Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I am convinced that a lot of media critics and some fans want to take what is unique about TWD and turn it the typical stale tv drama where no one dies or suffers in any meaningful way. I am always struck how they act like a character's death is some personal vendetta by the writers against them. I find some of the deaths traumatizing. Hershel, Lori, TDog, and Noah's death still haunt me, but I keep watching even though I know that other characters that I care about might die because I think that this is one of the best shows ever on tv and it entertains the crap out of me every week. 

I certainly hope that the show doesn't stop emphasizing romances and intimate relationships. I think that all the love stories and couples on the show are meaningful in one way or the other. I feel like the writers have finally reached a point where the characters have balanced lives in their nihilistic world. Rick loving Michonne doesn't mean that he loves Carl or Judith any less or that those bonds are important. What is the point of surviving in that brutal world without the possibility of sharing love and passion with another person?  

I just wish there was a balance. For instance, all that time with Beth and Daryl, and all the ship-teasing. It did neither character any favors and just felt manipulative, especially when they didn't even let Maggie mention her sister. Or this season, we've mostly just seen Sasha in the Abraham story. What about her friendship with Maggie, or bond with Michonne, or even Gabriel?

• Love 4

Many of the sections at IMDb are open-user; I've submitted trivia, goofs, summaries, reviews, etc. for twelve years. (Get a "Like" option on the boards already, damn it!)   But it's not a Wikipedian free-for-all.  If it were, some of those idiots would have Seymour Butts starring in every production.

I dunno. It's almost an annual tradition in the Game of Thrones fandom for some yahoo to edit the last episode of the season to include an actor or actors playing a previously-deceased character under the cast heading. This happens a lot for shows with very active Internet fandoms. That it's happening for TWD is not surprising.

STD has said that Emily Kinney is not showing up in the finale. The claim that she was spotted on set was also debunked by either STD or TSDF.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

Anyone else notice in the last episode, when Carl picks up the gun, it has a carving of a studded baseball bat on the handle?! The Hilltop folks did mention that the Saviors killed a teen boy, and to spin it a bit, Michonne and Carl had a heartfelt talk about how Carl would end Michinne out of love if she was a walker... **Michonne DID eat the forbidden fruit!!

NR superfans will come up with all sorts of excuses why he sold his house, but in all honesty, I have seen no evidence that he was beyond pestered by fans at his home. All evidence I have seen points to him living in a small rental apartment while in Georgia now. The writers are working overtime at distracting us with clues and Easter eggs about many of the group, but Reedus selling his very beloved home out in the country in Georgia is THE biggest clue to me. Honestly, I hope I am wrong....

Spoilers about the season finale have slowed to a halt.

I was hoping to hear about who gets "Lucilled" before I see it...just to prepare myself for the shock and horror of it. I do better when I am prepared for the particularly disturbing manners of death (Hershel, Lori) than when I'm not (Noah, Dale).

Regardless, media outlets are having a grand time with their death predictions. And I'm sure that's exactly what TPTB were hoping for. I am less inclined to believe the "cliffhanger ending" rumors. Come Sunday night, I think that we will see who gets their head smashed and it will be awful.

• Love 4

Hee, I'm so goofy--I squint and blur as I scroll through the posts in this thread. 

I love speculating with the benefit of additional clues like the "For Sale" sign at Norm's place, whether Glen's mentors got a genuine callback or that's a hacker herring.

But do I click on that link to EW's spoiler article, which promises to deliver the goods?  No!

I know.  I need to stay away from here because someone will soon lay it all out and that's fair game.  But the mod at the non-spoiler thread just administered a sound reprimand for someone mentioning Lucille and I'm too far along to go back.  (I thought the smushy head Polaroids were even creepier and more dread-inducing with foreknowledge of Lucille than without.)

I need a thread where we can pet but we stop at third base.

: )

• Love 3

Hee, I'm so goofy--I squint and blur as I scroll through the posts in this thread. 

I love speculating with the benefit of additional clues like the "For Sale" sign at Norm's place, whether Glen's mentors got a genuine callback or that's a hacker herring.

But do I click on that link to EW's spoiler article, which promises to deliver the goods?  No!

I know.  I need to stay away from here because someone will soon lay it all out and that's fair game.  But the mod at the non-spoiler thread just administered a sound reprimand for someone mentioning Lucille and I'm too far along to go back.  (I thought the smushy head Polaroids were even creepier and more dread-inducing with foreknowledge of Lucille than without.)

I need a thread where we can pet but we stop at third base.

: )

Haha, love this post!  I also kind of squint and skim.  I'm gonna have to stay out of here as we get closer to Sunday.

• Love 1

I wonder if any additional, reliable spoilers will even trickle out before Sunday.  What we already learned may be it as far as spoilers -- Morgan finds Carol (who is injured), and wants to take her back to Alexandria but she refuses; Rick and some of the gang end up with Negan, and then we get a big ol' cliffhanger to frustrate us for 6 months!

I would like more spoilers to find out what becomes of everyone, but I wonder if the spoiler well will dry up at this point.

I wonder if any additional, reliable spoilers will even trickle out before Sunday.  What we already learned may be it as far as spoilers -- Morgan finds Carol (who is injured), and wants to take her back to Alexandria but she refuses; Rick and some of the gang end up with Negan, and then we get a big ol' cliffhanger to frustrate us for 6 months!

I would like more spoilers to find out what becomes of everyone, but I wonder if the spoiler well will dry up at this point.

Good luck on that.  From what I've seen, everyone just wants to talk about if there will be a cliffhanger on who Negan kills.

• Love 1

I hope we get something today or tomorrow. 

I was pretty confident a few days ago that the three safest characters on the show are Rick, Carl and Michonne for the reasons we've discussed here:

Rick: This is his journey

Carl: Everything Rick does is for Carl and Judith and the hope-for-the-future they represent

Michonne: She is the woman Rick has chosen to take and end this journey with

but I'm starting to get nervous about them because of all the speculation I keep reading on other boards.

On one hand, yes, I agree that apple was a sign of something and not just a breath freshener, and Rick's arrogant "The world is ours and we know how to take it" crap was not a good sign. But, maybe the apple was just a breath freshener and the bad sign is simply that they are going from peaceful bedroom cuddling to outright war. And Rick needed to be arrogant at the start of "East" in order for his vulnerability and fear to have the greatest impact at the end of the episode when he was with Abe.

And killing Michonne now would make her journey all about Rick, I think. She's more to this story than a plot device to increase Rick's misery. Plus, there's still much to learn about her. Rick doesn't even know she had a son, and Michonne doesn't know that Judith may be Shane's. I'm not sure the show plans to go into any of that, but there's still a lot of angst to be had with these two.

I believe Morgan and Carol are safe now. Mainly because the spoilers indicate they end up somewhere else together. Some say they end up at The Kingdom. I don't know much about this, but if The Kingdom/Ezekiel are being introduced in 7B, it makes sense Morgan and Carol will stick around to introduce this new group. I also think Morgan is the most likely to take over for Rick if AL decides to leave the show. I say that as someone who has no idea what Morgan's journey is in the comics, or whether he's still alive...

So speculation I've been reading on reddit is that two major characters will be "Lucilled" and only one will die. They say we will see one victim, but not the other, and that will be the cliffhanger. Who knows where this comes from, but it could happen and makes more sense to me than having a full blown cliffhanger. It would mean we end the season believing/knowing one character is dead and not knowing the fate of another character. ::shudder::

• Love 2

[...] everyone just wants to talk about if there will be a cliffhanger on who Negan kills.

Indeed.

Seems kind of redundant to end last week with "Hey!  Whose blood was that?" and next week with "Hey!  Whose head was that?"

I think tension can be sustained for <groan> six months with "Holy shit, the team's in a dodgy position."

But there's also Maggie peril and, breaking news (for me,) Carol peril.  They'll probably be able to introduce a third element of subsidiary peril in a 90-minute episode--maybe Jesus is a double-agent or there's a Father Gabriel/Judith situation.

I anticipate a fine little nailbiter.

• Love 1

I know that at least 1 person and maybe 2 people will die but I don't really want that to happen. I just don't know why that has to happen. We know that Negan is going to have ASZ under his thumb. I am just worried.

I just can't imagine that the show would go the route of killing Michonne just to further Rick's angst, especially after just having them discover that they love each other.

Edited by catcory
  • Love 1

On one hand, yes, I agree that apple was a sign of something and not just a breath freshener, and Rick's arrogant "The world is ours and we know how to take it" crap was not a good sign. But, maybe the apple was just a breath freshener and the bad sign is simply that they are going from peaceful bedroom cuddling to outright war. And Rick needed to be arrogant at the start of "East" in order for his vulnerability and fear to have the greatest impact at the end of the episode when he was with Abe.

I think the apple was just the writers trolling comic readers and the "Michonne is doomed by being Rick's love interest" folks. I honestly do. I still think Lucille is destined for either Glenn or Daryl--the CDB folks are too comfortable and too arrogant. It's going to take a major death of one of their own to get them to bow to Negan, even for a short time, but I don't think the writers are going to go there with such a brutal death for a female character at this point, especially right after taking out Denise.

Since, nowadays, there exists pathetically few episodes within a season of most programs such as in THE WALKING DEAD, I fervently hope that next season the Neganacker Storyline gets resolved. I canNot abide another trying drawn-out Tyrant-Overlord Tale regardless of its' potent 'mainstay' in the Graphic Novel.

• Love 5

I hope that Negan's stay is a short one, too. However, based on past story arcs, I'm guessing that it won't be...particularly if they want to keep JDM around for as long as possible. "The Gov" overstayed his welcome, despite David Morrissey's valiant attempts to evoke sympathy for the character. They blew thru Gareth and the Hipster Cannibals quickly and then gave us the painful Grady Hospital story line.

Now, I haven't read the comics so I don't know how long Negan and Lucille lasted.

• Love 1

Re: Negan and comics spoilers...

The jail Morgan is building tells you his future fate. And if they follow the comics, we will see him for quite a while in said jail.

I still wish we knew about Rosita. Watching the Talking Dead Christian was on, she seemed subdued at the start and kept talking about everyone has their time to leave the show...

• Love 2
I still wish we knew about Rosita. Watching the Talking Dead Christian was on, she seemed subdued at the start and kept talking about everyone has their time to leave the show...

I don't think that she makes it to S7. In the last two seasons, the women that travel with Daryl seem to run into a lot of bad luck.

If the Lucille-ing is a two-fer, then I'm going to guess Rosita gets the hit that we see and Glenn will be the cliffhanger. If not Glenn then Daryl.  I'm taking Abe off the list for now since Sasha already had one boyfriend die on her with the help of a Big Bad and she had her Dark Night of the Soul partly because of it.  Killing off her new boo would be redundant (not that this show doesn't do redundant). 

Comic reference -

Negan going to jail is kind of annoying because if anyone deserves the death penalty it's Negan, but I guess he's supposed to be a more entertaining prisoner than some scowling schlub like Dwight.

• Love 1

I think the apple was just the writers trolling comic readers and the "Michonne is doomed by being Rick's love interest" folks. I honestly do. I still think Lucille is destined for either Glenn or Daryl--the CDB folks are too comfortable and too arrogant. It's going to take a major death of one of their own to get them to bow to Negan, even for a short time, but I don't think the writers are going to go there with such a brutal death for a female character at this point, especially right after taking out Denise.

Yes, I think you must be right about the writers not killing another woman. Some fear Maggie will take Glenn's death, but I just can't imagine them killing a pregnant woman, or a woman who is possibly having a miscarriage. That would be ugly even without a barbed wire baseball bat.

In the promo, there's a very brief clip of Rick, Carl and Abraham running in the dark, carrying something. Does anyone know what they're carrying? Is it a person?

Does anyone remember the rumor/foiler/spoiler that Negan mistakes Sasha for Rick's love interest and kills her? I've read so many foilers these past weeks and since there's some misinformation about whether Sasha is really with the group, I wonder if she stays in Alexandria and simply has very little screen time in the episode.

I did go back and read the full StD episode 16 spoilers and I wish I remembered what TSDF confirmed was true from that batch before AMC made them take them down. 

ETA: I have a feeling Rosita is safe and Aaron could be the second death. According to the StD spoilers, Rick doesn't want Aaron to travel with the group when they take Maggie to Hilltop to see the doctor. Aaron insists, saying Rick will have to punch him again to stop him. Of course, these are StD spoilers and I don't remember if TSDF confirmed that particular tidbit.

I have to admit, I'm not excited about Negan. I've read a lot about his charisma, but I just can't like a person who doesn't work for his supplies, but steals them from weaker people. He may be charismatic, but he sounds like nothing but a vicious bully. The comic spoilers that

Carl develops a relationship (friendship?) with him bother me, but I guess I'd have to see how it plays out.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 2

Does anyone remember the rumor/foiler/spoiler that Negan mistakes Sasha for Rick's love interest and kills her? I've read so many foilers these past weeks and since there's some misinformation about whether Sasha is really with the group, I wonder if she stays in Alexandria and simply has very little screen time in the episode.

I did go back and read the full StD episode 16 spoilers and I wish I remembered what TSDF confirmed was true from that batch before AMC made them take them down. 

ETA: I have a feeling Rosita is safe and Aaron could be the second death. According to the StD spoilers, Rick doesn't want Aaron to travel with the group when they take Maggie to Hilltop to see the doctor. Aaron insists, saying Rick will have to punch him again to stop him. Of course, these are StD spoilers and I don't remember if TSDF confirmed that particular tidbit.

Wasn't the Sasha stuff speculation that she would get the death Holly got in the comic? 

Aaron seems like it's so obvious and he's a red herring, but then again this show isn't always the most subtle. 

Wasn't the Sasha stuff speculation that she would get the death Holly got in the comic? 

Aaron seems like it's so obvious and he's a red herring, but then again this show isn't always the most subtle. 

I don't know. I just remember reading it, but wasn't sure if it had been debunked.

I just realized Aaron would be the second gay character to be killed this season. They wouldn't do that, would they? Sorry I even mentioned him, but I did think insisting on going on a trip like this leads to bad things.

In the promo, there's a very brief clip of Rick, Carl and Abraham running in the dark, carrying something. Does anyone know what they're carrying? Is it a person?

I froze it and it looked like they were carrying a stretcher which made me think that it is Maggie.

I don't think that Michonne is any danger. She, Rick, and Carl will be together until the end.

I still cannot bring myself to believe that they are giving Glenn the exact death as in the comics, but I have friend who is a huge fan and she is convinced that Glenn will die and Maggie will lose the baby.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I don't know. I just remember reading it, but wasn't sure if it had been debunked.

I just realized Aaron would be the second gay character to be killed this season. They wouldn't do that, would they? Sorry I even mentioned him, but I did think insisting on going on a trip like this leads to bad things.

It sounds legit to me (his scene with Rick). I don't know if they'd kill him, as he's really the only main Alexandria character left and he's barely been used this season. I'm tempted to say it's a red herring. But who knows.

As much as I'd like to know who dies in the finale, and believe me I want to know I'm more intrigued by what happens after this infamous killing by Negan?

Does he make the kill then send the rest home with their tail between their legs and a directive to give him their guns, because they don't have food to give like Hilltop? Does he take some of CDB hostage then send the rest home? Will he keep them all as hostages and take over Alexandria? Is it possible that he'll kill more than one person?

Or will CBD somehow fight their way out of this, regroup and plan a counter attack? Or cower to Negan's demands? Of course this won't be addressed in the finale but I'm still very interested in what happens after the member of CDB is so brutally murdered.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

As much as I'd like to know who dies in the finale, and believe me I want to know I'm more intrigued by what happens after this infamous killing by Negan?

Does he make the kill then send the rest home with their tail between their legs and a directive to give him their guns, because they don't have food to give like Hilltop? Does he take some of CDB hostage then send the rest home? Will he keep them all as hostages and take over Alexandria? Is it possible that he'll kill more than one person?

Or will CBD somehow fight their way out of this, regroup and plan a counter attack? Or cower to Negan's demands? Of course this won't be addressed in the finale but I'm still very interested in what happens after the member of CDB is so brutally murdered.

I was wondering this exact same thing.  Whether we see the Lucille scene played out in the season finale or in next season's premiere, I, too, am curious to see what happens immediately post-Lucille.  I can't picture our group just saying "Um... yeah... okay... we get the point.  You can have whatever we have, whenever we get it, and we will keep handing it over to you."  Even when they see what horrible things Negan can do right in front of them, I don't see them walking away and heading back to Alexandria without some sort of accompaniment from the Negan camp. 

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

I've been hearing rumors that they're going to end the season with Negan swinging Lucille at somebody and we won't find out who it is until October. I really hope that isn't the case, but Lauren Cohen said something about this season having the "cliffhangiest" ending.

I also get the feeling that Negan is not going to stop at just one death, like he did in the comics. From what I remember, in the comics Rick's group and the Saviord had mostly met each other in a few skirmishes. There weren't too many casualties on both sides, so Negan could get away with killing only one person to send a message.

But on the show, CDB has been slaughtering Saviors right and left. I think the tally is something like 60-1 in CDB's favor (with Denise the sole CDB death so far), including that late night massacre. Negan is going to have to take quite a few lives to even up the score. Just one kill as "warning" is not going to be enough.

My hope is that we see at least one outright kill -- probably Abraham, as he is the only person who didn't fit Negan's "criteria" in the comics before he did the ennie-mennie method of choosing Glenn. (Don't want to seem racist, won't make Rick a martyr, thought Carl's wound was cool, didn't want to break up a family -- Abraham is none of those, and has been involved in all the Saviors killings this season.)

So Negan smashes Abraham. Then he decides "nah one is not enough. Who's next?" And that's the cliffhanger we get. Or maybe we see the entire scene, including Rick promising he'll kill Negan, and the cliffhanger is Negan showing up at the gates of Alexandria. (That's the ending I'd prefer.)

TSDF posted an audio-only clip of Negan's scene in the finale, complete with Lucille impact noises, screams, cries, etc.  It's on their Facebook page (I am guessing on TSDF's website too, maybe??) and has not yet been taken down, but I have not yet listened to it.  Apparently the audio still makes it seem like it's a cliffhanger.

Edited to add:  I can't even hear it, except for a few random words here and there.  The audio is cutting out because too many people are trying to listen at the same time.  All I really heard was, "You're Rick, right?  I'm Negan."

Edited by Sherry67

I just listened to it and put it on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/spinxella/negan-voice

It's 11 minutes long and Negan uses Lucille at the end of his speech.

Thank you so much, spinxella, for posting that -- I really appreciate it!  I can actually hear that version!  I still cannot get the one on TSDF's page to play. 

Anyway... wow.  Wow.  Yikes.  I was tense and about to hyperventilate through that whole clip.  The sound of Lucille cracking a skull is just awful.

I can't even imagine what it's going to look like, but it all sounds horrifying.

• Love 2

A user on Tumblr generously posted a transcript of Negan's spiel. You better believe I'm putting it under a spoiler cut:

[398] We piss in our pants yet?
[399] Boy, do I have a feeling we’re getting close.
[400] Yep.
[401] Gonna be Pee-Pee-Pants City here real soon.
[402] Which one of you pricks is the leader?
[403] It’s this one.
[404] He’s the guy.
[405] Hi, you’re Rick, right?
[406] I’m Negan.
[407] And I do not appreciate you killing my men.
[408] Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people,
[409] you killed more of my people.
[410] Not cool.
[411] Not cool.
[412] You have no idea how not cool that shit is.
[413] But I think you’re gonna be up to speed shortly.
[414] Yeah.
[415] You are so gonna regret crossing me, in a few minutes.
[416] Yes, you are.
[417] You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what,
[418] you don’t mess with the new world order.
[419] New world order is this, and it’s really very simple.
[420] Even if you’re stupid, which you very may well be,
[421] you can understand it.
[422] You ready?
[423] Here it goes. Pay attention.
[424] Give me your shit
[425] or I will kill you.
[426] Today was Career Day.
[427] We invested a lot so you would know who I am
[428] and what I can do.
[429] You work for me now.
[430] You have shit, you give it to me.
[431] That’s your job.
[432] Now I know that is a mighty big,
[433] nasty pill to swallow.
[434] But swallow it, you most certainly will.
[435] You ruled the roost.
[436] You built something.
[437] You thought you were safe. I get it.
[438] But the word is out
[439] that you are not safe.
[440] Not even close.
[441] In fact, you are pegged.
[442] More pegged if you don’t do what I want.
[443] And what I want is half your shit.
[444] And if that’s too much, you can make, find or steal more
[445] and it’ll even out sooner or later.
[446] This is your way of life now.
[447] The more you fight back, the harder it will be.
[448] So if someone knocks on your door,
[449] you let us in.
[450] We own that door.
[451] You try to stop us, and we will knock it down.
[452] You understand?
[453] What? No answer?
[454] You don’t think you were gonna get through this
[455] without being punished now, did you?
[456] I don’t want to kill you people.
[457] Just want to make that clear from the get-go.
[458] I want you to work for me.
[459] You can’t do that if you’re dead, can you?
[460] I’m not growing a garden.
[461] But you killed my people. A whole damn lot of them.
[462] More than I’m comfortable with.
[463] And for that, you’re gonna pay.
[464] So now…
[465] I’m gonna beat the holy hell out of one of you.
[466] This is Lucille,
[467] and she is awesome.
[468] All this…
[469] All this is just so we can pick out which one of you
[470] gets the honour.
[471] I gotta shave this shit.
[472] You got one of our guns.
[473] Yeah, you got a lot of our guns.
[474] Shit, kid.
[475] Lighten up.
[476] At least cry a little.
[477] Jesus!
[478] You look shitty.
[479] I should just put you out of your misery right now.
[480] No! No! No!
[481] Stop it!
[482] Nope, get him back in line.
[483] Don’t.
[484] Don’t.
[485] Don’t.
[486] Don’t.
[487] Don’t.
[488] A ll right, listen.
[489] Don’t any of you do that again.
[490] I will shut that shit down, no exceptions.
[491] First one’s free, it’s an emotional moment.
[492] I get it.
[493] Sucks, don’t it?
[494] The moment you realise you don’t know shit.
[495] He’s your kid, right?
[496] This is definitely your kid.
[497] -Just stop this! -Hey!
[498] Do not make me kill the little future serial killer.
[499] Don’t make it easy on me.
[500] I got to pick somebody.
[501] Everybody’s at the table waiting for me to order.
[502] I simply cannot decide.
[503] I got an idea.
[504] Eeny,
[505] meeny,
[506] miney,
[507] mo,
[508] catch
[509] the tiger
[510] by
[511] his toe.
[512] If
[513] he hollers,
[514] let him go.
[515] My mother
[516] told me to pick
[517] the very best one,
[518] and you
[519] are
[520] it.
[521] Anybody moves, anybody says anything,
[522] cut the boy’s other eye out and feed it to his father,
[523] and then we’ll start.
[524] You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry.
[525] Hell, you’re all gonna be doing that.
[526] Look at that.
[527] Taking it like a champ.
[528] Damn!

So it looks like

despite all the damage they inflicted, Negan's going to cap it at one Lucille victim. I guess it makes sense; if he wants them to work for him, why get rid of too many workers?

If the vocaroo isn't working, for you, there's a non-fucked audio link here.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

spinxella, thanks.

Okay, that scene reduced The Show to 70minutes.

Okay, thank ye, thank ye, Carl is safe!

Okay, Negan battered up and knocked someone's head outta the park. Geez.

Okay, really,we have to wait frackin' 6MONTHS to...to find out shit ?❕

ETA: ( i hope rick AND carl kick. negan's. ass. )

Edited by BookElitist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmtnUj8c02M

It's now up on You Tube.  This is a spoiler thread so I would expect anyone venturing in here would realize it's going to contain, well, spoilers but I have a couple of questions about what's heard.

Is that Maggie and Carl yelling "Glenn" in the background? Mini Persnickety thinks she hears that, too, but I'm so distracted by the sound of Lucille that I can't focus on the yelling.

Now the long countdown until Sunday night....And it's a 90-minute episode so at least the last 11 minutes will be action packed!

Well, my family member repeatedly listened to the track and stated that Glenn's name was screamed clearly upon listening each time.

No information about the track was given prior to listening. Possesses no knowledge of The Novel and not an avid Show viewer( as matter of fact, has watched only ONE episode this season.)

So, $#!+(❗), it's Glenn

Thank you, spinxella, for posting that. And thanks, Persnickety, for the youtube link.

I waited all day yesterday for something, and then I woke up today to find that audio clip on TSDF and couldn't access it. Now that I'm here and you've posted a usable clip, I can't bring myself to listen.

So thank you, Eyes High, for posting that transcript.

It looks like the StD spoilers were correct about Negan wanting to kill Maggie to put her out of her misery, but Glenn begs him not to (though from the transcript it is more than just Glenn). The spoilers also indicated Negan threatened to take Carl's eye and feed it to Rick. So, yeah, I guess the StD spoilers are correct (which means there is a cliffhanger?). The one thing the StD spoilers do not mention is a second death, so it looks like Rosita is okay? It's weird that there's no mention of her, and that she isn't in the lineup even though she was with Daryl, Michonne and Glenn, but we'll know where she is (and where Sasha is) in less than 4 days...

This is going to be a very hard scene to watch. I had decided not to watch the finale live, but I may change that and simply not watch the last 15 minutes. I don't think this is a scene I'll ever be able to see.

Wow - what a surprise first thing in the morning!

That track is disturbing. Now I can be prepared for this scene. I couldn't make out any particular name among the screams but I only listened once. 

However, judging by the foreshadowing last episode, I agree that the likely victim is Glenn. Poor guy!

Also, if some can hear the name of the victim being screamed out, then it isn't likely that it will be a cliffhanger.

I doubt that I will watch this live. Negan's intro and this scene was always going to determine whether I will still be watching this show in S7. That...and the Mets-Royals game is on.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 3

you know, as much as I hate to say it, but you sort of have to see it from Neegan's perspective. The only time they acted as aggressors was with Abe, Daryl and Sacha. Then, it was CDB kill this person, that person, and they killed people in their sleep, whereas Neegan is only going to kill one person as a lesson.

Now, I'm still on CDB's team. But the normal right and wrong of things have been blown to the wind.

I must also say: I'm very uncomfortable with this. I hated listening to the audio.

On a (much) lighter note, maybe Neegan has taken it upon himself to rid the world of the great plague, otherwise known as Camp Dinner Bell. I mean, ever since Herschel, these people have been bad news.

Edited because it's way too early

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 4

I am not listening. That is way too much spoiling for me. I am excited about the finale and am looking forward to it. I refuse to ruin it buy listening to the audio.

you know, as much as I hate to say it, but you sort of have to see it from Neegan's perspective. The only time they acted as aggressors was with Abe, Daryl and Sacha. Then, it was CDB kill this person, that person, and they killed people in their sleep, whereas Neegan is only going to kill one person as a lesson.

Now, I'm still on CDB's team. But the normal right and wrong of things have been blown to the wind.

Yeah, I am not seeing anything from the perspective of a psychopath who butchers innocent people so he can enslave them and live off them. I don't roll like that. Right and wrong in this situation is pretty clear to me.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I got bored half way through the transcript of Negan's speech and stopped reading. It was just too damn long. I guess that is to built the tension and fear. I'm sure it will play better with JDM delivering the lines. I'm still debating whether I will watch this scene with audio or just mute until the last minute.

• Love 1

The audio popped up on my YouTube feed last night and I debated on listening to it and finally did and OMG! it was so disturbing on so many levels. By the end I was crying for all our guys. They have always been able to get out of terrible situations but not this one. So Negan is nothing but a big f**king bully.

I read that when Rick and the gang come upon the group of chained up walkers he realizes that Michonne and the others are captured because one of the walkers has a few locks of her hair and another one has Daryl's vest on and then of course there she is in the line-up.

Edited by catcory
  • Love 1

The only thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me is why the show would end on a cliffhanger if they are still going with Glenn as the victim. I guess with such a huge viewing audience, very few people read the comics and a Glenn death would still come as a shock next season.

It's also possible the show runners don't really see this scene as a cliffhanger, but the viewers who want to see the actual bashing do?

From what some are saying, the group is screaming Glenn's name at the end. We'll have to see it, of course, to get a real sense whether that's the case, but if they are, it isn't a true cliffhanger; they've just decided not to show us the end result, which I'm okay with. It's only a cliffhanger if screaming Glenn's name is a fake out.

No matter who it is, I feel sorry for the actor. They all seem so close and so happy to be working together. I can't imagine how much it will suck to have to walk away from this group of coworkers - though they can probably see each other often at conventions and stuff.

• Love 1

So, Rick, Carl, and Maggie are safe. It seemed like there were several female voices screaming. Here's a thought- if we knew the order they were lined up in we could do our own eeny meeny miny moe to see who Negan chose?!

It does sound like they are screaming Glenn's name...

The audio popped up on my YouTube feed last night and I debated on listening to it and finally did and OMG! it was so disturbing on so many levels. By the end I was crying for all our guys. They have always been able to get out of terrible situations but not this one. So Negan is nothing but a big f**king bully.

I know it is going to be horrifying, but the fall out will be great drama. We will be on pins and needles waiting for Rick and his people to get their revenge. We'll just have to ignore Morgan. I already want Negan dead so I know that putting him in the prison is going to tick me the hell off though.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

None of the women who are candidates for the lineup seem the type to shriek like the voices on the audio.

As for Negan, I know it's different in the comics, where Rick's group's kill count pre-Lucille wasn't nearly as high, but frankly, if a group killed 50--is that the number we're going with?--of my people, five of whom were killed by burning (probably one of the worst ways to go), killing one of theirs, even in brutal and violent fashion, isn't even close to a fair trade. 

Also, Negan is indeed a terrible person, but I could see why he would pick a terribly painful execution method as an intimidation tactic to get everyone else in line without having to kill more than one of them. It's the same reason the Saviour method of getting everyone in line involves randomly executing in a targeted group right off the bat: it shows everyone they mean business and gets everyone else to play ball without wasting potential productive subordinates in a battle. It's horrible, of course, but I see the logic in it.

Now, to be fair, Negan's problem with Team Rick illustrates the limits of this approach. If you establish yourself as having a reputation of being brutally murderous as a matter of course, you can't be surprised that they treat you as if you can't be reasoned with or negotiated with. Negan's approach only works as long as Negan's group run up against people who are too frightened or intimidated to fight back.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 4

By the way, about the language...

The audio clip we have now heard is missing any traces of the word "fuck."  In fact, in a couple of cases that word is replaced with..."pegged."  Pegged?  Really?  That's a silly substitute.  I guess the truly profane version will end up on the DVD.

Now, don't get me wrong -- the scene doesn't need the F-bomb because it is already intense and disturbing enough without it.  But I just watched the latest installment of American Crime Story on FX, and I noticed there were at least 2 F-bombs dropped in this one episode alone -- they were not even muted out.  They were there, on full display, for all to hear.  The word has been used in previous episodes as well.

So it just makes me wonder why AMC has to go with a silly word like "pegged" instead of letting Negan say -- just one time -- "You're fucked."  He doesn't have to use it in every sentence, but it seems like one time wouldn't have killed them.  Strange.

• Love 1

By the way, about the language...

The audio clip we have now heard is missing any traces of the word "fuck." In fact, in a couple of cases that word is replaced with..."pegged." Pegged? Really? That's a silly substitute. I guess the truly profane version will end up on the DVD.

Now, don't get me wrong -- the scene doesn't need the F-bomb because it is already intense and disturbing enough without it. But I just watched the latest installment of American Crime Story on FX, and I noticed there were at least 2 F-bombs dropped in this one episode alone -- they were not even muted out. They were there, on full display, for all to hear. The word has been used in previous episodes as well.

So it just makes me wonder why AMC has to go with a silly word like "pegged" instead of letting Negan say -- just one time -- "You're fucked." He doesn't have to use it in every sentence, but it seems like one time wouldn't have killed them. Strange.

The only reason I can think of is that AMC is cheap. They don't want to pay for the one for bomb.

• Love 1

Things are getting interesting over at the Facebook page of TSDF. The post with the audio spoiler has been removed. And here is one of their recent tweets: "we have been blocked from posting or commenting on our Facebook page for the next three days. You can make contact with us here or our forum." They can also be contacted at their Tumblr page.

AMC or someone involved with TPTB at TWD is not happy. Honestly, did they not expect any of this to leak?

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1