Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Hmm, I have been wondering what far fetched reason Sharon's doctor has had to carry out this farce. Before reading the above comments this is what I came up with: the psych (and psycho) doctor is the product of Victor's affair with the good judge. The judge gave away the baby to save her marriage. Psycho doctor wants Victor to pay because she could have been (shoud have been ) a Newman heir. So she steals her half brother's kid to make them  all pay. Now she inadvertantly made said baby a step grandson of Victor since she has given the kid to Sharon to pass off as hers and Dylan's. So Nikki is still the baby's grandma. But hey, psycho doctor didn't think things through that far. I think Victor needs another kid as devious as Adam and psycho doc would fit the bill.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

Hmm, I have been wondering what far fetched reason Sharon's doctor has had to carry out this farce. Before reading the above comments this is what I came up with: the psych (and psycho) doctor is the product of Victor's affair with the good judge. The judge gave away the baby to save her marriage. Psycho doctor wants Victor to pay because she could have been (shoud have been ) a Newman heir. So she steals her half brother's kid to make them  all pay. Now she inadvertantly made said baby a step grandson of Victor since she has given the kid to Sharon to pass off as hers and Dylan's. So Nikki is still the baby's grandma. But hey, psycho doctor didn't think things through that far. I think Victor needs another kid as devious as Adam and psycho doc would fit the bill.

This is a good theory.  Too good for this show, of course.  I don't care what Dr. Ferretface's motive is.  I just want to see her suffer, she has the most punchable face I've seen seen LLB first graced (cough, gag) our screens.  The German's call it Backpfeifengesicht.

• Love 4

This was an assumption before the actress joined the show. It was speculated that she would be related to Victor Newman possibly as his daughter through an affair. I can't remember where I read this but it was on a soap site.

Considering her behavior with Nick, I think she's got to be the girl at the party that Victor paid hush money too and that Sharon kept the secret of.

I hate that Devon is already caving to Neil and going to let him get away with this.

• Love 2

So did they say that the "affair" with the judge was more than 30 years ago?  Cause if yes, then this makes good sense and would explain why JB is on the show, altho it makes one wonder how she hid a pregnancy from her husband.  Or maybe he knew and wanted her to get rid of the child?

• Love 1

This was an assumption before the actress joined the show. It was speculated that she would be related to Victor Newman possibly as his daughter through an affair. I can't remember where I read this but it was on a soap site.

Yikes, that is creepy and scary all at the same time. LOL. I never read soap sites and just came up with the scenario this morning but obviously others think the same way I do. I am not sure that is a good thing for them or me. Ha.

I assumed that the affair is pre Nikki, otherwise she would not have been so calm about it. So if psycho doc turns out to be Victor's kid in my head she would be his oldest. But yes Slowpokey, please share the details you remember from the other site.

• Love 2

So did they say that the "affair" with the judge was more than 30 years ago?

The affair was apparently while Nikki was married to Jack (which was in the early 90s). So who knows how many "years" that is in soap land. Soaps generally don't respect real time and Pratt respects nothing, so they'll shoe horn in whatever crap they want.

• Love 3

The affair was apparently while Nikki was married to Jack (which was in the early 90s). So who knows how many "years" that is in soap land. Soaps generally don't respect real time and Pratt respects nothing, so they'll shoe horn in whatever crap they want.

So that would make psycho doc younger than Nick, right?  Which could be, but doesn't seem to be.  I really want psycho doc to be Prick's adult love child.  Since Prick has been so dismissive of Drinki's 40 year old illegitimate baby, it would be fun if he had one of those too.

• Love 2

My mother called me earlier this evening and we proceeded to discuss the stupidity of this story line. When did Mariah last visit Sharon? She didn't wonder how Sharon's stomach was flat just a month or two ago but apparently popped out a full-term baby?

Does Sharon not realize she isn't sore down there from giving birth? Or the fact that her body isn't producing any breast milk?

None of this is making any sense and I don't know why I keep trying to use logic when viewing it.

I'm beginning to think the real Fairview doctors and orderlies are locked up in a storage closet somewhere, and the "doctor" and her 'orderly" are just mental patients who got control of the hospital and stole some scrubs and lab coats.

• Love 12

But if Sharon told the truth Dylan would have a nervous breakdown or kidnap a child or go on a punching rampage or something.

Oh yes. LOL we must protect that poor mental midget at all costs. I really don't know which one is more pathetic. Dullan or poor shar shar.

My mother called me earlier this evening and we proceeded to discuss the stupidity of this story line. When did Mariah last visit Sharon? She didn't wonder how Sharon's stomach was flat just a month or two ago but apparently popped out a full-term baby?

There is no way mariah doesn't know this can't be her idiot mom's kid. So now she is complicit in this bullshit . And the kid is a huge full term. The size of the head on that kid. It has to be Newman LOL

• Love 7

Did they actually say that on the show? I must have missed it and I kept waiting for clarification of when this affair supposedly happened.

Username: It seems so. I read this in a recap. (Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone?) Also apparently Victor was unmarried at this time.
  • Love 1

Abby's kind of his love child he didn't know about.

IIRC, Vic's "love" was a sperm bank where he and Jack both made donations. Because that's what men do. It was a really gross storyline about sperm stealing and test tube switching and whose your daddy hijinx that brought us Abby and Kyle.
  • Love 6

Yikes, that is creepy and scary all at the same time. LOL. I never read soap sites and just came up with the scenario this morning but obviously others think the same way I do. I am not sure that is a good thing for them or me. Ha.

I assumed that the affair is pre Nikki, otherwise she would not have been so calm about it. So if psycho doc turns out to be Victor's kid in my head she would be his oldest. But yes Slowpokey, please share the details you remember from the other site.

I know I read this but can't find it. It was in a coming and going section of some soap site and it told that the actress was coming to the show and she would be a soft spoken doctor or nurse taking care of an important person on the show. It said that rumors were she was going to be related to a famous citizen of GC and it speculated she would be Victor's daughter from an old affair and she might be paired with Stitch. I will look some more because I know I read this dammitt! LOL

• Love 1

YEP!!  Joe could handle the backward lay the woman down scene, he could give Noah some tips!  Many characters are off screen lately, all we get is Dylan and Sage all the time!  Nice break from Chelsea though.    

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2

Victor told Nikki that she was married to Jack at the time.

I tend to ff past Nikki/Victor scenes so that explains why I missed it. Of course they would never have Victor having an affair during one of the many times he and Nikki separated. If they are going to re write history (and I assume this is a rewrite) the Nikki/Victor love affair must stay intact. So nope, Nikki must be married to Jack for Victor to have an affair with a married woman.

• Love 2

I also saw a scene with Sick.  He is still trying to convince her he loves her blah blah.  She looks disturbed.  It occurred to me that they have no story except for the bear trap rescue.  With Sharon, she was his high school sweetheart, and sexy times.  With Phyllis, she was his nemesis over Daniel/Cassie, and then video games and sexy times.  With Avery, it was cupcakes and sexy times.  What does Sage bring to the table with her resting bitch face and gnarly monkey toes.  

The only time Sage was remotely interesting was in the flashback scenes to her and Gabe Bingham (the real one), flirting and talking about how he could get his money.

• Love 8

So on today's CDN, the doctor explained away Sharon not being able to breastfeed baby Sully by bringing up all the medication she is on and how it's not advisable for the baby to drink her milk. But, then wouldn't that same cocktail of meds in her system over the past nine months or so (rolls eyes around the world) not have been safe for the baby while Sharon was trying to carry it to full-term?

• Love 7

So on today's CDN, the doctor explained away Sharon not being able to breastfeed baby Sully by bringing up all the medication she is on and how it's not advisable for the baby to drink her milk. But, then wouldn't that same cocktail of meds in her system over the past nine months or so (rolls eyes around the world) not have been safe for the baby while Sharon was trying to carry it to full-term?

You would think. Plus, even if you're not breast feeding your body will produce milk. Sharon's breasts would be huge and heavy and engorged. Your body takes a good 10 days to stop producing milk. This is asinine.
  • Love 5

A List of Things Chuck Pratt Does Not Have a Basic Understanding Of:

-computers

-business

-medicine

-female dignity

-psychiatry

-criminal justice

-titties

-fire and the fighting of

-relationships

-male dignity

-non-white people

-oh fuck it, he has no basic understanding of anything pertaining to the human experience

• Love 15

You would think. Plus, even if you're not breast feeding your body will produce milk. Sharon's breasts would be huge and heavy and engorged. Your body takes a good 10 days to stop producing milk. This is asinine.

I haven't seen today's show as yet but expected psycho doc to tell Sharon in yesterday's show that she isn't producing milk due to her meds. But that would make too much sense to explain to Sharon why she has no milk when she should. And as dumb as they continue to write Sharon, even a Kardasian would be smart enough to know the not so subtle signs of just having given birth, let alone milk coming in. And Sharon has had three (actually four) kids before. Ugh.

• Love 5

IIRC Sharon went to Fairview as a delaying tactic. She used the excuse of regulating her meds. But she signed herself in, never signed up for drugging or brainwashing. Even Crazy Patty knew something was wrong.

Sharon never planned on switching babies with Sage. She didn't plan this Prattfail. She went to Fairview to avoid telling Dylan about the miscarriage & possibly turn up pregnant. It was never about baby switching. It wasn't being isolated and drugged, with the doc sedating her into oblivion.

Cockamamie is Sharon's MO, not a plan involving at least 2 or more people.

In my previous experience, psych nurses (& hospitals) avoid any medical problem at all costs. When we had anorexic kids in with cardiac problems related to their malnutrition, psych nurses were too terrified to care for them. It would be the same with pregnancy. If the Sharon/Ashley deliveries/switch had happened in real life, Fairview would be shut down, if not sued by Grampire & minions. Probably both. Fairview taking a pregnant woman they previously screwed is not going to happen. Prattfail!!!

This made me laugh cause it is the same way at the hospital I work in. So unrealistic beyond belief. Pratt is an idiot.

• Love 4

Three things: 1) Theoretically it is possible for a non pregnant woman to breastfeed, if given enough "stimulation ". But months of stimulation... 2) Some older psych drugs do cause some discharge from the breasts, but not the newer ones IIRC. 3) ITA this story is asinine. I agree drugs taken perinatally would be in the baby's system & the baby would possibly show signs of withdrawal depending on what shit the psycho doc is giving. That baby, if Sharon's, would be sent to an NICU/OB equipped hospital if Sharon stubbed her toe. Especially since Fairview would have been sued by Sharon for it's past failure with Faith. Psych hospitals, nurses and especially doctors run from physical medical problems, like a high risk pregnancy.

What get me so upset is some idiot will believe this shit. I don't want them to have a medical class, but I do want them to be in the same nation as the truth. This goes for all OB/GYN, psychiatric treatments and diagnosis, coma treatments (no magic Grampire/Kneel pill) and treatments of prostate cancer.

I guess because my background is nursing, I'm less tolerant of medical prattfails. Legal ones, like Grampire setting up Sharon for murder, trying her in WI for a supposed murder in HI, or the Carribean BS storylines with Marco/Jack, or Paragon Project should bother me but I don't care about these. No one will stop taking their meds or stop going to their MD with the legal bullshit. But total medical misinformation may cause the gullible to believe it, and act like it's true. At least have Prattass put a medical disclaimer on the show. Not that anyone would read it but it would at least cover his ass.

Edited misspelling...

Edited by Thumper82003
  • Love 9

Thumper: I agree on this medical stuff. I have no background in medicine but I'm a woman (like most of show's audience) so this CRAP is impossible to tolerate. It's beyond insulting. Fantasy is one thing (doppelgänger is fantasy IMO). But passing off this bullshit to women is in my view a form of misogyny. As in: stupid women who watch soaps don't deserve an iota of respect for their intelligence or experience.

Once again: fuck you Pratt. And JFP for bringing him on board.

• Love 11

Today's episode was boring. I couldn't care less about Cane, Lily, Joe, Chelsea, etc.

Hopefully tomorrow's will be better. Apparently Sharon and Dylan are going home. 

And yes, Sage tells Faith she's being selfish and her daddy needs her. I wonder if Faith wants to spend time with her mother and new baby brother and that sets Sage off.

• Love 4

yes jewel21, i think that's what it is.

in the spoilers i read, faith asks nick to take her to see her mom and the baby.

faith is only 8 yrs old so of course she wants to see her mommy and "new brother"..

have no phucks to give about herb. and like patsy, i wish she would FOAD.

• Love 5

Today's episode was boring. I couldn't care less about Cane, Lily, Joe, Chelsea, etc.

Well, certainly, no one above the level of bivalve could care about any of them...and that's probably an insult to clams and scallops everywhere. Chelsea has overtaken Lily in the "Characters I Really Loathe" category. Maybe my loathing there is just fresher and hasn't scabbed over yet.

For me, though, I enjoyed the silliness of Phyllis toying with Geekie...dun, dun, dun, dun...and the re-appearance of a hand! Show sure likes hands. Of course, I'm hoping it's Ian.

• Love 7

There was a hand?!

Man, I guess I really should watch the show instead of listening to it while playing Pet Rescue Saga, heh.

I watch it while drinking. Occasional lapses into consciousness are all you need, I find.

• Love 8

I'm glad Abby was team Adam, he did save her life.

Billy's ranting about Newmans while Victoria just stands there just makes her look really stepford. Good for Abby pointing out to Billy that yes he's her family but so is Adam. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7

I watched the episode.  This weird Lily jumping into bed with Joe storyline is just not believable, but then nothing with the Winters clan ever makes sense.

While i think Billy Boy is responsible for Delia's death, it is pretty harsh of Pricktor to say so, since he is clearly suffering.  And if Billy just recently acknowledged that he is feels responsible, then why is he still so hell bent on Adam going to jail?  Show is nonsensical.

They have really dragged out this Adam stuff, with the judge even telling Prick she was not going to roll over, and then she did, and he is off. I guess it was all just a way to introduce the judge to the storyline, and a potential "love child" of Prick's to appear?

• Love 7

I haven't seen the show with Billy, Adam et al yet. However, I have always felt Billy was responsible.

In this day & age, leaving a child in the car amounts to child neglect. Delia, in black, runs to get a dog (who is abandoned by Billy) and is hit by a car & killed. She was left in the car by the idiot father. He is responsible.

All along they have forgotten that Adam thought he hit a dog. He got out, checked for the dog, did not see Delia, and left. Ultimately it is a hit & run, but Adam didn't know that until afterwards. Yet they act as if it was a planned murder...

BILLY is the one who kidnapped Adam at gunpoint, shot him, crashed the car, then walked away leaving Adam for dead. That was a true hit & run as well as felony kidnapping and assault. Murder comes in with Gabe's death trying to rescue Adam. So Billy is the criminal getting away with murder.

Adam told Jack about Billy kidnapping & shooting him, but I never heard about Gabe's death. His death by Billy is unpunished. (Gabe died during a felony committed by Billy.)

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Thumper82003
  • Love 11