Phyllis reacted, I was really expecting an all out selfish tirade, but IMO, based on Phyllis's standards, her reaction was pretty even in terms of dealing with her own grief/anger vs comforting Jack.  Even after hearing basically that she'd been raped the last couple of months, she had her outburst, but then she sat down and listened to Jack tell his story from start to finish.  Phyllis comforted him, and told him repeatedly that NOTHING he did is as bad as what Victor put them through, how the police would certainly understand if it turns out he did kill Kelly because duh, she was holding him hostage, and Phyllis basically tried to talk some freaking sense into him.  Saying, none of what happened was his fault, and I believe she actually said Jack is a victim too.  

I really don't know what else is expected of Phyllis.  I thought she handled the news as well as could be expected.  Probably the only thing I really cringed at was when she told Jack he was 3 months late in protecting her, but she immediately followed that up with "I don't blame you".  It is 100% in character for Phyllis to go off all half-cocked and confront Victor.  Phyllis is hardly the type to think things through and formulate a long term plan, and to be honest, this time I really don't blame her.  As she herself said, this goes way beyond anything Victor has ever done.  

Now, as for the fuckery that was Avery and Joe.  If I EVER wanted to see someone's brains blown out, it was when Avery held Joe at gunpoint (second to when Billy had Adam on his knees during the Delia storyline).  But yeah, even knowing that Joe wasn't the rapist, I still wanted Avery to bust a cap in that jerk's forehead.  Joe, the man that apparently beat Avery to a pulp when they were married, practically stalked her for months, and then tried to blackmail her for sex, really had the nerve to tell HER that HE is a victim?  Days after SHE was raped?  Really?  Fuck Joe, couldn't stand the character from the day 1. 

• Love 7

Actually Phyllis did say us.

No. Not on today's Canadian she didn't (and that's what this thread is discussing). You are referring to yesterday's show, it sounds like from your comments, when she said "we were both violated." You're right that in that episode she did sit and listen to Jack explain why he refuses to out Victor. And yes she did assure him he's a victim. But only to insist he should not let Victor get away with what he's done to HER. It was pretty typical Phyllis. But in the last weeks Phyllis hasn't been quite as self-obsessed, so it surprised me.

In any case, clearly we disagree on whether her reaction was overly selfish or not. As I said in my posts about yesterday's show, if my husband just informed me he been held captive for three months in chains no less I would want to know the details of what he went through. It makes no sense to me that she isn't asking because he would very likely have severe psychological damage.

If I EVER wanted to see someone's brains blown out, it was when Avery held Joe at gunpoint (second to when Billy had Adam on his knees during the Delia storyline).

Again we disagree. I don't want to see anyone's brain's blown out.

Joe, the man that apparently beat Avery to a pulp when they were married, practically stalked her for months, and then tried to blackmail her for sex, really had the nerve to tell HER that HE is a victim?  Days after SHE was raped?  Really?  Fuck Joe, couldn't stand the character from the day 1.

No one, not even Avery, suggested he "beat her to a pulp." But I'm not going to defend a man who admitted to beating a woman. I'll just say again he was a victim of a Avery when she held him at gunpoint. That has nothing to do with the fact that Avery was raped by someone else or that Joe may very well be an ass.

There can be more than one victim. That's where this show is really falling down lately. Men can be victims too.

• Love 12

Hmmm, so Faith is now totally onboard with Herb and the little sprout? Really? She hated Easy Bake even after EB was no longer with her daddy. And Easy didn't even have a bun in her oven. The only explanation I can come up with for this complete personality change is that Faith has been doppleganged.

I love that Sharon did not let Nick get away with painting Sage as a paragon of virtue. I laughed out loud when she pointed out that giving up the Bingham fortune was not such a sarcifice considering where Sage landed. How long will it take for Nick to find out that Herb has been hiding his brother's true identity for ages, and kick her to the curb? I can't remember when a couple has had less chemistry, and that is saying a lot.

I am always fascinated when the women of GC parade around in backless dresses and bare legs in the dead of winter, but in the heat of summer wear long pants and sweaters as Phyllis was today. Even Nikki was wearing a sweater in the GCAC.

• Love 10

Hmmm, so Faith is now totally onboard with Herb and the little sprout? Really? She hated Easy Bake even after EB was no longer with her daddy. And Easy didn't even have a bun in her oven. The only explanation I can come up with for this complete personality change is that Faith has been doppleganged.

LOL. I imagine Chucky Faith tied up somewhere by Grandpa Victor who doesn't like her wanting Sharon and Nick back together. "Your mommy and daddy ain't getting back together. You got that?"

• Love 9

I might watch if you say Phyl listens politely as Dummer dwfend Drawmpa. And then punches her in the face. Hell I'd pay money to see that.

Or if Phyl reaches down by Prictor's ankles and grabs his balls and stuffs them down his throat.

• Love 11

Faith suddenly being on board with Nick and Sage's engagement gave me whiplash. I actually thought it was some sort of typo and I had missed Sharon and Dylan getting engaged. That would have made more sense.

I cant stand Faith most days, but she's a good "foil" for Nick and his relationships. At the very least, Faith is/was consistent, and that's more than can be said for the adults in her life.

And even if the writers wanted Faith to be on board, how about showing us a few scenes of Nick and Sage actually putting in some work to help her get used to the idea.

• Love 12

Faith suddenly being on board with Nick and Sage's engagement gave me whiplash. I actually thought it was some sort of typo and I had missed Sharon and Dylan getting engaged. That would have made more sense.

I cant stand Faith most days, but she's a good "foil" for Nick and his relationships. At the very least, Faith is/was consistent, and that's more than can be said for the adults in her life.

And even if the writers wanted Faith to be on board, how about showing us a few scenes of Nick and Sage actually putting in some work to help her get used to the idea.

That happened in a flash! Yes it did!!!  WOW!!

Did Faith get a brain transplant? Smiling and happy Nick's engaged? Huh.

I wanted to see her reaction back in the day to Sage moving in with her and Dickoless but Nada!  I wanted to see her reaction to the news that her mom and Dylan were going to have a baby since she once asked them to but Zilch!!  I wanted to see her reaction to SICK's wedding but not the one I got!!! WTH??? Oh well too bad so sad!!

well, pratt is lacking in the looks / body dept. so this could be his way of getting revenge all in the name of "art"..

he also gets off on the wimmens being victimized/raped/going crazy/losing everything cause maybe the wimmens he would like to be with don't want to.

I think Mr. Pratt really is a sick man!!

I might watch if you say Phyl listens politely as Dummer dwfend Drawmpa. And then punches her in the face. Hell I'd pay money to see that.

Or if Phyl reaches down by Prictor's ankles and grabs his balls and stuffs them down his throat.

OMG!!!   DEAD!!!!  ROTFLMAO!!! 

• Love 7