Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Stay Or Go

Actually, we have 2 additional episodes -- I posted this under another thread:

[via press release from Lifetime]

True Tori Finale - Special Time

Tuesday, May 27, at 9pm ET/PT

Will Tori and Dean's marriage survive? Find out in the season finale airing May 27 at a special time at 9pm. Then tune in June 3 at 9pm for a special reunion show with Tori and Dean where they answer all the questions we have wanted to ask. On June 10, another bonus episode of True Tori airs with never before scene footage from the show. #TrueTori

not that it was consciously planned that way (?), but the raft of kids is her get-out-of-taking-responsibility card with no expiration date because there is no one, no one, no one in the entire world that could or would (help her) take care of her kids if he was out of the picture. no one. poor Tori. pobrecita

I think in some scenes she's cranking on his short hairs so hard he can hardly breathe and in some scenes he's "in on" how it's gonna go. I think the scene leading to the Big Decision was for real; in contrast, they're such lousy actors that the reveal of the foregone conclusion, erm, Big Decision, was lame and weeeeeak. like, use it in acting classes (ie: don't do this) weak

she's a strong, powerful yadda yadda alla thatta whatta woman??? pffffffffffffttttt

• Love 1

Good God on a Triscuit!!!!!  If Tori uses the "I don't wanna be a single parent, waaaaaah" excuse one more time, I may shank myself with a Slurpee straw!  Three nannies and two personal assistants does not a single mother make.  And, even if she were alone, suck it up beyotch!  That's what mommies do....everyday...in every town in the world.  And, oh, does the hypocrisy burn like a lemon in your eyes, when she does the whole "but I need to focus on my new show" while simultaneously calling Dean a shit head for filming his show.  Did it ever occur to her that she could cancel her show, go too Canada, and live with Dean there.  Nope!  Because, it's all his fault and he has to pay.  He shit in her sandbox and by God, he will remove every molecule of his poo with tweezers to get her back.  STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

• Love 10

A photoshoot? Really? Seriously? The kids were cute, Tori looked like shit. Guilting Liam was a shitty thing for her to do. He's miserable, I think. I would be, with that haircut.

Why is she obsessing about him going to do Chopped Canada, because that's where he had a 2-night stand? I can't believe he'd even consider not doing his job, walking away and killing any future hopes of employment. 2 months... poor Tori will have to deal with the kids while her nannies who hide off camera take care of them for her.

Why doesn't Dean take Liam to Canada with him for the 2 months? Tori would bitch about that too, I guess.

This show has shown me now narcissistic and childishly immature Tori is, and how Dean is actually the better parent. If she thought this was the vehicle to make people love her and want to feed her with a spoon, she is in for a rude awakening, in my opinion. And I'm not buying that they are financially broke. I don't know how much they are getting paid for this travesty, but I can bet you money that Tori will have it spent before Dean's plane lands in Canada.

• Love 2

So fake and scripted. And they expect us to believe it all. Dean started filming Chopped Canada by April. First episode of season 2 aired April 10

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/chopped-canada/episodes-season-2/622312

Chopped Canada Season 2 episodes
Jun 19, 2014: One Flew Over the Cocoa's Nest
Jun 12, 2014: That Wascally Wabbit
Jun 05, 2014: Showdown at the Oka Corral
May 29, 2014: Pressed for Ham
May 22, 2014: The Spruce Is Loose
May 15, 2014: Snakes and Batters
May 08, 2014: When Life Hands You Lemonade
May 01, 2014: The Young and the Timeless
Apr 24, 2014: For the Love of Cod
Apr 17, 2014: High Steaks
Apr 10, 2014: Slaying the Dragonfruit

Guess they didn't think about Chopped Canada season 2 airing the same time as True Tori.  Four episodes of Chopped season 2 aired by the time Tori was released from the hospital and still "struggling" with whether Dean should do Chopped Canada season 2   Say what!!

• Love 1
(edited)

When Tori talks about the strong woman that she has become, I can't help but notice her noodle arms and her very girly, whispery voice.

I found it a little disconcerting that Wolf cried about Dean's relationship with Liam.

I learned more about a certain tattoo of Dean's than I wanted to know.

Dean's hat has to go. Tori's lipstick has to go.

Hattie is the cutest kid ever. She is just so happy and spunky. I love her.

Dear Tori, Canada is not "countries away." Maybe get a map, and you can teach your kids basic geography while you learn it, too.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 7

This episode felt more fake than most & that's saying a lot! It also felt like a big fast forward leap in forgiveness. And what in the crappity crap was up with buying new rings every year? The huh? Give the girls 50 rings to choose from? Say what? Isn't your ring, in theory, special? Dang, I seem to have to attach a theoretical out for a lot of Team McDermott statements. Still I found this grossly entertaining. I may have sometime slightly wrong with me.

Every time I read the little blurb about Dean having a two day affair I laugh. Not the reaction I think they're going for. I had two tiny tots & managed our family business when I found out my then husband, who traveled all the time, had a 3 year long affair going on. Yep, I'm sure there were warning signs but I hadn't slept a full night in about 4 years so I give myself an excuse for being unobservant. I'll fully admit I'm good at drama & a crier, but I didn't have the fits that Tori has. In hindsight I think I should've. It might have been fun. Tori says: and then everything changed... I always giggle.

Dean kept talked about all his feels during the anniversary dinner until I wanted to scream. It's not all about how you feel, how being a father makes you feel or how it feels to be a spouse. It's about a commitment to your choice because I guarantee that the feelings will ebb & flow. Wouldn't it be cool to hear their "counselor" discuss that? And by cool I mean impossible.

Hey did y'all know Dean the Dick has a tattoo of ownership right above his dick? Klassy! I know if I saw that my first thought would be, "So glad I'm getting me some of that!" Then I'd get a Sharpie & cross out Tori's name & write my own. Mine would end in an I as well, but it would be dotted with a heart. Bet Tori didn't do that. Amateur!

• Love 8

That Dr. Wexler chick has got a good thing going on. She was Shannon Tweed and Gene Simmons' therapist on their Family Jewels reality show. I really don't like her attitude. She seems to take Tori's side and she was on Shannon's side too. I realize it was Dean and Gene that cheated but as Dr. Douche Bag Phil would say....there's two sides to every pancake.

• Love 1
(edited)

Something from this episode that I'm having trouble deciding whether it's (a) ridiculously amateurish scripting or (b) evidence of just how far adrift girlfriend is from reality: her completely ignoring word of the inevitable producers' threat of a lawsuit if Dean backed out at the last minute.

Was that tiny little "detail" simply not as germane to the plot as her desperate need to have her "grand gesture?" Or is she too divorced from reality to grasp that they actually cannot afford it?

It seems to me that all but the most hopelessly lost (or not reading a bad script) would step back and acknowledge - in that moment - that "oh, well, we really are stuck. Better move on..."

Did she serioiusly think there would be no real-world consequences to backing out of a major commitment like that?

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

This episode was by far, the most exhausting of the season. And that is saying something. It was clearly patched together last minute based on public opinion on the show as it was airing. We went from episode 5 with complete emotional breakdowns and no hope of piecing the fairy tale back together, to everything is going SO well in delusional land, and we are celebrating our anniversary. What the fuckity fuck??

I did laugh a bit at Tori's complaining to "Dr" Wexler that she needed someone to take care of her. "Dr" asked her if she thought she might need to start taking care of herself, and Tori's absurd response was classic.. "I'm not ready!" Ugh... Time to get ready, girl. You've got 4 kids, and if you can't take care of yourself - they are in a world of hurt. Idiot.

• Love 4

Hey did y'all know Dean the Dick has a tattoo of ownership right above his dick?

I thought it was funny when Tori told her friends that he got that tattoo shortly before cheating on her---gee, if he doesn't respect the sanctity of the tattoo,  how can we expect him to respect the sanctity of marriage???

• Love 2

How in the world could Dean be so important to the Chopped brand that his no-show is worth a $5 million lawsuit? Probably not the reaction they hoped I would have when watching the episode.

• Love 1

How in the world could Dean be so important to the Chopped brand that his no-show is worth a $5 million lawsuit?

I thought the same thing!  It's either a lie or it was a punitive figure they set to avoid him being a no-show.  

WTF did I just watch?  I have no idea what percentage of this show is real vs. scripted, it is 100% exhausting and gross.  I can only imagine how much worse everything would be if these famewhores got ahold of daddy Spellings millions and millions of dollars.  I can imagine how sweet all of this is must be for their ex-spouses, talk about karma.  

• Love 1

So do you think they had sex the night before he left?

They better have or he won't feel close or appreciated or manly or whatever line he spit out as an added justification for screwing around. Better do him Tori or he's going to have to do someone else. He can't help it. Must have sex all the time. Need booty.

I sort of wonder if at this point they have an arrangement & he got caught & shot it all to hell. They maintain the family image in order to sell their brand, but as long as he doesn't bring anything home (disease or person) then Tori ignores it. Maybe it wasn't like that in the beginning, but as the babies started showing up & Deano was still in constant heat I wonder if Tori let it slide to keep her fairy tale intact. the problem this time is Dean got sloppy. Who knows?

I know a couple that has lived that way for years & years. As long as their life looks perfect on the outside & they don't interact too much at home, then it's all good. I find it bizarre, but I guess it a choice. A choice that makes me question why bother, but for them it's about money & status in their circle. They like to brag about how long they've been married & I find that especially strange. And I'll be blamed if Tori doesn't mention their 8 fabulous years about 8 billion times.

• Love 3

I don't know....I just really don't see Tori as being the type to agree to that sort of arrangement. She is way too needy and insecure. But I can see her being the type to actually live in denial and ignore signs that he has cheated before because she simply couldn't deal with it. This time being so public, she had no choice but to confront the issue.

• Love 3

I really started off wanting to be on Tori's side, mostly because it is terrible to be cheated on & have it come out so publicly would be worse, IMO.  But I just can't! All this talk of Fairytales, Prince Charming, Knight in Shining Armor & Happy Endings lost me, because it isn't realistic.  Tori is like the 12 year old girl with posters of Bieber on her wall, thinking he is some kind of dreamboat she hopes to marry someday.  When in reality Bieber is nothing but a spoiled piece of shit.  Not to mention the fact that Tori is a cheater herself.  It is hard to feel sorry for someone who thought cheating was ok when they were the other woman.

Dean needs to keep working, he needs to sock some money away for his kids therapy in a few years.  Not a one of them is getting out of this mess unscathed.

• Love 3

Did anybody else think that in the dinner/anniversary scene the waiter brought Tori a shawl to cover her bones because it was disturbing the other patrons?

I'm glad this is nearly over. The way these two whisper speak at eat other drives me batshit. Does it make it more sincere if I whisper in a baby voice?

• Love 1

The other day I saw Tori being interviewed (I don't remember by whom or what show it was on), and when asked about her and Dean both cheating on their exes, her reply was her standard answer: that they were soul mates, as if that is a valid reason for screwing around on your spouse.  I guess she thinks its normal for a married person to declare someone your soul mate the day you meet them, and follow through with a roll in the hay that very night.  I don't think that anyone will ever get through to Tori that hooking up with Dean the day she met him (while both married to others) was wrong.  She's stuck in her little fantasy fairytale mode, and will always feel that there's nothing wrong with what they did.   

• Love 3

I hated the photo shoot. Aside from it being ridiculous, I just couldn't get past how ghostly she looked. The white gown w the white hair in the white room. It just irked me.

And what's with the constant photo shoot? If we look happy in pictures maybe it will spill over to real life? How can she claim to be so broke but have a photographer on dam payroll?

• Love 1
Well what will Tori do if Emily Goodhand or whatever her name is, declares Dean as HER soulmate after their romp in the sack? Can someone have more than 1? I don't know the rule!

I think the rule in Tori's world is that if she declares you her soul mate you are, anything else is just meaningless sex or a delusion of love. A true soul mate writes ridiculous & unrealistic garbage on a barf bag as a way to express their oneness & obvious meant-to-be-ness. I would like to meet the world's richest man who is about to die & declare him my soul mate as we write our vows on a napkin & he signs his power of attorney over to me. In my sTori that counts! 

• Love 1

I used to feel bad for Tori but not anymore.  They are both 2 attention whores...putting all their personal/sex lives on tv for everyone to hear about.  Those poor kids, Liam is already 'stressed' at what, 7 yrs old?  She's a trainwreck, between her constant hospitalizations, her never ending crying/hysterics.  I hope she stays off tv and gets her life together for the sake of her kids! 

I agree with you Frisco but I think it is wishful thinking.  Once you have agreed to put this kind of shit on display, I believe you no longer have boundaries.

I had a few hours yesterday with nothing to do so I rewatched from the beginning & Tori has a tendency to talk out of both sides of her ass.  In the first episode she was laying it all out for us & said she never thought for one moment Dean would cheat, later she is saying she has been dreading the possibility from the beginning.  She said Dean told her every detail of his 2 day affair when they got home from Liam & Stella's Christmas program but then she is saying she needs details in therapy, like she never received them.  The only consistent thing about Tori is her constant victim mentality.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ok -- let me just say that I finally watched most of the episodes from my DVR today.   THESE TWO ARE AN ABSOLUTE TRAIN WRECK!!!!!.   Does he shower or wear nice clothes?  She is so pathetic.  No way in hell would I take this guy back.  We all know he's cheated more than once -- WAKE UP TORI!!!!  

I feel here I am a single, 47 year old woman w/no children.  Sorry but I haven't found the right guy.  I have a good job, just bought a 2 bed/2 bath condo in a great area and I have a lot of friends and family.  MY LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN TORI AND DEAN.   

I know what it feels like to be cheated on -- 22 years ago, I was engaged to my high school sweethart after dating for 5 years.   We bought a home, yadda yadda and I knew something was wrong.  Yes, i confronted him.  It was difficult.  It was Christmas Time.  I knew sitting at my bridal shower that he was with her while I was opening presents from his family, but I sat there with a smile on my face.  After he didn't show up to drive me home from the shower, and after I made all the excuses to family and friends, i knew it was over. 

He left 5 weeks before my wedding for "the other woman" and we were history, yes I was devastated.  But it was the right decision as I knew I could never trust that he wouldn't do it again. 

With all that being said (and sorry for the long story), I have become a much better person, I know who I am and what I want and what I deserve and I believe in myself.  THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, IS I'M HAPPY AND CONTENT AND VERY PROUD OF MYSELF. 

Tori has no idea who she is, no self confidence, and is the most needy person I can remember.  I actually feel sorry for her. 

Edited by MissT
  • Love 4
(edited)

I just wonder how Tori frames this shit in her mind. And I wonder what kind of traits she'll tell her girls they should be looking for in a Prince Charming or Knight in Shining Armour or whatever the crap Dean is to her. Is she going to tell Stella that its ok if he's married? It's ok that he's a cheater? And certainly ok if she's a cheater too? Cause its love.

And ok Stella now that you've broken up two homes to live your fairy tale it's ok if Charming cheats on you. All is forgiven as long as he twitches when he talks about the affair and he shows up for the photo shoot.

Oh, and don't forget to find your voice somewhere in there.

Bull and Shit.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 5

So now I'm sitting her watching the question and answer session -- when asked why she cheated Tori stated "you can't help who you fall in love with".  OMG - it called morals.  I'm only 7 minutes into the show and she's nuts.  She stating she wants her kids to watch the show when they get older.  Good way to screw them up.  Poor kids are going ot need therapists. 

Also, she has way too much filler in her cheeks.  She looks ridiculous.

• Love 1
(edited)

Also, she has way too much filler in her cheeks.  She looks ridiculous.

This!  I must have paused and re-wound at least 3 times to check for cheek implants.  So ridiculous tonight.

Edited to add: Tori, honey, your skin looks horrible.  Try eating something.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 1
I think the rule in Tori's world is that if she declares you her soul mate you are, anything else is just meaningless sex or a delusion of love. A true soul mate writes ridiculous & unrealistic garbage on a barf bag as a way to express their oneness & obvious meant-to-be-ness.

Yeah no kidding.  I have to wonder if Tori's first spouse was her "soul mate" too - or was everything she told him on their wedding day a lie?

How about Dean, can he just pick a new "soul mate" every so often?

The hypocrisy of these two just drives me insane. You have both lied, cheated, and betrayed the people you claimed to love the most. Now you're shocked that you're both liars and cheaters?  What? 

You are both putting your kids on display for 'fame' or money or whatever you get from destroying their lives. (although kudos to Mary Jo for not letting Jack be put on display).  You're both full of crap emotionally, personally, and professionally.  I wanted to come out of this show knowing more about them and I suppose I do but it's so not in a good way!  I also wanted to like at least one of them, but the only ones I like are the kids and I feel very sorry for them. 

• Love 2