Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Basically, Cate went to "treatment" to get away from Tyler and Nova. And Tyler was all about it, as it gave him another excuse to go on vacation.

She went from one couch to another.

.. From his busy, productive life...

Snapchatting with fans and buying Batman-themed junk is hard work!
  • Love 5

Tyler took his friend on the trip, to either watch the kid or hold the camera for him.

https://www.instagram.com/tylerbaltierramtv/

Catelynn just tweeted that she'll be going home soon. https://twitter.com/CatelynnLowell/status/717496044297191424

but...but...I thought they wanted their privacy.

I guess Catelyn won't get to see the Grand Canyon.  She can peruse Tyler & Friend's snapshots, though.  That's almost like being there, except it isn't.

• Love 4

I have maintained for the longest how these two are just seeking attention and laying out so much manure to keep the public sympathy train going so they won't be criticized for their couch-sitting lifestyle. Depression my ass. Truly depressed people are not on social media 24-7-365. That is why Tyler cannot bother to get a job. No time to tweet.

• Love 6

I really hope that Cate actually benefits from the help, but since it is the same short-term treatment center Leah went to, I am not that optimistic. Leah doesn't seem to have changed at all, and she is obviously not involved in any aftercare. These women need serious inpatient help from qualified professionals with ongoing therapy afterwards. They also need to be honest and admit they have problems and really want help and be willing to change. Being in inpatient treatment for a month is not going to change anything if they remain in denial, don't have the self-awareness to recognize their problems, or aren't willing to work hard and get out of their comfort zones.

I still hope that Cate gets something positive out of the experience and follows up with therapy afterwards (with a different and more qualified/skilled therapist/psychologist than the copier room therapist).

• Love 3

I have maintained for the longest how these two are just seeking attention and laying out so much manure to keep the public sympathy train going so they won't be criticized for their couch-sitting lifestyle. Depression my ass. Truly depressed people are not on social media 24-7-365. That is why Tyler cannot bother to get a job. No time to tweet.

Just to confront this a wee little bit.  Depressed people can gravitate to social media.  It is a way for people who are depressed to still try to reach and connect with the world.  In the MH treatment model...the inclusion of social media in the last decade or so has often caused therapists and treatment providers to change the way they do their work.  

From my own personal experience, I was profoundly depressed a few years back.  I was at times suicidal.  I absolutely still used social media during that time.  It was my attempt at trying to connect with family and friends when I wasn't able to do in person...and also to just try to feel normal and get some positive feedback back from people.  I spent more time on social media when I was so depressed I couldn't see my way out then I did at any other time in my life.  It was the one place at times that I felt normal...or at least that I didn't want to end it all.   

For people like Cate and Tyler it might even be more so.  They get a lot of positive interactions on twitter and instagram and what have you.  From looking at their pages...the positive well outweighs the negative.  It is a place to go if you are looking for positive affirmation and to feel good about yourself when one is suffering from depression.  

• Love 12

My side of the SM discussion: I also suffer from anxiety and depression and 3 months ago, I deactivated my FB account. It really helped. My anxiety levels went down slightly (which is a HUGE thing for me) I could have simply unfriended the toxic people -mostly family members- but I know that would cause an argument I don't want to deal with, knowing they'd be offended, not because they care about me but because they love themselves. 
So, IMO, it probably helps some people to reach out on SM and others do better not being around poisonous types even through cyber space.

Tyler is a narcissist and feeds off the misguided attention of his groupies. Catelynn still gets a lot of love and simply needs to stay away from this forum, Reddit, Teen Mom Junkies and anywhere else where people are real if she doesn't want to read the truth, er, negative things about herself . 

• Love 6

The problem I have with her being on SM all the time is that all she ever sees is posts about how great Tyler is, and how they should stay together forever, and how she's so "lucky"...etc. I think it just convinced her to stay even more.

• Love 2

^^^ YES!!!  Since Day 1 all Cate has heard about was how great Tyler is and how lucky she is to have him.. I can't imagine what that does to a moderately loved teen who just gave up her baby to keep said AWESOME BOYFRIEND.  There isn't anyplace for her to go but downhill after that.  Think of the pressure she must feel knowing the universe thinks she's a schlub and Tyler is Captain Amazing for simply gracing her with his presence.

• Love 3
(edited)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD-tacYAjzZ/'>New from Tyler:

tylerbaltierramtvMe & Tootie are off to Arizona to go get @catelynnmtv I can't wait to come home with my wife & my whole family together again. This past month has been a little rough by myself, but nothing I wouldn't do all over again for my family. Cate's health, safety & security, has & always will be my main priority. I love you Babe & can't wait to kiss your face & hold you in my arms again! #BaltierraFamilyStrong

Month has been rough by yourself?  You traveled to Arizona twice, once childless with a friend to go pose for pictures as the Grand Canyon.  What a rough month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD-tacYAjzZ/

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5

Wow, this is the third time he has gone to az and she only left march 16th??

I'm not a huge fan of Tyler, but I feel like he can't win here. If he didn't go or didn't go often enough it would be that Tyler didn't care about Cate enough, but then if he goes 3 times then it is overkill.

I know that it really varied when I used to work in a job that would send people to treatment. Some people had no visitors, some people had people come once while they were there and some people had important people come on a weekly basis. I do hope at least one of the times he went that they did some kind of joint session to talk to Tyler about what Cate is going to need from him to do differently or how he can best support her when she gets out.

• Love 1

There is no one thing that "truly depressed" people do. Some seem happy in public, some don't. Some are extroverts, some introverts. Some spend a lot more time on social media for validation/boredom/self-esteem boosts/out of addiction, some less or not at all. Some become the life of the party in an attempt to hide their depression or deal with it; others stay at home and can't stop sleeping. It drives me nuts when people make blanket statements about mental health issues (if Leah were truly anxious, she'd _____). It's all part of the stigma of mental illness that gets perpetuated over and over by people who think they 'know.'

IMO Cate is extremely depressed. If nothing else, why wouldn't she be?! She hasn't had the most stable life (although depression doesn't need a cause). Her weight gain is also a common symptom of depression...and extreme weight LOSS is a symptom, too. So that goes to show how variable depression is in different people.

Tyler I have no words for. He is useless.

• Love 13

A diet of fast food can explain weight gain, too. It is not black or white with Cate. There are many plausible reasons as to why Cate is where she is in life.

Many of us have shared our personal experience with mental disease and disorders and the stigmas that go with them. Yes, some of us do know. I watched my sibling deal with a mental disease.

I also know I am over Tyler. He can go away. I used to like the guy. Being abusive to his dog was the beginning of the end for me.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

Right, someone can know. And someone who knows would not make a blanket generalization about "what the truly depressed" do or do not do. That indicates that they do not. It is not at all a fact that the truly depressed do not use social media. Also, people with depression do still have personalities and are human. A person can be clinically depressed AND lazy, boring, annoying, immature, or attention seeking. It does not make them less depressed. The only one who can know if they are truly depressed is the person him/herself and their doctor. Perpetuating the idea that mentally ill people look and act a certain way and only do certain things is part of the problem.

And yes, of course it's not black and white because no human's life/illness is black and white. Of course she's self-medicating with food, or she just really likes eating poorly. And she doesn't exercise, which could help her. Doesn't make her 'not truly depressed' any more than having cancer and not taking care of yourself/making it worse with your behavior makes you 'less cancerous,' or not taking care of your diabetes/eating poorly when you know you have diabetes makes you 'less diabetic.' It might make you an irresponsible diabetic or a lazy person, but it doesn't make you less diabetic. Same goes for mental illnesses as physical ones. If she is diagnosed with depression, she has it. Nothing she does negates that, though her behavior can make it worse or better.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

People have a right to choose what they believe about Cate and whether she is ill or not.

Man, this damn show was so snarkworthy. It has become so depressing and serious.

• Love 4

So do I have a right to decide whether someone really has lupus or not? Can I go all over the Internet and claim someone doesn't when they have a diagnosis of it? I mean, I guess, but I'll look pretty silly and it'll be pretty unproductive.

No, I'm not a physician and more importantly, I'm not that person's physician. Mental disorders are as legitimate as any other disorder. I suppose they can guess and pretend to be Cate's psychiatrist for a day...

• Love 4

Haven't heard good things about Bethany. A lot of open adoptions close and agencies lie to birth moms. C&T were two young clueless teens. Easy to manipulate.

What 13yo knows what they want? I'm surprised they made it this far. C&T are playing house. Tyler is just for show. Cate has low self worth. I can't see her completely turning into her mother but it's similar. Depending on a man and having low self worth.

It's weird that C&T didn't know sex unprotected leads to babies. Don't they teach that in school?

I think Kim had dreams and expectations for Tyler. Then Catelynn got pregnant and they chose adoption. She might have thought C&T would move on and be broken up by now but they're playing house. I mean these two said they wanted to go to college, graduate, then become social workers. That's why they chose adoption because they wanted to achieve goals and do it for Carly, but they haven't done shit. I truly believe they had Nova to replace Carly and to get a closer relationship with her.

Bethany is very manipulative. Like other evangelical "Christian" adoption agencies, they try to push birth parents (who had sex outside of marriage and are thus bad bad sinners) into adoption by "nice Christian" families. They don't give a lot of options, they don't have a reputation for respecting the birth parents' choices, and they aren't above deception and exaggeration in order to push birth parents into it so they make money and, of course, for the religious angle.

• Love 5

Right, someone can know. And someone who knows would not make a blanket generalization about "what the truly depressed" do or do not do. That indicates that they do not. It is not at all a fact that the truly depressed do not use social media. Also, people with depression do still have personalities and are human. A person can be clinically depressed AND lazy, boring, annoying, immature, or attention seeking. It does not make them less depressed. The only one who can know if they are truly depressed is the person him/herself and their doctor. Perpetuating the idea that mentally ill people look and act a certain way and only do certain things is part of the problem.

And yes, of course it's not black and white because no human's life/illness is black and white. Of course she's self-medicating with food, or she just really likes eating poorly. And she doesn't exercise, which could help her. Doesn't make her 'not truly depressed' any more than having cancer and not taking care of yourself/making it worse with your behavior makes you 'less cancerous,' or not taking care of your diabetes/eating poorly when you know you have diabetes makes you 'less diabetic.' It might make you an irresponsible diabetic or a lazy person, but it doesn't make you less diabetic. Same goes for mental illnesses as physical ones. If she is diagnosed with depression, she has it. Nothing she does negates that, though her behavior can make it worse or better.

Than you! Mental illnesses are health issues just like cancer and diabetes, not moral failings.

• Love 7

Guys it's fine to have different opinions but please note that you don't have to respond every time someone posts an opinion you disagree with. Use the ignore preferences and I assure you, your experience on the site will be much better! If you don't know how to set them up please PM me!

• Love 3

From what I see, he went to where she's getting treatment and has been there a week. They will be leaving , or have left, today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEO2tB6gj5V/

and: Tyler BaltierraMTV ‏@TylerBaltierra  · 7h7 hours ago 

Tyler BaltierraMTV Retweeted SheKnows

WOW That was amazing to see, especially after this intense family week we had for Cates treatment. Thank you SO much

I think cate won't lose the weight because it's the one thing she can control. Tyler runs their lives and acts like a dick whenever she has an opinion that differs from his. I think her refusal to lose weight is a big fuck you to Tyler, like oh hey mr nice guy who is getting a storyline by finally marrying me, I'm going to show up at that wedding 60 pounds heavier than you want me to be and what are you going to do about it? Show your true colors? The more I watch that dysfunctional relationship okay out the more I think it's mainly a love of junk food and a passive aggressive stab at asserting herself

• Love 4

I think cate won't lose the weight because it's the one thing she can control. Tyler runs their lives and acts like a dick whenever she has an opinion that differs from his. I think her refusal to lose weight is a big fuck you to Tyler, like oh hey mr nice guy who is getting a storyline by finally marrying me, I'm going to show up at that wedding 60 pounds heavier than you want me to be and what are you going to do about it? Show your true colors? The more I watch that dysfunctional relationship okay out the more I think it's mainly a love of junk food and a passive aggressive stab at asserting herself

So fucking true. He doesn't even ever take a turn watching the baby and then gets on her for being exhausted. It's not like he works or goes to school.

What's with the T's that look like F's?  I thought it said "My sfory isn fover yef."  Why do these people seek out the worst scratchers around to mark up their bodies?  I refuse to call those incompetent people "tattoo artists."

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 6

Semicolon tattoos are a tradition started a few years ago that mean the wearer has attempted suicide or planned it. :(

Oh wow I'd never heard that before. Thanks for sharing the info.

Is it wrong that my first thought was "please let this be about her and not Tyler"? Because I could see her getting that "for" him after his whole suicide attempt series of stories. Breaks my heart to think of her possibly attempting it also, but if she's going to ink it on her body I hope it's for herself.

• Love 2

I 100% believe Cate is depressed to the point of suicide or has been. Seems very clear in her case.

The semicolon represents the decision to continue your life when you could have/wanted to end it.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4