Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

And never mind the utter ridiculousness of toxic chemicals not being under lock and key in the laboratory. Or the lab doors not being locked, and the lack of a security system ?

Or Graham knowing exactly what vials contain what toxin even before Ashley has had a chance to itemize everything in her lab. RME. (As though there wouldn't be clear as fuck inventory.)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, miamama said:

Or Graham knowing exactly what vials contain what toxin even before Ashley has had a chance to itemize everything in her lab. RME. (As though there wouldn't be clear as fuck inventory.)

And we all watched and heard Ashley make a big deal about this particular vial, even place it on it's own shelf, and yet she hasn't been on major alert since the break in about that vial being missing??  What was the point then of having her even make such a big deal about it to begin with?

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, boes said:

And we all watched and heard Ashley make a big deal about this particular vial, even place it on it's own shelf, and yet she hasn't been on major alert since the break in about that vial being missing??  What was the point then of having her even make such a big deal about it to begin with?

ugh yeah. lol. Didn't she just make her big deal five minutes before the BREAK IN? And it's not the first thing she'd notice?

Gods this is stooooooooopid.

• Love 6

Ding ding ding we have a wiener TooMuchSoap! 

Graham tries to inject Dina while she’s napping but she wakes up and struggles. We are left with the syringe sticking out of Graham’s arm as he stares at it. Jack and Ashley are racing to the Club as they put two and two together figuring Graham was going to kill their mother. 

Was this Scott’s last day? 

• Love 9

I think Graham came back for the sole purpose of a murder drama. Ashley and Jack have been "threatening" him repeatedly. Jack has slugged him and almost slugged him. He provokes them constantly, including in front of Paul the cop and Michael the lawyer. He's been written in such a loathsome manner we are no doubt supposed to cheer his death on.

But it still makes no sense. His plan to frame Ashley is absurd. And if Dina does it Mal will have shown a woman with Alzheimer's burning down a bar, stabbing a woman, kidnapping a toddler and finally killing someone in the span of two or three months.

It's shameful.

• Love 14

So @NinjaPenguins it looks like Jack and Ashley will indeed fight over who gets to take the fall for Dina. Jack will say: You took the fall for dad. My TURN! And she'll say but MY PRINTS ARE ON THE VIALS and SYRINGE! IT'S MY TOXIN!!!!

Oh it will be so dramatic.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Capricasix said:

So Cane left his premature newborn to chase Lily all over Paris? Who’s looking after the baby - the nanny? What a jerk.

Esther..

45 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I've been pretty sure Graham was the one that was going to end up dead.

Okay, this idea I like! ;) 

• Love 4

Ha! So Graham gets the jab!! I was worried when Dina phoned Jack( thinking he was John) to come over. He did, and warned Graham! Ashley and Jack put it together, and are heading over to see Dina, I hope Graham is dead!

Cane and Lilly make out

Scotty says bye bye to Abby.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

This is so bad. The clunky device of "tricking" Ashley into touching the needle was absolutely insulting to our intelligence. And knowing our precious Chief Tightpockets, he'll be fooled. 

Dear Paulie, 

giphy.gif

Dear dumb-as-a-box-of crickets Paulie the Tightpockets, on the case.

• Love 10

This was a weird episode.  All this drama about Cane meeting Lily, and then she was kind of "lunch bag letdown".  And, then they finally do it.  Lily seemed completely unenthused.  Good luck.

And then Scott shows up in Paris and he and Abby bore me to tears, no actually, to a nap. Why are people willing to do very long flights to talk to people they can talk to in GC?

Graham's plan is so ill-planned.  But I did cheer out loud when Dina helped him stab himself.

So this should be super obvious as a self defense situation.  But we know, it won't go that way...

• Love 7
11 hours ago, miamama said:

I think Graham came back for the sole purpose of a murder drama. Ashley and Jack have been "threatening" him repeatedly. Jack has slugged him and almost slugged him. He provokes them constantly, including in front of Paul the cop and Michael the lawyer. He's been written in such a loathsome manner we are no doubt supposed to cheer his death on.

But it still makes no sense. His plan to frame Ashley is absurd. And if Dina does it Mal will have shown a woman with Alzheimer's burning down a bar, stabbing a woman, kidnapping a toddler and finally killing someone in the span of two or three months.

It's shameful.

You know, I would say that Mal Young is taking a page from Chuck Pratt, but the truth is, well, Mal has been influenced by almost every former head writer from the last 10 years or so, but in the worst way possible.

Mal is LML- obsessed with turning two people who had a sleazy affair into a legit couple, while trying to ruin the person they both hurt in the process. In LML case, it was Phyllis and Nick- IMO, she was more enamoured with  Phick than all their stans put together.

Mal is MAB-  had questionable writing experience, brought back fan favourites, legacy/new characters or took a potentially interesting storyline, but ultimately ended up destroying said character and/or story with her awful writing. See Phillip's return, Diane's return, the Sharon/Nick/Phyllis triangle, Phyllis' H&R, Ronan, Adam, etc. She also made MS her pet, which led to Phyllis eating the fucking show. 

Mal is JFP- catered to her pets Steve Burton and Hunter King, by shoving their characters, Dylan and Summer down our throats, even though the audience didn't give a shit about them. Also, she exploited a character's illness and used it as an excuse in order make them do awful things- see Sharon's bi-polar. 

Mal is Chuck Pratt- took the torch from JFP and continued with the tradition of exploiting a woman's illness in order to prop his idiotic storylines. Also, he did not bother to educate himself on the history of the characters, which made for some of the most WTF storylines in recent memory.

All of the aforementioned head writers were terrible in their own way, but at least the audience had ability to decide if we wanted to opt out of watching the next episode, but now Mal Young has managed to take that away from us. 

ETA: I know l may have missed a lot of shit, but trying to remember some of the terrible storylines from the the past 10-12 years was truly exhausting.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 16

Brava ezzylin! Great analysis of past writers.??

I had high hopes with each new regime but I’ve been disappointed with each. Unfortunately for me, I love Y&R and have since ‘74 (  No I wasn’t a wee one watching with my Grandma. How I wish that was true. Ha! ) I’m not giving up yet but my FF gets a workout some days. Looking at you Philly ?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ezzylin said:

You know, I would say that Mal Young is taking a page from Chuck Pratt, but the truth is, well, Mal has been influenced by almost every former head writer from the last 10 years or so, but in the worst way possible.

Mal is LML- obsessed with turning two people who had a sleazy affair into a legit couple, while trying to ruin the person they both hurt in the process. In LML case, it was Phyllis and Nick- IMO, she was more enamoured with  Phick than all their stans put together.

Mal is MAB-  had questionable writing experience, brought back fan favourites, legacy/new characters or took a potentially interesting storyline, but ultimately ended up destroying said character and/or story with her awful writing. See Phillip's return, Diane's return, the Sharon/Nick/Phyllis triangle, Phyllis' H&R, Ronan, Adam, etc. She also made MS her pet, which led to Phyllis eating the fucking show. 

Mal is JFP- catered to her pets Steve Burton and Hunter King, by shoving their characters, Dylan and Summer down our throats, even though the audience didn't give a shit about them. Also, she exploited a character's illness and used it as an excuse in order make them do awful things- see Sharon's bi-polar. 

Mal is Chuck Pratt- took the torch from JFP and continued with the tradition of exploiting a woman's illness in order to prop his idiotic storylines. Also, he did not bother to educate himself on the history of the characters, which made for some of the most WTF storylines in recent memory.

All of the aforementioned head writers were terrible in their own way, but at least the audience had ability to decide if we wanted to opt out of watching the next episode, but now Mal Young has managed to take that away from us. 

ETA: I know l may have missed a lot of shit, but trying to remember some of the terrible storylines from the the past 10-12 years was truly exhausting.

Ezzylin, your post is a thing of brilliance and beauty.  Perfection.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

This is so bad. The clunky device of "tricking" Ashley into touching the needle was absolutely insulting to our intelligence. And knowing our precious Chief Tightpockets, he'll be fooled. 

Paul is so clueless, it's sad..lol

• Love 1

Oh my, except for a few brief scenes with Dina, today's show was super boring.  Not only did I have to ff through Lily and Cane in present day, I had to ff through old Lily and Cane scenes, which I am sure I ff'ed through when they originally aired.

So Tessa steals Mariah's personal journal, and in the span of a few hours writes a song using her friend's private thoughts and words.  Stealing Drinki's gun was bad enough, but this is a betrayal and violation beyond comprehension. 

Hilary decides she wants to have her own baby, after sitting with Sam for a few hours.

Dina confesses to Brent Davis' murder to Chief Paulie. I love the way she holds out her hands to be cuffed.  She did that in one of her earlier breaking the law scenes.  Paul is not suspicious of Dina, of course, he thinks Ash is the culprit because of the fingerprints on the syringe.  Then they get a call from the hospital and all rush over there.  The doc says they could not save Graham and they need to know who his next of kin is.  Dina says she is, and tells them to remove the life support.  Jack and Ash exchange WTF looks.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, bannana said:

Hilary decides she wants to have her own baby, after sitting with Sam for a few hours.

i knew that would happen.  baby rabies..

there was a spoiler a while back (new year preview?) that said hillary was going to make devon a proposition or a request or something like that...

ETA: at a different board, a poster said and what if he says NO....would she then call jordan?

there was a mention before, think it was me, that he was going to make a reappearance on y&r cause on twitter he said he was greatful his fans liked him and wanted him back on the show..or something like that.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Oh my, except for a few brief scenes with Dina, today's show was super boring.  Not only did I have to ff through Lily and Cane in present day, I had to ff through old Lily and Cane scenes, which I am sure I ff'ed through when they originally aired.

So Tessa steals Mariah's personal journal, and in the span of a few hours writes a song using her friend's private thoughts and words.  Stealing Drinki's gun was bad enough, but this is a betrayal and violation beyond comprehension. 

Dina confesses to Brent Davis' murder to Chief Paulie. I love the way she holds out her hands to be cuffed.  She did that in one of her earlier breaking the law scenes.  Paul is not suspicious of Dina, of course, he thinks Ash is the culprit because of the fingerprints on the syringe.  Then they get a call from the hospital and all rush over there.  The doc says they could not save Graham and they need to know who his next of kin is.  Dina says she is, and tells them to remove the life support.  Jack and Ash exchange WTF looks.

They brought Graham back for this? I mean if you're going to kill the guy make it good. So Paul actually thinks Ashley was involved? Honestly. This is so asinine I don't even know what to say.

But at least this stupid as fuck character played by a piece of wood is dead and gone.

Dina saying pull the plug is a little funny though.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i knew that would happen.  baby rabies..

there was a spoiler a while back (new year preview?) that said hillary was going to make devon a proposition or a request or something like that...

Oh, that seems about right.  

1 minute ago, miamama said:

They brought Graham back for this? I mean if you're going to kill the guy make it good. So Paul actually thinks Ashley was involved? Honestly. This is so asinine I don't even know what to say.

But at least this stupid as fuck character played by a piece of wood is dead and gone.

Dina saying pull the plug is a little funny though.

I so wish that Graham was drugging Dina to make her appear to have Alzheimers, so that we could keep MA as Dina on the show.  I just love every scene she is in.

• Love 15

at a different board, when it was brought up about maybe graham had been drugging her to look like she had alzheimers, they said he couldn't have because it was also done in france and dr. there is the one who first diagnosed her and also because jack and ashley had her tested too after graham wasn't around anymore...

do they do blood tests for alzheimers?  otherwise, why couldn't it have been because he was drugging her..

• Love 3

otherwise, why couldn't it have been because he was drugging her..

How long was she away from him while she lived at Abbott Manor? It seems to me like a couple of months. I don't think any drug would stay in her system that long. The effects should have worn off long before now.

• Love 4

do they do blood tests for alzheimers?

No. The only definitive way that an Alzheimer's diagnosis can be made is by postmortem examination of the brain. Cognitive testing can allow a physician to diagnose probable disease, but dementia can also produce very similar symptoms but usually occurs later in a person's life, whereas Alzheimer's can begin to manifest in patients in their forties, though much older people can develop it too.

Does anyone else have periodic/temporary issues with the formatting function on these forums? My "view" of the various options (i.e., Quote, Multi-Quote, Edit Post and the formatting functions) just disappears from the screen, sometimes for several days. The thing I can faintly see at the bottom of each post is just a red digit, which is the number of "likes" a particular post has received. Weird.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

at a different board, when it was brought up about maybe graham had been drugging her to look like she had alzheimers, they said he couldn't have because it was also done in france and dr. there is the one who first diagnosed her and also because jack and ashley had her tested too after graham wasn't around anymore...

do they do blood tests for alzheimers?  otherwise, why couldn't it have been because he was drugging her..

I'm down with that theory because I love Marla Adams and want her to remain on the show. Hell, this show stopped being logical a long time ago. At least make it something that I will like if they're going to swerve towards the far-fetched lol

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

No. The only definitive way that an Alzheimer's diagnosis can be made is by postmortem examination of the brain. Cognitive testing can allow a physician to diagnose probable disease, but dementia can also produce very similar symptoms but usually occurs later in a person's life, whereas Alzheimer's can begin to manifest in patients in their forties, though much older people can develop it too.

Does anyone else have periodic/temporary issues with the formatting function on these forums? My "view" of the various options (i.e., Quote, Multi-Quote, Edit Post and the formatting functions) just disappears from the screen, sometimes for several days. The thing I can faintly see at the bottom of each post is just a red digit, which is the number of "likes" a particular post has received. Weird.

Yes, this happens to me too.

OMG what another boring episode. Lilly, is she pleased Cane is back or not, did she like holding Sam or not. Are we supposed to read her mind. JT and Victoria moved ridiculously  fast, it's stupid! WTH are they thinking

Mariah found her diary , right after Tessa sat in that spot she dropped it, , she hears Tessa's song and screams they are my words!! end of! zzzz

• Love 5

Wow, I cannot stand JT and Vic together, but after much blathering on today's show, she asks him to  move in.

Lily is just not that into raising Cane's lovechild with Juliet.

Tessa sings her new song live on the Hilary Hour, and Mariah realizes that Tessa stole her words from her journal as Tessa is singing.  She loses it on air with Tessa and calls her a thieving bitch.  That was worth watching the episode for.

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

JT and Victoria moved ridiculously  fast, it's stupid! WTH are they thinking

48 minutes ago, bannana said:

Wow, I cannot stand JT and Vic together, but after much blathering on today's show, she asks him to  move in.

um, wut?

Mal is deranged.

• Love 11

I have not posted in a really long time so I don't expect anyone to remember that I posted about my mom's dementia and how much I did not want to watch this storyline other than loving Marla Adams from way back-----my mom  was the Y& R fan but I am still watching off and on and did watch it back in the day ---she passed in November, she was 90 ---- and I miss her every day but somehow Y& R keeps on and I watch because it does not require very many brain cells---I have hated Cane with the fire of a 1000 suns since day one and that has not gone away and Lily was always a sap even when she was a teen---no interest in JT notBilly or assorted other idiots---have not seen any shows this week but I have OnDemand---it is sounding like I should spend the weekend watching Food  Network instead of this dreck----WTH?

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Is Marla Adams older than Eric Braeden?  In real life, I mean.  

marla was born aug. 28, 1938 according to imdb which means she will be 80 this summer.

eric braeden was born april something or other 1941 so he is 76

41 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Oly said:

I have not posted in a really long time so I don't expect anyone to remember that I posted about my mom's dementia and how much I did not want to watch this storyline other than loving Marla Adams from way back-----my mom  was the Y& R fan but I am still watching off and on and did watch it back in the day ---she passed in November, she was 90 ---- and I miss her every day but somehow Y& R keeps on and I watch because it does not require very many brain cells---I have hated Cane with the fire of a 1000 suns since day one and that has not gone away and Lily was always a sap even when she was a teen---no interest in JT notBilly or assorted other idiots---have not seen any shows this week but I have OnDemand---it is sounding like I should spend the weekend watching Food  Network instead of this dreck----WTH?

Hiya @Oly, nice to see you back. I'm so sorry about your mom. 

This show is shit. And I think what burns for me is it's been shit a lot of its run in the last 15 years or so but this time Mal has decided he's just going to give the stans what they want. So it's basically silly fanfic about couples with a few moments of shock and awe thrown in for the promos.

I can watch clunky storytelling. I can watch overwrought acting, bad murder mysteries, multi-generational dysfunction. I cannot watch cheesy couples fanfic. 

• Love 13

It's almost like Young doesn't know there are several sites out there filled with fanfics of varying quality where stans could get their fix. Why, if he did know that, perhaps he might channel his efforts into making a decent show instead of giving Philly phans embarrassing garbage readily available on the internet.  I'm sure as hell not going to look, but I bet some schmoe out there has written stuff far more entertaining than what Young has upchucked on my screen.

Continuing with the theme of shit Mal doesn't seem to know, I'll take Relationships for $200. Naked staircase romps for old time's sake followed by an invitation to move in seems a little hasty. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Oly said:

Hi Oly, happy to see you back and very sorry about your mom.  I think staying away from this storyline was a wise decision - it hasn't been handled well at all.  The only saving grace has been watching Marla Adams spin gold out of crap with whatever has been handed to her.  Peter Bergman and Beth Maitland have done the same.  Eileen Davidson has done ...... something .....

Show is a mess, just a mess.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 13

Oh, look, Philly are back to have sex-related activities and for Billy to once again act like he's the authority on Victoria's life and be "right" about another one of Victoria's "bad decisions in relationships." Fuck off with this shit.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, look, Philly are back to have sex-related activities and for Billy to once again act like he's the authority on Victoria's life and be "right" about another one of Victoria's "bad decisions in relationships." Fuck off with this shit.

Well Buttbiscuit would know from bad decisions, he's never made a good one.

• Love 11

So after Jack couldn't leave his mother for one minute, to the point he was going to lose Jabot to his insane sister, he just says, okay mom go live in Paris with Abby?

WTF?

And Ashley and Jack are going to continue this asinine battle?

And Graham came back to usher Dina away? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I haven’t seen anything about her leaving but I’m afraid she is. I bet she is going to die soon. Fuck off show. ?

I'm legit shocked. Like that's IT??? That is the emotional payoff we get? Are you fucking kidding me? The past month wasted on Jack/Ash and the fucking Jabot battle, that lunatic Graham story and the kidnapping of Nick's kid? aaaargh.

wow. Between Marla gone and Philly making out in Jack's office, I can't.

I need a break.

• Love 9