Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm a little fascinated that Rick isn't even getting the big midseason or season finale death that they usually reserve for anyone of any importance.  Without more details to go on, I'm not sure how to read that.

I think its going to be a Glenn-situation again, only this time, it won't be a fakeout.  He'll die in E5, but left "artfully" open-ended and then confirmation of said death will probably come in the 9A finale (E8). 

Actually, it'll be more like Carl's, in that the audience was left hanging a couple episodes [& the mid-season hiatus] to find out that, yes, he was bit.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1
(edited)

Deadline did report that Andy would only appear in six episodes so it makes sense that Rick dies in episode 5 with flashbacks or such in one additional episode. According to fan sightings, Andy was in NY and was in CT a day or two ago so he has to be finished filming. I will be watching his final episodes. As much as I liked TWD from the beginning, it was Rick who held my interest so I will watch his final episodes to see him off however, he goes.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

I'll watch as well, but I was holding onto a sliver of hope that they wouldn't kill him off, but would leave it open-ended. He dies from a herd? Unbelievably ridiculous. At least give him some sort of heroic death. Seriously, what are the writers thinking? I still love Michonne, Carol, Daryl, Gabriel, and even supporting characters like Dwight (I kind of love Dwight) but this show has always been Rick's (and what I thought was Carl's) story. His death will leave a total hole in the show. And viewers will drop. 

If AL wanted off the show, that is that, but they didn't have to obliterate the character. Sigh.

• Love 3
(edited)

TSDF Army are now saying this (about the Rick-dying-in-Episode 5 info):

UPDATE:

The possibility of some fuckery by TPTB is making itself known. While we still believe our information is credible, the likelihood that some type of shenanigans is afoot is slowly increasing. We stand by the spoiler because it’s the clearest, most reliable information we have at this point. We all know, though, that some things are not always as they appear. (Dumpstergate anyone?)

We care about accuracy, so if we become aware of credible info that says we’re wrong (not just tweets or teases) or some context that matters, we’ll definitely tell you we were wrong and clear it up.

Edited by TVFan17
(edited)
2 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

TSDF Army are now saying this (about the Rick-dying-in-Episode 5 info):

So, IOW, we can expect a "DumpsterGate [or some other  _______Gate], Part Deux".

There is such a thing as running a gimmick into the ground, and then still overusing it....... not that I'd expect those geniuses to ever get that.

You would hope after all the viewer backlash about Dumpstergate and every other terrible decision the show has made for the last couple of seasons they wouldn't fuck around with something as big as maybe doing a cheap fake out on the death of their leading character of eight-plus seasons but they've squandered so much good will on every front that I wouldn't put much past them. 

• Love 2

I might, stress might, catch Rick's last episodes at some future time - truthfully, I would much rather delete the last couple seasons from my mind and remember him for the character he used to be - however.....

I think maybe the death of such a major character should be handled with aplomb.  If Rick Grimes is getting killed off, don't F around.  Make it plain and simple.  Do they really think that using a "ooh, did they die?  Nope... but don't worry, they're end will come a few episodes later anyways" technique, similar to Glenn (or do it like Carl's "last day"), will soften the blow for viewers?  For a headliner like RG??

For the argument that it doesn't matter because its AL's decision to leave and not PTB to kill him off, I agree.  However, the casual viewer won't know that until well after the fact; they'll just assume he was killed off for the ultimate shock-factor, ala Carl.

(edited)

A fan photo and sighting has Andy back at Heathrow so it is "official," he has finished filming.

I think that no matter how Rick dies a bunch of fans won't be satisfied. It is definitely one of those can't please anybody moments.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm done with The Walking Dead. I should've stopped watching after Rick's group arrived at Alexandria and heard children playing inside.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

A fan photo and sighting has Andy back at Heathrow so it is "official," he has finished filming.

The schools are closing soon for the six or so weeks summer holiday, maybe he’s just having a few weeks with his family, especially as i think they would leave filming his ‘Death Scene’until the very last moment for fear of it being leaked.

• Love 1

If these spoilers are accurate, it's the ultimate FU to Andy, the character and the fans.

The show's ratings has already dropped significantly during the Negan era.

Followed by  the deaths of several beloved Characters.

Plus the much anticipated AOW was a huge Failure and disappointment.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WalkerTalker said:

I wonder if they will have Daryl, or Maggie kill him. Something really mind blowing like that, the ultimate betrayal. If so, I wonder if they kill Michonne too. 

The leaks hint that Rick is somehow killed by a herd. Danai is still filming so Michonne isn't dead. Danai's contract ends at the end of this season so we will see what happens with Michonne.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, tv echo said:

I'm done with The Walking Dead. I should've stopped watching after Rick's group arrived at Alexandria and heard children playing inside.

So am I. I made the mistake of watching the finale. I didn't watch Carl die, and I have no interest in watching Rick die. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I wonder if they will have Daryl, or Maggie kill him. Something really mind blowing like that, the ultimate betrayal. If so, I wonder if they kill Michonne too. 

Daryl is AMC’s new lead character and hope for the show, I very much doubt if they’d have him killing off the current lead character and fan favourite, however appealing that scenario might appear. Rick’s decision over Negan by itself, would in no way be reason enough for Maggie to kill him.

if Negan ends up killing Maggie (she has to go somehow) then that could well make someone so angry that they would kill Rick in a rage, but who could that be?

i hope they come up with something more than him being killed by a walker or herd and that it’s done a thousand times better than the mess they made of Madison’s exit. It would be cool if his and Maggie’s deaths could be connected somehow, this is the time for some clever, creative writing!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Daryl is AMC’s new lead character and hope for the show, I very much doubt if they’d have him killing off the current lead character and fan favourite, however appealing that scenario might appear.

Unless it could be portrayed as a mercy killing - Rick being overwhelmed and in the clutches of a hungry horde, and Daryl putting a bullet or crossbow bolt through Rick’s brain before the horde starts ripping Rick to shreds while he’s still alive....

• Love 1

S9 poster

the-walking-dead-s9-poster.jpg.7d90c6795d25462d9827967991808f15.jpg

Call it Mr. Grimes Goes to Washington. A day after the Fourth of July, AMC revealed that Season 9 of The Walking Dead will find Rick journeying to D.C.

In a poster released Thursday, Andrew Lincoln’s hero, his hair buzzed and beard trimmed, is seen in front of the remains of the Capitol Building along with Michonne, Daryl, Carol and Maggie, also sporting a new look that hints at the time jump that new showrunner Angela Kang confirmed in June. Ahead of the zombie drama’s October return, cast members Lincoln (for whom Season 9 is rumored to be the last), Lauren Cohan (Maggie), Norman Reedus (Daryl), Danai Gurira (Michonne), Melissa McBride (Carol) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan) will join Kang, the show’s EPs and director/makeup supervisor Greg Nicotero at the series’ Comic-Con panel, moderated by Yvette Nicole Brown on Friday, July 20 (12:15 pm, Hall H).

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Nashville said:

Unless it could be portrayed as a mercy killing - Rick being overwhelmed and in the clutches of a hungry horde, and Daryl putting a bullet or crossbow bolt through Rick’s brain before the horde starts ripping Rick to shreds while he’s still alive....

A mercy killing is indeed a possibility, it would be very emotional, even more so if Michonne does the deed. We’ve already seen Daryl saying “sorry brother” to Dale before finishing him off, but Daryl would be a scene to remember that’s for sure!

• Love 2
On 7/4/2018 at 7:56 AM, tv echo said:

Team Family's arrival at Alexandria would have been the natural ending for the show. Now, it's a couple of seasons later and AMC is still dragging this corpse around. Talk about your walking dead.

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

A mercy killing is indeed a possibility, it would be very emotional, even more so if Michonne does the deed. We’ve already seen Daryl saying “sorry brother” to Dale before finishing him off, but Daryl would be a scene to remember that’s for sure!

Forget Michonne and Judith. I have no doubt it will be Daryl. They'll make Rick's death all about Daryl, just like they marginalized Maggie to make Glenn's death all about forgiving Daryl. Who cares that Maggie was Glenn's pregnant SO. Daryl was in pain. Priorities, people! Priorities.

I pray Danai bounces as soon as her contract is up.

• Love 2

Sigh.  It's damn Dumpstergate all over again.  Just posted by TSDF Army:

We have become aware of new information regarding Rick’s “death” that we reported earlier. There are now some conflicting reports of an alternate outcome to a predicament that Rick finds himself in while trying to lead a large herd of walkers away. Originally, we were told that Rick would die in this precarious situation. However, now we are hearing that Rick might actually make it out of the situation alive and his fate is left more open-ended. We were also informed that there seems to be some intentional fuckery meant to mislead and throw people off.

So what does this all mean? Well, without clearer intel, and with the warning of intentional misleadings, we are at an impasse. We can’t say with 100% certainty what’s going to happen anymore. We just need to wait and see what other information becomes available. For now, we are downgrading this from TSDF Official to "Tracking." Once we know more, you'll know more.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 4:01 AM, SimoneS said:

Norman Reedus published the photo below on his Instagram.

Nice try, Norman Reedus, but that's an old picture from when Darryl and Rick were reunited at Hilltop last season.  

I have no idea how to link pictures but a quick confirmatory Google image search for "Darryl and Rick Reunite at Hilltop" has this and multiple other images from that episode.

This is the episode where Darryl returns Rick's gun that Darryl got back from the saviors.  Hence, the gun shoved into his ass crack.  

Word on the street (i.e., Facebook spoiler pages) is that Rick's last appearance will be open ended. 

Perhaps he'll amble off in search of Heath.

Edited by Persnickety1
(edited)

Here is the latest from TSDF.

We have become aware of new information regarding Rick’s “death” that we reported earlier. There are now some conflicting reports of an alternate outcome to a predicament that Rick finds himself in while trying to lead a large herd of walkers away. Originally, we were told that Rick would die in this precarious situation. However, now we are learning that Rick might actually make it out of the situation alive and his fate is left more open-ended. We were also informed that there seems to be some intentional fuckery meant to mislead and throw people off.

So what does this all mean? Well, without clearer intel, and with the warning of intentional misleadings, we are at an impasse. We can’t say with 100% certainty what’s going to happen anymore. We just need to wait and see what other information becomes available. For now, we are downgrading this from TSDF Official to "Tracking." Once we know more, you'll know more.

Sounds like TWD might be leaving the door open for Rick to return if Andy decides to return or maybe AMC is trying to keep Rick's final scene secret.  I wonder what they intend to do with Maggie.

Edited by SimoneS
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Sounds like TWD might be leaving the door open for Rick to return if Andy decides to return or maybe AMC is trying to keep Rick's final scene secret.  I wonder what they intend to do with Maggie.

Oh... probably Maggie will abandon her kid, abandon Hilltop, abandon all hopes of revenge against Negan, etc., to go off looking for Rick.  You know, the LOGICAL course.  :P

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Nice try, Norman Reedus, but that's an old picture from when Darryl and Rick were reunited at Hilltop last season.  

I figured he intended it to show how close Rick and Daryl are, not as their last scene or ep together.

7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Sigh.  It's damn Dumpstergate all over again.  Just posted by TSDF Army:

Oh FFS.  I don't mind if they left things open ended but more along the lines of Rick leaves and we know he's leaving, not that Rick is dead/maybe not dead with no answer.  Idiots.

There’s obviously no bump visible on Maggie in the above poster, so unless the talked about forward time jump amounted to no more than a week or two, then Maggie has either lost the baby, or has given birth some time ago. She is, unfortunately believed to be exiting the show sometime in the front half of the season, with Rick down to leave, does that mean we’ll have two ‘orphans’  for the show to have to deal with?  Michonne is the likely career of Judith, but what about baby Glenn, Beth, Hershel? Will Jesus step up and take the job on? Will Carol’s maternal instincts be reawakened to such an extent that she steps in and takes control? 

• Love 1

Regarding Rick’s final scenes, the photos of him at the U.K airport show him sporting the beard shown in the recently released poster, if he had actually filmed his last ever scenes, don’t you think he would have shaved off that damn beard? 

That would have been the first thing I did after all those years of having to grow it, that coupled with my belief that they wouldn’t film his last scenes until the last possible moment  for fear of spoilers, just makes me feel that we’ll see him back filming again later in the year. There should also be some ‘sneaked’ photos of his leaving party if he was genuinely out of there for good! 

• Love 2

I missed that on Maggie. Forgot all about the baby as she has never really shown at all. It sounds like it is a big time jump. I hear Congratulations are in order. Hip,Hip,Hip Hooray for England!  Rolling,rolling,rolling, Keep on going, going,going, take home the win, win, win, England is in the games again!

Have a great weekend!

15 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

There’s obviously no bump visible on Maggie in the above poster, so unless the talked about forward time jump amounted to no more than a week or two, then Maggie has either lost the baby, or has given birth some time ago. She is, unfortunately believed to be exiting the show sometime in the front half of the season, with Rick down to leave, does that mean we’ll have two ‘orphans’  for the show to have to deal with?  Michonne is the likely career of Judith, but what about baby Glenn, Beth, Hershel? Will Jesus step up and take the job on? Will Carol’s maternal instincts be reawakened to such an extent that she steps in and takes control? 

3 orphans - they also have the baby they captured from the Saviors.  Maybe Aaron will be running a nursery after  the time jump ;)

Lord I hope it's not Carol.  That would be such a huge emotional distance from where she is now.  I'd be fine with it as a journey shown on screen but if it all happens off-screen, it would just be character assassination.

• Love 2

Carol is a warrior queen like Michonne. She is actually more strategic in her thinking than Rick, or any other leader to date, except for Eugene maybe. Plus, Carol does not hesitate to make the tough decisions and make them in a timely manner, no hesitation. I sure hope they don't turn her into The Old Lady in The Shoe. 

++++++++++++++++++++++

To all AMC Reward Club members for only 200 points you can enter to win a Katana signed by Danai Gurira. Looks like it is one entry per person. Doesn't look like there is a limit like other rewards. But, it is probably best to get out there ASAP and sign up for a possible win. Good Luck!

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Regarding Rick’s final scenes, the photos of him at the U.K airport show him sporting the beard shown in the recently released poster, if he had actually filmed his last ever scenes, don’t you think he would have shaved off that damn beard? 

That would have been the first thing I did after all those years of having to grow it, that coupled with my belief that they wouldn’t film his last scenes until the last possible moment  for fear of spoilers, just makes me feel that we’ll see him back filming again later in the year. There should also be some ‘sneaked’ photos of his leaving party if he was genuinely out of there for good! 

Andy's beard isn't an indication of anything. He usually has a short beard when he isn't filming which is what he is sporting in the recent photos. He has never been required to grow his beard long for the show although he has done so to add authenticity to Rick. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, rab01 said:

3 orphans - they also have the baby they captured from the Saviors.  Maybe Aaron will be running a nursery after  the time jump ;)

After that disaster with the -50 Cal, how many orphans are there over at The Kingdom I wonder.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I missed that on Maggie. Forgot all about the baby as she has never really shown at all.

I said previously that the writers have so many upcoming opportunities to take us through the whole gamut of emotions, we’ve got Rick and Maggie apparently leaving, we’ve also got seeing Maggie with her child, however old it may be, but with the knowledge that they may very soon be separated forever. If this isn’t the best first half of a season ever, then I’m going to be so disappointed. If they can’t make something special with all the ingredients they’ve got to hand, then maybe it will be time to drop the curtain and just look back on the good times.

26 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I said previously that the writers have so many upcoming opportunities to take us through the whole gamut of emotions, we’ve got Rick and Maggie apparently leaving, we’ve also got seeing Maggie with her child, however old it may be, but with the knowledge that they may very soon be separated forever. If this isn’t the best first half of a season ever, then I’m going to be so disappointed. If they can’t make something special with all the ingredients they’ve got to hand, then maybe it will be time to drop the curtain and just look back on the good times.

They've already passed up those opportunities.  Showing Maggie with her child isn't going to make any difference.  Maggie barely spent 20 minutes mourning her husband.  Hardly any time has been spent on the physical changes she's experiencing and how much she misses Glen, not to mention every member of her blood family.  The show runners were too fucking cheap to pay for a pregnancy pad so...time warp.

The show runner and writers are too lazy to spend time on what being a pregnant woman on her own and leading a community means to Maggie, just like they were too fucking lazy to spend more than 5 minutes on what losing his son meant to Rick.  Because if they did spend any time on Maggie or Rick's loss, their favourite chew toy, Negan would be dead. 

Every member of Team Family have killed people for much less than bludgeoning two beloved family members to death. Now we're supposed to believe that Michonne of all fucking people is okay with Negan living.  Michonne might have fallen for Rick but she didn't have a fucking lobotomy!  Daryl has a fist fight with Rick but he's going to let Negan stay alive?!?!?  Carol is supposed to be the ultimate badass 'warrior queen', yet she's okay with Negan breathing air? Negan should be dead and until he dies (preferably in agony) TWD is going to be a failure.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Every member of Team Family have killed people for much less than bludgeoning two beloved family members to death. Now we're supposed to believe that Michonne of all fucking people is okay with Negan living.  Michonne might have fallen for Rick but she didn't have a fucking lobotomy!  Daryl has a fist fight with Rick but he's going to let Negan stay alive?!?!?  Carol is supposed to be the ultimate badass 'warrior queen', yet she's okay with Negan breathing air? Negan should be dead and until he dies (preferably in agony) TWD is going to be a failure.

Maybe the writers will finally realize what they've done, and have Carol give him a "look at the flowers" moment. Only she won't be devastated when she does. 

I'm only reading this thread, because it's the one thread I subscribed to in this forum, a few years ago. I've just realized that I'm not even interested in spoilers anymore, because the story is so bad, and the characters suck now. Most of them. I feel like half of the actors have checked out, and are only showing up to complete their contracts. 

I wish they had a forum or thread for Doctor Foster, here. I can't find one. The characters in this show, are pretty awful - I don't know if any of them are really likable - but the first season had me hooked a couple of years ago, and I've been working my way through the second season, over the past two days. If I hadn't left the house, I would have finished it.

• Love 1
(edited)

RE: the s9 poster....  of course when I've decided to give up on the show, they are hinting at finally getting the F around to explaining the helicopter(s)!

*walks away from TWD PTB, while flipping the bird at them*

IF they leave Rick's 'last scenes' truly open-ended, then I think the rumors of AL quitting was a big fat lie.  Most likely will be a long-con of sorts.  He'll either reappear as the S9 finale is ending or he'll be back next season.

But it doesn't matter, whether AL leaves or not, I am still done with caring about anything to do with this show.  Might watch in the future, but doubt it if AL does really leave.

This show isn't even a pale imitation of itself anymore, its a horribly unenjoyable parody.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Every member of Team Family have killed people for much less than bludgeoning two beloved family members to death.

Who? Names, please. Gee, I don't think I know who... oh, wait. Now I remember. Too bad no one on this show seems to. Hard to tell, since none of the remaining CDB seems to have any interaction with any of the others, unless it's to make a speech, issue orders or talk about appearing/disappearing ammunition.

One would think someone like maybe Michonne would casually point out to Ricky, "Gee, babe - I know it's been a long time, but remember when Negan threatened to make you cut off Carl's arm? Or when he said he'd cut out his remaining eye and make you eat it? And what about the time he held the baseball bat over your child's head and was in mid-swing when the Attack Tiger saved the day (and Carl's melon)? What about the way he tortured Daryl, your 'brother'? *snicker* Okay, forget about him, but are you really sure you want to keep Uncle Negan all safe and sound in his special protective cell and make everyone feed and tend to him? Yeah? You are? Well, okay. I'm behind you then! I'm sure Maggie, Daryl and Rosita won't mind. To hell with Glenn and old whatsisname. You know - Big guy. Red hair. Dolphin smooth. Starts with an "A".  Able? Arnold?..something like that. It'll come to me."

"That's my girl!" says Ricky.

Someone in the crowd yells out, "Rick! Rick is merciful!" <sound of cheering>

• Love 9
(edited)

Mmmmmm, I’m not feeling a lot of love for the show, after so many years and so much effort i will be watching the last minute of the last show ever. I hold out hope that things can be turned around, although it may be in name only, I’m holding out hope that ‘The Gimp’s’ influence will be greatly reduced and others can still steer the ship away from the whirlpool into oblivion!

the whole damn Negan ‘thing’ has been a curse on the show, The Gimps insistence on Coral dying to validate Negan’s survival is the pinnacle of that curse

I think back to the Wolves, that sorry bunch of losers with not a gun between them, and yet the way they were introduced, slowly and teasingly was great, what does that W carved into peoples foreheads mean? To most of us non comic readers they were scary, we thought something horrific was just around the corner. The effect they had amounted to much more than the sum of their parts and that was all down to good writing. I refuse to believe that we can’t get to a similar point again!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3
On 7/8/2018 at 11:34 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Who? Names, please. Gee, I don't think I know who... oh, wait. Now I remember. Too bad no one on this show seems to. Hard to tell, since none of the remaining CDB seems to have any interaction with any of the others, unless it's to make a speech, issue orders or talk about appearing/disappearing ammunition.

One would think someone like maybe Michonne would casually point out to Ricky, "Gee, babe - I know it's been a long time, but remember when Negan threatened to make you cut off Carl's arm? Or when he said he'd cut out his remaining eye and make you eat it? And what about the time he held the baseball bat over your child's head and was in mid-swing when the Attack Tiger saved the day (and Carl's melon)? What about the way he tortured Daryl, your 'brother'? *snicker* Okay, forget about him, but are you really sure you want to keep Uncle Negan all safe and sound in his special protective cell and make everyone feed and tend to him? Yeah? You are? Well, okay. I'm behind you then! I'm sure Maggie, Daryl and Rosita won't mind. To hell with Glenn and old whatsisname. You know - Big guy. Red hair. Dolphin smooth. Starts with an "A".  Able? Arnold?..something like that. It'll come to me."

"That's my girl!" says Ricky.

Someone in the crowd yells out, "Rick! Rick is merciful!" <sound of cheering>

I have a feeling that something like this will be on the DVD as a deleted scene.  Can't have too many Michonne scenes after all.  The real tragedy is that your comment is better than most of the writing this show has had for years. 

I am absolutely amazed at how tightly the idiots in charge are clinging to Negan when he is clearly destroying the show.  The arrogance of this whole thing is approaching Greek tragedy levels.  Nobody wants to admit that everything about Negan is wrong, wrong, wrong, from the way he looks, to JDM's performance.  I'm not faulting JDM because an actor's job is to go as far as possible.  It's the DIRECTOR'S job to pull the actor back in.  It's not JDM's job to worry about the state of the show.  But I can't imagine what he must be going through.  He has to know what fans and critics are saying about Negan.  Yet the people who pay his salary are clinging tighter and tighter to him.  What's he supposed to do?

The party line is that they're following the comic, but we all know that's total bullshit.  In the comic, Daryl doesn't exist, Carol is long dead and Michonne is blissfully Rick-free.  The comic stopped being sacred text a while ago and the last connection TWD had with the source material was severed when they killed Carl.  I don't know what this bullshit that AMC is bankrolling is, but it ISN'T The Walking Dead.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It's not JDM's job to worry about the state of the show.  But I can't imagine what he must be going through.  He has to know what fans and critics are saying about Negan. 

No one cares about critics who don't enter into any financial equation and it seems Negan has a whole army of fanatical fans, consisting of very young women and beta males who all crush on him/want to be him. He has a leather jacket and a spiked bat! Cool! He has a harem of "hot" women in little black dresses who teeter around in high heels to do his bidding and advertise his sexual prowess! His nutsack is made of steel! He's tough! He's a beast, but a chivalrous one, a regular Galahad! *swoon* No rape allowed, well except by threats and coercion that is, a major point which his rabid fans just Do. Not. Get. Duh. Kirkman's alter ego, his self-insert, isn't going anywhere any time soon and that we may see Negan as an over-aged juvenile, a boring, foul-mouthed Fonzie/braggart/bully with a high school mentality really doesn't matter. Had his comic book persona been toned down to fit live-action with real people, and had he been disposed of in a timely fashion it could have been a whole different show.

47 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Yet the people who pay his salary are clinging tighter and tighter to him.  What's he supposed to do?

Exactly. It's a job and he's got bills to pay. I'm sure he sees how increasingly shitty this show has become since it started to revolve around him. Who is going to be altrusitic enough to walk away from a job that pays (I'm sure) really well? Being an actor is a precarious trade. They never know if after one job is done that they'll ever get another. Besides, this show got shitty (Dumpster Glenn, Peaceniks and Warmongers musical chairs etc etc etc) before JDM ever swaggered into it, IMO. However it has now turned into a really tedious third-rate cartoon, with the "I'm gonna kill you" x 100 garbage (and Garbage People - like wtf??) that is so cringe-worthy, so outlandishly dumb it makes the real Roadrunner/Coyote look like brilliant and gripping drama.

• Love 4

Anyone seen this by Kirkman?

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/07/10/robert-kirkman-scott-gimple-surprise-comic-die-walking-dead/

Kirkman is a talented guy, lots of imagination, yet I question his level of intelligence or integrity, a new collaboration with ‘The Gimp’ has me confused, can’t or won’t he see what effect ‘The Gimp’ has had on TWD? Can’t he see how much this man has ruined one of the best shows in recent televisual history? I don’t understand how Kirkman can sit back and act as if nothing is wrong, is there a mass hysteria that takes over the normal, rational thought of a person who has reached a certain level within the AMC, Walking Dead hierarchy? So much so that they cannot see what millions of viewers can so plainly see? Can someone please corner Kirkman and ask him how he feels about what ‘The Gimp’ has done to TWD!

• Love 2
(edited)

Fall TV Preview: Who's In? Who's Out? Your Guide to Every Casting Move!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 10 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/07/10/lethal-weapon-clayne-crawford-leaving-fall-tv-casts-returning-shows/

86 of 89
TV Cast Changes (2018-2019) 
The Walking Dead

Former cast member Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as the very dead Shane Walsh during a Season 9 episode.

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-cast-changes-returning-shows-new-actors-leaving-2018/#!86/bernthal-3/

87 of 89
The Walking Dead

Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie and now stars in the midseason ABC drama Whiskey Cavalier, is expected to appear in only the first half of Season 9.

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-cast-changes-returning-shows-new-actors-leaving-2018/#!87/the-walking-dead-lauren-cohan-back-season-9-maggie/

88 of 89
The Walking Dead

Avi Nash and Callan McAuliffe, who play Siddiq and Alden, have been promoted to series regulars for Season 9.

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-cast-changes-returning-shows-new-actors-leaving-2018/#!88/walking-dead-season-9-promotions/

89 of 89
The Walking Dead

Though unconfirmed by AMC, Andrew Lincoln is reportedly set to exit the series during Season 9, appearing in only a half-dozen episodes.

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-cast-changes-returning-shows-new-actors-leaving-2018/#!89/the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-s8-finale-dw/

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Can someone please corner Kirkman and ask him how he feels about what ‘The Gimp’ has done to TWD!

I don't think the core problem with TWD over the last few years has been Gimple. Sure, we can debate his merits as a showrunner, but, all in all, I think he's a good writer. I think the most fundamental problems with TWD stem from the (allegedly) unsavory business practices at AMC.

For example, I don't think Gimple wanted to kill off Carl. I think AMC didn't want to pay Chandler Riggs, and Gimple had to come up with a reason and a way to write him off the show. I think the show should have ended at the gates of Alexandria when TF finally arrived at a safe space. I often wondered why AMC didn't just cancel TWD and spinoff AOW. I mean, really. It hasn't been a show about zombies for a long time.  I read that AMC hasn't developed a comparable hit show since TWD debuted in 2010.  Last I read, they don't really have any new shows in the pipeline either. If that's the case, they couldn't cancel TWD because they don't have a replacement.  I guess the network can't escape its history of allegedly cheating its business associates, and they attract lawsuits like sh*t attracts flies. Who wants to join a network that you may have to turn around and sue because they're cheating you out of your profits and everybody and (literally) their mother (that poor stuntman) is already in litigation against the network? I also imagine that cancelling the show would void their current contracts. How much of their before AND behind the scenes talent will opt to go elsewhere when their contracts are over?  I think that's why the big shake-up in the writers room just involved kicking Gimple up to a better job and elevating one of their existing writers. You know, kind of like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

**shrugs**

Edited by LydiaMoon1
(edited)
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/07/10/robert-kirkman-scott-gimple-surprise-comic-die-walking-dead/

Kirkman is a talented guy, lots of imagination, yet I question his level of intelligence or integrity, a new collaboration with ‘The Gimp’ has me confused, can’t or won’t he see what effect ‘The Gimp’ has had on TWD? Can’t he see how much this man has ruined one of the best shows in recent televisual history? I don’t understand how Kirkman can sit back and act as if nothing is wrong, is there a mass hysteria that takes over the normal, rational thought of a person who has reached a certain level within the AMC, Walking Dead hierarchy? So much so that they cannot see what millions of viewers can so plainly see? Can someone please corner Kirkman and ask him how he feels about what ‘The Gimp’ has done to TWD!

Oooh...that Looks like and Sounds like a Lead Role for ''ABRAHAM''..Michael Cudlitz….he looks exactly like the character!

Edited by jingles13
miss spell
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I read further down the page re;Rick Grimes exit. Sounds like they don't have to kill him off. Just let the dude take a vacay to England. Spend the summer with his family. Let him re-energize, and bring him back. There is a comment section on the article asking what would you like to see happen to RG. Let some craycray kidnap him and hold him hostage for a while. Team Rick thinkin he is dead comes upon his situation one day and rescues him. Not so craycray in the za. 

(edited)
On 7/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I will never understand this insistence that Gimple has "ruined" TWD, especially since it remains the highest rated tv drama in the key 18 to 49 demo after 8 seasons which is the definition of success in a capitalist society. IMO, Gimple has been the showrunner /writer of some of the show's best episodes and he is responsible for giving the women characters substance that didn't exist before him. And considering that Kirkman was instrumental in both Darabont and Mazzera's firings, the answer is that he is quite satisfied with Gimple's work, especially since Kirkman has ultimate creative control over the content.

Edited by SimoneS