Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Time Traveler's Wife In The Media

On 9/6/2018 at 6:56 AM, AngelKitty said:

I loved the book and actually loved the movie. I don't have HBO so I'll have to wait till it comes to Netflix.

HBO shows typically don’t go to Netflix. But you can get the HBO channel through Prime - or they may eventually it stream it on Prime. I may be the only one but I don’t have high hopes with Moffatt. Sherlock went down hill real fast and rather spectacularly and DW has been uneven for ages. 

• Like 2

From Steven Moffat on adapting the book;

A TV series based on Audrey Niffenegger’s “The Time Traveler’s Wife” has been ordered to series at HBO.

Steven Moffat (“Doctor Who”) will adapt and executive produce the small-screen take which tells the story of Clare and Henry, and a marriage with a problem… time travel.

Says Moffat, “I read Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife many years ago, and I fell in love with it. In fact, I wrote a Doctor Who episode called The Girl In The Fireplace as a direct response to it. When, in her next novel, Audrey had a character watching that very episode, I realised she was probably on to me. All these years later, the chance to adapt the novel itself, is a dream come true. The brave new world of long form television is now ready for this kind of depth and complexity. It’s a story of happy ever after? – ?but not necessarily in that order.”

• Like 1