Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Crash Course

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

This episode was okay but I know its a show but I think they need to make it just a tad more realistic. I don't believe that cops mess up cars so much as Nolan has. I'm still trying to figure out the characters though other than Nolan. 

I think Lucy just got bored with that guy even though her TO just seemed to be a jerk. 

West pretty much got his ass saved and I am not sure a Captain would have let that go like that. 

I think a problem with this show is, well...basically the same problem Castle ended up having: The show cannot decide what it wants to be, a lighter dramedy or more by-the-book and more "real". The mix caused issues before and it seems to be happening again.

Perhaps someone other that Alexi Hawley should have been show runner. But the ratings going fractional so quickly don't inspire confidence, either. Of course, ratings and successes and failures in terms of numbers was different even 2 or 3 years ago versus now. But 0.8 for the second episode) is problematic, unless you are a Friday show.

I have seen where the idea is to move it, but I can't imagine to what night or time slot. One argument that cannot be made is lack of promotion as this had that out the wazoo. I think the show's future will depend on how expensive it is to produce. It may help since this is another ABC Studios, meaning, in-house property. But this cannot afford to go much lower. If I recall, about 3 years ago, Wicked City had this slot and got as low as 0.4 and was pulled only 3 or so episodes in. I hope this show doesn't suffer a similar fate.

But, if it does, Nathan Fillion will bounce back. He has been down this road many times before he landed Castle, and he has Sci-Fi popularity to sustain him, too.

3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Other than his run in with the guys who beeped in the pilot-- which he played off as a training exercise/ mind game-- has he done anything else racist? He's definitely a piece of work, but I got the sense that he's doing/ saying most of what he's doing/ saying to test Lucy, not because it's his true personality. In the couple of scenes we've gotten where he's with the other training officers (both of whom are women of color, and both of whom seem to be friends with him), he seems gruff, insightful, and not particularly awful.

And let's not forget that Training Officer D!ckhead is totally fluent in Spanish.

• Love 2

I agree that TO Dickhead isn't racist. I also think that Lucy would have failed the test no matter what she did. If she actually translated what he said word-for-word he'd ask why she did it. That's opening up the force to a huge lawsuit, especially if they made an arrest.

As for the Lucy-Nolan affair, only one thing about it bothers me, and it's not the age difference. They're both rookies, so it's no power differential. Same amount of time on the job. And, if we take Nolan as 40-ish (at most two years older), and say that Lucy is in her late 20s, that's about a 15-year gap. Not completely outrageous. The problem for me is that they're in the same station. When the inevitable problems begin, it will be for The Drama. I don't want to have to watch Lucy or Nolan putting many cops at risk b/c the other one is in danger so they ignore orders and all their academy and TO training.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2018 at 11:12 PM, AnimeMania said:

A police uniform takes the sex appeal right out of any woman regardless of how sexy she is.

There are a ton of people who would change "takes" to "adds to".  

On 10/24/2018 at 8:18 PM, chaifan said:

It wasn't so much relationship advice as it was career advice. 

That was my beloief, as well.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:39 AM, juliet73 said:

She always sounds so condescending.   

Here, she's meant to be -- all the TOs are condescending to their Boots.  (My favorite comment of hers was when NF asked her if she was going act like the two detectives when she got promoted and her response was "Hell yeah!"  LOL) 

• Love 7
On 10/25/2018 at 7:58 PM, TWP said:

I think Lucy and the racist TO will hook up and he'll decide he isn't so racist ;-). Hate is akin to love, you know.

TO dickhead is soooo weird and creepy. First I think he is into Lucy and eventually Nolan and her will break up and she will be with TO dickhead and Nolan will be with the captain.  But TO dickhead follows her on her day off AND makes sure she is placed with a TO that will make him look good?  Geeze... 

Otherwise none of the other subplots were interesting at all. 

• Love 1

West's sudden jump from lack of confidence/courage to mister badass in two episodes had the same leap as when Lee Adama dropped all that weight and went to super ripped in BSG.

Would have loved to see the other cops (standing outside the church) get reprimanded from the captain for not assisting the two going inside to take on an unstable person.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BooBear said:

But TO dickhead follows her on her day off

When did he follow her on her day off? He ran into her when he was off (on medical leave), and granted that was because he knew she'd be there (because the slug TO always drops his trainees there while he went home), but I didn't find that overly creepy, at least not in TV-land, where co-workers pretty much always have far less boundaries than in reality. I don't see them forecasting any kind of romantic relationship.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

When did he follow her on her day off? He ran into her when he was off (on medical leave), and granted that was because he knew she'd be there (because the slug TO always drops his trainees there while he went home), but I didn't find that overly creepy, at least not in TV-land, where co-workers pretty much always have far less boundaries than in reality. I don't see them forecasting any kind of romantic relationship.

LA is a big place. No way I buy that they just ran into each other. He also had to go at exactly the right time. HE is just wayyyy too interested in her after getting out of the hospital. 

• Love 3

Sorry, did not mean to imply "ran into her" as in completely random. He knew she would be there because that was where the TO would leave her, and presumably he knew when their lunch break was, too. That said, him choosing to check in with her at lunch did not read as either particularly creepy or romantic to me. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, BooBear said:

LA is a big place. No way I buy that they just ran into each other. He also had to go at exactly the right time. HE is just wayyyy too interested in her after getting out of the hospital. 

As well as spend the hours on the road from whatever suburb he calls home to get to Mid Wilshire. But then I was rolling my eyes at the thought that the sub TO actually lived on his beat.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Raja said:

As well as spend the hours on the road from whatever suburb he calls home to get to Mid Wilshire. But then I was rolling my eyes at the thought that the sub TO actually lived on his beat.

I think you guys are reading way too much into this. Bradford strikes me as a guy who doesn’t like to sit around and who has no life outside his job. His drug addict wife left him and he has no kids. He was probably bored and itching to get back to work. He had nothing better to do than check up on his rookie. And he’s a control freak. 

And of course the sub TO lived in his beat, how else would he have time to go home at lunch and eat Mac and cheese in his undies lol. 

• Love 11

I think this show is ok. I'm still waiting for it to grab me, which it hasn't yet. I get that will take some time for characters to grow on me.  But I still see zero chemistry between Fillion and whoever's playing his girlfriend. I don't think time or a meatier storyline is going to help that.  

The concept of rookie cops and an older rookie especially, is interesting, but because of the nature of their beat job, it's a lot of random, open and shut stories within the same episode, and coupled with a bunch of not fleshed out yet characters that we see fairly briefly, it's hard to get hooked on this show.  it's like a series of vignettes. I expect that with time they will narrow the focus to a chosen few characters and give some continuing storylines to them. Right now I am rather meh about the show.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:07 PM, MissL said:

Ok I love Nathan I do but...why does he keep getting older but his female costar/love interest stays the same age? He's 47, she's 30 and it's just so freaking typical of Hollywood to do this.

Hate the relationship, but I can where the age difference comes from.  They obviously met while in training and I doubt very much there were any 40 to 47 year old female trainees for NF  to choose from....... if such a choice HAD to be made. Frankly  I wish it hadn't.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Hate the relationship, but I can where the age difference comes from.  They obviously met while in training and I doubt very much there were any 40 to 47 year old female trainees for NF  to choose from....... if such a choice HAD to be made. Frankly  I wish it hadn't.

IRL, his character might be dating a waitress, but on a show, adding a character with a different sphere of daily life is not practical. Still, it would've been better, IMO.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

IRL, his character might be dating a waitress, but on a show, adding a character with a different sphere of daily life is not practical. Still, it would've been better, IMO.

Martha and Alexis (Castle) were from a different sphere.  They could have given Nolan a home life (with a girlfriend), in lieu of the yawn-worthy and for some cringe-worthy bedroom scenes with Lucy.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TWP said:

Martha and Alexis (Castle) were from a different sphere.  They could have given Nolan a home life (with a girlfriend), in lieu of the yawn-worthy and for some cringe-worthy bedroom scenes with Lucy.

A live in girlfriend seems way to fast. His wife leaves he relocates to Los Angeles to go through the police academy and he would already have a new live in?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TWP said:

Still believe it’s a part of his journey to who am I, who and what do I really want in life. And honestly one of the most realistic things in the show based on the majority of 40-something year old newly divorced guys I know. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Raja said:

A live in girlfriend seems way to fast. His wife leaves he relocates to Los Angeles to go through the police academy and he would already have a new live in?

Having a home life does not automatically mean having a live-in.  He has a girlfriend (Lucy).  He could just as easily have a girlfriend who isn't a cop, so he'd have a relationship outside of the sphere.  He apparently has an easy time meeting women at bars and such, so he could have met someone even with a busy training schedule.

Considering that TR isn't performing well, maybe it's a good thing that they didn't try to go outside the work sphere. 

What's really missing is a "mystery".  The upscale apartment could very well be part of some sort of mystery, but they don't emphasize it enough.

Edited by TWP
7 hours ago, BlakesMomma said:
14 hours ago, BigPaul25 said:

Enjoying this so far, but the actress playing Officer Chen looks like Summer Glau and its giving me a weird, Summer/Mal Firefly vibe.

In a very very general way? I just don’t see that at all. 

I hadn't (consciously) seen it either, but now that you mention it, @BigPaul25, I can stop thinking about it and how inappropriate that would be to me (but probably not to some fanfiction-ers) LOL.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I hadn't (consciously) seen it either, but now that you mention it, @BigPaul25, I can stop thinking about it and how inappropriate that would be to me (but probably not to some fanfiction-ers) LOL.

I need to learn to proofread. That was meant to be “In a very very general way?”

• Love 1
On 10/24/2018 at 11:18 PM, chaifan said:

The vibe I got off of Talia's warning to Chen was that she won't be taken seriously by the other guys if she dates other cops, that they'll assume she's there just to get a boyfriend/husband and isn't serious about becoming a police officer.  This isn't uncommon in many male dominated fields - it's a horrible double standard, as the guys don't get any negative reputation from dating a female co-worker.  It wasn't so much relationship advice as it was career advice. 

Yep. This struck me as dead accurate. I work in a male-dominated academic profession, and the only time I perceived myself not being taken seriously on account of my gender (female) was when I was dating a man in the profession. We were the same age, same level, no conflicts of interest -- didn't matter. This relationship will cost Chen more than it costs Nolan. And it will be worse in a few years, if it lasts, since once they are no longer rookies, he will look like he has seniority even if they are the same rank. 

I found the timeline confusing. As others have noted, Tim was out of hospital an back to work implausibly quickly, given the apparent severity of his injury. In an early scene, Chen and Nolan joke about skipping work, and one of them mentions that it would look bad to play hooky on their first week. I don't know if that was meant to be strictly accurate, but if it was even approximately true way too much has happened in a week!

• Love 7
On 10/26/2018 at 12:19 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I think a problem with this show is, well...basically the same problem Castle ended up having: The show cannot decide what it wants to be, a lighter dramedy or more by-the-book and more "real". The mix caused issues before and it seems to be happening again.

Perhaps someone other that Alexi Hawley should have been show runner. But the ratings going fractional so quickly don't inspire confidence, either. Of course, ratings and successes and failures in terms of numbers was different even 2 or 3 years ago versus now. But 0.8 for the second episode) is problematic, unless you are a Friday show.

I have seen where the idea is to move it, but I can't imagine to what night or time slot. One argument that cannot be made is lack of promotion as this had that out the wazoo. I think the show's future will depend on how expensive it is to produce. It may help since this is another ABC Studios, meaning, in-house property. But this cannot afford to go much lower. If I recall, about 3 years ago, Wicked City had this slot and got as low as 0.4 and was pulled only 3 or so episodes in. I hope this show doesn't suffer a similar fate.

But, if it does, Nathan Fillion will bounce back. He has been down this road many times before he landed Castle, and he has Sci-Fi popularity to sustain him, too.

Agreed with the Castle part.  As I mentioned in another episode post, AH was the showrunner that brought on Castle's demise.  Now, imo, Castle was beginning to go off the rails starting S5 when many writers left (end of S3) and they lost their way.   Then, the Castle "showrunner merry-go-round" began and it only worsened.   AH has the me formulaic writing style with NF as he did with  Castle and it truly doesn't do NF any favors but for some reason, AH & NF think it works (believe NF is an EP for The Rookie).   Agree there should have been another showrunner but we're stuck with this and the ratings will tell the tale with their coveted demographic 18-49 and at times, even 18-35.  Don't believe NF carries that demo any longer.   Yes, I watched FF but as we all know, that was eons ago!   The Rookie is mediocre--not one I clamor to see every week (and yeah, I was a huge Castle fan) but NF needs a different vehicle; his acting is really not much of a stretch in this role.

5 hours ago, cathmed said:

Agreed with the Castle part.  As I mentioned in another episode post, AH was the showrunner that brought on Castle's demise.  Now, imo, Castle was beginning to go off the rails starting S5 when many writers left (end of S3) and they lost their way.   Then, the Castle "showrunner merry-go-round" began and it only worsened.   AH has the me formulaic writing style with NF as he did with  Castle and it truly doesn't do NF any favors but for some reason, AH & NF think it works (believe NF is an EP for The Rookie).   Agree there should have been another showrunner but we're stuck with this and the ratings will tell the tale with their coveted demographic 18-49 and at times, even 18-35.  Don't believe NF carries that demo any longer.   Yes, I watched FF but as we all know, that was eons ago!   The Rookie is mediocre--not one I clamor to see every week (and yeah, I was a huge Castle fan) but NF needs a different vehicle; his acting is really not much of a stretch in this role.

I'm no fan of AH, but he left at the end of season 4 (one season after the glory days), and he returned after Castle (the show) was basically dead.  He really shouldn't get the blame for killing Castle.

The biggest killer of the ratings is the Tuesday 10pm slot.    I should say though, that The Good Doctor earned a 1.0 afternoon adjusted rating last night.  Broadcast TV pretty much isn't getting watched anymore.  So the 0.8 rating isn't that far off.  The only thing saving the major networks is that streaming is still catastrophically unreliable at times due to various forces (internet providers, the cloud, streaming itself).

I agree that a better showrunner would help.  I predict that if The Rookie survives season 1, it will get a new showrunner.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:22 PM, BlakesMomma said:

But isn't that life? You make choices that have consequences, good or bad. Or maybe it's a lesson in why it shouldn't damage her career any more than it would his, and only because it goes against regulations, not because of any age issue.  She's been warned, what she chooses is her choice. We're seeing her struggle with the decision. Lucy Chen strikes me as someone who would have a lot more in common with a more mature guy than a lot of 30 year old guys I know. I have daughters Chen's age.

I always see the actress as Two in Dark Matter - where she was kick-ass and in charge. So that lends maturity when I view her in any case.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

I've enjoyed both episodes so far, and I know I always have to be willing to somewhat suspend disbelief when watching TV, but I'm having a big time problem with the fact that the guy who got shot is being cleared to return that soon. I'm unclear of the exact timeline of the two episodes, but it didn't seem like much time had passed at all, and considering his rookie spent only two days, tops, paired with the slug, it seems like it's less than a week, at most, between Tim getting shot and returning, and literally three days between getting released from the hospital and returning. The guy got shot in the stomach area, I believe it was mentioned that he was in the ICU for at least a little while, and then boom, he's back? Seriously? Either make him get grazed/ less seriously injured, or allow for the passage of some time. 

I know, not only did NF say something about the first week, but the discussion between the TO and the kid who froze during the shootout seemed to be the first one they were having since the event. There was something else, but I forget.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, MissL said:

Ok I love Nathan I do but...why does he keep getting older but his female costar/love interest stays the same age? He's 47, she's 30 and it's just so freaking typical of Hollywood to do this.  I hope you are all right and the relationship ends soon.

Because it's TV. Pretty much standard operating procedure.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:25 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

It was a also a bit over the top that Talia couldn't find another way into the house besides driving the car through the front door just to keep that gag running. I mean she chastised him in episode 1 for using the wrong tool to break into the hot car, so isn't using a car the wrong tool to break into a house?

Although it was a little over the top, I can see that maybe a guy who kidnaps and imprisons women might have made his house fairly impenetrable. I've seen those locking screen doors, and they're not easy to get through (quickly, anyway). I did think it was too bad that NF still got blamed for the damage, though.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, Orbert said:

How about that opening scene?  Random kid trying to break into a car, runs off when he hears the sirens coming, then the camera swings around to show us Nolan and Bishop in pursuit of a suspect.  Random kid is not seen again; he was just part of the set dressing.  I thought that was great.

I liked that too.

On 10/27/2018 at 3:40 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Sorry, did not mean to imply "ran into her" as in completely random. He knew she would be there because that was where the TO would leave her, and presumably he knew when their lunch break was, too. That said, him choosing to check in with her at lunch did not read as either particularly creepy or romantic to me. 

At the end, when he's talking to Macaroni and Cheese, I got the feeling it was very deliberate, and a set-up between them.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:40 PM, Raja said:

She isn't a live in, and specifically rejected his suggestion for her to "bring over a few things so you don't have to rush out of here in the morning." Between the divorce and the Academy, that's a fairly lengthy period of time.

• Love 3
On 10/29/2018 at 12:30 AM, BigPaul25 said:

Enjoying this so far, but the actress playing Officer Chen looks like Summer Glau and its giving me a weird, Summer/Mal Firefly vibe.

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I always see the actress as Two in Dark Matter - where she was kick-ass and in charge. So that lends maturity when I view her in any case.

I'll see her as Two/Portia for a while, I'm afraid -- that was a great role!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:
On 10/24/2018 at 8:07 PM, MissL said:

Ok I love Nathan I do but...why does he keep getting older but his female costar/love interest stays the same age? He's 47, she's 30 and it's just so freaking typical of Hollywood to do this.  I hope you are all right and the relationship ends soon.

But in the world of Nathan Fillion, it may be more of a Benjamin Button syndrome:

On 5/8/2018 at 2:17 AM, femmefan1946 said:

Remember that Nathan actually played the younger love interest in his soap opera days,

Some of those episodes are available on YouTube. And frankly, are as creepy as a centipede convention. Although Nathan's comic timing is great.

• Love 1
On ‎30‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 5:52 PM, TWP said:

I'm no fan of AH, but he left at the end of season 4 (one season after the glory days), and he returned after Castle (the show) was basically dead.  He really shouldn't get the blame for killing Castle.

Not going to go into details but that whole separation arc was his idea.

On ‎24‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 12:03 AM, shapeshifter said:

Maybe I'm too old for this show.
When Nolan started punching the kidnapper and they cut away to his girlfriend's horrified face, I said aloud, "That's it. He's done," meaning off the force, as well as dumped by girlfriend (even though he is the lead of a show titled The Rookie).

You're not too old. :-) I thought he was done because he once again rushed off without his partner. Granted, this time, he put his life in harms way and didn't leave her exposed but if he had gotten the boot (not pun intended) this time around, I would have understood and supported it. You do it once, you're a Rookie. You make mistakes. You do it twice, you demonstrate that you haven't learned.

On ‎24‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 12:03 AM, shapeshifter said:

But no. He got praised all around, including, for the first time by the kind-of-justifiably ageist boss.

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. I thought he did a really good job when he talked the woman out of committing suicide and it would have been a great opportunity for the watch commander to show us that he can be objective because Nolan's age and own life experience really helped him to relate and played a role in talking down the woman. But instead, he only got reprimanded for the property damage.

• Love 1

@Clanstarling

"He's 47, she's 30 and it's just so freaking typical of Hollywood to do this.  I hope you are all right and the relationship ends soon."

With the broadcast audience becoming older , maybe it's time to rethink this trope.

Which is pretty much a male fantasy even when it doesn't go all Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

NF seems to accept that his female fans are pretty much his own age or older, and he should know that dating a girl young enough to be your daughter is not comfortable for us.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, femmefan1946 said:

@Clanstarling

"He's 47, she's 30 and it's just so freaking typical of Hollywood to do this.  I hope you are all right and the relationship ends soon."

With the broadcast audience becoming older , maybe it's time to rethink this trope.

Which is pretty much a male fantasy even when it doesn't go all Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

NF seems to accept that his female fans are pretty much his own age or older, and he should know that dating a girl young enough to be your daughter is not comfortable for us.

Us? Speak for yourself, I’m in that age group and have absolutely no problem with it.  It’s not just Hollywood, it’s common real life in my experience, particularly with recently divorced people. Some age gap relationships last, some are just a learning experience. A consensual relationship among peers is just that, a consensual adult relationship.

And you may be confusing Nathan’s age with Nolan’s. I’ve heard several ages mentioned for Nolan, 40/42/45, none above 45 which makes the father/daughter thing a bit of a stretch at their ages. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, BlakesMomma said:

Us? Speak for yourself, I’m in that age group and have absolutely no problem with it.  It’s not just Hollywood, it’s common real life in my experience, particularly with recently divorced people. Some age gap relationships last, some are just a learning experience. A consensual relationship among peers is just that, a consensual adult relationship.

As long as someone isn't underage, I don't really care about the ages of TV characters who are in a relationship. It's not like I have a chance with one of them (or with Nathan Fillion, for that matter). If the story is good, I'm OK with it. In this particular case, I think it would be difficult for Nolan to form a relationship with someone his age, as most of the people he meets in LA are police officers or criminals and most of the officers his age are in positions of authority, which might make it difficult for him to date them. Perhaps he could meet someone his age from the DA's office.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, femmefan1946 said:

@Clanstarling

Just to be clear, the quote below shows who was responding and replying. It doesn't make any difference in the context of the post, but I felt a bit uncomfortable not having it clear which words were mine. 

On 10/31/2018 at 6:34 AM, Clanstarling said:
On 10/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, MissL said:

To expand, which I didn't feel the need to at that point, since I was just making an offhand quip. Older men and younger women are standard fare in movies and tv, for two primary reasons: a male star is most often going to be paired up with whoever those in charge thinks is the hottest woman in the cast, and as @BlakesMomma says, it's not exactly unknown in the real world. The divorced men I've known tend to search out younger women instead of women their own age.

I mean, if I thought the actor was hideous and he has a young honey, I'd be more offended - but then that's pretty well known in the real world too (see rich old men).

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Just to be clear, the quote below shows who was responding and replying. It doesn't make any difference in the context of the post, but I felt a bit uncomfortable not having it clear which words were mine. 

To expand, which I didn't feel the need to at that point, since I was just making an offhand quip. Older men and younger women are standard fare in movies and tv, for two primary reasons: a male star is most often going to be paired up with whoever those in charge thinks is the hottest woman in the cast, and as @BlakesMomma says, it's not exactly unknown in the real world. The divorced men I've known tend to search out younger women instead of women their own age.

I mean, if I thought the actor was hideous and he has a young honey, I'd be more offended - but then that's pretty well known in the real world too (see rich old men).

Just to clarify, I also know a lot of real

life divorced women who seek out younger men. It goes both ways. 

• Love 4

I have a female friend who at 56 years of age just married an 80 year old man. They're both farmers, nobody has any gold to dig or any other nefarious reasons for the coupling.  They just love each other and wanted to make it official.  I am 100% sure that she courted him.  It isn't as strange in the real world as people want to think.

Edited by TWP
  • Love 6

Of the five women in my own family- four are married to younger men. Two of those married younger men twice. I've been married to my 'toyboy' for 50 years.

The grandmother of my former SIL was courted by a retired gentleman who had left their town for university, returning when he retired. He remembered her as a young matron and was captivated by her joie de vivre in her senior years. She had the town sworn to secrecy, because, while he knew she was somewhat older, he did not realize that he was over 70, but she was 93.

• Love 3

My uncle's wife was twenty years older then him. She was in her fifties when they married and helped him raised his two young sons, her three kids were already grown. One of my parents married friends are ten years apart. She had four kids in their teens when they met and married that they raised along with the son they had together. He was closer in age most of his nieces and nephews but their happy.  One of my friends her husband is seventeen years older then her. They have a lot in common and are happy.  

• Love 1