Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

I kinda feel bad for her. She has no information and no examples of how else to live. When they do the reunions, Leah always looks little, frail, and completely out of place. Even in a world of Ambers and Catelynns, Leah seems the most backwoods sheltered. She probably thought that dinner was quite a feat ... Mama Dawn probably never even got as far as using a can opener.  Now I see she's on a religion kick. Going to church and posting "God is good" type stuff all the time. She has made a mess, that's for sure. But the stress of her life would knock down a lot of people. Ali's health alone would have me rocking in a corner. 

• Love 8

Negative Nancy? Shouldn't you want to speak well? So you don't sound dumb when you are on tv? I know I would.  This is stuff she should have learned in school. 

• Love 10

Unfortunately, many of my upper middle class college students still haven't mastered subject-verb agreement. It's not taught in school much these days. And these are kids with every privilege. 

I do feel bad for Leah in that respect. It's not her fault she's uneducated. I can't imagine the public schools around her are fantastic, and like I said, even ones that are don't tend to focus on grammar anymore. And look at Mama Dawn's and Jeremy's grammar. They're all practically illiterate. She probably had no idea until people started teasing her about it. In that respect, if she really is improving her grammar a bit, I'm actually glad she was teased a little. It'll help her in the long run. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I kinda feel bad for her. She has no information and no examples of how else to live. When they do the reunions, Leah always looks little, frail, and completely out of place. Even in a world of Ambers and Catelynns, Leah seems the most backwoods sheltered. She probably thought that dinner was quite a feat ...

I agree. Leah probably grew up eating chicken nuggets and Banquet dinners, so I can see her genuinely believing that mess she threw together was a healthy meal. After all, there's an actual vegetable on the plate. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, RedKoolAide said:

She's bragging about canned corn, canned carrots, a dry ass potato, and mystery meat. This is pathetic.

I am NOT a good cook. I don't enjoy cooking and my husband is much better at it. I tell people I don't cook.

But heck, even I could "cook" that dinner Leah made with no problem.

• Love 5

My mom told me when she became a new mom she didn't know how to cook. But she said she had to learn because she wanted to feed her kids healthy meals. She read recipes and practiced them. She did it all on her own without help from multiple relatives or my deadbeat dad while going to nursing school. I'm not giving Leah any passes for being too lazy to Google healthy options. Leah only made this half-assed meal to post it on social media to show her "haters". 

• Love 7

Oh, I see. Leah is #Happy #Healthy #Blessed these days because she's been taking some "youth vitamins" from an MLM scheme (are there any Teen Moms who don't do these??), and now wants to share the blessedness with her fans. Go sign up, ya'll.

I think her "youth vitamins" are working backwards. Even with all those smoothing, glowy filters she still looks old and worn out. Like an actress from the 80's still trying to look young and glamourous in 2016.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RedKoolAide said:

My mom told me when she became a new mom she didn't know how to cook. But she said she had to learn because she wanted to feed her kids healthy meals. She read recipes and practiced them. She did it all on her own without help from multiple relatives or my deadbeat dad while going to nursing school. I'm not giving Leah any passes for being too lazy to Google healthy options. Leah only made this half-assed meal to post it on social media to show her "haters". 

This is how I started cooking too.  I loved looking through cookbooks.  I was terrible I didn't know how to make rice,  rice!  Looking through magazines and books gave me tons of ideas did it always turn out great,  no.  I just kept trying. 

We had a similar conversation in the Catelynn thread. I can't hate on Leah for trying.  As others pointed out she obviously was never shown how to cook. Or  what is considered healthy. 

For me I just laughed at the pic because it just looked so blah, not worth a pic.  

It's the end of summer,  get some fresh corn on the cob,  a few slices of ripe juicy tomato and a nice salad or string beans to go wth her mystery meat (I don't eat meat but I have cooked and had meat in the past but wtf was that). That would  have  have looked so much better for a pic. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

Negative Nancy? Shouldn't you want to speak well? So you don't sound dumb when you are on tv? I know I would.  This is stuff she should have learned in school. 

She probably tried to type the words "had sex" in the blank space.

• Love 16

Jane and Timothy ____were caught crawling through the window by the deer cam____ after their long walk in the country. 

Jane and Timothy _____popped some pills____after their long walk in the country. 

Jane and Timothy ____ate frosting from a can____after their long walk in the country. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Jane and Timothy ____were caught crawling through the window by the deer cam____ after their long walk in the country. 

Jane and Timothy _____popped some pills____after their long walk in the country. 

Jane and Timothy ____ate frosting from a can____after their long walk in the country. 

Jane and Timothy_ate cheetos from the ground_ after their long walk in the country.

Jane and Timothy_visited their Laaaaw-year_ after their long walk in the country.

That is kinda fun!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AhFillAck said:

She probably tried to type the words "had sex" in the blank space.

Or "snorted coke".

15 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I kinda feel bad for her. She has no information and no examples of how else to live. When they do the reunions, Leah always looks little, frail, and completely out of place. Even in a world of Ambers and Catelynns, Leah seems the most backwoods sheltered. She probably thought that dinner was quite a feat ... Mama Dawn probably never even got as far as using a can opener.  Now I see she's on a religion kick. Going to church and posting "God is good" type stuff all the time. She has made a mess, that's for sure. But the stress of her life would knock down a lot of people. Ali's health alone would have me rocking in a corner. 

I hear ya EmeraldGirl, except I think I may be the lone out on this.

My heart goes out to anyone, and I mean, anyone who has a child with health problems of any kind. It doesn't matter if they are rich or poor, a child with health problems is something I can relate to and I know the struggles it can bring on in any family.

One of my siblings had a child who was born with a rare problem. He wasn't expected to live beyond the age of three. Throughout those years I watched as my sibling and her spouse worked full-time jobs to pay for the expenses that came with having a child that needed yearly surgeries, medications and special equipment. Insurance only covered so much. The rest was on my sibling and in-law. I watched my sister take on college courses part-time while working full-time. She would then have to go to the hospital for over a month whenever her child had to have his surgery. She was with him by his bedside for this entire month while her husband continued to work.  She followed all the doctor's orders.  All in all, I watched my sister's agony, her pain, her depression and yet, not once did she ask for hand-outs, not once did I see her turn to alcohol or drugs. I didn't see her turn her affection to another man outside of her marriage. I didn't see her complain, whine, or put the blame on others for what she was going through. She had another child to tend to and still, she never complained about all the hard work it took to maintain a home, a family, a marriage, and college. All in all, I learned a lot from her about how life will throw problems at you. How you deal with those problems is all on you.

Sorry, but Leah has had not only the money for her needs, but she has had countless support from various family members when things have been rough for her and she still fucked up. She cheated on two husbands. Where was her concern for her disabled child and her other children while she was in the woods somewhere being a booty call to someone or snorting drugs?  She continues to deny she was ever an addict. In her eyes, it is everyone else who is to blame, not her. She is the victim all.the.time.  She can't even maintain her child's motorized scooter. If it breaks, oh well. Let me post about it on social media and complain. Nah. I just can't with Leah. Plenty of parents have it just as hard or worse than her, but they don't go around doing what she has done. The least she could do is at least admit to all she has done, stop lying, and get into therapy.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

Jane and Timothy ____discovered that he was wearing another man's camo shorts____ after their long walk through the country. 

LOL

Jane ________ Timothy:

a) cheated on

b) gave a BJ to

c) had sex with and then got pregnant from

c) all of the above

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Unfortunately, many of my upper middle class college students still haven't mastered subject-verb agreement. It's not taught in school much these days. And these are kids with every privilege. 

I do feel bad for Leah in that respect. It's not her fault she's uneducated. I can't imagine the public schools around her are fantastic, and like I said, even ones that are don't tend to focus on grammar anymore. And look at Mama Dawn's and Jeremy's grammar. They're all practically illiterate. She probably had no idea until people started teasing her about it. In that respect, if she really is improving her grammar a bit, I'm actually glad she was teased a little. It'll help her in the long run. 

I went back and read some of my high school composition papers after one semester of English 101 at college, and was horrified. Run on sentences, commas instead of semi colons, total disorganization of ideas, subject verb agreements, ending on prepositions, etc- and I was a straight A student in high school! Granted, it was public school, but it was an affluent suburban school where it was just taken for granted that all kids would graduate high school and attend college (and a 4 year university at that). I don't know if the teachers just couldn't be bothered to correct for that or if they truly did not know either.

So, yes, I totally understand why Leah sounds the way she does. Although I disagree with you in one regard- it is her fault, in my opinion, that she is uneducated. She has had the means for years to go for some kind of higher learning and has been too lazy to do so.

She wasn't moved to improve herself until she realized people were making fun of her. She doesn't value education, the same way she doesn't value nutrition- she only does it to get validation from complete strangers. Her desperation for approval is a major reason why she continues to make such poor life choices.

Now, if people making fun of her on instagram is the impetus for her to get educated and start hanging out with her kids more and feed them better food, then I guess the end result is good, but kind of frustrating she can't value those things intrinsically- it has to be tied to getting validation from her online fans. If no one made fun of her on Instagram she wouldn't care that she sounds like an idiot or is feeding her kids diets that will cause lifelong health problems and rotting teeth.

• Love 8

I disagree with you in one regard- it is her fault, in my opinion, that she is uneducated. She has had the means for years to go for some kind of higher learning and has been too lazy to do so.

She wasn't moved to improve herself until she realized people were making fun of her. She doesn't value education, the same way she doesn't value nutrition- she only does it to get validation from complete strangers. Her desperation for approval is a major reason why she continues to make such poor life choices.

Now, if people making fun of her on instagram is the impetus for her to get educated and start hanging out with her kids more and feed them better food, then I guess the end result is good, but kind of frustrating she can't value those things intrinsically- it has to be tied to getting validation from her online fans. If no one made fun of her on Instagram she wouldn't care that she sounds like an idiot or is feeding her kids diets that will cause lifelong health problems and rotting teeth.

Word! x 100. Well said.

• Love 1

@Tatum, definitely agree. She could change her circumstances with a lot of time and work. What I meant by "not her fault," though, is that no one around her seems very interested in education. And she failed her very basic entrance exams for college. I know from experience that it's very difficult to teach students the foundations of grammar, spelling, analysis, etc., when you're trying to make up for a lifetime of poor education. Some of my hardworking students (at a large, high-ranked university) still fail basic writing and have to retake it, and they have every possible privilege. Add to that a culture of near-illiteracy and lack of respect for education, parents and siblings who are also uneducated and don't mind, multiple children, and an immature, lazy person ill-equipped for fame, and that's just not gonna happen. She'd need to enroll in a lot of remedial courses before she could ever pass a class in any decent school, as would many of the people she appears to know. 

Of course she could change it, and it's ridiculous that she complains about a very real flaw being pointed out. She should be grateful to the naysayers, honestly, if it helps her grammar, even if they were inappropriate about their expression. But I'm just commenting on the overall culture of a total lack of respect for education and anything besides attractiveness and baby-making. Jeremy made fun of "people with PhDs" at least twice that I remember on the show. Mama Dawn is pretty unabashedly uninterested in improving her truly illiterate-level writing skills. It's pretty terrifying how little critical thinking is going on in these people's heads. 

• Love 6

It seems like a lot of people around my age (mid to late twenties) really don't know much about grammar at all. With the emphasis on state tests, English classes have only focused on reading the last couple of decades, and teachers who wanted to teach grammar often were not allowed to do so! I don't mean that it just wasn't in the curriculum...they would get in big trouble for wasting time on grammar, just the same way that they would get in trouble for showing movies every day!

That being said, I had a truly inspirational teacher in middle school for three years, who taught gifted students exclusively. Since her students were all assuredly going to pass the tests, she was allowed to teach old-school grammar, like diagramming sentences and doing analogies (well, that's more vocabulary). I feel so fortunate for the opportunity to take her class, because I've always had a much stronger grasp on it than everyone else I knew in high school and college. It's a shame that grammar is becoming a lost art! Now the situation's even worse, because it's "not a 21st century skill." FML!

• Love 8

My MIL is a retired teacher and here are just some of the things she's said or written in the last few days, and this doesn't include double negatives wherever possible:
We was going there but should of went..
Next week-in probably saturday
I need a 8 in a half shoe
Supposably
I will never except that...
(Yes, I make a lot of mistakes but I am not being paid -still, as she collects a pension- to be an example.)

Anyway, the point is, a lot of teachers don't know shit and the standard for obtaining a licence needs to be way higher. I also think they should be randomly pysch evaluated. My kids think I'm a witch because I take them to the library on the first day of school holidays because READING IS FUCKING IMPORTANT!

• Love 10
On 8/28/2016 at 6:19 PM, Mkay said:

On 8/28/2016 at 6:19 PM, Mkay said:

I know nothing about social media so please excuse what I'm sure is a stupid question.  Why, when I click on the picture of the "amazing" canned food does it not take me to the picture?  I went to Leah's page there but couldn't find the food picture.  I wanted to see what her delusional fans had to say about Leah being so amazing that she can open a couple of cans and throw a potato in the oven. 

40 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

I know nothing about social media so please excuse what I'm sure is a stupid question.  Why, when I click on the picture of the "amazing" canned food does it not take me to the picture?  I went to Leah's page there but couldn't find the food picture.  I wanted to see what her delusional fans had to say about Leah being so amazing that she can open a couple of cans and throw a potato in the oven. 

Just click on the '215 comments' on the photo above and it will take you to it on her Instagram. And yes, people are fainting at her feet at this "amazing" and incredible meal that this fantastic Momma has prepared. It boggles my mind. Boggles, I tell you.

For instance: christeniazunigaU r a beautiful mother, and a wonderful mother. What a beautiful and we'll rounded meal!!

"we'll rounded". Besides the obvious (*snicker*), the only well rounded thing in that picture is the plate.

Edited by AhFillAck
I had to unbold, ya'll.
  • Love 10

Thank you @AhFillAck.  I hate social media and only go check them when they're linked to here. I appreciate your help. 

Aaaand even with your kind help I still couldn't figure it out. I wanted to see what her fans are saying. I bet they are telling her what a great mom she is for making a home cooked meal. 

Edited by Talky Tina
On 8/29/2016 at 0:56 AM, poopchute said:

What is the thing on the right side of the plate?

You mean the mystery meat?  Looks like it might be a chicken thigh with an attached drumstick?  Or breast with part of a wing?  I remember buying some chicken one time that looked like that and I was very confused. It was early in my cooking days, and I remember it tasted fine but it looked so weird I consciously avoided that brand (although it's been so long I forget what brand it was now).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Talky Tina said:

Thank you @AhFillAck.  I hate social media and only go check them when they're linked to here. I appreciate your help. 

Aaaand even with your kind help I still couldn't figure it out. I wanted to see what her fans are saying. I bet they are telling her what a great mom she is for making a home cooked meal. 

You're welcome! I wonder why it didn't work. I found the link on her Twitter page. It's just a little ways down so you don't need to weed through too much crap to find it. You can read the comment where someone says her potato looks like a brick. Heeeeeeeeeeeee!

15 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

@Tatum, definitely agree. She could change her circumstances with a lot of time and work. What I meant by "not her fault," though, is that no one around her seems very interested in education. And she failed her very basic entrance exams for college. I know from experience that it's very difficult to teach students the foundations of grammar, spelling, analysis, etc., when you're trying to make up for a lifetime of poor education. Some of my hardworking students (at a large, high-ranked university) still fail basic writing and have to retake it, and they have every possible privilege. Add to that a culture of near-illiteracy and lack of respect for education, parents and siblings who are also uneducated and don't mind, multiple children, and an immature, lazy person ill-equipped for fame, and that's just not gonna happen. She'd need to enroll in a lot of remedial courses before she could ever pass a class in any decent school, as would many of the people she appears to know. 

Of course she could change it, and it's ridiculous that she complains about a very real flaw being pointed out. She should be grateful to the naysayers, honestly, if it helps her grammar, even if they were inappropriate about their expression. But I'm just commenting on the overall culture of a total lack of respect for education and anything besides attractiveness and baby-making. Jeremy made fun of "people with PhDs" at least twice that I remember on the show. Mama Dawn is pretty unabashedly uninterested in improving her truly illiterate-level writing skills. It's pretty terrifying how little critical thinking is going on in these people's heads. 

Fair point. While Leah could enroll in a community college with minimal effort, she likely would have to take a number of prep classes- that don't count towards a degree- just to get to the basic first year courses.  At both colleges I went to, if you didn't score high enough on the math placement test, you had to take some "refresher" courses- that were the same hours as a for credit class, but likely with even more homework and daily assignments so the instructors know you are keeping up.

This is done so people don't sign up for classes they are not prepared for and then ultimately fail, wasting time and money, and is most definitely a worthwhile investment. That said, you are absolutely right that for someone like Leah, who was never raised to value education, the prospect of spending 2-3 semesters being a full time student with no credit hours to show for it, and then still having the full 60 or 120 credit hour curriculum looming over her probably seemed ridiculously insurmountable. I always suspected Cate from TM had the same issue- a genuine interest in higher learning but was far too overwhelmed by the amount of work she'd have to do just to get her foot in the door.

And if Leah had even the faintest interest in pursuing what would likely be, at best, a 3-4 year endeavor just to get the basics under her belt, I am sure Mama Dawn was there to point out that "learning 'dem letters and numbers was something only dem sad girls wit no man do". So, yes, I agree fully that while Leah has had time and money (resources even people without kids don't always have), her upbringing has put her at a disadvantage.

What annoys me about her tweet is the underlying vibe she's putting out (based on the grammar nazi comment) that good grammar actually doesn't matter, and she is merely doing this because people keep picking apart her social media posts. It's like, well, I think worrying about correct grammar is stupid, but if I show I am making an honest effort to improve, now will you like me? It's just so desperate and sad.

It only reinforces to her kids that education may be a waste of time, but you still put in a good faith effort just to look good. If Leah had said something like, 'good grammar has never been something I've really worried about, but now that it's been pointed out I would like to take the time to learn to improve' or something like that, then I would be supportive. Her post is passive aggressive and it seems like she kind of missed the point. She should be interested in improving her grammar to set a good example for her daughters, so they grow up hearing proper grammar and following suit. Instead, she makes it clear this is purely about social media validation and approval. Just like everything else in her life, even when she's doing the right thing, she's doing it for the wrong reasons.

ETA:

Somebody tweet at Leah that using paper plates is bad for the environment. Then we can start a pool over how long it will take Leah to post a picture of herself at the recycling center carrying bottles and newspapers, with hashtags "lovetheearth #youcanmakeadifference

Also, guys, I totally called the grammar post a few weeks back.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 8
On 7/29/2016 at 2:36 PM, Tatum said:

Like I said, she doesn't venture here.

We'll know if she does because Grandma Sandy will come barreling in here calling us all jelus loosers, and then Leah's next instagram post will be about how important grammar is to her, and she'll make a point of saying how she knows the difference between "you're" and "your".

ETA again: found it!

• Love 6

I think she's just trying to make out that the haterz don't get her down, they only inspire her. When in reality her whole life is an exercise in trying to prove people wrong when they say she's a lazy, cheating, uneducated pill-fiend who feeds her kids crap. She's got her work cut out for her because that's exactly what she is. No wonder she doesn't have the time for a real job.

• Love 10

When in reality her whole life is an exercise in trying to prove people wrong when they say she's a lazy, cheating, uneducated pill-fiend who feeds her kids crap. She's got her work cut out for her because that's exactly what she is. No wonder she doesn't have the time for a real job.

I disagree that's who she is. That's part of who she has been, just as part of who Corey has been is a guy who got a teen pregnant in a drunken one-night stand in the back of his truck and a guy who cheated on his current wife with his ex.

But just as Corey has moved on and grown (although he, too, is neglectful of Ali's wheelchair needs), Leah can move on and grow, too. Sure, I side eye her GOOP-inspired earth mama claims when she's clearly still in the grips of either depression or something that's causing her to literally wither away. Nevertheless, she appears to be sincerely trying, and that is only a good thing. That dinner WAS amazing for a woman who's been raising her kids on frozen food and Huggies. Her room looks fairly clean; she's studying to improve her grammar; and hey, that skirt is cute.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

I disagree that's who she is. That's part of who she has been,

She maintains to this day that she was never abusing pillses, went to "therapy" instead of rehab and doesn't give her kids soda. So forgive me if I'm skeptical about her turnaround. We only have her word for it, and she's not exactly renowned for her honesty.

• Love 16