Type keyword(s) to search

Barbara Kavovit: The Pink Hammer

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

She looks a bit rough around the edges.  Here's hoping she tells  Dorinda where to clip, clip, clip it. 

RIght? I'm already expecting her to have a gravelly smoker's voice.

Edited by SweetieDarling
gravelly not gravely
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

She looks a bit rough around the edges.  Here's hoping she tells  Dorinda where to clip, clip, clip it. 

I hope you're right.  The other HWs were either too chicken or too forgiving to hold Dorinda accountable.  Bethenny called her out but then let her slide.   Same with LuAnn but IMO she's still holding a grudge.   Since Barbara is friends with LuAnn, it's likely that they would team up and force Slurinda to account for her behavior.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I'm giving her a chance.

I saw her in an interview years ago as I live in NY. She talked about her business. This was many years ago. She was very successful and lost a big chunk of her business because of 9/11. Many of the jobs (construction) as well as her product/equipment was destroyed. She lost contracts. She started over. At the time of the interview her son was about 7-9.

I wonder if she knows or has socialized with Dorinda and Ramona. It was at Dorinda's charity event that she was micced up talking to Carole about Luann/Tom. She still went to the wedding and Dorinda was a bridesmaid.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm giving her a chance.

I saw her in an interview years ago as I live in NY. She talked about her business. This was many years ago. She was very successful and lost a big chunk of her business because of 9/11. Many of the jobs (construction) as well as her product/equipment was destroyed. She lost contracts. She started over. At the time of the interview her son was about 7-9.

I wonder if she knows or has socialized with Dorinda and Ramona. It was at Dorinda's charity event that she was micced up talking to Carole about Luann/Tom. She still went to the wedding and Dorinda was a bridesmaid.

Hindsight....did Carole set her up with the Tom / Luanne marriage conversation? Carole so wanted to hurt Luanne.  Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

• Love 4

Barbara appeared on an episode in season nine of the show and during the appearance, she could be heard speaking negatively to Carole about Luann’s wedding with her now ex-husband Tom D’Agostino, Jr. “I think she has something to prove,” she said to Carole as production picked up her microphone off-camera. “She’d rather go through with it and get divorced than call it off.” Before the show moment aired, Barbara tried to go to court and prevent the network from airing it but the case was dismissed. 

These are Bab's own words. Can't see how Carole would have forced those words into Bab's mouth....plus it ended up to be true. 

Why would Babs try to prevent her statement from being aired? Hmmmmm. Sketchy.

I can't see how Bab's can be credible now that we know that she wants to pick and choose what statements she makes are made public. 

Again, I don't even know who she is friends/not friends with as yet. I just know she's not to be trusted.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7

Well that confirms the identity of @msbarbarak from the last photo.    I thought it might be a different Barbara since the blonde was featured so prominently in the picture.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Happy Camper said:

Another housewife pretending to be rich, but not really. Fake lifestyle like Dorit and PK, Alexis and Jim et al...

She is as fake as her awful looking tan.

I don't care whose side she is on, and we don't know this yet. Not going to be a fan.

That bankruptcy disturbs me.  She incurred a ton of legal bills, wonder why/how.   Of course, some could relate to the failure to pay her enormous rent.

Why did she lose all her construction contracts after 9/11?  It seemed like she did remodeling; I guess I can see the recession that followed causing her to lose business, but if she were smart she could have consolidated/downsized.   Or is that just a play for sympathy?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

That bankruptcy disturbs me.  She incurred a ton of legal bills, wonder why/how.   Of course, some could relate to the failure to pay her enormous rent.

Why did she lose all her construction contracts after 9/11?  It seemed like she did remodeling; I guess I can see the recession that followed causing her to lose business, but if she were smart she could have consolidated/downsized.   Or is that just a play for sympathy?

Maybe we should rename this board "The Broke Hammer". LOL!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This is the new face of RHNY??  WTF is with that leg thing next to her? Oh my, Babs. 

Are you kidding us, Bravo? I feel like we're being played.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZfS6tAu8a/?hl=en&taken-by=msbarbarak

Next season will be chalk full of snark opportunities. Carole, thanks for giving us this gift.

Oh Yeah!  Why couldn't she put her  hat on all the way?   Was she afraid to mess up her already messy hair?

ETA:  I thought the washed out lipstick went out of style decades ago

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
On 9/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, Happy Camper said:

Another housewife pretending to be rich, but not really. Fake lifestyle like Dorit and PK, Alexis and Jim et al...

She is as fake as her awful looking tan.

I don't care whose side she is on, and we don't know this yet. Not going to be a fan.

She looks New Jersey or Orange County. Not New York.

• Love 9
On 9/23/2018 at 6:48 PM, Martinigirl said:

Hindsight....did Carole set her up with the Tom / Luanne marriage conversation? Carole so wanted to hurt Luanne.  Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

On 9/23/2018 at 9:57 PM, Happy Camper said:

Barbara appeared on an episode in season nine of the show and during the appearance, she could be heard speaking negatively to Carole about Luann’s wedding with her now ex-husband Tom D’Agostino, Jr. “I think she has something to prove,” she said to Carole as production picked up her microphone off-camera. “She’d rather go through with it and get divorced than call it off.” Before the show moment aired, Barbara tried to go to court and prevent the network from airing it but the case was dismissed. 

These are Bab's own words. Can't see how Carole would have forced those words into Bab's mouth....plus it ended up to be true. 

Why would Babs try to prevent her statement from being aired? Hmmmmm. Sketchy.

I can't see how Bab's can be credible now that we know that she wants to pick and choose what statements she makes are made public. 

Again, I don't even know who she is friends/not friends with as yet. I just know she's not to be trusted.

https://pagesix.com/2017/05/17/carole-radziwill-accused-of-recording-private-conversation/

The FIRST convo was at the filmed Bravo event where Barbara was running her mouth about Tom and Luann. Carole was wearing a mic and Barbara should have known better but didn't...

Kavovit knew ”RHONY” was filming an episode at the party, but she thought she would have some privacy when she stepped aside to talk to Radziwill, the suit claims.

BUT....later in January (after the wedding) Carole called Barbara on the phone, had a half hour conversation with her, when they hung up Carole immediately called her back to let her know that she (Carole ) had just recorded the entire conversation.

Then in late January the two talked again over the phone for a half hour, according to court papers.

As soon as Kavovit hung up, Radziwill called her back and told her that both conversations had been recorded, the suit says.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ki-in said:

https://pagesix.com/2017/05/17/carole-radziwill-accused-of-recording-private-conversation/

The FIRST convo was at the filmed Bravo event where Barbara was running her mouth about Tom and Luann. Carole was wearing a mic and Barbara should have known better but didn't...

Kavovit knew ”RHONY” was filming an episode at the party, but she thought she would have some privacy when she stepped aside to talk to Radziwill, the suit claims.

BUT....later in January (after the wedding) Carole called Barbara on the phone, had a half hour conversation with her, when they hung up Carole immediately called her back to let her know that she (Carole ) had just recorded the entire conversation.

Then in late January the two talked again over the phone for a half hour, according to court papers.

As soon as Kavovit hung up, Radziwill called her back and told her that both conversations had been recorded, the suit says.

That Carole sure was a stand up gal. Recording her and not telling her till after the conversation was over? Yeah she was way above the housewife hijinx.

the conspiracy theory in me is wondering whether Babs was already hired when Carole “quit”

• Love 3

She looks rough. I've lost interest in the franchise (Carole was too grating and how many times can we watch someone fall down drunk?), but I'll prob watch the first ep to see if this woman will be a disaster like the rest.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Atlanta said:

She looks rough. I've lost interest in the franchise (Carole was too grating and how many times can we watch someone fall down drunk?), but I'll prob watch the first ep to see if this woman will be a disaster like the rest.

I think she looks like she is fresh off the Franklin Lakes boat. 

This franchise has lost it's umph.

• Love 5
On 10/30/2018 at 4:30 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she looks like she is fresh off the Franklin Lakes boat. 

This franchise has lost it's umph.

Not sure what that means, but I can imagine. LOL 

So now that the season is winding down, what's the final word on Barbara?  Should she come back next season?  I've never been a big fan of her but last week's episode, the way Ramona treats her, I really felt bad for Baps.  She's not allowed to eat at the cool kids table.  And I agree with what Bethany was saying she just doesn't fit it.  Maybe it's simply different personalities aren't meshing, IDK. 

Her only real friend is Lu and good LAWD Lu has proven she's not really that great of a friend.  I know she's friends with Sonja and seems to be doing better with Dorinda but because she isn't tight with anyone she just seems to be out of sync with everyone.

Like I said I mostly feel bad for her but enh if she isn't back next season I wouldn't be disappointed.

• Love 2

She doesn't really have anyone in her corner, does she? What is her alleged connection supposed to be, that earned her a spot on the show? Is she supposed to be a friend of Lu's? Lu barely pays her any attention. Everyone else seems almost annoyed by her (maybe not Tinsley, but she has manners). Ramona appears to not want anything to do with her. 

Is she on the show because of what she got caught saying on Carole's live mic about Lu and the wedding?

She doesn't really seem to fit in with the others. I know many of them knew her beforehand, but I can't imagine under what circumstances. They're concerned about hobnobbing, and she's got a business to run; Not to mention, fashion doesn't seem to be as much of a  priority for her as it is for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think Barbara's only on the show as some type of appeasement for being "unwittingly mic'ed" when she was talking to Carole a few seasons ago at that party.  The other women know this, so they are icing Barbara out because why should they make nice with her or get too invested if she's currently in their social circle and is on a limited run.  I've noticed that Barbara's camera time went from being pretty prevalent to zilch as the season has progressed. I call her a one-and-done. (I hope.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It's very rare to see a friend host as many events as Barbara has. It's increasingly clear that Barbara was a full housewife who was edited into a friend. I don't know if something happens that causes her to bolt like the lesbian couple on RHoNJ, Amiyah Scott (who is a transwoman) on RHoA, and Katie Hamilton on RHoOC whose divorce filing and estranged husband's cocaine addiction relapse caused her to leave.

1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

I think Barbara's only on the show as some type of appeasement for being "unwittingly mic'ed" when she was talking to Carole a few seasons ago at that party.  The other women know this, so they are icing Barbara out because why should they make nice with her or get too invested if she's currently in their social circle and is on a limited run.  I've noticed that Barbara's camera time went from being pretty prevalent to zilch as the season has progressed. I call her a one-and-done. (I hope.)

I think Barbara is mostly there for Luann because the producers knew how irritated the other women were that Luann twice avoid uncomfortable subjects in 2 reunions. When it became obvious that Luann ducked out of rehab after 2 weeks, the producers knew that the other women would be gunning for her. I think they are  faux appeasing Barbara because Bravo was legally correct on all aspects of Barbara's lawsuit. I think they're giving Barbara a taste of her own medicine. I think they're giving her an opportunity to see how easy it is to fuck up and say something stupid with no producer interference.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2