Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, bannana said:

The girls are now at Chancellor Park dragging JT to what looks to be an actual grave.  They  didn't have to dig a hole at all. 

This is just a great way to honor Mrs. Chancellor. Throw her grandson-in-law's body into a hole in her park. Ghost Kay should've said, "Dear God in Heaven. Get this vile boy out of my park. He was abusing my granddaughter for heaven's sake!" while waving around her bejeweled hands. 

• Love 17

I can’t believe I just spent forty minutes watching four grown ass women discuss the disposal of a corpse. I don’t really get what the tone was supposed to be? Was I supposed to find Phyllis snarking on Sharon’s ideas funny? What is Mal aspiring to here? This is a long time character and the father of three children, and his body is treated like a prop in a Carrot Top routine. 

Oh, and Devon and Hilary acted like assholes, but don’t worry, kids. Neil is here with his smooth patter and ankle deep wisdom. Let the platitudes fly!

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I can’t believe I just spent forty minutes watching four grown ass women discuss the disposal of a corpse. I don’t really get what the tone was supposed to be? Was I supposed to find Phyllis snarking on Sharon’s ideas funny? What is Mal aspiring to here? This is a long time character and the father of three children, and his body is treated like a prop in a Carrot Top routine. 

Oh, and Devon and Hilary acted like assholes, but don’t worry, kids. Neil is here with his smooth patter and ankle deep wisdom. Let the platitudes fly!

They really overplayed the whole discussion and I think they were going for humour but it just annoyed the hell out of me.

• Love 9

Hilary thinking she's pregnant but not sure? Devon doing the usual 'You suck!' and both taking snaps at each other? 

Where's Kyle because the story is primed for him to treat a bruised ego Hilary to a good humping and THEN she finds out she's preggers for real and not know who the daddy is and not want it to be Kyle's so she can have Devon on the hook. Hopefully the story will include Kyle wanting not only to be a father if he is the father but also show Hilary that someone appreciates her Bitchlary ways and that she can drop Devon.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

This!!!

There is an actual crime here in Canada: “Committing an Indignity to a Human Body” that is completely separate from killing. 

This Girls Dark Comedy Sketch (is it even dark?) is vile. This is not Weekend at Bernie’s where the audience has a certain expectation. It’s a daytime soap. And it’s Y&R. Ugh. Even when Adam “got rid of” of Jack’s dead prostitute we were spared the sight of him yanking and dragging and dumping her body. And she was a day player. We KNOW JT. We watched him grow up from bratty teen to good man. He is a father to THREE LEGACY CHILDREN.

But above all he’s a human being. I find this gross and won’t watch this episode. 

• Love 13

I haven't watch much of this...just kept up via this Board.  Do we know for sure that JT is truly dead?  What would be the best conclusion to this "story" is that they go back upstairs to dispose of the corpse and it is gone.  He just got up and shuffled away...that could bring months and (during the Bill Bell years) or years of wondering when JT will pop up.  Sorry if someone has already suggested this...I missed a few posts.

It is just that in my area, Y&R comes on  at 4:00, the same time as Nicole Wallace's show comes on MSNBC.  Lately, her show has been livlier.

Sorry...meant my above post for the "regular" thread, not the Spoiler.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, bannana said:

She says she is sorry about all of this but he is in part responsible for stealing the drive from Prick. 

reason number billion that I don't like cricket.  Her inimitable sense of righteousness when she is totally fucking wrong.  She's up there with Prick and his reasoning ("for the fambly...") when she accuses, to the brink of indictment/incarceration, an innocent person.  After all, she did it in the name of justice for all (others).  Then she lays the blame on her victim!!  Way to go, Nancy Droop.  And just a bit more rant:  stealing a drive is a lot less of an offense than attempted murder.  He shouldn't have been incarcerated and handcuffed to the point of injury for that.  Where's his fucking lawyer and bail?  Oh, right.....Michael.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, bannana said:

Drinki explains that landscapers had done some work preparing for the garden.  She says it is lightly packed dirt, and that they would be able to dig it up easily and go deep enough that he won't be found.  And then they cover him up with the dirt and no one will be the wiser.  Then the landscapers would plant the flowers and no one would know.  Sharon says it will be a quiet resting place.  Vic agrees.  Phyllis says it is not going to be easy getting JT out of there.  Later we get a scene of Drinki and Vic carrying a rug down the hall.  Apparently it was in the attic so no one will notice it is missing.  Vic says it will look they are  moving a rug not a body.

This is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. It's insulting. What the actual FUCK is the matter with Mal Young? What is this, Weekend at Bernie's? Hey! Maybe they can rent a convertible, put the roof down, wrangle JT's dead body into the back seat, sit him up, put some sunglasses on him and a scarf around his neck, everyone hop in and off they go, cruising down Main Street since it is Spring Break and all. Whoohoo! Good times.

Way to take an overall well thought out drama that the actors have been acting the hell out of and totally pervert it, Mal! You dumb schmuck.

I'm going rage blind.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is the fact that Mal was writing a story of domestic abuse, which is no laughing matter whatsoever. To have the story come to a logical culmination, in which one of participants is killed - sadly, a very real outcome or possible outcome in any of these situations in reality - and then take a turn into the dark comedy realm is jarringly out of place and in odious bad taste. Mal should learn to stay in his lane. He's got to stick with what he's paid to do here on this show and in this particular storyline. He's not Hitchcock or Donen. This storyline was not appropriate to inject a bit of the caper-style mystery elements, such as in The Trouble With Harry, or Charade. This would be like trying to turn Something About Amelia, which dealt with incest into Little Orphan Annie, or The Burning Bed, based on true events into some slapstick comedy. And Mal needs to be told that he's definitely not Hitch and his scriptwriters, especially the dialogue writers, can't create the kind of lines that can inject a bit of wry humor via a well chosen turn of phrase by a deft actor (like the wonderful Thelma Ritter or Jimmy Stewart). Just write for the soap you're paid to, Mal, and please do us all a favor and not try to pretend to be something you're clearly not.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

reason number billion that I don't like cricket.  Her inimitable sense of righteousness when she is totally fucking wrong.  She's up there with Prick and his reasoning ("for the fambly...") when she accuses, to the brink of indictment/incarceration, an innocent person.  After all, she did it in the name of justice for all (others).  Then she lays the blame on her victim!!  Way to go, Nancy Droop.  And just a bit more rant:  stealing a drive is a lot less of an offense than attempted murder.  He shouldn't have been incarcerated and handcuffed to the point of injury for that.  Where's his fucking lawyer and bail?  Oh, right.....Michael.

Oh, I'm there with you! Ms Weimaraner Stary Eyes is insufferable--the uber-convenient bureaucrat when it suits her. Nancy Droop indeed!

Mind you, PB owned that scene--might have been the best part of the episode--take your ice-pack and put it back where it was...

1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Way to take an overall well thought out drama that the actors have been acting the hell out of and totally pervert it, Mal! You dumb schmuck.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is the fact that Mal was writing a story of domestic abuse, which is no laughing matter whatsoever. To have the story come to a logical culmination, in which one of participants is killed - sadly, a very real outcome or possible outcome in any of these situations in reality - and then take a turn into the dark comedy realm is jarringly out of place and in odious bad taste. Mal should learn to stay in his lane. He's got to stick with what he's paid to do here on this show and in this particular storyline. He's not Hitchcock or Donen. This storyline was not appropriate to inject a bit of the caper-style mystery elements, such as in The Trouble With Harry, or Charade. This would be like trying to turn Something About Amelia, which dealt with incest into Little Orphan Annie, or The Burning Bed, based on true events into some slapstick comedy. And Mal needs to be told that he's definitely not Hitch and his scriptwriters, especially the dialogue writers, can't create the kind of lines that can inject a bit of wry humor via a well chosen turn of phrase by a deft actor (like the wonderful Thelma Ritter or Jimmy Stewart). Just write for the soap you're paid to, Mal, and please do us all a favor and not try to pretend to be something you're clearly not.

Mal has no grasp of tone, among other things, and Hitchcock's wry humour and absence of graphic visuals are way beyond him. RIP Thelma Ritter--to refer to another of her gems, somebody should set "the bloodhounds yappin'" at his ass--and let them catch him. Mmmm, maybe Mal should watch Mr Stewart in Rope a few hundred times... His grasp of satire is also non-existent--Terry Southern, he ain't.

And frankly, I'm so sick of Hilary et al [except for Tessa's crack about being allowed to order a side salad]. Any day when I'm relieved to see Neil is a strange day indeed.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, miamama said:

There is an actual crime here in Canada: “Committing an Indignity to a Human Body” that is completely separate from killing. 

Not to mention that this has uncomfortable parallels to the ongoing serial killer case here (but they wouldn’t know about that in Hell-Ay)...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Not to mention that this has uncomfortable parallels to the ongoing serial killer case here (but they wouldn’t know about that in Hell-Ay)...

Is that the body parts in the planter case?  That one is beyond the realm.....

• Love 5
18 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I can’t believe I just spent forty minutes watching four grown ass women discuss the disposal of a corpse. I don’t really get what the tone was supposed to be? Was I supposed to find Phyllis snarking on Sharon’s ideas funny?

I'm sure SpongeBob & Mr. Crabs did it a hell of a lot better when they thought they killed a health inspector :)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Yep. I was also thinking of the Bernardo case because that is the first time I heard that charge articulated.

I just can't with this. How can Victoria ever look her son in the face? I'm not usually a pearl clutcher. But show goes from having JT sitting at a table at the Walnut Grove reunion (encouraging viewers to remember those days and the show's history FFS) talking to Traci about how Colleen would be so disappointed in him. It was sad and so well done and moments earlier BM made me cry real tears during that sweet speech about her little girl. All I could picture was JT teaching Colleen how to drive his beloved car. AAAAAARGH.

And these four women (Mal tweeted a pic of them at the grave site labelling it Spice Girls or some such shit) drag his body around like he's a piece of trash???? Are we supposed to laugh? Cheer for them? Be sad?

It's ASININE.

Also, JT hit Vicki once before this fatal encounter in the bedroom with the poker. I'm not saying once is okay. But battered women do not customarily kill their abuser after one violent encounter (during a weeks' long relationship), and Mal was all we are doing a service by having a story about domestic violence.

Bullshit.

This rushed story was not about DV. It was more shock garbage for ratings. There was and is nothing responsible about it.

• Love 16

This show is not able to play out a storyline to a satisfying ending.  It's like they build up the drama for months, and then the pay off is a little popgun going "Bang!"

1 hour ago, miamama said:

It was more shock garbage for ratings

Yep, Chucky and Mally destroying legacy characters so they can tweet something stupid.

• Love 9

Okay, I have not watched the show entirely.  But I have good news.  The whole thing was set up that Jack would not be there for the vote.  Ash and Abby were worried.  Billy wanted Phyllis to vote with the Abbotts. Of course, he doesn't know she is disposing of the fire poker and JT's phone.

At the very last minute, Jack arrives and says he will rescind the vote.  This was awesome soap stuff.  Jack is back!!!

Before that, Kyle acted like someone we have never seen.  This is not Kyle Abbott.

Oh, and edgy Phyllis, caved and voted against Jack.  CU next Tuesday.

• Love 12

Plus, Kyle called the judge that was overseeing Jack's release and said that he was calling on Prick's behalf, and since Prick was his biggest contributor, he asked that the judge to delay his release.

Also, before Jack arrived at the last minute, Ash stood up and said she had info that would invalidate Kyle as CEO, and he would be sorry to hear it.

Phyllis voted with Lauren, which I thought was stupid and out of character, but necessary for the drama.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Plus, Kyle called the judge that was overseeing Jack's release and said that he was calling on Prick's behalf, and since Prick was his biggest contributor, he asked that the judge to delay his release

Really, Show? You had to give Jack a son that lives to see how many knives he can sink into his father's back? Wasn't Jack having Buttbiscuit, the worlds worst brother, enough. Apparently not for Mal, so now we have Vyle, who has come back to GC so he can betray and decieve his father too. Why is Jack not allowed to have one family member who is loyal to him? Ugh.

Reason #156 why I am no longer watching this ? storm.

Thank you for doing the bannacaps. ?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Desperately Random said:

Really, Show? You had to give Jack a son that lives to see how many knives he can sink into his father's back? Wasn't Jack having Buttbiscuit, the worlds worst brother, enough. Apparently not for Mal, so now we have Vyle, who has come back to GC so he can betray and decieve his father too. Why is Jack not allowed to have one family member who is loyal to him? Ugh.

I know, right? Adam was effective (to a point because I can't stand the sons hating their fathers soap staple) because Victor is an asshole with many loyal children. One who challenges him was welcome. Plus Adam lived to please daddy. Vyle is just straight up hateful and evil. Yet he is Jack's only child (Keemo does not exist it is clear). Kyle is also the ONLY living Abbott grandchild not related to the Newmans. So show has to have him conspiring with Victor to fuck over Jack.

Anyways I did watch that scene @bannana described when Jack came into the office and threw the POS out of his chair. It was sweet.

• Love 15

Oddly, it's a new day in GC.  So we didn't get to see the immediate fallout from Jack's arrival at the Board meeting.  Not fair.

Jack arrives at Jabot looking fabulous and self-assured and Vyle  (thank you @Desperately Random) welcomes him back to his triumphant return as CEO.  Jack corrects him and says his triumphant return was yesterday, when he shut down his attempted coup. Vyle says he is happy that Jack is back and wants to help him get caught up and Jack says he has that covered.  Vyle says, are you sure?, and Jack replies, VERY! and slams the door in his face. Hah!

Victoria is in a very crowded elevator going to work at NE, and she is reliving JT's abuse, the bonk to his head and the gardening that followed.  She looks really messed up.

At HWG, Lily is packing up Hilary's desk because Neil said yesterday he didn't want her to be working out of their offices.  Devon says it is not a done deal, and Neil arrives and says he is not going to change his mind and doesn't want to discuss that topic.  He wants to discuss the expenditure report.  Lily says Devon did a great job while Neil was away, and Neil agrees, and says he is proud of him, but too much changed while he was gone and things are going to be different now.

Ash and Abby arrive at NE, and ask Vic why she is at work.  They thought she would take some time off, considering the whole her fiancé tried to kill her father thing.  Vic says she is not taking time off, sorry to disappoint.  Abby says they are not trying to start something, they are concerned for her.  Vic acknowledges she has a lot going on, but with JT gone (!!) she has plenty of time to devote to the company in Prick's absence.  Vic looks pale and awful, but she still has that bitchy thing going on.

At CL, Billy asks Nick how Prick is doing, and he replies that he is getting stronger every day.  Nick says he wishes he could say the same for Vic. He says he cannot believe JT could be capable of this.  Billy tells Nick that he thought Vic moving JT in was a bad idea, that they were moving too fast, and that he told Vic that, but she said she had never been this happy in years.  Nick says JT fooled everybody.  Billy says it was good she ended things when she did. Nick asks Billy if he knows why she ended things even before she knew about JT attacking Prick.  He says they are not getting the whole story and he wants to know why.

Jack leaves Glo a voicemail asking her to call him, he is back in the driver's seat and he wants her back at Jabot as his trusted co-pilot.  Vyle walks in and Jack is unimpressed that the new receptionist lets him waltz into Jack's office, saying it is clear where her loyalties lie.  Vyle tells Jack to give her a chance, he brought her from NYC, and she's the best.  He tells Jack to give him a chance too.  He says that Jack has preconceived notions as to why he is back and he would like to clear that up.  WTF?  Jack tells him he is too busy, maybe later.  Jack reconsiders, and says he can squeeze him in.

Abby tells Vic that she needs time to process things, away from work.  Vic, shuffling files as usual, says she is fine.  Ash tells Vic to take care of herself, first and foremost.  Vic says she can do that and take care of her family's business.  Ash says she doesn't want to argue under the circumstances, but tells her if she is determined to come back to work it is not going to be as acting CEO.  Ash says that Prick's memo is clear, she was demoted, and Ash says she has seniority.  Vic says the memo didn't make it to HR so it is invalid.  Until Prick makes his wishes explicitly clear, she will sit behind that desk to let the whole world know that no one and nothing can keep a Newman down.  Oh, Vic, you might want to go visit your counsellor.  Ash says they can just talk to Prick to clear things up, he can communicate now. Vic says they are not going to disturb her father.  Vic says she belongs in this office, end of story.  Drinki arrives and says, good, you are both here, and she asks Abby to leave.  Abby balks, and Drinki tells her it doesn't concern her and to close the door on the way out!  Drinki tells Vic and Ash she has an important announcement about the future of NE.

At HWG, Lily is blah blahing about synergy in action and her trip to NYC, and Neil is impressed.  Hil shows up and snarks about them having an executive meeting and not including her.  Neil says it is a meeting for family and board members only.  She says she may not be, but her maybe baby is his grandchild and heir to HWG.  She says she is looking out for the baby's best interests and she is staying.  And she does.  Neil tells her she has no input into how the company is run.  Hil says she has tons of lucrative ideas, and Neil tells her she should get back to GC Buzz, they don't need her ideas.  And she stomps off.  Lily gloats and tells Neil she loves how he handles Hil.  Neil says they are going to leave their personal feelings outside that door, the company comes first.  He wants the company to be a gold standard of how a family business should be run, and he intends to set the example.  Lily says she is all in, and she leaves.  Neil ask Devon if he is  on board with his vision, calling him junior.  Devon says he is not, he says that Neil has been condescending since he has been back, and that just cause he is his son, it doesn't mean he can tell him how to live his personal life.

Jack and Vyle are having a heart to heart.  Vyle says he laid out the reasons for his issues with Jack when he visited him in jail.  Jack recites these: his resentment long buried over his childhood, his feeling kicked to the curb in favour of Phyllis, his disgust with how Jack treated Ash, his perception of his failures as a CEO, making several ego-fueled decisions.  He asks Vyle if he left anything out.  Vyle says he apologized for piling all that on, and that he tried to convince him that he wants to do right by Jabot.  Vyle says Jack is still skeptical.  No shit.  Jack says they were in a good place when he left for NYC.  And then Vyle returned gunning for him.  Why?

Billy and Nick talk about the girls' night.  Billy says Sharon, Vic and Phyllis bonded, and it has been years since Vic had any friends, so it is a good thing.  Hah!  Nick says Vic needs closure, and answers, and they won't get that until they find JT.  Nick says the manhunt has not turned up anything, and Billy says Paul is on it!

Drinki tells Ash and Vic that Prick gave her explicit instructions as to how NE should be run in his absence.  They each assume it is them, and Drinki says it is neither, it is Drinki herself.  Drinki asks Ash if she can live with it and if she cannot, there is the door.  Ash says that Drinki has not been involved for a long time.  Drinki replies that she is a board member and that she has experience as a CEO.  Ash indicates somewhat tersely that she is on board.  She leaves.  Vic tells Drinki she is not okay with it.  Now see, here is an interesting management case study.  Your new boss is your mother and also killed your fiancé.  What to do when you don't agree about business?

Neil tells Devon he has a lot to learn.  Devon thinks he did a good job while Neil was away.  Neil says he was distracted by the decision to have a baby with Hil.  Devon explains it was a legal agreement, not a relationship, and that he regrets it. If she is not preggers, no problem, and Neil worries about what if she is.  Devon says he is not going to be lectured by his father who has made plenty of  mistakes in his life.  Good point, Devon.

Vyle says the truth is going to hurt.  Jack asks him why he never came to him, why did he go behind his back? Vyle lashes out saying that Jack only ever came to him when he needed his vote as a board member, and says maybe he is more like Dina than he believes.  Jack says he was not the perfect father, but he always wanted Vyle in his life. Vyle says Jack distanced himself both personally and professionally.  He seemed interested in grooming Vyle for the top spot, but that was a long time ago, and he hasn't done anything about it since.  He says that Jack kept him away from home base instead of bringing him into the fold.  Wah, wah, wah!!!  Jack says he thought Vyle was happy being in NYC.  Hey, so did I, Jack.  Vyle blubbers that being away gave him clarity, and he realized that no one is going to look out for him and so he has to do it for himself, he has to fight for what he believes in, even if it means fighting with his father.

Lily and the twinterns are at CL, and Neil arrives, and they are thrilled to see grandpa.  He reports that Sofia is fine.  The twinterns have to go back to school.  He tells them how proud he is of them.  Then he tells her how happy he is about her and Cane, and her career.  He tells her Devon is not on board with his new vision.  Lily says he will come around.  Neil says as long is Hil is in the picture, he is skeptical.  He tells Lily to step back regarding Hil, and to let him handle her.

Devon is at the GCAC and Hil sidles up trying to make nice, suggesting she may have crossed the line earlier.  He asks her if she is ever going to stop screwing things up for him, like with Simone, and now with Neil.  She tries to BS him, and he says it is always all about her, and he stomps out.

Vic says running the company while Prick is unable was a lifeline to her.  She says she wanted to be in charge because she loves NE.  She wanted to prove to Prick that he can trust her again.  Drinki tells her that Prick will forgive her, and this is merely a stopgap measure, so that Ash is not running the family business. She tells Vic that she is not in the right frame of mind to be CEO, citing how she snapped at Ash.  Vic says Ash is like a dog with a bone re the demotion memo.  Drinki says she suffered a terrible trauma, and it will take time for her to get over it.  Vic says her mom suffered that trauma with her, and stopped JT from hurting her and covered it up.  She asks Drinki if she can handle the job.  Oh Vic, don't you know your mom is a pro at offing people?  Drinki says she can handle it, and will be as strong as she needs to be for both of them.

Jack asks Vyle why he turned to Prick of all people for an ally.  Vyle says all that Prick did was offer some free advice.  Jack says, manipulation disguised as advice.  Vyle says Jack is second-guessing him, just as he did when he wanted to take Jabot public.  Jack says he made that mistake before, and he will not do it again, because they could lose the family company.  Vyle says it is doesn't feel like a family company the way Jack has been running it.  Jack says he will remedy that.  Vyle says he hopes Jack keeps his word.  Jack has a meeting to go to , and tells Vyle he is glad that they had this talk.  Vyle says, me too.  Jack leaves.  Vyle calls someone and tells them to come to Jabot right away.

At Jabot, Ash is updating Abby on the change in leadership at NE.  Billy shows up and Ash asks if Vyle called him as well.  Vyle opens the door to Jack's office and says good, they are here, saying they are just in time.

Nick is at NE with Vic and wants to know what went down with her and JT and where he might be.

At the GCAC, Hil corners Neil to apologize, citing hormones.  She wants them to have a civil and professional relationship.  He says that she is good, but this act is not going to work on him and he will be watching her every move, if she hurts anyone he loves she can kiss her job goodbye.  Okay, that was kind of creepy, since the guy did kidnap her and hold her in a boathouse almost killing her.  Tell me why again she didn't press charges or file a civil suit?  Hil looks concerned.

Jack arrives back at his office to find a cocktail party organized by Vyle in Jack's honour. The Abbotts sans Tracy are there, as well as other Jabot employees.  So many extras today!   Vyle makes a speech talking about what they have in common, the love for this company and this family, and he toasts Jack and the future.  And Jack looks uncomfortable.

At HWG, Neil is working and Devon joins him, saying he comes in peace.  Devon says he went for a walk in Chancellor park, where he can always feel Katherine's spirit.  Did you feel anyone else's spirit while you were there today, Devon?  He apologizes for walking out on him.  He says has his own doubts about his decisions, and that he kept it a secret because he knew how he would react to it.  Neil says he should have been more sensitive.  Devon says he blindsided Neil.  With a maybe baby on the way, Neil says he will support Devon.  And that he doesn't want Devon to feel he is putting him down, they are equal partners.  He knows Devon put up the capital to make it happen, and Devon says Neil has helped to make it a success.  They make up.

Jack thanks Vyle for the speech, and Vyle says it was a 10 on sincerity, an 11 in fact.  He says it is about moving forward, and that was the point of the speech.  He says he wants to start over in GC.  Vyle reminds Jack of a compass that he gave him from John, and that it would help him know his true north.  Vyle says working side by side with him at Jabot is his true north.  Jack says they will give it a shot.  Vyle says:  you won't regret this, pop.  Across the room, Abby tells Ash she cannot believe Vyle tried to stab Jack in the back and is now throwing him a party.  Ash says what matters is that Jack is back and he will keep Vyle on a tight leash.  Abby says they were close to revealing the true paternity.  Ash says that now that order has been restored, the secret has to remain buried for the sake of the family and the company, nobody can ever find out.  Now Billy is telling Jack that that was quite the performance.  Jack admits he didn't believe a word of it.  He still believes that Prick has gotten to Vyle and turned him against him.  Billy asks if he will fire him, or send him back to NY.  Jack says he cannot walk away from his son, and he wants to repair the damage that was done. To do that he has to keep him close and give him a chance to prove his loyalty.  Jack tells Billy he could use some help.  Jack says he has decided to put family back into the family company.  He invites Billy to join Jabot, and Billy says yes and they toast.

At NE, Vic tells Nick that she has told him everything about her break-up.  She says she was humiliated and that she is a fool.  Nick thinks there must be some small detail that can help them track down JT.  She says she just wants to get on with her life and take care of her children.  She says Reed is furious.  Nick asks if Reed knows about JT attacking Prick.  Wait, how could he not, isn't it in the news, and has been for a couple of days?  Vic says Drinki told him and he is crushed.  Nick is furious that JT is getting off scot-free leaving her to deal with all this.  Nick wants to know if there was a clue from JT as to where he might be.  She says let the police handle it.  Paul is on it!  Nick is skeptical because of JT's relationship with Paul.  He says that JT was able to disappear without a trace.  She says what does it  matter, he is gone.  He says JT needs to be punished and if the police can't find him, he will do it himself, and Vic looks overwhelmed.

• Love 15

Another thorough and marvellous recap! Thanks @bannana

49 minutes ago, bannana said:

He says that Jack kept him away from home base instead of bringing him into the fold.  Wah, wah, wah!!!  Jack says he thought Vyle was happy being in NYC.  Hey, so did I, Jack.  Vyle blubbers that being away gave him clarity, and he realized that no one is going to look out for him and so he has to do it for himself, he has to fight for what he believes in, even if it means fighting with his father.

This makes no sense. Mal is ridiculous. He just throws out lines that address the problem with his writing -- such as why did Kyle suddenly turn on Jack like this -- and then offers a completely idiotic explanation. Kyle was an adult when he was living at Jack's house and in a perfectly good, cordial relationship with Jack. Then he left for a bit, came back as a gnome and hung out at Summer's, though he sometimes lived at the Abbott mansion. He loved and adored Jack and vice versa. Then this grown man chose to leave GC by saying eww I am NOT selling make up. 

Now he says Daddy didn't love him and need him in the last couple of years. huh? Can you imagine such a thing in your TWENTIES? lmao. You move to NYC as an adult and live it up on your family's dime and then whine that your dad spent more time with his wife than you? (Gee Kyle when Jack's wife and brother were fucking did you think maybe HE might need your support?) And then you come back home and taunt him and openly try to topple him while he is vulnerable and stuck in a jail cell? And you do this in cahoots with his sworn enemy?

oh boy Mal's world keeps getting more and more stupid.

• Love 17
48 minutes ago, bannana said:

Jack arrives at Jabot looking fabulous and self-assured and Vyle  (thank you @Desperately Random) welcomes him back to his triumphant return as CEO

Thanks bannana but I'm pretty sure a much more clever prevert came up with Vyle. 

Awesome recap as usual.

51 minutes ago, bannana said:

Jack tells Billy he could use some help.  Jack says he has decided to put family back into the family company.  He invites Billy to join Jabot, and Billy says yes and they toast.

And the redemption arc of Buttbiscuit is complete! So all is forgiven and Buttbiscuit ends up losing nothing for cheating with Jack's wife and trying to steal from Jabot by using Dina's password. I think NotBilly has become more teflon proof than Victor. I miss the soaps that had characters actually pay for their bad behavior. It was much more interesting and satisfying to watch than  seeing Turds and Buttbiscuits rewarded for all the misery they cause. 

So JT really is dead. Is Zapato still around? Maybe he'll be the one to dig JT up.

• Love 10

I hope Jack is being as fake with Buttbiscuit as he is with Vyle. Or maybe he just needs some extra storage and can’t afford to lose his brother’s spacious nasal real estate. Nice effort at gaslighting by Vyle, but his list of grievances against his father prove he’s so full of shit that he could be sold as a poop piñata. 

If they could stop having Neil saying stuff about handling Hil or keeping an eye on her, that would be great. 

1 hour ago, bannana said:

Devon says he went for a walk in Chancellor park, where he can always feel Katherine's spirit.  Did you feel anyone else's spirit while you were there today, Devon? 

That’s gold, people.

I could watch Jack shutting the door in Vyle’s face on a loop. I only wish Nikki had given Abby the same treatment. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, bannana said:

At the GCAC, Hil corners Neil to apologize, citing hormones.  She wants them to have a civil and professional relationship.  He says that she is good, but this act is not going to work on him and he will be watching her every move, if she hurts anyone he loves she can kiss her job goodbye.  Okay, that was kind of creepy, since the guy did kidnap her and hold her in a boathouse almost killing her.  Tell me why again she didn't press charges or file a civil suit?  Hil looks concerned.

Speaking of this storyline, has it ever been revealed that Neil had Devon drugged and nearly raped?

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, bannana said:

Wait, what???

Neil paid Collin to throw Devon a bachelor's party to set Devon up. There, Collin drugged Devon and had working girls feel up on him while he was passed out. Collin took a picture and sent it to Neil. Neil would go on to use that photo as proof of Devon's cheating to break him and Hilary up (while they was near a cliff, no less). Now Devon was only felt up on, nothing further, but considering the vulnerable position he was in, those women could have used the opportunity to have a billionaire's baby.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Desperately Random said:

And the redemption arc of Buttbiscuit is complete! So all is forgiven and Buttbiscuit ends up losing nothing for cheating with Jack's wife and trying to steal from Jabot by using Dina's password. I think NotBilly has become more teflon proof than Victor. I miss the soaps that had characters actually pay for their bad behavior. It was much more interesting and satisfying to watch than  seeing Turds and Buttbiscuits rewarded for all the misery they cause. 

Billy is not only forgiven for all, he’s a positively loyal good guy. Kyle should have come home gunning for Billy and Phyllis. Instead it’s Jack and Billy vs Kyle? WTF?

Kyle ought to laugh in Billy’s face when he says anything about family loyalty. And since he’s the Abbott truth teller he should rip into Philly *and* Ashley for their treatment of Jack.

None of this makes sense. But as we’ve established Mal does not care. 

• Love 12

It's a new day in GC.  And it appears to be the evening so who knows what happened during the day.

Drinki is in Prick's hospital room giving him a hard time for checking himself out.  He says he will have a doctor at the house.  He asks her about JT and she says the cops are looking for him.  Helen shows up, and Prick squeaks out: Helen.

Sharon and Phyllis are at CL fretting about Nick's determination to find JT.  Phyllis wants Sharon to distract him.  There's a lot of snarky banter between them but I am not interested in typing all that out, because it is annoying and stupid. I am so sick of Phyllis.  Sharon gets a text from Nick asking to meet at Chancellor park.

At the Abbott manse, Ash and Abby are asking about Vyle, and Jack says he was on his best behaviour, but he is not buying his act.  Ash says she and Jack always put Jabot first even when they were on the outs. Abby points out that Vyle is not just going against Jabot, he is for Prick.  Abby points out that she is there for Prick, but he sides with Vyle.  Ash says that is because Abby won't betray the Abbotts and Jack agrees that Vyle is an Abbott in name only.  The doorbell rings, meanwhile Abby says she is nervous for Vyle because he thinks he is working with Prick, but she doesn't think Prick sees it that way.  Vyle is at the door, and he says, any more room at the inn for an Abbott? 

Lane are at the GCAC having dinner. They talk about her work and how excited she is.  They talk about doing it in the coatroom.  What is with these people?  They dance instead.

Back at the hospital, Drinki snarkily says that Prick likes to make an entrance and an exit, having his friend Helen drive him home, but she thought he might choose someone more discreet.  Prick says the two women met at the police station.  Helen says that was after she was accused of turning off his ventilator.  Drinki says Nick alerted the cops about the mystery woman, and Paul told Drinki that Helen is Prick's mistress and that now Nick knows too.  Helen says that Prick let her know that he could hear her and that her visits would make a difference.  Drinki is positively scathing during this conversation.  Then Prick says he heard Drinki too, and asks her where she was the night he was attacked.  Drinki haughtily says that she regrets that she wasn't by Prick's side right after he was injured, but he had Ashley, his ex, and Julia, his first wife, and of course his new friend Helen.  He wants the name of the man Drinki was with and she says that is not in the spirit of their agreement.  She says it was not Jack, and tells Helen that Prick gets very jealous over Jack, and it's endearing, sometimes.  Drinki tells Helen if Prick wants her to drive him home he is just making his point. He's annoyed that she wasn't at home making him a get well quilt.  Hah!  She says to Prick that they made the agreement for a reason.  Prick says that she told Helen that she is the love of his life, and Drinki says that is because it is true.  She tells Helen if the bond between Drinki and Prick confuses her, then she has been kidding himself.  Prick says it is time to go, and Helen helps him out of bed, and Prick tells Drinki they will see her at home.

The Abbotts discuss Vyle moving in. He tells Jack that Ash and Abby didn't want him to when he was locked up.  Jack wonders whether it is the right place for a young man with an active social life.  Vyle blathers on about family, and says that he hasn't always been a part of the family, they should make up for lost time.  Dina walks in and says she votes yes.

Sharon is freaking out about Nick's text and about going to the garden at the park.  More snarky banter.  Phyllis reveals that she ditched JT's phone at the airport, and there is no way Nick could know about the grave.  Sharon worries that maybe one of them left evidence.  Phyllis worries that Sharon is going to break, calling her the weakest link.

Dina talks with Vyle and asks him to tell her more about himself.  In the dining room, Jack, Ash and Abby talk about Vyle and his agenda.  Or Prick's agenda.  Ash says it's not a good idea to have him live there.  Jack talks about how horribly Prick treated Adam and he is not going to do that to his own son.  He says Vyle is family, he is his family.  He talks about how things are now with Billy, and with Ash, and she replies they are still a work in progress.  Jack thinks if they are under one roof it will be tough to keep up the resentment.  Jack says he wants him to move in, but it is also up to Ash.  She yields but says she reserves the right to change her mind.

Sharon meets Nick at JT's grave.  He says there is something about being in the park at night, it is like it has a secret, something it wants to say.  Sharon is freaking out and asks him what he wants to tell her.  He says he wants to plant a community vegetable garden.  She is relieved, but says that it would make more sense to be closer to the New Hope project.  He says he likes the visibility of it in the centre of town.  She says they should talk about it, but not there.

Dina is chatting with Vyle in the living room.  She says she cannot understand why they haven't met, she knows every handsome face at the Club. He says that his family has been a member of the Club forever but he has been away in NYC.  She says, how exciting, and wonders if he finds it very boring being back in GC.  He tells her how he bests the ego driven club members at golf, and then he has a pocketful of cash to take out the ladies.  Dina is delighted.  The Abbotts are listening in and Jack says it doesn't matter what Vyle says, he put a smile on Dina's face.  They walk in and Jack tells Vyle to pack his bags, he has a room for him over the pool.  Vyle says his bags are in the car.  Dina chortles and says, this one is so cocky, she just adores it.  Ash sighs, we know.  Jack and Vyle shake on it, and his father tells him it will be like this with Dina, a lot of repeated stories.  Abby gets a text that her father is going home.  Jack wonders when Prick will text him and thank him for saving his life.  Ash says he will have to wait a while, and he replies that maybe he can do something about that wait time, and goes to leave.  Charlie is at the door as Jack leaves, and tells Abby he is there to get the last of the memory cards for Dina's video.  Ash and Abby look uncomfortable and Vyle notices.

Drinki tells Helen she can take it from here, but Helen replies that Prick asked her to stay for dinner, and Prick confirms that he wants her there.  Drinki says: where are my manners, can I offer you something to drink?  She quickly texts Arturo but he is working late, so she turns back to Prick and Helen and says, dinner for three it is, won't that be nice!

Lane are at JT's grave talking about how Katharine would have loved the garden.  They start talking about JT and his break up with Vic, and the convo Cane had with him.  He asked JT if he was cheating on Vic, because why else would they have broken up.  Lily says trying to kill your fiancé's father might be a good reason.  They talk about their own reconciliation, and then they wonder what's going to happen to JT and Lily says sometimes the universe sorts things out.

At CL, Sharon and Nick arrive, and Phyllis is acting weird, so Nick says it looks like she was waiting for Sharon.  She says she is just being nosy about the text Sharon received.  She tells her about the garden and Phyllis goes on about how noble Nick is and that is just like him, and she lays it on thick.  He wants to know what her point is and she says he should give up on finding JT and leave it to the cops. Nick asks if the three of them talked about this because both of them and Vic had said the same to Nick, to leave it alone.  Nick says JT tried to murder his dad.  Phyllis says JT is a security expert and has probably left the country, and tells Nick he would be wasting his time on a hopeless cause.  Ah, Phyllis, it appears you are the weakest link.  Later, Sharon makes up a bag of goodies for them to share with the kids when they get home.  Nick says he is going to swing by the police station to see if Paul has any leads.  Phyllis badgers him about standing over Paul's shoulder, and says he wasn't there that night, he has no idea what went down.  Sharon nervously interjects, and says a party, not a very good one, but just a party.  Phyllis carries on about what a slimeball JT is, and Vic married him and had a kid with him, and he tried to murder her father.  She says Vic has to live with that, and if he hunts JT down and brings him to trial, it will be an ordeal for her.  She asks him to let it go for Vic's sake.  She says she guarantees that Vic wants to forget that JT ever existed.  Nick looks constipated, and he leaves.  Sharon is stressed, but Phyllis is still on her saying she did her part now it is Sharon's turn.  OMG, someone plant Phyllis in a cactus field.

Back with the Abbotts, Abby is giving the memory cards to Charlie, and Ash says she wants to review them one more time, and Vyle is paying attention.  Abby says it is okay, Charlie can take them.  He leaves, and Vyle leaves the room.  Abby tells Ash not to worry she still has the memory card that has Dina talking about Jack's paternity.  Ash says they should start a fire and burn it.

Jack arrives at the Ranch, just as Helen is telling Prick she is going home.  Jack is surprised to see Helen.  Prick says she is his guest.  Jack asks Helen who hired her to spy on him.  Drinki says Jack is going to feel silly, that Helen is Prick's special guest, his lover.  She says: yes, Jack, your lead chemist and Prick are friends with surprising benefits.  Angry, Jack asks Helen if that is why she came to town, to spy on him for Prick.  She replies they met after she started at Jabot.  He tells her he cannot trust her judgment or her loyalty, and that when she comes to work tomorrow he will terminate her contract.  She says:  what?  Prick tells Helen he will make things right for her, and she leaves.  Jack says Prick has real class bringing his mistress into his home, and Drinki says it is not like she doesn't have her own special friends.  Jack says: an open marriage, how cosmopolitan of you.  Drinki says they are partners, and Jack looks perplexed.  Prick asks him what he wants and he says he thought he would borrow a cup of sugar and get Prick's undying thanks, while he was at it.

At home, Sharon and Nick are having a glass of wine.  Nick says maybe Phyllis is right, and he should leave it alone re JT.  He cannot believe JT left Prick laying there, even it were an accident.  He wonders how JT had them all fooled for so long. Later they eat ice cream and watch It Happened One Night all cozy on the couch.

Lane are still blathering on in the park about JT.  They discuss what JT said to Cane about choosing to believe what they hear about him.  They discuss whether Prick is lying, and then Cane wonders why JT would leave town if he was innocent.

Abby throws the memory card in the fire just as Vyle walks in and he wonders about setting a fire on a warm spring night.  Ash and Abby cover and Abby rushes him to the kitchen for dessert.

Prick says he doesn't owe Jack anything.  Jack sarcastically says he would have done the same thing for him, right.  Instead of getting a gift basket from Prick, he gets sent to jail.  Prick asks why, and Jack explains that while he was waiting for the EMTs, he took the liberty of stealing his drive, because Vyle had been acting strange.  He tells them he found countless emails between Prick and Vyle and asks him what he wants from his son.  Jack tells Drinki this has been going for a while, since the fall when he and Drinki were together, and he accuses Prick of going after his son because he was with his wife.  He tells Drinki about Vyle's plot to take Jabot public.  Drinki says now is not  the time for this discussion. Prick squeaks out that Jack is just a fool.  Jack says Prick is infirm and needs rest, but forcefully warns him he will fight him if he comes after his company, but he will destroy him if he comes after his son, saying Vyle is and will always be an Abbott.  Prick mutters unintelligibly and Jack leaves saying goodnight to Drinki.

Vyle comes down to the living room after the fire has gone out and  digs through it and finds the memory card.

Previews for next week:  Vyle is with Prick telling him: they are against me learning about some secret of Dina's.  Drinki is with Arturo and says he deserves better than revenge sex and he says revenge sex is pretty hot. Vic is shrieking at Reed: if your father was here right now...and Reed replies that he is not here, because of her.  Hilary gleefully tells Devon he is going to be a baby daddy.

• Love 18

Wow, that was a fast recovery from a stroke.  He was barely croaking out a few words yesterday, and now he's carrying on a conversation with several people?  I hope Jack does terminate Helen.  She's fraternizing with the enemy and should know better.  

• Love 14

Huh? When the vampire is released from the hospital, Helen (who we don’t even know or care about) comes to take him home to the ranch that he shares with his WIFE and his children/grandchildren?  Really, writers? REALLY? 

• Love 12

Ash says it's not a good idea to have him live there.  Jack talks about how horribly Prick treated Adam and he is not going to do that to his own son.

I dunno, Jack. Maybe just this one time, you could borrow an idea from Victor.

OMG, someone plant Phyllis in a cactus field.

Isn’t she already planted in one? I always see her next to this giant prick...

Prick asks him what he wants and he says he thought he would borrow a cup of sugar and get Prick's undying thanks, while he was at it.

He’ll probably just get Victor’s undying spanx instead.

So it appears that Kyle will take his douche game pro and be the massive shitwad who blows up his dad’s Abbott-ness. It is small comfort that Vyle would himself be de-Abbotted. The mobile chunnel known as Billy will be the only adult male Abbott. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Huh? The Previews are back?

It appears only for the next week.

3 hours ago, Diane M said:

Wow, that was a fast recovery from a stroke.  He was barely croaking out a few words yesterday, and now he's carrying on a conversation with several people?  I hope Jack does terminate Helen.  She's fraternizing with the enemy and should know better.  

The scene at the house, Grampire looks very decrepit.  I am sure Helen is interested in all that.  Or, all that money.

20 hours ago, Zevim said:

Neil paid Collin to throw Devon a bachelor's party to set Devon up. There, Collin drugged Devon and had working girls feel up on him while he was passed out. Collin took a picture and sent it to Neil. Neil would go on to use that photo as proof of Devon's cheating to break him and Hilary up (while they was near a cliff, no less). Now Devon was only felt up on, nothing further, but considering the vulnerable position he was in, those women could have used the opportunity to have a billionaire's baby.

I cannot believe that I forgot about this, thank you, @Zevim.  How Neil even gets to talk to Devon, let alone profit off of his billions, is ridiculous.

Edited by bannana
grammar and typos
  • Love 7

Victor should thank Jack for saving his life. Jack could have let him rot on the floor considering the Marco debacle, and Victor would have earned it. If Victor wants to be salty about the theft, he can be, but he’s alive to be salty thanks to the thief. 

• Love 13