Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Face It, You're Gorgeous

• Start Topic

As usual I felt bad for Liam when Frank and him were waiting for his new love (erection) interest to get out of her 72 hr hold and Frank left him with “Take the #16 bus”. I liked it better when he was thriving in the private school. 

Fiona has picked another winner. She’s on a downwards spiral and knowing that she’s leaving at the end of the season makes me nervous as to where they are going to take her character. 

I liked Lip as a sober coach. I wouldn’t mind seeing him having more scenes with Courtney Cox. I lol’d at her never having eaten White Castle before. Didn’t think that they had locations in Chicago. Thought they were a NY metro area chain. I think she felt normal in the Gallagher household as even though they knew she was a actress they treated her as though they would treat anyone else...well maybe a little nicer. Considering that Liam was reading one of those gossip rags, I bet he’s going to be pissed that he missed the dinner with a bone fide Star  

I got my happy closure with Ian finding out that his cell mate was Mickey. I was wondering that someone different was going to put a move on him and he would try out one of those black belt moves, execute it incorrectly and get mortally wounded. 

I did get scared for a minute when Fiona had her car crash. I was afraid we were going to lose both of those characters in one episode. 

Awww, Mickey!  ❤️

I liked Lip as a sober companion. Not surprised about Fiona getting in over her head. She needs to listen to others with more experience. But it's very like her character to jump without looking.  I hope she is able to somehow recover. Also not too surprised about Ford....he always seemed to be withholding something. If he's truly separated, why didn't he tell her? What a jerk.

Good episode.

• Love 8

Despite a few exceptions, I usually dislike a lot the episodes written by Pimental. She lacks a lot of sensibility. Being Ian's last episode, it should've been written by somebody else.

The best part for me it was Ian and Lip saying goodbye to each other. It's so weird that Fiona didn't get to do that.

As for Mickey, I don't mind them being together now. After the trainwreck of shitty storylines Ian got, I think it was the best way they had to say goodbye to the character. I just wish it was better written and done. I think Mickey's departure in season 7 was more emotional.

Oh, by the way, now give me Sheila and Mandy before the show is over. Jimmy and Karen would be cool to see again in some capacity.

I loved how Courteney Cox’s character ordered a Cobb salad at lunch with Lip. It may (or may not of) been a nod to Cougar Town. 

Mickey! I was happily surprised. Good job show. 

Get it together Fi. I want her to go out on a good note. 

• Love 3

I like it, the family scenes are why I love this show. I didn’t even mind the Courtenay Cox cameo as that could have gone very wrong. Fiona, sigh, so predictable that she is going to lose all her money and run away (my guess at least). Lip as a sober coach was entertaining as hell. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sadie said:

Fiona, sigh, so predictable that she is going to lose all her money and run away (my guess at least). Lip as a sober coach was entertaining as hell. 

Maybe Fiona can meet up with Jimmy/Steve and they can run off together.

• Love 2

Yay Mickey! Ian has never been my favorite but I am happy they ended up together, albeit the circumstances. Agree that now Sheila needs to come back - don't care that much about Mandy unless it's Season 1 Mandy. Overall, this episode was good - I got a good amount of Kev and V and that always makes me happy. Cried a few tears at the end because it seemed like those actors were really sad to see him go. I wish Fiona could have been there. Bye Ford. You were never that interesting anyway. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I liked Lip as a sober coach. I wouldn’t mind seeing him having more scenes with Courtney Cox. I lol’d at her never having eaten White Castle before. Didn’t think that they had locations in Chicago. Thought they were a NY metro area chain. I think she felt normal in the Gallagher household as even though they knew she was a actress they treated her as though they would treat anyone else...well maybe a little nicer. Considering that Liam was reading one of those gossip rags, I bet he’s going to be pissed that he missed the dinner with a bone fide Star  

White Castle has been in Chicago area for many, many, decades - in fact, I think there was a scene in Saturday Night Fever  where they're eating in a White Castle -  I remember sitting in the theater amazed they had White Castle in NY too

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, sheetmoss said:

White Castle has been in Chicago area for many, many, decades - in fact, I think there was a scene in Saturday Night Fever  where they're eating in a White Castle -  I remember sitting in the theater amazed they had White Castle in NY too

Another Chicago kid here who LOVED White Castle! When I moved to California, one of the most disappointing things was the complete lack of White Castle. Every time I go back to Chicago, I have to go to White Castle. My cousin was not super happy when I went to visit and I made him take me to the nearest one so that I could order a sack one night!

I was afraid that the Courteney Cox cameo/character would be annoying but I ended up liking that storyline because Lip was not bad at it (and it gave him something to do - he has obviously been struggling to find something to do with his time now that Xan is gone and I'd rather see him become a successful sober coach than spend all his weekends at street races).

One thing I really loved in the earlier seasons was the relationship between Lip and Ian. We haven't seen much of it this season  so I may have teared up when they dropped him off and Ian thanked him for being his brother. In the first few seasons, they were always together and they unquestionably had each other's backs so I've missed seeing their great friendship.

Ugh, does this mean that we are FINALLY rid of Ford? I do not need to see him come around trying to explain and get Fiona back. Just BYE. He had the chance to tell her the truth and instead he lied so he can fuck right off. It's not like they're still casually dating. If you are moving in together, you need to tell the other person that you are married with a kid.

• Love 4

I could see the Mickey thing coming, but still a nice touch.  I didn't realize this would be Ian's last appearance.  I knew the actor was leaving the show but thought he'd be there for some more episodes this season

Fiona is way out of control now.  Is she still on probation from her time in jail for the cocaine incident?  That was a car accident under the influence and she walked away, or ran away. 

Never did like Ford and does not surprise me, good riddance to him.  I didn't like him pressuring her to move into a place she could not afford even before she found out he was married. 

On the other hand, Fiona rushes into these huge financial deals and responsibilities with little to no experience, so I don't feel too sorry for her on that one. 

• Love 4

White Castle has been in Chicago area for many, many, decades

In Detroit too.

It was obvious Fiona's windfall wouldn't last forever, especially considering how over confident she became. I just hope she doesn't run into legal trouble again, I'd hate to see both her & Ian leave for prison.

The Courtney Cox cameo wasn't as bad as it could have been. Is it a one time deal or will she be back?

• Love 1

I am probably the only one on the planet who liked Ian’s Gay Jesus Storyline.  It fit him as a person and a Gallagher.  What started as a one time thing helping a friend snowballed out of control until it was bigger then he could handle.  For better and worse Mickey has always made Ian happy or as happy as Ian is capable of being.  Their relationship is fucked up but it is the truest Ian is.  And for better and worse Mickey is Ian’s happy ending.

Fiona can be both very very smart and very very stupid at the same time.  She is the same person who gambled the mortgage money so she could possibly make money at bar parties.  It was only the family Coming to her rescue that they made enough money to pay off their family home.  I can see Fiona having a string of lucky breaks and making a bad decision that costs her everything and either ending in jail.....or calling JimmySteve and his criminal cronies to bail her out and finally going off with him.  Again better and worse her happy ending.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I didn't realize this would be Ian's last appearance.  I knew the actor was leaving the show but thought he'd be there for some more episodes this season

I didn't even know he was leaving the show so I'm doubly surprised. Between him and Emmy Rossum they really need to end this show when this season ends. 

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode. I literally gasped when I saw Mickey. Even though it was overly contrived that they'd wind up together under those circumstance I still liked the closure for Ian if he's gone for good now. Although it seems like his siblings would be visiting him regularly so I don't know how they're going to hand-wave that. 

I knew Fiona was in over her head with this partnership. She's just not as educated or as business savvy as she thinks she is. But it's going to be tedious watching her go through another downward spiral. We've been through this before. 

I thought Bob Saget's guest appearance as the priest was actually pretty funny, and how Vee and Kev kept trying to take back the dildo and the nun and the priest kept stopping them. Seems like they've both got their eye on it.

• Love 4

I didn't know this was Ian's last episode!  I was looking forward to The Adventures of Ian and Mickey:  Prison Edition.

Did they say how long the prison sentence for Ian is?

Two years.    I presume it'd be a lot less with good behavior.

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 2

Forgot to add to my previous post. 

This has been the best episode all season.   I know I am one of the few people who liked the Gay Jesus storyline especially in the beginning but I also think it ended the way it should have and in good form.    Having most of the Gallagher kids come together to spend the day with Ian was fun and definitely the highlight of the episode.  

I had my doubts but Courtney Cox was fun this episode.  I really enjoyed her scenes with Lip and all the Gallaghers (except Fiona who is definitely spiraling) back at the house.   I thought she melded well with them.  I hope she sticks around for awhile and has more interactions with more of the family.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Well I loved it! I did not see the Mickey and Ian ending coming at all! but I am spoiler free- (Except I stupidly read about Emmy Rossum leaving - boo!) So that colors all my viewing pleasure with blue and black and sadness and speculation -- how will they write her off I ask.

Anyway -- loved the Courtney Cox character! Haha! Just fun! and umm.. we've had White Castle in Minneapolis area since... the 1970's at least. I used to go there at 3am after drinking -- best drunk food ever!

I love that Frank is intrigued by crazy. Hell! Crazy is his middle name. and SO TRUE to form to leave Liam to find his own way home. Yup. Might as well find out what all the other Gallagher kids know-- Frank is a selfish man and a awful father.

Oh Fiona! Did she walk away from a crash? Drunk as fuck? a hit and run? Dude! My girl is falling apart! Oh but I knew Ford was a douche. Fiona only ever likes the total losers! 

On 10/15/2018 at 1:53 PM, iMonrey said:

Even though it was overly contrived that they'd wind up together under those circumstance

Yeah, the "I turned on the Mexican cartel I was working for, so I was allowed to choose where I served my sentence" thing was waaaay contrived.  How would he even know that Ian was going to be incarcerated and where?  Did I miss that?

• Love 2

and SO TRUE to form to leave Liam to find his own way home. Yup. Might as well find out what all the other Gallagher kids know-- Frank is a selfish man and a awful father.

Liam should already know this. What bugged me was that Lip and Ian (I think) were standing right there when Frank made Liam go with him to find Ingrid. You'd think they'd have stopped him. Why would anyone let Liam go anywhere with Frank? Is this their version of tough love? Letting him see firsthand how awful Frank is? 

19 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Liam should already know this. What bugged me was that Lip and Ian (I think) were standing right there when Frank made Liam go with him to find Ingrid. You'd think they'd have stopped him. Why would anyone let Liam go anywhere with Frank? Is this their version of tough love? Letting him see firsthand how awful Frank is? 

haha! Actually in that scene Liam looked like he not only knew all about Frank -- he looked as if that wasn't the first time he had been ditched like that.

I guess I don't understand why the other siblings wouldn't let Liam go with Frank -- his father? That seems true to character. 

Liam is not a baby anymore. In the Gallagher world he is practically an adult! 

Even watching this show almost two years after it aired, I didn’t know Mickey was going to show up. I loved that moment so much. I didn’t realize the actor was leaving so I’m thrilled Ian got his “happy” ending with Mickey. I don’t even care how implausible or contrived.