Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

She auditioned for DCC in May 2021, the year after the "bubble." That is the only one I know about, not sure if she auditioned other times/other teams.

Whoops. Thanks for correcting. I thought it was the year before 😂

So speaking of Kelsey making Raiderettes, I went to their web site. Ummm Kelli would like a word...

The Raiderettes were named Most Professional of All NFL Cheerleader Units by network television directors.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14

Wow that Raiderette website is so well developed. They just finished auditions but yet all of the cameos are finished and posted on the website. Lots of great information including an extensive history. That’s what you can do when you have great social media people.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/22/2023 at 11:12 AM, ByTor said:

So speaking of Kelsey making Raiderettes, I went to their web site. Ummm Kelli would like a word...

Well isn’t this what former dcc Mandy and one of her best friend, Malloriet (both are former raiderettes) did before they left, in terms of the history of raiderettes and the uniform changes from old, to current uniforms and the locker rooms etc and prob tha work that got them that accolade etc?

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 1
On 5/21/2023 at 10:32 AM, StellaCL said:

She auditioned for DCC in May 2021, the year after the "bubble." That is the only one I know about, not sure if she auditioned other times/other teams.

I still want to know why she spent so may years trying to make it just to leave after two years...then try to go back...THEN dance for another team. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
On 5/22/2023 at 5:55 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I still want to know why she spent so may years trying to make it just to leave after two years...then try to go back...THEN dance for another team. 

Wasn’t it stated she left to get married (as have others)?  If true, I can understand.  Trying to come back, I understand that, too.  Good for her that the Raiderettes saw her talent. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, WenD08 said:

Wasn’t it stated she left to get married (as have others)?  If true, I can understand.  Trying to come back, I understand that, too.  Good for her that the Raiderettes saw her talent. 

Hmmmm still strange to leave just to get married. There have been a lot of girl who join the team already married.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 5/22/2023 at 10:55 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I personally think she left because the rookies were getting more technical, meaning she might disappear into the background a bit/possibly risking getting cut at finals. Sure, she is gorgeous (all of them are) but she wasn't exactly a strong, technical dancer. She definitely improved but she wasn't the best dancer.

The year she retired (2018) was arguably one of the most talented rookie classes, with five of them making it onto show group as rookies. 

Edited by DCC-UK
Added info
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 5/16/2023 at 1:06 PM, Kamal said:

image.thumb.png.bdcfd34248e7cf1f4e90eaf2e90183af.png

Interesting for them to be counted as "one" in the roster

It makes me think that the organization REALLY wanted to work the identical twin angle.

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Meleighsa said:

It makes me think that the organization REALLY wanted to work the identical twin angle.

I think they've had a few sets of twins on past squads.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/28/2023 at 4:31 PM, MrsEVH said:

I think they've had a few sets of twins on past squads.

Twins are kind of their thing, 5 sets in the past 15 years. It was a pretty long dry spell before Jen and Wendy came along. I'm sure it was a huge advantage for them in auditions.

See the other four

Spoiler

Larisa and Marisa

2010HTC_LarisaMarisa.thumb.jpg.3868c28a3407b891b1ea57320aa940cc.jpg

Dresden and Schuyler

2010HTC_DresdynnSchuyler.jpg.3d494bde0da45dfa8b91fda3635b900a.jpg

Michelle and Rachel

MichelleRachel2.jpg.c1c883952e550445f48cdb35a0095de9.jpg

Jordan and Randi

2015TexansRookies_JordanandRandi.jpg.8818b9bc19b08e2371979a52ffe1a7bf.jpg

DCC twin trivia for the bored:

Spoiler

The DCC had one set of twins, Stacy and Tracy Smith, back in the 80s. They left or got cut during the season, I don't know why. (See back row, top right corner.)

dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-1985-squad-e1597781726153.thumb.jpg.21badb871e04ad3f7dee57cfbb9fc072.jpg

Doesn't seem like DCC have come close to have twins since then. The Hoffman triplets auditioned in one of the early seasons, and Emily and Haley Ferguson later on. All of them were cut in semis IIRC.

I just looked them up to see what they've been up to. The Hoffmans all seem to be dance team coaches. Looks like Haley and Hilary are both married with kids. Not sure about Cali. The Fergusons both married professional hockey players. It doesn't look like they are involved in dance anymore. Emily married William Karlsson who is from Sweden and plays for Las Vegas Knights. Haley married Oula Palve who is from Finland. He played for a couple AHL teams in the US, then they moved to Sweden for him to play there, and now they're moving to Finland for him to play there. 

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2019 at 7:56 PM, lkxydhfinl ghsdv said:

Here's an article about her...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2010-05/06/content_9816309.htm

She was 27 when she was a DCC.  I'm pretty sure she was a Houston Texans Cheerleader, but I can't find any photos.

Malia was on the HTC for 2 years 2005 & 2006. 

2005  https://pompedia.com/index.php?title=Houston_Texans_Cheerleaders_of_2005_-_06

2006  https://pompedia.com/index.php?title=Houston_Texans_Cheerleaders_of_2006_-_07

Also in those pictures is Vanessa Jenkins from the 2009 DCC. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Malia was on the HTC for 2 years 2005 & 2006. 

2005  https://pompedia.com/index.php?title=Houston_Texans_Cheerleaders_of_2005_-_06

2006  https://pompedia.com/index.php?title=Houston_Texans_Cheerleaders_of_2006_-_07

Also in those pictures is Vanessa Jenkins from the 2009 DCC. 

I wonder what the deal was with Malia and Vanessa both leaving DCC after one season. They were both great, and could have been seasoned vets on the team.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I wonder what the deal was with Malia and Vanessa both leaving DCC after one season. They were both great, and could have been seasoned vets on the team.

Both were veteran HTCs (Malia - 2 yrs, Vanessa - 4 yrs) and were probably good and done at the end of their rookie DCC year. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
On 6/2/2023 at 12:31 PM, StellaCL said:

I don't know about Vanessa, but I am convinced that Malia went into it with the intention of doing it for only one year. She was recently married, was a Stanford grad, and had big ambitions for her career. She seemed like the type who was willing to take a year out of her life to cross DCC off her bucket list, and then move on to other goals. 

On another note, this video just came across my recommended. Kelli was a member of the show group  performing at a telethon in 1987. It is literally the WORST DCC choreo I've ever seen, lol. It is so so bad, especially coming to america. They did several numbers, including a couple from "A Chorus Line" including the singing. Enjoy!

Screenshot2023-06-05210342.thumb.png.2f2e0170fdd2334c773aeea8d4ff912b.png

In the thumbnail, Kelli is in the middle, standing with both poms up.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't know about Vanessa, but I am convinced that Malia went into it with the intention of doing it for only one year. She was recently married, was a Stanford grad, and had big ambitions for her career. She seemed like the type who was willing to take a year out of her life to cross DCC off her bucket list, and then move on to other goals. 

On another note, this video just came across my recommended. Kelli was a member of the show group  performing at a telethon in 1987. It is literally the WORST DCC choreo I've ever seen, lol. It is so so bad, especially coming to america. They did several numbers, including a couple from "A Chorus Line" including the singing. Enjoy!

Watching this, all I can hear is Judy voice yelling “lines!  And I just want to count out loud as they all seem to be on their own beat!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Seems like Lacey is back as an All-Star! She posted during the weekend. So did Jalyn and Kat, in their DCC uniforms. Exciting for them! 

Is Jalyn still doing her wedding company, Saucier & Co? Her posts seem to focus a lot on her TYC business. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6d454fbeb1f50e18f39165caf1317f35.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.11ca5ea0a9992e1267aa4479293cc9f9.jpeg

Found this response and I didn’t remember them going to South Korea but did find this acknowledgment…interesting?

"To keep her from attacking me"

What could have possibly happened that lead to a DCC instigating conflict (esp to a serviceman and esp on an official visit)???

3 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

"To keep her from attacking me"

What could have possibly happened that lead to a DCC instigating conflict (esp to a serviceman and esp on an official visit)???

Probably nothing happened anyone can say stuff on social media doesn’t mean it’s true 

(edited)
4 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6d454fbeb1f50e18f39165caf1317f35.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.11ca5ea0a9992e1267aa4479293cc9f9.jpeg

Found this response and I didn’t remember them going to South Korea but did find this acknowledgment…interesting?

How seriously can we take someone who says "cowboy cheerleader." Does she only cheer for one Cowboy???

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 9
(edited)

I think it was following a thread about dcc and how buff they are concerning the comparisons of drag shows in Texas vs the Dcc…lots of people riffing on the theme.   But I did see on instagram some other dcc  cheerleaders are on a uso tour…but didn’t really pay attention to the date.  It didn’t say where they were but it def says 2023.  I thought it was funny. 

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I think it was following a thread about dcc and how buff they are concerning the comparisons of drag shows in Texas vs the Dcc…lots of people riffing on the theme.   But I did see on instagram some other dcc  cheerleaders are on a uso tour…but didn’t really pay attention to the date.  It didn’t say where they were but it def says 2023.  I thought it was funny. 

Oh no doubt, it is funny! 😂

(edited)
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh no doubt, it is funny! 😂

And so vague and specific at the same time…I can imagine one of them scooting out their chair to stand up fast after some untoward comment from a “macho” guy. 

image.thumb.jpeg.269567beb20066c7033c1a820820dd00.jpeg

Edited by Jazzmom
Add pic. This is 2023 uso tour fyi
  • Like 4
On 6/5/2023 at 9:17 PM, sleepyjean said:

When I see the old choreo I can’t even classify it as actual choreography. All that comes to mind is bad 80’s aerobics and jazzercise classes.

Anyone else old enough to remember the women’s “gym” Spa Lady? I was a member. 🫠

On 6/7/2023 at 4:07 AM, TUOwl84 said:

Tyra posted she is engaged on her Instagram story! 

I saw the engagement YouTube video where Oshae did the intro. I thought it was a really sweet idea to visit a new Nobu every anniversary! But what a drive from Arizona (are they in Phoenix?) to Malibu!

The surprise engagement party in Dallas was also very sweet & thoughtful. It is nice to see them coming together. 

• Like 5
(edited)
38 minutes ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

I saw the engagement YouTube video where Oshae did the intro. I thought it was a really sweet idea to visit a new Nobu every anniversary! But what a drive from Arizona (are they in Phoenix?) to Malibu!

The surprise engagement party in Dallas was also very sweet & thoughtful. It is nice to see them coming together. 

I’m pretty sure a few ladies flew to California to surprise  her but I could be wrong 

Edited by Holly85
On 6/5/2023 at 8:10 PM, DizzySometimes86 said:

Seems like Lacey is back as an All-Star! She posted during the weekend. So did Jalyn and Kat, in their DCC uniforms. Exciting for them! 

Is Jalyn still doing her wedding company, Saucier & Co? Her posts seem to focus a lot on her TYC business. 

Jalyn’s longtime hottie boyfriend is/was Corey Saucier. All indications on social I see seem to indicate that they’ve likely broken up. Not sure what that means for her work with Saucier & Co. I agree she’s all in at TYC but with retirement (even with being an all-star and having a new pup) and being such a hard worker, she would have more time to do both if she was still doing the wedding thing. Amber also starting a wedding related hustle is interesting. Jalyn’s one of my all-time faves, so as long as she’s happy then all good!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, RileyJDR said:

Jalyn’s longtime hottie boyfriend is/was Corey Saucier. All indications on social I see seem to indicate that they’ve likely broken up. Not sure what that means for her work with Saucier & Co. I agree she’s all in at TYC but with retirement (even with being an all-star and having a new pup) and being such a hard worker, she would have more time to do both if she was still doing the wedding thing. Amber also starting a wedding related hustle is interesting. Jalyn’s one of my all-time faves, so as long as she’s happy then all good!

I'm looking at TYC's website and that is a lot of DCC (past & current)! Great there's a good network among them. (Can't help but cringe that they misspelled Sophy's name, though.) It is nice to learn a little more about Sophy's background, given the show ended before her rookie year.

i always admired Jalyn's work ethic.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

I'm looking at TYC's website and that is a lot of DCC (past & current)! Great there's a good network among them. (Can't help but cringe that they misspelled Sophy's name, though.) It is nice to learn a little more about Sophy's background, given the show ended before her rookie year.

i always admired Jalyn's work ethic.

I've always seen it spelled Sophie. The other way just seems odd. 

On 5/2/2023 at 10:13 PM, Blue hues said:

Very cute family!  In looking at the little girl, her facial features, are distinct.  Does she have developmental delays?   She is a cutie no matter what!  That grin!!

I think she looks just like her dad. 

On 6/23/2023 at 6:13 PM, Jazzmom said:

12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Jacie Scott is now the head coach for the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders.  Here is her Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct7eYHHy8Hd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I love this for both ladies! I think both have strong leadership skills, and I am beyond impressed that Daphne will be starting law school at Pepperdine while she is the cheer head coach. Wishing them both happiness and success in their new positions and homes! Jacie always was one of my favorites.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Does anyone else have an irrational dislike of any of the DCC boyfriends/husbands? It is utterly ridiculous to me how much a loathe some of them. I feel like some of the ladies settle for their sig others when they make the team who jump on the opportunity to lock them down in a relationship. For example didn't Kristins now husband dump her when she didn't make the team the first time? i still follow her on insta and every time I see him i want to screech at him, dude you so leveled up with her. I don't want to shame him but she is STUNNING & he is well not. I say that bc he dumped her, seriously? He did??? I'd love to see these relationships 15 years removed from DCC to see if any of the ladies have dumped them... Please tell me i'm not the only one who thinks this! 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

Does anyone else have an irrational dislike of any of the DCC boyfriends/husbands? It is utterly ridiculous to me how much a loathe some of them. I feel like some of the ladies settle for their sig others when they make the team who jump on the opportunity to lock them down in a relationship. For example didn't Kristins now husband dump her when she didn't make the team the first time? i still follow her on insta and every time I see him i want to screech at him, dude you so leveled up with her. I don't want to shame him but she is STUNNING & he is well not. I say that bc he dumped her, seriously? He did??? I'd love to see these relationships 15 years removed from DCC to see if any of the ladies have dumped them... Please tell me i'm not the only one who thinks this! 

I’m glad you brought this up!  Obviously I don’t know any of these men and I trust these ladies know what they’re doing. But it SHOCKS me how some of these dudes landed these ladies!!!  And dare I say (Jesus forgive me)… some are very overweight too!🙈  ((I feel like I have a little bit of a pass here as a fellow overweight person, and I hate body shaming, but it’s a fact)).  Again, I don’t mean to judge and I have zero room to do so, but I’m like jeeze?!?  I’m sure some of them are wonderful men, but these guys damn well better at least be loaded! 🤣🤣

<<I’m going to go hide now and hope y’all don’t ban me.>>

6 hours ago, TB12 said:

I think Kelli Quinn's first husband wasn't all that much of a catch.  They got married and divorced within a year for, IIRC, him cheating on her.  Like, dude.  You scored with an NFL cheerleader and you decide it's worth catting about?  I don't know what his thought process was, but the first two that crossed my mind were that he thought she was a stereotypical "dumb" blond and that she was a "stupid" cheerleader, both indicating that he thought she was lacking in both smarts and intelligence.  Then I thought, the only "dumb" or stupid things she did was to date, then marry, him and the smartest thing she did was dump/divorce him!  LOL

• Like 3
On 7/3/2023 at 6:26 PM, EricaShadows said:

I think Kelli Quinn's first husband wasn't all that much of a catch.  They got married and divorced within a year for, IIRC, him cheating on her.  Like, dude.  You scored with an NFL cheerleader and you decide it's worth catting about?  I don't know what his thought process was, but the first two that crossed my mind were that he thought she was a stereotypical "dumb" blond and that she was a "stupid" cheerleader, both indicating that he thought she was lacking in both smarts and intelligence.  Then I thought, the only "dumb" or stupid things she did was to date, then marry, him and the smartest thing she did was dump/divorce him!  LOL

Weren't there rumors too that he was abusive also?  I always wondered if that was the reason she retired after only three years.  

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

Weren't there rumors too that he was abusive also?  I always wondered if that was the reason she retired after only three years.  

The first husband was no good, but I am not sure what the rumors were. I also suspected he was the reason she retired.

Immediately after the divorce, she had an abusive and stalkerish boyfriend. It sounded like absolute hell for her. I am so glad she has moved on and found happier days. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
On 7/3/2023 at 11:59 AM, TB12 said:

Oohhh when I saw her wedding TikTok’s and they would show him I would tell her off my screen.  I don’t wanna see you. I want to see them !

• Love 1