Type keyword(s) to search

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars in the Media

• Start Topic

LOCAS! 

We always say never again, and yet. And yet. This is a really interesting all-stars cast. Not the least because there are only two white queens. And one out trans queen. And my favorite commentator, the glorious Jasmine Masters.

https://ew.com/tv/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-4-cast/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-button-sharing

Also really happy to see some all-stars who didn't get a good season AT ALL back in the mix.

Discuss.

Edited by Rai
  • Love 1

I am excited for this cast. I think that Latrice and Manila are the only ones with a real chance to win, because they have achieved that almost mythical level of notoriety from the franchise that is required to be in the Hall of Fame.

• Love 3

I think this is a weak cast overall, and features too many queens from the last two seasons who haven't had the time to grow and change yet.  I was hoping for Ongina, Jessica Wild, Mariah...and while I'm rooting for the return of Latrilla, I'm not holding my breath about this being better then the other All-Stars seasons.

Not sure if this is the right place for this: Trinity alert! There's a Botched marathon on E! channel today, the show is about these two plastic surgeons I think in LA try to fix botched plastic surgery jobs, some genetic things, etc. Detox was on it I think earlier this year. Tomorrow at 9 pm EST is a new episode that has a teaser including Trinity, whom I think wants even bigger lips ?!

On 1/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this: Trinity alert! There's a Botched marathon on E! channel today, the show is about these two plastic surgeons I think in LA try to fix botched plastic surgery jobs, some genetic things, etc. Detox was on it I think earlier this year. Tomorrow at 9 pm EST is a new episode that has a teaser including Trinity, whom I think wants even bigger lips ?!

It was actually because Trinity's back alley lip filler had started to develop silicone granulomas, but Trinity eventually wanted bigger lips. I've always thought that Trinity's plastic surgery is some of the worst ever seen on Drag Race. It's all awful and out of proportion. The docs clocked Kimora Blac's cheekbones, but Kimora is Vietnamese so the cheekbones might be real.

• Love 1

Also, the theme was "pad"ing. Come on!

The way Michelle scolds the queens for not padding or cinching, I'm surprised she's never said a word about omitting the breasts.

Flat-chested is not my favorite look, tbh. It used to be a personal statement, I think, when an iconoclast like Raja did it, but now it can just come off as lazy and not wanting to bother.

I can hear them now telling me, "Fuck my drag."

Edited by 2727
  • Love 2

Ms. Monet has some things to say.

I'm really annoyed at the amount of racism that's been visibly rising in the RPDR fandom. Like. Do you not know the actual host is Black? Do you not know the history of drag and ballroom culture? Clearly they don't, and sometimes, I wonder if this segment of fandom is even from the LGBTQ community, or if it's just stupid teens inserting themselves. But then again, there's a lot of racism in the community, so...all I know is that I'm grateful to learn more about people and communities that I don't necessarily know well in my day-to-day life, and I'm appalled that the finale just opened Monet up to more criticism as opposed to celebration.

• Love 4

While I don’t think Monét was top tier for All Stars 4, she is overall talented and I support her continued success. It’s a shame she has to get shaded by the organizers for dropping the Haters Roast for a Madonna music video. I mean, hello...that’s the kind of opportunity any drag queen should aspire for!

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture//culture/119195/monet-x-change-cancels-show-to-star-in-new-madonna-music-video/

• Love 2

Did anyone watch Drag Me Down the Aisle on TLC Saturday night?  Thorgy, Bebe, Juju, Alexis helped a plain Jane bride plan her wedding.   If you can catch it by all means do so!!  The bride's father was conservative and she was afraid he wouldn't approve of her having drag queens at her wedding so she asked if Thorgy would be willing to not dress in drag to meet with her father to discuss music.  Thorgy agreed because it was about the bride.  What a wonderful segment that was.

I think it's terrible. I would be okay with it being Showtime first, and then after it's aired there showing on VH1, but premium channels just aren't in the budget for me. Instead of growing Showtime's subscribers, I think it's just going to piss off the Drag Race audience.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, 853fisher said:

The cast has been announced for Season 5.  I think it certainly has great potential.  It will also not be on Showtime, which I think is the right choice.

I'm very happy about this. I wonder if it's why they are blowing through Celebrity  Drag Race now, since they may have planned it for VH1 while All Stars was on Showtime, so VH1-only viewers would still have something new.

7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I see 10 names announced.  I hope that means there is room for a couple from the current season.   

Taping has been completed, so I think we will have to wait for a future cycle. 🙂

I'm glad it won't be on Showtime. Also, great line-up! I'm team Jujubee, Ongina, or Miz Cracker, but Shea Coulee and Alexis Mateo can jump up into that top pretty easily. I keep wondering if I'm over the All-Stars format, and then they pull me back in. Excited!

• Love 1

They've got some heavy hitters this time out, and I am here for it!

After this season, I'm pretty much just missing Trinity K. Bonet and Nicole Paige Brooks (yes, I said it!) from my dream all-star list.

• Love 1

Here's the line up of contestants for series 5

Taking part in the new season of All Stars are:

Alexis Mateo, Season 3 3rd place and All Stars 1 joint 5th place

Blair St. Clair, Season 10 9th place

Derrick Barry, Season 5 5th place

India Ferrah, Season 3 10th place

Jujubee, Season 2 3rd place and All Stars 1 joint 3rd place

Mariah, Season 3 9th place

Mayhem Miller, Season 10 10th place

Miz Cracker, Season 10 5th place

Ongina, Season 1 5th place

Shea Coulee, Season 9 joint 3rdRuPauls-Drag-Race.thumb.jpg.9eb1e251e860be065ed21794e5c600f2.jpg

RuPaul's Drag Race Announces First International All Star Edition

For the first time in RuPaul’s Drag Race herstory, queens from different international franchises will face off against one another in the ultimate global smackdown for superstardom.

“Nine international members of RuPaul’s Drag Race royal alumni will battle it out for the crown in the brand new series RuPaul’s Drag Race UK Versus The World,” reads the new series’ official logline. “With the UK as the host nation, renowned queens from different franchises and cultures will compete in an international arena showcasing their country’s finest drag in their bid to become the ultimate Drag Race Superstar.”

Though nothing has been confirmed, the Drag Race UK alumni could presumably be competing against any queen from any previous season of Drag Race, Canada’s Drag Race, or the myriad other versions — even Drag Race Down Under.

Joining RuPaul on the judges panel are Michelle Visage, Graham Norton, Alan Carr and a “sparkling array of superstar guest judges.”

RuPaul's Drag Race UK Vs. the World: International All Star Cast Revealed

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK Versus the World, the first global all-star edition of the long-running franchise, will premiere Stateside on WOW Presents Plus on Tuesday, Feb. 1 at 4/3c, day-and-date with the show’s BBC airing.

What’s more, we finally know which nine familiars will be competing to become “Queen of the Mothertucking World”: two U.S. favorites, three badass Brits, a pair of Canadian sweethearts, one of Holland’s finest, and a Bangkok-based hostess who’s finally experiencing things from the other side of the judges’ panel.

Speaking of the panel, RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Alan Carr, and Graham Norton have regular seats at the table. They’ll be joined by a rotating line-up of guest judges, including Melanie C, Jade Thirlwall, Clara Amfo, Daisy May Cooper, Jonathan Bailey and Michelle Keegan. Johannes Radebe and Katie Price will also make special appearances.

16 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

I'll watch!  I'm most interested in seeing how Baga, Jimbo, and Mo Heart have grown.   A Baga win would be great, but I wouldn't be surprised if RuPaul brought Mo and Jujubee back to crown one of them.

I'm not looking forward to Jujubee.  Not including guest appearances she's already been on one regular season, 2 Allstars and Queen of the Universe.   Queen has to be tired!

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Season 7 cast announced.  Everyone either won their season, won a previous All Stars season or both.  
https://ew.com/tv/rupauls-drag-race-all-winners-season-cast-revealed-all-stars-7/

eta.  There is a 4 episode count down to all stars series!?!

I was excited about this when I saw it on IG.  Not so much after seeing the cast.  Way more "All Star" winners than actual winners (at least the most undeserving winner ever, Trixie Mattel, isn't there, which is actually surprising), and some of the more forgettable or underwhelming winners.  

Jinx is the single standout here to  me.  I know Raja stormed a blazing path through the competition in her season, but things have changed a lot since those days.  It would be interesting to see how she adapts and changes (if she does).

Still not enough to get me to pay for the streaming.  Adding a few Chad, Bianca or Violet caliber winners might have done it, but not this bunch.

Just now, Sile said:

Edited by Sile

I'm stoked to see Jaida Essence Hall be part of this. Since she became Queen right when lockdown started on the pandemic, she really got the least amount of opportunities Drag Race winners normally get. And she's truly one of my favorites too. Yvie Oddly is another fave (and homestate gal rep!), so I'm glad she's on too. She will probably bring some drama.

Raja is one of those queen of queens for me. She's an icon and a legend -- but Jaida Essence Hall is the moment, y'all.

• Love 1

I'm okay with this because I like everyone of them. To varying degrees of course, and I would love to see Bob/Bianca/Violet/Chad, but there is no one I'm instinctually set to hit "mute" on. And unless Ru goes on another spree of one elimination every three or so episodes, it should be a short enough season that I won't be bored by the end.

• Love 1

I'm thrilled to see Jinkx again and her entrance line made me laugh out loud.

This seems like a likeable mix of queens; I just hope my faves stick around [always the risk in an All Stars season]. I probably would have bumped The Vivienne for Sasha Velour or Sharon Needles but I think this'll be a fun watch. Looking forward to it. 

• Love 2

Evie won the first season of Drag Race I watched (and yes I have gone back and now watched them all) so I'm rooting for her - plus I think she's just as beautiful out of drag as she is in...LOL!  Good group but it seems a little small - are All Stars seasons always this small of a cast?

I couldn't watch Drag Race this season because it was on VH1 and none of my streaming platforms show that (and I pay for way too man) so I'm glad it is on Paramount Plus.

• Love 2

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 7 Trailer: Cameron Diaz, Naomi Campbell and More Special Guests Revealed

The Season 7 trailer has arrived, revealing a star-studded assemblage of guests: Cameron Diaz, Daphne Guinness, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman, Nikki Glaser, Tove Lo, Betsey Johnson, Janicza Bravo, Ben Platt, Ronan Farrow and Hannah Einbinder.

We can also expect special appearances from supermodel Naomi Campbell, Wheel of Fortune icon Vanna White and Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

In a PopBuzz interview Jinkx suggested a picked pair season of Allstars.

She named the following pairs:

Jinkx and Dela

Bob & Monet

Trixie and Katya

I'd add a few that I'd add

Kim and Naomi

Alaska and Willem

Bianca and Adore

Shea and Sasha

Violet and Pearl

HEAVY SPOILERS all the way to the last episode. I cannot vouch for the validity. Read at your own peril.

Spoiler

Top 2 queens lip sync, unknown who wins the lip sync.

2. No one does poorly/everyone gets a good edit in terms of the challenges.

3. The queens earns stars/points this season top 2 each get a point.

4. Winner of the lip sync blocks a queen from getting a star the next episode but that queen can still win the challenge.

5. Queens earn extra stars throughout the season although it is unknown how.

6. 1st Ep is Rumix based off of mini teaser we saw

7. 11th ep is most likely talent show and spillers are saying there is extra challenges this episode making it more difficult meaning the challenge winners each receive 3 stars (although there is conflicting tea saying this was just done to push certain queens to the final (Shea)).

8. Jaida and Jinkx supposedly get into an argument, Jinkx admits she's in the wrong and gives one of her stars to Jaida (This is why Jinkx is missing a star and Jaida has an extra star).

9. Monet and Trinity have an alliance and never block each other

10. In the final episode Jaida and Trinity are tied for stars, thus Monet having the most stars splits the tie and chooses Trinity, most likely because of their alliance and Trinity has four wins.

11. Once Trinity is chosen for the top 4, The 4 eliminated queens do their own lip sync smack down for a smaller prize

12. The top 4 do a lip sync smack down, Trinity and Shea place 3rd/4th (just like in season 9 lmao), it is rumoured that the first lip sync is Monet vs Trinity (possible drama?) and Monet wins. The second lip sync is Shea vs Jinkx with Jinkx winning. Monet and Jinkx are the top 2 of AS7, both crownings were filmed, unclear if double crowning was filmed.