Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Maybe Sage's middle is actually a magic lamp. Rub it and out pops a genie only she can see.

"Oh dear. My plot to defraud the Bingham Estate has gone awry. I wish I could find a rich, gulliable dumbass willing to have unprotected sex with me. But where could I find a gazillionaire stupid enough to accept my claims of infertility at face value? They don't grow on trees or stumble into bear traps."

"I wish that there was a well-meaning gent in town who could be scapegoated for the Adam deception and take the heat off me. Perhaps a rival of my father-in-law who was blackmailed into it. It would buy me some time to come up with excuses."

"I wish that my new husband had a mentally ill ex who might steal my infant so that everyone would feel sorry for me and not yell at me when the Adam thing blows up. That would help an awful lot. If said ex has experience gently shaving a newborn's back, all the better."

"I think my genie quit. I keep wishing Nick was as good in bed as Adam is, but Nick fumbles around down there like blind, coked-up lab rat who can't find the cheese. Sigh."

• Love 12
"I think my genie quit. I keep wishing Nick was as good in bed as Adam is, but Nick fumbles around down there like blind, coked-up lab rat who can't find the cheese. Sigh."

I feel like this is still giving Nick too much credit.  I doubt he's coked-up lab rat good.  

• Love 4

That's only because Nick doesn't personally direct his ejaculate after it's released into the wild. If that guy knows left from right and up from down then I'm the Princess of Saturn. Imagine if Nicholas handled the navigation for his little whitefish.

"Nick, they said I had a rare form of pneumonia caused by sperm in the lungs. I don't remember it going down the wrong pipe."

"Ma'am, the tingling sensation in your leg is caused by unusually high levels of protein in your cerebrospinal fluid."

"The kidney stone had a most unusual composition...maybe the children should leave the room before we continue?"

• Love 9

OK, I think I have figured out why the writers are making Herb such an unlikeable character. It came to me today when she smugly told Nicholas that she and Victor had an understanding, and that he respected her because she told him what she would and would not put up with with regards to TGVN. Now there is no way the writers could not know that the audience would be thinking "How f'ing stupid ARE you?". So I have concluded that Sage is here to direct ridicule and hate away from the pet Summer and towards Herb. On top of that she is being directed to make scrunchy faces, OTT gestures and to rub her belly 24/7. In general to act like there IS no director. Because why in the hell otherwise would a director not tell her how bloody annoying she is, and tell her to stop doing all these things that make her look like last choice for a cheesy high school production?

• Love 8

Forget Sage's midsection (I wish I could) and bask in the rapidly expanding selection of face pulls, mugging, and exaggerated expressions she has. Last week, when Summer and her merry band of revelers popped out to surprise Daddy and Stepmommy, I finally saw it.

Look at me! I am so cutely surprised! Tee-hee. Let me butt my head against Nick's shoulder like a delightful kitten. Is this all for little ol' me? See me bat my eyelashes! Awww, I'm adorbs, biting my lip and snuggling wuggling with my big strong husband. Shucks. Giggle.

Still I have not one bubbling volcanic fuck to give about this character or the excessive Newman offspring she brings to the table.

I know its very annoying. Tone that shit down! She's already a nothing character that's weird as fuck please don't make it worse, actress lady.

• Love 6

So true!!  I am so sick of her rubbing that belly and resting her hands on it and those eyes, those teeth, YUCK!  So if she and Sharon are on the same time frame for pregnancy where is Sharon's bump and how does she expect to catch up?!  Sooooo stupid!

I soo agree I just can't get past her teeth everytime I look at her all I see is teeth and those crazy eyes.  IMHO the are making the wrong lady crazy they should ago with Sage going over the bend not Sharon.  Sage is as boring as watching paint dry but I would bet she does crazy perfectly.

• Love 7

I soo agree I just can't get past her teeth everytime I look at her all I see is teeth and those crazy eyes.  IMHO the are making the wrong lady crazy they should ago with Sage going over the bend not Sharon.  Sage is as boring as watching paint dry but I would bet she does crazy perfectly.

Trust me...she can do crazy so very well! She was crazy Connie (actually an alternate personality) on GH and I thought she did an amazing job ( with mostly crappy writing of course). She did crazy to wounded & back again in a flash. Quite impressive I thought. I'm sorry so many people don't like her here on Y&R but I have to say her story & writing has been .......well........it's Pratt, people. 'Nuff said.

(eta  I can't type so gud..can't spell either)

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 5

So. Let me get this straight. Ian Ward is The Paragon Project. And Adam's working with him. Working with the same guy who had his goons try to assassinate Turd and Adam took a bullet for?

Seriously?

I thought that was Congressman Guy with the dead druggie daughter.

• Love 4

I'm sorry so many people don't like her here on Y&R but I have to say her story & writing has been .......well........it's Pratt, people. 'Nuff said.

So are you saying she actually can act, and is being directed to make goofy faces and continually rub her belly which makes her look like she CAN'T act? I have never seen her before, so assume by what you are saying that we are supposed to hate Herb and think the actress has no talent.  If so it is certainly working.

Interesting that we do not get an epi on Monday but instead get a two episodes tomorrow? I don't think that has ever happened before.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

The Monday pre-emption is for golf. But I agree, I don't remember that ever happening before. Double episodes, and a golf tournament ending on a Monday (unless there was severe weather that delayed the tournament)

I hope the interesting stuff with Ian and Neil story lines continues during the double episodes. I also hope Herb loses the sapling. Will be nice to be two days ahead.

I am a little confused - where does Neil have Hillary stashed? Did he bring her back to GC?

• Love 1

Neil must have Hillary in GC since he seems to be popping up at the GCAC before and after visiting her. However I am a little confused as to how he got her back to GC. Apparently she has been unconscious since he fished her out of the ocean. So how did he get her on a plane, let alone back to the states and through customs? It isn't as if he has a private plane and lots of cash to bribe people ala TGVN. Pesky little details, I know.

As far as Herb losing the sapling, I don't understand the whole storyline. Why did Sharon lose her kid? How far apart were she and Herb supposed to be as far as due dates go? Sapling seems to be growing at an amazing rate and of course Sharon's is not at all. I thought the writers were setting us up for another (yawn) baby stealing scenario, but just can't see that now. But then this is GC, so Sharon could be wearing padding any day now that puts her on par with Herb. And of course no one will be the wiser. Cuz the citizens of GC are just that dumb.

• Love 2

So are you saying she actually can act, and is being directed to make goofy faces and continually rub her belly which makes her look like she CAN'T act? I have never seen her before, so assume by what you are saying that we are supposed to hate Herb and think the actress has no talent.  If so it is certainly working.

Interesting that we do not get an epi on Monday but instead get a two episodes tomorrow? I don't think that has ever happened before.

Don't ask me what show is going for...most of the time it is directly opposite what we see happening on air.

All I'm saying is I watched on her GH & thought she did a good job with a stupid story. (She came in as a recast of a popular actress/character and that has to be tough.) Same with some other ABC actors (Cady McLain, Genie Francis ,Darnell Williams, Debbie Morgan) who were much better on their ABC shows than on Y&R. I have no idea why that is....maybe it is due to crappy directing or writing.

Guess I am just more likely to overlook stuff since I saw KS on another show & thought she did OK there.

• Love 2

Does Neil have Hilary stashed at the GCAC?!!?  He was back there in a nano second after being at her bedside!  And remember Neil was given Victor's private plane many years ago which might have assisted getting her back into the states.

What bugs me about Sage is her overacting and use of her body/facial language instead of delivery of her lines that drives me crazy.  She is playing to the back row of a Broadway audience.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 5

Yeah, really, what has Sage done that is so awful?

I suppose scamming some old woman out of her estate makes her a bad person? Where is the forgiveness, people? She quit that fraud after hooking an even wealthier and profoundly dumber pot of gold. I mean, sure, the last thoughts that old lady had before dying were that Sage had deceived her and paraded a douchebag around wearing her beloved grandson's face, but that hag is worm food now, so water under the bridge.

There's the tiny matter of facilitating Adam's identity switch so that he could regain his old life without paying for the crime he committed and she could score some major dough, but who does that really hurt? The Abbotts, maybe. Nick might be slightly vexed when he catches on to the whole plot, but he's got the IQ of a bottlecap, so that may never even happen.

As long as someone somewhere is doing something worse than you, it's all good.

• Love 14

I was under the impression that the Adam-Gabe switch was all Herb. Wasn't he badly burned and mostly unconscious through the whole thing, and when he woke up he was Gabe? It was convenient for both of them, but it's really not cool to doppelgänger someone while they are asleep.

• Love 9

Does Neil have Hilary stashed at the GCAC?!!?  He was back there in a nano second after being at her bedside!  And remember Neil was given Victor's private plane many years ago which might have assisted getting her back into the states.

What bugs me about Sage is her overacting and use of her body/facial language instead of delivery of her lines that drives me crazy.  She is playing to the back row of a Broadway audience.  

This! You know I used to really dislike Phyllis and her hammy and OTT acteen but after she left and Gina T took over the role I realized it wasn't so much the character of Phyllis I detested it was the actress that played her! While Gina has a couple of tics I don't care for they are nothing compared to MS's overly dramatic and buffoonish shenanigans!

I couldn't give a fiddler's fart who Sagebrush is sleeping with or deceiving on the show or what kind of wrong she has done or is still doing!. She is dull as dishwater and boring as hell! I love it that she is paired with JM's Nick as he was always so scummy to Sharon Case all the years he was with MS. So that to me is karma as in my opinion KS does not have the chops to carry his mediocre butt the way SC and MS did and he might have to actually bust his tail for once! LOL

.  I think it's great she is playing Dickoless for the fool he is and hope she comes out the winner over him and old mumbledore Grampere. Nope the character doesn't bother me other than having her shoved down my throat and the over the top propping for her.What I can't stand is the actress' scene chewing facial expressions,mugging,teeth skinning,wild eyes and belly rubbing. She is always trying to hog the scene and draw attention to herself. It's just distracting and ridiculous! Just my opinion!

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 8

I don't for see Sage losing the baby because Chuckles has to have the little tyke born to fulfill his midnight fantasy of the crazy wimen's baby stealing adventure. And then of course all the angst and drama with the Newman bros battling it out in the paternity fiasco since it's a given the baby will inherit Adam's and Hope's eye disease. (eye roll)  No,Chuckles will not be denied his cray cray but to him really interesting recycled story of Sharon fresh from the loony bin with Patty Williams in tow and on the run with one of her ex husband's new born baby! Oh I just can't wait to see this!!On the edge of my seat here!!!!!

• Love 6

And remember Neil was given Victor's private plane many years ago which might have assisted getting her back into the states.

Wasn't that the plane that crashed at Thanksgiving and scattered the Winters clan all over a mountain? Though I guess that could have been Devon's plane - he must have one being a billionaire and all.

If Sage loses Miracle! Baby!, perhaps she will fake her pregnancy as well and she and Sharon will both have 15 month fake-padded-belly "miracles"!

OK, this is a storyline I could get behind. Both Sharon and Sage fake their pregnancies, with each thinking they will steal the others baby. But wait, imagine the surprise when they each find out that the other has been faking and neither has a sprout. Sage's exaggerated facial expressions would actually come in handy at that point.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11

I think he has her in the boathouse at that house he bought for Hilary (where he was electrocuted), but where they never lived.  You can see the shimmering water reflection.  How he got her there from the VI will remain a mystery.  

• Love 5

I think he has her in the boathouse at that house he bought for Hilary (where he was electrocuted), but where they never lived.  You can see the shimmering water reflection.  How he got her there from the VI will remain a mystery.  

I also wondered if Neil had Hillary at the property he bought. I wasn't sure if Neil still owned it, not that that would matter. Definitely a boathouse though with the canoe hanging inside.

Came here to post the same thought. It's the only way to explain how he goes so fast from Hilary to other GC scenes.  As I recall, he bought a house on a lake because that is where Hilary said her dream house would be.

Edited by luv2lurk
  • Love 3

I hate Sage and have no problem admitting it. The reasons:

Her face scares me. She always has flaring crazy eyes or widens them too much. She has a perpetual maniacal grin that shows many very large teeth and her entire gums. It reminds me of the possessed people in the Soundgarden "Black Hole Sun" video.

She's fidgety.

Which brings me to the fact weird face aside. She is a ham and upstages her screen partners.

She loves Nick : /

She is a total zero boring weird loser. I mean the lady is in her mid to late 30's and has NO friends, no education, no professional history, no interests, no travel, nothing. Her whole life was living with the old lady her dad worked for and daydreaming about Bingo noticing her. If he hadn't even been killed saving Adam she was just going to WASTE away the rest of her life this aimless ambitionless way? Why would I identify with such an idiotic bland character?

She engineered the whole Adam takes over Gabe's life scheme and the bitch kept verbally abusing him and acting like an asshole the entire time like it was his fault and she's such a victim. Shut the fuck up Shrew and stop making faces like you're Nicolas Cage.

She is very propped and shoved down my throat. Ugh. Not working. And I'd rather this screen time go to an established GC character in canvas or one that left that is missed.

That's all I got for now but I'm sure there's more.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 18

That sums it up perfectly Petunia. Those are all valid reasons for not liking this propped to the max unlikable character! Hard to explain but I just don't care one way or the other what she does or what happens to her. I find that I am just totally indifferent to her as she does not register on my radar. She is just not there.I guess fast forwarding her scenes every time she comes on screen has that effect on a person! LOL

• Love 6

I'm kind of glad I've been away from the show for a bit, because Sage hasn't had that much of an impression on me so far.  I didn't mind Kelly Sullivan over on GH (though the lady could and often did play to the rafters there as Connie Falconeri), but so far she's just a wide-eyed ball of there here.  That said, if she's getting the Madonna Phyllis/early Chelsea level of pimping and I just haven't seen it yet...ouch.

On the other hand: with the show's current focus on Neil Annie Wilkes-ing Hilary and whatever the fuck the Paragon Project is trying to do, she could straight up murder a five-layer wedding cake in the middle of the GCAC during lunch hour with a fire axe and I probably wouldn't bat an eye.  She's the least of my problems right this second.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 7

I was trying to come up with a possible dad for Sharon. Ian? Paul? Father Corbin? Neil? Murphy? Victor....eeehhhhhh'

Murphy? LOL I wanted so much for Tucker to be her dad but yeah well we all know what happened to that little plan now don't we?

• Love 3

I found it silly that Genevieve was Cane's mom. The actress is maybe 8 years older than DG. She's less than a decade older than Sharon Case as well.

I actually would be all for SHOW not trying to find parents for characters who are in their 40s

• Love 4

The Y & R is still a fixture in my household. Over the past couple of days I've spent a few minutes catching up. How is Neil supposed to get out of this mess? Is Kristoff St. John leaving the show? I sincerely feel sorry about all of the crap that TPTB have put him/his character through. I think his current story arc is disgusting. 

• Love 4

I am so impressed with Neil's medical training. He knows how to start an IV, what meds Hillary requires and in what doses, and to top it off he has apparently catheterized her since she has all of those fluids going into her that must come out at some point. Good job Neil!

I am so tired of DoppleFaith. Real Faith would never ditch her mother in favour of Herb and her sprout. Heck all it is at the moment is a bump - not like you can play with it, dress it, feed it. Are kids in real life so taken with a bump? None that I know of.

I loved Ian in his fishing vest today - made me miss Murphy.

Also loved the scene with Kevin and VIctor (and I never love VIctor scenes). EB and GR have a great chemistry.

• Love 12

Yeah it is so ridiculous how they take everything from Sharon again and again to prop up these boring and lack luster characters. Just as they had Noah sucking up to Phyl and Dickoless after she lost Cassie now they have Faith doing the same thing to Sick after she lost  the Shylan baby. And some wonder why Sharon is so insecure! DUH!!! On another site there are pictures of her in Fairview so I guess she will take the Sick baby and be put in the loony bin.Can't they cut this character a damn break and pile on some one else for a change?

• Love 10

I was under the impression that the Adam-Gabe switch was all Herb. Wasn't he badly burned and mostly unconscious through the whole thing, and when he woke up he was Gabe? It was convenient for both of them, but it's really not cool to doppelgänger someone while they are asleep.

That whole s/l has been changed now that the PTB have decided Sage is the best thing since slied cheese and they had Adam say that they agreed to do the switch.  In the beginning she did it all on her own now we are suppose to forget that she kept him drugged and called him Gabe when he kept telling her he was Adam.  Yep they think we are that stupid

Edited by Shicklove1
  • Love 9

Her face scares me. She always has flaring crazy eyes or widens them too much. She has a perpetual maniacal grin that shows many very large teeth and her entire gums. It reminds me of the possessed people in the Soundgarden "Black Hole Sun" video.

She's fidgety.

Which brings me to the fact weird face aside. She is a ham and upstages her screen partners.

She is a total zero boring weird loser. I mean the lady is in her mid to late 30's and has NO friends, no education, no professional history, no interests, no travel, nothing. Her whole life was living with the old lady her dad worked for and daydreaming about Bingo noticing her. If he hadn't even been killed saving Adam she was just going to WASTE away the rest of her life this aimless ambitionless way? Why would I identify with such an idiotic bland character?

She engineered the whole Adam takes over Gabe's life scheme and the bitch kept verbally abusing him and acting like an asshole the entire time like it was his fault and she's such a victim. Shut the fuck up Shrew and stop making faces like you're Nicolas Cage.

She is very propped and shoved down my throat. Ugh. Not working. And I'd rather this screen time go to an established GC character in canvas or one that left that is missed.

She's fidgety.

I agree with everthing you have said except no way in hell is that woman in her thirties she is in her forties and looks it.  I always thought Phyllis  looked too old to be paired with Nick  well Phyllis looks like a spring chicken next to Sage.

• Love 3

I have never thought Sage looks too old for Nick - I just don't like her. So out of interest I looked up the ages of a few actors and was most surprised to find out that Gina Tognoni is 41, the same age as Joshua Morrow. She is over twenty years younger than Peter Bergman who is 62 - I never would have thought that. She looks several years older than her real age IMO.  Michelle Stafford is 50, and to me always looked every day of her 9 years older than Joshua Morrow when they were paired.

• Love 4