Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Watching the Women's College World Series softball game between Florida and Auburn and I truly nearly choked on my Diet Coke resulting in my spitting it out. Why you ask? Because one of the Auburn girls had her major listed as social work. So apparently it is a real thing? It just made me laugh so much because people often snickered about Tyler wanting to major in social work.

• Love 1

Watching the Women's College World Series softball game between Florida and Auburn and I truly nearly choked on my Diet Coke resulting in my spitting it out. Why you ask? Because one of the Auburn girls had her major listed as social work. So apparently it is a real thing? It just made me laugh so much because people often snickered about Tyler wanting to major in social work.

No. Cate and Ty wanted a degree in Social WorkING. Im pretty sure that's a different major. Something only offered to the highly ambitious student who tackles multi-majors ie social working, psychology and astronaut studies.

• Love 8
(edited)

I can't believe care went ahead with her same old story that she has talked about on 16 and pregnant, teen mom, reunion shows, couples therapy and speeches for Blythe adoption agency. Damn girl. We know already. You know she's fresh out of any kid of relevant storyline when she sits there and goes on about living in trailers and the hard knock life and wanting better on the last episode of season five. This show is done. I'd be surprised if it comes back for another season.

Edited by lexiexx
  • Love 1

No. Cate and Ty wanted a degree in Social WorkING. Im pretty sure that's a different major. Something only offered to the highly ambitious student who tackles multi-majors ie social working, psychology and astronaut studies.

Oh. Oops. I'm an idiot. :)

But they have cell phones now!

You know, for kids growing up in poverty, having a cell phone is a big deal. They were teenagers in the first wave of teen kids getting cell phones, and I bet there was some jealousy with not being able to afford them. 

I'm watching the Being Catelyn special and these two morons are having a bitchfest in the car about picki different parents for Carly. Not because BrandonandTeresa are bad parents or because Carly looks malnourished when they see her or Carly seems unloved. No. They would have picked different parents because they can't post pics of her on their Instagram feed.

This has been a thing with them for quite some time. Catelynn even tosses in a "I gave you something you wouldn't have otherwise". BrandonandTheresa are far more patient than I would be because I would have shut these two down with a quickness. Maybe I would have said I'll let you see her when you finally graduate college.

• Love 11
(edited)

Someone mentioned a website that had been created way back when for people to donate money to these two so they could attend college. Whatever happened to those funds?

Edited to fix an autocorrect change that I didn't notice. Happened. Not Halle Ed. Sheesh, iPad, get it right.

Edited by Mischievious

Someone mentioned a website that had been created way back when for people to donate money to these two so they could attend college. Whatever Halle Ed to those funds?

It would be interesting to find out. I recall the fund getting up to around $15,000. That has to be 4 or 5 years ago, by now.  I have no idea what the final total was. Where oh where did it go?

• Love 1

Yeah, I have a feeling that Brandon and Theresa aren't wanting for much, but I don't know anyone that couldn't use an extra $14K. Besides, they've had their names pulled through the mud by Catelynn and Tyler, so that might help make up for it.

• Love 1
(edited)

What is so ridiculous about that trust fund for college is:

1) This was when both Tyler and Cate talked about going to college. Why did Cate change her mind? Why accept money from fans when she had no intention of going to school?

2) These two get a shit-load of money from MTV. There is no fucking excuse whatsoever for these two to even had a fund set up for them. I wonder how many of those fans even know how much money those two earned season after season? I can't imagine anyone who knows what they earn, giving money to them for college.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

I doubt there is any money left because from the link once the 1099 paperwork was completed they were each to receive a check ($4,500) for what was left after the set aside with Barnes & Noble, 

What's next: we'll be splitting the funds straight down the middle; $7,000 for each of them. Of that, we'll be placing at least $2,500 apiece with Barnes & Noble, which offers textbooks (Tyler was pretty excited about this; more on that in a second). The rest is being placed in a client-trust account; once the 1099 business is good to go, they will receive their checks for the remaining cash from said account. The money will be delivered in person when Catelynn, Tyler, and the lawyer can find a mutually agreeable time (and we'll let you know as soon as that happens)

• Love 3

1) This was when both Tyler and Cate talked about going to college. Why did Cate change her mind? Why accept money from fans when she had no intention of going to school?

2) These two get a shit-load of money from MTV. There is no fucking excuse whatsoever for these two to even had a fund set up for them. I wonder how many of those fans even know how much money those two earned season after season? I can't imagine anyone who knows what they earn, giving money to them for college.

That was Tyler's idea. She wouldn't dare go against him. He wanted cate to go to school. It falls right in with his bullshit we want to do better storyline that he is a master of spinning. Tyler himself doesn't even want to go to school. If he did he would have focused on it by now instead of purposely having a second kid. Those two are both manipulative and they love playing the victim and benefitting from it. Tyler wanted to give Carly up for adoption because he didn't want a kid. All of the rest about wanting to go to school and do better is pure bullshit and strictly for the show Imo. If he cared about his kid being around drama and butch he wouldn't have invited butch to move in with them when catelynn was pregnant. Again. As far as the people giving those two money, I think allot of people fall into the storylines hook line and sinker. Which I can't understand. Do they think these people are being filmed for free? So gullible. And that is exactly what care and Tyler are counting on.
  • Love 5

Their fans are the worst. They just encourage Catelynn and Tylers bullshit. Thank god Carly has amazing parents. Like I said before I will never enter an open adoption thanks to Catelynn and Tyler. They ruined it for me. Their over inflated egos, their disrespect, their lies are all too much. Carly has parents, she has a sibling she also has grandparents. Carly has both parents at home, they have jobs and they meet her physical and emotional needs. They put Carly first. Something her birth parents don't do because they're both selfish. I suspect as Nova gets older Catelynn and Tyler will use Nova to guilt people and Brandon&Theresa into seeing Carly. They're going to push even more boundaries. These two need to get jobs, get educations, and stop with their bs

Can anyone tell me why did these two write a book? What can they possibly have to say?

• Love 4

Absolutely nothing!

If I were one of those fools who donated money to C & T, I would be mighty pissed to know they misused the funds.  

Those two are exactly where they were when they had the first baby.  They will never mature past that age.  Tyler even dresses the same with the stupid hats and the (tm Kim RIchards) God damn sunglasses.  

Seeing him tonight with the threats to B & T regarding posting photos of Carly.  If I had been them that day, they would never have seen Carly, and all ties would be cut.

Hi Tyler...you douche bag.  I know you are reading this.

• Love 8

If I were one of those fools who donated money to C & T, I would be mighty pissed to know they misused the funds.

Well, not right of C&T, but...you get what you pay for. If, of all the legit charities and fundraisers out there, the one that tugs at your heartstrings is funding higher education for two lazy kids who are making 6 figures a season, then you kind of deserve to get taken.

• Love 3

Yep, either Tyler is trying to get something out of Kiki being a godmother or, there is no one in their lives that is good enough or has enough money to be their child's godparent. Hell, it might be all those reasons. Tyler probably wants to make sure that MTV check keeps coming in, too.

If, of all the legit charities and fundraisers out there, the one that tugs at your heartstrings is funding higher education for two lazy kids who are making 6 figures a season, then you kind of deserve to get taken.

I agree.

• Love 2

C&T revealed last night that producer Kiki is the godmother to Nova. Wow. That is super sad.

I think that was supposed to be so cute and touching that they're such great friends with their producer, but it really just kind of made me sad. Immediately after this, I watched UnReal on lifetime (about a producer on a bachelor type show that manipulates contestants to be good tv) and it made me wonder how much the producers actually care about these teen mom girls. They all seem to think that the producers are their best friends, but I have to wonder how much contact they had from the time the show went off the air, until the Being specials and OG.

Who is Kiki?

C&T's producer/BFF

• Love 1

I would love to sit in on the producer meetings where they all unload of how stupid their subjects are.  I can just see them laughing about how Amber thinks this guy truly loves her and her kid.  They probably  double  over at Tyler and Cate thinking they are close enough to be asked to be Godparents. 

They certainly take bets on who has the dumbest Teen Mom subject.

• Love 4

AND they look so much alike!

LIKE TWINS. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHICH IS WHICH!!!!

Did anyone else think Theresa was just appeasing them there? I'm not a mother, but I think most moms know their babies. I know moms of identical twins that could tell their babies apart by the smallest difference.

• Love 2

I would love to sit in on the producer meetings where they all unload of how stupid their subjects are. I can just see them laughing about how Amber thinks this guy truly loves her and her kid. They probably double over at Tyler and Cate thinking they are close enough to be asked to be Godparents.

They certainly take bets on who has the dumbest Teen Mom subject.

I bet that's the real show. I wonder how much Headdie gets paid to put up with Amber and Farrah, and feed into their lunacy. Kiki definitely has it easier with Catelynn and Tyler now than back in the days where Catelynn lived with Butch and April. Who is Maci's producer?

Awhile ago there was an AMA on reddit that was deleted from a former cameraman. It was mostly about the TM2 girls, but it gave some good info, mostly about what a crap head Leah Messer is, and that was way way before the deer cam incident. Possibly even before Jermy and Adalynn.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, not right of C&T, but...you get what you pay for. If, of all the legit charities and fundraisers out there, the one that tugs at your heartstrings is funding higher education for two lazy kids who are making 6 figures a season, then you kind of deserve to get taken.

I'm  someone that sent a check to that fund.  I don't feel taken.  I'm not pissed.  I'm not a "fan" and I'm not sorry I did it.  It wasn't so much about college for me as it was  a simple gesture towards two good kids to show them people do care about their story; that despite all the crappy  circumstances of Catelynn's life, maybe it would be nice to feel like someone cared about what happens to her.   At the time, it seemed like these kids weren't getting any support from their families (April and Butch) for not only their decision to place their baby for adoption but for anything they did.   

So a couple of teenagers with backgrounds like theirs  didn't follow through on college for whatever reason isn't even a little shocking to me.  I've sat on several scholarship committees and believe me, Catelynn and Tyler aren't the first young people with good intentions and bad (or more likely non-existent) advisors on how to accomplish them. They barely finished high school, if they lacked the skills needed to get through a semester of college it's not surprising.  Hell, I don't think Amber and Butch ever finished high school much less thought about going to a secondary school. 

All this to say that First-Gen students often face extra challenges not only matriculating but completing their studies.  They are more likely to drop out as a result;  nationally, less than half of all First-Gen college students actually graduate college in six years.   If Tyler and/or Catelyn ever really do go to school I hope they are fortunate enough to hook up with a program that specifically helps first-generation students. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

I'm  someone that sent a check to that fund.  I don't feel taken.  I'm not pissed.  I'm not a "fan" and I'm not sorry I did it.  It wasn't so much about college for me as it was  a simple gesture towards two good kids to show them people do care about their story; that despite all the crappy  circumstances of Catelynn's life, maybe it would be nice to feel like someone cared about what happens to her.   At the time, it seemed like these kids weren't getting any support from their families (April and Butch) for not only their decision to place their baby for adoption but for anything they did.   

So a couple of teenagers with backgrounds like theirs  didn't follow through on college for whatever reason isn't even a little shocking to me.  I've sat on several scholarship committees and believe me, Catelynn and Tyler aren't the first young people with good intentions and bad (or more likely non-existent) advisors on how to accomplish them. They barely finished high school, if they lacked the skills needed to get through a semester of college it's not surprising.  Hell, I don't think Amber and Butch ever finished high school much less thought about going to a secondary school. 

All this to say that First-Gen students often face extra challenges not only matriculating but completing their studies.  They are more likely to drop out as a result;  nationally, less than half of all First-Gen college students actually graduate college in six years.   If Tyler and/or Catelyn ever really do go to school I hope they are fortunate enough to hook up with a program that specifically helps first-generation students. 

Sorry, but I believe that a couple of "good kids" would have returned the money.

• Love 5

Well, I'm not worried about it.  It was years ago and not much money.   Like I said, it was more about the gesture of support than anything else.  I kind of forgot about it until I read this thread.  

Whatever Catelynn does or doesn't accomplish in her future, she will always be one of the good guys to me simply for the big deal that is placing a child for adoption, despite all the hell she caught from her family, just so that child could have a better life than she was having   That's not a small thing; that's huge.   I wish her nothing but the best. 

• Love 9

Catelynn has grown on me, Tyler just gets worse and worse. I honestly don't think she would be too heartbroken if the show ended. I feel like all she wants is to own a house and be a stay at home mom to Nova, plus a few more, be married to Tyler, see Carly as much as possible and for her relatives to stay off drugs and out of jail. She's a relatively simple girl, and I think all she really wants is to be happy and middle class respectable. Tyler is the real diva in that relationship. He seems to have a grass is greener attitude and is always ready for a fight. He seems to spend most of his time pointing out the things that he perceives to be wrong with Catelynn, but becomes belligerent when his own flaws are pointed out. I really think the best thing for Catelynn is getting the hell away from Tyler and the show. I think both he and MTV have done possibly irreparable harm to her relationship with Brandon and Theresa.

• Love 11

She's a relatively simple girl, and I think all she really wants is to be happy and middle class respectable. Tyler is the real diva in that relationship.

I totally agree. Cate is not really that bright and her general laziness in every facet of her life (work, school, fitness, household chores, etc) sometimes annoys me, but she does appear to be a genuinely kindhearted and caring person, and has shown herself to be very unselfish at times. I also appreciate that she doesn't seem to care about huge houses and fancy cars and seems very grateful for the material things she has.

Tyler on the other hand needs to just go away. On top of always manipulating Cate, he just does not come off as very likeable, and like Maci and Farrah and Amber, has a real penchant for rewriting history.

• Love 6

We all talk about how Catelynn holds on to Tyler when he really doesn't want to be there anymore.  But, I really think he stays, not because Cate loves him and is loyal, or the new baby, but because without Cate, he's outta the TM picture, and fame is his greatest love.  

Cate deserves so much better than that loser.  She is the prize of that couple.  Overweight or not, she has more to offer than his skinny, arrogant ass.  

• Love 10

I bet that's the real show. I wonder how much Headdie gets paid to put up with Amber and Farrah, and feed into their lunacy. Kiki definitely has it easier with Catelynn and Tyler now than back in the days where Catelynn lived with Butch and April. Who is Maci's producer?

Awhile ago there was an AMA on reddit that was deleted from a former cameraman. It was mostly about the TM2 girls, but it gave some good info, mostly about what a crap head Leah Messer is, and that was way way before the deer cam incident. Possibly even before Jermy and Adalynn.

Well, I hope the producers are genuinely fond of them even if confused by the emotional dependence.  I think Maci also has Kiki. Each producer has two girls, from what I understand.  It's sad that Amber and Cate are so lonely that they think of these people as genuine friends. Really speaks to how lacking they are in a support system. I guess Maci is the luckiest of all the girls since she was raised by relatively level headed adults and seems to think of the MTV crew as colleagues rather than family. 

• Love 2

We all talk about how Catelynn holds on to Tyler when he really doesn't want to be there anymore.  But, I really think he stays, not because Cate loves him and is loyal, or the new baby, but because without Cate, he's outta the TM picture, and fame is his greatest love.  

Well, giant sunglasses and hats, along with heavily embroidered jackets are his greatest loves.  But fame is a very close second.

• Love 6

Sorry, but I believe that a couple of "good kids" would have returned the money.

Enough said. Agree. Those two pull in more money than most kids their age. They could have passed that on to two other deserving kids who really are serious about their education and their future.

Truelovekiss, this is the article you are referring to about the camera man and Leah Messer being the worst mom. I agree, this is the show that should have been shown at that time. Imagine all the dirt that was left on the cutting room floor along with the Cheetos?

http://www.crushable.com/2012/08/29/entertainment/teen-mom-camera-man-reddit-ama-leah-messer-worst-mom-barbara-evans-voice-670/

• Love 4

Thanks, GreatKazu! This actually had more info than I had seen before! I really wonder which "friends" hit on the crew? Some nominees...

*Leah's BFF Kayla and sister Victoria before they both got married.

*Kousin Krystal

*Peach?

*one of Chelsea's many single mom friends that all look exactly like her

*Any of Maci's treehouse pals

*Jenelle's on and off BFF Tori

I doubt anyone from Farrah or Catelynn's circles, because they have no friends. I can see Deb hitting on crew members in their late 20s and early 30s, because she seems like a cougar. April might have too, when Butch was locked up.

• Love 6

I vote that Tyler hit on the crew. He was just identified as a friend. :-)

Flirting with the crew, making someone with mtv "power" his baby's godmother...he's like a cross between a fledgling actress and the mafia.

• Love 5

It seems like they are quite a few females on the crew, so really anyone could have been the flirtatious one. Or did the item mention specific genders? I can easily see Gary trying to proposition someone with Gary time. 

I think Tyler is way too concerned with his image to get caught hitting on someone while he's with Catelynn. 

It seems like they are quite a few females on the crew, so really anyone could have been the flirtatious one. Or did the item mention specific genders? I can easily see Gary trying to proposition someone with Gary time.

I think Tyler is way too concerned with his image to get caught hitting on someone while he's with Catelynn.

The article specifically mentioned someone being in a hot tub with a 38 year old bald man, so I'm assuming a girl. But that was just one instance. I can also totally imagine Gary asking Heather if she's up for some Gary Time.

• Love 4
The article specifically mentioned someone being in a hot tub with a 38 year old bald man, so I'm assuming a girl. But that was just one instance. I can also totally imagine Gary asking Heather if she's up for some Gary Time.

Ohhh, okay. Then I'm going to put my money on cousin Kristal. 

• Love 1