Type keyword(s) to search

Mayans MC - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/11/2019 at 7:20 AM, MaggieG said:

I'm so happy this got renewed. These last 2 episodes were intense. Loved the brotherly banter between EZ and Angel. I'm really excited to see where the show goes from here with the dead SAMCRO member. 

Shallow note: EZ was so hot when he was telling Potter to fuck off.

It would only be shallow if EZ was shirtless.  😉

• Love 1

Please TV GODS when they roll that body over in the season premier let it be Kim Coats in a cameo. Nothing agaisnt the actor but I would be thrilled to find Tig has finally be exetermined for good. He deserved to die a thousands times over on SOA and I never understood why fans found him so endearing.

In other news I think the actor playing Galindo has made playing the most morose characters in tv hisotry into a cottage industry. I don't think I ever saw his character on COLD CASE or on this show EVER being in a truly happy scene. He's got brooding down to an art form so buckle up and get ready for all the angst over Dita's death next season!

• Love 2
On 3/10/2021 at 12:37 PM, MaggieG said:

Mayans is back next Tue, March 16th

I'm SO excited!  I just got my TV Shows Reminder notification of two episodes back to back for Season 3!

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 6:00:00 PM
Mayans M.C.

Pap Struggles With the Death Angel
S03E01

A border shutdown squeezes the Mayan's heroin trade setting off an internal clash over the future of the club. EZ and Angel deal with the fallout of family secrets. The Galindos grow apart as Miguel loses himself in his grief and search for answers.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 7:00:00 PM
Mayans M.C.

The Orneriness of Kings
S03E02

Now a full patch member, EZ proposes a bold plan that could change the course of the club. Adelita is freed from the U.S. government only to discover all is not as she left it with the L.O. Coco's demons lead him to a new low.

• Love 3

The first look / behind the scenes looked intense. I wish we could get individual episode threads though. 

I approach each new episode with my usual, Sutter inspired mix of dread and anticipation. The show (like SOA and The Shield) isn't an easy watch. I'm excited to see what James does with this season too.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 4

Anyone else check out the 2 episode premiere?   I love the new credits; you can certainly see the themes of the show woven into them.   I'm happy the show is back!

So much pain being poorly coped with.  From Pops to Angel to Miguel to Coco. 

I feel for Pops, and EZ obviously not knowing what in the world to do for him. Nice seeing EZ come into his own as a full patch and bringing ideas to the table.  The execution of these ideas seem very questionable.  Alicia looked so nervous in the car that the border, that we all knew she would get caught.  This running H thru Arizona seems problematic if they can't figure out how to get it and many of their supply lines are broken or busted.  I like Gaby, but clearly her status and his illegal activities are going to be an issue for them.  She seem sweet and loving, and he needs that, but they need to be careful not to make her too perfect Mary Sue character. 

Adelita is so broken.  I feel for her more than probably most other characters.  She's been tortured, missing her newborn, and she finally is free only to see the horrible things Pablo is having the group do to survive. That very pregnant girl measuring out coke was particularly jarring. 

Angel is a damn mess.  Sigh.  I don't want to see him spiral into random, sad sex after random sad sex to bury his feelings. 

Oh, Coco.  Junkie on Oxy and know getting beatdown by some weird meth head version of Deliverance.  Lawd.  I hope he and Letty salvage their relationship and he gets help (once he escapes the meth heads).

Danny Pino looks good cleanly shaved, but oh geez, is Miguel's life a mess.  So, he's blaming himself and taking that out on everyone else?  The psychiatrist didn't deserve that.  Paco didn't deserve that (I hope we find out someone...Alvarez, maybe checked in on his son).  How many others has he hurt in his grief?  He's cheating on Emily with that official. 

Still don't care for Emily.  I don't understand why she's important, or what her character brings to the table.  Bringing her sister in is meant to do what exactly?  The Galindo home are the weakest parts of the episodes now that Dita is gone.

Palo is one bad dude, and he's probably really, really pissed off after Grandma's bday blowout.  Can't wait to see what happens when those chickens come home to roost. 

Probably the most fun part of the episode for me was the boys going to the bar.  Their normal recklessness and pure id are one of the things I appreciate most.  I love Angel just casually grabbing a barstool for weaponry. LOL.   

The other small amusement is that Coco's dealer's kid is a Girl Scout.  We call them cookie pushers in my house, so we cackled at the sweet little girl dealing them cookies. 

• Love 5

Is almost nobody watching this anymore?   I don't know yet whether I will be sticking around as I found this returning two- parter almost too depressing to watch to the end.  It may be that my pandemic self can no longer stomach this show.

Galindo needs to die.  Watching that psychotic mama's boy rage kill Paco and the psychiatrist was awful.  Was the boy with Down Syndrome Paco's son?  The poor kid is now an orphan.

Is the American law enforcement really allowed to torture people in the manner Adelita was tortured?  I hope that was made up for the show.

I don't want to watch Coco as a drug addict.

What is that lovely and nice girl doing getting involved with EZ  - he is going to get her killed.

Well, I am depressed now writing this post.

• Love 1

I am happy to see this show back, even if no one on the show is in a particularly happy place. I really feel for Pops, its not easy dealing with everything that has happened with his wife, EZ, and Dita, so he is basically shut down for now. EZ is really trying to be there for him, but its like his dad can barley even look at him, and not even because he is upset with what EZ did, but that he couldn't "stop" him from killing Dita and going down a darker path and that is mistake years ago led to so much heartache for his family. 

I also feel really bad for Adelita, she finally gets out but has now lost her baby and her resistance group has gone even darker than when she was in charge. She really should have taken the rescue while she had the chance, at least she would still have her baby with her. How long can they hold a baby legally, especially when they know who the dad is and that he is a US citizen? Potter gives no fucks about legality or morality, but the female agent might end up helping get the baby away from him. She really seemed to feel terrible for what was happening to Adelita and she clearly is sick of her boss. 

EZ being a full member is an interesting new dynamic, glad that he is coming more into his own and is fully committing to being part of the club, even if I am still not sure this is where he will end up. He has helped them solve their problems with the rest of the Mayans for now, but I feel like this plan will have some serious problems as its carried out. Angel is also having to get used to his brother being a full member, and its a bit hard for him. I did love all of the scenes between Angel and EZ, especially them just shrugging at each other during the bar fight while Angel casually grabbed a bar stool. 

I like Gaby and she and EZ have nice chemistry, but she is so sweet and perfect it makes me wonder how long this could last, considering the many crimes EZ gets up to. She is just so nice, it makes me suspicious that she might be a plant, either with the government or with a rival faction? 

Miguel has never been a good guy, but he at least was a bad guy with some standards who was rational and just wanted to make a profit and live up to his family legacy, but now he is dangerously spiraling after his moms death. Someone with that much access to guns and thugs should not spiral, nothing good will come of it. Just wait until he finds out who his dad is, he'll freak out even worse. 

Coco is usually the closest thing we get to comic relief on this show, and even he is getting a dark and depressing plot as he becomes addicted to Oxy. I hope the poor guy gets straightened out soon, after he escapes from the camp of meth heads. You never want to fuck with meth heads. 

The drug dealers daughter selling girl scout cookies was a welcome bit of humor in a pretty depressing episode. I like the new credits but I miss the badass theme song. Very interested to see where the show goes from here. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

Definitely two very depressing episodes between Pops, Galindo, Coco and Angel. And of course Adelita coming home.

Gabby and EZ were pretty cute, especially in the first episode with that little doll. I like when EZ took it from her and was like "what did she say?"

On 3/17/2021 at 3:19 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Probably the most fun part of the episode for me was the boys going to the bar.  Their normal recklessness and pure id are one of the things I appreciate most.  I love Angel just casually grabbing a barstool for weaponry. LOL.   

I love how Angel made sure to finish his beer before grabbing the barstool. 

On 3/17/2021 at 10:42 PM, tennisgurl said:

The drug dealers daughter selling girl scout cookies was a welcome bit of humor in a pretty depressing episode. I like the new credits but I miss the badass theme song. Very interested to see where the show goes from here. 

That was pretty funny, especially when he said nobody would buy the gluten free ones and she was all "I like them!"

• Love 3

I really like the new intro! I especially like the images of Cesar Chavez and him and JFK, the Statue of Liberty and the early days of California. I didn’t miss S1 & S2 theme songs (preferred S1 version). S3 E1 open with “Slipping Into Darkness” by War was awesome, and perfect for the themes of this season so far, i.e, Coco’s drug addiction (that’s what the song is about).  I love Coco!

I'm all in and thought the first episode was very strong.  Miguel Galindo is a POS.  It broke my heart to see Dita's psychiatrist's little dog left alone in the street (thank God he wasn't killed too or harmed).  Miguel had no reason to have the lady shrink killed; she didn't do anything wrong.

To me Adelita isn't a big heroine.  She trains little children to be killers for her resistance cause.

Emily and Miguel are a soap opera.  I wonder if Emily is going to turn on Miguel.

I also wonder if the end game is supposed to be EZ and Emily reunited after all.  Time will tell!

Edited by CrystalBlue
  • Love 2

I finally got to see both episodes. What a start! 

No one's escaping this season unscathed, it seems. The dying town / region is adding an extra layer of tension to the show. 

The tragedy of this series will always be EZ.  I enjoy seeing him take on a larger role with the club, but he should never have joined. He's capable of murder as we've seen but could have had such a different life. Same with Emily. But he's got the brains to do good things for the club within the life he's chosen. 

As with Jax and Tara, and the characters of The Shield, it's hard to just not yell at all the characters to run and stop going down the paths they're on.

Coco is such an interesting character. Who was the lady that recognized him? That group of meth heads was creeeepy.

Poor Angel. I did love the bar scene though, lol. Shows like this benefit from a little humor and lightness even as the stories and characters spiral.

Really hate Galindo. But I don't care a lot about Emily either. What's happening on the streets is more interesting than their political dealings and marital issues. The poor pup!

Poor Paco. I also hope we get a line about someone taking in his poor son. That was heartbreaking to see his interactions with his boy before his death. He wasn't a good guy, but still. 

Was Palo the one who killed the border guard? He's frightening.

I felt for Adelita and her torture in the US. Will we see those agents again? But I hated her ruthlessness in the first season with Mini pushing that poor boy off the roof, and that scene has stuck with me. I like her intentions but not her methods.

It may be less of a Sutter show now, but I'm already counting the episodes until Pops or Gabby get killed, though I'd like to see them both last the series. Sigh. I did like Angel to EZ about hiding the gun from Pop..."All of them?" followed by EZ mentally going "Shit". Lol.

Seems like the season is getting praise in the press, which makes me really happy. The show has a hell of a cast. Cabral's story is amazing, and Clayton Cardenas does some beautiful art. I fell for one of his paintings but couldn't afford it, lol. 

• Love 1
On 3/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, CrystalBlue said:

It broke my heart to see Dita's psychiatrist's little dog left alone in the street (thank God he wasn't killed too or harmed).  Miguel had no reason to have the lady shrink killed;

The little dog is as good as dead left there all alone.  He'll get run over, die of thirst, or get eaten  by an animal bigger than him.

That's also what usually happens when someone abandons their dog on a highway or freeway because they are too lazy to bring the dog to an animal shelter. Human beings do terrible things like this to their pets all the time.

I think Miguel killed that psychiatrist because she saw him fall apart over his dead mother. That "macho" piece of shit couldn't allow that.

• Love 1
On 3/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Alicia looked so nervous in the car that the border, that we all knew she would get caught. 

The clue was in the way the camera focused on the car seats.  When she told the agent her twins were 19 mos. old, he knew something was off.  Car seats by law in CA have to face rearward for kids that young.  And being nervous sealed her fate.

I have a feeling that Galindo will meet his fate not from the law or the Mayans, but from Emily if/when she finds out about his affair with the governor.  This ain't Yellowstone, and he ain't no Dutton.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ok, this episode didn't have the same level of darkness as the premiere episodes, but still a lot of take in.  I am unsure in some instances if I just missed important plot points, or if they are hanging threads for another day.

Random thoughts:

• So, Coco is now onto heroin?!  Oh nooooo, Coco.  I wonder what Meth Man is gonna do with those pics.
  • I also wonder who tipped off the police to the stash.  I wonder if it is a lost cause or if they just have to wait until the heat goes away.  I couldn't figure that out. 
  • Also, do we know what's up with Bish?  What the anniversary is about?
  • Riz's mom is going to get that Alisha girl killed.  Sigh. But, I like that thread of Riz's death casting a shadow on someone who was more of an ally. 
  • Leave it to Angel to finally pick a moment to maybe pursue something more with the bar girl, and then...!!
  • Watching the Galindos was SO uncomfortable. Miguel's obvious rejection of Emily in so many ways made me cringe.  It wasn't just her overtures for sex, but his dig at her regarding the sister being so good with a for once not crying Cristobal.  I'm so curious to see what happens there.
  • The first time I really appreciated Emily on her own was her cackling at her sister's silly insult at the rando.  I feel like haven't seen such a carefree moment for Emily at any other point in the series.  It was nice. Still don't really care for her story too much, but it is a little more interesting. 
  • Adelita got me.  I 100% gasped "oh SHIT" when she popped up. Whooooo chile.  I am ready for that conversation.  Angel looked like he saw a ghost....I guess he thought he was for a moment. 
  • I've followed JD Pardo since he was in the Gwen Aranjo story, and I found him a compelling actor with a lovely, expressive face and a sweet smile.  He was just this skinny guy, so his physical transformation into this giant, physically commanding dude has been interesting (I'm not mad b/c hellur...).  Tonight, when Gabby kissed him, I really appreciated the genuine romance and sweet look on his face.  That skinny, compelling kid he was all those years ago just shone through, IMO, and I really enjoyed that.  Their sweet, slow relationship is adorable.  On this show (like Sons), I assume nothing but bad things are gonna happen.  Sigh. 
  • Interesting to see Happy and Montez, but....ohhhh, the Mayans are just breaking apart from so many allies.  
  • I continue to love the moments of humor - EZ, Angel, their supplier and the song.  I love Angel's incredulousness at the lyrics back and forth.  I also like the one dude asking EZ what he lifts. LOL. 

(shallow) Thank you for Clayton Cardenas's literal fine ass.  Damn, that's a good looking man.  I appreciate the equal opportunity nudity.  LOL (/shallow)

• Love 8

What the fuck, Steve?

Oh, Coco, noooo. I need at least one, healthy "my bad" from him this season.

I'm glad they are not dropping the Alisha plot. She's a huge loose cannon for the club, and agree with the post above, her story is not going to end well.

The drugged out denizens of Meth Mountain may be one of the creepiest things I've seen on this show.

Who did tip off the police? The Mayans are just burning bridges left and right and its only the third episode. And to lie to Alvarez? Big yikes.

Is Vicki Riz's aunt? 

Is Miguel blaming Emily for his mom's death? I still don't really care for her, but I like her sister, all in all. "What does it say on LinkedIn?" Lol.

The life Emily has chosen is so incredibly isolated. No Miguel, just her, Cristobal and the security detail.

I just want EZ and Gabby to skip off into the sunset with Pops. Sigh. Hopefully things go a little differently than as a parallel to SOA.

Juan Denver, lol.

Adelita's back and definitely dealing with some PTSD. I'm curious to see where she goes from here.

• Love 2

Not the smartest cops around, eh?  They're driving down a one lane dirt road, and they turn on the red lights for, what?

For the life of me, I can't see why Steve was even offered a Prospect position.  He seems like a goofy, clumsy guy who has no idea of what goes on in the motorcycle gang world.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This was at least a little less depressing then the premier, but things are still looking rough. The Mayans keep pissing people off, the club's ideas keep going to hell, Coco is spiraling further and further down into drugs, and while Felipe is at least out of bed he is still wallowing in misery. Talking about how EZ was almost a doctor, he just sounds so defeated.

The methheads at methhead mountain are some of the creepiest people this show has ever had, they look like zombie's. I half expected them to try and eat Coco when they were surrounding him, they look half dead. 

Steve the dumb Prospect asking who the fuck Jax Teller is cracked me up. Steve can hardly handle this show let alone its mothership. Who's cousin is he that they are even letting him hang around? 

I am not Emily's biggest fan, but I feel really bad for her. She seems so sad and lonely especially now that Miguel is not only having an affair but wont give her the time of day. I actually like her sister more than I thought I would, her chasing off the slurpie guy and then she and Emily laughing about her dumb insult was the most Emily has smiled in a long time. 

Angel and EZ meeting Juan Denver was much needed comedic relief. John Denver is quite popular in a lot of Asian countries, so it does make some sense, even if Angel is clearly baffled. "Are we getting kidnapped?" Also laughed at the one guy asking EZ how much he benches, I take the laughs on this show where I can get them. 

I am glad they are following up with Alicia, even though I don't see this ending well for her at all. Riz's mom is going to get her killed if she keeps pushing her to talk. 

EZ seems so happy with Gabby, he absolutely lights up every time he sees her. She seems so sweet, it makes me wonder how alright she will be with the things EZ gets up to with the club. 

Appreciate those equal opportunity butt shots, something for everyone in this show. Then suddenly Adelita shows up! On snap...

• Love 1

I clearly missed something because I was totally lost with what the plan for the heroin was and what it had to do with the other clubs. What does it have to do with prison and why did it have to be done that one night? Are the police staking out that house or why couldn’t they just move the heroin again in a couple days?

• Love 2
On 3/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, tennisgurl said:

I am not Emily's biggest fan, but I feel really bad for her. She seems so sad and lonely especially now that Miguel is not only having an affair but wont give her the time of day. I actually like her sister more than I thought I would, her chasing off the slurpie guy and then she and Emily laughing about her dumb insult was the most Emily has smiled in a long time. 

Totally agree and that scene was actually painful to watch.  Good acting, because you could feel how he was just disgusted by her and I found it really sad.  He's not even trying to hide it.

• Love 1

I love Coco so much and it's painful for me to see him sinking into heroin, with a little help from the Meth Mountain chick, and him trying to fight his real physical pain.

This episode stepped up from E02, which wasn't bad.  I loved the music this episode.

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion but EZ’s girl....she’s annoying. Playing house with EZ and his dad then getting all bent out of shape when he won’t share certain parts of his life because HE’S A MURDERER. This isn’t a Disney movie princess. She alluded to having experiences of her own she’s not sharing that led her to crossing the border illegally, so she should know better than to get involved with a motorcycle gang. It’s not going to end well.

The torture Adelita endured was awful, but she’s a killer herself, albeit for a questionably good cause. Doesn’t make it ok but consequences and all that. I don’t really feel badly for anyone but Adelita and Angels little baby.  I think the bartender lady is pregnant.

• Love 5

Hank is my new crush.

Bishop is pissing me off. Did I miss it where they said what happened to his kid? Was it his kid or someone else?

I also need to go back and be refreshed about the guy that killed the other SOA. 

I guess I just need to revisit the whole 2nd season because Taza killing his brother and now the blowback that another SOA is dead. 

Coco, dude just go and fess up already. I know it's bad but it's going to be worse if the Meth guy spills your shit or you get caught stealing from the club. And that puts Gilberto in a bad spot. Can Coco go wash his hair, he is looking like Daryl Dixon and him share the same not shampoo

• Love 4

Coco really needs to handle this soon, he cannot deal with his clearly spiraling addiction as well as getting blackmailed by these creepy ass methheads. Then maybe take a shower and put a comb through that hair, its taking on a life of its own. 

Hank's crush on the bartender is cute. Go for Hank, I like Angel a lot but he is all kinds of drama. I don't think that Adelita and Angel's baby is dead, the baby will definitely show up again. Adelita is so broken, I really don't know where she goes from here. 

I cant imagine that this is the end of Gabby and EZ, but I am not really sure where she sees this going. She does know who EZ is and what he does, they are going to need to talk about that if they want this to be a thing. Does she have some kind of dark past? Their best case is probably breaking up and her just leaving, or else I cant imagine this will end well. She cant expect this all to just be all dance parties and baking with dad when your boyfriends in a gang and up to his neck in drama from all kinds of criminal factions. 

Glad that Alicia is at least not on the clubs hit lost and that EZ stood up for her then gave her some advice on surviving prison. There are just so many plots, I need a chart to keep track of everything. Who is hiding what from who, its kind of exhausting. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

There are just so many plots, I need a chart to keep track of everything.

It was like that with SOA too at times, I only caught like half of what was actually happening. It’s even worse with this show. 

I don’t think the baby is dead, we saw him with Potter at the end of last season.  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
(edited)

Dang, bye, Montez.  Grizzly way to go.  Palo is a scary dude, and Taza just keeps digging further into his questionable decisions.  I wonder if killing Riz will catch up to him, and that comes in the Sons blaming the Mayans for the death or something like that. 

I loved the scenes between Adelita and Angel and the bottle episode nature of their part of the show this week.  I find for all his brutality and bravado that Angel has a sensitive soul.  Him sitting by the bathroom door and looking at the baby's picture, or his hesitation of putting his hand on Adelita's shoulder were heartbreaking.  I don't see Adelita's path right now, so I'm not sure the direction they are going with her. Her line that Angel may look like a man, but is really a grown boy really hit right for me.  I agree with you guys - the baby isn't dead.  Likely, he is either squirreled away somewhere by Potter or in the system. Sigh. 

Hank is so sweet, I can't!  Meanwhile, Bish and Coco continuing to spiral is really hard to watch.  The meth guys really had Coco's number with the pictures and the unwritten rules. 

I like Gaby, but she falls a little bit into Mary Sue territory.  Like, I know there is fanfic out there where EZ finds a girl that his father (and brother and the whole club) just adore. That said, I like her and how EZ is with her; it is a facet we haven't seen from him before.  I enjoyed her walk around the trailer looking at pictures, while he adjusts them.  And the music scene was cute too.  The whole, I can't sex you up because I'm a murderer and have a guilty conscious thing is a little meh for me.  She has to know partly exactly who he is.  He's a patched up member of a bordertown outlaw motorcycle gang.   What does she want him to say?!  I don't think they are done, yet.  There is more to their story. 

Galindo screaming at Emily while she was holding their son chilled me to the bone.  Honestly, I didn't like him all that much previously b/c he seemed way too arrogant for someone who didn't seem to earn much himself.  This season, he's a child throwing a temper tantrum. But, he's a dangerous child.  So, lashing out and callously telling his mistress that "shit happens and some ppl will die  **shrug**" seem on brand.  It doesn't make me root for him at all. 

YMMV, but I feel like Elgin James has more of a poet's heart than Kurt Sutter.  Some of these softer or quiet scenes are so achingly sad, but beautiful. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 4

I think I know who is the mole who working for Border Patrol. That either Steve (the prospect) or Marcus Alverez. This is the not the same Alverez from the previous time. Something change him. I doubt this lady who was killed in the tunnel (forgot her name).  This is too easy. 

5 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Dang, bye, Montez.  Grizzly way to go.  Palo is a scary dude, and Taza just keeps digging further into his questionable decisions.  I wonder if killing Riz will catch up to him, and that comes in the Sons blaming the Mayans for the death or something like that. 

I loved the scenes between Adelita and Angel and the bottle episode nature of their part of the show this week.  I find for all his brutality and bravado that Angel has a sensitive soul.  Him sitting by the bathroom door and looking at the baby's picture, or his hesitation of putting his hand on Adelita's shoulder were heartbreaking.  I don't see Adelita's path right now, so I'm not sure the direction they are going with her. Her line that Angel may look like a man, but is really a grown boy really hit right for me.  I agree with you guys - the baby isn't dead.  Likely, he is either squirreled away somewhere by Potter or in the system. Sigh. 

Hank is so sweet, I can't!  Meanwhile, Bish and Coco continuing to spiral is really hard to watch.  The meth guys really had Coco's number with the pictures and the unwritten rules. 

I like Gaby, but she falls a little bit into Mary Sue territory.  Like, I know there is fanfic out there where EZ finds a girl that his father (and brother and the whole club) just adore. That said, I like her and how EZ is with her; it is a facet we haven't seen from him before.  I enjoyed her walk around the trailer looking at pictures, while he adjusts them.  And the music scene was cute too.  The whole, I can't sex you up because I'm a murderer and have a guilty conscious thing is a little meh for me.  She has to know partly exactly who he is.  He's a patched up member of a bordertown outlaw motorcycle gang.   What does she want him to say?!  I don't think they are done, yet.  There is more to their story. 

Galindo screaming at Emily while she was holding their son chilled me to the bone.  Honestly, I didn't like him all that much previously b/c he seemed way too arrogant for someone who didn't seem to earn much himself.  This season, he's a child throwing a temper tantrum. But, he's a dangerous child.  So, lashing out and callously telling his mistress that "shit happens and some ppl will die  **shrug**" seem on brand.  It doesn't make me root for him at all. 

YMMV, but I feel like Elgin James has more of a poet's heart than Kurt Sutter.  Some of these softer or quiet scenes are so achingly sad, but beautiful. 

All of this. 

Adelita is a great character. She is both a killer and a victim, and her backstory was desperate, and heartbreaking. I was wondering if I missed something with their baby, but sounds like we just don't know what happened yet. We'll see if she is trying to separate from the trauma somehow, or whether Potter tricked or lied to her, or something else entirely. It was quick, but I think they showed her being tortured with recordings of a baby crying in the season opener, so Potter is just that cruel. But it seems more likely that he would take the baby from her and it will be almost impossible for her to get him back. 

I have no clue how Coco gets out of this season alive, but I hope he does. He's also one of the most fascinating characters. Bishop is obviously NOT in the mood to cut any member any slack right now. 

I think I'm a little lost around the dead SOA member, but Palo is so intimidating. A violent person who seems to not have much left to lose, and is going to take the Mayans with him. 

I'm really hating Galindo this season, and Emily has had so little to do so far. They're the least interesting part of the season, apart from Galindo losing control all over the place.

EZ's minimalist lifestyle was entertaining. A sense of control in an uncontrollable world. I feel you, EZ.

While I really enjoyed the first seasons, Elgin James promised that we would get to know who the characters are, and I think he's doing a fantastic job since taking over. I don't follow a lot of actors on TV shows, but this is a really interesting and talented cast. Artists, musicians, performers. They all seem very invested in the show, and the stories, and it shows.

• Love 3

When Adelita told Angel their baby was dead, my first impression was that she was disconnecting herself from the trauma.  It's doubtful Potter would actually tell her her baby died.  I don't think the baby is dead.  He's probably in foster care or adopted out.

Interesting theory that Prospect Steve could be the mole, but he's such a fuck up I wonder how he keeps his job.  If he was an operative, wouldn't he try to act useful instead of screwing up all the time?

I wonder if Gaby is who she says she is.  She's too Sister Mary Sunshine.  Have we seen the last of her and EZ?  Probably not.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2021 at 8:45 AM, mostlylurking said:

Unpopular opinion but EZ’s girl....she’s annoying.

Not a UO in my house. I know it's partly due to the terrible dialogue she's given (to the point I consider her prime candidate to be the mole) but I find her scenes unwatchable. 

On 4/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, toodywoody said:

Bishop is pissing me off. Did I miss it where they said what happened to his kid? Was it his kid or someone else?

I also need to go back and be refreshed about the guy that killed the other SOA. 

I guess I just need to revisit the whole 2nd season because Taza killing his brother and now the blowback that another SOA is dead. 

Coco, dude just go and fess up already.

I understand the show wants our characters dark - but both Bishop's and Adelita's actions are difficult for me to understand. Bishop writing Vicki off as the mole bc she ran from a gang who wanted to immediately escort her from her home? I'm interested in his backstory but it's been with him for a while so why is he spiraling now? Adelita has suffered trauma so I'm more patient with her but imo she knows her baby is not dead - did she leave her people to find help or comfort from Angel and finding him with the bartender was one more thing that made her feel isolated? 

I'm starting a rewatch of the show - I did it last month with Snowfall and it helped my addled brain enormously. 

• Love 1

Last night's episode made me more curious about Tazo but I wish they'd reveal a bit. I'm still not clear what they're doing with Adelita but she didn't look bad with a buzz cut. 

I was convinced they brought Erin in for Miguel to sleep with her but apparently it was only to confirm how blandly terrible Emily is. At least maybe she'll wash her hair now that Miquel made out with her.

Funnel cake - worth risking a gunshot wound? Keep in mind it has extra powdered sugar.

RIP Juan Denver.

• Love 3

I felt dumb about the plan until we saw them doing the River Kwai, but you're gonna tell me with something this important SOMEONE didn't go get a measure of the wall since the BUSH presidency?!  FOH on that poor planning.  

Angel just continues to break my heart. His little nervous non proposal proposal was so sweet, and yet so very destined for failure. Adelita is not for him, and he isn't for her, even if he might think himself (or indeed, may be) in love.  I will ask why she went to him? Was it just to tell him the baby was dead?  I can't imagine why she made the journey to run out of there again. Maybe she realized his life isn't compatible with her?  I don't know.   Adelita has a pretty shaped head/face and the buzz looks good, IMO. 

Oh Coco, girl.  You just falling faster and further every week.  

Galindo's rivals are not subtle.  I'm sad Juan Denver got killed so brutally.  Galindo can blame himself for all of this b/c he's be so not involved with the business. Alvarez being like "let him get his rocks off and we'll tell him in the morning" cracked me up.  Galindo is so turbulent and lashes out. 

I like when they give EJO some meat b/c Pop's scenes with Galindo elevated the Galindo actor too.  It was clear when he went back to the house to Emily and I disliked both quickly again.  I like Emily's sister, but still cannot with Emily.  She continues to feel further and further away from the plot.  But, her major in to the action is with EZ and lord knows, I don't have any interest in that.

Gaby is still a device of a character, but I continue to like JD's acting choices convening something very different than other aspects of EZ's life. I did love "You two are so annoying" to father-son in the shop.  I was, however, totally unprepared for the attack and shooting at churro/funnel cake place.  I did not expect it to go there, and I loved the choice to shoot the action from the bystander in the car's POV.  B/c you feel her helplessness and terror.  That really worked for me.  Guess the One King concept isn't going over well with the other Mayan chapters. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Coco is a mess.

Galindo sucks.

I'll miss Juan Denver. I liked him.

adelita going all Britney made me laugh. I just don't understand her storyline. 

Who the hell is David and why would he be proud? Did I miss something? 

EZ will you just bang the shit out of her already, I'm sick of him moping around. Either man up and take your girl or leave her be and why in the fuck was she with Pop if she didn't want to see EZ? Then he goes and gets shot. What in the hell? 

So which MC shot him? Was it because of the missing shit Coco took or because of the one king stuff? Why is Angel going after Braids? 

BTW Braids is my favorite. I've liked him since the first season.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 4

While it was upsetting to see such beautiful hair shorn off Carla Baratta is so genetically blessed in the looks department that she looks beautiful with the buzz cut. She has the face of a Madonna, which the show has used to very striking and sometimes ironic effect.  It was very delusional of Angel to think Adelita would live with him in domestic bliss.  He is a promiscuous hound dog and Adelita is meant for different things than being a wife.

The only time this season that I felt for Galindo as a human being was in his scene with EJO.

While the Gaby character should run far away from EZ - she has been good for the actor, he gets to play different shades in their scenes.

I can barely watch the Coco scenes. I just want to shake him and grab him away to lock-in rehab. Now that he is stealing from his club he is a dead man walking.

• Love 3

You killed Juan Denver you bastards! At least let him listen to Country Roads one more time! 

EZ's plan finally worked, but it seems like not everyone is thrilled with him. Who took a shot at him? Why? I guess this is Gabby finally getting a taste of what dating EZ could be like. I am torn, because I like Gabby, and despite her coming across as super perfect I think the actress is good enough that its not annoying, and I like her and EZ, she really brings out a really sweet side of him, I feel like Gabby should probably head for the hills while she still can. Not only will she have to either be alright with what EZ does or turn a blind eye, she could easily end up as collateral damage like she could have here. 

The real twist is that fuck up Steve managed not to fuck up for once. Seriously, is he someone's cousin? Does he have something on someone? 

The Coco scenes are just so hard to watch, I just want to push my way through the screen and drag his ass to the nearest rehab facility. Not only is he acting increasingly weird, and the rest of the club is noticing, but he is also stealing from them. He's a dead man if they find out that he stole from them, even faster than if they find out he's doing drugs. 

Galindo is finally not an out of control armed child for once, I guess just being in the same room as EJO makes everyone want to be better. So he told Galindo some of the truth, but missed a few very important parts of the story. Galindo looked a bit confused at the extra hard hug, I wonder if he will start to suspect who his dad really is? 

‎Adelita is so beautiful that she can even pull off a shaved head. No way could Angel and Adelita work out, at least for now. She is so badly hurt and he just isn't sure how to help, even though he wants to. 

• Love 4
On 4/7/2021 at 4:25 PM, toodywoody said:

Who the hell is David and why would he be proud? Did I miss something? 

Glad I'm not the only one who has no idea what the hell this storyline is even about.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:04 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

I felt dumb about the plan until we saw them doing the River Kwai, but you're gonna tell me with something this important SOMEONE didn't go get a measure of the wall since the BUSH presidency?!  FOH on that poor planning.  

To be fair: How often do you drive out to the middle of a desert to measure the height of a wall? You'd just kind of assume it was the same as ever. Nice quick thinking by EZ though.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:27 AM, chick binewski said:

Funnel cake - worth risking a gunshot wound? Keep in mind it has extra powdered sugar.

A funnel cake? With extra powdered sugar??? TOTALLY worth it. I LURV me some funnel cakes.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, tennisgurl said:

EZ's plan finally worked, but it seems like not everyone is thrilled with him. Who took a shot at him? Why? I guess this is Gabby finally getting a taste of what dating EZ could be like. I am torn, because I like Gabby, and despite her coming across as super perfect I think the actress is good enough that its not annoying, and I like her and EZ, she really brings out a really sweet side of him, I feel like Gabby should probably head for the hills while she still can. Not only will she have to either be alright with what EZ does or turn a blind eye, she could easily end up as collateral damage like she could have here. 

The real twist is that fuck up Steve managed not to fuck up for once. Seriously, is he someone's cousin? Does he have something on someone? 

Galindo is finally not an out of control armed child for once, I guess just being in the same room as EJO makes everyone want to be better. So he told Galindo some of the truth, but missed a few very important parts of the story. Galindo looked a bit confused at the extra hard hug, I wonder if he will start to suspect who his dad really is? 

Remember the Tucson guys pulling up in their truck and seeing a bunch of very unfriendly Yuma guys out front? Yuma's going to war with both Tucson and Santo Padre.

As for Steve: This MC chapter is in a dead-end town. Anyone with options gets the hell out of Santo Padre when they turn 18. I doubt the club has a lot of great prospects beating down their door. If you're at least part Latino, know how ride a motorcycle and have four functioning limbs, they'll probably give you a shot.

Loved the scene with Galindo and Felipe. EJO brought it hardcore, and Pino matched him. Yeah, Galindo was a little flummoxed by Felipe's bearhug, but this was literally the old man's only chance to ever hug his son. Bringing up Galindo's true parentage would do him zero good. Galindo would probably call him a liar and shoot him dead. Even if Galindo did believe him: Felipe doesn't like his sons belonging to an MC that runs drugs. No way he wants a known drug kingpin in his life at any level.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Glad I'm not the only one who has no idea what the hell this storyline is even about.

To be fair: How often do you drive out to the middle of a desert to measure the height of a wall? You'd just kind of assume it was the same as ever. Nice quick thinking by EZ though.

A funnel cake? With extra powdered sugar??? TOTALLY worth it. I LURV me some funnel cakes.

Remember the Tucson guys pulling up in their truck and seeing a bunch of very unfriendly Yuma guys out front? Yuma's going to war with both Tucson and Santo Padre.

As for Steve: This MC chapter is in a dead-end town. Anyone with options gets the hell out of Santo Padre when they turn 18. I doubt the club has a lot of great prospects beating down their door. If you're at least part Latino, know how ride a motorcycle and have four functioning limbs, they'll probably give you a shot.

Loved the scene with Galindo and Felipe. EJO brought it hardcore, and Pino matched him. Yeah, Galindo was a little flummoxed by Felipe's bearhug, but this was literally the old man's only chance to ever hug his son. Bringing up Galindo's true parentage would do him zero good. Galindo would probably call him a liar and shoot him dead. Even if Galindo did believe him: Felipe doesn't like his sons belonging to an MC that runs drugs. No way he wants a known drug kingpin in his life at any level.

What irritated me is that Gaby, who already kind of dumped EZ (but in reality was playing mind games like playing hard to get, IMHO) was still hanging out with and tending to Felipe at the butcher shop.  When Felipe and Miguel had their moment, she had to be there in the background and then open her big mouth to ask who that was.  (Felipe sadly says, "No one.")

Either Gaby is going to get EZ killed, EZ is going to get Mary Sue Sunshine Girl killed, or she is the mole.

• Love 1

Something that occurred to me after rewatching.  EZ and Coco drive the Prerunner off to meet their connection and transfer the heroin.  Wouldn't you think someone would have counted the packages as they were being reloaded onto the other truck?  Yeah, I know, blood brothers and all, but even 1 kilo of heroin is a lot of money, and now the problem is on the Tucson guys, who have to account for a missing kilo.

• Love 2

Another good episode though my terrible memory often sends me off to read recaps and look up characters to get what's going on.

David seems to be Lara's (Laura?) brother who was killed by Palo, her other brother. Makes sense that their family reunions aren't exactly a regular thing.

Angel had all good intentions, but telling Adelita, who's fought her entire life, that she can just stop fighting wasn't showing a great understanding of who she is. 

I have forgotten though...does Felipe know anything about Angel and Adelita?

Loved Angel's "Good chat" to EZ though, lol.

Bishop has a lot going on, but he seriously doesn't see how off Coco is, and maybe want to find out what's up? I'm really hoping Coco can pull himself back from the brink. Ugh. Cabral is such a great actor I don't want to lose the character.

Emily, whatever. All is forgiven, huh? I'm liking her sister more at this point.

On a purely shallow level, I could stare at Nestor all episode long.

The scene with EZ at the end was so well done, from Gaby's perspective and not being able to see what was going on. 

Not Juan Denver 😞

Edited by CrazyDog

I'm still processing.  A few initial thoughts:

• Was Bish always such a gd mess?!  The entire time I was like "can you not make major decisions in your grief? it's gonna come back to fuck you".  Bruh, continuing to alienate people isn't smart.  
  • They all just good with Coco being MIA and messed up all the time?!  Where are they for their brother?  I hated Coco spending all episode at Methhead Jamboree.  But, the main guy's manipulation of him is so sinister. 
  • Again, not loving Gabby, but LOVE JD's choices with her.  His telling of the Francis/Clara story was so genuinely lovely.  Glad they finally did the deed, but can we wait until he doesn't have 2 giant holes in his abdomen?  I liked the beach scene and how pretty it was shot, but damn, EZ can't get 15 mins of chill before they are in all out war.  
  • Oh, Angel.  Girl, you need to chill too with your emotions out of check. 
  • Adelita's plot feels so far away.  I care about Minnie, but with the current stakes, that all feels like a detour. 
  • So many "fucks" tonight.  It felt like every other word. LOL.
  • I like that I never know how long these episodes are going to be.  55 mins?  60 mins?  75 mins?  
  • Emily?  Girl, bye.
  • Galindo doesn't earn his swagger for me.  Mr. 50 Shades "just because I make you cum doesn't mean I give a shit if you die" was set to accomplish what?  I'm actually not sure what they are trying to do with Galindo, except that he is unraveling and in this world, that weakness is going to spell problems for this cartel. 
  • Love 5

I just so don’t care at all about Gabby and EZ. She is just too perfect in every way that she doesn’t come across as a real character. There’s no depth there, she’s just a trope. All of their scenes together this episode were just so slow and boring I ended up FF’ing through some of them. 

So Bishop’s son (who seemingly never existed before this season?) was killed in a car crash and he blames his ex because...? The ex that have we even ever met before? All these emotional scenes about characters we know nothing about, who cares?

I’m so losing interest in this show.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

I just so don’t care at all about Gabby and EZ. She is just too perfect in every way that she doesn’t come across as a real character. There’s no depth there, she’s just a trope. All of their scenes together this episode were just so slow and boring I ended up FF’ing through some of them. 

So Bishop’s son (who seemingly never existed before this season?) was killed in a car crash and he blames his ex because...? The ex that have we even ever met before? All these emotional scenes about characters we know nothing about, who cares?

I’m so losing interest in this show.

I agree the scenes in this episode were really slow and boring. The action at the end didn't save this episode from being forgettable. But from the preview it looks like there is going to be a lot more action next week.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

• Emily?  Girl, bye.
  • Galindo doesn't earn his swagger for me.  Mr. 50 Shades "just because I make you cum doesn't mean I give a shit if you die" was set to accomplish what?  I'm actually not sure what they are trying to do with Galindo, except that he is unraveling and in this world, that weakness is going to spell problems for this cartel. 

DITTO, DITTO,DITTO!  That Emily scene was pathetic!  Especially since it appears her and Mikey kissed and made up last week.  He is seriously losing it!  Also, does anyone else think it's weird that he went to see EZ's father and didn't kill him for messing with his mother?  He seemed a little too calm there.

16 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

I don't think he blames her, I think she blames him in at least in part: she knows he didn't want their son dead, but the collision that resulted in his death was apparently caused by someone going after Bishop. Question about this "Kat" she was moving to Scottsdale with: Is that their daughter, or her GF? The show wasn't clear at all, and "moving to Scottsdale as a family" could legitimately mean either.

17 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I'm still processing.  A few initial thoughts:

• Was Bish always such a gd mess?!  The entire time I was like "can you not make major decisions in your grief? it's gonna come back to fuck you".  Bruh, continuing to alienate people isn't smart.  
  • They all just good with Coco being MIA and messed up all the time?!  Where are they for their brother?  I hated Coco spending all episode at Methhead Jamboree.  But, the main guy's manipulation of him is so sinister. 
  • Again, not loving Gabby, but LOVE JD's choices with her.  His telling of the Francis/Clara story was so genuinely lovely.  Glad they finally did the deed, but can we wait until he doesn't have 2 giant holes in his abdomen?  I liked the beach scene and how pretty it was shot, but damn, EZ can't get 15 mins of chill before they are in all out war.  
  • Emily?  Girl, bye.

Bishop is alienating people, although he had a point with Alvarez: Alvarez chose to leave the MC of his own accord, which means he doesn't get to show back up when he feels like it and swing his weight around. Bishop was correct that it simply doesn't work that way.

The scenes at the Spahn Ranch 2.0 were creepy, but I legitimately never thought I'd hear an acoustic rendition of a Misfits song. I'd be interested to know what Glenn Danzig thought of it (other than the royalty $$$ in his pocket, of course).

That whole scene with Emily (which the show could easily have done without) was awful. She could have said "I'm glad you're safe," then said to Gaby "We're old friends from way back." EZ, for his part, could have at least made some small talk with her and introduced everyone to make things a little less awkward, The scene felt like the writers reminding us all "Emily still pines for EZ, remember?????"

Question to any doctors or nurses in this thread: If someone loses a gallon of blood (i.e. almost their body's entire volume), which is replaced with the cold, stale blood of others, are they just going to be able to leave the hospital the next day and go motorcycle riding? I remember reading about Reagan's attempted assassination (he lost almost as much blood); the book said that a large-scale replacement of blood in your body is very traumatic, on par with a severe beating. Of course, the transfusions are necessary to save your life, but can you just get up and move around the next day like nothing happened (except for changing bloody bandages every now and then)?

Galindo has become such a simpering idiot. He's still pines for his dead mother, disses Alvarez for his phone ringing (of all things) and threatens a public official in front of witnesses??? If the writers are setting him up to be offed at the end of the season, they're doing a good job.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 2