Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish

• Start Topic

Mickey kidnaps movie star Jay White and Ray has to get $3 million from Sam Winslow to get Jay back in one piece. Mickey and Bunchy plot a future for themselves. Terry steps into the ring for the first time in twenty years.

Promo:

Clip: we have a problem

Original air date: 11/18/18

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

So now Ray owes Sam $3 million plus $80K for Smitty's debt. I guess it's a good thing he has a job.

Vinnie Delpino!

I'm always in favor of Mickey getting screwed over so I loved that Sandy got away with his escape money. Of course, the selfish part of me is also bemoaning the fact that we're still stuck with Mickey (realistically, I knew that the show would not let Mickey run off to Vietnam but a girl can dream).

I totally laughed when Sam told Ray that she recommended shooting Mickey in the head. I could hear Avi agreeing with her in my head!

• Love 9

Why wasn't Jay under better security as the movie's star? Anyone could've kidnapped him, or worse.

Of course Bridget's boyfriend is into some mess. Of course.

Ray was right. Mickey was guaranteed to screw up somehow and leave Bunchy holding the bag and the poor baby.

So does Terry have a death wish now?

Why is Ray responsible for what Mickey did? Good luck getting that $3M unless Sam garnishees his wages forever.

The baseball bat of justice. Not realistic though that Ray didn't get shot.

Aways know who you fcuking with. Perhaps the theme of this entire series. They probably should've saved that song for the show finale.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So does Terry have a death wish now?

The baseball bat of justice. Not realistic though that Ray didn't get shot.

Aways know who you fcuking with. Perhaps the theme of this entire series. They probably should've saved that song for the show finale.

Terry made me sad.  Wasn’t he still coaching the potential contender last we saw?  Do we know what happened with that?

What was Ray’s  last line about the bat when they were in the car?  I replayed it a few times but too much Bahstan mumble for me.

Aunt Crazy Nun’s last scene cracked me up.  She looked like she could be Mickey’s sister, not sister-in-law.  

There was a really long look from Bridget after she met the would be mayor.  I wonder if she could tell how hot that lady is for her dad?

• Love 4

I'm surprised Bunchy got the log/fireplace joke!

Bunchy doesn't have a good track record with bags full of money. It always gets taken. 

I was hoping she crashed, car catches fire and all the money burned.

If Terry continues fighting, he will end up back to his shaking ways.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

What was Ray’s  last line about the bat when they were in the car?  I replayed it a few times but too much Bahstan mumble for me.

He said, referring to the Boston Red Sox:

"Did Carlton Fisk use fucking aluminum when he won game six?

No.  He used fucking wood."

• Love 6
6 hours ago, preeya said:

Terry pulled off a Rocky Balboa. I was waiting for a "Yo Adrienne, I did it"

No one in his family there to see his moment of triumph and they probably won't believe he did it when he tells them.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why is Ray responsible for what Mickey did? Good luck getting that $3M unless Sam garnishees his wages forever.

Ray will get it back. There's a tracker in the bag and it probably won't end well for Aunt Crazy Nun.

• Love 5

I say it every. single. season. Someone needs to kill Mickey and do it fast.

I don't feel badly for Bunchy. He made his choice, he's an adult and it's never been shown that he has mental deficits, just emotional ones. He knew better after the Marajuana raid went badly and Terry went to jail. You can't trust Mickey. Ever.

Bridget will probably pick family now over golden cancer boy. Unless, he goes into the family business. The new Avi.

Sandy will probably 1. gamble all the money away and try to blackmail Mickey or 2. She'll get pulled over for a DUI and that will lead to a whole circus back to New York and Ray's doorstep.

I want Terry to win some more. He deserves it.

• Love 2

His family members always get in trouble, at the same time, and it’s going to fall on Ray to fix everyth8ng.

That includes future son in law and now McGrath, the Staten Island cop.

I mean after what happened with the Armenians, Ray is going to bash up some loan shark backed by another big gang?

Now I can’t recall what he thought about Bridget getting engaged to Cancer Boy.  Was he for it or just accepted it, as long as it wasn’t her 11th grade teacher?

But maybe learning about his shady nature, rather than tell him to get the fuck far away from his daughter, he gives him an alibi.

Did he respect the kid for being a petty criminal?  Or just didn’t respect Bridget enough because he’d rather keep her in the dark about certain things, the way he was up to all kinds of things behind Abby’s back?  Maybe it’s partly about male chauvinism?

Ray may have to kill Doogie Howser’s little friend to save Herc.  Again.

Mickey keeps screwing up.  I was worried he was going to kill Jay more than losing the money, which he just laid out right on the table, daring Sandy to take it.

Don’t know what the deal is with Terry.  He should be making money with those Wall Street fighter wannabes.  That’s in addition to all the money he got from that boxer for his LA gym.

Not that he was ever about money but he was looking to make a big score, which is how he ended up in jail.  He thought he was going to take the money and retire to Ireland with his lover.  Well now that he has money, he could probably find a good woman.

”Never was” is how he thinks of himself.  He wants to make a name for himself fighting middle aged or AARP members in front of that crowd?  For what?

• Love 1

My stomach did a flip flop when Terry got into the ring. Like Bunchy I just don’t want to see him getting beaten. I didn’t think it would bode well especially after the locker room talk that Terry had with the other fighter “Better you than me”. I’m glad he won and was grateful that the bartender brought him 2 glasses of Guinness. It otherwise would have been a hollow victory. 

I was surprised that Cancer boy asked about wood versus aluminum. Did he think that Ray had the bat solely for the purpose of playing ball? 

The music in the final scene with Sandy driving off with her loot fit perfectly. It gave me a chuckle when I wasn’t waiting for her to get pulled over or have an accident. 

On 11/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

plus $80K for Smitty's debt

I don’t recall Ray borrowing the money for that one. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, scrb said:

Ray may have to kill Doogie Howser’s little friend to save Herc.  Again.

I may have missed it, but what is "Vinnie Delpino's" role in the missing drugs caper. He said he wasn't IAB; did he say what or who he represents? What was the purpose of the listening device attached to the badge? Is this guy a Fed or a narc?

5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

My stomach did a flip flop when Terry got into the ring. Like Bunchy I just don’t want to see him getting beaten. I didn’t think it would bode well especially after the locker room talk that Terry had with the other fighter “Better you than me”. I’m glad he won and was grateful that the bartender brought him 2 glasses of Guinness. It otherwise would have been a hollow victory. 

I was surprised that Cancer boy asked about wood versus aluminum. Did he think that Ray had the bat solely for the purpose of playing ball? 

The music in the final scene with Sandy driving off with her loot fit perfectly. It gave me a chuckle when I wasn’t waiting for her to get pulled over or have an accident. 

I don’t recall Ray borrowing the money for that one. 

He didn't. He merely told the dealer he was taking over Smitty's debt. There's is no way in hell he intends on paying it.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

Better to keep Smitty close, as long as Bridget is still enamoured with him.  Ray can use him as a street-level errand boy in return.  He has a bicycle, so that's as good as having a car in L.A.   Wanna bet he stole her "engagement" ring? 

I'd like to see somebody accidentally kill Mickey, like Bridget.  Give him a ridiculous and pointless end, instead of a glorious, urban legend style shoot-out that gets splashed all over the media.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, roughing it said:

Bridget was wearing her ring.  The mayor candidate commented on it.

Right, but I'm saying he stole it from somebody else to give to her.  :)  A Low-level thief/drug dealer doesn't usually stroll into Jared to buy a rock for his beloved.....

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, WaltersHair said:

On rewatch, Smitty called Bridget Mrs. Smith. Did they get married off camera?

I caught that too, but don’t recall any indications that they got married. He also called Ray his FIL. They might know better than wasting an episode (watching them get hitched as I don’t think many viewers are interested in Bridget).

• Love 1

I caught that too, but don’t recall any indications that they got married. He also called Ray his FIL. They might know better than wasting an episode (watching them get hitched as I don’t think many viewers are interested in Bridget)

I agree with this. And even though she told the Mayor to be she was engaged, she might still be married behind Ray's back.

At least, I hope we don't have to go through a big wedding. One scene at the courthouse is enough

• Love 1
10 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

At least, I hope we don't have to go through a big wedding. One scene at the courthouse is enough

No scenes anywhere is even better.  If they just say they are married, I'm OK with that.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, leighdear said:
21 hours ago, roughing it said:

Bridget was wearing her ring.  The mayor candidate commented on it.

Right, but I'm saying he stole it from somebody else to give to her.  :)  A Low-level thief/drug dealer doesn't usually stroll into Jared to buy a rock for his beloved.....

Oh, ok I get what you are saying.  I thought you meant he took her ring that morning to pawn it to help pay for his debt.  And I think you're right, the ring doesn't look like a typical Jared type ring.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh God why do I still watch this show? It totally stinks......Because Liev IS THE MAN!

When he walked out of that bar and told his future son in law to follow him.  Rawr!!  Yessir.  

On 11/18/2018 at 11:00 PM, mxc90 said:

I'm surprised Bunchy got the log/fireplace joke!

Bunchy doesn't have a good track record with bags full of money. It always gets taken. 

I was hoping she crashed, car catches fire and all the money burned.

If Terry continues fighting, he will end up back to his shaking ways.

All of this. I really thought w/ the drinking, the smoking, and the three-hour "glances" off the road, she would crash and the car would explode. In fact, when they faded to black, I thought we were going to hear the crash. Then they went to another scene.

Oh, Smitty. I understand giving drugs away when you thought your cancer was terminal. But, once you had the operation, you needed to leave town. And fast. Pack a knapsack, take your bike, and leave town.

I was (and still am) scared for Terry. He's risking everything for bare-knuckle street brawling. How much does that win get him? Can't be enough to risk the return of the Parkinson's. Seriously, there's only one person that Terry should hit in anger. And that's Mickey.

• Love 4

Let me tell ya, they could kill off ALL OF RAY'S FAMILY and I would be one happy camper, they could just show Ray buying tight custom made white shirts and cool black suits and an occasional fresh WOOD baseball bat and I would be totally happy.  They are a drag....Ray is too cool for them....yeah, I said it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Let me tell ya, they could kill off ALL OF RAY'S FAMILY and I would be one happy camper, they could just show Ray buying tight custom made white shirts and cool black suits and an occasional fresh WOOD baseball bat and I would be totally happy.  They are a drag....Ray is too cool for them....yeah, I said it. 

We need Lena to slouch in & give him a little attitude once in a while, in between her dinners with gorgeous models and buying new aviator shades....

• Love 4

I laughed when Ray told Bunchy he would be doing "serious time" for kidnapping Maria. Really Ray? A few episodes ago You MURDERED ANOTHER GUY. How much "serious time" would Ray do for all the murders he did? 

I love Ray, but he is seriously mentally ill. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I laughed when Ray told Bunchy he would be doing "serious time" for kidnapping Maria. Really Ray? A few episodes ago You MURDERED ANOTHER GUY. How much "serious time" would Ray do for all the murders he did? 

I love Ray, but he is seriously mentally ill. 

Well, Ray knows how to cover his tracks.

Bunchey doesn't.

And basically he clubbed a guy with a hammer and left the scene.  Even if there aren't cameras, there are witnesses who can put him in that room along with the guy he hit.

• Love 1

No surprise that Smitty turns out to be a dipshit. Bridget sure can pick them!

What happened to Bunchy's settlement money? Wasn't it over a million dollars? Did Teresa take some or all of it?

Didn't Terry have a very elaborate/complicated medical procedure that cured his pahhhkinsons? Getting smacked in the head over and over would seem to mess all that up.

Mickey is an idiot. I thought he was going to try to kill Ray as revenge for putting him in prison. Instead, it seemed he just wanted to use Ray to get $3 million. He seemed a lot more angry at Darryl than he was at Ray.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BigDfromLA said:

Mickey is an idiot. I thought he was going to try to kill Ray as revenge for putting him in prison. Instead, it seemed he just wanted to use Ray to get $3 million. He seemed a lot more angry at Darryl than he was at Ray.

Quite frankly the entire Donovan family are idiots.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BigDfromLA said:

What happened to Bunchy's settlement money? Wasn't it over a million dollars? Did Teresa take some or all of it?

I remember Bunchy buying a house with it and then he burns it down for some stupid moron Bunchy reason. Don't know if all or part of it was also the money he had in the bag that got stolen when he left it in that fast food place that got robbed. In any case, I think Bunchy pretty much lost it all some time ago.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 100Proof said:

I remember Bunchy buying a house with it and then he burns it down for some stupid moron Bunchy reason. Don't know if all or part of it was also the money he had in the bag that got stolen when he left it in that fast food place that got robbed. In any case, I think Bunchy pretty much lost it all some time ago.

They (Bunchy, Ray and Terry) got the stolen money back from the drug guy or whoever who had that disgusting house - he broke Ray’s arm and almost killed him but Terry saved the day.  Last I remember anything about the money was Bunchy saying he wanted to buy Abby’s bar from Ray (which Ray later just gave to him).

Lord knows what has happened to it since then.

Edited by TexasGal
On 11/19/2018 at 7:35 AM, Mindthinkr said:

The music in the final scene with Sandy driving off with her loot fit perfectly.

Ice Cube’s ‘Drink the Kool-Aid‘ was featured in Season 6, Episode 4, “Pudge”.

The song was heard towards the end of the episode as we see Sandy driving off into the sunset, drinking, driving and smoking with three million dollars in cash.