Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rai

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars in the Media

LOCAS! 

We always say never again, and yet. And yet. This is a really interesting all-stars cast. Not the least because there are only two white queens. And one out trans queen. And my favorite commentator, the glorious Jasmine Masters.

https://ew.com/tv/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-4-cast/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-button-sharing

Also really happy to see some all-stars who didn't get a good season AT ALL back in the mix.

Discuss.

Edited by Rai
  • Like 1

I am excited for this cast. I think that Latrice and Manila are the only ones with a real chance to win, because they have achieved that almost mythical level of notoriety from the franchise that is required to be in the Hall of Fame.

• Like 3

I think this is a weak cast overall, and features too many queens from the last two seasons who haven't had the time to grow and change yet.  I was hoping for Ongina, Jessica Wild, Mariah...and while I'm rooting for the return of Latrilla, I'm not holding my breath about this being better then the other All-Stars seasons.

Not sure if this is the right place for this: Trinity alert! There's a Botched marathon on E! channel today, the show is about these two plastic surgeons I think in LA try to fix botched plastic surgery jobs, some genetic things, etc. Detox was on it I think earlier this year. Tomorrow at 9 pm EST is a new episode that has a teaser including Trinity, whom I think wants even bigger lips ?!

On 1/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this: Trinity alert! There's a Botched marathon on E! channel today, the show is about these two plastic surgeons I think in LA try to fix botched plastic surgery jobs, some genetic things, etc. Detox was on it I think earlier this year. Tomorrow at 9 pm EST is a new episode that has a teaser including Trinity, whom I think wants even bigger lips ?!

It was actually because Trinity's back alley lip filler had started to develop silicone granulomas, but Trinity eventually wanted bigger lips. I've always thought that Trinity's plastic surgery is some of the worst ever seen on Drag Race. It's all awful and out of proportion. The docs clocked Kimora Blac's cheekbones, but Kimora is Vietnamese so the cheekbones might be real.

• Like 1

Thank you for the explanation re Trinity & why she was on Botched.

I had honestly totally forgotten about Kimora and the fact she was ever on Drag Race. Whoops. LOL

15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

AWW, MANILA! I like her even more now! How was that in "bad taste" (especially after that explanation she gave)???

The producers are a bunch of wimps. Like somebody said in the comments there, such a dude reaction not to allow that. 

• Like 6

Also, the theme was "pad"ing. Come on!

The way Michelle scolds the queens for not padding or cinching, I'm surprised she's never said a word about omitting the breasts.

Flat-chested is not my favorite look, tbh. It used to be a personal statement, I think, when an iconoclast like Raja did it, but now it can just come off as lazy and not wanting to bother.

I can hear them now telling me, "Fuck my drag."

Edited by 2727
  • Like 2

Valentina makes her debut as Angel in the ‘live’ version of RENT. Scroll down to the last part of the article on D-Listed. Guess she should’ve lip synced for her life!

Valentina was definitely the weakest link in that production. Pretty only gets you so far.

• Like 3

Ms. Monet has some things to say.

I'm really annoyed at the amount of racism that's been visibly rising in the RPDR fandom. Like. Do you not know the actual host is Black? Do you not know the history of drag and ballroom culture? Clearly they don't, and sometimes, I wonder if this segment of fandom is even from the LGBTQ community, or if it's just stupid teens inserting themselves. But then again, there's a lot of racism in the community, so...all I know is that I'm grateful to learn more about people and communities that I don't necessarily know well in my day-to-day life, and I'm appalled that the finale just opened Monet up to more criticism as opposed to celebration.

• Like 4

While I don’t think Monét was top tier for All Stars 4, she is overall talented and I support her continued success. It’s a shame she has to get shaded by the organizers for dropping the Haters Roast for a Madonna music video. I mean, hello...that’s the kind of opportunity any drag queen should aspire for!

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture//culture/119195/monet-x-change-cancels-show-to-star-in-new-madonna-music-video/

• Like 2

Did anyone watch Drag Me Down the Aisle on TLC Saturday night?  Thorgy, Bebe, Juju, Alexis helped a plain Jane bride plan her wedding.   If you can catch it by all means do so!!  The bride's father was conservative and she was afraid he wouldn't approve of her having drag queens at her wedding so she asked if Thorgy would be willing to not dress in drag to meet with her father to discuss music.  Thorgy agreed because it was about the bride.  What a wonderful segment that was.