Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I'm not normally an advocate of violence, but I would dearly have loved to punch Dummer in the throat yesterday. And Drunkki can take a seat with her criticism of Sharon. Last I checked, Sharon didn't bash someone's head in with a rock while in a drunken stupor!

I do think TIIC are setting Joe up to be offed. Add Austin to the list of people who Joe done wrong.

• Love 9

I am not liking what I saw today... no sireee, not one little bit.  What the flippin' feck happened?  Victurd playing footsies with his new bestie Phyllis?  Jack absolving that odious old fossil face the full weight of responsibility for the unravelling of Phyllis... instead Jack declaring he will be the bearer of that burden himself?  WHAT??  Then the shit cherry atop this puke sundae was DumdumDummer and Drinkki trashing Sharon again?  Wow, wow, just wow.   Fire good -- show bad.

Please tell me none of this occured, I was dizzy from all the snow shovelling today and having a bad fantasy sequence of my own, right? 

Okay, good, Klopek, I'm not alone apparently.

Snow shovelling cannot lead to anything that bad...speaking of which, I've gotta move my car today.

I thought whole chunks of yesterday's episode seemed as if the network were showing it ahead of time or something--a whole lot of events and conversations whose back-up or rationale have so far never been played; i.e., Summer and Nikki making Sharon the AntiChrist, Victor and Phyllis, Victor and Jack. Not to mention the speedy dismissal of Joe Clark as he dumps all over Austin--not that that was a bad thing, mind you.

• Love 6

Dummer is truly stupider than whale shit. I swear her level of comprehnsion is lower than K-RAN's. All she does is run off at the mouth and shit on people. Chip off the old bitch for sure. Would she rather her mother was in jail? Her aunt and Jack are trying to help Phyllis out but she's too blind and idiotic to realize it. She's another character that needs a revamp ASAP.

• Love 10

The court case today was so blah, Sherman was useless, Summer obnoxious, Avery puffing and panting, Nick looking stupid, Mariah was terrified, Noah trying to be fair, Sharon has a terrible spray tan, her neck area and hands looked orange, a completely different color then her face, very noticeable, the Judge and Faith were the only two worth watching...the judge will decide tomorrow....

• Love 6

I agree re Sherman being useless.  The basis of Nick's suing for custody is that Sharon is an unfit mother because she has mental health issues, and Avery implies that even though she is okay on her meds, if she doesn't take her meds she could go bsc and endanger faith.  Well there would be a lot of parents out there who would lose their kids based on that kind of logic.  And certainly Sherman can come up with something that shows Nick as the loser he is other than pantsless Sage.  Sheesh.

• Love 8

Well guess it was Shit On Sharon Day! All that bitching and trashing going on between her murdering sot of an ex mother-in-law and the Perpetual Princess Of Pout was a pant load of stinky shit bombs! I am boiling mad the writers stooped this low in trashing a mentally diseased woman by these two bitches trying to work up some sympathy for poor little Scummer! I will never feel anything but scorn for this whiny little heffer. She never suffered anything that I could see,maybe not having her mom, but that was just as much on Phyl as it was Sharon. And Puhleaze, Miss Piggy,with your drunken nose all up in the air,I don't think Sharon has killed anyone yet!!!  How many have you offed?  Neither one of these ass clowns is fit to lick the heel of Sharon's sexy black shiny thigh high boots! Hope she puts the pointy toe of one of them suckers right up in their stuck up,Newman entitled asses.

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 7

The show was a huge let down on all fronts. Wow. If Chuck Pratt is just picking up the whip used by the past two regimes to flog Sharon, I'll be beyond ticked. Is this all just a lead up for Sharon to lose custody of Faith?

I felt sick watching Sharon have to beg Nick yet again to have mercy on her so she wouldn't lose everything. Mariah was used to bolster Nick's

case, Dummer gets to spew what a danger Sharon is when off her meds, and Sherman was utterly useless. And no mention of Nick's general douchery. WTH is this shit?

ETA: Its freezing right now, but I'm steaming mad here in T.O. ;)

Edited by Gigi
  • Love 7

OMG I wanted to kill Nick. I can't even explain the hate for that character, Sharon AGAIN has to plead for joint custody. He doesn't give a shit about Faith. Sharon called him outright about how he's punishing her and he's still trying to act like he's doing this for Faith. 

He doesn't deserve to raise a dog much less a child.

Where was all the mentions of Nick's issues and crimes, bad parenting, Victor's gaslighting (wasn't he subpoenaed?), Dummer got to go up on stand and no mention of the kidnapping/cop shooting felon she's married to? How she forgave and went on a Austin apology tour while Sharon's the root of all evil. Nick letting Faith run away, Nick too busy with Sage to spend 5 minutes with the child he claims to want full custody of (which is a joke he'll pawn that child off on Nikki or anyone else to go jump Sage 24/7) or how Sharon's such a danger but Nick went on a bear trap vacation leaving Faith with Sharon. It was just a Sharon changed the test results and has bipolar court case.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 11

OMG I wanted to kill Nick. I can't even explain the hate for that character, Sharon AGAIN has to plead for joint custody. He doesn't give a shit about Faith. Sharon called him outright about how he's punishing her and he's still trying to act like he's doing this for Faith. 

He doesn't deserve to raise a dog much less a child.

Where was all the mentions of Nick's issues and crimes, bad parenting, Victor's gaslighting (wasn't he subpoenaed?), Dummer got to go up on stand and no mention of the kidnapping/cop shooting felon she's married to? How she forgave and went on a Austin apology tour while Sharon's the root of all evil. Nick letting Faith run away, Nick too busy with Sage to spend 5 minutes with the child he claims to want full custody of (which is a joke he'll pawn that child off on Nikki or anyone else to go jump Sage 24/7) or how Sharon's such a danger but Nick went on a bear trap vacation leaving Faith with Sharon. It was just a Sharon changed the test results and has bipolar court case.

I haven't seen this episode yet and can't comment intelligently, but I can ask "WHERE THE HELL WAS HER LAWYER?"  There is a mountain of evidence to be used against this freak, and he didn't mention any of it?

• Love 5

Just watching that disgusting controlling filthy man child filled me with uncontrollable rage. I have never in my whole life hated a fictional character with all of my being as I hate that sick putrid piece of shit! He is only doing this to hurt Sharon for what she believes she did. Sharon is once again going to have something taken away from her because of him. Her begging and pleading with him to stop this and share custody was heartbreaking. I wanted to bash his big old greasy head in with a rock just like his hypocritical drunk ass mama bashed Diane's .I wish with all my being that something or someone will strike this useless hunk of steaming crud right smack in his mouth full of over sized teeth!  Nothing will ever make me want him and Sharon back together after this sick and cruel display of showing Sharon who's the boss and keeping her under his thumb and at his mercy! I hate this ignorant moron!

And what a sick travesty of justice. That courtroom and Sharon's useless over paid mouth piece can go suck donkey balls! What a freaking joke! Not one word of what Dickweed did with Scummer's paternity and sat on for 18 years. Not one word of how he set this whole thing in motion and nobody even slapped his hand! Not one word of how this no good womanizing cheating ass mofo ruined Sharon's life over and over and she forgave him. Not one word of his evil and manipulative father and yes her daughter Mariah trying to drive Sharon insane at the time this happened so Nick would leave her. Not one word of other people being behind her breakdown and driving her over the edge!!  I just could not believe this! If this is CP's writing and his way to redeem the Sharon character of whom he claims to be a fan,then I am not liking this one bit!  Sharon has been shit on enough! This is not enjoyable to see a woman suffering a mental disorder treated so callously.

And then again nobody asking for a legitimate DNA test. Only taking the word of somebody's hair brush used by possibly 2 different people and a wine glass along with the confession of a bipolar woman off her meds!!! The only bright spot in the show was little Faith with her sweet little face showing how much of a bright and loving child she is. And then to hear Gabadam come to Sharon's defense to that mealy mouthed Dickweed loving Sage.The only two happy parts of the show for me. Oh and when Mariah called Scummer "Princess Whiny Pants!!"  (:

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 14

I haven't seen this episode yet and can't comment intelligently, but I can ask "WHERE THE HELL WAS HER LAWYER?"  There is a mountain of evidence to be used against this freak, and he didn't mention any of it?

Her lawyer was an incompetent asshole!!!!!

• Love 6

I really dislike how the sherminator went from pitbull to pitiful...smdh

seriously, he should have ripped the nickanderthal apart on the stand instead, we got NOTHING.

LOL I read that CP actually likes the Sharon character, lawdy help us if he didn't.

• Love 6

seriously, he should have ripped the nickanderthal apart on the stand instead, we got NOTHING.

LOL I read that CP actually likes the Sharon character, lawdy help us if he didn't.

Based on what I'm seeing Valley, I don't believe that for a second. Every single head writer has put a positive spin on how they see/write the Sharon character, and every one of them has allowed her to be shit on over and over and over again in the writing. This has been going on for 8 years! When I read the Y&R Emmy pre-noms today and SC was glaringly omitted but newbies like Kelly Sullivan (Sage) were nominated (I posted a link in the BTS Dramah thread), well, I don't believe anything good really will happen for Sharon. It's just this sick feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. :(

Edited by Gigi
  • Love 3

After finally getting to see the custody fiasco, I came on this thread trying to find out if they really gave Nick full custody.  Nothing is posted, so I assume that means the "the custody of Faith is awarded to" came at the very end of your show today.  I may be forced to quit watching this show just to live a few years longer - I swear my blood pressure goes up every time I watch.  I think Stupid Sherman should be disbarred for coming to court totally unprepared to defend Sharon. Like someone else suggested, this is probably a ploy to take Faith away from Sharon and let Nick be the big hero by sharing custody.  If so, it may be the worst writing in history.  I don't think even one of us is prepared to like Nick again, even if he offed both Victor and Dylan.

• Love 7

Well now I know I should always listen to my instincts. Twitter followers have said Nick gets sole custody. Sharon is upset with Mariah for what she said on the stand and tells her to "get away" from her. So Sharon is destroyed again. And there it is.

I want to vomit.

• Love 8

Well now I know I should always listen to my instincts. Twitter followers have said Nick gets sole custody. Sharon is upset with Mariah for what she said on the stand and tells her to "get away" from her. So Sharon is destroyed again. And there it is.

I want to vomit.

If this is what happens then I'm out again. I quit the last time because I found myself pissed off and not enjoying the show at all. It's starting again. It seems like 80% of the characters are hypocritical assholes who get rewarded for their repugnant behavior. That isn't entertaining or interesting to watch. Who wants to see douche-bags treated like heroes while the really good decent characters get spit on and abused with no end in sight. I know every show needs villains and those characters that the audience loves to hate but TPTB forget that they also want to see these villains get their eventual comeuppance.  I had hopes that things would change but it looks like I'm going to be disappointed again.

• Love 7

I want to vomit.

Well comrades, "and there it is"  indeed, confirmed. Feb./4/2015/  4:52 est. bastards!  : (

• Love 3

I don't even know how to take this episode. I hate that Sharon lost and Nick gets to win, meanwhile he shouldn't have gotten Faith when he didn't give a damn about putting her needs first. He's already dropping her off on his mother. You can see he knows he's gone too far so he'll be the good guy when he gives into joint custody after he dragged them all through this. 

On the other hand, Dylan's comfort and going after Sharon pretty much confirms she is well liked by CP if he's possibly going to pair her with SB. 

• Love 5

WTF

I stopped watching last January after the MM and BM fiasco and started up again this past fall.  After today episode, I'm close to giving up on this show completely.   

I'm seriously pissed.

• Love 4

Based on what I'm seeing Valley, I don't believe that for a second. Every single head writer has put a positive spin on how they see/write the Sharon character, and every one of them has allowed her to be shit on over and over and over again in the writing. This has been going on for 8 years! When I read the Y&R Emmy pre-noms today and SC was glaringly omitted but newbies like Kelly Sullivan (Sage) were nominated (I posted a link in the BTS Dramah thread), well, I don't believe anything good really will happen for Sharon. It's just this sick feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. :(

THIS!!!!!! Thanks Gigi! All true. Another rug pulled out from under the Sharon fans not even a month into this new regime of CP's, who has gone on record as saying he is a big Sharon fan. SMDH I just can't anymore!

• Love 3

I don't even know how to take this episode. I hate that Sharon lost and Nick gets to win, meanwhile he shouldn't have gotten Faith when he didn't give a damn about putting her needs first. He's already dropping her off on his mother. You can see he knows he's gone too far so he'll be the good guy when he gives into joint custody after he dragged them all through this. 

On the other hand, Dylan's comfort and going after Sharon pretty much confirms she is well liked by CP if he's possibly going to pair her with SB. 

As wooden an actor as SB is he does have a spark and I can tolerate him better with Sharon,but that is true of almost anyone paired with her.This pisses me off so bad that they have to recognize her talents and charisma because they use her time and time again to prop other characters. Davery is a huge flop and they know it. I am sure this will give them some angst! As long as she is away from that knuckle dragging asshole I am fine with it.

• Love 5

If it's a choice between CP's pet Steve Burton or pairing Sharon back with douchebag Nick. I want Dylan, he or Adam have been on her side and shown more love for her than Nick. Nick will only want her back when she gets with someone else. 

I do also hope this whole thing is a plan of CP's. Sharon and Dylan bond. Nikki is in no condition for being responsible for a child, but Nick goes to court to keep Sharon from Faith, but has no problems seeing his mother is drunk 24/7 for how long she's been off the wagon and he leaves Faith in her care because Sharon's such a danger. Then Nikki does something that hurts Faith and it's all Nick's fault for not being a full time parent with custody and leaving her all the time with Nikki instead. Showing Sharon as not the danger, but Nick's family.

• Love 7

Well comrades, "and there it is"  indeed, confirmed. Feb./4/2015/  4:52 est. bastards!  : (

Then it is true - I've been reading it on other sites, but I figured I would wait to see if it was really true.  I know I can trust this site, and the worst is confirmed.  I now can only think we need a DNA test on Faith and she turns out to be Jack's.  That's the only thing that would fix this.  I hate NicholASS.

• Love 8

Wouldn't that be nice Artsda? But it won't happen because the writers enjoy tearing Sharon down too much. This farce of a custody battle should never have ended like this. They dangled scenes of Sharon ripping Nick a new one at Crimson Lights, Sharon and David, Sharon and Chelsea to get us vested in the real possibility that we may actually see a really good courtroom scene. But we got nothing but how "unstable" Sharon is and not one damn line of defense from David Sherman? Noah and Mariah were used to weaken Sharon's case by Avery, but no cross by David on Nick. Then they use Sharon's terrified outburst at the unbearable thought of losing her daughter as the final proof she's unstable? What mother would not be equally terrified of losing their child? The writing used every single thing against her and nothing Nick has done was brought up other than the lady with no pants. On that, how did Avery and Nick even know that Faith told Mariah the truth about Sage? Did I miss a scene? And what happened to Victor testifying? After the horrors Sharon has already suffered, including missing the first 6 months of Faith's life thanks to Adam, this is inhumane. Sharon does NOT deserve this. :(

So Sharon and Mariah have a big fight, Mariah moves out and will stay with Kevin. So Sharon loses Mariah as well as Faith. Previews show she loses it and smashes all the family photos on her mantel at the cottage. She is utterly alone now. I just can't with this sadism anymore. And I don't believe Dylan is gonna be paired with her, or at least I hope not. I am sick to death of Sharon being used to prop other characters. I may need to take a break from this show. It's become unwatchable.

• Love 11

Wouldn't that be nice Artsda? But it won't happen because the writers enjoy tearing Sharon down too much. This farce of a custody battle should never have ended like this. They dangled scenes of Sharon ripping Nick a new one at Crimson Lights, Sharon and David, Sharon and Chelsea to get us vested in the real possibility that we may actually see a really good courtroom scene. But we got nothing but how "unstable" Sharon is and not one damn line of defense from David Sherman? Noah and Mariah were used to weaken Sharon's case by Avery, but no cross by David on Nick. Then they use Sharon's terrified outburst at the unbearable thought of losing her daughter as the final proof she's unstable? What mother would not be equally terrified of losing their child? The writing used every single thing against her and nothing Nick has done was brought up other than the lady with no pants. On that, how did Avery and Nick even know that Faith told Mariah the truth about Sage? Did I miss a scene? And what happened to Victor testifying? After the horrors Sharon has already suffered, including missing the first 6 months of Faith's life thanks to Adam, this is inhumane. Sharon does NOT deserve this. :(

So Sharon and Mariah have a big fight, Mariah moves out and will stay with Kevin. So Sharon loses Mariah as well as Faith. Previews show she loses it and smashes all the family photos on her mantel at the cottage. She is utterly alone now. I just can't with this sadism anymore. And I don't believe Dylan is gonna be paired with her, or at least I hope not. I am sick to death of Sharon being used to prop other characters. I may need to take a break from this show. It's become unwatchable.

Everything you said.  I'm just about done.  I'll hang around to see JH and that's about it.

• Love 3

On the other side though Gigi, how long have Sharon supporters said "get her away from Dick and the Newmans".  I can't help but remain hopeful (I've got too many decades invested into this show to give up now).  Let's wait and see if Pratt might just be the one to liberate Sharon.  Maybe?  Chin up Gigi, hang in there, and let's all enjoy watching Sharon trash the cottage, and cheer her on while she's flexing HER fists of fury.  It  will be cathartic for all us I believe.  : )

• Love 6

Eh, I think that SC is just getting the meaty stories. I think they are going to switch it up and have Dylan go towards Sharon. Which in my book is cool. She is the only one I see him having a spark with.

(I am not Canadian, just say Eh a lot and like crashing y'alls thread from time to time. I lurke here, I love spoilers!)

LOL eh...whoa Dylan and sparks not a good combo!!

• Love 8

And that is why this epi was so unbelievable. Sharon didn't need the Sage wearing a bathrobe story. All Sherman had to do was bring up Faith running away while in NIck's custody, and the fact that during the time Nick was talking about taking Faith away from Sharon, he had no problem leaving said child with her mother while he took off to find himself.

And as others have said it is disgusting the way this show treats mental illness. So Nick thinks he has to protect Faith from Sharon? If Sharon had, say diabetes, would he be fighting for full custody in case Sharon (no pun intended) went into a diabetic coma? Or was epileptic, and had a seizure? Of course not. Why did Nick never go after full custody of Summer during the times he and Phyl were apart over the years?  Her mother is a much worse mother than Sharon IMO. Mind you Nick would be too afraid of Phyl to do such a thing.  

I can't believe Sharon Case hasn't been nominated for an Emmy. She is acting the shit out of this shit. Heck, I got tears in my eyes when she and Faith were saying goodbye. Those two might be the best two actors on that show.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

And that is why this epi was so unbelievable. Sharon didn't need the Sage wearing a bathrobe story. All Sherman had to do was bring up Faith running away while in NIck's custody, and the fact that during the time Nick was talking about taking Faith away from Sharon, he had no problem leaving said child with her mother while he took off to find himself.

And as others have said it is disgusting the way this show treats mental illness. So Nick thinks he has to protect Faith from Sharon? If Sharon had, say diabetes, would he be fighting for full custody in case Sharon (no pun intended) went into a diabetic coma? Or was epileptic, and had a seizure? Of course not. Why did Nick never go after full custody of Summer during the times he and Phyl were apart over the years?  Her mother is a much worse mother than Sharon IMO. Mind you Nick would be too afraid of Phyl to do such a thing.  

I can't believe Sharon Case hasn't been nominated for an Emmy. She is acting the shit out of this shit. Heck, I got tears in my eyes when she and Faith were saying goodbye. Those two might be the best two actors on that show.

I still think that Victor is involved in some way. I bet it will come out that he paid either Sherman or the judge off.I am so ashamed of the way Sharon's mental illness has been just ignored and overlooked. It is really disturbing for the show to treat her this way.

***Edited to say that her performance in that courtroom was totally believable and very moving. I was crying my eyes out.I so agree with you. On that scene alone she should have been nominated. She always turns in a great acting job!

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 8

Hilarious to me is that Drinki is now a big influence in Faith's life.  And Pricktor, and these are mentally stable people.

I do like that SC is given more storyline and I was pissed that she blamed Mariah, and even Noah, but that makes for some good story to come.

• Love 6

I still think that Victor is involved in some way. I bet it will come out that he paid either Sherman or the judge off.I am so ashamed of the way Sharon's mental illness has been just ignored and overlooked. It is really disturbing for the show to treat her this way.

***Edited to say that her performance in that courtroom was totally believable and very moving. I was crying my eyes out.I so agree with you. On that scene alone she should have been nominated. She always turns in a great acting job!

As a mother, I would certainly empathize with Sharon's heartbreaking performance in the courtroom, even if I didn't like the character...she is trying so hard to overcome a debilitating illness despite constantly being put down for having that illness..while others like the snooty Nikki, who also has an illness is held up as some kind of martyr, by the same people who belittle Sharon for hers..it is the hypocrisy that bothers me....I loved the fact that Dylan was there for Sharon, he seems to be the only one who is aware that he is not perfect and doesn't judge Sharon because of that....the rest of GC could take lessons from him...I don't know where CP is taking this, but there is definitely a change been made in the outcome of this trial, this is not the way it was headed before he took over....SC, as always gave an amazing performance....

• Love 9

I too am not following why this case hinged on Sage taking her pants off at Nicks?  Sharon and Sherman thought they had a solid case against Nick long before that card was played.  It is a disgusting end to a stupid storyline.  Nick now has to call in his drunken mother to look after Faith, why?  Is Nick not capable of parenting on his own? I mean would Sharon call someone to help her with Faith...NO.  

It was nice to see Jill dressed in a power suit, loved the jacket, she needs to chop her hair to shoulder length now so she isn't 60ish trying to look 40ish...Lily actually looked nice in that red dress, showed off her figure.  

KSJ appeared to be reading cue cards!!!  LOL  He was suddenly looking over each of Hilary's shoulders, his eyes were all over the place.  FF'ed all of Devon and Hilary, don't care!  What are the writers thinking anyway about the outcome.  Neil is going to be pissed and might get pissed no matter when he finds out so let her rip!  Can we please just be done!   

• Love 8

I'm not going to watch the episode until I calm down. I have been reading all of these posts and I'm left feeling bereft of words to describe how I feel, or at least, words that can be used on this site. Nothing seems adequate to express my sadness and outrage.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 11

I'm not going to watch the episode until I calm down. I have been reading all of these posts and I'm left feeling bereft of words to describe how I feel, or at least, words that can be used on this site. Nothing seems adequate to express my sadness and outrage.

That's a good idea. I was just livid after seeing it. I am still pissed this morning but I think I am thinking more clear headed. I think! lol

• Love 4

Hilarious to me is that Drinki is now a big influence in Faith's life.  And Pricktor, and these are mentally stable people.

I do like that SC is given more storyline and I was pissed that she blamed Mariah, and even Noah, but that makes for some good story to come.

This will be a good story to watch. I am sure she will apologize to Mariah and Noah. She was just hurt and shocked and was lashing out. I can understand why she acted that way as I have done the same thing under stressful circumstances. Sharon is not perfect or an angel,only human. I am happy she is on the screen so much and look forward to seeing how they play this one out. My continued watching this show will depend on the outcome of this story and where they are taking Sharon. If it's still the shitting on Sharon shit fest then I am gone.

• Love 7

On the other side though Gigi, how long have Sharon supporters said "get her away from Dick and the Newmans".  I can't help but remain hopeful (I've got too many decades invested into this show to give up now).  Let's wait and see if Pratt might just be the one to liberate Sharon.  Maybe?  Chin up Gigi, hang in there, and let's all enjoy watching Sharon trash the cottage, and cheer her on while she's flexing HER fists of fury.  It  will be cathartic for all us I believe.  : )

Well, unfortunately I just don't think it makes a difference. For years Sharon wasn't involved with the Newmans (when she was married to Jack and Nick was with Phyllis) and the writers still put her down. The writing had Phyllis tormenting, mocking and ridiculing her every other month in that rag Restless Style. The Sharon dumping has been on going since the end of Shick, so I have no optimism right now that Chuck Pratt "loves Sharon". I feel he loves to beat her down just like the other HWs have. Yes, it's early in his tenure, but this trial could have gone so differently IF he really wanted it to. I dunno, just can't get behind the show right now and think I break is in order for me. I think someone upthread(?) posted this storyline isn't entertaining, but infuriating. since I'm pretty much only watching for Sharon, it's not good for my health, so I'll keep up with this board to see if it's ever safe again to watch. So y'all keep up the insightful discourse - I'll be counting on it! ;)

Well it's a slap in the face that Sage and Smelly were nominated. I would be really offended.

Lol. That Kelly Sullivan even submitted her name for "Supporting" is a joke. Apparently, any actor can submit their names for the pre-nom list even if they have only been on 2 episodes. Ridiculous. At least Cady McClain has had significant story for most of last year, unlike Kelly. Wow, just smacks of ego on KS. Now in fairness, I don't know the woman, but I know she's pals with MS, which taints her right there for me. Sage is a grinning bore anwyay. Next!

Yup, that's how I felt, mixed with stunned disbelief that they pulled the rug out from under Sharon (and us) again! SC and AAL's scenes made me cry a little. They were that good. Based on just that scene, they ARE the two best actresses on the show. Beautiful work.

Well hello Chuck Pratt! 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/young-restless-new-ep-previews-770427

Promo for the upcoming disaster storyline. Looks intense!! 

Don't really care. Don't trust Pratt already. If he could take AMC down, it can happen to Y&R. Worse yet, the Sharon Dumping will likely continue I fear, no matter what else he brings to the Y&R canvas. That's what 8 years of disappointment has led to: no trust in any HW. From LML through to present day, one let down after another for Sharon. That's just me though.

Edited by Gigi
  • Love 10

I dunno, just can't get behind the show right now and think I break is in order for me. I think someone upthread(?) posted this storyline isn't entertaining, but infuriating. since I'm pretty much only watching for Sharon, it's not good for my health, so I'll keep up with this board to see if it's ever safe again to watch. So y'all keep up the insightful discourse - I'll be counting on it! ;)

; )

• Love 1

I may need to take a break from this show. It's become unwatchable

I dunno, just can't get behind the show right now and think I break is in order for me. I think someone upthread(?) posted this storyline isn't entertaining, but infuriating. since I'm pretty much only watching for Sharon, it's not good for my health, so I'll keep up with this board to see if it's ever safe again to watch. So y'all keep up the insightful discourse - I'll be counting on it! ;).

I feel for you, Gigi, and only you can make this decision.  I have made it before, and wouldn't change it.  The obvious shit writing with the custody hearing was contrived and enough to make anyone sick.  I quit watching when Delia was killed and kept up with the boards - I quit again when BM and MM left and didn't even keep up with the boards too much for a while.  You really can get sick from watching something that upsets you to the point that you just can't deal with it.  Watching horror movies and anything grossly violent does that to me, and this show is getting there.  There is enough bad stuff in the real world and I don't watch TV so I can be upset.  I watched the previews of the disaster coming and I may check out during that time, too.  There are people here who will watch and this board is actually better than watching a lot of the time.  You can tell when it's healthy for you to come back.  This board and your friends will be here during the time you are away, and you can always private message a friend to vent.  Have a calm and peaceful vacation.  

• Love 6

I'm not going to watch at all. Just reading about it was making me angry so I'm not going to put myself through that. I'm taking another break from this show. I lasted two months at least and I got to see JH as Adam which is one of the reasons I came back. He did not disappoint and was even better than I thought he would be. I'm going to miss all the funny and snarky comments from all you extremely talented and clever posters. I'll check in on the boards to see what Pratt's disaster is going to be and see who gets killed off. Or maybe I'll just look at the soap opera mags when I'm in line at the supermarket. I just can't with this show anymore. Don't even want to read about it.

I think someone upthread(?) posted this storyline isn't entertaining, but infuriating. since I'm pretty much only watching for Sharon, it's not good for my health, so I'll keep up with this board to see if it's ever safe again to watch. So y'all keep up the insightful discourse - I'll be counting on it! ;)

I think that was me, I said the show wasn't entertaining or interesting and it was pissing me off. If I'm not enjoying a show there is no point in watching. That's where I'm at right now. If I thought that this was leading to Nick,  Granpire and/or Summer to a well deserved downfall then I would keep watching. I don't see that though and don't want to see good, decent people having horrible things happen to them for no other reason than they are unfortunate enough to have sadistic assholes in their lives. I can't believe TPTB think the audience wants to see that. Just shows how out of touch they are.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 6

Today was the episode I have been waiting for!  Neil gets his vision back and the first thing he sees is his son boinking his wife!  Fantastic, and it was thanks to Cane who actually set it up.  Cane couldn't have known that Neil's sight would come back at that moment.  I have never liked Cane until today.

• Love 8

Thanks Movinon. :) Like your moniker, that's what I'll be doing. As DR said above, there is so much sick cruelty in the real world (I watch a fair amount of local and international news), no need to subject myself to it from a Soap Opera too. That's not entertainment to me. Maybe things will change, maybe not. Guess I'll see. I'll still comment on the board though, so happy post'n!

Edited because now that I'm calmer, I can see my typos clearly! Hate that. :\

Edited by Gigi
  • Love 5