Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)

You know, I wouldn't blame any of you for not watching Friday's CDN. What with the red-white-and-blue, and Hilary tossing a burger down Lily's decolletage, and Old Vampiro insulting Jack with the same-old, same-old ["He brought it on himself.." in case you'd forgotten], and Faith's timeless critique of her parents' relationship, it was something. Not sure what though.

Mariah scored one on Kyle, so there was that, I guess.

Edited by pearlite
what's with the spontaneous strike-out?
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, pearlite said:

You know, I wouldn't blame any of you for not watching Friday's CDN. What with the red-white-and-blue, and Hilary tossing a burger down Lily's decolletage, and Old Vampiro insulting Jack with the same-old, same-old ["He brought it on himself.." in case you'd forgotten], and Faith's timeless critique of her parents' relationship, it was something. Not sure what though.

Mariah scored one on Kyle, so there was that, I guess.

Ohhh, that was bad. So glad I bailed on watching daily.  First, incredibly boring.  Second, nauseating.  I did find Hilary's bitch move flipping a burger backwards and landing right in Lily's décolletage amazing.  It made me think about the number of takes that would be involved with crew trying to get that burger to land just so.  And someone explain to me why Lily did not pick up a mustard jar and accidentally squirt Hilary.

This show is so unbelievably boring and just bad.

• Love 10

Philly has staying power? Is that a fact? Sinus infections do too and result in far less disgusting bodily fluids. 

I won’t leave this board. It really does have the best discussion and most interesting perspectives. 

• Love 16
17 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Philly has staying power? Is that a fact? Sinus infections do too and result in far less disgusting bodily fluids. 

I won’t leave this board. It really does have the best discussion and most interesting perspectives. 

Philly is a hoked-up pairing used to push plot [see Jabot's fake CEO], lure the exposition fairy into action [reference any conversation between Hilary and Phyllis], and toss in those stan-worthy moments [elevator going down?]. They're one of the most artificial pairings I've ever seen on a soap.

And I'm not leaving either--agree with both of NP's points wholeheartedly. It's a great board full of interesting and smart people who contribute really good stuff.

• Love 14

well preverts, today, the turd threatened to take nick to court for custody of can...also insulted sharon and reminded nick that he took sharon to court for custody of faith...

i can't see the courts awarding custody to a jackhole old man who is still recovering from a stroke and is also a felon...however, we know live in maldavia and turd is king shit of gc, so yeah, he'll win..

• Love 13

Okay. Really. It’s finally time for someone with some semblance of courage to just kill this despicable excuse for a human being. Who treats his kids and grandkids like this? The Devil. I vote for Nikki, who despite forgiving and remarrying him a thousand times, is fed up with how he treats her children and grandchildren. If I were her, I’d have done it a long time ago. You know, kind of like she killed JT.

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Okay. Really. It’s finally time for someone with some semblance of courage to just kill this despicable excuse for a human being. Who treats his kids and grandkids like this? The Devil. I vote for Nikki, who despite forgiving and remarrying him a thousand times, is fed up with how he treats her children and grandchildren. If I were her, I’d have done it a long time ago. You know, kind of like she killed JT.

"Victor, honey? Don't you think we need a new rug for the dungeon? They're having a 50% off sale down to the Rexx Ruggs, let's go there, you and I" *bats eyelashes suggestively*

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

well preverts, today, the turd threatened to take nick to court for custody of can...also insulted sharon and reminded nick that he took sharon to court for custody of faith...

i can't see the courts awarding custody to a jackhole old man who is still recovering from a stroke and is also a felon...however, we know live in maldavia and turd is king shit of gc, so yeah, he'll win..

Normal courts? No. But I am sure Victor will bribe as many judges as he can in order to get his way.

And this is why Nick was stupid for even thinking of going back to work at Newman Enterprises and it would in any way be different.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

I haven't watched today's CDN, but was very surprised at how the reveal that Prick knew that Nick was not Christian's bio dad happened. Sort of anticlimactic.  I expected it to be used in a more impactful way.  So why is Prick threatening to go after custody now, to blackmail Nick into working for him, or just cause he is a Prick in a general sense?

• Love 9
(edited)

I’ve lost track but didn’t Victor use Christian’s paternity to blackmail Adam or someone? It’s just nuts what he gets away with. It’s the reason his character is such a joke.

Meanwhile we are supposed to buy, thanks to the stupid OOC Blood Abbott Clause for which he has profusely apologized, Jack deserves to be kicked out of the job that has defined his existence and replaced by his idiot back-stabbing brother and cheating wife (who actually FUCK IN JACK’S OFFICE NOW), betrayed by his idiot back-stabbing son who inexplicably is loyal to victor and who believes Billy (the guy who fucked his stepmother and broke his father’s heart and also who committed corporate espionage against Jabot) deserves a chance to lead Jabot (while Kyle has actively tried to oust his father who he DOES NOT believe should be allowed to run Jabot), his sister Ashley who also thinks Billy will not dismantle Jabot (oh Jack you’re overreacting; YOU are the only one I needed to oust, Billy deserves a shot). It’s a CEO position for which Jack has been trained, groomed and which he has done for decades. Hmmm shall we try this in another field??? Let’s get the little loser brother of a neurosurgeon to do brain surgeries because he deserves a chance to try it since his daddy is chair of the hospital board or some shit. Why does EVERYONE want to be CEO???? Why does only Jack have to earn the position? God I fucking hate the stupidity of this show.

A popcorn machine??? JFC. Can you imagine walking into Lancôme or Chanel corporate head offices to the smell of POPCORN???

Edited by miamama
  • Love 18

It’s both, banana. That is the magic of Victor Newman. That and the necromancy he practices on the regular.

Who could have predicted that Victor would try to turn his beloved fambly against one another or threaten to cast his malign influence over yet another grandchild? It doesn’t matter who writes or produces this show, really. There must be a set of satanic commandments written in puppy blood on parchment made from the skin of the last dodo bird that dictates how Victor must be written. When a new writer is hired, they’re fed a magic mushroom and shoved into a dark janitor’s closet to read the unholy document. Gaze now into the abyss, my friends...

1. Victor Newman will always win.
  2. Jack Abbott will always lose.
  3. Victor Newman will rule his family with an iron fist and be revered as a patriarch.
  4. Victor Newman’s victims shall always shoulder the blame for whatever he does to them.
  5. Victor Newman’s origin story shall be told at least twice per year. All must be in awe.
  6. The black t-shirt of virility is eternal and all powerful. With it, Victor Newman will best any man.
  7. Victor Newman and his descendants are the sole proprietors of Abbott organs and are entitled to them even if an Abbott died at their hands. This is the law.
  8. Victor Newman shall suffer no woman to defy him.
  9. Victor Newman’s seed cannot be denied by modern medical practices. 
  10. Victor Newman transcends the mundane concepts of law, justice, morality, ethics, loyalty, honor, integrity, love, time, empathy, faithfulness, respect... (here the words trail off into an illegible smear of blood and, some say, tears).
  • Love 17

at a different forum, a poster suggested that in order to protect sharon from turd, nick will break up with her....

a different poster suggested that sharon would break up with nick before he goes against victor for custody of the kid.

i wish they would just stand their ground.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

at a different forum, a poster suggested that in order to protect sharon from turd, nick will break up with her....

a different poster suggested that sharon would break up with nick before he goes against victor for custody of the kid.

i wish they would just stand their ground.

They could just get married and present to the court that since his birth, they have been raising Christian and in the best interest of the child, it would be for him to stay with them and his "sisters."

Versus a nearly 80 year old man who knrw about Christian's patetnity but did nothing to prevent Nick to raise him as his son.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

They could just get married and present to the court that since his birth, they gave been raising Christian and in the best interest of the child, it would be to stay with them and his "sisiters."

Versus a nearly 80 year old man who knrw about Christian's patetnity but did nothing to prevent Nick to raise him as his son.

i love that idea, i'm just not sure that mal would do that when it's easier to just torment sharon/shick fans..

i'm just pessimistic right now about the writing..

• Love 5
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Oh, joy. Hilary is pregnant. 

Ugh. 

Complete with romantic show-and-tell cards for Devon! And pissy Hilary because Devon couldn't interrupt his work schedule for the epic, time-stopping Hilary's HooHoo Report!

I'm starting to lose whatever fondness I have for Gina T--sticking her into the Hilary Punch and Judy Show [woman's got a lot of programs going on...] is wearing thinner than ten-year old underwear. Sloppy writing, I know, but c'mon.

I could care less about Shauna or whatever and famlydrama. Nick, Sharon, California's callin' Get going,

Mal's gift for setting up dialogues that massage the obvious and SHOW US TODAY'S THEME is quite something. Apparently Wednesday CDN/Thursday US is that epic quandary, "New Starts--What to Do?" Day.

• Love 9

I’m still clinging to my fondness for Gina T., but goddamn if it isn’t annoying how Phyllis is shoved into shit where she isn’t even necessary. She feels like the odd woman out when it comes to JT burial squad. And as you say, pearlite, why do we need Phyllis inserted into Hevon’s Summer of Successful Sperming? 

Speaking of Devon and Hilary, I don’t object to the coupling nor am I enthused by it, but what a terrible, cringeworthy “getting back together” story. Nothing sizzles like bonding over a turkey baster. I’m not entirely sure that Mal Young understands the concept of romance. Or interesting television. I can hardly wait for months of the Hilary Hour focusing on every aspect of her uterus. That’s right up there with a miniseries about Kyle’s jock itch or Billy’s back acne. 

• Love 14
(edited)
12 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Speaking of Devon and Hilary, I don’t object to the coupling nor am I enthused by it, but what a terrible, cringeworthy “getting back together” story. Nothing sizzles like bonding over a turkey baster. I’m not entirely sure that Mal Young understands the concept of romance. Or interesting television. I can hardly wait for months of the Hilary Hour focusing on every aspect of her uterus. That’s right up there with a miniseries about Kyle’s jock itch or Billy’s back acne. 

This.  The whole thing manages to be both dull and cringeworthy.  Hilary isn't struggling with a fertility issue, is she?  With the ff'ing I do with this storyline I may missed it.

But if not, Hilary comes off as either a rather vicious, highly insecure brittle person, too unstable to enjoy being around or Tammy-tell-me-true  and Darvon comes off as some simpleton missing the creamy centers from his "Life is like a box of chocolates" mindset.  He's got all the self-awareness of Ed from Green Acres.

It's not so much heart-warming as stomach-churning.

Edited by boes
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I’m not entirely sure that Mal Young understands the concept of romance. Or interesting television.

He doesn't have a clue how to write couples. In Mal's world happy couples just want to fuck all the time (see Lane and Philly). Like ALL THE TIME. Lane have been married for 20 years show time and when they were headed somewhere dressy (I think the Dina Documentary Screening From Hell) with their teenaged children, Cane was all you look hot let's get busy NOW. I mean what the fuck? Who acts like this? Shick too. With all their history and all their trust issues and all their betrayals and all their children, dead and alive, near and far, just WANT TO FUCK ALL THE TIME so it is their collective libido that has brought them together again. RME. And Philly? Middle aged couple with a home of their own have to have sex in elevators and in Jack's office? Why? What is wrong with them? Is sex only hot if they pretend they are still cheating on Jack? See that would be interesting character-driven story. And it would out this revolting pairing for what it is and always has been: i.e. revolting. But Mal is just writing stan-wank crap. He sees Twitter and that so many of these stans get off on simulated soap sex so that's what he gives them. Schmoopy loves scenes or fucking on every surface. Sorry but this is not what soap love stories were built on decades ago. You had believable angst and the audience longing for reunions or comeuppance. And then in that context you would have the over the top (for real life) romancing and "love in the afternoon."

This is pure trash. But loads of stans on Twitter are no doubt excited and lots of new vids will be made. lmao.

#GoMal

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, boes said:

This.  The whole thing manages to be both dull and cringeworthy.  Hilary isn't struggling with a fertility issue, is she?  With the ff'ing I do with this storyline I may missed it.

But if not, Hilary comes off as either a rather vicious, highly insecure brittle person, too unstable to enjoy being around or Tammy-tell-me-true  and Darvon comes off as some simpleton missing the creamy centers from his "Life is like a box of chocolates" mindset.  He's got all the self-awareness of Ed from Green Acres.

It's not so much heart-warming as stomach-churning.

Okay, good. I was a little worried where this HevonBaby crap is concerned. Thought maybe the Chateau Kangaroo had killed a few too many brain cells.

Why are Hilary's self-obsessed needs and requirements the centre of the known universe? Why are we being subjected to every moment of her prior life being rewritten and re-enacted? Had a lousy mom? Take on a high-school girl--yeah, that's a good idea. Something/somebody messed up your senior prom? Have Devon crown you queen of the hop.

Hilary suddenly wanting a baby and needing to gratify that urge stat does not constitute a great storyline. Impulse Control, thy name ain't Hilary.

• Love 7

This show is just so boring. It was interesting with the JT death and now I don't even look up at the TV. I bought a paint-by-numbers kit and I sit there and paint and barely listen. 

And no way I believe Nick and Sharon are gonna run off to Cali, so the whole storyline is just a waste of time in my opinion. 

Oh, and watching Jack leave his family home, and get turned down by Neil and Devon isn't fun or riveting. It makes me mad. 

And let us not forget Phyllis telling us that she not only role plays, but dresses up in costume for Billy, who is just oh so sexy. Like grow up, you're a grandmother. I'm not saying they can't have sex, but doing it in the elevator like a bunch of horny teenagers every three seconds is stupid. 

• Love 14

I agree with everything you just said, jewel. This show is committing the worst sin a soap opera can ever commit- IT'S BORING! I don't give two shits about Hevon, Vyle, Philly and they're wasting the younger set completely. Why can't we focus on a united Abbott family, the evilness of TGVN getting his due finally, Drinki and Glo making wry observations about all the lunacy around them. And the utter waste of Ravi and Mariah and bring back Reed.

• Love 13

Peacheslatour, I agree also. I’ve said before about this show and B&B, the only other soap I watch. They’re the worst things any show can be—Boring. That’s the kiss of death for me. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm old enough to remember when a single LOOK between two characters was more charged and held more meaning than faux sex.

Right? One of the things that made the dreadful (yes, I read them all, don't judge ) Twilight series so successful was all of the longing. There was just tons of it. Mal seems to think jumping bones after five minutes is the height of passion. It's so stupid.

• Love 10
(edited)
37 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Mal seems to think jumping bones after five minutes is the height of passion. It's so stupid.

LOL, well, if you're 16 and your hormones are running as wild as the northern lights,  it's true...(in their dreams anyway)..

oh, i read that on todays cdn eppy, sharon tells mariah about a possible move to cali and she is welcome to come.  mariah goes to nikki to ask if she knows why they want to move to cali....nikki goes to sharon and asks her what she did to try and convince nick to move away..sharon tells her it was nick's idea to move, he's not going back to ne and if she has anymore questions, maybe she should ask victor  then showed her the door out.. 

oh, and turd is going for full custody of can

Edited by valleycliffe
added
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Today's  show features a near naked Vyle.   ???

And now the show is not just boring, Mal is accomplishing something new! The trashification of the most elegant of the soaps.

And don't tell me you're not all going out for ButtNekkid, Jabot's social-media-rage sunscreen? Or why not a little Seemydick Splash-On by Jabot?

• Love 8

Billy's new ad campaign is supposed to impress who exactly. Mal and his dumbass storylines will not bring in younger viewers. They do not watch soap operas. Kyle strutting around is ridiculous. 

• Love 8

I watched soap operas as a youngster. Of course, they weren’t shit pressed between two slices of romcomcom bread. There wasn’t Twitter to amplify the twittery of stans and shippers, making dumbasses like Mal Young think his feeble attempts at sexy banter and displays of elevator humping are worthwhile and popular. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Billy's new ad campaign is supposed to impress who exactly. Mal and his dumbass storylines will not bring in younger viewers. They do not watch soap operas. Kyle strutting around is ridiculous. 

What is this ad campaign? This one off stunt in GC, Wisconsin? Aren’t ad campaigns nationwide? Like did they do a photo shoot to be released along with the “live launch” and if so you wouldn’t hire models? You use an executive with ambitions to be CEO because he works out and has a six pack? And you do it on GC Buzz? Some random streamed crap????

This is beyond silly. Look at his abs ooooh. Why not have Summer wear a tiny string bikini and have every man around openly ogle as the fabric barely holds in her ample breasts? That’d trend on Twitter, right? No? That’s gross? Offensive even?

May sweeps are a disaster. Show tried to spin the latest teeny bump (during Jack’s spin out soliloquy shows btw and NOT Philly sexcapades) as woo hoo. Lmao. Tied household lows (for three weeks running) — that is now *good news* for Y&R. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, miamama said:

What is this ad campaign? This one off stunt in GC, Wisconsin? Aren’t ad campaigns nationwide? Like did they do a photo shoot to be released along with the “live launch” and if so you wouldn’t hire models? You use an executive with ambitions to be CEO because he works out and has a six pack? And you do it on GC Buzz? Some random streamed crap????

This is beyond silly. Look at his abs ooooh. Why not have Summer wear a tiny string bikini and have every man around openly ogle as the fabric barely holds in her ample breasts? That’d trend on Twitter, right? No? That’s gross? Offensive even?

Sigh..........Mal unleashed is not a pretty sight, evidenced by the plummeting ratings, if there was any doubt.

ButtBiscuit as CEO is to business what the Hilary Hour is to entertainment.  Both are vehicles simply to bolster the massively fragile egos of their stars.  Trouble is, other than a lingering noxious odor and the demented babblings of each of their personal Renfield's, there's nothing there that a solid exorcism or thorough enema can't eliminate.  

So Vyle decided to stick with Uncle Beely and now has to show the world he's as anatomically gifted as a Ken Doll.  I am surprised, though, that Mal's JT crush didn't extend to having him whip it out. 

But, then again, finding it could be problematic and they are on a time crunch.

• Love 14

Mal's expertise at character-motivation-destruction isn't his only talent apparently.

Today's CDN? I talked out loud at the television. It was an extravaganza of contrived scenes and re-cycled sets. I love Gloria but her sudden sideline as real-estate salesperson to prop whoeverthehellsheis [I don't care, and she can't act.]--out of nowhere, Mal. Neil, Jack, and Hilary duking it out over Maison Chelsea? Did you blow the set budget, Mal? And ButtNekkid! Biggest spike in sales since forever!

And then, just to add a soupcon of the familiar [forget it, I'm not looking up the keystroke for a cedilla] to this shit pie, we get Humpty Dumpty set afire by Billy's powerhouse executive skills. I might actually take to Summer if she's carrying a flame thrower.

• Love 9

So let me get this straight. Nikki thinks that Sharon could be the reason Nick loses custody of CAN, but Victor deserves custody despite all the despicable things he has done? Not to mention that he is old as dirt, and has pretty much used up all of his nine lives. Add in that CAN would be living under the roof of two people who just recently ended an open marriage, where each was at any given time leaving the ranch to bump uglies with their respective side pieces. I guess if they decide to reopen their marriage a nanny can be counted on to keep CAN clothed and fed while the golden oldies get in on with someone other than their betrothed. And finally of course, we have ex stripper Nikki who is looking down her nose at Sharon, while she continues her working relationship with her employee, the one she was up until recently bedding. I guess in Nikki's world, #MeToo means I too will use my power over a subordinate to have him be at my beck and call as a sex toy. Time should be up for both of these old geezers. 

• Love 20

They all (Nikki and Nick) know Victor is responsible for Adam’s death. But Nick won’t bring this up now to shut Victor down? Lol

The custody crap is all Shick angst. Mal has no clue how to write for couples. They fuck, they schmoop and they have manufactured obstacles in the form of other characters (so Mal can pretend he can write ensemble) thrown at them.

When is he gonna be fired????

• Love 16

I really hate custody battles on soaps. One written by Mal Young is certain to lift that hatred to levels not measurable by science. Don’t insult our intelligence by pretending an undead, son-exploding, rape-facilitating pissbag wouldn’t get laughed out of any court in the land. One of Billy’s nostrils would stand a better chance. 

• Love 16

Oh ffs. Seeing on Twitter that people (very few mostly Philly stans, lol) are disgusted that they are teasing Bummer (best smush name ever). Seriously? This is somehow crossing a line? After Billy fucked grandma Phyllis behind Jack's back. PHYLLIS!! TO WHOM JACK WAS MARRIED and with whom Jack has been in some sort of love for TWO DECADES, Summer flirting with Billy in her own apartment is offensive because he was her Uncle Billy her whole life. lmao. He actually wasn't. He was aged up for Victoria when they paired BM and AH's versions of the characters.

This show became a joke the moment Mal turned Philly into a "real couple," so anything that happens now is meaningless. There is no morality. There is no messing with SORASing or disrespecting of history. There is no more red line. It's a joke.

I hope Summer straddles Buttbiscuit naked on the kitchen countertop on which Philly have fucked many a time and Phyllis walks in on them. That would be good soap.

It won't happen. Summer is being written like a psychopath so she'll just make shit up and cause trouble but in the end Philly will get married. Billy would never cheat (on Phyllis) because he's just become Patrick Drake now. 

• Love 14

Billy wishes he was Patrick Drake. Maybe if Patrick Drake was turned upside down, dipped in shit and rolled in boogers. Summer getting herself some of that huge, throbbing nostril would serve Phyllis right. The spawn produced the first time she cheated on Jack with a knuckle dragging moron riding the buttbiscuit she cheated on Jack with the second time just seems right somehow. 

• Love 15

Well, I did actually see that part on yesterday’s ep, and of course the promo (which I haven’t seen) is probably making it seem like BB (Buttbiscuit) and Summer were flirting, but it wasn’t really like that. BB walked into the apartment and Summer was sitting on the couch flipping through a magazine, wearing a short nightgown-type garment. Billy suggested that she put on some more clothes, and she was all, “Nope, my apartment, adult woman, you don’t tell me what to do!” and there was a bit more back-and-forth which I don’t remember, and then she said something like, “Yeah, I’ve seen the looks you’ve been sneaking, it’s OK, I think you’re hot too”, at which point she walked away, BB stood there stunned, and I had to go and bleach my eyeballs ?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Well, I did actually see that part on yesterday’s ep, and of course the promo (which I haven’t seen) is probably making it seem like BB (Buttbiscuit) and Summer were flirting, but it wasn’t really like that. BB walked into the apartment and Summer was sitting on the couch flipping through a magazine, wearing a short nightgown-type garment. Billy suggested that she put on some more clothes, and she was all, “Nope, my apartment, adult woman, you don’t tell me what to do!” and there was a bit more back-and-forth which I don’t remember, and then she said something like, “Yeah, I’ve seen the looks you’ve been sneaking, it’s OK, I think you’re hot too”, at which point she walked away, BB stood there stunned, and I had to go and bleach my eyeballs ?

I suspect it will be one of those he’s drunk in bed and Summer gets in naked beside him. Either she takes some instagram pics or arranges it that Phyllis finds them. OR Summer cries that Billy came on to her, and Phyllis will be torn between her dotter and her MAN. (GT will get some Emmy reels of course but Billy will be innocent as Philly takes a bullshit break so he can win her back again via romcom hijinks.)

Whatever it is Summer will be the bad evil inexplicably motivated obstacle to Philly’s pure love.

Then HK will return to her other show’s shooting schedule.

The only thing that can stop Mal’s Philly hour is him getting fired.

• Love 11

Mmm, quite the episode...

Something old: Nikki telling old FartFace that she gets him like no one else does--as in getting a disease? [Mad-ass inconsistent writing, Mal]

Something new: Summer hot for NotBilly--did Mal get a memo from young Bell over at B & B to ramp up semi-incestuous stuff for summer? If not, it's as Miamama suggests:

45 minutes ago, miamama said:

I suspect it will be one of those he’s drunk in bed and Summer gets in naked beside him. Either she takes some instagram pics or arranges it that Phyllis finds them. OR Summer cries that Billy came on to her, and Phyllis will be torn between her dotter and her MAN. (GT will get some Emmy reels of course but Billy will be innocent as Philly takes a bullshit break so he can win her back again via romcom hijinks.)

Whatever it is Summer will be the bad evil inexplicably motivated obstacle to Philly’s pure love.

The only thing that can stop Mal’s Philly hour is him getting fired.

Mal likes obvious contrasts, so I'm going with highlighting the intense, pure, radiant love [as in a severe fungal infection] of Philly played off against unstable Summerlust.

Something stupid/repetitious: Folding laundry chez Sharon! Again! And l'il Christian's l'il baby clothes, just to lather it on!

Something even more stupid: Kyle sending Billy a sixpack-o-gram asking for a raise.

Something tedious: Shauna breaks up a Hevon Hot Lunch! Breaking news!

Mal, hon, this is shite.

• Love 11