Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Yrah, I agree that the conservative excuse doesn't fly. It's a damn double standard. Victor and Nick both have children by three women each and Victor impregnated a fourth who was killed off....then he knocked up Ashley less than six months later.

The other shows may have worked around and downplayed women with kids by multiple dads  (Brooke didn't have Hope and RJ till her kids by Eric were fully grown and men of ATWT were always adopting their wives' children), but they were still allowed to write such stories and they didn't shuffle the kid out the picture.

• Love 4

I said it was conservative, I never said that it wasn't a double standard, because of course it is. I just think as a general rule the writers won't allow the women on the show to have children with multiple men. If they do, those men and/or children are either written off canvas or killed off. Just look at history: 

Nikki has Victoria and Nick with Victor- her baby with Jack died, her son Dylan with Paul is a retconned character.

Sharon has Noah and Faith with Nick- she miscarried Dylan's baby, also Cassie and Mariah's father was only seen briefly before being killed off.

Phyllis- Daniel's bio dad was not around and Danny was offscreen when she was married to Nick and had Summer.

Victoria had Reed with JT and both were written off, she's now raising Johnny (adopted) and Katie with Billy. Reed is back, but not JT.

Lauren had Fenmore with Michael and her other son Scotty is offscreen and barely ever mentioned.

Chelsea had Johnny with Billy- Johnny was adopted by Victoria, Chelsea had Connor with Adam.

IMO, this is not just coincidental, I think the writers made/make a conscious decision to do this with their female characters. I never said it was right, it's just a pattern I've observed over the many years of watching this show.

If Sharon ever has a biological child with Dylan, I would be shocked.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 10

Quick one tonight.

Hilary is pissed Mariah changed the script on her and made her confess in front of everyone. She tries to lunge at Mariah and people step in. Mariah and Hilary start shouting and Neil leads them away with Devon following. Hilary is livid at Mariah and plays dumb with her, but she later admits to Devon that she did in fact trip Mariah. She acts contrite and starts crying and then it's all 'please, let's not talk about this anymore.' Devon says she's evil and he's a fool for being with her. He storms off into the elevator with Hilary shouting after him and Neil holding her back. Devon climbs into the fancy yellow sports car he just won and takes off. He's mad, and blaring the radio, and stepping on the gas while replaying conversation after conversation with Hilary and eventually crashes the car. Like we didn't all see that coming.

Vicky leaves the event early because Johnny has a fever and Billy joins her. Billy reads "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" to Johnny and puts him to bed. The doorbell rings and Victoria answers the door only to find a cop there with Reed. Reed says 'hi, mom.' I miss the old Reed, already. He was cuter.

Phyllis quits Jabot and wishes Jack happiness in the new year. He wishes the same to her. Lauren is happy because now Phyllis can come work for Fenmore full-time. I really hate Phyllis' new hair. It makes her look so washed out and blah. I'm sorry but blonde is not her colour.

Abby is sad because she's supposed to be celebrating her one year anniversary today. People try and cheer her up. She runs into Ravi and introduces him to Victor. Ravi can't believe her mother is Ashley and her father is Victor Newman. Does he not follow the GC Buzz? Ravi is staring longingly at Ashley and Abby tells him to just go for it, thinking that he's staring at Mariah instead. She drags Ravi off to meet Mariah much to his surprise and disappointment. Mariah and Ravi dance but there are no sparks, sadly.

Hilary goes home calling for Devon and collapses into a crying heap.

Nick and Chelsea stop making out. They both agree they got carried away and that their friendship is too important to ruin. Chelsea eventually leaves and Nick watches the countdown with Faith joining him at the last minute.

And that's all I can recall.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ezzylin said:

IMO, this is not just coincidental, I think the writers made/make a conscious decision to do this with their female characters. I never said it was right, it's just a pattern I've observed over the many years of watching this show.

Agreed on all fronts.

Apart from that, I'm all baby drama'd out from Sharon. Eight bloody years of baby drama that started with her manic boinking of Jack, Billy and Nick (and probably would've included Brad had he not been killed off a few months earlier);  all the drama around Faith's identity being discovered; becoming the town pariah for banging and marrying (?) her baby's kidnapper and the countless custody battles from Nick; using Faith to drive a wedge between Nick and Avery after Phick finally ended; all the rubbish with Summer, and now this almost two year long as fuck Sully/Christian reveal. 

The only time she *wasn't* involved in a baby story was when she was the Bride of Dracula, and thank the fucking maker Maria Bell was sacked before she could give birth to  Genoa City's very own Renesmee Cullen. 

Dylan doesn't need another tie to CG. He needs to become Keemo 2.0 and disappeared. B&B fans are aware of how Jack Marone was rarely seen after his sole purpose of reuniting his bio parents was deep-sixed and never referenced again after his father was written out the show? That's the level of non-existence that needs to happen. Sussman and Alden can go full "1984" on this character for all I care.

I write this here not so much for the Preverts, as much as i love you fine people, but for the writers who are skimming  these boards. Someone sure has been reading the B&B thread with some of those lines they've had on the show the past few weeks, so I hope Y&R's got some plants here too. :p The show has taken a well needed course correction in the right direction, but there's a bit of fog to navigate through.

• Love 8

Dylan doesn't need another tie to CG. He needs to become Keemo 2.0 and disappeared. B&B fans are aware of how Jack Marone was rarely seen after his sole purpose of reuniting his bio parents was deep-sixed and never referenced again after his father was written out the show? That's the level of non-existence that needs to happen. Sussman and Alden can go full "1984" on this character for all I care.

I think he'll be mentioned in passing by his "parents" every now and again, just like Daniel is. It'll leave room for the show to have him come back for a little cameo appearance once every few years when SB is passing through LaLa Land or some momentous event on the show involving Nikki or Paul. He might eventually just disappear forever like Keemo whose name is never mentioned on the show any more.

• Love 4
On 12/28/2016 at 8:07 PM, ezzylin said:

I said it was conservative, I never said that it wasn't a double standard, because of course it is. I just think as a general rule the writers won't allow the women on the show to have children with multiple men. If they do, those men and/or children are either written off canvas or killed off. Just look at history: 

Nikki has Victoria and Nick with Victor- her baby with Jack died, her son Dylan with Paul is a retconned character.

Sharon has Noah and Faith with Nick- she miscarried Dylan's baby, also Cassie and Mariah's father was only seen briefly before being killed off.

Phyllis- Daniel's bio dad was not around and Danny was offscreen when she was married to Nick and had Summer.

Victoria had Reed with JT and both were written off, she's now raising Johnny (adopted) and Katie with Billy. Reed is back, but not JT.

Lauren had Fenmore with Michael and her other son Scotty is offscreen and barely ever mentioned.

Chelsea had Johnny with Billy- Johnny was adopted by Victoria, Chelsea had Connor with Adam.

I've also observed it. You're right. Sharon was never going to have a child with Dylan. She's nick's broodmare. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 5

Wow, that was an extravagant wedding. The chandelier, the dress, the tiara/veil so pretty. And the guest list...Victor knew sultans? And who was that blond baby the camera kept focusing on? Ashley was engaged to some random dude? Who was the crazy chick trying to kill Nikki on her wedding day. I didn't know who half the characters were but it was still fun to watch. Nikki had a sister... And the Chinese guy is poisoned and looks to be dying but then we see Victor and Nikki dancing. Did an ambulance come before the dance and we just missed it?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Wow, that was an extravagant wedding. The chandelier, the dress, the tiara/veil so pretty. And the guest list...Victor knew sultans? And who was that blond baby the camera kept focusing on? Ashley was engaged to some random dude? Who was the crazy chick trying to kill Nikki on her wedding day. I didn't know who half the characters were but it was still fun to watch. Nikki had a sister... And the Chinese guy is poisoned and looks to be dying but then we see Victor and Nikki dancing. Did an ambulance come before the dance and we just missed it?

Yes, Nikki's sister, Dr. Casey Reed, was on the show as a character in her own right for a few years.  Wasn't she involved with the Foster brothers?  

• Love 4

I think the baby was Nicholas because he called her Mom I think?  Makes all those adults at the time like Michael, Lauren, Paul, Ashley seem like they should be much older now yes?!  LOL. 

That woman trying to kill Nikki was named Eve and I think she had been involved with Victor and no one else was going to have him....too bad she lost... I loved Julia, she was always the nice one and pined for Victor....surprised the Brooks sisters were still on the show then.  WOW, hello taffeta!  

THAT is how they used to do things on the show, tons of extras and tons of extravagance.  And Danny's sister Gina singing...Kay with her new face lift...

• Love 7

So that was Gina singing! My mom asked who that was and I said I thought it could be Gina...

My mom thought the baby was Victoria. I didn't know she was born out of wedlock. And it was strange Nikki never asked how she was or held her....

And, despite having a facelift, Katherine still looked old...

Also, what happened to Julia?

• Love 1

I didn't watch this show back then so I also have a lot of questions about who these people were. Were the Brooks sisters prominent back then? What's their story? And was that baby Victoria? Did they have a baby before they got married? If anyone knows, please fill us in on who these people were, how they knew/were related to each other, etc. Thanks in advance because this show made no sense to me. It was nice to see Nikki so in love with you know who before she knew what a horrible, violent person he really was. I did have to laugh at Ashley's hair but guess that was right in style back then. Oh, and Lauren's bleached blond top knot. What a hoot that was!

4 hours ago, jewel21 said:

So that was Gina singing! My mom asked who that was and I said I thought it could be Gina...

My mom thought the baby was Victoria. I didn't know she was born out of wedlock. And it was strange Nikki never asked how she was or held her....

I have vague memories of Julia. I remember loving her hair. lol According to google, she married and had a child. In 2002, she reappeared for awhile during the Leanna Love time. LL was a tabloid reporter who wrote a nasty book about Victor called Ruthless. She needs to write an update on his bad deeds. 

• Love 6

I have watched since the first episode but struggle to remember....will fill in what I do....Nikki's sister was a doctor and so was Jill's brother Snapper who was played by David Hasselhoff...he was married to one of the Brooks sisters I think and another one of them was married to a guy played by Eric from the B&B...Leslie played piano and so did he etc....Lori was the bitch and a writer....Jill's father was having an affair with someone and his wife worked for Kay at the mansion...Jill would come over sometimes and began an affair with Kay's hubby Philip and thus Philip Jr was conceived....Kay was a drunk and ended up accidentally killing Philip driving drunk as she was in a rage because he wanted a divorce to marry Jill.  Thus their rivalry.  

Paul's father was a cop and Paul started a detective agency with Steven Ford who was married to Diane the one who came back time and time again.

Paul's sister Patty was married to Jack or Terry Lester who drove her crazier....

Back before they grew up though Nikki was being molested by her father and she decided to run away and Paul went with her or followed her, anyhow they ended up in a commune.   

• Love 7
22 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Yes, the baby was Victoria. She was born when Nikki was married to Kevin Bancroft and Victor basically set up that marriage because he thought Nikki was too young for him and she should be with a younger man. I don't recall that Nikki even knew she was pregnant when she married Kevin or not. The baby was not named for Victor but for Kevin's mother, who I believe lived with them. Now that I reflect on it, Nikki always maintained that the baby was Victor's, which he didn't believe because he said he'd had a vasectomy, so it was assumed she was Kevin's.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Yes, the baby was Victoria. She was born when Nikki was married to Kevin Bancroft and Victor basically set up that marriage because he thought Nikki was too young for him and she should be with a younger man. I don't recall that Nikki even knew she was pregnant when she married Kevin or not. The baby was not named for Victor but for Kevin's mother, who I believe lived with them. Now that I reflect on it, Nikki always maintained that the baby was Victor's, which he didn't believe because he said he'd had a vasectomy, so it was assumed she was Kevin's.

And Victor didn't run right out to the Genoa City One Hour DNA Hut (motto "We Never Close)?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

And, absolutely no one commented on the sheer contrariness of Sharon censuring Mariah about not thinking about the consequences of her actions?

C'mon.

oh well, still doesn't take away the essence of what she said to mariah...

whether one wants to believe it or not, it was true. ***kanyeshrug***

• Love 5

Wait so that blonde baby was Victoria? Wow. I think being held by Liz Foster threw me, I never really thought about Liz as connected to the Newmans but I guess Nikki was her daughter-in-law at one time. I always associate Liz with Katherine/Jill stuff.  Plus, I didn't know Victoria was born before Nikki/Victor's first marriage.

I really think bringing back one of the Foster brothers would be a good way to split Nikki and Victor up. Was it David Hasselhoff that Nikki was with or the other one? Having another Foster on the show would be good for Jill too.

Paul/DD was super handsome back in the day. I was surprised Lauren was around back then, too!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 3

LOL  yeah, vikki was a little blonde girl when victor took her to swiss boarding school at age of 6..

came back as brunette at 16 with ht playing her.

nikki was first married to greg foster...david hasselhoff played dr. snapper foster.

baby vikki was born while nikki was married to kevin bancroft and named after his mother or grandmother...one of them.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Paul/DD was super handsome back in the day. I was surprised Lauren was around back then, too!

I thought he was too. (He looks pretty good now IMHO.)  I watched every now and again back in the day and I loved it when he was married to Lauren.  I am remembering some sort of loft apartment for them?  They were very cute together.  That is one thing that is missing now--where are the cute, fun couples?  Or fun singles for that matter?

• Love 10

Devon is in the hospital after crashing his brand new car. He was in a neighbouring county and had to be airlifted to GC Memorial. Neil and Hilary are already at the hospital when Lily shows up. She's freaking out and is blaming Hilary. Hilary and Neil don't want to hear it.

Mariah is at the GC Buzz trying to contact Hilary when she learns that Devon was in an accident. Mariah goes down to the hospital. Hilary says Mariah is just as much to blame for Devon's accident. Lily yells at Hilary and says none of this would have happened if Hilary hadn't tripped Mariah. Stitch comes out and informs them that Devon is finally out of surgery but he has a very severe concussion. Mariah asks about the GC Buzz and Hilary says she's not leaving her husband's side and tells Mariah to go on the air. 

Mariah leaves and Hilary and Lily ask if they can see Devon. Stitch says they can go in one at the time and Hilary can go first since she's his wife. Lily is pissed and tells Neil Devon wanted to end the marriage after what happened at the Gala.

Mariah goes on air and tells the viewers that Devon was in an accident, and that's all they know at this time, but they will be kept informed and that they will be airing no new content at this time.

Hilary goes to see Devon and cries at his bedside. She begs him to open his eyes and yell at her, etc.

Victor goes to visit Victoria and finds out about Reed. He's pleased.

Nikki finds out from Sharon, who stormed into her house looking for Faith, that Dylan is on assignment.

Noah picks up Faith from school and they have hot chocolate at Crimson Lights. He tells Faith that her living arrangement at the ranch can't be permanent. Faith isn't happy Noah is giving her a lecture. 

Faith gets dropped off by Noah at the ranch and Sharon is still there. Faith asks Sharon if she can go over this afternoon and get some books to bring back to the ranch. Sharon says she doesn't need to ask because the cottage is still her home.

Victor informs Noah and Nikki that Reed is back in town. They are both surprised. Noah leaves and Nikki tells Victor about Dylan being on assignment and her concern for him. Victor tells Nikki to call him.

At the cottage, Sharon says she'll make Faith her favourite snack when a phone starts ringing. Faith finds the ringing phone in a box along with Dylan's wallet and wedding ring. It's Nikki calling. Faith asks Sharon if she and Dylan are getting a divorce.

At the hospital Lily and Neil are with Devon and think he's waking up. Neil goes to get a doctor and Lily calls out to Hilary that Devon's waking up. But then he starts seizing and they start freaking out. Stitch kicks them out of the room while they look on in fear.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 11

I found it odd that Victor said he hadn't seen Reed in years. Even if he didn't see him in person, did he not see any photographs of his grandson over the years? I thought family was important to Grampire.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 9

Thanks, jewel21 for this recap.  Watching this episode must have been physically painful, with all the yelling from Hillary and Lily and all the infernal (literally) mumbling from Victurd.

You're a saint to do the recaps and I mean that.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ezzylin said:

I found it odd that Victor said he hadn't seen Reed in years. Even if he didn't see him in person, did he not see any photographs of his grandson over the years? I thought family was important to Grampire.

Reed was around for Burgess Jenkins, so the Newmans have seen him. That is pretty odd for him to say. At most it has been a year. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Reed was around for Burgess Jenkins, so the Newmans have seen him. That is pretty odd for him to say. At most it has been a year. 

LOL  but that is "real time"...in reel time, it's been almost 6 yrs...reed was only about 9 the last time he was on show and now he's 15...

• Love 3

Valley, Faith asked Sharon if her parents were divorced, and Sharon said, "Not exactly" (IIRC). I also thought this was setting the stage for Sharon's parents, or at least her father, to show up.

I think the new Reed is a cute kid - he reminds me of my 18yo nephew (who is almost a foot and a half taller than me!).

• Love 4

thank you capricasix............

i sure hope you're right and her father shows up in gc.

i wish walt willey really was stonewalling the fans who tweeted him and he does show up as him.

as an actor, you can't wish for anyone better to portray him....walt is an exceptional actor, good looking and still a heart throb who can tempt the ladies of gc with his charm...

• Love 7
15 hours ago, boes said:

Thanks, jewel21 for this recap.  Watching this episode must have been physically painful, with all the yelling from Hillary and Lily and all the infernal (literally) mumbling from Victurd.

You're a saint to do the recaps and I mean that.

Aww, you're welcome, boes. It was a tad painful, heh. I still miss the real Reed, this emo teen version is not making me happy.

• Love 2

Did we ever learn back in the day what exactly happened between Sharon's parents? All I remember is that Sharon's mother was in a wheelchair and tried to take care of her as best as she could. Does anyone else have any other information about her dad? I have a sad feeling that the writers are going to reconstruct Sharon's background. Although if they do it well, it could add some element to this boring person. And for goodness sakes, could they give Sharon a new haircut?!!! That hair makes me nuts with her shaking her head constantly to get the "bangs" out of her face. She's too damn old for that hair in her face all of the time!

• Love 7

They never explained what happened with Sharon's dad. Nick once made a comment about her father abandoning her a few years ago during an argument but that is all we know. They can literally write anything though they need to explain why Doris has been M.I.A all these years. 

• Love 2

So Billy drives a silver SUV and JACK drives a white Euro sportscar? That was not what I was expecting.

I don't buy this Reed story they're trying to tell that he's so out of place in JT's life and didn't fit with new kids. Yet he's fine jumping into the mother who doesn't know him and didn't raise him (a stranger to him) house and her kids he doesn't know compared to the kids he lived with.  It's like they're trying to rewrite the history and make JT bad, when Vicky lost custody for a reason. Her daddy!

Also detest this Faith acting like Victor is her parent more than Sharon. We're supposed to forget he gas lit her and all the other things. If Faith is old enough to choose where she should live, then she should be told what Grandpa has done to her mother.

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I don't buy this Reed story they're trying to tell that he's so out of place in JT's life and didn't fit with new kids. Yet he's fine jumping into the mother who doesn't know him and didn't raise him (a stranger to him) house and her kids he doesn't know compared to the kids he lived with.  It's like they're trying to rewrite the history and make JT bad, when Vicky lost custody for a reason. Her daddy!

I don't buy it either- they did the same thing with Daniel/Danny/Phyllis. When Phyllis lost custody of Daniel he was a toddler and Danny raised him offscreen. Years later when Daniel was SORASed and came back to Genoa City, it was revealed that Danny had left him at boarding school during those years while he toured the world. Danny was made out to be the bad parent so that viewers would forget what an awful mother Phyllis was to Daniel.

• Love 5

I like that the new Reed looks like a real teenager--and not a 25 year old playing a teenager.

That said, RA as Noah looks enough younger than his real age for it to work. I believe Noah being 23-ish even though the actor is 31. And he's so pretty. Almost too pretty.

• Love 7

Today was dull. Here at the highlights.

Victoria is both nervous and happy to have Reed back. She seems more nervous than anything. Reed stops by the B&S offices after registering at GC High. Victoria realizes she no longer knows her son after asking if he was going to join the baseball team and he informs her he hasn't played in three years. Reed is into music now and he and Billy talk about guitars and Billy plays some air guitar for Victoria. Also, it turns out that Reed and JT have been butting heads for awhile and Mack is having a third kid. JT informed Victoria over the phone that Reed is her "problem" until the summer.

Fenmore's did badly during Christmas and Lauren is freaking out. She also appears to have dyed her hair strawberry blonde. Phyllis informs Lauren that she can help her turn sales around and discusses the new app she is designing. Basically, you can view a virtual version of yourself wearing Fenmore's clothes before purchasing. Lauren thinks it's genus. I think it's something American Eagle has already done over 10 years ago. Anyway, Lauren is thankful for Phyllis and that she can help keep her father's legacy going.

Jack, meanwhile, has done some digging and knows Fenmore's sales were crap over the holidays and he wants to move now and take over the company. He discuss this with Ashley.

Ravi tries to hand Ashley a letter of resignation after the whole New Year's Eve kiss but she tears it up and tells him she never considered him resigning over what happened. It was simply too much champagne but perhaps he should avoid kissing co-workers and bosses in the future. He agrees.

Hilary is crying over Devon's bedside. He's still unconscious. Stitch finally convinces Hilary to go home and shower and get some rest and he'll call her if anything changes.

Nikki goes to the station to demand answers from Paul regarding Dylan's whereabouts. Paul isn't happy Dylan even told Nikki and Sharon that he's on a 'mission.' Paul later interrogates Christine as to whether she gave Dylan all the info he needed and that she made sure he understood all the dangers before agreeing to the assignment. She tells Paul Dylan was very well aware of the risks. It's a bit too late to be freaking out now, Paul. Kevin texts Paul that Dylan has arrived at his destination.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Nikki goes to the station to demand answers from Paul regarding Dylan's whereabouts. Paul isn't happy Dylan even told Nikki and Sharon that he's on a 'mission.' Paul later interrogates Christine as to whether she gave Dylan all the info he needed and that she made sure he understood all the dangers before agreeing to the assignment. She tells Paul Dylan was very well aware of the risks. It's a bit too late to be freaking out now, Paul. Kevin texts Paul that Dylan has arrived at his destination.

That's pretty damn rich of Tightpockets to pitch a hissy fit with Chris, considering that it was her who questioned him about the wisdom of his sending Dullan on the mission and it was him who got all pissy with her for questioning him about it.   He's such an asshole.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

....yeah. 

So much for respecting canon, there, writers. 

I can deal with the agonizing slow pace, I can tolerate wholesale flat out lies to move a plot along, but I cannot put up with both. Why demonize JT if he's not being brought back on? Just make up some bullshit about Genoa Latin or whatever the high school is called being the best place for him as JT and family leaves the country and do a genuine story of Reed learning about the side of the family he never knew. It's a thing people go through all the time..  something I'm STILL going through after discovering my paternal half-brother while stationed overseas in Japan of all places and learning things about my own self.

if Sally and Kay are sincere about wanting to make Y&R great again (...sorry, couldn't resist ;) ),  this is a good place to begin. There's no Pratt cowpie to clean up here and Reed Helstrom is a blank slate whose success or failure is squarely on their shoulders. It's one thing to make references and call backs to the good old days, like the 2009 Star Trek movie did. It's another thing to keep riding those same successes into the ground (see Star Trek into Darkness) to the point that when you try something new that's worth watching, no one will be there to tune in (see also Star Trek Beyond, although Paramount's two shit trailers didn't help, either).

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, boes said:

That's pretty damn rich of Tightpockets to pitch a hissy fit with Chris, considering that it was her who questioned him about the wisdom of his sending Dullan on the mission and it was him who got all pissy with her for questioning him about it.   He's such an asshole.

About that...given this mission is in Miami, why would they need a guy all the way from GC to go there? It's a HUGE city... I'm no cop, but they could easily pull from local enforcement down there or even from another precinct in Florida, no?

i realize this is the same show that held a trial in Michigan for a murder in Hawaii and that employs Kevin in law enforcement but even for this show, it's a stretch.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Victoria lost Reed due to a combo of things but mostly because JT was being a jackass, Victor was trying to play god, and Tucker manipulating it all to his advantage. Remember Tucker blackmailed JT to do his bidding cause he got the court to rule in his favor? The whole thing in the end made JT look like a jerk and he knew it. I hated that storyline at the time because I never believed JT would be that extreme but they were writing him and Reed out the show so that is what we got. Now we have this tale with them throwing him under the bus again.

You have a great point that Reed just going into the same situation. JT and Mackenzie have two small kids. Victoria has two small kids. They all work. What is the difference? My guess is that JT is just at his wits ends with Reed. They have a newborn and apparently this fighting has been happening for a while now. I am sure Victoria doesn't have all the details and right now only sees her sweet son back. That will change the moment she has to discipline him. Maybe JT feels that now is the time for Victoria to raise him. He is her son too. 

I agree that Victoria is overwhelmed. Her life has been a bit chaotic the last few weeks and this is just another thing. She loves her son but no denying her world just got rocked and no doubt will be turned upside town by his teen angst. But she needs it. She is his mother and he needs her right now. This will be good for both of them.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Billy drives a silver SUV and JACK drives a white Euro sportscar? That was not what I was expecting.

Jack drives a Tesla, which is believable to me. He's rich and not stupid.

Billy has small kids - and they are pushing Villy family now - so roomy SUV also makes sense. 

I think Mal really prides himself on things like this: character vehicle choice.

• Love 10