Type keyword(s) to search

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars in the Media

• Start Topic

On 5/26/2022 at 3:45 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

HEAVY SPOILERS all the way to the last episode. I cannot vouch for the validity. Read at your own peril.

Hide contents

Top 2 queens lip sync, unknown who wins the lip sync.

2. No one does poorly/everyone gets a good edit in terms of the challenges.

3. The queens earns stars/points this season top 2 each get a point.

4. Winner of the lip sync blocks a queen from getting a star the next episode but that queen can still win the challenge.

5. Queens earn extra stars throughout the season although it is unknown how.

6. 1st Ep is Rumix based off of mini teaser we saw

7. 11th ep is most likely talent show and spillers are saying there is extra challenges this episode making it more difficult meaning the challenge winners each receive 3 stars (although there is conflicting tea saying this was just done to push certain queens to the final (Shea)).

8. Jaida and Jinkx supposedly get into an argument, Jinkx admits she's in the wrong and gives one of her stars to Jaida (This is why Jinkx is missing a star and Jaida has an extra star).

9. Monet and Trinity have an alliance and never block each other

10. In the final episode Jaida and Trinity are tied for stars, thus Monet having the most stars splits the tie and chooses Trinity, most likely because of their alliance and Trinity has four wins.

11. Once Trinity is chosen for the top 4, The 4 eliminated queens do their own lip sync smack down for a smaller prize

12. The top 4 do a lip sync smack down, Trinity and Shea place 3rd/4th (just like in season 9 lmao), it is rumoured that the first lip sync is Monet vs Trinity (possible drama?) and Monet wins. The second lip sync is Shea vs Jinkx with Jinkx winning. Monet and Jinkx are the top 2 of AS7, both crownings were filmed, unclear if double crowning was filmed.

I wouldn't be mad about that final 2 

I heard that Alaska was disappointed not to be asked, and Violet also thought she would be asked.  I wonder if the plan is to have an edgy season with Alaska, Violet, Bob, Sharon Needles, Aquaria, Trixie and Krystal Versace from the UK.  I don't think Bianca will ever go back.  

And not sure I would want to watch that cast, but I think a lot of people would.

20 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I heard that Alaska was disappointed not to be asked, and Violet also thought she would be asked.  I wonder if the plan is to have an edgy season with Alaska, Violet, Bob, Sharon Needles, Aquaria, Trixie and Krystal Versace from the UK.  I don't think Bianca will ever go back.  

And not sure I would want to watch that cast, but I think a lot of people would.

I'm sure that's why some of these queens were not asked this time- they are being saved for the next round.  Other queens they could add in the mix are:  Chad Michaels, BeBe, Sasha, Symone, Willow, Kylie, as well as winning queens from international shows.  They have a pool of queens for quite a few seasons of Winners.  I think they will mix edgy queens with more conventional, comedy queens with look queens, etc.  

(edited)

I really don't see how Trixie could ever have time again, given her tours and businesses. She'd lose money doing the show. And probably lose.

I agree Bob is being saved for the next round.

Bianca doesn't need to worry about lip synchs. Why put herself thorough them? She'd pass on the show.

Violet's reputation is starting to suffer. She may not be wanted back.

I could see Willow, Kylie, Bebe, Sharon, Symone, Bob, Aquaria, Alaska and...whoever as season two of this incarnation.

I really want a season of "almost winners" : Shangela, Manilla, Raven, Juju, Kennedy, Katya, Willem...imagine?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really don't see how Trixie could ever have time again, given her tours and businesses. She'd lose money doing the show. And probably lose.

I agree Bob is being saved for the next round.

Bianca doesn't need to worry about lip synchs. Why put herself thorough them? She'd pass on the show.

Violet's reputation is starting to suffer. She may not be wanted back.

I could see Willow, Kylie, Bebe, Sharon, Symone, Bob, Aquaria, Alaska and...whoever as season two of this incarnation.

I really want a season of "almost winners" : Shangela, Manilla, Raven, Juju, Kennedy, Katya, Willem...imagine?

I was just thinking about a season of that type last week - include Vangie, Gigi, Jackie.  Not crazy about Shangela - she's had so many opportunities and has that HBO show with Eureka and Bob now.  I like Bob, don't care for Eureka.  Thought Willem was persona non grata.  Would Adore agree to be on another show?

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm sure that's why some of these queens were not asked this time- they are being saved for the next round.  Other queens they could add in the mix are:  Chad Michaels, BeBe, Sasha, Symone, Willow, Kylie, as well as winning queens from international shows.  They have a pool of queens for quite a few seasons of Winners.  I think they will mix edgy queens with more conventional, comedy queens with look queens, etc.  

Chad Michaels and Tyra were both asked to appear on this season, and said no; no one else was approached.  The tea I've heard is that Alaska wasn't asked because of her association/work with Willam, who is blacklisted by the producers.  I think it's a shame that Sasha and Shea weren't cast together, but I can live with Alaska and Jinx being on desperate seasons.  Having Alaska, Sharon (if she wasn't cancelled for being a nazi predator) and Chad all on the same season would make for a fuckton of drama, but isn't likely to happen.   I think they can make great casts for many more seasons, and include more international winners as well.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2022 at 12:25 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I really don't see how Trixie could ever have time again, given her tours and businesses. She'd lose money doing the show.

This is the reason Bianca has given for not wanting to do AS in several recentish interviews.

• Love 1

I can't remember where but I heard Alaska is blacklisted, Sharon is persona non grata (I don't keep up with the Ru-niverse but something about having pissed off fans), Bianca and Trixie don't need the exposure of being on the show...

On the "almost wins" I would hope they would bring back my sentimental favorite Alyssa Edwards.  Gotta love a girl from my home town of Mesquite!

• Like 1
On 6/16/2022 at 12:43 AM, Rai said:

The All-Stars 7 cast did a collab with Vogue to recreate vintage covers, and I love them all, even the more abstract ones.

Why isn't THIS a challenge on the show? I guess we wouldn't want to lose the spot set aside for another "hilarious" "Ru" "Sical."

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Christine said:

The photo of Oprah - how touched up is that?  

To be fair, during her 2nd weight loss period she was at her fittest then. But even I remembered people side-eyeing that cover because of the ridiculous photoshop job.

Raja and Yvie are my top two Vogue covers.

• Love 1

Honestly I don't think Jada's cover is even close to the one she is supposedly emulating.  She just did Jada in her own spectacular beautiful way but I don't feel it met the requirements of the shoot.  I think Yvie is stunning and I actually think The Viv's is great.  

The Vivienne (I’m sure it’s her, but the credit isn’t showing on IMDb) has a part on this week’s episode of This is Going to Hurt (AMC+). She plays the doorperson for a gay club, and has a nice scene with the lead, Ben Whishaw. 

This isn't exactly a media post, but I wasn't sure where also to post it. My fantasy concept for an All-Stars line-up would be SECOND-PLACE QUEENS! I put together a list based on the following criteria:

1. Original recipe DR queens who were clearly the second place contenders and who did not win their All-Stars season

2. In the event a second-place queen has won all-stars, a third-place queen can take the spot instead

3. Totally cool with using queens from other franchises, but I stuck to original recipe queens for my line-up

Season 1 -- Nina Flowers

Season 2 -- Raven

Season 3 -- Manilla Luzon

Season 4 -- Tricky because Chad Michaels won the first All-Stars, but I can't imagine Phi Phi O'Hara wanting to return?

Season 5 -- Since Alaska is now a winner, looks like Roxy Andrews.

Season 6 -- Courtney Act since Adore tapped out of All-Stars early

Season 7 -- Ginger Minge was the clear second-place runner, but she's been on a lot. On the other hand: Pearl. Ginger it is!

Season 8 -- Kim Chi (no clear second-place queen, and Naomi has already done all-stars)

Season 9 -- Peppermint

Season 10 -- Tricky again because Eurkea just had an all-star shot. Kameron Michaels would be a twist though. Asia O'Hara is my bae, but I don't think she'd be into returning.

Season 11 -- Brooklyn Hytes. Would a judge compete again? If not, well, uh. Silky again, I guess.

Season 12 -- Gigi Goode was probably the second-place queen, but I wouldn't say no to more Crystal Methyd

Season 13 -- Kandy Muse. Wouldn't say no to Gottmik though.

Season 14 -- Lady Camden!

A season of Nina Flowers, Raven, Manilla, Phi Phi (why not), Roxy Andrews without her clique, Courtney Act, Ginger Minge, Kim Chi, Peppermint, Kameron Michaels, Brooklyn, Gigi Goode, Kandy Muse, and Lady Camden. I would live.

• Love 1
(edited)

I said it before and I’ll say it again the need a 2nd chance all stars season of drag race and bring back queens who got kicked off first in their seasons to give them a RUdemption and a 2nd chance to show the world what they got.

if you can bring back the same queens 5 times why not someone who was only on for ONE episode? 

i mean It’s fresh we never got to see what the queens could actually do because they were gone so quickly 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again the need a 2nd chance all stars season of drag race and bring back queens who got kicked off first in their seasons to give them a RUdemption and a 2nd chance to show the world what they got.

if you can bring back the same queens 5 times why not someone who was only on for ONE episode? 

i mean It’s fresh we never got to see what the queens could actually do because they were gone so quickly 

I see Kelly Mantle is now showing up with Trixie and Katya at some shows, and I wish Iveeeeee Winters would come back. Is it me or does Jinxx's husband bear a bit of a resemblance to Ivy?

• Love 1
On 7/30/2022 at 7:43 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I admit I had a similar idea as well (and wasn't sure where to put it). It could be good to follow up the recent All Star All Stars season with a "Ru Paul's No Stars Drag Race" with all the queens who were 1 and done. 

• Like 1
On 8/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, Taeolas said:

I admit I had a similar idea as well (and wasn't sure where to put it). It could be good to follow up the recent All Star All Stars season with a "Ru Paul's No Stars Drag Race" with all the queens who were 1 and done. 

Does that mean we have to see Shangela and Vanjie again, though?  Because they’re hardly “one and done” queens.

(edited)

Not sure where best to toss this; but never one to miss the chance for stunt casting, Jimbo (and Family) were on Family Feud Canada last week. What's interesting is it wasn't a celebrity casting; Jimbo's family were legit (as far as I can tell) and against a normal family.  

Jimbo did call out appearing on the various Drag race shows. 

For Canadians, it's up on CBC Gem. (S5. 88)

Spoiler

They not only won their first ep, they won the next two eps so they were retired as 3 day champs. 

Jimbo's outfits were, (as you might expect) borderline acceptable for a dinner time CBC show. :) 

Edited by Taeolas
  • Like 1