Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/5/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I'm writing ABC to tell them that I am making note of their advertisers so that I can advise them that I will not buy anything they sell if Meghan's unprofessional, infantile screech-fests continue.

I think this will have more of an impact than we don't like the way MM behaves.  It shows we are watching.  That's what they want, remember, bad attention is better than no attention.  If we stop watching ratings will go down.  Hardly likely, I know, but I have always thought the producers etc. like a little controversy.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

She's so cemented in being a conservative Republican that she can't even conceive of supporting a Democrat, even if she hates Trump.

She has said this in so many words (THAT is an understatement!) many, many times.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I was still thinking about how pissy Meghan was over the fact that the senate race in AZ isn't settled yet. 

Didn't she say "my senator"?   I thought she lived (and voted) in New York.   Is she a legal resident of Arizona and votes there?  Anyone know?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Hey I'm a middle aged woman and I don't dress like Meghan.  LOL  If wardrobe chooses what she wears they must hate her.  If Meghan chooses what she wears she must be blind.

But today...TODAY Ah-bee looked silly too.  What's with that slithery/silvery skirt?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I was still thinking about how pissy Meghan was over the fact that the senate race in AZ isn't settled yet. 

Didn't she say "my senator"?   I thought she lived (and voted) in New York.   Is she a legal resident of Arizona and votes there?  Anyone know?

When I heard her say this, I so wanted Ana to ask her in which state she is registered to vote.  Earlier this week Megan stated that she and her husband have residence in NY and DC.  Does she also have a residence in AZ or does she use her parent's home as a residence and she votes absentee?  What if Meghan has been committing voter fraud?

• Love 17

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but:  It seemed like NutMeg was loaded for bear without Whoopie to keep her in line.  Apparently she doesn't respect Joy enough to let her lead the panel.  MM high-jacked the entire show today (I assume; I left after 30 minutes.  Could not handle it.)  She really let it rip today, so it seems that WG is the only one she's 'afraid of'. 

• Love 11

How could I have forgotten so soon the absurdity and irony of MM"s 2020 comment?  Really, Meghan?  "EVERY Democrat" will be running?  "There will be, like, 30 of them up on the stage!  <eye roll, head flip>"

Edited by Tunia
(Partial re-post with MM direct quote only.)
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Meghan acted like she'd had a couple of stiff drinks before today's show

Well, she may have been hungover. She posted this on Instagram. 

C647E55B-9576-47C9-8F74-B85A81AB001C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

My posts have been disappearing for the last few days so I'm not sure how long this will be here, but, I too just complained about Meghan to ABC.  She's become completely unhinged.

I also sent them a message. This has gone on far too long.

• Love 5

There could be a democratic candidate who perfectly aligned with Meghan's beliefs running against a Republican who didn't support Meghan's beliefs and she would still vote red.  It's all about her team winning.  I'm not even sure she could articulate what her beliefs are.   Other than she is a patriot.  The best patriot ever and something about something and veterans and middle of the country and second amendment.  

2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

For a second I thought that was her mom.

• Love 7

I'm kind of glad I didn't watch this week!  Just reading about a certain "tribe member" and her behavior makes it a plus.

Actually, the show was pre-empted here on Wednesday due to the shooting at the western bar - it had to be eight hours of coverage. Then on Thursday and Friday due to continuous coverage of the fires.

Did they discuss any of those two?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

I just wonder how many of us here write ABC directly? Will it ever make a difference? I read somewhere Nicole Wallace (whose show I watch everyday) said she was fired because she was not confrontational enough. Does ABC want her to act this bad?

I get it that ABC wants the View to have spice, sparks and make a splash on the talk show landscape.  That is in the reality show constitution.  Nicole was too gathered up and Meghan is a bag of scraps.  There is a happy medium in there but is that what ABC wants?  I don't think so. 

I don't think sending ABC feedback does anything much.  Social media takes the temperature not network feedback sites.  They exist to make us feel we have a say.  I think all the comment are dumped, especially in a show focused on politics.  There will always be outrage from both sides. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Did you hear Meghan's smart ass remark about Beto O'Rourke possibly running in 2020? "Win your own state first."

Everyone knew it would be an uphill battle in Texas. The fact that Beto O'Rourke made it as far as he did is impressive. Plus, they flipped four influential judiciary state appeals courts. Meghan, if you ever read these forums, you're a whiny know-it-all idiot and I can't fucking stand you.

Plus, 19 Black women were elected as judges in Harris County alone (Houston) as a result of Beto driving the ballot. Good news. All politics is indeed local.

• Love 16

okay I am now three gin and tonics in and and watch this scream fest. Blaughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  YOU GUYS ARE ON FIRE TODAY AND I LOVE YOU ONE AND ALL!!! Gotta get me a little american flag to put in my very very English drink. Bye.  burp.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She fancies herself a wild one and ohhh sooo cool.  Alcoholics hide their drinking and don't brag about it as a rule.  She talks about her wild self too much.  She is a wannabe something.  I am not sure but oooooof, who the fuck cares.  

Just now, atlantaloves said:

okay I am now three gin and tonics in and and watch this scream fest. Blaughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  YOU GUYS ARE ON FIRE TODAY AND I LOVE YOU ONE AND ALL!!! Gotta get me a little american flag to put in my very very English drink. Bye.  burp.

Love you girl!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but:  It seemed like NutMeg was loaded for bear without Whoopie to keep her in line.  Apparently she doesn't respect Joy enough to let her lead the panel.  MM high-jacked the entire show today (I assume; I left after 30 minutes.  Could not handle it.)  She really let it rip today, so it seems that WG is the only one she's 'afraid of'. 

Joy typically does a better job of moderating on Fridays.  Got me wondering if producers have asked her to be softer with MM, since she's (justifiably) gotten pretty sharp with MM a few times these past couple of weeks.   Or better yet, Joy is purposely letting MM self destruct on air.   MM is coming off very manic.  Giving what's she's been dealing with, I'm wondering if their are some meds that need adjusting going on.   

4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I also take issue with Meghan dismissing Joy and Sunny's point about nominating more minorities and women as "identity politics," saying "why don't we just nominate people who are the most qualified?" 

Her white privilege is on full display with comments like this. Common sense should tell Meghan that obviously Sunny and Joy mean qualified minorities and women. The point is we need more elected officials that reflect changing demographics and thankfully many of them won on election night.

The most qualified person is rarely nominated.  MM knows that.  The decision is always political.  I'm not sure why MM thinks that nominating someone because they appeal to a specific region of the country or a specific socio-economic group is fine and not identity politics.  But nominating someone because they appeal to a specific gender, sexual identity, or race is somehow bad.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Gotta get me a little american flag to put in my very very English drink.

Well now you're just going to give MMM more ideas!  LOL.  She apparently has flags everywhere else, so that's her next logical step, and at the rate she drinks, she'll be drowning in flags in no time.

Cheers!

• Love 7

Wonder who told Joy she was being mean?   It was obviously a joke about who would get divorced first.  My pick is the Trumps.   I have not really minded Abby until today.  She was being a little too judgmental JMHO.  She doesn’t talk about people’s marrriage, she can’t judge that.  It just seemed like she was putting down joys toics.   

• Love 6
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Can someone please explain what "oppo" means?  I'm guessing that Meghan's word of the day - I think she said it about 15 times in 60 seconds.

@njbchlover, Oppo usually means opposition research. It's what campaigns do to get negative information on the opposing candidate. (Think Don, Jr.,but legal).  Anyway, I couldn't figure out in what context Meghan was using it in regard to Kelly Ann and her husband. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I also sent them a message. This has gone on far too long.

Does it appear to anyone else that this woman with Big Meg is trying to send us a message that she wants to be rescued?   Why would she be there voluntarily?  Maybe we should send help.

• Love 4

This thread is being locked while we sort out all of the off topic posts made about John McCain—a man who, to the best of our recollection, did not appear on today's show.

Warnings will be issued.