Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

We invite you to draw your own conclusions on what will happen. Review the spoiler journal, filming and discussion threads, and take what bits you ...can and try to put the pieces together.

So. obviously, it's Carl.  At the very least.

• Love 2

I can think of some awfully gruesome scenarios that involve both Carl and Judith dying.  So gruesome, I won't even write them here.  Unfortunately, I don't trust this show's creators not to go there.  Between things like the graphic, extended death scenes of Glenn & Abraham, up to and including their loving "artistic" slow-mo close-ups of Eugene's projectile vomiting in the most recent episode, I think this show would go to whatever extent network censors will allow in order to shock and horrify viewers. I remember seeing Gimple on Talking Dead after the Glenn/Abraham deaths saying he was surprised the network censors let them get away with it.  He was so pleased with himself about that. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

So there seems to be some spec in the Q&A thread that CR is a member of the forum and asked them to not post it? 

I hope it's not another cliffhanger. This show is no longer good at those. Among other things.

Who is CR?

Just now, catrox14 said:

Oh duh. LOL thanks

Lol!  I had to think about, don't feel bad.  Hey, maybe he reads this, too.  Chandler, don't die!!!  lol

14 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I can think of some awfully gruesome scenarios that involve both Carl and Judith dying.  So gruesome, I won't even write them here.  Unfortunately, I don't trust this show's creators not to go there.  Between things like the graphic, extended death scenes of Glenn & Abraham, up to and including their loving "artistic" slow-mo close-ups of Eugene's projectile vomiting in the most recent episode, I think this show would go to whatever extent network censors will allow in order to shock and horrify viewers. I remember seeing Gimple on Talking Dead after the Glenn/Abraham deaths saying he was surprised the network censors let them get away with it.  He was so pleased with himself about that. 

The almost arm chopping thing was totally disturbing.  If they won't let us be spoiled, I will have to just check here when it happens, because I'm not going to watch unprepared.

And ditto to the posters saying it better not be another crappy cliffhanger.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

So there seems to be some spec in the Q&A thread that CR is a member of the forum and asked them to not post it? 

I just noticed the admin of the page gave a "like" to this post.  I haven't seen them "like" any other posts on that thread, so this would lend some credibility to that theory:

Shiney, Ninja, and the rest of the TSDF I commend y'all. We basically know who and what, so out of respect for the character and the one who plays him. You guys did right and I AIN'T MAD AT CHA! GOT NOTHIN BUT LOVE FOR YA!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SnarkyTart said:

From the Spoiling Dead Fans Army facebook page:

Jeez!  Nothing like this has ever happened before.  Discuss!

I know they got into some trouble with AMC when they spoiled the Abraham and Glenn deaths, but they say that's not why they're making this choice now and I believe them.  I would say that Carl is dead as fuck.  Even though that's the biggest death in the history of the show, that alone doesn't seem enough to account for their self-imposed silence.  Now I'm wondering what else is in store?  Maybe the MSF is when the show does the time jump?  Or maybe more than only Carl is going to die in this episode?  I don't know.  At least with this kind of sort of heads up of something Very Big, I can make the decision not to watch it live.  That's the choice I made for the Abraham/Glenn death episode, which I have not watched to this day.  And I never will.

I made the mistake of watching the recording, the next day, and regretted it. Three months to the date, of losing my mother (which I still haven't really got used to) - I didn't need to see (or hear) that. As well as dealing with fictional grief of those living, when I had my own grieving to do.

also: I know it's a violent show, but I'm really put off by the fact that over 17 million viewers tuned in to see two men get their brains bashed in, and then there was a huge drop off in the ratings. That's just gross to me. 

58 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

If the baby dies, that will be it for me. I almost quit when Herschel was killed, and the baby was missing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mnemosyne said:

I hope it's not another cliffhanger. This show is no longer good at those. Among other things.

Where is this forum? 

Oh, Facebook? I deactivated my account.

Edited by Anela
3 minutes ago, Anela said:

Where is this forum? 

Oh, Facebook? I deactivated my account.

Yes, it's on facebook.

9 minutes ago, Anela said:

I made the mistake of watching the recording, the next day, and regretted it. Three months to the date, of losing my mother (which I still haven't really got used to) - I didn't need to see (or hear) that. As well as dealing with fictional grief of those living, when I had my own grieving to do.

I'm sorry that happened to you.  I saw a post on the facebook thread suggesting that people who might have a serious reaction to the graphic death of a character they're attached to should probably avoid watching this episode. 

• Love 2

What a way to keep an audience.  You probably SHOULDN'T watch our show because we graphically murder the characters you love.  K thx bye.
I just thought of a terrible cliffhanger idea.  What if they just reveal Carl's bite in "the SHOCKING moment everyone will be talking about"  So then everyone can agonize over it over Christmas break before they finally kill him off next year.  That sounds like something they would do.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, peach said:

What a way to keep an audience.  You probably SHOULDN'T watch our show because we graphically murder the characters you love.  K thx bye.
I just thought of a terrible cliffhanger idea.  What if they just reveal Carl's bite in "the SHOCKING moment everyone will be talking about"  So then everyone can agonize over it over Christmas break before they finally kill him off next year.  That sounds like something they would do.

This is exactly what I think will happen. Or he and Rick both get bit.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

This is exactly what I think will happen. Or he and Rick both get bit.

Maybe Carl will bite Rick.  lol  But no, I want Rick to survive and for Shane's ghost to haunt him til he dies.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, peach said:

You make me laugh. :) I wouldn't mind if they were killing off Negan. I'd probably even have snacks. 

great. I guess I will be skipping this one, too. I haven't watched this last one. 

• Love 1

Hmm, that's interesting. They already put Carl's death out there, so I'm not sure why confirming it would be so bad, unless there really was a request from CR not to spoil the ep. But I wonder if there's another big death...Daryl? That would be huge news. Michonne? Carl holding Judith and taking Lori's comic death? That would be shocking. I don't know, but I really hope its not multiple core characters. Carl is bad enough.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think I know what the shocking moment will be. Negan and Rick decide to settle everything once and for all with an actual, honest to God, dick measuring contest, judged by Jadis.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think I know what the shocking moment will be. Negan and Rick decide to settle everything once and for all with an actual, honest to God, dick measuring contest, judged by Jadis.

Great idea! We'd finally find out who's the real cock of the walk! 

I bet they don't have the balls to do this, though. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Hmm, that's interesting. They already put Carl's death out there, so I'm not sure why confirming it would be so bad, unless there really was a request from CR not to spoil the ep. But I wonder if there's another big death...Daryl? That would be huge news. Michonne? Carl holding Judith and taking Lori's comic death? That would be shocking. I don't know, but I really hope its not multiple core characters. Carl is bad enough.

I didn't believe them when they spoiled two deaths in season 7; Abraham and Glenn. I only believed Abraham would be killed so I have learnt my lesson. They say it is Carl so I believe them. Judith is safe because we can see the top of her head walking with Rick in the pictures taken in the season finale.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I didn't believe them when they spoiled two deaths in season 7; Abraham and Glenn. I only believed Abraham would be killed so I have learnt my lesson. They say it is Carl so I believe them. Judith is safe because we can see the top of her head walking with Rick in the pictures taken in the season finale.

And it definitely wasn't baby Grace? I do believe Carl is a goner, I just wonder if he's not the only one.

14 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Is there any possibility that maybe Michonne may be getting offed? If DG is doing movies, that'd be a possibility right?

The way she wandered around aimlessly in the last episode, they might as well.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

And it definitely wasn't baby Grace? I do believe Carl is a goner, I just wonder if he's not the only one.

Grace isn't walking so it definitely wasn't her.

Edited by SimoneS
16 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Is there any possibility that maybe Michonne may be getting offed? If DG is doing movies, that'd be a possibility right?

I hope not. However if they keep ruining Michonne I rather she die gloriously before it gets any worse. Between her relationship with Rick and DG being off screen for Marvel movies, Michonne hasn't been the same for a long time. I want old Michonne back. If Carl dies/disappears, I hope Michonne gets some fire under her ass again.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Well, that was....riveting.  Can't wait for 90 minutes of it.  LOL on the empty boxes though.  whatever.

Also, either I didn't watch all of last season or I just don't remember, but wtf is Rosita's problem at the moment, anyway?   What's the attitude about?

Edited by peach
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, peach said:

Also, either I didn't watch all of last season or I just don't remember, but wtf is Rosita's problem at the moment, anyway?   What's the attitude about?

Remember what show you are watching. Rosita's attitude is what it is 'because'. In all seriousness, hasn't she been b*tchy ever since Abe died? Seems to be her default emotion for all eternity.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Smad said:

Remember what show you are watching. Rosita's attitude is what it is 'because'. In all seriousness, hasn't she been b*tchy ever since Abe died? Seems to be her default emotion for all eternity.

In fairness to Rosita, she got bitchy when Abe rudely dumped her for Sasha (also just 'because').  But they're both dead now, so I guess she'll just be bitchy at Tara.  But she believes in Rick Grimes, you guys.  That might have been the most unintentionally funny line of the season.

Also, how stupid for Tara to say their deviation from the plan "worked."  They fucking LEFT.  She has no idea what happened.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peach said:

In fairness to Rosita, she got bitchy when Abe rudely dumped her for Sasha (also just 'because').  But they're both dead now, so I guess she'll just be bitchy at Tara.  But she believes in Rick Grimes, you guys.  That might have been the most unintentionally funny line of the season.

I always experience disconnect with the show due to the timeline. I remember how people were frustrated with how the characters behaved between S4-S6 or during S2. Then I read that between the prison being blown up mid S4 and the mid S6 finale it's only been like a month in the show's timeline. It kind of blew my mind because I thought it was longer and then I was more ok with how some characters behaved. The writers should make more of an effort to put in timeline hints because for us viewers it's years vs the days/weeks for the characters.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Grace isn't walking so it definitely wasn't her.

Oh, ha, I missed the "walking" part. Well good, I'm glad Judith seems to make it. I'm on the West Coast, so I'll read any spoilers before I watch, but I'm very curious about this ep. In a way, for those who follow spoilers, I feel like the hype is so high for this MSF because of them now not releasing them. If Carl is the only big shocker, I'll be super sad, but not surprised, obviously. But I wonder how the casual viewers will take it, especially with Carl still being alive in the comics. I don't think it's going to go over well at all.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Smad said:

Well...

...first Rosita gets to watch her VERY-recently-ex-boyfriend’s head get smashed flat by Negan...

...then Rosita gets to watch her NEXT boyfriend get gutted in the middle of the street - again by Negan...

...at which point Rosita takes a shot at Negan - which misses by a (totally unbelievable) fluke...

...for which abortive attempt Negan, to punish Rosita, has Olivia shot...

...after which Rosita gets shot by GPKs who went turncoat for Negan.

So yeah, I’ll give Rosita a pass on a certain degree of grumpiness.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well...

...first Rosita gets to watch her VERY-recently-ex-boyfriend’s head get smashed flat by Negan...

...then Rosita gets to watch her NEXT boyfriend get gutted in the middle of the street - again by Negan...

...at which point Rosita takes a shot at Negan - which misses by a (totally unbelievable) fluke...

Okay, I skipped all that stuff where Spencer and Olivia got killed, etc.    But she still acts more like a bored teenager who doesn't want to go to the Sunday picnic than someone broken by constant, tragic loss.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I got the impression that she wasn't that into him, anyway.  Didn't she blow off his dinner invite before he got gutted? 

28 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well...

I'll give you all that except it's stretched out over such a long time and comes in such small doses (due to the bloated cast) and you forget how short a time it's been for the characters that you can lose track. Too many characters on this show to fully explore any kind of character journey. Like I said they need to pick their main characters, some from each community, and focus on them. Let anyone else truly be red-shirts so that their appearances come down to *main character goes to red-shirt and asks 'how is the garden coming along?'* and that's it.

Never noticed Rosita being all that into Spencer really. But I don't pay much attention to her character, she just sort of been there for a few Seasons now. I don't think I know anything about her really but that might just be because she's just there for me.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

From the Spoiling Dead Fans Army facebook page:

Wow bummer.  I was looking forward to the Q&A. 

Another desperate ploy by the desperate writers and producers.

Oh. Wait. Did I say that out loud?

LOL.  Well I agree with you.  We've barely seen Carl, the "all out war" all out sucks; we've been wasting time and dragggging on; so it's the MSF and SHOCKING DEATH time.  From what everyone's been saying it has to be Carl.

I can't see this making the show better.  I'll watch it live because the live posting is fun but there was a time when I was very careful not be spoiled for this show and now I just don't really care.

With Carl most probably dead, I'll care even less.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Smad said:

I'll give you all that except it's stretched out over such a long time and comes in such small doses (due to the bloated cast) and you forget how short a time it's been for the characters that you can lose track.

Yup.  What’s been over a year for us has been just a smidge over three weeks for them.

1 hour ago, Smad said:

Never noticed Rosita being all that into Spencer really. 

I doubt Rosita really was - but apparently she HAS to put Negan down if she wants any action.  Negan keeps killing everyone Rosita sleeps with; if I were her, I know *I’d* be feeling a little picked-on.

• Love 4

I thinks it’s super fucking lame that a site that is built on spoilers isn’t releasing spoilers.  Acting all bitchy and self righteous when the people they have been releasing spoilers to ask why no spoilers now. 

fuck them.  Fuck them with Eugene’s off brand I pod.   

I suppose they will kill off Michonne soon enough.  Sure the actor is pursuing greener pastures, but can’t one favorite ever leave without being brutally killed?

fuckers. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

I doubt Rosita really was - but apparently she HAS to put Negan down if she wants any action.  Negan keeps killing everyone Rosita sleeps with; if I were her, I know *I’d* be feeling a little picked-on.

Ok, now that smarts. I can't believe that none of the women at least raided a sex shop or something. Considering the ladies already missed their vibrators back in S1 you'd think it would be high time now. And wouldn't that be a funny episode. The girls go on a trip for some much needed girl bonding and 'stuff and thangs'.

• Love 4